Dead End by Gal1015
Summary: What happens when a nightmare is their only reality and their only hope is to keep on running only to find an infinity of nothing but dead end?






Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Action, Horror
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 10301 Read: 7617 Published: 07/20/06 Updated: 07/26/06

1. Chapter 1 by Gal1015

2. Chapter 2 by Gal1015

3. Chapter 3 by Gal1015

4. Chapter 4 by Gal1015

5. Chapter 5 by Gal1015

Chapter 1 by Gal1015
Author's Notes:
Hope everyone like it and reviews are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
"Oh fuck!" He cursed as he slammed his foot on the brake and spun the wheel to the opposite direction of the road. The wagon squealed and slid for about a hundred yards, then spun around before he frantically brought the wagon out of its spin.

He paused.

His hands were trembling, his nerves completely shattered as his eyes remained on the road. For once in his life, time seemed to freeze and for that precious few moment he seemed to have forgotten how to breathe. The first time had been frightfully terrifying with long intense silence filling the air, his grip on the wheel tightened.

"Jay? Jay? Are you alright there? AJ?" He heard a voice drifted in and out of his consciousness.

"Oh God! Get up! Can somebody please get up! Hey get up man!" Shouted someone screaming from behind.

"Hey watch it man! My leg! You are sitting on my leg damn it!" Groaned the other as he could hear more commotion coming from the back seat.

There was something on the road and he knew it. In fact he saw it and he was sure that Kevin had seen that thing barging towards them. Fearing that he might have knocked onto some stray animals escaping from any nearby farms, he was left with no choice but to step on the brake.

His breath was getting heavier as his mind began to function and the image of some dead animals lying in the middle of the road simply jerked him off of his daze.

"Yo bro! Are you alright?" This time round Kevin's voice got deeper into his sub-conscious mind.

"Yeah... I guess..." His voice faltered as he forced his saliva down his sudden sultry throat.

"What the hell was that about?" Nick asked sounding annoyed. To have someone sitting on his legs was annoying especially when he was at the last stage of finishing his game.

"I don't know... I... I thought I saw something..." AJ cleared his throat and turned to the others. "I... I really saw something..." Continued AJ seriously.

They knew how much AJ tried so hard to be funny all the time, and the fact that he tried so hard was the only funny thing about him.

"Yeah right bro! Indeed it was funny to wake me up in the middle of my dream!" Scoffed Howie as he tapped on AJ's shoulders.

"You think that's funny Jay? You almost killed us for God's sake!" Exclaimed Brian as he rubbed his bruised forehead.

"Look! I'm serious alright! I saw something and I saw that thing... that thing was running towards us!" Explained AJ and before he could explain further, the trio broke into laughters. A response he was accustomed to whenever he tried to be the joker in the group though he knew sometimes it simply doesn't make any sense. But this time it was different.

There was something on the road and he knew it. He saw it and he was sure that if Kevin had paid attention to the road, he would have seen it too.

"Look Jay... this is not funny alright. Need I remind you that you almost got all killed!" Said Kevin as he turned to AJ.

"Fuck! You think I would do that on purpose? I saw something and I'm serious alright! That thing... that fucking shit was running towards us... its... I don't know what the... what the fuck it was... but its huge... its damn huge guys!"

"Oh come on Jay! Its bullshit! Next you're gonna tell us that its in white with blood dripping down its white fangs, with fiery red eyes, barging straight at us right?" Howie said, reminding AJ of the strange nightmares that the tattooed guy had the night before. "I told you already, it's just a freaking nightmare dude."

"Look D! I'm telling you I'm fucking serious this time and I really saw that fucking shit running at us! It has nothing to do with my dreams-"

"Or maybe you are seeing-"

"Oh fuck you Nick! I'm not joking and stop saying that I'm seeing things cause I know what I saw alright!" AJ exclaimed, defending himself.

"This is so ridiculous guys! I think its better that we get the hell out of here!" Brian said as he tried to calm everyone down. "Jay?" Called Brian as he tapped on AJ's shoulders.

AJ was too furious to say a word. He was too angry to even start the car thinking how he hasn't had the chance to justify himself. Its definitely has nothing to do with his recurring nightmares or anything related to his wild imagination because he was sure he saw something and he knew they would have seen it too if only they had paid a little more attention on the road rather than sleep, playing games or chatting on the phone.

Without looking at them, AJ turned the key in the ignition, wanting to get out of the place as soon as possible. He thought of heading back to the main junction where they had made the detour earlier due to some road blocks but then again, he knew he couldn't afford to waste any more time so he dropped the idea and went ahead with the detour to reach home hoping that it wouldn't take them that long to reach his place.

At first, things started off smoothly with brief silence deluging the ten minutes journey. Everybody tended to their own worlds. Brian was seen pressing the obvious bump on his forehead gently with his palm. Howie who suffered a cut on his lips when he accidentally knocked onto Nick's head simply refused to go back to sleep and instead he kept looking out of his window. Nick, on the other hand didn't really care much about the slight bruises on his forehead as he veered his concentration to the game. Perhaps he's trying to ignore the fact that they were roaming around in the middle of the night in a secluded place where help seemed very much impossible. But what could he do? Talk to Kevin? Nah! That's even more impossible.

Even though AJ appeared to be calm as he navigated the steering wheel, Kevin couldn't help noticing the trembles on his hands. The blood was left dry and unattended on his upper left brow. It was funny seeing how frantic AJ could be sometimes especially when he tried to stand up for himself. He wanted very much to believe AJ but had his reservations when he recalled the prank AJ had played on them a week ago. AJ actually paid someone to play the role of a dead man with an axe lying around his bathroom and when they were on the verge of calling for help, AJ dropped down on his knees and started laughing all night thinking that it was amusing to see them panicked. He remembered hearing Brian swearing for the first time in his life because of the prank.

But this time it was different. Kevin wasn't sure why but his instinct told him so. Perhaps AJ sounded more convincing this time round without the need of any backup actor. Yeah, perhaps only.

