The CO-Town Club by nicksgal
Summary: There is a very successful pop music club in Colorado! What happens when the Backstreet Boys pay them an unforgetable visit?!?!?

*Note: The warnings are VERY VERY VERY minimal, one chapter each for about two seconds. I'm just trying to cover my bases.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 24705 Read: 45287 Published: 10/26/06 Updated: 10/26/06

1. Author's Note by nicksgal

2. Chapter One by nicksgal

3. Chapter Two by nicksgal

4. Chapter Three by nicksgal

5. Chapter Four by nicksgal

6. Chapter Five by nicksgal

7. Chapter Six by nicksgal

8. Chapter Seven by nicksgal

9. Chapter Eight by nicksgal

10. Chapter Nine by nicksgal

11. Chapter Ten by nicksgal

12. Chapter Eleven by nicksgal

13. Chapter Twelve by nicksgal

14. Chapter Thirteen by nicksgal

15. Chapter Fourteen by nicksgal

16. Chapter Fifteen by nicksgal

17. Chapter Sxiteen by nicksgal

18. Chapter Seventeen by nicksgal

19. Chapter Eighteen by nicksgal

20. Chapter Nineteen by nicksgal

21. Chapter Twenty by nicksgal

22. Chapter Twenty-One by nicksgal

23. Chapter Twenty-Two by nicksgal

24. Chapter Twenty-Three by nicksgal

25. Chapter Twenty-Four by nicksgal

26. Chapter Twenty-Five by nicksgal

27. Author's Note #2 by nicksgal

Author's Note by nicksgal
Author's Notes:
This is the only one you'll get the entire story! Right... >_< From me who ALWAYS writes Author's Notes just to talk about nothing...
Let's see.... This is one of those, "because I'm transfering my files" stories... It is the third fan fic I ever wrote and from about... the year 2000. So... It's one of the ones I may go back and edit later, but for now, please enjoy the view of the world through a 12-year-old's eyes. ^_^ Leave reviews if you like, even if it is just to laugh with me.

When I originally reposted it, it was concurrently with a humor piece I entitled, "Yes! Anyone can write fan fiction! nicksgal tells you how!" I was thinking of doodling it out in markers though... So perhaps I will post it here eventually.

But yes, this story is circa 2000 and features some of my best friends from the BLVD at the time. If you were there... Perhaps you know them. ^_^

Anyway... Happy reading! (I just know everyone will enjoy 500-1500 word chapters from me, the queen of prose. Haha.)
Chapter One by nicksgal
Dear Diary,
It’s just another quiet day in my quiet neighborhood…

*Ring* “Gosh won’t people leave me alone!” I then disconnected the phone.

As I was saying, it’s just another quiet day in…

*Ding dong* “We’re not home!” I yelled down the stairs to the person ringing our doorbell.

Now, it’s just another quiet day in my quiet neighborhood. I’m waiting for the meting to start at four. Why do we have these meetings so late? I mean we should have them at three so I wouldn’t be waiting around my house for hours.
Sincerely,
D

Oh hello! I didn’t notice you. You probably read my diary, didn’t you? It’s ok, be honest. You’re probably wondering a few things: why I call my neighborhood quiet, what meeting, and who is D? I’ll start with the basics. I’m D, my full name is Deanna, but call me D, okies? I live in the state of Colorado, I really love the Backstreet Boys, and I’m in a music club. Which brings me to the meetings part. We have weekly meetings on Saturdays around four. Now the quiet neighborhood thing is an inside joke, and you’ll never know what I mean by it. Oh look! After spending my time talking to you it’s time to bike to Hannie’s. Next question, who is Hannie? Hannie is my friend. She’s in the club, and is the Vice President, next to me because I’m the President. She and I started this club when a lot of my friends moved out here and we thought it would be a good way to get everyone together. Now our club is much more than that. Six months after we started we began making a world wide name for ourselves, we have a website and email address. People from all over want to be in our club. And the bands, well they love to visit us. We’ve met so many bands and it’s just amazing. That’s what I’m going to this meeting to do today, is to report on the concert that I had just gone to. Kris went with me, so she gets to share her opinion. Ok, Kris is a girl that I met in gym in sixth grade. She’s nice and funny, and fun to be around. I really like her a lot. Oh look I’m at Hannie’s house now. Let me take my green bike into her garage and then I’ll be jumping over the fence into her backyard. Do you want to come to the meeting too? Well, c’mon then!

“Hannie!” I called.

“Hey D,” Hannie replied, “what have you been up to?”

“Same old, same old,” I answered.

“It’s always the same in your quiet neighborhood,” Hannie added.

We laughed.

“I guess it is,” I agreed.

“No kidding,” Hannie replied.

By now the conversation was getting dull. Hannie looked at her feet and I looked over the fence. I turned away for a second and when I turned back over the fence “flew” my friend Carrie.

Now, I’ll explain this fast. Carrie is my friend since around December 1999. She’s the club’s Alternate and one of Brian’s biggest fans. That’s why she’s Tic and I’m Tac and together we are Tic Tac. It’s a play Frick and Frack, got that?

“Gosh Carrie!” Hannie exclaimed, “Last week you ran into my fence, this week you fly over it, what are you gonna do next?”

“I dunno Hannie,” Carrie replied, “What should I do next week Tac?”

“I dunno Tic. Maybe you could put on a talent show,” I answered.

“Hmmm, that's a good idea,” Carrie agreed.

Hannie looked at me like I was ruining her day.

“C’mon guys,” I prodded, “we’d better go to the clubhouse”

Our clubhouse is really the giant gazebo in Hannie’s backyard. It’s past the pine tree and across the small river that runs around the back of the house because of heavy rains the past few years. The gazebo is painted bright blue with white trimming. It has window shades around it incase it rains and a makeshift door, plus it has room for all 20 of us. In the gazebo is a green director’s chair, a small white table, a blue co-director’s chair, a desk with shelves, a yellow treasurer’s chair, a red secretary’s chair, a purple alternate’s chair, a shelf, a ceiling cover, and rugs and mats for the seating for everyone else.

When we got into the gazebo I got my page of tasks for the meeting and my Backstreet Boys cap, and then I sat down in my director’s chair. Hannie set the snacks on the little white table in the corner and sat in her co-director’s chair. Carrie got her pocket mirror and made sure her barrettes were strait and sat down in her purple chair.

As the time passed more of the members came in.

When Phanny came in she got together her treasury booklet and sat in the yellow chair in front of the desk.

Phanny, also called Crazy for obvious reasons, is the Treasurer of the club and a major AJ fan, so major she’s “Crazy” for him.

When the time for the meeting drew near Amy rushed in almost late, but off by just a little.

Amy is mine and Hannie’s friend from forever. She is the club’s Secretary, and the one who came up with the idea of a worldwide club, which Hannie and I just adopted on.
When she got to her desk she grabbed the secretary notebook and her pen off one of the desk’s shelves and took her seat in the red chair next to Phanny.

Everyone was laughing and giggling like they did at the beginning of every meeting. I did the only thing that would get their attention.

“Attention. This meeting has started,” I announced.

Like always they stopped talking and paid attention.

“Does anyone have any business?” I asked.

Phanny raised her hand and I nodded at her to continue.

“We need to collect dues,” Phanny told everyone.

Everyone groaned.

I wonder why. We pay dues, which are like taxes, to keep our club together and to buy stuff we need. Everyone really hates them.

Phanny went around and collected $2.50 for everyone and put it in the “money box,” which is actually a manila envelope, but anyway.

When Phanny finished she sat down and counted the money.

“Any other business?” I asked.

Amy raised her hand, and I nodded.

“The meting on the 21 has been cancelled,” Amy informed us.

“Everyone remember that,” I added.

“Business?” I asked one last time.

No one raised their hand so I crossed business off my list.

“Alright. As you know Kris and I attended the Barenaked Ladies concert,” I started.

Everyone nodded.

“I thought it was beautifully performed and ‘Pinch Me’ went wonderfully,” I finished. Then I looked at Cassie and smiled, her thoughts about the song had been different.

Everyone kept listening.

“So the rest of my report is in the club notebook, and now it’s Kris’ turn.”

Before Kris started Carrie held up the club notebook as if she was Vanna White.

“I thought it was preformed beautifully,” Kris added, “And my favorite song was “If I Had A Million Dollars.” My whole report is in the club notebook.”

Carrie/Vanna held up the notebook again.

“Alright Amy, who’s doing the next concert?” I asked.

“Like I care, unlike some of you,” Amy joked, “but it’s the Backstreet Boys with Black and Blue.”

The lot of us cheered.

“So who’s going with D?” Amy asked.

Everyone including Phanny and Carrie raised their hands.

“Alright, Phanny,” I asked, “how much money do we have?”

“I just finished counting and we have two fifty.” Phanny replied.

“We only have $2.50!” Hannie exclaimed sounding shocked.

“Yeah,” Amy added sounding equally as shocked, “isn’t that how much we paid in dues?”

“Yes it is,” I replied.

“Sorry,” Phanny replied, “I meant we had two hundred and fifty.”

Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

“That means we could all go!” Shamikka exclaimed.

Shammikka, also known as Mikka, is a major Howie fan and one of the first people to join the club. She thought it was a great idea before anyone else did.

Phanny and I looked at each other. And agreed.

“Mikka,” I replied, “I know that all of you would like to go very much but we have to save the club money for other things. So we’ll do what we do with the other concerts.”

Mikka nodded, as if she understood.

The meeting was coming to a close and I had to end it soon.

“Remember everyone, if you want to go put your name in the jar on your way out.”

Everyone nodded.

“This meeting is dismissed,” I concluded.

All of us who had a main job put our stuff away and headed out the door. Before Carrie and Phanny did they quickly slipped their names into the jar. As soon as she was done Carrie ran out to catch up with me.

“Tac!” She yelled.
Chapter Two by nicksgal
“Yeah Tic?” I asked.

“Where are you going,” Carrie asked, “maybe we could walk together.”

“I’m going back to my house, and you?” I replied.

“Awwww,” Carrie whined, “I’m going to a baby-sitting job the other way.”

“That’s not good,” I replied.

“No,” Carrie agreed.

When we reached the split in Hannie’s driveway we hugged each other.

“See you later Tic,” I said.

“See ya later Tac,” Carrie replied.

We then went our separate ways.

I was riding my bike and I saw Sarah.

“Sarah!” I yelled.

“D!” She called and ran over to me and my bike.

“How are you?” I asked.

“As good as I always am, of course,” Sarah replied.

We laughed.

“How are you and your music club?” she asked.

“As good as they’ll ever be,” I replied.

“Bet you’re going to the Backstreet Boys concert via the club,” she said.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“I’m going to Kelly’s house,” Sarah told me, “wanna come?”

“No,” I replied, “I have to go home and do some stuff.”

“Oh okies,” Sarah replied.

We walked together for three blocks because Kelly’s house is that way.

“Oh, I gotta turn here D, see you later,” Sarah said.

“See you later,” I replied.

I kept riding my bike home. On the way I scared all the dogs in the park and by the time I got home it was time for dinner.

After a fast dinner I went up to my room and wrote up next week’s meeting agenda on my agenda pad and set it on my desk to take to Hannie’s on Monday. After that I sat and looked out my window and thought about the Backstreet Boys almost in my state thinking of the show. And I thought of Nick, my very favorite Backstreet Boy. The one I love, the one I think about, the one I dream about kissing goodnight, being here. It brought me to tears thinking of what I couldn’t have that I wanted. I wiped my tears and opened the window and looked out into the clear blue sky and started singing a song by the Spice Girls.

“Candle light and soul forever,” I sang. My voice quavered with tears but I held it in.

“A dream of you and me together.” Tears streamed down my face with my wishing, wanting of Nick. This made me so sad to think of how I couldn’t have him.

“Say you believe it, say you believe it.” After only the third line I broke down and stopped. I decided to email Hannie about the next meeting and the Backstreet Boys concert.
Chapter Three by nicksgal
In another part of Colorado is the Backstreet Boys tour bus.

We enter on AJ reading a paper, Brian getting a snack from the kitchen, Howie writing a letter, Kevin waiting for Nick to stop hogging the TV, and Nick playing video games.

“Nick will you stop your Playstation so we can watch a movie!” Kevin exclaimed.

“I have one more level and I finish the game,” Nick informed them sounding sortta tranced.

“Nick, get off!” Kevin exclaimed.

“Come back here you devil demon!” Nick yelled.

His eyes followed the screen back and forth as he followed the bad guys.

“Nick,” Kevin yelled, “Nick!”

Nick didn’t even notice Kevin, his eyes were still going back and forth over and over again.

“Give it up Kevin, he’s not gonna pay attention to you,” Howie told Kevin.

“How do you know?” Kevin asked.

“He’s been playing all day,” Howie continued, “he’s tranced.”

“So,” Kevin argued.

“Well, not that it’s funny or anything,” Howie added, “but if his eyes keep going back and forth they might roll back into his head.”

“They actually might Howie,” Brian agreed as he stepped back into the room with an apple.

Out of no where AJ yelled, “If I hear one more thing about this friggen club I’m gonna be so pissed off!”

“What club AJ?” Howie asked.

“This one, they operate in Colorado,” AJ replied handing Howie the article.

Howie read part of the article.

“See what I mean Howie?” AJ asked.

“No,” Howie replied, “I don’t get what you find so bad about…”

Howie was then interrupted by the TV saying, “Congratulations, you won!”

