An Ocean Apart by sorcha
Summary: It started out great and then got bearable but now it?s tense, she?s realised that their an ocean apart what can he do to convince her that their not that it?s just a little bit of troubled water keeping them from making something amazing.

Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6299 Read: 7673 Published: 08/20/06 Updated: 11/16/06

1. Chapter 1 by sorcha

2. Chapter 2 by sorcha

3. Chapter 3 by sorcha

4. Chapter 4 by sorcha

5. Chapter 5 by sorcha

Chapter 1 by sorcha
Author's Notes:
It started out great and then got bearable but now it?s tense, she?s realised that their an ocean apart what can he do to convince her that their not that it?s just a little bit of troubled water keeping them from making something amazing.

May feature others I.E. Nick Carter
Part 1.
Chapter 1- Restless night.

Lying awake staring at the ceiling I hear the music coming from another hotel room I could only assume whoever it was, was having a party, I could hear people running past my room obviously drunk.
“Who wanted to come to Hawaii?” Louise asked from the doorway of my room.
“Slightly loud aren’t they?” I said rhetorically.
“It’s three am.”
“I know.”
I watched as she walked over and sat on the end of my bed.
“Our rooms are the same but reversed.”
“Yup that made perfect sense.” I said with my eyebrow raised.
“It’s three am you expect me to make sense.”
“No not really.” I sighed.
“We should do something about it.”
“Off you go then.”
”I’m not going on my own.”
“So ring downstairs and complain to the manager.”
“Too much effort, besides your closer.”
“Too tired.”
I switched on the lamp next to my bed and sat up so I could see her better.
“How long you been awake?” she asked.
“Since the music started up.”
“Me too.”
“You know we will probably have jet lag tomorrow as well.” She said a few seconds later.
“Yup, little shits keeping us up all night.”
“We had a bad flight, got here at 11pm when we were suppose to be here at 8pm, now we have to deal with these idiots.” I said.
“I know.” She said through a yawn we sat in silence for a few minutes just listening to the people running past our room, they sounded like they were having a race.
“Okay I’m calling downstairs.” I said as I picked up the receiver and pressed the number for downstairs.
The clerk on the reception desk picked up and I asked to be put through to the manager.
“How can I help you Miss Alexander?”
“You can help me by telling the idiots on my floor to stop their party and go to bed.”
“I have already tried, I have had a lot of calls about them and so far no results.”
“So how am I supposed to get any sleep?”
“I could move you to another room.”
“That would be giving in, how about you send a couple of buckets of ice and lots of water to my room then I can deal with it and you can send the bill to them.”
“That I can do.”
“They can also pay the cleaning bill and for any damage that may happen.”
“I can’t believe I’m agreeing to this but if it stops them it’s fine, goodnight Miss Alexander.”
Ten minutes later there was two buckets of ice and a bucket of water sitting in the living area of Louise’s suite and mine.
“Right we ready to do this?” I asked Louise.
“Sarah are we sure about doing this?”
“Yes it will be fine Lou.”
“Okay let’s do it.”
We stepped outside of our hotel room to find a naked boy running past, he jogged backwards and put his arm braced against the door so he was leaning into us, he reeked of alcohol.
“Heeellooo Ladiees.” He slurred.
“Andrew leave these poor girls alone.” A male voice shouted.
Louise and I turned to look at the person whose voice it belonged too; I recognised the person quickly but decided to play dumb.
“Oh but Aaron.”
“Dude come on, we waiting to start the next race.”
“Oh goody another race.” I said as I rolled my eyes.
“Look see these girls want you to race.” Aaron said.
“Yeah we can’t wait.” I deadpanned, I highly doubted they noticed as they where slightly intoxicated.
“Okays youse bee my cheering squad.”
They walked back up the hall and I turned to look at Louise.
“Well that was shocking.” She said.
“Yup let’s see how many we can get with this ice.”
We heard them shout go and saw them start to round the corner of the floor, we readied the buckets of ice and as three naked boy’s ran past we threw ice over them which made them stop in their tracks.
“What are you playing at?”
“Err throwing ice over you what do you think I’m playing at?”
“You stupid….”
“Temper, temper.” Louise said wagging her finger at them.
“Hey what’s going on we waiting?” Aaron said coming from round the corner.
“These stupid girls just threw ice over us.”
“Why what’s the point in that?” Aaron asked.
“The point is that it might shut you all up so everyone can get some sleep.”
“Yeah right, this will just make us continue.” One of the unidentified boys said.
“Fine we will just take drastic action.” Louise piped up.
“Oh yeah what?” they all asked.
“We will call the police and report a disturbance of the peace.”
“I well I guess we could shut it down.” Aaron quickly said.
They all muttered yeah and rushed off to their rooms, the music stopped and soon everything was peaceful.
As Louise and me where parting she said,
“How did you know they would shut everything down?”
“I didn’t I just hoped they would, I don’t even know if the police deal with that in hotels.”
“Oh ok. That Aaron was a little cute.”
“Mmm a bit you know that was Aaron Carter right?”
“No really, wow you did well acting like you didn’t know who he was.”
“Yup, I wouldn’t of gone mad over him anyway besides they where all drunk what’s the point.”
“Suppose. Well goodnight.”
“Yeah night.”
The rest of the night was undisturbed.