Slowly Kevin leaned his head back to his seat, only to feel the pain in his chest each time he tried to move. He must have hit his chest against the board in front of him when AJ suddenly pressed on the brakes earlier on. Seeing how the others were panicking made him forgot about the pain and instead made sure that everyone was alright.

AJ caught a glimpse of Kevin's stares from the corner of his eyes. Just when he thought everything was nothing but merely a nightmare, it happened again. The car kept halting and gradually stopped in the middle of the road.

"What's wrong? What happen now? Why are we stopping? What?" Nick repeatedly asked as he leaned forward to look at the road.

"Oh great! Now what?" Asked Howie as he turned to the others.

"Not the fuel again I hope?" Chuckled Brian as he learned forward to look at AJ.

"Oh great! This is just great! The car refused to move and here we are... stuck in the middle of nowhere! How much more comforting can we get now?" Muttered Kevin in one long sentence as he unfastened his seat belt.

"So what are we going to do now?" AJ wished he had the answer to that. It couldn't be the engine since the car was only two weeks' old and it couldn't be the fuel since he has it refilled the first thing in the morning before he went to the studio.

"That's a very good question Nick!"

"Thank you D! So can somebody please tell me what are we going to do now?" Nick asked for the second time.

"Oh calm down will ya! I'm sure we'll think of something here!" Brian tried hard to remain calm despite the fact that Nick's squeaky voice irritated him as much as he tried to brush off the odd feelings that's been creeping inside him.

"Bri is right! Just calm down will ya! It could just be the engine or something." Said Kevin as he turned to Nick.

"What? This is bullshit you know that! This is full of crap! Didn't you check the engine just now?"

"Quiet Nick!" Uttered AJ as he clutched his fists.

"Quiet? We are stuck in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night and you expect me to be quiet?" Nick began to lose his cool.

"Oh calm down Nick!" Howie tried to be the peacemaker.

"Look Jay! You can have this sick joke of yours elsewhere and at any other time but not now. This is not funny alright... I would say that you start the car now and let's get the hell out of here!" Nick said.

"You think I make this fucking shit up? You think I purposely wanna stop the damn fucking car in the middle of nowhere? Is that what you're saying now Carter?" Shouted AJ from his seat.

"You should know the answer very well Mr. McLean! This could just be another sick joke of yours!" Nick shouted back.

"Hahaha! You think that's funny Carter? You think I am joking right now? You have no fucking idea what I saw just now so shut the hell up!" Yelled AJ waiting for a chance to prowl at Nick.

"Look, I don't give a fucking shit what you saw just now coz all I know is that this is your fault! If you didn't choose this road, I guess we would have been reached home safely-"

"So now you are telling me that its my fault? You are the one who agreed to use this road and you are the one who wants to get the hell out of the roadblocks and now you are putting the blame on me?"

"But you were the one who drive the damn fucking car Jay! Not me-"

"Alright... alright...-"

"Let go of my hands damn it!" AJ tried to break free from Kevin's strong grip but Kevin's grip was getting tighter as he tried to reach for Nick's neck.

"Alright! Shut up-"

"Let me go Bri-"

"Cut it out Nick! Jay! Stop it you two! I said stop it! Stop it!" Shouted Kevin as he pushed AJ back to his seat while Howie and Brian pulled Nick back to his seat to stop them from throwing the blames at each other. "We are in the middle of nowhere and instead of cracking your heads to find a way out of here and there you are fighting like small kids!" Continued Kevin as he let go of his grip.

"That's right! Fighting won't solve anything! We've got to sit and think of something!" Supported Howie.

"I can't believe that you guys wanna fight in a time like this and I can't believe this is happening... I'm not trying to blame anyone now, but we are lost in the middle of nowhere and how are we going to get help?" Brian's question invited an immense silent in the car. Nobody dare to answer that not after seeing how Nick and AJ got involved in a heated argument which almost lead to a big fight. They have seen how they both fought in the past and enough to say it had an ugly ending.

"Guys... are we really going to sit in here and wait?" Asked Howie.

"I'll go out and check on the engines." Said AJ softly as he stepped out followed by Kevin.

The moment AJ and Kevin left the three of them in the car, Brian took the opportunity to talk to Nick.

"You alright there bro?" Brian asked as he turned to the young boy sitting next to him.

"Yeah... I'm fine..." Brian tried to believe that but seeing his hands shaking and his lips trembling made him to believe otherwise. "I... I just wanna go home you know... I mean, this is just so stupid! We shouldn't even be here in the first place!" Nick continued as he covered his face.

"I know. We all do wanna go home Nick but now the thing is that... we have to go through this first before we can do anything else. Remember when we both got lost in the woods while shooting for that Backstreet's Back video... yeah we got lost for like what? 6 hours before they finally found us... and man! That was like... only the two of us and yeah, I know we wouldn't get that far from the scene if you had not been too choosy to release your crap!"

"Oh! So that is the reason why the two of you went missing that time? Finally, the truth is out!" Exclaimed Howie as he gave a loud pat on Brian's shoulders. "And we were like thinking if the aliens could have abducted you and we were so freaky worried about the two of you at that time and the reason, Nick wanna release his crap! It's a great one to add on to our blog!" Laughed Howie as he shook his head.

"Yeah I remember that! We were so scared that we practically hide behind the big trees but keep singing the verse over and over again until we fall asleep and next all I know, I saw Kevin's face smirking at me." Giggled Nick as he turned to Kevin and AJ who were busy checking on the engines.

"Even though only the two of us were missing at that time, we managed to survive amazingly... so now, there're five of us so I'm sure things weren't be that bad afterall... we can do this Nick, you can do this... at least for me... please?" Pleaded Brian softly as he placed his arms around Nick's shoulders, giving him the best assurance he could offer. Its been awhile since the last time he did that and he's glad that in a way its giving him a chance to be a brother once again.

"Man... I'm sorry... I was just... I was just pissed off with that guy... I mean, its just so difficult to trust him after that stupid and sickening joke he played on us the other time remember? I just hope this is one of it so that we can get over it once and for all and then we can all go home." Brian and Howie remembered that fateful incident very clearly in their minds and just like Nick, they too found it way too much for them to handle such a sickening joke. Seeing a dead man is totally not funny at all!