“Hey cool!” Nick exclaimed.

Howie and Kevin looked at each other and then at AJ and Brian wondering who said that. Then they looked at the floor where Nick was and Nick turned around.

“Isn’t that cool, I won,” Nick asked, “what article are you reading?”

“….this club,” Howie finished.

“You should read it out loud, it would be like a bedtime story,” Nick suggested.

Howie looked at Nick strangely, but read anyway.
After Howie finished AJ asked, “Do you see what I mean?”

“So they mention our name,” Brian told him, “why does that matter?”

“Because they want us to go and visit them, or we won’t be nice like all the other groups, including NSYNC,” AJ explained.

“They are world famous AJ,” Kevin added, “maybe we should.”

AJ shook his head.

“It would be nice of us,” Brian agreed, “a lot of those girls like us.”

“Yeah,” Howie nodded, “I mean it’s like turning down our fans an opportunity not many of them will get and this would mean a lot to them.”

“Guys, I’m serious,” AJ said.

“Well, we know what you think, and we all think we should,” Brian stated, “But what do you think Nick?”

“I like the girl, the one who runs it. She seems nice and I bet she’s cute. I’d like to meet her. I think we should,” Nick replied.

“She’s that one Nick,” Howie pointed me out in the picture of the club accompanying the article.

“Yeah,” Nick replied, “I’m all for meeting them.”

“What happened to 'I wouldn't date a fan', Nick?” AJ asked.

“Who said anything about dating?” Nick asked.

“You sound like you’re talking about it,” AJ replied.

“No,” Nick argued, “she’s a fan see her shirt?”

“Oh look how cute!” Howie exclaimed.

“What?” Brian asked.

“Her and the girl next to her must be best friends,” Howie noted.

“Why?” Brian asked.

“The head girl’s…”

“Look her name is Deanna,” Kevin pointed out.

“That’s a lot easier,” Brian replied, “Now you know her name Nick.”

Nick blushed a little.

“But who’s the girl next to her?” Howie asked.

“Carrie,” Kevin answered.

“Thanks Kevin,” Howie replied.

“You’re welcome,” Kevin answered.

“Ok, Carrie’s shirt says ‘Tic, property of Frick’ and Deanna’s shirt says ‘Tac, property of Frack,” Howie finished.

“That’s so cute,” Brian exclaimed.

“Yeah,” Kevin agreed.

“I guess that girl belongs to you Nick,” AJ noted.

Nick blushed again.

“Stop it AJ,” Brian ordered, “you’re making Nick turn pink.”

Brian, Kevin, AJ, and Howie laughed while Nick turned hot pink and hurried out of the room and hid in his cubby hole. While Nick was there he looked out the window and saw a star.

“Star light, star bright, can I have a wish tonight?” Nick asked the sky.

“I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight,” Nick continued.

Then in a whisper Nick wished, “I wish this Deanna girl was at her window right now.”

Back on my side of Colorado I was re-entering my room. When I walked in I saw my window opened and a star shining very bright. I walked over and talked to the sky as did Nick on the other side of Colorado.

“Star light, star bright, can I have a wish tonight?” I asked the sky.

“I wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight,” I finished.

“I wish the Backstreet Boys would come and meet us,” I whispered.

Back on Nick’s side of Colorado he was wishing again.

“Star light, star bright, there’s another wish I wish tonight,” Nick started.

“I wish I may and wish I might give this girl this wish tonight,” Nick finished.

“I wish that Deanna knows I’m loving her tonight,” Nick whispered, then blew a kiss to the sky just for me.

I didn’t know about Nick’s kiss for me, but I wish I had. I went to bed and turned out the lights.

Nick looked out his window, and saw the star appeared fainter then it was before.

“Thank you star,” Nick told the little star, “We will come and meet Deanna and her club, that’s a promise.”

Then Nick lay down and went to sleep. The star, our star, flickered and then disappeared from the sky.
Chapter Four by nicksgal
I was getting ready to go to Southglen Mall with Hannie, Tic, and Cassie.

Cassie is a Nick/AJ fan who is really nice, but she always tries to steal the Treasurer position from Phanny and my Nick posters from me. We still love her anyway.

What should I wear today? Should I wear my Backstreet Boys shirt? Maybe I should call Hannie and ask her. I guess not. I think I’ll wear my mini-skirt and my zip-up black platform shoes. But I can’t go to the mall without a shirt, well I could, but I’d get kicked out. I think I’ll wear my plain white shirt and a jean jacket.
Now I have to grab my keys and get in the car. I’m driving to the mall. We're all going to meet in Sam Goody.

I walked into the mall through Dillards and saw Carrie looking at the hats.

“Tic,” I called, “What are you doing?”

“Looking at the hats,” Carrie replied.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because this one looks like one of AJ’s hats,” Carrie answered.

She held up a leopard print hat.

“Oh it does,” I agreed.

“Are you gonna buy it?” I asked.

“Oh yeah,” Carrie replied, “At the concert I’m just gonna waltz up to him with a hat.”

She then shook her head.

“Well we’d better get going to Sam Goody,” I informed her.

When we walked to the back of the store where Hannie and Cassie were standing, I over heard their conversation.

“Do these match?” Cassie asked holding up a blue sweatshirt and a black t-shirt, both made for Black & Blue.

“Well, it’s black and blue,” Hannie joked.

They both laughed.

“Hey guys,” Carrie and I exclaimed.

“Hey to both of you too,” Cassie replied.

Hannie nodded.

“Is anyone getting anything?” I asked.

“These!” Cassie exclaimed.

“Nope,” Carrie replied.

“Are you kidding?” Hannie asked.

“Ok Cassie, hurry up cuz I wanna go to the Gap and none of us wanna buy anything.”

Hannie and Carrie nodded their heads in agreement for the Gap.

“Okies guys!” Cassie called when she finished her purchase.

We started walking towards the Gap.

On the other side of the mall, in the video game store, were the Backstreet Boys.

“And I want this, and this, and this, and this, and this, and this…” Nick said every time he passed a video game.

“Will he ever shut up?” Howie asked Brian.

“No,” Brian answered.

“I knew we shouldn’t have come in here,” Kevin said shaking his head.

“Ok, lets go,” AJ said, “Maybe Nick wont notice.”

The others nodded their heads and started walking out of the store.

“Wait, don’t leave me!” Nick yelled and ran after them.

“Where are we going now?” Kevin asked.

“Let’s go to the Gap!” Nick exclaimed.

Brian nodded his head.

“Alright,” AJ informed them, “the Gap it is.”

By that time we had reached the Gap.

“Look at these pants!” I yelled.

“Oh my god!” Cassie exclaimed.

“You look so perfect in those!” Carrie agreed.

Then I heard a scream.

I looked down and saw Hannie scramble into a circular ring of pants.

“Get out Hannie,” I ordered.

Hannie shook her head and said, “Whatever you do D, don’t look up.”

Whenever someone says that it’s like daring you to do it, I looked up and so did Carrie.

“Oh my god Tac,” she whispered, “it’s the Backstreet Boys.”

On the other side of the Gap the Backstreet Boys were having almost the same conversation.

“Guys, don’t look up,” AJ informed them.

Brian looked up.

“Oh my gosh, look Nick it’s that girl,” Brian whispered.

Nick looked up and smiled, he started walking our way but AJ pulled him back by the shoulder.

“Nick are you insane?” AJ asked.

Nick looked over his shoulder and then back at AJ and replied, “Maybe.”

“Don’t go over there Nick,” AJ warned him.

“Why?” Nick asked and pulled away seeing that AJ didn’t have an answer.

“Look,” Cassie exclaimed, “Nick’s coming over here.”

She and Carrie squealed.

Nick came over and stood right in front of me.

“Hi,” I said.

“I couldn’t help but wonder,” Nick informed me, “if you were the girl that’s the president of that music club.”

“Yeah that’s me,” I replied feeling so dumb only saying that to Nick.

“Oh wow that’s so cool,” Nick exclaimed, “we’ve heard so much about you and your club, haven’t we guys?” Nick looked at me and then at the other guys.

Brian looked back at Nick, where as Kevin looked down, Howie looked up, and AJ turned away.

Brian then walked over.

“That’s right Nick,” Brian agreed.

I looked at both of them and then over at Cassie and Carrie.

Cassie looked confused and Carrie was like running out of oxygen saying so many quiet ‘oh my gods’ that you couldn’t hear her.

Then I looked back at Nick and Brian.

Then I turned to Cassie and asked in a whisper, “Do you think Nick will let me give him a hug?”

“I guess so,” Cassie whispered back.

I went up to Nick and gave him a hug, it made me so happy and it felt like Nick was hugging me back.

I couldn’t see it, but Nick smiled at Brian and mouthed the words, ‘Look Bri, she’s hugging me.’

By that time Howie, Kevin, and even AJ came over. I stopped hugging Nick.

“I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced,” Kevin mentioned.

“Oh yeah,” I replied, “this is Cassie.” I pointed to my left.

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you,” Cassie told the Backstreet Boys.

They smiled.

“And this is Carrie,” I pointed to my right.

“Hi Carrie,” the Backstreet Boys said.

“Oh my god! This is so cool! I love you guys! I love you Brian!” Carrie screamed and ran up to Brian and gave him a hug.

Brian smiled.

After Carrie finished hugging Brian I went to introduce Hannie.

“And this is Hannie,” I pointed to the circular ring of pants.

AJ looked at me like I was insane and whispered to Nick, “What do you see in this girl, she thinks pants racks are her friends.”

“There has to be an explanation,” Nick whispered back.

I got down on my knees and pulled Hannie out from the circular ring of pants.

“But I don’t wanna get out,” Hannie whispered.

“They think I’m a nut case,” I whispered back.

“Alright, anything for a friend,” Hannie finally decided.

“Hi,” Hannie said after I got her out of the circular ring of pants.

The Backstreet Boys smiled.

“See I told you AJ,” Nick whispered.

AJ shook his head.

“And you are?” Howie asked.

“Oh, yeah,” I replied feeling stupid, “I’m Deanna, but you can call me D.”

Brian smiled directly at Nick.

Nick turned pink and quickly looked away.

“Hey guys,” Kevin asked, “wouldn’t it be cool if we went to one of their meetings and visited them?”

“Oh yeah,” Brian, Howie, and AJ agreed.

Nick smiled with agreement. His face was finally returning to its normal color.

“That’s a wonderful idea,” Cassie agreed.

“Where should we meet you?” Nick asked looking directly at me even though I hadn’t said anything.

I looked at Hannie quickly, my looked basically said ‘should I give them my address, or yours?’

Hannie nodded to my house, of course.

I quickly wrote my address on a piece of paper and said, “Here around 3:30 tomorrow.”

I handed the paper to Nick, who quickly looked at it.

He looked at Brian and smiled.

“Thanks babe,” Nick replied, “we’ll see you then.”

Brian smiled at us.

“Bye babe,” Nick said and added, “by the way the pants look good on you, you should get them.”

“See you later,” I called.

The other Backstreet Boys waved.

When they left I let out a sigh of relief, and then Carrie started laughing.

“What’s so funny Carrie?” I asked.

“That was cute,” She replied.

“It was so cute,” Cassie agreed, “Didn’t you hear D?”

“Hear what?” I asked.

“Nick called you ‘babe’,” Cassie replied.

“Yeah,” Carrie agreed jokingly, “I think he likes you.”

“How do you know?” I asked.

“When you introduced yourself and Brian smiled at him he turned pink,” Carrie replied, “and then he looked away.”

“Go buy the pants D,” Hannie urged me.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because he said they looked good on you,” All three of them replied.

Hannie then pushed me towards the cash register.

After I bought them Cassie smiled at me.

“What now?” I asked.

“I was just thinking how you’re probably gonna wear them tomorrow,” Cassie said.

I smiled back at her.

When I got home that night I opened the window and looked out at the stars, then I got thirsty and went downstairs to get lemonade.

When I got back upstairs I heard noises outside. I looked down and saw someone down there.
Chapter Five by nicksgal
I leaned my head out the window to see who it was and to hear what they were saying.

“Hey babe! You home?” I heard the person call.

I recognized the voice immediately.

“Yeah,” I called back.

“You gonna open the door, or do I have to climb your hair?” Nick asked jokingly.

“One second,” I answered.

I quickly went down the stairs, so fast I tripped on the last stair.

I then opened the door to an awaiting Nick.

“Hey I saw you trip, you ok?” Nick asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I replied.

“You’ve got a big place here, do you own it all by yourself?” Nick asked.

“No,” I replied, “my friend Sarah owns it too.”

“Do I get to meet her?” Nick asked.

“No,” I replied.

“Why not?” Nick asked looking sad.

“She’s on tour with her boyfriend,” I replied.

“Who’s her boyfriend,” Nick asked, “an NYSNCer?”

“No,” I replied, “Eminem.”

“Oh that’s cool!” Nick exclaimed.

“Yeah it is,” I agreed.

“Wouldn’t you love to have a famous boyfriend,” Nick asked me.

“Yeah, it’d be neat,” I replied.

Nick half nodded, half shook his head.

“Have you eaten dinner yet?” I asked Nick.

“Nope,” Nick replied, “What do you have?”

“I was planning on ordering in pizza, having only me it’s a meal I can have for a while,” I replied.

“I like pizza,” Nick agreed.

“Alright,” I replied, “do you wanna call?”

“Sure,” Nick replied.

“Ok, follow me,” I told him.

