I Cant Go There by Carter
Summary: Tahlia breaks up with Brian just months before...he starts to flash back...Nick picks him up to go into the studio..but Nick gets hungry he wants to go to a cafe down the street Brian says no he can't go there its too much him and Tahlia...until he meets her in San Francisco at McDonalds..




Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 2851 Read: 8403 Published: 07/03/06 Updated: 07/03/06

1. Chapter 1 by Carter

2. Chapter 2 by Carter

3. Chapter 3 by Carter

4. Chapter 4 by Carter

5. Chapter 5 by Carter

6. Chapter 6 by Carter

Chapter 1 by Carter
You know that restaurant on highway one
With the key lime pie that song
The sand and the sun
Where we ran in our bare feet
Built a castle on the beach
Just the wind, the rocks, the waves and you and me



Brian woke up. He was alone yet once again. Just him in the big house was so quiet it was creepy. He walked into the kitchen and saw the picture of them together.


~ Flashback ~


Tahlia stepped off the boat and onto the sand. Brain stood there waiting amongst the waves.


“Hey there sexy”


“Hey…Tahlia you ready to go to that restaurant on highway 1?”


“Sure am we just need to go and change”


“Let’s go and change then…”Brian and Tahlia went back to the house. Tahlia came out of the bathroom wearing a light blue spaghetti strap tang top with a light blue mini skirt her hair was up in a messy bun and her make up was just slightly done.


“Wow you look amazing”



"And you dont look too bad yourself stranger” Brian smiled. The way she looked he felt like his heart skipped a beat. Tahlia walked over to Brian and wrapped her hand around his arm and they were on their way…


* After Dinner *


Tahlia took the key lime pie in her hand and grabbed Brian’s with the other. They walked out of the restaurant and went out to the beach.


“This is so beautiful” Tahlia smiled.


“I know…. I wish we could just say here forever,” Tahlia laughed a little then smiled.


“Brian you silly goof we both live here on the beach we could stay here forever!”


“I know I was just trying to get you to smile…I love to see you smile.”


“I know you do” Tahlia let go of Brian’s hand and took off her shows as Tahlia started to run away from Brian after she set down the pie in the sand.


“So you want a little tag game eh?” Brian quickly took off his shoes and started to run after Tahlia,” Haha gotcha” he said pulling her in for a kiss”


“Haha not anymore!” Tahlia ran down towards the water. Brian stood there for about 30 seconds and watched her slash her feet around in the water. Brian caught up with her once again.


“I let you get me that time”


“Uh huh sure ya did” Brian leaned in and kissed her again.


“Wanna make a sand castle?” Tahlia chuckled as she picked up some wet sand and started to play with it.


“That was sure random”


“So you wanna?”


“Sure why not?” Tahlia and Brian started to build their sand castle it kept getting ruined by Brian who purposely did it just to make her laugh.


“Would you stop? You’re purposely ruining it!”


“So?”


“Come on Brian” she begged while making a puppy dog face


“Fine” it didn’t take long to build this sand castle “Hey look it’s finally done” Brian and Tahlia stood up and looked at it for a second,” Our masterpiece” he chuckled.


“Yes I know”


“But not for long,” Brian took Tahlia’s hand and pulled her into his arms and started to gently kiss her.


“Brian not here”


~ End Flashback ~


Brian knew he would never forget that day.

Chapter 2 by Carter
I can’t go there
Cause that’s just too much us
I can’t go there
I still feel your touch
There’s places in my heart
And here that feel as empty
As our bed
So most nights I don’t even walk upstairs
Cause I can’t go there



Brian got up from the couch and started to walk towards the bedroom to go and change into something clothes and go to the studio for another long day. He walked down the hall and he couldn’t even walk up the stairs without thinking of her. He walked into the room downstairs and got out something to wear there Brian heard the phone ring.


“Hello?”


“Yo Rok you still coming to the studio dude? We figured you would have been here by now”


“Um yea I am still coming I got side tracked that’s all. I will be there soon”


“Well actually Nicky said he is picking you up he got ‘worried’ I guess”


“All right” Brian heard the doorbell ring, “Well I think he just got there so I will see you in a little bit okay?”


All right Rok see ya later,” Brian hung up the phone and walked to the door and opened it.


“Hey Brian” Nick walked in,” Dude it’s non and you aren’t even dressed. What’s wrong with you? What time did you get up?”


“I just woke up Nick I just haven’t been myself all right?”


“Okay, okay jeez well lets get going hurry up and get dressed,” Brian walked into his room and got some clothes on.


“Are you happy now? Now lets get going,” Brian and Nick walked out the door and got into Nick’s car.