"But do you think he is serious this time? I mean... just look at him... could he be serious this time?" Brian and Nick left Howie's question hanging in the mist as they watched AJ from afar.

"This is fuck up! Everything is just fuck up! I just bought it barely two weeks ago and you can see it for yourself! This is the first time I'm having problems with my car and out of all the time, it has to happen right now!" Exclaimed AJ in disbelief when thick smoke began to fill up the air. He knew something has to be done fast so he reached for his cellphone from his pocket.

"I think we are screwed up now!" Said Kevin as he put both his hands behind his head and looked up in the dark sky. He knew it was not the right time to admire the glittering of stars in the bare chest of the dark sky but that night seemed to be more beautiful than any other nights.

"Oh fuck!" Kevin looked back at AJ who was busy pressing down the numbers on the keypad.

"What's wrong?" Asked Kevin and this time round Brian, Howie and Nick had already stepped out of the car. Brian and Howie walked up to them while Nick preferred to stay where he was and leaned his back against the car as he slid both his hands inside his baggy sweater.

"I don't know! Its just not working!"

"Low batt?"

"I don't think so D! I had it charged the entire day, no way the batt is low!" Protested AJ as he kept pressing for the numbers.

"Here, use mine!" Kevin said as he handed his cellphone over to AJ. Howie walked on and checked on the engine. Just as expected, the smoke proved him right, right from the beginning.

"What the fuck-"

"What?"

"Its not working dude! There's no network, what the hell is going on man!" Blasted AJ as he kicked the tyres. "What do mean there's no network? I just spoke to Kristin a while ago! You must be kidding me!" AJ handed the cellphone back to Kevin and Kevin snatched it hoping that it was a joke from AJ. When he took it back and tried to redial the last number he dialled earlier on, he couldn't believe his eyes. There was exactly no bars indicating the network.

Upon seeing this, Howie and Brian quickly took out their cellphones from their pockets and tried to dial a number but just like the others it ended with a dead line.

"Oh my God! This is so not happening to me... I can't believe this! Can somebody please tell me what the hell is going on here?" Asked Brian in a half sobbing voice.

"We are screwed man! We are damn screwed now!" Clamoured Howie as he shook his head in disbelief. It seemed like their only hope had been jeopardised. Seeing how frantic the others were at that time forced Nick to walk up to them.

"Guys? What's wrong? Kev?" No answer came from Kevin as he looked down. "D? Jay? Oh come on guys! Tell me what the hell is going on now! Bri?" Brian remained speechless. He wasn't sure what to say to Nick, afterall he had assured Nick that everything will be fine but now... could he still say the same thing to him even though he knew the chances of them surviving is very slim.

"We have a slight problem here kiddo. The engine is full of smoke and we-"

"That's the problem? Man! You're scaring me for nothing! So have you called for the mechanic guy?" Nick asked.

"That is the problem Nick! There's no telephone network here... we've tried to make phone calls but-" Before Kevin could finish his sentence, Nick ran back to the car and searched for his cellphone. He dialled every number he had on the contact list but none of his attempt was successful.

"Now it is very scary..." Cried Nick as he looked up at Kevin and then to Howie. "This is nuts! How the hell are we going to get out of this place?"

"We'll find a way out Nick, somehow." Assured Brian as he placed his hand on Nick's shoulders.

"A way out? Can we really find it Bri?" Nick chuckled as he shook his head.

There was a brief silence and Nick hated it with a passion. It gave his wild imagination to go on overdrive. The thought of seeing things flying around in the woods brought him back to the nightmare which AJ used to share with him. It happened somewhere in the woods and how they were stuck in there like forever while waiting for help. Then strange things began to happen which resulted in them running for their lives from being eaten up by some kind of ferocious monsters living in the woods. Tame your thoughts Nick, he thought as he swallowed his saliva.

"I'll go and get help." AJ's suggestion broke the silence. Surprisingly, he didn't know where did that come from but he knew he had to do something for the group and so far, that was the best solution he could think of.

"Are you nuts? Where you're gonna find help? There's nothing here but road Jay, and lets not forget that it's dark and heck! There's not even a single soul around here!" Protested Howie.

"D is right! I didn't even see a single house ever since we got onto this road and where do you want to get the help from?" Supported Brian.

"They're right Jay, don't be stupid! This is not the time to act hero!"

"Then what do you want to do Kev? Sit here and wait? Look... this is not about being a hero, you guys are totally missing the point!"

"The point is you're about to do something good but not rational at all." Snapped Brian.

"Furthermore there is no telephone booth or any gas station around here... there's no way you can get any help out there! I think its better that we stick together and think of something else-"

"For how long Kev? And that's provided that you can think of something better or else, I'll stick to my idea. This is the best that I can think of so far and I am going to take my chances-"

"But its too risky Jay!"

"But at least I am taking my chances D. Its better than just to sit here and wait. There can always be hope out there." AJ said before he turned to Nick.

Nick was shivering but AJ couldn't figure out if that was due to the cold night or simply because he was too scared. He was scared too but he had to grip on to the only hope for a miracle. Weird but he really hoped for one.

"You sure you wanna do this Jay?" Nick felt stupid to ask especially when AJ has made up his mind. He moved aside when AJ swung the door open to search for the flashlight.

"Yes dude and I think it's the best that I can think of so far." Replied AJ without looking at Nick.

"Then what about us? You are leaving us all here?"

"You don't have to worry about that bro... you still have the others here with you-"

"But this is insane and you know that!"

"Too bad... I'm already mad enough to do this. Look Nick...I'm going to get help alright, and nothing will happen to you-"

"Its not me but you-"

"Alright then, nothing will happen to me. Satisfied now?" Nick smirked as AJ tapped on his shoulders.