I started walking up the stairs to my room. Nick looked over his surroundings and followed me as fast as he could.

When we got up to my room I sat on my bed.

“There’s the phone,” I explained, “Go ahead and call.”

Nick picked up the phone and asked, “What’s the number for pizza?”

“There’s a list of important numbers next to the phone,” I pointed them out.

“Thanks,” Nick replied.

He looked at the list of numbers and dialed the pizza place.

“What kind of pizza do you want?” Nick asked.

“Cheese is fine,” I answered.

“Ok.” Nick replied and smiled.

“When’s the pizza gonna get here?” I asked after he hung up the phone.

“In half an hour,” Nick answered.

“That’s good,” I replied.

“Can I use your phone to call someone?” Nick asked.

“I don’t know what else you use a phone for,” I joked.

We both laughed.

“Sure,” I answered.

I started to leave the room, but Nick stopped me.

“No it’s ok, I’ll go,” Nick offered.

“It’s alright, you can sit in here,” I replied, “I have to go do something anyway.”

I walked out of the room into Sarah’s room. I missed her so much. I looked at her calendar. She left two moths ago. I flipped the calendar to next month. She’d be coming back on the 21, the day we didn’t have a meeting. I sat on her bed and looked around the room.

Back in my room Nick was talking to Brian.

“I don’t think she likes me Bri,” Nick said.

“Why not?” Brian asked.

“Cuz like, she won’t talk to me very much,” Nick answered.

“What do you mean by that?” Brian asked.

“I say a bunch of stuff and the longest thing she’s said is about me ordering pizza,” Nick answered.

“Have you even asked her out?” Brian asked.

“I asked her if she’d like to have a famous boyfriend when she told me her friend Sarah is going out with Eminem,” Nick answered.

“You didn’t ask her, you just dropped a hint,” Brian replied.

“So, isn’t it the same thing?” Nick asked.

“Not really,” Brian answered.

“So what am I supposed to do?” Nick asked.

“You could make a candle light dinner for two,” Brian suggested.

“How am I supposed to do that,” Nick asked, “I mean I don’t even know where her dishes are.”

“Look through her cabinets,” Brian answered.

“That’s mean,” Nick replied.

“What was I supposed to say, ask her?” Brian asked.

“I dunno,” Nick replied.

“Do you want Howie or Kevin’s help?”

“They know where I am?” Nick asked.

“They over heard you telling me where you were going and what you’re gonna do. They think you’re dumb, but they said if you had any problems they’d help,” Brian answered.

“Ok,” Nick replied, “does AJ know?”

“No,” Brian answered

“Ok,” Nick replied, “Let me talk to one of them.”

“Hi Nick,” Howie said.

“Help Howie, I need help,” Nick replied.

“You could take her out under the stars and recite poetry for her,” Howie suggested.

“What is that gonna do?” Nick asked sounding exasperated.

“I dunno,” Howie answered, “it just sounds cool.”

“Put Kevin on the line,” Nick told Howie.

“Hi Nick,” Kevin said.

“Please help me,” Nick pleaded.

“Have you tried just asking her out?” Kevin asked.

“No,” Nick answered.

“Just do that,” Kevin replied, “it always works.”

“Ok Kevin, I’m gonna believe you,” Nick replied.

“When you see us, will you tell us if you have a girlfriend?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah,” Nick replied.

“Alright, see you tomorrow,” Kevin said.

“Bye,” Nick replied and hung up.
Chapter Six by nicksgal
Then I walked back into my room.

“Pizza?” I asked.

“Oh yeah,” Nick replied, “I’m starving.”

As we ate our pizza I was thinking about Sarah and Eminem going out, and wishing that I were Nick’s girlfriend.

“You miss your friend,” Nick asked, “don’t you?”

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Is something else wrong?” Nick asked.

“Sometimes I wish I was in her place,” I answered, “that I had a boyfriend because it gets lonely over here sometimes.”

“Yeah,” Nick agreed, “sometimes I get lonely too. I’m barely ever home so I don’t really ever have a girlfriend.”

Hmmm, he gets lonely too. It would just be great if we were going out together.

“Speaking of going out I was wondering, do you have a boyfriend,” Nick asked.

“No,” I replied.

“Do you want one?” Nick asked.

“What do you mean?” I inquired.

“Well,” Nick started, “I was wondering if you would go out with me.”

I was shocked. A Backstreet Boy was asking me to go out with him. I was so surprised, and I didn’t know what to say. I just sat there in silence.

Nick must have taken my silence the wrong way.

“Well,” Nick said sounding very embarrassed, “thanks for the pizza. See you tomorrow, I guess.”

He looked so hurt, I wanted to go out with him, but how did I let him know?

“Wait,” I ordered.

“What?” Nick asked.

I saw him turn around, his eyes were full of tears and he looked embarrassed.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“I was,” Nick answered and turned away.

I don’t know what went through my mind at that moment but I leapt off the bed and ran to Nick and gave him a kiss on the lips.

I looked real quickly before I closed my eyes to see his reaction. His eyes got really big, and it was so cute.

When we stopped the kiss Nick asked, “Does that mean yes?”

I didn’t answer, but I smiled really big.

Nick hugged me.

“Do you want more pizza?” I asked.

“Anything to be with you,” Nick replied.

We laughed.

I loved spending that night with him, it was so wonderful. Around 11 Nick started to get up.

“Do you have to go now?” I asked.

“Not if you don’t want me to,” Nick replied.

He stood there and held my hand. I could see his eyes looked sad.

“I don’t want you to, but if you have to you can go,” I told him.

“I don’t want to go, but I have to,” He agreed sadly.

“You could come tomorrow,” I suggested.

“You mean earlier?” Nick asked.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Aright,” Nick asked, “is 8 good for you?”

“7:30 is better,” I answered.

Nick smiled.

“Alright, I’ll be here at 7:30 then,” Nick replied.

We then walked down the stairs together and out the door and I realized he brought his car.

“You brought your car?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Nick replied, “If I could stay I’d take you for a spin.”

“That’d be fun,” I agreed.

“Goodnight,” Nick said.

He kissed me one last time that night and then got in his car.

“Goodnight,” I replied.

“See you tomorrow,” Nick said.

“Yes, see you tomorrow,” I replied.

Then Nick drove away. I saw him wave out his window and I waved back. I imagined him smiling when he saw me wave through his review mirror.
Chapter Seven by nicksgal
When I got back inside I heard the phone ring.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Gee D, what do you do at night?” Michelle asked.

“Oh, hi Chelly!” I exclaimed.

“So what do you do?” Michelle asked.

Michelle, also known as Ciel or Sky, is a Nick fan. She really loves being in our club and loves the Backstreet Boys. She’d be excited that they were coming tomorrow.

“I was at the mall this morning,” I answered.

“That’s cool,” Michelle replied.

“No, it’s way better!” I exclaimed.

“Why?” Michelle asked.

“The Backstreet Boys were in the Gap and they knew who I was!” I answered.

“Oh my god! Are you serious?” Michele exclaimed.

“So serious. And Nick kept calling me babe,” I replied.

“Ooh, he likes you,” Michelle teased.

“I guess so,” I replied.

I didn’t want to tell her that we were going out, cuz she’d never believe me.

“One second,” Michelle informed me, “someone’s on the other line.”

Michelle left for a second and gave me time to think about how much I wished Nick were there, how much I missed him.

“Cassie wants me three way call her, okies?” Michelle asked.

“Okies,” I answered.

“Hello?” Cassie asked.

“Hi Cassie,” Michelle and I answered.

“Hey guys,” Cassie replied, “D can I ask you a question?”

“Sure,” I replied.

“Did you know that Nick likes her?” Michelle asked jokingly.

“Yeah, when D introduced herself and Brian smiled at him Nick turned pink,” Cassie replied, “and then he looked away.”

“He blushed? What?” Michelle asked.

“That was what my question was about D,” Cassie informed me.

“Okies,” I replied, “what is it?”

“Kelly said she was biking by your house and she saw you standing outside,” Cassie started.

“So I was standing outside,” I replied, “and your point is?”

“And she said she saw you by a car with another person, who looked like a guy,” Cassie continued.

“So I was standing by a car with a guy,” I replied, “what are you and Kelly getting at?”

“And she said you were really close together,” Cassie finished, “and you looked like you were kissing, and that the guy was blonde.”

“So?” I asked.

“Well, I was wondering if it was Nick,” Cassie informed me.

“What if it was?” I asked.

“I wanna know why he was at your house, how he found your address out,” Cassie answered, “So was it Nick?”

“Yes,” I whispered.

“Are you serious?” Michelle asked.

“Yes,” I answered.

“Why was he kissing you?” Michelle asked.

“Cuz…” I stopped. I liked my friends so much, but I couldn’t bear to tell them. I didn’t want them to hurt Nick, and I didn’t want to hurt them. I didn’t want to get hurt.

“Cuz why?” Cassie asked.

“You could ask him,” I suggested.

“Oh yeah, we’re gonna get a hold of him,” Michelle burst out and then laughed.

“It’s not funny,” I said.

“Why don’t you call him then?” Michelle asked.

I didn’t answer.

“Wait I have to go, D call Cassie and keep talking to her, okies?” Michelle said.

“Ok Chelly, see you later,” I replied.

“Bye Michelle,” Cassie said.

“Bye guys,” Michelle replied.

After Michelle hung up I called Cassie.

“Hiya D!” Cassie greeted me.

“Hi,” I replied.

“Tell me D, was that really you and Nick kissing?” Cassie asked.

“Yes,” I replied.

“You mean he really liked you,” Cassie asked, “That’s why he blushed?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “we’re going out.”

“Are you serious?” Cassie asked.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Did he actually come over to your house to ask you out?” Cassie asked.

“I guess so,” I replied.

“Oh my god D!” Cassie exclaimed.

“Yeah it’s great,” I said unhappily.

“What’s wrong D?” Cassie asked.

“I miss him,” I said.

“Poor thing,” Cassie replied, “you should call him.”

“I wish I could,” I replied.

“Maybe he gave you the number, look in your pockets,” Cassie replied.

“He did touch my butt,” I announced.

“Then look in your back pockets,” Cassie suggested.

I looked in my back pockets, in one I found nothing and in the other I found paper.

“I found something in my pocket!” I exclaimed.

“Read it,” Cassie prodded.

I then started reading the letter to Cassie.

“And it has a phone number and a room number,” I finished.

“D that’s fantabulos!” Cassie exclaimed.

“Why?” I asked.

“Cuz then you could call him and you’d be all happy again,” Cassie answered.

“But what if he doesn’t miss me,” I asked, “What if he doesn’t love me?”

“He wouldn’t blush every time Brian smiled at him if he wasn’t crazy about you,” Cassie answered.

“But what if he’s asleep,” I asked, “What if he’s mad at me?”

“What if he’s counting the hours until he sees you again and crying cuz he misses you so much?” Cassie returned.

“What if he doesn’t want to talk?” I asked.

“Then call me back,” Cassie answered.

I was silent for a minute. I was afraid of what could, what might, happen.

“Don’t worry D,” Cassie reassured me, “It’ll be ok. I promise.”

“Are you sure Cassie?” I asked.

“Of course D,” Cassie answered, “I’ll see you soon.”

“Ok, see you later Cassie.” I replied.

Then Cassie hung up. She and I knew that if she had said ‘see you later’ I would have stalled her so that she stayed on the line longer.

I quickly dialed in the telephone number and the room number and got through.

“Hello, Kevin speaking. May I help you?” Kevin asked.

“Yeah,” I replied, “I’d like to speak to Nick.”

“Alright one second,” Kevin replied.

The minute Kevin took the phone from his mouth I heard a weird sound, something like un-even breathing and wailing mixed together, like someone was crying.

Then I heard Kevin talk in the background.

“Nick,” Kevin said, “someone’s on the line for you.”

Then I heard the crying grow softer as the person began to speak.

“What if I don’t wanna talk?” Nick asked in between tears.

“It’s a girl Nick,” Kevin answered, “maybe it’s Deanna.”

“I don’t believe you Kevin,” Nick whined.

“See for yourself,” Kevin replied handing Nick the phone.

“Alright,” Nick sniffled, “But if it’s not D, I’m gonna hang up.”

I listened and only heard silence for a few seconds.

“Hello?” Nick asked, choking on the words.

“Nick,” I asked, “are you ok?”

“D,” Nick asked, “is that you?”

“Yeah,” I replied.

“I missed you so much.” Nick sniffled a tear.

“I missed you too,” I agreed.

“I missed you so much,” Nick replied, “that I cried.”

“Are you ok now?” I asked.

“Hey, I’m talking to you babe,” Nick answered.

I imagined him smiling through his tear stained face.

“Yeah,” I replied.

I smiled just at the thought of Nick.

“D?” Nick asked.

“Yeah?” I asked back.

“I need to go,” Nick informed me, “Kevin needs to use the phone to call Natalie.”

“Well, ok,” I replied, “I’ll see you at 7:30 later today.”

“Yeah,” Nick replied.

It made me sad that he had to leave, but I’d see him in 3 hours, I mean it was 4:30.

“I love you,” I told him.

“I love you,” Nick agreed.

“See you later,” I said.

I imagined Nick smiling, because I didn’t give him time to say anything. Most people don’t get this concept, but I think that when you say ‘Bye’ it means forever, so I say ‘See you later.’ And because people can’t grasp that concept, I hang up or walk away before they can say anything.