“I thought we would go somewhere to eat first,”


“Okay” Nick stared the car and drove out of the driveway. Brian sat there and looked out the window. He soon realized where he was going the little café down the street where they would always get coffee,” Nick I don’t wanna go there”


“Why?”


“Because I can’t go there”


“Tell me why?”


“Its too much me and Tahlia Nick we went there every day and got coffee”


“Come on Brian you gotta get over her man. Is that was you have been actin so weird?”


“Yea, I guess that’s why but I don’t think I can go there Nick can’t we just go to Mc Donald’s or something? I really can’t go there”


“Okay Brian I understand you can’t go there it’s too much you and her”

Chapter 3 by Carter
Remember San Francisco on that cable car
Our reflection in the window of that store
How we danced the night away
With the lights out on the bay
Then wound up in a blanket on the floor




Brian and Nick reached the studio around one.


“Hey Rok we thought you’d never get here”


“Talk to Nick he got hungry”


“Ah so what’s going on? Why have you been so I don’t know well unhappy?” AJ questioned.


“Nothing,” he sighed,” Just thinking that’s all”


-Flashback-


Brian walked into their home and saw Tahlia sitting on the couch. Brian crept behind her and handed her two tickets.


“Brian what’s this?”


“Just open them,” Tahlia took the tickets from Brian and realized it was for San Francisco…where she always wanted to go.


"Brian! You did this for me?”


“Well you always talk about going there so I made arrangements for tomorrow at noon on a private jet.”


“Brian I can’t believe you did this for me”


-End Flashback-


“Brian you have got to get over her…she isn’t coming back”


“How do you know?”


“Because I know…Rok this isn’t worth moping around. Tahlia is gone she isn’t coming back.


-Flashback-


“Come on Brian lets go on one of those cable cars and take a ride around,” she begged.


“Oh all right,” they saw the cable car coming to a stop and they got ton. Brian stood behind Tahlia holding her close making sure she wouldn’t fall off the car.


“This place is just hot I dreamed…so many little shops and stores…it makes me want to go shopping,” she lightly giggled.


“Let’s go shopping then we have the next 72 hours here we better make the best of it.” Brian smiled at Tahlia. They got off at the next stop, ”Where do you wanna start first?” Tahlia looked around and saw a clothes store across the way and she pointed there. They made their way over to the clothes store and walked up to the store window and saw their reflection. He knew it was meant to for them to be together.


They came out of the store 15 minutes later with 2 bags full of clothes.


“Hey how about we go out to Gary’s for a little dinner?” Tahlia nodded her head and away they went.


As they ate their dinner Brian noticed they were playing some music in the background.


“May I have this dance?” Tahlia smiled and slowly got up from her seat and took a hold of Brian’s hand. They went out to the little back porch looking out on the bay with the lights shining down on them.


-End Flashback-


“I remember you telling me about that day”


“Yea somehow we wound up in a blanket on the floor…don’t remember that was a great trip”


“I am sure it was Brian but lets try and focus.”

Chapter 4 by Carter
I can't go there
Cause frescos too much us
I can't go there
I still feel your touch
Now there’s places in my heart and here that
Still feel as empty as our bed
So most nights I don’t even walk upstairs
Cause I can't go there


They long day at the studio slowly ended. Brian was handed a schedule for where they were going to be going for the next 3 or 4 months recording at various places. Brian looked it over on the car as Nick drove him home.


“No!”


“Dude what’s your problem?”


“We’re going to San Francisco”


“So?”


“Nick I can’t go there too much us”


“Brian don’t give me that’s too much us shit you are going to have to get over it. If management says we are going there we are going there”


“Nick you don’t understand all right! We shared so many memories and now that she’s gone…I just can’t deal with it”


“Am I gonna have to get Kev to talk to you?”


“Why is it that if something ALWAYS goes wrong you bring Kevin into this!’


“Brian he is your cousin and I am sure he would make more sense than I ever possible could. You’re moping around about Tahlia like everything is going to go back to the way it was. Rok she isn’t coming back…she left”


“I don’t believe you! I have some faith that she’ll be back…I have to believe in myself”


“Brian listen to yourself you can’t even walk upstairs into your own room and go to sleep you sleep in a spare bedroom downstairs. Everything you do reminds you of her…you need some help Brian why is she so special?”


“The only one I felt so strongly about Nick…I guess you can call me crazy but she was ‘the one’ “


“None of us knew that Brian…we never knew how you truly felt about Tahlia”


“Sorry I just never wanted to say OR show it that’s all”


“You know you are STILL going to have to go to San Francisco whether you like it or not” Brian growled.