"Wait Jay! I'll go with you-"

"Kevin, listen-"

"No, you listen to me damn it, I'm going with you and that's my decision-"

"But-"

"No more buts Jay! What the fuck makes you think that I'll let you go and wander out there alone. If I have my way, I'll get all of us go together but I think somehow its better that some of us stay here just in case if... there's a car or any vehicle coming up, then at least we can get help." Persuaded Kevin seeing how determined Brian and Howie were at that time to accompany AJ for his short adventure of trying to get help.

"I think its better that I go with you guys."

"Yeah me too! You can't leave us here, not here!" Exclaimed Brian from behind.

"Oh come on guys-"

"You said it yourself Kev, its always better to stick together and there's no way you can ditch us like this. We're going no matter what you say." Said Howie as Brian nodded in agreement.

"Nick?" Called Kevin.

"What? Hell no! I am going to stay put here and wait for you guys! I am not going anywhere."

"Fine. Then you stay here alone and wait for us. We are all going to get help." Said AJ as he raised his eyebrows.

"What? You think I'm scared?" Jested Nick as he smirk.

"I know you are one brave young man so make sure you don't leave the car. But if you're in trouble, just shout for us. We will come back for you." Said Brian.

"Provided you can still hear me." Nick replied.

"Oh yes! I think you will need this. You know just in case... if anything comes up and try to grab you, at least you have this to protect yourself. I mean, you can hardly see things from the woods you know what I'm saying dude... but I'm sure you will be alright."

"Thanks D, its really comforting! Anything else?" Nick asked sarcastically as he turned to Kevin and AJ.

"Nothing except that... we might take long so... keep the doors locked and don't unwind the windows. Just remain silent alright." Advised Kevin.

"Great! With so much concern from you guys I think on second thought... maybe I should come along... you know two heads are better than one and five heads are definitely better than four."

"I see... change your mind so soon Carter?" Asked AJ sarcastically.

"Well... this has got nothing to do with me being scared to be here alone... but you know... at least I can be of any help along the way." Nick said innocently. His eyes flickered from one face to another as he considered his decision.

"Yeah right! I can see that!" Chuckled Howie as he exchanged glances with Brian and then back to AJ while Kevin simply shook his head with a smile. At least he has a reason to smile now knowing that he will not leave any one of them out of his sight especially in such circumstances.
Chapter 2 by Gal1015
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Carter for spending some time to read my stories and here is Chapter 2 for everyone. Hope you like it and yes, reviews are always highly appreciated. Thanks!
It wasn't long before the five of them found themselves lost in the midst of darkness. Strange. Just like in a horror movie, the sudden drop in temperature was a torment. It was like being trapped naked in a glass room filled with ice. The walls reverberated with fears that the more they tried to break free from the grip, the more they felt suffocated in it.

Wished they had not made that decision but what other choice do they have. Stay and wait for help that might never come or leave to find a way out with the possibility of danger still awaiting ahead for them with open arms. Either way, they will have to bear all the consequences and sad enough to say, none seemed to be in their favour.

"Guys... say something will ya?" Asked Nick as he hated the prolonged silence.

"Like what Nick?" Howie asked in his tired voice.

"Anything dude! Just anything!" Nick replied impatiently.

"Alright, alright! I've got one now. How about this... I wanna sex you up... I want to sex you up... all night girl you make me feel good... I want to sex you up" Sang AJ followed by a group laugh.

"Corny you!" Brian giggled as he shook his head.

"Well... at least I said something or maybe Brian... you wanna do some striptease here?" Teased AJ he turned to Brian.

"Hell no! Count me out for the Full Monty!" Laughed Brian.

"Wanna do it D?" Asked AJ as he walked up to Howie.

"What?"

"You know the Full Monty thingy! Wanna do it? Oh come on D! There's nobody on this road!" Laughed AJ.

"You're nuts!" Screeched Howie as he pretended to run away from AJ.

"Kevin-"

"No! Come any closer and you're gonna see a flying flashlight dude!" Threatened Kevin as he showed his flashlight.

"Nick?"

"No way! I can't believe it... you can still think about sex in this kind of situation... man! Where have you been?" Teased Nick.

"Well... nothing its not a surprise especially when it comes from him!" Said Kevin from behind.

"Funny!" AJ ignored the teases and the laughter. He was flashing his lights across the road when suddenly he stopped and shone his lights deep into the woods. In a split second, a picture of the same wild thing that attacked them earlier on came into his mind. His hands were trembling and his legs were shaking so hard that he couldn't even bring himself to move a step forward. He wanted to scream but something was holding on to his voice. The sudden thud of his flashlight on the ground alerted the others especially Kevin who was walking in front of him.

"Dude! Hey man! What's wrong?" Asked Kevin when he saw pieces of the broken flashlight scattered on the ground.

"I... I.. fine. I'm fine." AJ said as he cleared his throat.

"Yeah right! You almost scared me to death you know that!" groaned Nick from behind. The loud thud startled him, almost making his heart to skip a beat.

"What's wrong with you man? You look awful! You look as if you've seen a gho-" Brian elbowed Howie even before he could finish his sentence.

"Don't you have anything better to say D? If you don't then shut the hell up. No G word late at night, that's a rule." A pang of sarcasm from Brian as he gave Howie one kind of a look before he turned to AJ. "You alright there bro? Want this?" Brian offered a bottle of plain water which he brought along with him since the moment they decided to join AJ in exploring the dark and empty road.

AJ shook his head as he carved a weak smile giving assurance to Brian that everything will be fine. Brian took his signal well and walked up to Howie while Nick decided to stick with Kevin.

"You sure you're alright?" Kevin asked in a half whispering mannered.

"I'm alright... I'm fine..." AJ said as he let out a heavy sigh before he turned to Kevin. He wished he could confide in Kevin knowing that Kevin would believe him this time but what is he supposed to say? That he saw something in the woods. That would only make the whole thing even more complicated.

"You know what Kev... I don't feel too good about this" the whole thing just sucks you know that! We shouldn't even be here right now." Nick whispered.

"Oh come on dude! We've been going through this just now and don't get it started coz I totally have no more energy to argue with you." Continued Kevin as he steadied his steps.