I couldn’t wait until 7:30. Then I could see Nick, my Nick, smiling again.
Chapter Eight by nicksgal
That day at 3:30, the other Backstreet Boys came over. What did Nick and I do all day? C’mon, I mean a star’s gotta have some secrets. When the Boy’s came over and saw Nick there, you should have seen the look on AJ’s face.

“Why are you already here Nick?” AJ asked.

What was Nick’s excuse? It had something to do with “being in the neighborhood.”

“I was in the neighborhood,” Nick replied, “so I decided to come over.”

Brian, Howie, and Kevin smiled because they knew the truth.

After that we left for the meeting, in the big, black bus. When we got there I immediately showed them the way to the clubhouse.

“First we jump over the fence,” I explained.

Then I tried jumping over the fence. Usually I can make it over, but today my leap didn’t carry me far enough and I couldn’t get over. Nick then jumped over and took my hand to help me over. It’s a good thing he helped me, otherwise I would’ve fallen on my face.

Then I took them over the river, actually it was more through, because Nick discovered something and Brian was being an idiot.

Nick and I were walking ahead of everyone so we reached the river first.

“Look D,” Nick exclaimed, “there’s rocks. Let’s walk over on them.”

I never noticed the rocks because I usually walk through the river.

So Nick and I walked on the rocks. Nick helped me all the way because I was being a klutz and kept falling off.

On the other side of the river was Brian being a nut.

“Look everyone I’m Richard Simmons!” Brian yelled.

AJ looked at Brian like he was nuts.

“Look I’m a magical pony!” Brian exclaimed and he galloped across the water.

Kevin and Howie thought it would be fun and galloped after Brian. AJ just mumbled to himself and walked across.

When we reached the clubhouse I noticed that Hannie had put up the window coverings. I smiled. Then I looked over and Nick was tiptoeing to the door.

“What are you doing Nick?” I asked rather loudly.

“Shhh,” Nick exclaimed, “The house is sleeping.”

I smiled. You must have thought that he thought the window shades were eyes, but of course, as always, he was joking.

When we walked in the door of the clubhouse the first thing Nick noticed was the food.

“Food!” Nick exclaimed.

I shook my head.

“Nick,” I replied, “I just fed you!”

“So,” Nick argued.

“You just ate,” I replied.

“But look,” Nick sweet talked, “the fishes have little happy faces.”

I shook my head once more, but I replied anyway.

“Alright Nick,” I replied, “you can eat the fishes.”

“Yeah!” Nick cheered.

He then kissed me on the cheek.

“This fish is named Nick,” Nick told me, “and this one is Deanna.”

“I thought you were Nick and I was Deanna.” I replied.

“No,” Nick informed me, “I am I and you are I2.”

I looked at him funny. Nick just smiled and continued his story.

“And they really love each other,” Nick continued.

He made the fish kiss each other. I laughed.

“One day they went swimming and ended up in my stomach,” Nick finished, eating the fish.

“Oh no!” I replied.

“It’s ok,” Nick assured me, “They’re together, so they’re happy.”

I smiled. Then Brian walked in.

“And this is Brian,” Nick told everyone. He held up a grape.

“I’m a grape?” Brian asked.

“No, you’re I3, Brian is a grape,” Nick answered, “and he’s a happy grape, because he has a wife and a daughter.”

Nick held up two other grapes, then threw them at Brian.

“Catch I3,” Nick yelled, “You don’t want everyone to fall.”

Brian caught all three grapes in his hands and ate them. Next, Howie walked in.

“And this is Howie,” Nick informed everyone, while holding up a cup of red juice.

“I thought I was Howie?” Howie asked sounding confused.

“No!” Nick yelled.

“Then who am I?” Howie asked.

“You’re I4,” Nick explained, “This is Howie!” Nick pointed to the cup of juice.

Howie looked at Nick oddly as he handed him the glass.

“Here,” Nick said.

After Howie finished drinking Nick started talking again.

“Poor Howie,” he said, “He’s all alone, because he doesn’t have a girlfriend.”

We all laughed at how Nick said that last sentence, even Howie.

“So,” Howie asked, “are you gonna give Howie a girlfriend?”

Nick thought about it for a minute and shook his head.

“No,” Nick replied, “this is better for him.”

Howie looked at him oddly. Then Kevin ran in panting.

“What's wrong Kevin?” Brian asked.

“AJ made me walk a mile cuz he said he heard water to the east,” Kevin answered.

“Yeah, there is water to the east,” Hannie clarified, “That’s the creek, it goes into the lake.”

Kevin let out a sigh and asked, “Do you have a chair I could sit in?”

“Yeah,” I replied, “You can sit in that blue one right there.”

Kevin nodded his head and sat down.

“Is AJ still out there?” Nick asked.

“Yeah,” Kevin replied.

“D,” Hannie told me, “We have to send the guys out soon so that it’s a secret that they’re here.”

“Where do we sit after we are ‘here’?” Howie asked.

“We were gonna let you sit in our officer chairs,” I told them.

“Oh no,” Nick exclaimed, “We can’t let you do that!”

“Hannie, can you get the extra chairs?” I asked.

Hannie nodded her head. She went to the back and got out a green chair, a yellow chair, a red chair, and two blue chairs.

“Is this good?” She asked.

The Backstreet Boys and I nodded.

They then took their chairs and headed outside behind the house, where no one goes.

Hannie and I then prepared for the meeting.

Once everyone had arrived we started the meeting.

“Attention!” I yelled.

Today I was only going to say it once. The time with the boys is precious. And I didn’t want to delay it any longer.

I looked out at everyone and saw that almost immediately, I had gotten their attention.

“Alright,” I asked, “is there any business?”

Carrie raised her hand and I nodded.

“When are you going to draw the name?” Carrie asked.

“Not yet,” I replied.

Carrie nodded.

“Any other business?” I asked.

Everyone else shook their heads. So I continued.

“And now,” I announced, “We would like to introduce you, to some friends of ours.”

I put my hand out to the door and right on cue the Backstreet Boys walked in with their chairs. Nick almost ran Brian over to sit on my right side. And once they were all settled the real fun began.

“Does anyone have any questions for BSB?” Hannie asked.

All of a sudden I heard a scream. I looked at Hannie, and she looked at me. And when I looked out at everyone else I saw terror.

I saw Mikka standing up on the little white table screaming. I saw Phanny and Cassie’s eyes get huge, as well. And when I looked at the corner I saw a giant albino spider.

I looked at Nick and he looked back at me.

“What’s that?” Nick asked.

“An albino spider,” I replied.

All of a sudden the spider jumped towards the table Mikka was on and she leaped off. And she jumped up so high that she almost touched the ceiling.

When Howie saw Mikka he shouted, “Don’t worry! I’ll save you!”

Howie got over to where Mikka was just in time and he caught her.

When Mikka noticed she was near Howie she stopped shaking and relaxed, but Phanny and Cassie were still scared.

I could see Phanny’s eyes moving back and forth, following the spider. And Cassie was just as scared, if not more.

The pupils in her blue eyes had turned into the spider. Her pupils moved up and down every time the spider moved. She sat there like that for two minutes, and then the spider jumped at her. Cassie’s eyes moved inward and she fell backwards, fainting.

Phanny managed to hide behind the desk and the spider didn’t notice her. After that, Hannie grabbed a tissue and put the spider outside.

“Wow!” Nick exclaimed and laughed.

“I can’t believe the spider did that,” I agreed.

“Maybe it’s Justin Timberlake in disguise,” Nick suggested.

“No wonder it was so scary!” I agreed.

We both laughed.
Chapter Nine by nicksgal
After everyone quieted down, either from laughing or screaming, you know, whatever works, Hannie asked again.

“Does anyone have any questions for BSB?” Hannie asked.

Jessie raised her hand and I nodded.

“Since I know that Kevin and Brian have wives,” Jessie asked, “I was wondering if the other three of you have girlfriends?”

Howie and AJ looked at each other, then at Nick. I guess Howie decided to continue.

“No,” Howie answered, then added, “And I actually haven’t had one for a while, but I’ve been looking.”

Then Howie looked at Mikka and Sauna, and smiled.

AJ looked at Howie, to ask, I guess, if he could continue. Howie nodded.

“Like Howie,” AJ replied, “I don’t have a girlfriend, and I haven’t had one for a while, but I’m also looking.”

He seemed to look out at Phanny, but I wasn’t quite sure.

Then everything was quiet for a minute, Nick was supposed to go, but he must not have been paying attention.

“NIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!” Jessie yelled so loud, I bet you could hear her all the way down the street. No! She’s always loud, so you could probably hear her all the way to the next city.

This startled Nick so badly, he looked like Phanny when the spider moved towards her.

I quietly muttered, to myself of course, “Everyone has their own private spider.”

“Do you have a girlfriend Nick?” Jessie asked again.

Nick looked at her, almost immediately his eyes got huge and the color slowly drained from his face. He was pale now, almost completely ghost white as Jessie stared at him. He didn’t know what to say. He looked at me, then at Brian. Then began to search for a friendly face in the crowd. He quickly found Cassie and Michelle sitting together near Carrie’s chair, at which point he looked up at Carrie. Then he turned to Hannie, who quickly looked away. He looked at all of the other Backstreet Boys, and he looked at Brian again. Then he turned to me. I saw his blue eyes turn sleek black with little light. I saw the fear he let out of those eyes. The fear ravenous wolves eat up. Jessie kept staring, waiting for an answer, and I swear I saw her licking her lips and grinning. Those wolves! Those ravenous wolves! Always after my Nick, always trying to scare him into their traps, to get him right where they want him. I started to speak, but I stopped myself, I think the reason Nick didn't tell them right away that it was me, was because he didn't want them to go after me for him. I stayed quite.

Nick looked at the ceiling then at the floor and mumbled, “Yes.”

“What?” Jessie asked.

I swear she licked her lips again, she looked as though she was a wolf or a tiger, waiting to pounce and kill her pray. Sitting at the edge of her seat, waiting for Nick to answer.

Nick lifted his head and said again in a quiet whisper, “Yes.”

Jessie smiled.

“Oh congratulations!” Kimmy agreed.

Nick smiled shyly, the color returning to his face.

“Thanks,” He replied.

“So, who’s the lucky girl?” Roxy asked.

“Yeah,” Lleigh agreed, “what’s she like?”

“Is she nice?” Regan asked in agreement.

“Would we like her?” Kristin asked as a follow up to Lleigh’s and Regan’s questions.

All right, fast quick, so you don’t miss anything. Jessie is a major Nick fan. She’s real nice and she’s such a sweetie, sometimes I swear she’s a wild animal, but oh well, we love her lots anyway. Kimmy is a sweet girl who doesn’t really have a favorite Boy, the music means more to her. She’s so nice, just like all of them. Everyone in the club is so nice. Roxy is a wonderful person, also a Nick fan. Completely sane, one of the few of us, and wonderfully nice. Lleigh, who is also sane, is also a Nick fan. I see a small pattern here. She also has a great sense of humor, same with many others in the club. But she still hasn’t taken us all to the bat cave, Lleigh? Regan, who is by far a very funny person, is our resident homecoming queen. She still loves the plastic crown we got her, she wears it everyday. She also likes Nick. Kristin, also called FrAcKsGrL, is one of the sweetest people I know and very funny. She used to live in the east coast, and actually got to watch TRL live, I think she misses it. She also likes Nick, funny, a pattern.

Nick looked at them. He looked scared again. He looked at me, then he looked up. I followed his gaze and saw what he saw. Nick saw the opened path to the opened door, he looked quickly at his watch. And looked at the door again.

I heard Lleigh whisper to Roxy, “Is it just me, or is he stalling?”

Nick looked at his hand, he quickly wrote words on it and flashed it to me. It read, “Meet me at the tree by the river as soon as you get out.” I noticed that the R’s and E’s were backwards, but no one is perfect. Then Nick looked at the door again, and with a sudden burst of speed he ran out the door. Jessie tried to catch his leg and stop him, but since she wasn’t strong enough, he kept running out the clubhouse.

I then watched him leave, it brought tears to my eyes that they were so nosy. Their comments brought him on the verge of fear, so he ran.

“Guess he doesn’t appreciate his girlfriend,” Jessie suggested.

I didn’t like that comment. I looked at my watch.

“This meeting is dismissed!” I announced and ran out the door as fast as I could to meet Nick.

As I ran to the tree I noticed Regan and Roxy out of the corner of my eye. They looked like they were trying to catch up with me, and they were doing it pretty fast. I ran faster, just to get out of their way. And then I saw Nick, I tried to stop him as he stepped out to greet me.

“Nick,” I informed him, “we have to go.”

“Why?” Nick asked.

“Cuz we do,” I replied.

I started tugging at his sleeve, trying to get him to move. Then I saw Roxy and Regan coming up. I looked at them for a while. And then, they noticed me standing near Nick.

“Nick,” I whispered, “Look they’re coming.”

“Oh no,” Nick exclaimed, “Not them!”

Then when I grabbed Nick’s sleeve he ran with me. We ran across the water, with the two of them following closely behind us.

As Nick and I neared the fence I jumped, and this time I made it over. Nick followed quickly behind me.

We then ran down the street as fast as we could. I heard Roxy yelling behind us.

“It would have been nice to say that we know her Nick!” Roxy yelled.

“Yeah!” Regan yelled right with her.

Then Lleigh and Kristin came up running.

“What’s all the yelling about guys?” Lleigh asked.

“Yeah,” Kristin asked, “what was it about?”

