Sweet Chicago by sweet18_2003
Summary: An unexpected meeting turns in to a long distance friendship. Can it lead to more? (so the summary sucks major ass...so sue me. Please read anyways though) lol
Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1321 Read: 428 Published: 10/24/06 Updated: 10/24/06

1. Sweet Chicago by sweet18_2003

Sweet Chicago by sweet18_2003
Author's Notes:
So its not BSB related...just a short story I wrote. Please read and leave feedback anyways though.
Sweet Chicago

A light snow started to fall as I wrapped my arms around myself, scanning the area around me. I shivered, not knowing where I was nor the area at all. Everything was foreign to me, and I felt even more out of place as I realized that I was the only one alone, small groups together all around me. There was a purpose for my being their though. I was meeting somebody. Someone I’d met only a couple of months before back in my own home state of Ohio. Now, I was visiting him in Chicago, meeting up at a designated place that we’d planned out only nights before.

“Where are you?” I mumbled, worried that I was being stood up as I flipped open my metallic pink cell phone to find out the time, realizing that he wasn’t late, but I was significantly early. I’d planned it that way in case I took a wrong turn somewhere along my journey, giving me extra time to ensure I wouldn’t be late. As luck would have it, I didn’t take any wrong turns, which was ironic, for I seemed to get lost often in the city I’d grown up in all my life.

Upon thinking of seeing him again, nerves were jumbled in every part of my body. Sure, I’d spoken to him on the phone and through text messages frequently, but it would be my first real time spending with the guy who’d managed to steal my heart when I’d sworn I would never trust again. I didn’t love him by a long shot, but there were definite sparks that I knew wouldn’t go away unless I saw where things would lead to. It was that mindset that had driven me to give him my number in the first place before he ventured back home that first day of October.

I’d met him because his ice hockey team had been playing the Columbus Junior Blue Jackets. He’d been out on an injury, and what had started as me just giving him ice for his back turned in to us speaking frequently throughout his two day stay. When we weren’t talking, occasional glances and smiles were cast each others way as he passed through the lobby of the rink. And after the rotten past few months I’d had, his presence and kindness gave me something to actually be happy about.

Here it was, mid December. Time had passed by in a blur, changing as quickly as the leaves on the trees. And now, as they stand bare, it was another reminder of how much time had passed in such a short span. A strong gust of wind blew, chilling me to the core. I buried my face deep within my hunter green winter jacket, drawing the hood up slightly, the fur around the edges keeping my face warmed. I’d never been to Chicago before, but I was quickly realizing that the winters here made the ones back in Ohio seem pleasant and even somewhat tame. I made a mental note not to complain so much about them in the future…

“Hey doll!”

I whirled around at the sound of the familiar voice to find myself face to face with the guy that managed to make my heart speed up and my entire body flush with warmth. What it was about him, I couldn’t say. All I knew was that from the moment I’d seen him that first time, something happened. He wasn’t tall, standing only three to four inches above my five foot four stature, and weighing around one hundred and sixty. He had dark brown hair and eyes that made you know that he truly was listening to every word that you spoke merely by the way he stared at you with such intense concentration. And his smile. What was it about his smile that made me want to melt? It was him as a whole, for he was gorgeous to my eyes, and his personality just sealed everything off perfectly.

“Hey you!” I breathed, realizing that I hadn’t in a few seconds. I pulled him in to a hug. Our first, beings our encounter before hadn’t allowed for such actions. Nothing about it was awkward. Everything felt so natural, as if we’d known each other for years. He planted a soft kiss on my cheek. I knew that I was blushing, but I couldn’t help it, “How are you?” I asked lamely, just so no more silence would pass.

All the while, my mind was filled with thoughts that I knew shouldn’t be there. I wondered what the feel of his lips against mine would be like. How it would taste, almost able to imagine the sweetness of it. It was all I could do not to pull him in to me to find out, knowing I would have to contain myself. That first move would have to be up to him, if he felt he wanted to take things to that next small step up. After all, I didn’t want to scare off this incredible person.

“Good,” he replied with a smile, “How was your trip? Did you run in to any problems?”

I shook my head, “Nope. I didn’t get lost once!” I grinned enthusiastically, deciding not to mention that I’d passed the hotel I’d gotten reservations at three time before I finally made it in to the parking lot. Nor did I mention the fact that my car, who I’d named Black Nasty after is color and the way it ran…when it actually decided to run at all…had nearly gotten me killed by hitting ice patches when the breaks decided not to function.

He chuckled good heartedly at me, but I could tell by the look in his eyes that he didn’t quite believe me by the concern written in them. Instead of commenting on it though, he said, “It’s great to see you again. It’s been too long.”

“Yeah, tell me about it!” I exclaimed, “But at least we’re here now, right?” my heart was slowly starting to return to its normal rate. I couldn’t help but wonder if this encounter was nothing more than friends or if his intentions to make some sort of long distance relationship work were as real as mine.

“I know, huh?” he smiled flirtatiously, looking deep within my brown eyes before saying, “So, why don’t you say we get out of here. Are you all checked in?”

“Yep.” I answered, glad that I would have an entire days to spend with him instead of just that afternoon. Either way though, the five hour drive was well worth it. Seeing him again had been something I’d hoped would happen from our first conversation on the phone.

“So, what do you want to do?” he asked, leading the way to his car.

I laughed, “I have no clue what’s even around here.”

As he opened the passenger door for me, he went around to his side, getting in himself. Sticking the keys in the ignition, he looked thoughtful for a moment before he turned to me, “I think I know just the thing…”

Smiling back at him, I trusted his judgment, not able to wait to see what he had in store. Pulling out of the parking lot and out on to the main road, he turned the radio on, the lyrics of the song fitting perfectly to how I was feeling, and as he slowly reached over, tucking my left hand in to his right, a faint blush crept its way in to my cheeks as I realized that things were going exactly how I’d hoped they would.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8139