Nick stopped himself from saying further. Its not that he wanted to whine but that was the only way for him to release the tension building up inside. If given a choice, he would rather scream than to keep his mouth shut. At least the whole place would not be too creepy in the deadly silence.

"Come on Nick! I'm sure everything will be fine... we will find the way out." Assured Kevin.

"I am so waiting for that Kev!" Chuckled Nick as he smirk.

"You think Jay has seen a ghost just now?" Asked Howie nervously as he shone the lights down to the ground.

"Why do you keep asking me the same thing D? I said I don't know... you heard it yourself he said he's alright, he's fine! He didn't mention anything about ghost, now stop talking about it will ya!" Said Brian sharply.

"You know what Bri... old folks used to say that woods are among the best places where evil spirits are found roaming around searching for their victims... and these evil spirits are so evil that they could kill anyone in the most meanest and horrifying ways." Whispered Howie.

"Really? Now look... I am not trying to be rude here but if that was supposed to comfort me then all I have to say is that... its not working bro!"

"Well... I'm just trying-"

"No! Next time... don't even try alright...just... just keep it to yourself will do." Said Brian as he faked a smile at Howie before he turned away and shook his head lightly. Who would have thought that they would land themselves in such a pathetic state. To walk endlessly in a road for more than an hour was no longer an impossible task for them, where deaths could just be anywhere around the corner. Brian was not hoping for death but judging from the way he looked at things, they couldn't possibly run away from it. Nobody does anyway, he thought.

"We are not going to die in here right?" Nick asked out of the blue. His voice was not shaking but they could sense fears in it.

"What the fuck are you talking about now Nick? Of course we will get out of this fucking place in one piece alright... we will be safe." AJ said.

"That's right Nick! We will definitely find the way out! We are doing great so far by sticking together and I don't see why we can't do that now." Supported Brian.

"Well... glad to hear that... but...if... if anything should happen to me, at least I'm happy that we are together as a group."

"Wait a second! Are you happy that we are here as a group or are you happy that you will die with us as a group? Clarify that please Carter?" Asked Howie.

"Well... I'll take the second option then." Howie gave him a stare while AJ grinned at him. "Fine! I was just kidding alright! Man! If we can't make it by tomorrow... I wonder what the headlines would be like... 'After 3 years of hiatus, The Backstreet Boys went mysteriously missing after recording their new album' how about that?" Nick giggled thinking how funny the media could be sometimes.

"Or maybe...'Missing Again' after 3 years of hiatus, the boys went M.I.A and can you imagine the thousands of calls they will get to confirm this statement. Wow! A phenomenon! Johnny is so gonna love the crowd!" Joked Howie.

"Yeah right guys! What a way to make a comeback!" Said Brian as he kicked a few small pebbles off the side road.

"Or how about this... 'Backstreet Boys were found dead in the middle of the road of nowhere?." Nick stopped giggling. Howie stopped laughing and Brian stopped smiling as they turned and gave AJ an icy stares. Realising that he had made such a blunt joke, AJ simply entertained himself by whistling and walked a few steps away from the trio.

"Or maybe... 'Boys escaped possible death, saved by a kind driver.'" Interrupted Kevin as he pointed to the approaching lights.

"Oh my God! Oh my God! We are saved! We are finally saved!" Cried Brian as he gave a loud laugh with tears flooding his eyes.

"Yes! We are saved! We are saved! We are saved dude!" Cried Nick with joys as he kissed AJ on his forehead.

"Fuck you! Do that again and I'm gonna slaughter you man!" Moaned AJ as he cleaned his forehead. Nick was about to grab Howie when Howie threatened to swing his flashlight at Nick's direction. Brian was too overjoyed that he was speechless. All he did was hug his best friend and later followed by a group hug.

"I can't believe this! We are finally saved man!" Cried Nick as they waited anxiously for the car to come by their way.

"The only trick is that... never give up easily." Said Kevin as he smiled at them.

"Looks like I'm gonna have a long warm shower after this!" Said Howie in anxiety.

"And I'm gonna have a long, long rest after this... been such a long, long day for me." Said Brian as he smiled out to them.

Their celebrations somehow was short-lived, when they realised that the car or whatsoever the vehicle was has stopped moving followed by a loud and continuous horn from afar.

"Oh what now?" Uttered Kevin as he decided to run up to the said vehicle.

"Oh fuck!" Groaned AJ.

"Oh shit!" Said Nick as he was right behind AJ.

"Oh great!" Moaned Brian followed by Howie.

"Oh crap!" Muttered Howie. "Guys! Wait up!"
Chapter 3 by Gal1015
Author's Notes:
Thanks for your kind reviews for the last 2 chappies, here's another one for you.
Its difficult to believe what they had seen. Its even more difficult to believe that their only hope of getting out of there was gone.

“Oh fuck… who the fuck did this man!” Groaned AJ when Kevin pulled the man back to his seat. His face was badly distorted as if something with sharp claws has scratched his face that even some of the flesh were exposed to the air. His eyeballs were almost popping out of its place. Whoever and whatever did it was not any ordinary man or animals. Its a ferocious one coming out of this world, they thought.

“Geez… what happened to his face? Oh my God! Oh my God!” Exclaimed Brian as he tried to calm himself down.

“Man! He reminds me of that movie we watched last night!” Said Nick when he saw the face for the first time.

“What? You mean Event Horizon?” Asked AJ.

“Yeah! That’s the one! That’s the one! But geez! He looks so damn horrible! Just like the masked potatoes-”

“I think I’m gonna-” Howie ran to the other side of the jeep to throw up when he saw the ugly sight of the man.

“Right! Now enough of your joke Nick… come and give me a hand!” Called Kevin as he opened up the door to unfasten the seat belt and checked the man’s pulse. No pulse and no heart beat. Confirmed the man was dead and perhaps he was already dead when they saw him coming. But what about the scratches on his face? When did that happen? How did that happen?

The mystery still remained.

“This is insane! This is too much for me!” Cried Howie as he rubbed the tears away from his eyes.

“Look D… Kevy said everything is going to be okay and everything will be okay alright…” Consoled Nick as he refused to lend a helping hand and instead he went up to Howie. He was about to walk back to the others when he saw a box lying next to the tyres.