“Yeah?” Carrie, Cassie, and Michelle asked as they ran up.

“Nick could have told us,” Regan scowled.

Roxy nodded.

“Told us what?” Carrie asked.

“That’s D is his girlfriend,” Roxy replied.

Michelle, Cassie, and Carrie looked at each other like they were insane.

“Oh I thought it was going to be something important,” Michelle replied.

“Yeah,” Cassie agreed, “I mean we knew that a long time ago.”

Carrie nodded.

Roxy and Regan gapped at them.

“You mean D told you?” Regan asked.

“Actually,” Cassie started, “It’s a really long story involving the Gap, you really don’t want to know.”

Carrie started walking away, and then she turned as she saw Jessie run up.

“Hey guys what’s happening?” Jessie asked.

“Nick and D are going out,” Regan said solemnly.

“Did you guys know that your questions scared him?” Carrie asked.

“No,” Jessie replied.

“Why else do you think he ran out the door so fast?” Carrie asked.

“Yeah,” Cassie agreed, “I mean, all he was trying to do was to protect D.”

“Even though I asked a question,” Lleigh said, “I think I’ll stick with you guys on this one.”

“Yeah,” Kristin agreed.

Michelle nodded.

“Did you see which way they went?” Carrie asked.

Roxy pointed to the street we had taken.

“Thanks,” Carrie replied, “At least I know where they’re going.”

“Wait Carrie, don’t you think they don’t want you to go?” Cassie asked.

“You’re right,” Carrie agreed, “I’ll just walk over to D’s house with Sauna.”

After Sauna came Carrie slowly walked away, she seemed as if she were waiting for the others to go as well.

“You guys gotta promise that you won’t go after them,” Cassie informed them.

They nodded their heads. Carrie seamed satisfied and she left.
Chapter Ten by nicksgal
“So,” Nick asked, “where are we going?”

“The creek,” I replied.

“Why?” Nick asked.

“Cuz we feel like it,” I replied.

“That’s always a good answer,” Nick replied.

“I know,” I agreed.

The conversation was running dull. We were running out of things to talk about.

“So,” I asked, “what did you think of the meeting?”

“Not to be rude,” Nick started, “but I thought Jessie seemed like a wolf.”

Nick looked ashamed.

“It’s ok,” I informed him, “sometimes I think the same thing.”

We both laughed.

When we got to the creek Nick stuck his foot in the water.

“Why are you doing that?” I asked.

“I dunno,” Nick replied.

Then Nick jumped up. I looked at him funny.

“It was cold,” Nick explained.

I shook my head.

“This place is nice,” Nick said staring out at the water ahead of us.

I nodded my head.

“What’s that water over there?” Nick asked.

“Hannie’s lake,” I replied.

“She has a lake?” Nick asked.

“Yeah,” I replied, “but it’s fenced off.”

“Cuz it’s her property, right?” Nick asked.

“Right,” I answered.

“Darn,” Nick replied, “cuz I wanted to see it.”

I thought about it for a minute. Nick wanted to see Hannie’s lake. Wouldn’t Hannie let me in? I wondered…

“I think Hannie could make an exception…” I started.

“Really?” Nick asked.

“Sure,” I answered.

“Oh this is great!” Nick exclaimed.

We then walked over to the fence and I climbed over, Nick followed me. I then stepped out on to the big rock overhanging the lake.

“This is it,” I said as I spread my hand across the lake.

I looked back at Nick. His eyes widened with an expression of amazement. I followed his gaze to the water and the land. It was a vast wonderful place, like a painting. But since I had seen it so many times, without a person who hadn’t, it always seemed to me somewhat like a black and white film, like it wasn’t interesting. But with Nick by my side, the world changed. All the colors from my childhood were relived, the blues, yellows, greens, golds, reds, all were back in living color.

“This is beautiful,” Nick remarked

“I know,” I agreed with almost as much amazement as he had.

“I wish I could paint it,” Nick told me.

I nodded.

“This is my favorite rock,” I told Nick, “I remember the summers when Hannie and I would sit up here and talk of everything possible. I remember it all.”

“What else did you do?” Nick asked.

“We went swimming,” I answered, “I remember jumping off this rock, right here.”

“Wow,” Nick exclaimed, “ It must have been exciting.”

I nodded. I picked up a small rock. That’s why I never came back here. I had too many memories. After that summer things were never the same, nothing was ever the same.

“Had enough Nick?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Nick answered, “I don’t have my paints.”

We then walked away. As we left I threw the little rock to the water. I knew it landed and made ripples. One little rock causing so many ripples, one army causing so many wars, one person causing so many fights, me.
Chapter Eleven by nicksgal
When I got home I went up to my room. I was surprised that Sarah was coming back next weekend. It had been so long since I had seen her, and yet, she’d be coming home soon. I was sitting in the silence, enjoying the break when I heard a knock at the door.

“Ring! Ring!” I heard someone shout.

I knew it was Tic, you can tell her apart from anyone, and she’s my only friend who says ‘ring, ring.’

“I’m coming!” I shouted

I then opened the door.

“How are you?” Sauna asked.

“I’m good,” I replied.

“We’re sorry they treated you that way,” Carrie informed me.

“It’s all right,” I replied.

“Lleigh’s on our side though,” Sauna added.

I nodded.

I didn’t like this situation. Did they all think I couldn’t take care of myself? That I’m not strong enough? I didn’t know, but things sure seemed like that to me. Tic looked at me for a minute, since I was being silent. I had to say something fast, or things would get worse.

“Thanks for everything guys. I hope you have fun at the concert Tic,” I said.

“I’m going to the concert!” Carrie exclaimed and then screamed.

“I’m sorry I gotta go,” Sauna said, cutting off Carrie’s screaming.

“Okies Sauna. We’ll see ya later Tac. Bye,” Carrie agreed.

I closed the door. I was surprised at how hard it was to talk to my friends now. It seemed as if everything about Nick and I had to be a secret now, like I couldn’t tell my friends anything. Like I tell them anyway. Well, except Sarah, she’s the only person I ever tell anything. But, now she has Eminem, and well, I’m not really important anymore. Now the only person I can really tell anything to is Nick, but who wants to tell Nick all about our relationship, when he already knows.

I felt my head spinning. I couldn’t think anymore. I started walking to the couch but on the way there the room started spinning in circles, and I felt nauseous, and then so suddenly, you wouldn’t know it happened, the room turned black.
Chapter Twelve by nicksgal
I woke up later to the sound of voices, two girls and a guy, I thought.

“Is she gonna be ok?” the guy asked.

“Do you have the number to 911,” one of the girls asked, “do you know how to call it?”

“Gosh Carrie, I’m not that stupid,” the other girl replied, “911.”

As I sort of regained my consciousness I realized that the people were Nick, Carrie, and Sauna. I wanted to fall in my black world again. There no one bugged me about Nick, or anything really. It was very peaceful there.

“I’ll go get the phone,” Sauna said.

“And I’ll run over to Mikka’s house if we don’t need an ambulance,” Carrie told them.

“I’ll go with you Carrie,” Sauna said.

“Right,” Carrie agreed, “we’ll be right back Nick.”

“Alright,” Nick replied.

I heard the door close, I knew it was all right to open my eyes now. I flickered them and when I opened them I saw Nick. I was shocked, he wasn’t standing like I thought he was, but he was sitting on the floor next to me.

“Nick?” I asked.

“I’m right here D,” Nick answered, “don’t worry.”

I nodded.

“What happened D?” Nick asked.

My head hurt badly, I didn’t exactly know what had happened to me, but I did know that it hurt.

“Don’t know do you?” Nick asked.

He had answered his own question.

“How did you get here?” I asked.

“I was on my way here and I met Sauna and Carrie,” Nick explained.

I nodded.

“Anyway,” Nick continued, “they followed me to your door and when we got here I knocked around 10 times and there was no answer.”

I nodded.

“So Carrie got all freaked out and grabbed the key from under the mat,” Nick finished, “and when we got in here you were on the floor unconscious.”

I nodded. At that point I tried to get up, but I fell backwards.

“Woah, easy,” Nick told me, then asked, “Do you remember anything that happened before you fainted?”

I tried to remember. I was thinking about something, well a lot of things. And I felt sick so I went to sit down and the room started spinning, and then everything went black.

“Do you D?” Nick asked again.

“Well, I was thinking about a lot,” I started.

“There’s a start,” Nick replied.

I smiled and continued, “And then I felt sick, so I went to sit on the couch.”

Nick nodded.

“But before I got there the room stated spinning, and then everything went black,” I finished, “And that’s all I can remember.”

“Yeah,” Nick agreed, “it looked like you fainted.”

I nodded.

“Do want any water or anything,” Nick asked, “can I get you anything?”

“I’d like to get off the floor,” I answered.

Nick then helped me on the couch and got me some water.

While I was drinking my water Nick asked, “What were you thinking about that made you faint?”

“About our relationship, how everybody’s glad we’re happy, but doesn’t want us to be together, and things like that,” I answered

“That’s a lot for one person to think about,” Nick replied.

I nodded.

“Tell you what,” Nick suggested, “how about from now on, you just worry about yourself, ok?”

I nodded.

“If there’s relationship problems like that, we’ll think about them together, ok?” Nick finished.

I nodded in agreement, I was too tired to argue. I think I fell asleep right after I nodded.

After I fell asleep Mikka, Carrie, and Sauna came.

“Oh my god Nick is she ok?” Carrie asked.

“Huh?” Nick asked startled, I guess he was falling asleep too.

“Is D ok?” Carrie asked again.

Nick nodded and answered, “Yeah, she’s fine.”

“Do I need to call 911?” Sauna asked franticly.

“No,” Nick answered, “D’s fine.”

“What do you need me to do then?” Mikka asked.

“Make sure that she’s ok,” Carrie answered, “that nothing’s wrong with her.”

Mikka nodded.

“So, do I need to call 911?” Sauna asked again.

Mikka shook her head.

“No,” Carrie told Sauna, “not yet.”

“Do you know what happened?” Mikka asked the three of them.

Carrie and Sauna shook their heads.

“Yeah,” Nick answered, “she had a lot on her mind, and I guess sometimes that can cause people to feel nauseous.”

“So, what you’re saying is that she fainted?” Mikka asked.

“Yeah, that’s pretty much how I see it,” Nick agreed.

“Is she hurt anywhere?” Mikka asked.

“I dunno,” Nick answered, “I never asked.”

Mikka slapped her head.

“Nick,” she replied, “that’s the first thing you ask after a victim has fallen unconscious.”

“I asked her what happened first,” Nick replied in disagreement, “then I tried to make her comfortable. I think that’s more important.”

“So she has a pulse, and she’s breathing?” Mikka asked.

“Yeah,” Nick answered, “she woke up.”

Mikka nodded.

“So I don’t need to call 911?” Sauna asked.

“No,” Mikka replied, “but you could check the floor to see if anything’s on it.”

“There’s nothing,” Carrie answered, “the floor’s spotless.”

“Then everything should be fine,” Mikka told them.

Nick nodded.

“If there’s any problems later you just let me know,” Mikka explained, “I’ll be at home.”

Then Mikka walked out the door.

“We’d better be going too Nick,” Sauna agreed, “my mom’s probably gonna ground me. I’m so late.”

Then Sauna raced out the door.

“Wait up Sauna!” Carrie called after her, running out the door as she said it.
Chapter Thirteen by nicksgal
I woke up much later, I think. I was still on my couch and Nick was still there, sleeping like a little angel. He must’ve been pretty tired after what happened. I started to get up and Nick stirred. It was a warm October day, actually by the time on the clock I guess it was turning into a warm October night.

It was around dinnertime. I imagined Sauna sitting at the table with her family and Carrie doing the same. And Mikka sitting down with her family and Phanny. It would be time for me to do the same, but I was at a loss of what to make. I couldn‘t make warm food, it was too warm out for that. The pizza was gone and I didn’t want to order more. I was at a loss of food in my cabinets, except for Mac & Cheese, I guess that’d have to do.

About a half-hour later Nick came in the kitchen.

“I couldn’t help but wonder if you were cooking something,” Nick told me.

His eyes sparkled as he said it. It’s amazing what sleep does to people, maybe that nervous wreck Hannie should get more.

“Of course Nick,” I replied, “what’d you think I was doing?”

Nick shrugged.

“I hope you don’t mind,” I explained, “it’s all I have.”

“Nope,” Nick agreed, “it’s fine.”

We sat in the kitchen with our food and talked.

“Well that was a wild day,” Nick commented.

I was about to respond when the phone rang.

“I’ll go get that,” I told Nick.

When I got to the phone I picked it up.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hi D!” Sauna exclaimed.

“What do you want Sauna?” I asked.

“It’s ok everyone,” Sauna yelled, “D’s ok!”

I heard cheering in the background.

“Listen D…” Sauna started.

I hung up before she finished, so I have no idea what she was going to say. Then I walked back to the kitchen.

“Who was it?” Nick asked.

I thought about it for a moment, then answered, “Solicitors.”

“Oh I hate them,” Nick replied with a scowl.

“Me too,” I agreed.

We sat back down to our dinner.

“What were you going to say before the phone rang?” Nick asked.

“I was just going to agree with you,” I answered.

“I know,” Nick replied, “cuz I’m always right.”

I laughed at his comment and dumped macaroni on his head.

Then we both laughed.

“Oh, Bri’s gonna love me when I get back to the hotel,” Nick commented.

“Why?” I asked.