In the morning.
I stumbled out of bed around 10 am and took a shower, I dressed myself in my new white bikini and put a white shirt over the top half of me and a white skirt on the bottom half I completed the look with my sunglasses and flip-flops.
Once I was dressed I went into the living area of mine and Louise’s suite to find Louise pouring a cup of tea.
“I was about to bring some tea in to you.”
“Well now you don’t have to.”
“What we doing today?”
“Well I want to explore the grounds a bit and sunbathe.”
“I like the sound of that.”
We ate breakfast out on the balcony then grabbed our bags and headed to wait for the elevator, we found however that we weren’t the only ones who wanted to go down the boys from last night and a few of their friends where waiting too.
The elevator doors opened and they all stepped in, Louise and me both knowing what the other was thinking didn’t move.
“Aren’t you two getting in?” Aaron asked.
“Yeah there’s room for two small ones.” Someone else said.
“No we will wait.” Louise answered them.
Aaron looked at the boy I recognised to be Andrew and they nodded to each other and before I knew what was happening they lifted us both onto the elevator.
The first few minutes where silent then Aaron spoke up.
“You know we don’t blame you for last night we did get a bit out of hand.”
“A bit out of hand.” I raised one eyebrow and gave him my best evil.
Things where silent again for a couple of more minutes but he spoke again.
“I still can’t believe you threw ice.”
“Yup.”
“How many more floors we got?” Louise asked me.
“Twenty.” I knew she got sick in elevators but I flat out refused to use the stairs come to think about it, it would have been a better idea.
Everything was silent again until we had two floors to go it was Aaron again.
“I’m Aaron Carter by the way.” He held his hand out to me I just looked at his hand and then back to his face and said,
“That’s nice remind me to care later k?”
With that said the doors opened and Louise and me rushed out leaving a very shocked superstar behind us.
Chapter 2 by sorcha
Chapter 2- Forgiven but not forgotten.