“Nick? What are you doing?” Howie asked.

“Sssshhh… look… there’s a box here!” Nick said as he tried to move the box away.

“What is it?”

“I don’t know! Chocolates perhaps?” Nick faked a smile.

“Funny!” Nick was about to open the box when something unexpected happened to the dead man.

“Argh!!!!!” Screamed AJ and Brian in unison when the dead an grabbed AJ’s hands.

“The box! Don’t let it have the box! Please! Help me… its going to get me… please… help me… help me…” Pleaded the man. AJ retaliated from the grip but to no avail. The man’s grip was so tight that AJ had to scream for help. Nick and Howie helped to pull him back while Brian tried to release the grip.

“Let him go! Let him go damn it!” Shouted Kevin as he pulled the man away from AJ.

“Please help me… help me… its coming… its coming to get you…” Said the man as he tried to warn the man who was trembling right in front of him. His eyes darted straight at AJ as his index finger slowly pointed out at his direction before his head fell back and died. AJ gave a strong pull to release his hand from the dead man’s grip and then in full of confusion, he leaned his back against the jeep.

Kevin and Brian were breathing hard while Howie and Nick were still in shock.

“Look Jay… whatever he said… its a crap alright… its rubbish… its bullshit-”

“No Kev! I told ya… I saw that fucking thing alright and that fucking shit is coming now… there’s no way I can escape from it… there’s no way I can escape from it now… no way-”

“Jay! Jay! Listen to me… nothing will happen to you alright… no fucking thing can harm you while I’m still here… now I need you to do this with me… you can’t give up, not now… we still have to go through this and I’m sure we will make it…”

“But you saw it-”

“I saw that man dead but not you. We will leave this place safe and sound alright!” Assured Kevin as he placed his hands on AJ’s shoulder and gave him a nod. AJ wished he had the courage to absorb that but something inside him was telling otherwise. Looking at the dead man reminded him of his future fate. Death.

“Guys… that man was talking about a box right? Is this the one?” Nick asked in heavy breath as he showed a box covered with sand.

“Where did you get that from?” Kevin asked.

“Over there… right next to the tyres.”

“What’s inside?” Brian asked.

“Chocolates perhaps?” The others gave Nick a cold stare. “Fine! I was just kidding… I’ll see what’s inside…” Nick opened the box and found nothing but stones. Stones engraved with some Egyptian transcripts.

“Stones?” AJ asked.

“Not just ordinary stones but see… there are some words on it but I don’t understand it… perhaps some transcript or something?” Nick said as he checked the stones.

“Rrrrsssshhhh…”

“Eerrr… guys… guys… did you guys hear that?” Asked Howie as he held his flashlight close to his chest. Nick quickly closed the box and held it tight.

“Get in the jeep.” Said Kevin as he pushed the dead man’s leg away from the tyres.

As instructed they rushed their way into the jeep. Brian, Nick and Howie took the back seats while this time round, it was Kevin behind the wheels instead of AJ. Kevin was about to start the car when he realised that the key was not there.

“What do you mean the keys are not there?” Asked Brian desperately wanting to get out of the creeping place.

“I don’t know but the damn keys are not here!” Cried Kevin as he searched his seat while AJ searched his place and the floor.

“Guys… tell me… tell me its not the key there…” Uttered Nick as his eyes darted straight at the glittering object lying on the road, a distance away from the jeep.

“Where??” Howie asked.

Nick pointed out the object to them.

“Shit!” Groaned Kevin as he slapped the wheel.

“Oh fuck!” Cried AJ as he couldn’t believe their luck.

“Oh God!” Moaned Brian from behind.

“Can somebody please tell me what are we going to do now?” Asked Howie as he winded up the window.

“We need the key!” Exclaimed Kevin.

“Fuck man! I’ll go and get it.” Said AJ.

“No. You stay in the car-”

“No! I’ll-”

“Guys! We have no time to argue… can you please hurry up!” Snapped someone from behind.

“Don’t argue with me Jay! You stay in the car and I’ll go.”

“No, no… you stay here and I’lll go… if anything happens… leave me alright-”

“What the fuck you talking about now? You will be fine alright.”

“I hope so Kev.” AJ unfastened his seat belt and was about to open his door when he saw a glimpse of a big shadow reflected from behind. He quickly shut his door and peered from the rear glass.

“Oh guys… do something!” Said Nick.

“We have no other choice!” Said Kevin as he pulled the board down to look for the right wires and ignited them to start the car. There’s no way he will let AJ endangered his life for the stupid key, he thought. While he was trying to start the car, they heard a loud shrieking voice coming from behind followed by a big thud on the top of the jeep. It was so heavy that a dent formed on the top of the jeep.

“Whatever you want to do Kev… do it fast… we have no much time left…” Moaned Howie.

“Hurry up Kev! Hurry up!” Chanted Brian as he kept tapping the Kevin’s seat.

“Don’t rush me!”

“Quick Kev! Hurry up! Its right on top of us now! Hurry up!” Urged Nick.

“Oh God! We’re gonna die! We’re gonna die!” Screamed Howie when the jeep started to shake hard.

“Shut up D! Shut the fuck up!” Shouted AJ as he held on to his seat.

“Kevy! I think if you want to start the car, its best to start it now!” Shouted Brian from behind.

“Now Kevy! Now!” Supported Nick.

“I’m doing it alright! I’m doing it! Oh come on… don’t do this to me… get it… get it…” Uttered Kevin to himself as he searched for the right wires before he tied them up to start the car.

“Kevin!!!!!!!!!!” Screeched Howie.

“Yes! Hold on tight guys!” Exclaimed Kevin the moment the managed to start the car in the nick of time. He pressed on the accelerator and was about to zoom through the dark night when they saw a huge monstrous look-alike standing in the middle of the road.

“Press on it Kevin! For God’s sake press on it!” Cried Nick.

“We will kill it!” Protested Brian.

“Either we kill it or it will kill us all.” Cried Nick. “Press on it Kevin! Press on it!” Shouted Nick hysterically.

“Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Bang!
Chapter 4 by Gal1015
Author's Notes:
One more chappy is up and the final one is coming up soon. Hope you like it and reviews are highly appreciated! thanks...
It happened in a split second and within those precious moments in their lives whilst battling for their lives, AJ managed to catch a glimpse of the ferocious thing that stood in the middle of the road. He wasn’t sure if it was a man or a monster. It was too huge to be called a man and too ugly that nothing in this world could ever describe it. For the first time, their eyes met and AJ could sense a connection. A very close connection and before he could make any recognition, the jeep crashed onto the nearby tree. Kevin lost control of the wheel when he tried to avoid from the collision with AJ’s car, which was previously left right in the middle of the road.

Jeepers creepers came to everyone’s mind but its too late. They were not in any movie sets, its real and its happening to them right there and then.

“Kevin… ouch… guys…” Silence. “Bri… anyone there… D? Oh… Nick… Nick are you there?” AJ called out their names in his sub-conscious mind as he tried to force himself up but something was hanging or rather trapping his legs in between that he could hardly move at all except for his head and his eyes.

AJ lifted up his head lightly only to let his tears flowed down his bloody cheeks as he watched how the brutality occurred right before his eyes. Kevin was maliciously dragged out of the car by the hair. His face was coloured with blood and his shirt was no longer in one piece. The perfect body which was once being admired by millions of their fans has been exposed and soon will become a sumptuous meal for the monster.

AJ groaned and pleaded with his unheard voice to spare all his friends. The first picture that came to his mind when he saw Kevin being dragged out was Kristin. God knows how she would react especially now she’s expecting their first baby? What will she tell her child? That her father was brutally killed by an evil monster? He could still remember that smile on Kevin’s face when he came in to the recording studio and how proud he was telling everyone about him being a father.

Next, he saw Brian being the next victim to be dragged out of the car. His innocent face was no longer recognisable. It was tarred with blood and he could see Brian suffered a bad cut due to the crash. He wished he could hear Brian�s voice once again. The voice that captured the heart of his wife and sang the sweet lullaby for his son, and it was the same voice that captured the hearts of many of their fans out there. The voice that will soon be forgotten. He wasn’t sure where its bringing Brian’s body but no doubt that he will also suffer the same fate as Kevin.

“No…please no… wake up bro… wake up…” Uttered AJ softly when it came back for the third body. Nick.

The same cheerful and lively boy was no longer in his usual self. He was quiet and soulless and AJ hated it. Nick was dead and he died right before his very eyes. His blonde hair, his white skin were smeared with blood. It torn his heart as much as he believed would kill thousands more out there if they should ever get to see the state Nick was in at that moment. . Its been a very long time since he saw that face smiling and laughing again after those problems never seems to fail to fall on the poor boy. Just as he thought Nick has found the love of his life with Paris, it ended up with Nick feeling more devastated than before. Nick has never made any confession but he did cry all alone in the silent and even though his heart was totally disfigured, he never blamed Paris for that. That was something that I really liked about Nick. So far he has never put the blame on the girls who cheated on him or making him looked like a fool except that sometimes, his kind has been misinterpreted. Now Nick is gone and his memories will remained in the hearts of many. AJ shut his eyes as he bid the last goodbye to his little brother.

“D… D… answer me D… D…” Cried AJ softly as he tried to pull his legs away but to no avail. He has tried calling out Howie’s name but there was no answer. It was hard and painful moments for AJ but he knew by then what has happened to Howie. AJ laid his head down waiting for his turn to be dragged out. He heard the footsteps getting closer and as he shut his eyes, he felt something warm dripped onto his cheeks and forehead. It was Howie’s blood and when the body was dragged out, AJ could hear the snapping sounds of the bones coming from the back seat. “I’m sorry D… I’m sorry…” He cried as he shook his head. He remembered of never seeing Howie been so much happier, not before he found LeighB. The girl of his dream. They had planned to get married by the end of the year and AJ had volunteered himself to be his best man but now… everything has shattered into pieces.

The smell of the blood caused a tidal wave of nausea in his stomach. Apart from the strong stench of blood, there was another foul smell that attacked his nostrils. Could it be the decaying body? Impossible since the bodies were only a few minutes or perhaps a few hours dead. What smell could it be? AJ brushed off the smell away from his mind as he waited for his death.

“Heck!” Chided AJ upon the thought of death itself. The time has come and he has nothing to fear. Afterall he was already dead the moment when his friends were viciously killed. AJ clutched his fists and felt a metallic object around his finger. The ring. A present from Sarah as a token of their love. He didn’t mean to be unfaithful. Sarah was the woman of his dream and he admitted that he does take her presence for granted. He remembered of lying to Sarah that he has forgotten about her, their love and most importantly he has gotten rid of their love token out of his window the day when he slept with another girl. He knew how anguish and drastic it was for Sarah, not after what she has done for him. He loved her and wanted the best for her and he knew, he wasn’t the best one and in order to get her to carry on with her life, he has decided he has to make that decision. Oh! He missed her already.

“Cccrrrrrpppp…”

The footsteps broke into his daze. Its only seconds that were separating them apart and its getting closer to him. “Eat me you evil monster! You son of a bitch! You son of a bitch! Get me! Get me!” Cursed AJ when he saw that thing was staring down at him. There was something in his hands. Its the stones. It was the same one that Nick had showed it to them earlier on. They were supposed to keep and protect the box but looks like they have failed the mission.

Slowly AJ gulped down his saliva and knew his time to see the world has come to an end. Goodbye to the wonderful world out there, goodbye my love, goodbye mom… knowing that there was no way he could get himself out of there alive. AJ shut his eyes and that was the last time he felt himself breathing in a gruesome dead end…
Chapter 5 by Gal1015
Author's Notes:
Finally this is my final chapter and hope you like it so far. Your reviews/comments are highly appreciated and it means a lot to me to improve in my future writing... thanks a lot for those who spare their time reading this story especially those who took the time to review it.
“AJ…” AJ heard his name being called out. Not once but several times followed by a few shakes on his body. “AJ… AJ…”

“Just drag me! Just kill me you son of a bitch!” Cried AJ as he was all prepared to meet his death.