“Cuz I smell like Mac & Cheese now,” Nick answered.

“Do you wanna wash it out or something?” I asked.

“That’d be nice,” Nick agreed.

We laughed again.

Nick ran up the stairs to the bathroom. He’d be surprised to find out that he would not only have to wash the smell out, but some macaroni and cheese too.

“Is it out?” Nick asked when he came back down.

I shook my head.

Nick moaned and sank down to the floor.

“You could have Brian pick it out for you,” I suggested, and laughed at my own joke.

Nick looked up at me, and he looked as though he were going to hit me. I cringed inside and jumped backward.

“What?” Nick asked.

“Nothing,” I answered.

Nick then got up and patiently tried to take the macaroni out of his hair. It was pretty funny thinking that if Brian were anywhere near he’d probably come over and eat the macaroni, right out of Nick’s hair. I quietly giggled.

“Awww,” Nick whined, “I think I’d better go.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Gotta get ready for the concert,” Nick answered.

“But it’s not ‘till…” I started.

“I know it’s not ‘till tomorrow,” Nick interrupted me.

Why would they need to prepare for something that wasn’t until the next day, I wondered.

“We have to do some things with the venue and stuff,” Nick told me, “that’s what we have to do.”

I gasped. It was like he’d read my mind, like he knew what I was thinking.

“No, I don’t know what women want,” Nick joked.

Yet again, being the mind reader.

“How did you do that,” I asked, “how’d ya do that both times.”

“Well, the first time I figured you wanted to know why we were going today when the show wasn’t until tomorrow,” Nick answered.

“And?” I asked.

“And the second time you gasped, so I figured that’s what you were thinking, so I joked about it.”

I nodded.

“Well, I’ll see you later,” Nick told me.

I waved.

What he had said made sense to me, I mean it probably was obvious to what I was thinking. But what if he really could read my mind? That’d be just a little freaky.

As Nick left he called behind him, “I seriously don’t know what women want.”

I laughed and waved see you later to him.

Nick waved back as he hopped into his car and drove away.
Chapter Fourteen by nicksgal
It was the next day and I had to get ready for the concert. I didn’t know what to wear, because now I wasn’t just going as a BSB fan. I had too much to prepare, and then there was Mikka’s advice, “Don’t do anything too stressful, we don’t want that to happen again.” But, I seriously needed something to wear, I’d just wear my pants and a shirt, I guess.

Sometime around six I had to go pick up Carrie. But it would be just me picking her up, not Nick and I. But until I went to pick Carrie up I’d be board to death, there is seriously nothing to do in my house. I can’t write in my diary, it’s perfectly up to date. I can’t clean house, it’s already clean. I can’t call Nick, he’s probably already busy with venue and concert stuff.

Just as I was thinking that, the phone rang.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey D, what’s up?” Nick asked.

“Not much,” I replied, “where are you?”

“Well, the street starts with a K and it’s near a park,” Nick answered.

“You’re near my house!” I exclaimed.

“Good job!” Nick exclaimed.

“Don’t you have to be at the venue?” I asked.

“Naw,” Nick answered, “not for a couple more hours.”

“But that’s still only at five,” I questioned.

“I know,” Nick replied.

“But the concert doesn’t start until seven,” I disagreed, “and I don’t pick Carrie up until six.”

“And your point is?” Nick asked.

“It’s early,” I answered.

“Not really,” Nick replied, “We gotta make sure everything’s working right, then we gotta make sure everything is accessible, and then we gotta make sure all our costumes are there…”

And then Nick listed a whole bunch of other things that were necessary before the concert took place.

“Oh,” Nick realized, “I’m outside your house now, I’ll see you in a second, bye.”

Then Nick hung up. I looked out the window to make sure that he was really there. He was. I ran down the stairs and opened the door before Nick even knocked.

“Nice timing.” Nick commented.

I smiled.

“So, why are you here?” I asked.

“I came to pick you up,” Nick answered, “why else would I be here?”

“I dunno,” I replied.

Nick nodded.

“So, how’d the macaroni incident go over?” I asked.

Nick laughed, then replied, “Actually it was pretty funny.”

“Oh really?” I asked.

“Yeah, I walked in and you should’ve seen Brian, he was smelling everywhere and then he said ‘Who brought Mac & Cheese,’” Nick told me, “It was the funniest thing on earth.”

“Wouldn’t he know it was you though?” I asked.

“No he was the first one there,” Nick answered, “the rest of the guys came in before me.”

“So how come he didn’t know it was you?” I asked again.

“Ok Kevin, Howie, AJ, and our stage manager all came in before me.” Nick explained.

“So he could smell it all the way down the hall?” I asked.

Nick nodded.

“Ewwwww!” I exclaimed.

Then we both laughed.

“Yeah, I know,” Nick agreed, “weird isn’t it?”

“No kidding,” I agreed, then asked, “What did he do?”

“He called all the other guys and our stage manager over and he smelled around them, and he was so upset when none of them had it,” Nick answered, “then I picked the perfect moment to come in…”

“Did he know it was you?” I asked.

“Oh yeah,” Nick exclaimed, “when I walked in he ran over to me and jumped up and down asking ‘Did you bring me Mac & Cheese, did you bring me Mac & Cheese,’ and I shook my head, he looked pretty upset…”

“Did he look in your hair?” I asked.

“Not intentionally, but he thought maybe someone was bringing it, so he looked above my head, and then he looked down and he saw the macaroni,” Nick answered, “then he picked out every piece and ate it, he looked like a monkey.”

We laughed.

“Later Howie asked me what happened, and I told him that you dumped macaroni on my head,” Nick explained, “he wouldn’t stop laughing at me for some reason.”

I smiled.

“So D,” Nick asked, “what do you wanna do?”

“I dunno,” I replied.

“Maybe we could go to the creek,” Nick suggested.

“Alright, just let me get dressed,” I replied.

“But you are dressed,” Nick said confused.

“Yeah, but not for the concert,” I replied.

“You look fine,” Nick told me.

“No I don’t, I don’t look fine,” I disagreed, “this shirt doesn’t match these pants, my hair’s a mess, I can’t find my shoes…”

“Maybe I could help you,” Nick suggested.

“Ok,” I replied.

We started walking up the stairs.

When we got to my room Nick asked, “So you wanna wear the pants?”

I nodded.

“Um, ok, where do you keep your shirts?” Nick asked.

“In the third drawer,” I answered.

Nick started pawing through the drawer and tossing things out, my room looked worse then it did when I tried to decide what to wear. After about ten minutes Nick had thrown out at least thirty shirts, if not more.

“Any of those would be fine,” Nick told me.

I looked at all the shirts and asked, “So which one am I supposed to wear?”

“Whatever one you want to,” Nick answered.

I looked at all the shirts, then I looked at Nick.

“Ok, what color are your pants?” Nick asked.

“Kaki,” I replied.

“So what color do you usually wear with them?” Nick asked.

“Usually black, white, blue, or green.” I answered.

Nick then sorted through his pile of shirts. And when he finished there was amazingly only five shirts left, two black ones, two white ones, and a blue one.

“What do you think?” Nick asked.

“Bravo,” I answered, “but are there any you would suggest not wearing?”

“Yeah,” Nick replied, “I wouldn’t wear the black ones, because you could get over-heated with the lights and all the people.”

“Ok,” I agreed.

Nick then put the two black shirts away. Then we had to eliminate either two white shirts or a blue shirt and a white shirt.

“Would you say white or blue?” I asked Nick.

“I would personally go with blue, because it’s the color of the ocean and it’s a color, where as white is a shade, but that’s just me.”

I nodded and picked up the blue shirt.

“Thanks Nick, you’re good at this,” I told him.

“You’re welcome,” Nick replied, then added, “I know a lot more things like this also, being friends with AJ helps me learn these things.”

I smiled.

After I got my shirt on, Nick kindly helped me find my shoes. Then he patiently waited while I put my hair into a ponytail and brushed my teeth.

“You look nice,” Nick commented when I was finished.

I smiled.

We started walking down the stairs. When we got to the door I stopped to grab my car keys.

“What are those for?” Nick asked.

“So I can pick up Carrie and get to the concert,” I answered.

“Don’t bother,” Nick replied, “I brought my car.”

“You mean, you’ll let me and Carrie in it?” I asked.

“Of course,” Nick answered, “I love you, and Carrie’s your friend, of course I’ll let you two in.”

I smiled and put my car keys down. As we left I locked the door.

“This is such a cool car!” I exclaimed.

“All Durangos are,” Nick agreed.

We then got in the car and drove to the creek.
Chapter Fifteen by nicksgal
Around 4:30 we left the creek to go pick up Carrie. I remembered forgetting to tell her that we were coming earlier, but I let the memory slide. When Nick and I were together, I dunno, I feel weird inside and I forget things. It’s weird, but anyway. When we arrived at Carrie’s house we were met by a surprise.

“Do you want me to come along D?” Nick asked.

“No,” I replied, “Carrie’s mom will probably badger you for an autograph or something.”

Nick nodded.

I then went up to the door and rang the bell.

“Yes?” Carrie’s mom asked as she opened the door.

“Hi, I’m Deanna…” I started.

“Oh you’re Carrie’s little friend,” Carrie’s mom interrupted.

That made me mad. Referring to me as little, I mean I would be 21 in December, and that’s not little at all.

I didn’t say any of this out loud however, I just nodded.

“What are you here for?” Carrie’s mom asked.

“I’m here to pick up Carrie,” I answered.

“But that’s not until seven, you really shouldn’t come until six to pick her up,” Carrie’s mom told me, “So why are you here so early?”

I had to think quickly. I couldn’t tell her that Nick was my boyfriend and he was taking us. She wouldn’t believe me.

“It’s a VIP thing I got, meet the Boys,” I lied.

“Oh she’ll love that,” Carrie’s mom replied, “She’s upstairs in her bedroom.”

I quickly went upstairs to Carrie’s room. I knew exactly where it was, since I’d been there so many times, I don’t even remember how many.

When I got up there I heard someone talking.

“Brian, which shirt do you think the real Brian will like,” the person asked, “this one, or this one?”

It had to be Carrie, no one else talked to Brian posters in her house, well at least I hope not.

Carrie paused for a minute then replied, “Oh I know, I can’t decided either.”

I then knocked on the door. Carrie jumped, looking quite startled.

“Oh Tac,” she exclaimed, “I thought you weren’t coming until six.”

“Change of plans,” I replied.

“What do you mean?” Carrie asked.

“We’re going to the venue now, c’mon,” I answered.

“But I’m not ready,” Carrie complained, “I don’t know what shirt to wear.”

“Are you ready otherwise?” I asked.

Carrie nodded.

I then looked at the shirts. One was black and the other was yellow.

Carrie held up the shirts, seeming to ask, which one?

“The yellow one,” I answered, “you could get over heated wearing the black one.”

Carrie nodded and replied, “Oh yeah, I should’ve thought of that a while ago.”

“Tell ya what,” I told her, “the car’s outside. I’ll be there, come down when you’re ready.”

Carrie nodded.

I then went downstairs and back to the car where Nick was.

“Let me guess,” Nick started, “trouble deciding what shirt to wear.”

I nodded.

“What is it with you guys and the shirts?” Nick asked.

I shrugged.

“I mean, I seriously thought you all looked fine at the meeting.” Nick finished.

“Really?” I asked.

“Well, except you…” Nick started.

“What, what, was I ugly?” I asked cutting him off.

“Naw, you were beautiful,” Nick disagreed.

I giggled and then he kissed me.

After we finished I turned and saw Carrie running down the steps.

“Hey Tac,” Carrie asked, “how come you’re in the passenger seat?”

Must have been dark out, I guess. Well, yeah. Winter in Colorado is dark. I giggled, then Nick turned on the headlights.

“Surprise, surprise,” He said.

“Oh wow,” Carrie exclaimed as she got in the backseat, “Is this some kind of ‘meet the Boys’ thing?”

I smiled.

“Naw,” Nick disagreed, “It’s a ‘you’re friend is going out with a Backstreet Boy so he gets you in early’ kind of thing.”

Carrie and I laughed at Nick’s joke.

As Nick was starting up the car he said, “I’m seriously not that funny you know.”

I shook my head, “Yeah, and you want us to think you don’t know what women want,” I joked as I turned up the radio.
Chapter Sxiteen by nicksgal
As we were driving to the venue, the other Boys seemed to be having an argument about Nick’s whereabouts.

“Where is that slacker?” AJ asked as he was rising Brian and Howie up for what would be the performance of How Did I Fall In Love With You.

“I dunno,” Kevin said as he checked the piano.

“Think he’s off chasing after that club girl?” AJ asked.

“Probably not,” Brian answered.

“Why would you say that?” AJ questioned.

“Oh I have my reasons,” Brian said as he smiled at Howie.

“I wonder what Mikka’s doing?” Howie asked Brian.

“Who is Mikka?” AJ asked.

“You know, Mikka,” Howie answered.

“No really who is she?” AJ asked again.

“Never mind!” Howie answered haughtily.

Kevin laughed.

“So Brian,” Howie asked, “what do you think Mikka is doing?”

“Probably moping because Carrie’s going to this concert and Phanny’s going to the next one, and she’s not going to either,” Brian answered.

Kevin nodded.

“Who is Phanny?” AJ asked (pronouncing it like Fanny).

Howie shook his head.

“It’s Phanny!” Kevin yelled.

“Yeah, I wonder what Amy is doing,” Brian added in agreement.