“Maybe management would understand”


“What you can’t go there because it’s too much you and your ex-girlfriend? No you’re going!”


“It’s worth a try”


“No Brian no…how many times do I have to tell you?”


“Nick just let me out of the car now I am going to take a chance at talking to them…it would just make me even more miserable than I already am Nick”


“Fine go do whatever…I can’t stop you…I just tried and it obviously isn’t going to work so I am just going to let you make your own mistake.”

Chapter 5 by Carter
If it was only Florida or California
Maybe I could let myself move on
But its everywhere we've been
And everywhere I turn
I can't love again
Cause I’ve learned


That I can't go there
Its something I can't do
I can't go there
I'll run into you
I can't go there


The next week Brian was on a plane going to San Francisco. He tried talking to management but like Nick said it wasn’t going to work.


“How you feeling Rok?”


“Horrible I don’t wanna go there”


“I told you it wasn’t going to work”


“Shut up Nick”


“Jeez chill out”


Two hours later the guys arrived in San Francisco. The fans surrounded the airport as usual it leaked out that they were going to be coming. They signed a few autographs and they were on their way.


“Can we go and eat something please? I am hungry” Nick whined.


“Again? Aren’t you ever full? I guess we can stop at McDonalds” Kevin replied. The car started to move and he looked out the window. They pulled into the nearest McDonalds up the street. Brian turned his head and thought he saw a familiar face.


“Brian what’s wrong? You look like you have seen a ghost or something.” Howie asked.


“Nothing I thought I just saw someone that’s all”


“Brian you aren’t going to see her here all right. Just chill out you are seeing things” The driver parked the car and they got out and made their way into the restaurant. Brian looked over to his right and saw her again.


-Flashback-


“Brian we need to talk” Tahlia said.


“What’s wrong?”


“I don’t think we can see each other anymore”


“What? Why? What’s wrong?”


“I don’t think I can deal with this anymore you’re always gone…and you always seem to make it up to me, but I think I would rather just to be with you instead of you and the guys sometimes…I would like some alone time with you…” she explained.


“But… “


“Brian I am sorry I had fun while it was there”


-End Flashback-


“Yo, Brian what do you want?” he didn’t answer,” Hello? Earth to Brian Littrell what do you want?”


“Oh sorry uh a quarter pounder sounds good I guess”


“Drink?”


“Oh um…coke will be fine” Brian turned around to see if he could see her again and she was gone.

Chapter 6 by Carter
When the sun shines, when it rains Christmas party’s, football games Winter, summer, fall or spring I see you in everything

I can't go there... Its too much us I can't go there

The guys went to go and sit down and AJ nudged Brian.

“What?”

“Isn’t that Tahlia?” Brian turned to his left and there she was. He thought he saw her. He knew if she would come here that he would run into her. This is where she had moved to after they had broken up.

“Go and talk to her”

“AJ no…I can’t”

“Sure you can…” he saw AJ start to talk over to Tahlia.

“AJ no…I’ll do it okay? Can I just eat first?”

“Fine if you don’t I will”

-Flashback-

“Tahlia can we please just talk about this?”

“Brian there is nothing to talk about”

“Why didn’t you say something before…before I loved you”

“You love me?”

“More than you know”

“I am sorry Brian everything is gone. I thought I loved you…but when you weren’t there anymore I got lonely and I am tired of always being lonely and you went of with Nick or someone other than me.”

“Tahlia I am sorry please don’t leave me”

“Brian I am sorry…just saying sorry isn’t going to cut it all right? This is going to have to be the way it is I’m sorry” Tahlia grabbed her purse and walked out the door.

“She’s gone…she’s really gone”

-End Flashback-

“Brian? You haven’t touched your food are you okay?”

“Um yea” Brian started to eat his food when he looked up and noticed she started to talk his way.

“Go away, go away I am not ready to see you yet” Brian thought.

“Brian?”

“Damn she spotted me,” he mumbled,” Tahlia is that you?”

“Yes it is…I never thought I would see you in San Francisco ever again”

“I didn’t plan on it myself….but you know the group or should I say management made me come”

“How long are you here? Maybe we can go and have coffee or sometime and catch up?”

“I don’t know…” AJ felt AJ step on his foot,” Okay yea sure…I will have to check with my schedule though I can get back to you what’s your number?”

“Oh um 826-3926 my cell is 912-3045”

“Okay thanks” Tahlia walked off and gave him a smile.

“That wasn’t so bad”

“Yes it was AJ I wasn’t ready to talk to her….I knew I would run into her here…that6s why I didn’t want to come”

“Well it looks like you’ll be seeing her some time soon”

“I just realized that”

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7913