Living In Your Radio by Carter
Summary: Nick does everything in his power to make this girl want him, but nothing seems to work...she only laughs at him. But one day he decided to try again...and it failed so he took off to Tennessee to pursue his music career. But when he goes back he is faced with her once more.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Alternate Universe
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1391 Read: 715 Published: 07/08/06 Updated: 07/08/06

1. Living In Your Radio by Carter

Living In Your Radio by Carter
Author's Notes:
I wrote this really late at night and I am sorry if it doesn't make any sense lol...
I walked into my next class and there she was…Kadence. I have liked her for so long. It’s amazing what a guy would do for a love these days. I have done so many things just so she’ll notice me. I have put notes in her locker, got one of those banners and put it on the back of a plane and had it fly around the school. It’s sad, but I couldn’t help it-I was in love. But the result it always came out the same-she laughed.

”Hi Kadence”

”Hey loser,” that’s better than a shove and a punch in the face from her latest boyfriends. But then again she has many boyfriends how can you have so many boyfriends at the same time and none of them know about the other? It doesn’t make any sense to me,” Like why are you still like standing there? Don’t you need to go strum on your guitar and write stupid little songs or something?” I just walked away. I guess she must have gotten my latest gesture a song. I thought hey why not all girls love a song written to them right? Well, I guess she doesn’t. But I am working on a new song I haven’t quite worked out all the bugs yet, but this one was going to make me big…bigger than all those new people out these days. Throughout the day it felt like torture though I found out the ‘song’ I had written for Kadence was plastered all over the school how humiliating! It seems like every day it just keeps getting worse. Some days I wish she would just give me a chance and then other days it’s your stupid Nick why do you want to be with her feeling.

”Awe what’s wrong Carter the love of your life won’t talk to you?” I just ignored it that was normal, but today it seemed worse. I just had a feeling there was more to come and I wasn’t going to like it,” Come on Carter what too scared now to talk? Or are you going to go and write a song about it and stick it in my locker?” he laughed. I of course just ignored it. I wasn’t the kind of person to really ‘talk back’ I knew I should have, but I am one of those neutral people. They were still laughing and heckling and I couldn’t take it so I started to walk faster and went out to the football field. I wanted to try again with Kadence…I just knew I had to. I know I am being stupid, but again what a guy does for love?

”If this doesn’t get her attention I am off to Tennessee.” I said aloud as I spray painted my number on the fifty yard line of the football field with my name and an “I Love You” and then went home. I didn’t know what I was doing, but I know I was making the right choice.

Just hours later from tapping my fingers on my desk and sitting by the phone I knew she wasn’t going to call me. The football game had already started and I knew she would be there. Well I guess this was it….I am off to Tennessee to pursue something I have always wanted to do forever. I would have gone to Los Angeles…but I wanted to be somewhere close…and Tennessee has a pretty good music scene too, so what the hell why not go there?

Just months after running off to Tennessee I caught a break in the music industry. I finished my song and now I almost have an entire full length album ready to go out in stores. After I heard Kadence made fun of me for going to Tennessee it made me what to strive more and it made me want to write more songs. And then I heard right after high school she married some guy worth millions and doesn’t care about her…he just leaves her home at night and goes out and parties. I would have never done that to her if she had only given me a chance. But that’s ok I don’t need her now and I wouldn’t want her now. I found someone who loves me and I don’t think would leave me for the world.

I got off my tour bus in Orlando…I never though I would be coming back here, but I was doing a promotion tour for my new album and single. I saw a bunch of screaming fans screaming for me couldn’t believe nor imagine something like this, this was amazing! I guess I am quite popular now.

”Ladies and gentlemen we’re sorry that he was a little late he was stuck in traffic…but here he is the guest of honor—Nick Carter!!!” I walked out onto the stage and walked up to the microphone.

”Thank you all for coming out today!!! I wasn’t expecting this kind of reaction to be honest I thought there wasn’t going to be anybody here. But I guess I have a popular fan base,” I picked up my guitar,” Anyway, this is my new single and my new album is almost done and it should be out in stores very soon. So lets get started!” I strummed the first few cords of my song.

I was always the crazy one I broke into the stadium And I wrote your number on the 50 yard line You were always the perfect one And the valedictorian so Under your number I wrote "call for a good time"

I only wanted to catch your attention But you overlooked me somehow Besides you had too many boyfriends to mention And I played my guitar too loud.

How do you like me now? How do you like me now, Now that I'm on my way? Do you still think I'm crazy Standin here today? I couldn’t make you love me But I always dreamed about living in your radio How do you like me now?

When I took off to Tennessee I heard that you made fun of me Never imagined I'd make it this far Then you married into money girl Aint it a cruel and funny world? He took your dreams and tore them apart.

He never comes home And youre always alone And your kids hear you cryin down the hall Alarm clock starts ringin Who could that be singin Its me baby, with your wake up call!

How do you like me now? How do you like me now, Now that I'm on my way? Do you still think I'm crazy Standin here today? I couldnt make you love me But I always dreamed about living in your radio How do you like me now?

”Thank you….you’ve been a great crowd….and again be looking for my album in stores soon!” I walked off the stage and I was greeted by my bodyguard.

”Mr. Carter I am sorry to bother you, but this lady insisted that she knew you”

”Thank you Mike.” Out from behind Mike there stood Kadence…she hadn’t changed a bit…I was happy to see her.

”Nick!” she tried to give me a hug, but I pushed her away,” What you don’t love me anymore?” she asked.

”No…I have someone who loves me for me. And she didn’t treat me like you did back when we were in school. And now that you have seen that I made it big you think you can just come crawling back to me, well you should have taken your chance in high school,” I just poured my heart out. It finally felt good to do that,” Oh by the way that song I just sang…it was about you” those were my last words to her and then I walked off towards my girlfriend. Now I can finally concentrate and be at peace. She can have me…well while I live in her radio that is.

Song Credit "How Do You Like Me Now?" by: Toby Keith

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7924