“Or Jojo,” Kevin added.

“Or April,” Howie continued.

“Or Katy,” Kevin added, “just for AJ.”

“Oh, oh,” Howie exclaimed, “or what about Sauna.”

“Or Phanny,” Kevin added, “also just for AJ.”

“Oh,” Brian exclaimed, “what about Carrie.”

“Or Kimmy,” Howie added excitedly.

“Oh,” Kevin continued, “then there’s Roxy, Regan, Lleigh, Kristin, Cassie, Michelle, and Jessie.”

“Who are all these people?” AJ asked.

“Don’t you know them?” Kevin returned.

“Not that I know of,” AJ answered.

He then stared at Kevin with a glare.

Howie noticed the uncomfortable tone and changed the subject, well actually continued listing people.

“And what about Deanna?” Howie asked.

“Oh that wonderful girl,” Brian added.

Um ok, before things get ugly I might as well introduce the four people who have been mentioned, but not already introduced. Amy, also know as Ames or the tiger, is one of are very wonderful club members. She’s real great. She shares a close relationship with Cassie and our friend Stephy. Jojo, the oldest member of our club, likes U2, BSB, and Savage Garden. She sometimes disagrees with the fact that I am president, because she is older. Hey back off girly, just kidding. April is a wonderfully nice person who likes Howie, but thinks that she’s gonna marry Tom Cruise. Hey I thought Tom was married? Whatever, she could make Tom into a very good man. I’m kidding, he’s not that bad. Katy, also called Puff, is the other resident AJ fan, sure there’s tons, just not in the club. She is nice, just like the lot of them. Well, except Hannie. I’m kidding Hannie. Anyway. Katy is great! Ok, now back to things getting ugly…

“Wonderful?” AJ asked.

Brian then realized what he had said and clapped his hand over his mouth.

AJ stopped rising up the stage and asked, “How do you know she’s wonderful?”

“Uhhh…” Brian stammered.

“Howie, Kevin, how does Brian know this?” AJ asked.

“Why are you asking us?” Kevin asked.

“You two seem to be more informed then me,” AJ answered.

“So what are you asking us?” Howie asked.

“What does Brian know?” AJ asked.

Howie then looked at Kevin, and Kevin looked back at Howie. Then together they both looked at Brian. However none of them answered.

“Forget it guys,” AJ said as he stormed off.

After AJ walked off we came in singing Rollin’ by Limp Bizkit.

“So Nick,” I asked, “you can sing, but can you drive?”

Nick stopped and thought about it for a moment then answered, “Obviously not because there’s a dent in someone’s car out front.”

“Is there really?” Carrie asked sounding shocked.

“No,” Nick answered, “if there was you would’ve felt it, because you were in the back.”

Carrie nodded.

“Hey guys wassup!” Nick yelled as we entered the arena.

“Well, if we’re being technical…” Howie started.

“We are,” Brian exclaimed sounding very frightened, “get us down!”

“Uh, Brian buddy,” Nick started, “you know I would, but the problem is…”

“Is what, what?” Howie asked.

“I don’t know how to work the controls,” Nick finished.

“Great,” Brian exclaimed, “are you meaning to tell me that we’re stuck up here!”

“You mean both you and Kevin don’t know how to work the controls?” Howie asked.

“And the stage hands don’t come for another fifteen minutes!” Brian yelled.

I then went over the controls. When I got there I said, “Hold it guys, this can’t be too hard, all I do is pull the lever, right?”

“Yeah,” Howie answered, “how did you know?”

“When my dad was a stage hand I got dragged there a lot and most things that raised up were operated by a lever. The sound for headphones, is operated by sound keys. Things that come down from the ceiling are usually operated by pulleys. And things that fly across the audience are operated by buttons that cause the electrical wire to pull them forward,” I answered.

“How, how did you know all that?” Brian asked.

“I told you my dad was a stage hand,” I answered.
Brian nodded.

“So how many different things raise up?” I asked.

“The center part of the stage,” Brian answered, “and some other parts.”

I nodded.

“Just experiment with levers,” Howie suggested.

I quickly pulled the first lever I saw then asked, “What moved?”

“Another part of the stage,” Brian answered.

After moving the other piece of the stage back up I looked at the levers. I noticed that there were several levers around a middle lever, then I remembered what Brian had said about center stage, and then some other parts.

“Hang on guys,” I announced, “I think I found our lever.”

Then I jerked down on the lever.

“Howie, we’re moving,” Brian commented then said again with more excitement, “Howie we’re moving!”

“Yes we are!” Howie exclaimed.

“When are we going to stop moving?” Brian asked.

“I think it will be level with the rest of the stage when it hits the yellow line,” I answered.

“What yellow line?” Brian asked after looking for a yellow line.

“Over here on the control panel,” I answered, “not on the stage.

Howie nodded.

“Almost there guys?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Howie answered.

“Yeah, I was right,” I agreed, “the yellow line is where it’s level with the stage.”

When the lever reached the yellow line I stopped, then Brian and Howie ran down to where I was.

“Bless your soul!” Brian exclaimed.

“Yeah,” Howie agreed, “we thought we’d be stuck up there.”

“Thank god somebody knew how to get them down.” Kevin agreed.

“Wow Tac that was great!” Carrie exclaimed.

“Hey Nick,” Brian suggested, “maybe we should let her, you know…”

Nick nodded.

“Oh that’s cool!” Howie exclaimed.

“D,” Nick said, “we want you to do the controls tonight.”

“Are you serious, me?” I asked.

“No way!” Carrie exclaimed.

“Why not?” Kevin asked.

“She’ll miss the concert,” Carrie argued.

“No,” Nick replied, “just during the beginning of the show.”

“Then what would she get to do?” Carrie asked.

“A lot,” Nick answered.

“Like what?” Carrie questioned.

“D would get to fly us out, set the sound mixes we each hear, and start the fire, which is the coolest part,” Nick answered.

I laughed. Yeah, all boys think the fire is the coolest part.
Chapter Seventeen by nicksgal
When the stage hands came the Boys stuck around for a little bit, then they had to leave so that they could get changed for the opening of the show. The stage hand named Mike showed me how to work the flying things and how to set the sound mixes.

“I would show you how to work the fire now,” Mike explained, “but it stays on for a certain amount of time and you can’t turn it off.”

I nodded then asked, “So what control is it?”

Then Mike pointed to the only red button on the screen. I nodded.

“Oh and one more thing Deanna,” Mike said.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“When you fly the Boys out the order they come in is Kevin, then Nick and Brian, then Howie and AJ.”

I nodded.

“Oh and in the beginning if you talk into the microphone on your headphones the Boys can hear you,” Mike told me.

“Cool!” I exclaimed.

“But as you set the sound mixes they won’t be able to hear you any more,” Mike explained.

I nodded then asked, “Do I have to set the sound mixes in any particular order?”

“No,” Mike answered, “you just have to set them all.”

I nodded.

It was almost time to fly the Boys out, I had five minutes to talk to them. I put on the headphones and began to talk.

“Ok, can you guys hear me?” I asked.

“Loud and clear momma bird,” Nick answered.

“What?” I asked.

“It’s your code name,” Nick answered, “and I’m the flying drums.”

“Oh really?” I asked.

“No,” Nick answered, “I was kidding.”

“What Nick means is that we can hear you fine,” Brian told me.

“Ok,” I replied, “So who wants what sound mixes?”

The Boys all started talking at once.

“Ok, guys one at a time,” I broke in.

“I want me and the piano,” Kevin answered.

“Me and Nick,” Brian answered.

“Me and Howie,” AJ answered.

“Me and Brian,” Howie answered.

“Me and the drums,” Nick answered.

I nodded.

“Ok guys, are you ready to fly?” I asked.

“Cowabunga dudes!” Nick yelled.

“D,” Brian told me, “when you go to California with Nick, whenever it might be, don’t let him watch that show.”

I laughed then agreed, “Alright Brian.”

“Good,” Brian agreed.

“Alright guys, here we go,” I told them.

I then pressed the navy button and Kevin flew out into the audience, you could hear all the girls scream, even with the headphones on. I then pressed the blue button and the green button together, while still pressing the navy button, and Brian and Nick flew out. The girls screamed even louder. I then pressed the red button and the yellow button together and Howie and AJ flew out. The minute AJ’s feet touched the stage, I started the fire. When the music started I talked once more and then started the sound keys.

“Good luck guys,” I said, “AJ, here’s your sound.”

I then made the sound for AJ.

“Brian, here’s yours,” I told him.

I made Brian’s sound.

“Howie, here’s yours,” I told him.

Then I made Howie’s sound.

“Kevin,” I said, “here’s yours.”

I then put in Kevin’s sound.

“I love you Nick, don’t say anything or the audience will hear you,” I told him.

I imagined Nick nodding, or smiling.

“Nick, here’s your sound,” I finished, “I love you.”

I then set Nick’s sound and took off my headphones, then Mike came over.

“Deanna, you’re great!” He exclaimed.

“Thanks,” I replied.

“If you come along with the rest of the tour will you do this at the beginning of all the shows?” Mike asked.

“If it’s alright with the guys,” I answered.

“I’ll ask them, but if they say you can will you?” Mike asked.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“Great!” Mike exclaimed.

I smiled.

“The security will take you to your seat,” Mike told me as he manned the controls.

After the security guard came he sat me down.

“What did you do?” one of the girls in the second row asked me.

“Oh my god,” Carrie exclaimed, “D you were great!”

I smiled and went back to the concert.

When the concert was over security pushed all the fans outside, except I was grabbed by one of the security guards and pulled out back where Nick was waiting with his car.

“C’mon D!” Nick yelled when he saw us.

I ran up to Nick and kissed him.

“D you were great,” Nick told me, “you did even better then Mike.”

I laughed. I bet I didn’t, but it was a nice compliment anyway.

“No,” Nick repeated, “you seriously did better then Mike.”

We then got into Nick’s car and drove to Carrie’s house.
Chapter Eighteen by nicksgal
When we got to Carrie’s house Carrie told me to come out of the car.

“My mom’s been bugging me about going to the concert for weeks,” Carrie explained.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“She said that I shouldn’t get to do things off of other people’s money,” Carrie answered.

“It’s fine, none of us mind,” I replied.

“Please come in and tell her that,” Carrie told me, “or else she’ll bug me about it.”

I nodded. Giving Nick the ‘wait’ signal. Carrie opened the door to her house and we went in.

“Hi mom, I’m back,” Carrie announced.

“Oh good I’m glad,” Carrie’s mom replied, “Did you have fun?”

“Yeah it was so much fun,” Carrie exclaimed, “we sat in front row and D got to work the controls. It was so cool!”

“Carrie I wish you’d stop lying about these things,” Carrie’s mom replied, “You know trained professionals do that.”

“But she did,” Carrie stammered.

“Look, I know you think she did this,” Carrie’s mom replied, “and I know you think that she’s going out with one of the Backstreet Boys, but that could never happen. You must be dreaming.”

“No mom, it’s real, it’s true,” Carrie stammered.

“Look, tell your friend that she’s got to stop making up these lies because people like you will believe her,” Carrie’s mom replied.

“She’s here, she can tell you it’s true,” Carrie told her mom.

Carrie’s mom gave Carrie a look that said ‘sure’.

“Tac, Tac, tell her, tell her it’s true,” Carrie told me.

Carrie’s mom then turned to me and said, “Look, I’ll let you and Carrie stay friends because you are very good friends, but please, tell your lies to someone else.”

I nodded.

“Carrie, go to your room,” Carrie’s mom ordered, “We’ll talk about this later.”

Carrie then started up the stairs, very slowly, then as she got further up she ran, you could tell she was crying. Carrie’s mom then showed me to the door.
As I ran out back to Nick I saw the light turn on in Carrie’s room and someone peak out the window. I knew Carrie was watching to see what happened, I just kept going to Nick.

“That took forever,” Nick commented, “what happened in there?”

“Carrie told her mom about us going out and she thinks Carrie’s lying,” I answered.

“If you wanted to prove it you could’ve come and got me,” Nick replied.

“I know,” I agreed.

I then looked at the back of the car and realized that Carrie had left her sweater.

“What do you see back there that’s so interesting?” Nick asked.

“Carrie left her sweater,” I answered.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Nick asked.

“I dunno, what are you thinking?” I returned.

“That you should go up there to return it, and I should come with you,” Nick answered.

“Yeah, that’s what I was thinking,” I agreed.

“Then let’s go,” Nick ventured.

We then started up the steps to Carrie’s house. I rang the bell and her mom answered.

“What do you want?” Carrie’s mom asked.

She then realized Nick was there and lightened her tone.

“I mean, what can I get for you?” She asked again.

“Could you bring Carrie down here?” Nick asked.

“Of course,” Carrie’s mom replied.

She then went up the stairs and brought Carrie down.

“Hey Tac, Nick, what’s up?” Carrie asked.

“You left your sweater in the car, thought you might want it,” I answered.

“Yeah,” Nick agreed, “I mean it could get chilly.”

“Oh it is,” I replied, “I’m cold.”

“D do you want to wear my sweater?” Carrie asked.

“No,” Nick answered for me, “there are easier ways that let you keep your sweater.”

Nick then held me close to his chest with his arms around me. I think Carrie realized it was just an act for her mom because after all, I was wearing my blazer.

“Would you to like to come in and have a cup of tea or coffee with me and Carrie, I have hot chocolate and some wine also if it suites you better.” Carrie’s mom suggested.