Once Louise and I stepped out of the elevator we rushed off outside trying not to laugh at Aaron and his friends.
We walked down the pathway towards the beach and discovered that the path split one bit led to a restaurant bit and another bit led down to the beach.
“Ooh do we want to get drinks first?” Louise asked me.
“Ooh we do.”
We walked up a short path to the outdoor restaurant we got a couple of bottles of water and went through another exit and began walking along a sandy beach, about twenty minutes later we came into an area of path that was surrounded by trees and bushes,
“Wow this is really nice.” Louise said looking around in awe.
“Yeah, look there’s a gap up ahead.”
We hurried to the gap and discovered that it was a secluded beach area.
“Do you think we are allowed here?” I questioned.
“Well there’s no signs saying we aren’t allowed.”
We stepped out into the clearing and looked around, it was so beautiful, the trees hid the path and there was golden sand that led down to crystal blue water, which shimmered as the sun hit it. There where rocks on the right that led out into the ocean a little way then turned so it made a pool type of thing, the rocks continued round to the left there was a gap then a couple of rocks that led up onto the beach.
It was a very secluded area so we decided to lay our towels down and sunbathe in privacy.
“This is nice.” Louise said to me.
“Yeah, I think I’m going to swim for a minute.”
“Ok.”
I walked down to the ocean and swam out a bit; the water was nice and warm even for April. I carried on swimming about and diving down until I was worn out, I climbed onto one of the rocks and walked back up the beach, I laid down on my towel once I got to it.
We sunbathed for along time in silence until our stomachs began to rumble, so I threw my clothes on over my bikini and headed to the restaurant to see if I could get food to go.
I was talking to one of the guy’s behind the serving area and he said that we could get a picnic basket made up so I told him what we wanted and he set about putting it together.
While I was waiting Aaron came up beside me and ordered himself a bottle of water.
“That was rude earlier.” He said looking straight at me.
“Well I didn’t get a good night’s sleep and I had a bad flight in last night now am I suppose to be nice?” I asked with my eyebrow raised.
“I already said sorry.” He was getting angry you could see that by looking at his pursed lips.
“Ooh five letters are supposed to make things better.”
“So what have I got to do to make it up to you?”
“You don’t have to do anything, just realise that you upset a lot of people last night and that you shouldn’t do it again.”
The server came over with the picnic basket and as I went to hand him the money Aaron got there first.
“Why did you do that?”
“Felt like it.” He then proceeded to pick the basket up and ask me where on the beach Louise and me where tanning.
“That doesn’t matter, just give me the basket.”
“Nup.”
“It’s a twenty minute walk I can manage.”
“Look I’m offering to…. Did you just say a twenty minute walk?”
“Yup.”
“Where the hell are you two tanning?”
”Look we want to try and keep it secluded so I’m not going to tell you because I don’t want to have to deal with the bimbo’s you surround yourself with.”
He handed over the basket and I began the twenty-minute walk.
After about ten minutes I had to put the basket down because it became really heavy.
I looked at my watch, then up the path and then down at the basket but it wasn’t there. I turned and discovered Aaron standing smiling at me; I decided to let him carry it so I continued walking until I got to Louise who was asleep so I introduce us to him seeing as we hadn’t done that yet.
“The sleeping one is Louise and I’m Sarah by the way.”
“Well seeing as I know both your names I can get a little pay back.” Aaron said with an evil glint in his eye.
“No that’s not fair; she didn’t do anything to you.”
“Fine.” He set the basket down and stepped over Louise he still had an evil glint in his eye I found out why as I was put over his shoulder and thrown into the ocean, I came out of water and took my top and skirt off and put it on a log to attempt to dry them off.
“What did I do to deserve that?”
“I just wanted to see you in your bikini.”
“You perv!”
“Not really just wanted to see a beautiful body.”
I sat speechless and pulled the basket round to me but I froze when I felt his hands on my shoulders.
“What are you doing?”
“Your shoulders are all red you need more lotion.”
I woke Louise up and she gave me a questioning look and I just pointed to the basket.
“You almost done?” I asked as his hands gently moved over my back.
“Yup I’m done, do you mind if I go tell my friends I have a headache then sneak back here so I can chill?”
“That was a long arse question.” Louise said.
“Take that as a no then.”
“We didn’t even say anything.” I stated.
Louise and I silently agreed he could then told him he could, once he was out of earshot I explained everything that had happened.
After we had eaten we turned onto our backs to tan them we were soon interrupted by Aaron coming back with a friend.
“This is Craig, he just got in so I invited him to come with.”
“Your in my Sun.” I stated.
“Ooh so sorry your heir ness.” Aaron said.
He moved out of my sun and laid his things down, and then he ran into the ocean.
Louise and I continued tanning while the two boy’s played with an American football.
I started to get bored with just lying still so I sat up and started getting dressed.
“Are we going?” Louise asked.
“I’m going, you coming with?”
“Dunno if I’m ready to go.”
“Well I’m bored and it’s getting dark.”
“Mmm.”
“It’s going to take twenty minutes to get back to the hotel.”
“Okay I’ll come with.”
We packed up and yelled to the boy’s that we were going then started the walk back to our rooms.
Once we were back in our rooms we went into our separate bedrooms and got ready to go down for dinner.
Halfway through us getting ready there was a knock at the door, I was dressed so I opened the door, Aaron was standing there dressed in a dark purple shirt two buttons undone at the top, he had jeans on too complete the look.
“Hi.” He said.
“Hey.”
“Let me take you to dinner to apologise.”
“Sorry me and Louise are going into town to eat.”
“Well me and Craig will come with and pay for it.”
“I don’t….” what I was about to say got cut off by Louise.
“That’s fine meet you in the lobby in twenty minutes.”
“You both look ready now and me and Craig are ready.”
“Louise gets motion sickness in elevators so we are using the stairs.”
“Okay we will walk down with.”
We all walked down together talking every now and then or racing. Once we got to the roof top restaurant we ordered and eat quietly, Louise and I escaped to go to the toilets.
“Aaron likes you.” Louise said.
“Shut up.”
“He does.”
“Shh.”
“What we going to do now?”
“Well I saw that fun fair when we walked here.”
“Ooh lets go.”
We told the boys our plans and they agreed to come with us.
When we got there Craig dragged Louise away from me whispering in her ear the whole time.
“He likes her.” I stated.
“Yup can’t get her out of his head.”
“Cute.”
“So if I can win you a bear from that basketball game can I be forgiven?”
“You don’t have to win me anything.”
“Want too.”
“I don’t want you to pay for anything you make me feel like I’m using you.”
“You know who I am?”
“No I’ve been on another planet for the last ten years.”
He lent in and kissed me passionately once I broke the kiss he said,
“Thank you for treating me like a normal guy and thank you for forgiving me.”
He began walking away as I whispered under my breath,
“You’re forgiven but it’s not forgotten.”
He turned back and beckoned me to him; I complied and for once let go and had fun.
Chapter 3 by sorcha
Chapter 3- Realisation of reality

