It Was A Good Day Until We Came To The Intersection by backstreet_fanatic
Summary: What can ruin a day that seems nice? What circumstance can break the heart of a person?
This is a story about a great day that went to the dumps when we turned the intersection. (told in my point of view)

(based on a true story)

NOTE: This story is partially fictionalized.

Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 598 Read: 579 Published: 09/03/06 Updated: 09/03/06

1. Chapter 1 by backstreet_fanatic

Chapter 1 by backstreet_fanatic
It was a fairly clear day, with some obscuring clouds, but it was a great day to go out.

It would have turned out to be a great day if not for a few misunderstandings about driving which turned out to be a major argument.

We went out and ate with some friends in a Chinese restaurant.

Almost everyone was there and I didn't think it would be a bad day at all.

After eating, I listened to the funny and business-like conversations that my parents were having with other parents.

It was really boring but I listened to their conversations anyway; having nothing to do.

Suddenly, a teenage girl slightly older than me approached me.

She said, "Hi." and asked what my name was.

I told her my name.

We chatted about people we know, school, etc. and we were having a fun time talking.

She was grade 11, and I was grade 9, but it didn't matter, I thought I had gained a new friend.

Suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned around to see my brother.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We're going." he replied.

I told her that I'm going and I said bye to her.

I followed my brother to the car.

I listened to Brian Littrell in my walkman as we rode to the local park.

~~~~~

As I went out of the car, I held my book tight to me.

I sat down on a bench along with my parents as I watched my brother playing with the sand.

After several minutes, my dad decided it was time to go home.

We left.

I watched the scenery pass by as I drifted off to sleep...

*blissful world*

*argument in the background*

*Was that my dream?*

My dad suddenly shouts and that's what made my eyes open all of a sudden.

"I saw a car in that intersection and you wanted me to drive through it..."

We just passed a cemetery and we were already on the highway.

The mood of everyone inside the car changed as we turned the intersection.

I decided to make the volume of my walkman louder to drown out the sounds of argument (It was playing "I'm Alive" by Brian Littrell at that time).

Suddenly my mom shouted.

I looked up at them; they were arguing.

I tried to drown it out with the music in my walkman, but the argument started to get out of hand.

My brother cries and tries to tell them to stop.

I try to tell them.

They don't listen.

Then in exasperation, I raised my voice, just so they could hear what I was saying, "STOP!”

They continue arguing, I took out my seatbelt, ready to leave the car as soon as we entered the garage.

I didn't want to hear their argument anymore, I just wanted to leave.

As soon as the car stopped, I got my purse and book and disembarked the car.

I had the temptation to slam the car door, but I prevented myself from doing it.

I walked briskly away from them, shaking my head at the same time.

My parents were still arguing.

My brother was crying.

Then as I walked towards the door, I saw our car whiz past me.

I look up and see my dad driving with our car out unto the street.

I shake my head again.

This should have been a great day when I met a new friend, but instead it became a day when our family was torn apart, just because of a misunderstanding of each other.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8067