“Oh yes I will if you don’t get your ass up!” The voice. It was so familiar. AJ opened up his eyes and saw a figure standing in front of him. He rubbed both his eyes just to make sure that he wasn’t seeing things.

“Kev? What… what happened to your face?” Asked AJ leaving that confusion look on Kevin’s face.

“My face? What’s wrong with me face?”

“Huh? I… I thought you… you were… you were… dead-”

“Oh really? Let me see… in your dream… again? How many times do I have to tell you to stop watching whose stupid horror movies and see what you get! We are done for the night so are you coming with us or what?” Asked Kevin as he raised his eyebrows.

“Really… I’m not kidding you… you were dead… Brian was dead… Nick… Howie… all of you were dead… and that thing… that fucking thing was trying to get me when you woke me up. I mean… you should have seen the face… its so damn ugly… its so horrible… and then the claws, the claws were scratching the your body and… man! I even heard Howie’s bones snapped into pieces!” Explained AJ as he strained his mind to remember every details of his nightmare.

“Enough fun?”

“But Kev! I’m dead serious alright! Its really happening-”

“Fine! If that is the case… then why are we still here? And what the hell am I doing here, standing right in front of you? Can you explain that?”

“I don’t know… its… its just so real…”

“See my point! You are one confusing guy now Jay and guess what? I don’t have all night for you man, I wanna get home and sleep. Now… can you please get your ass out here so that I can lock the door?” AJ sighed. As expected, that would be the usual response from Kevin and worst if he should share that dream with the others. He would be the laughing stock.

“Fine! I knew it! You won’t believe me anyway!” Muttered AJ as he passed by Kevin to walk up to the elevator.

“Too much tv for this kid…” Uttered Kevin as he shook his head and locked the door.

“Man! What took you guys so long? I’m damn hungry!” Shouted Nick the moment he saw AJ and Kevin walked out of the elevator.

“Oh thank God you’re here! I guess a minute longer and you can see Nick chewing on those plants!” Joked Howie as he adjusted his cap.

“What took you guys so long?” Asked Brian in concern when he noticed how pale AJ was at that time.

“Well… our dear friend here has a dream.” Replied Kevin as he gave AJ a pat on his shoulders as he passed by Brian and Nick to walk up to the reception counter to hand over the keys to the security guard on duty.

“Dream? Again?” Asked Brian as he turned to AJ.

“Yeah… just some stupid dream I guess…” Said AJ as he chuckled the question away. Just as he was about to walk away, something caught his nostril. “Wait… did you guys smell something?” AJ asked as his eyes were lurking around the area as if he was expecting something to form behind the pillars.

“What?”

“Did you smell that? Gosh! It smells like some dead rat-”

“Or dead corpse to me!” Supported Howie as he fanned his nose. Even Brian was controlling themselves from vomiting due to the foul smell.

“I told ya… its not just a dream… its… its-”

“Oops! Sorry guys! I… I couldn’t stand it… you know empty stomach tends to make me let go a few airs…” Giggled Nick innocently.

“See Jay… I think Kevin is right. You are watching too much tv now.” Said Howie as he tapped on AJ�s shoulder before he walked up to Nick and gave him tight slap on the arms.

“Ouch!” Groaned Nick.

“You deserve it!” Said Howie as he walked away.

“Oh Gosh! What the hell is that smell?” Asked Kevin when returned as he fanned his nose.

“I think we really need to get going now coz if Nick stays here a second longer, he’s gonna blow the whole building up with his air!” Chuckled Brian as he gave a sardonic smile at Nick. Nick reciprocated it with a fake innocent smile.

“Man! How long have you been keeping it man?” Moaned AJ as he walked away too.

“What? Its not a crime isn’t it?” Nick asked as he raised his left eyebrow. AJ simply shook his head and walked behind the others. “So where we going?”

“Hey! I have an idea! Jay, how about going over to your place? I mean, it’s the closest from here isn’t it? At least we can all save on the time to wait for everybody tomorrow if we can get here on time from his place.” Suggested Howie.

“I’m on it!” Said Nick as he took out his Nintendo from the pocket.

“Me too!” Said Brian as he took out his cellphone.

“I think its a great idea D! So… maybe we can try on Jay’s new wagon huh? Jay? Hey! Are you listening?” Kevin asked when AJ wasn’t paying much attention to their conversation instead, his mind was focusing on the Nintendo, the cellphone and his new wagon. The signs were there and he knew it. Believe it or not, he will not take the risk. Not in a real life situation.

“Hey… I have a slight change of plan. How about taking on Kevin’s car… I just remembered that I have problems with the engines this morning… and maybe we can stop by at Nick’s place for the night… its been quite sometime since we last visited his place isn’t it?” Suggested AJ anxiously.

“Oh! Well… I really want to try your new wagon but on second thought I don’t wanna get stuck in the middle of nowhere when your wagon breaks down later.” Teased Howie. AJ appreciated that thought from Howie.

“Great then! Everything settled?” AJ, Howie and Brian nodded their heads while Nick gave a thumb up. “Alright then, wait here while I go and get my car!” Within minutes, Kevin was gone in the dark as he made his way to the parking lot to get his car leaving the foursome waiting at the lobby. AJ realised that it was almost the same situation as the one in his dream except that this time round it was Kevin who went over to get the car instead of him.

“Fear of dejavu I see…” AJ heard a voice whispering deep inside his ears.

“I have nothing to lose to save my friends…” Uttered AJ.

“If I don’t get you now… I’ll still get you sooner or later…”

“We’ll see…” Said AJ as he smirked.

“Jay? Eeer… you’re talking to me?” Nick asked with that puzzling look on his face.

“Nah… just talking to myself.” AJ smiled in satisfaction. He has foiled the plan again. For how much longer can he run away from the nightmare… no one knows. Not even himself.

“You sure you’re alright bro?” Asked Howie.

“Yeah… I guess for now…”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=7962