Louise was still asleep when I woke up so I went and put a cup of tea on the table next to her bed and proceeded to jump up and down on her bed till she woke up.
“Mmm.”
“Good morning.” I said smiling at her.
“Morning.” I spun around to find Craig in nothing but boxer shorts, I looked from Louise to Craig then walked out and into my bedroom and grabbed my shoes, I then opened my bedroom door and found Aaron with his tongue down some blonde girl’s throat. I tried to ignore them as I waited for the elevator and when the doors opened I stepped in and pushed the button for the ground floor. I soon found myself at the secluded beach Louise and I had found, I climbed the rocks so I could see straight out into the ocean I sat and thought about everything in my life I stayed and sat on the rocks until the sun had set then started walking back to the hotel, I was feeling very faint so I took it slow when I reached the elevator my world went black.

Later in the evening
I rolled over in my bed wondering how I got there when the light turned on and blinded me.
I buried under the covers and peeped my head out to see who had woken me… it was Aaron.
“Do you know what I did today?”
“Do I care?”
“I’m going to tell you whether you want to know or not, so I woke up early because my bro showed up then kicked me out because he wanted some sleep. So waiting by the elevator my friends girlfriend came up to me and stuck her tongue down my throat, of course Louise and Craig come flying out of this suite, Louise starts yelling at me when I finally manage to tell her what happened my friends girlfriend drops the bomb that she’d been put up to kissing me to try and get rid of you. Well anyway once me and Craig had dealt with all of that they told me you’d run out because you’d found them in the same room, oh don’t worry they didn’t do anything just talked and slept. Well we decided that you’d just come back when you wanted, it got dark so Craig and I thought we’d come and look for you when the elevator doors opened there you were laying unconscious on the floor and when you COME TOO YOUR RUDE TO ME!” he finished up shouting.
“Well of course I’m going to have a bit of an attitude with you seeing as I knew none of that.” I rolled my eyes at him and turned to face another way as I was feeling tired.
“Oh no you’re not going to sleep, Doctors orders you have to eat something and have a drink as well.”
“Yay fun, shame I don’t feel like moving.”
“You don’t have too.” He vanished out of the room and appeared a few seconds later with a tray of food.
“I want it all eaten.”
“Yes sir.”
“Stop being a brat.” With that said he placed the tray on one side of my bed and left my room. I sat and looked at the food for a while and decided I was being a brat so I ate the food and laid in silence for along time before Louise came in.
“Hey, I made sure you had food you liked.”
“I noticed, I wouldn’t have eaten it if I didn’t like it.”
“I know.” She walked over to my bed and sat down.
“You all right?” she asked.
“Yeah tired.”
“Craig and I didn’t…” I knew what was coming so I jumped in.
“I know.”
“Do you want to get some sleep?”
“Yeah I think I’ll get a shower first though.”
“Ok I’ll take the tray out and get an early night too.”
She left and I got out of bed, I had a quick shower and got back into bed as quick as I could. I turned out the lights and snuggled down under my covers, I was just drifting off to sleep when my room was flooded with light.
“What!” I whined in the general direction of the door.
“Just to warn you, I’m sleeping on your couch.” Aaron said.
“Ok whatever.” Once the light was turned out I snuggled down into my bed again and drifted off.

In the morning
I got up and went to the bathroom and once I was done in there I got dressed and walked into the living room.
Aaron was sprawled out on one of the sofas, snoring lightly. I decided to get a cup of tea and try to wake up a bit more. After I had drank my tea I made another one and one for Louise, I took it into her and woke her up, once she was semi awake I pointed to her tea and walked out again.
I looked at the sleeping superstar on the sofa and decided to open the blinds so he would wake up. I pulled the blinds back and the sun light came streaming through, Aaron rolled over burying his head into the back of the sofa.
I sighed realising that I wasn’t going to get any company for a while, so I dug out my poem book and went out onto the balcony and sat at the table.
I sat writing for half an hour when Aaron’s voice brought me out of my reverie,
“How long you been up?” he said in a gruff voice.
I turned around and saw that he was wearing only boxers and his hair was a mess.
“Awhile.”
I turned back around and tried to concentrate on writing, he sat down next to me.
“What you writing?” he asked as he peered over my shoulder.
I slammed my book shut and stood up,
“Nothing.”
I went into my bedroom and tucked my book away, Aaron came wandering in and got under the covers of my bed.
“Why didn’t you stay in Craig or one of your other friends room?”
“We are sharing a room, much like this one, my bro is crashed in my bed, AJ is on my couch then Craig in his bed.”
“Why are they in your room?”
“Hotel management screwed up rooms, the plan is that some of my friends are getting moved down a couple of floors so the boy’s have rooms.”
“Oh ok.”
The T.V. clicked on while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth it was obvious Aaron was making himself comfortable.
I went back into my bedroom and went over to the psychiatrist type chair, you know the type no back, type you find in a psychiatrists office.
“Why you sitting over there?”
“Cos I am.”
The chair was near the window and a nice patch of sunlight was on it keeping me warm.
Aaron got out of bed and grabbed my hand; he then pulled me over to my bed.
“Now which side do you like to sleep on?”
“Right, but that doesn’t matter I’m fully dressed I’m not getting back into bed.”
“Yeah you are.”
“I don’t see a point in this, I’m fully dressed!” I exclaimed.
“It’s called bonding.”
I lay with Aaron watching T.V. till I realised he was asleep.
I got up and went out onto the balcony and laid on one of the sun chairs.
I lay out in the sun for along while just soaking in the sun rays and when I looked at my watch it was one in the afternoon I hadn’t realised I’d been out in the sun so long.
I wandered into the suite, no one was about so I fixed myself a small lunch and sat in the lounge area eating whilst watching a movie I’d found on the T.V.
After I’d eaten I sat and watched the rest of the movie and just slobbing out I was a little surprised that Louise was sleeping in so late so I decided to go check on her as soon as the movie was over.
After awhile the movie finished and liked I phoned I went to see if she was okay but she wasn’t in her room, maybe she had gone out when I was sunbathing.
I went into my bedroom expecting to see Aaron in bed but he wasn’t there, neither Louise or Aaron where anywhere in the suite I went outside the suite hoping to find them on the beach when I got downstairs no one was about I went back inside searching for a person anyone, I stopped looking up and down the hallway I heard my name being called I ran as the voice called my name over and over again. I stopped and slid down a wall closing my eyes.
“Sarah?” I opened my eyes and Louise was sitting next to me on the plane.
“Those sedatives really knocked you out huh? Well were landing now.”
Chapter 4 by sorcha
Chapter 4- welcome to Hawaii

Louise and I stepped off the plane and headed towards the baggage claim, I couldn’t quite believe that I was in Hawaii; I’d always had a fear of flying because I’d never flown before and you hear so many scare stories.
Louise had asked me to accompany her after her friend had let her down.
We found our bags then made our way out of the airport to see if we could find a car to take us to the hotel, after locating a car we got driven to the hotel quite swiftly and were soon unloading all our bags from the boot of the car.
The porter came along and loaded our bags onto his cart then took us inside and showed us to the check in desk.
The hotel was amazing the lobby was mainly marble it reminded me of the hotel I’d seen in ‘My wife and kids’, I looked around my surroundings I saw that across from the checking in desk there were shops and directly across from the hotel entrance there was a corridor that I assumed led to the elevators.
Louise dealt with checking in I had no head for forms and such like. After that had been dealt with we went down the corridor and I was right it led to the elevators, it also appeared to lead to the hotel beach.
We got into the elevator and the porter pressed the button for our floor, we were on the 32nd floor, I was so glad Louise didn’t actually get sick when she went in elevators that fortunately had just been in the dream.
Although the hotel did look like the hotel in my dream, but then I’d seen pictures I suppose they were stuck in my subconscious.
When we got to our floor we discovered we were almost opposite the elevators.
The porter let us into our room and unloaded our bags just placing them in the living area of our suite, I looked around the suite whilst Louise tipped the porter, the living area was painted white and had three sofas that made an unfinished square, in the middle of that was a coffee table and the whole thing faced a cabinet that I assumed had a T.V. in it.
To the right of the door was a bar type of thing, there were three doors, the one opposite the front door was a patio door it led out to a balcony, the door to the left lead to my room and to the right was Louise’s door.
Louise’s and mine’s rooms where the same but reversed, my room had a king’s size bed in it, I knew I would get lost in it, only having had a single bed all my life.
I continued to look round the room, it had patio doors that led out onto the balcony and over by the balcony doors was the type of chair I would expect to find in a psychiatrists office.
Opposite the bed (which was in the middle of the room) was a chest of draws that had a T.V. on it, the bed had bedside tables on either side of it, looking at the room straight on I realised that to my left was a set of wardrobes I dumped my stuff in front of them and saw that there was a door leading into an un suite bathroom.
The door was in the wall that the bed was against meaning that the bathroom was behind the bed.
I made my way towards it and walked inside with my toiletries bag in hand, and saw that the bathroom was just about the right size, it had a nice long counter top with the sink right in the middle, then a mirror stretching the same length, the toilet was hidden behind the door. To my right was a big bath that looked to have hot tub settings, and up the far end of the bathroom was a massive shower.
“Hey Sarah.” Louise said coming into my room.
“Hey, what’s up?”
“Just going to see if you wanted to come shopping with me.” She said sitting on my bed.
“What right now, we’ve only just got in.”
“So?”
“So shops can wait, they’ll be there tomorrow. Besides I need to unpack.”
“Oh please unpacking can wait too.”
“Sure but if I don’t do it now I never will, you know I get distracted easy.”
“I know, but I’ll make sure you do it later.”
“Nup, once I’ve unpacked I’m going to sleep.”
“Oh cause you didn’t get enough on the plane.” She said sarcastically.
“Look I don’t feel like going, I have unpacking to do and I want a rest.” I said sitting down so I was leaning against the wardrobe pulling my suitcase in front of me.
“Okay. Do you want me to get anything for you?”
“Nah I’m good, have fun.”
“Plan too.” She got off my bed and walked out of our suite.
I spent the next hour or so unpacking making sure everything was right, and then climbed onto the bed fully clothed and drifted off.

Two hours later.
I could hear a phone ringing somewhere and it was driving me nuts, I opened my eyes realising that it was my hotel phone ringing constantly. I rolled over to the right bedside table and picked up the annoying phone.
“Sarah!” Louise’s voice yelled through the phone.
“Whoa, why you shouting?”
“What, listen I can’t hear you properly the storm is to loud.”
“Storm?”
“Yeah, I’m in a shop taking shelter apparently it’s going to get worse, I’ll be back when it’s safe.”
“Ok see you later.”
I looked outside and saw the first few raindrops splattering the glass; I got off the bed and undid the balcony door I stood in thought about what to do about the furniture outside.
It took a couple seconds before I started grabbing the furniture and putting it in the main room; I grabbed the chairs from around the table first, and then dragged the table in when I turned around to go back outside, the rain had really begun to pelt down I rushed outside and grabbed one of the sun chairs and pulled at it, my hair was in my face so I dropped the chair and scraped my hair back into a ponytail which was hard with my layers.
After I had dealt with my hair I picked up the chair again and pulled it in I looked back outside the wind had really picked up and the rain was beating down so hard, there was only one sun chair left but I figured I’d grab it when the rain died down a bit.
I locked the living room balcony door and went into my room I pulled the balcony door shut I locked it and grabbed cushions off my bed, and then I changed into drier clothes and sat on the cushions watching the storm.
Half an hour later the lights flickered then went out plunging me into darkness save for the lightning flashes across the sky.
That chair I hadn’t grabbed was being thrown around in the wind like it was a rag doll, I sat and watched the storm progress and the chair get flung around for about an hour before I got up and made some tea.
It was then that I realised that there was no power, so I grabbed a bottle of water and went back into my room.
The storm raged on it was showing no signs of stopping; it again threw the chair around outside slamming it unmercifully against the wall of the balcony.
It had yet to shatter, to break, and to crumble; it almost seemed stronger than the storm.
Lightning flashed cutting a path through the dark night illuminating the turbulent ocean for the briefest of seconds.
Again a flash of lightning splintered down striking a palm tree that cracked in half, the leaves bursting into flame becoming for now the only light on the island.
Heavy raindrops threw themselves down at the ground, vision out of the window becoming harder, almost impossible.
People had long stopped the chaotic pursuit of pulling things in and running for cover, the storm had won that battle.
The sound of the crashing waves was barely audible over the rumbling thunderclaps but every time the lightning flashed the pure destruction the waves were hell bent on creating was evident.
The strong winds got my attention again as it picked the chair up hurtling it against the balcony wall; a bizarre thought entered my head.
I had to rescue the chair.
I unlocked the door and stepped out into the freezing rain, it bounced off me, and it seemed to be coming down with more vigorous energy I was already soaked by the time I reached the chair.
The wind had picked the chair up again as if it was no effort at all, as the chair came towards me I reached out, seized the chair and the battle between the storm and me began.
I started pulling the chair towards the patio doors that led to my room, slipping on the wet floor I was forced to release the chair.
Now fully drenched in rain the battle was getting harder, especially now as the wind picked the chair up again, and was carrying it off over the wall that separated my balcony from the hotel room next to mine.
I clambered up and carefully made my way to the chair; it was hooked by one of its legs to the concrete divider of the balcony.
I un-hooked it but it was caught on the other side.
Lightning flashed all around me as a tug of war between me and the wall went on.
Finally I freed it and I carefully began to move towards my balcony doors, lightning and thunder still went on overhead, but I was concentrating all my energy on getting back inside in one piece.
Half way there I almost lost my footing again but I steadied myself using the chair.
Now at the doors I stepped into my room hauling the chair after me, once every part of me and the chair was in I turned and locked the balcony door, as I did so there was a loud knock at the door.
I moved towards the door and pulled it open realising as it was half open that I probably resembled a drowned rat, but none the less I finished opening the door and there he was.
Chapter 5 by sorcha
Author's Notes:
Notice of prelonged hiatus.
i am sorry but right now i cannot write anymore to this story i have situations happening in my life that prevent it.
i am sorry to all those that read this story.
please read above ^^
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8042