“What do you think D?” Nick asked

“Sure,” I replied.

We then walked into the house.

“Sit in the living room while I get it,” Carrie’s mom told us, “What will you all have?”

“Hot chocolate,” Carrie replied.

“Yeah,” Nick and I agreed.

We then sat in the living room while Carrie’s mom made the hot chocolate.

“Do you want marshmallows?” She asked from the kitchen.

I shook my head then realized she couldn’t see it.

“No,” Nick answered.

“Do you want marshmallows Carrie?” Carrie’s mom asked.

“No,” Carrie answered.

She then brought out the hot chocolate. It was in silver cups on a silver tray.

“You three are very easy to make hot chocolate for,” Carrie’s mom commented.

Nick smiled as he picked up a cup and handed it to me, then he picked up a cup for himself.

Carrie’s mom tried to carry on a conversation, but it was the same type of thing Nick always got, it actually quite bored him. Carrie’s mom got up to add more chocolate to her cup and Nick started talking of other things.

“So D, I heard Mike wants you to do the controls for the rest of the tour,” Nick said.

I nodded.

“But you couldn’t do that if you stayed here,” Nick told me.

I shook my head and then added, “I could probably do it for Friday’s show.”

“No, that’s not what I’m getting at,” Nick told me.

“What are you getting at then?” I asked.

“I was wondering if you wanted to come on the rest of the tour and then spend some time in Cali with me afterwards,” Nick explained.

I was surprised, I was really surprised. I was so surprised that I dropped my cup of hot chocolate on the floor.

“Oh no!” Carrie exclaimed.

She then jumped up to get something to clean it with.

“Carrie it’s all my fault let me help you,” I told her.
I then jumped up and ran to the towel closet with her.

When we got there Carrie stopped.

“You don’t really care about the spill, do you?” I asked.

“No,” Carrie answered, “Are you really gonna go to Cali with him?”

“I don’t know,” I replied, “I mean, you guys need me here.”

“No we don’t,” Carrie disagreed, “We’ll be fine, go have fun with Nick.”

“But, I’ll miss the meetings,” I replied.

“Wait stay here, I’ll go ask Nick how long he wants you to stay afterwards,” Carrie told me.

She then ran off with a cloth to clean the spill. About two minutes later she returned to where I was.

“So?” I asked.

“It’ll only be two, maybe three weeks,” Carrie replied.

“How long is the rest of the tour though?” I asked.

“Only Vegas and the Cali shows, they only last a week,” Carrie answered.

“But then I’ll be gone a month,” I told her.

“So,” Carrie disagreed, “that’s only four meetings.”

“But you guys need me to keep the order,” I told her.

“Look maybe you should leave and talk to Nick about this, maybe he can convince you to go stay with him,” Carrie replied.

I then went back to the living room.

“Do you wanna go for a walk D?” Nick asked.

“What do you mean?” I returned.

“Maybe we can talk more about this, and then come back to the car,” Nick answered.

I nodded. We then waved see you later to Carrie and walked out the door.
Chapter Nineteen by nicksgal
When we got out the door Nick was the one to talk first.

“D, listen if you don’t want to do this just say so,” Nick told me, “I won’t be mad.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to be with you it’s just that…” I started.

“‘I hold a responsibility to the club and it’s more important to me then you are’.” Nick finished for me.

“No, no,” I stammered, “it’s not like that.”

“Then tell me what it’s like D,” Nick replied.

“I, I, I don’t know right now,” I stammered, “it’s, it’s, it’s just all too soon.”

“Look, it’s not like I’m asking you to run off with me so we can get married and have kids,” Nick explained, “I just want you to come be there with me, that’s all. It’s not asking too much, is it?”

“It’s not asking too much, it’s just that…” I replied.

“I know it’s just too soon,” Nick interrupted, “like I said before it’s not like I’m asking you to get married, unless that’s what you want. Is that what you want D?”

“No but…” I started.

“But what,” Nick interrupted, “is it that don’t love me?”

“No it’s just… AJ,” I answered, “I don’t think all the guys like me.”

“Of course the guys like you,” Nick replied, “Did you know they helped me ask you out?”

“No,” I stammered, then thought quickly of a comeback, “but what about AJ? He seems to hate me.”

“That’s because AJ doesn’t know that we’re going out!” Nick yelled.

“You didn’t tell him,” I asked sounding shocked, “I guess Jessie was right, I guess you don’t appreciate me.”

“AJ hated the fact that all the papers wanted us to go visit your club, he thought that gave him reason to hate the people in it too,” Nick explained, his temper rising, “I didn’t tell him because I thought maybe he’d come and kill you or something!”

I gaped at Nick, I didn’t know what to say.

“I care about you, I don’t want anything to happen to you,” Nick told me, “And I still love you, I just don’t love how you make up all these excuses for why you won’t come. I mean if you don’t want to just say so, I really won’t be mad.”

I stood in silence. I didn’t know whether to tell him that I wanted to go or not, because in truth I didn’t exactly know what I wanted.

While I thought about this I saw the expression in Nick’s face turn from soft to hard, I knew by the expression on his face that I had pushed the limits, he probably hated me now.

“Fine!” Nick yelled.

“Fine what?” I asked.

“Don’t pretend you don’t know,” Nick told me, “in fact why don’t you, why don’t you go run of with that kid Matthew.”

“I don’t know a kid named…” I started.

“Or why don’t you tell Carrie that you’ll never leave here even for a month because she’s your best friend and you’ll never leave her!” Nick interrupted.

“No, no…” I started.

“You know what, I don’t care anymore! You can have your stupid club in stupid Colorado! And you can stay and work your club meetings! I’ll be fine without you!” Nick yelled and stormed off.

“Nick! Wait! No! It’s, it’s not…” I started.

I then realized that he was too far ahead of me and that he couldn’t hear me. I just sat down where I was and cried.
Chapter Twenty by nicksgal
As Nick and I were fighting Carrie was getting worried.

“They’re taking forever mom,” Carrie said impatiently.

“When people go to talk about things it usually takes them a while,” Carrie’s mom told her.

Then Carrie saw Nick out of the window and jumped up.

“They’re back!” She exclaimed.

Carrie went outside to meet us.

“Hi Nick!” She yelled.

“What do you want?” Nick asked as he turned to Carrie.

As he looked at her Carrie saw that Nick’s eyes and cheeks were red.

“Nick what’s wrong?” Carrie asked.

“I asked you a question first,” Nick told her, “tell me that, then I’ll answer yours.”

“I was just saying hi,” Carrie told him, “where are you and D going now?”

“We are going no where, I’m going back to the hotel.” Nick answered.

“You never did say what was wrong,” Carrie pointed out.

“Nothing that matters to you,” Nick told her.

Nick then started the car. Carrie sort of realized what was going on, so she turned the key and pulled it out of the ignition.

“Nick, you’re staying here until you and D make up,” Carrie ordered.

“No I’m not!” Nick yelled trying to grab back his car keys in the process.

“Yes, you are,” Carrie told Nick, putting the keys behind her back where he couldn’t reach them.

“Fine,” Nick finally said.

“I need to go get D,” Carrie told Nick, “I’ll be back.”

Carrie then left to get me. When she got to me, I was still crying on the corner.

I suddenly realized that there was a hand on my shoulder. I quickly looked up hoping that it was Nick, however I was quickly saddened because it was Carrie.

“What’s wrong D?” She asked.

“Nothing,” I said.

“Do you want to go talk to Nick?” Carrie asked.

“No,” I answered.

“Well, he’s waiting for you,” Carrie replied.

“No, he’s mad at me,” I told her.

“But he’s waiting,” Carrie repeated.

“Well, don’t make him,” I told her, “Let him go.”

Carrie nodded. As sad as she was for me, she still did what I asked her to.

I got up and followed behind her. We walked down all the blocks to where Nick’s car was. I, however, hung back so he wouldn’t fight with me. I knew that he was hurt by this, and that the tough man on the outside wasn’t real.

“Here are your keys Nick,” Carrie told him.

Nick grabbed the keys and started his car. After waiting a minute he drove off.

“C’mon D,” Carrie told me, “we gotta let him know that you wanna go.”
Chapter Twenty-One by nicksgal
I followed Carrie inside.

“So what do we do?” I asked.

“It all involves a box,” Carrie told me.

I wondered why it involved a box, but after she put me in one of her mom’s cocktail dresses she made me close my eyes and put me in another room so I never found out why, that is until I heard a familiar voice.

“I hope it’s not a trick to get me to stop being mad at D,” I heard someone say.

I then realized that the plan was to get me to Nick, so we could make up. Sometimes I hate my friends.

Then box lid was lifted and Nick was standing right in front of me.

“Hi,” I said meekly.

“Well, um, this is a surprise…” Nick stuttered.

I nodded.

“So D, why are you here?” Nick asked.

“Actually, I don’t really know,” I admitted, “but I think it’s so we’ll make up, and not break up.”

“I’m listening,” Nick replied.

“See, the only reason I wouldn’t say yes or no really is because in truth I didn’t really know whether I wanted to go or not,” I told Nick.

“And that relates to the fact that you want to stay with the club, how?” Nick asked.

“See I wanted to go, but then I didn’t want to go, and then I dropped the cup, and then I freaked out, and then I got all mixed up inside and I…” I started explaining.

“Hold on D,” Nick commented, “you’re starting to look pale.”

I nodded, yeah I figured I was getting pale, cuz I was getting scared too.

“How ‘bout we go sit on the couch and talk about this,” Nick suggested, “so incase you do faint you’ll already be sitting down.”

I nodded, so I guess Nick really did like me, just not my fear.

When we got to the couch Nick starting talking.

“So D, are you trying to tell me that you want to come?” He asked.

I didn’t know what to say. I guess Nick must have seen the worried expression on my face.

“D, I know you don’t know what to say,” Nick told me, “but please give me an honest answer, not a fake one.”

I thought about it for a minute, but still didn’t answer. Nick grabbed my hand as if to say, it’ll be ok.

“So D, do you want to come?” Nick asked again.

“Maybe,” I answered.

Nick nodded.

We sat there in silence for a while, and then Nick finally spoke.

“You’re not the bravest person without your friends around you, are you?” Nick asked.

“No,” I answered, “if you remember I didn’t talk very much at the Gap, but you guys still spoke directly to me.”

“That’s because I really, I mean really, like you,” Nick told me, “I just wanted to be with you.”

I nodded.

“It’s funny,” Nick told me.

“What’s funny?” I asked.

“This reminds me of our song ‘I Need You Tonight’,” Nick answered.

“Almost exactly,” I agreed.

Then we laughed and Nick smiled.

“What?” I asked.

“That’s the first time I’ve even gotten a smile out of you since we got to Carrie’s house,” Nick told me.

“And what does that have to do with anything?” I asked.

“You don’t know how beautiful you are with a smile on your face,” Nick told me.

After he said that Nick leaned in to kiss me. It would have been a perfect moment, but Howie had to walk in.

“Woah!” Howie exclaimed.

Nick then realized he was there and drew back.

“What do you want Howie?” he asked.

“How’d she get here so fast?” Howie asked, referring to me.

“She flew,” Nick replied sarcastically.

Howie got the picture and asked, “So what was in the box?”

“Something special,” Nick answered and put his arm around me.

Howie looked confused, “So really, what was it?”

“None of your business,” Nick told him.

Howie then walked off. As he walked away he muttered, “Probably a lifetime supply of condoms.”

After Howie left Nick started laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Howie thinks the box was full of condoms,” Nick answered.

He then snorted with laughter. I laughed along but felt uncomfortable.

“I mean what would I do with a lifetime supply of condoms?” Nick asked.

“Probably go out, get drunk, and take whatever girls you find to your car.” I suggested.

“Even if you don’t come to Cali doesn’t mean I’d cheat on you,” Nick told me, “I’ll always love you. No matter where you live.”

I shrugged. I mean, do we seriously ever believe boys when they say that? Most likely… not.

“Oh D!” Nick exclaimed.

“What?” I asked.

“How ‘bout tomorrow we don’t talk about Cali at all,” Nick suggested.

“Ok,” I agreed.

“So if you want to come have one of your friends drive you and meet us here,” Nick told me.

He then handed me a piece of paper with an address on it.

“Oh, and be there by 10 in the morning,” Nick added, “our bus driver wants to get an early start.”

I nodded.

Nick and I talked the whole night about the trip, that I might take, what Howie thought was in the box, what we should do tomorrow, and tons of things. I think sometime around midnight we fell asleep, but I don’t know, because all I remember is being in Nick’s arms.
Chapter Twenty-Two by nicksgal
The next morning, before Nick and I woke up, the other Backstreet Boys were all awake, and bustling about, actually, they were fighting again.

“Let’s order up eggs, cheese omelets, bacon, toast, and pancakes,” Brian suggested.

“No,” Kevin argued, “let’s go down to the dining area.”

“No guys,” AJ argued with both of them, “we gotta go get Mac Daddy’s!”

“C’mon guys,” Howie tried to settle it, “you know we have to go get Chinese food.”

“Chinese?” Brian asked.

“In the morning?” AJ finished.

“Hold it guys,” Kevin suggested, “let’s go ask Nick.”

Howie nodded and went to Nick’s bedroom. He opened the door and discovered the bed was made and there was no one around. Howie then turned out to the other guys. His expression was scared.

“What’s wrong Howie?” AJ asked.

“Guys, Nick’s not in there,” Howie said worriedly.

“There’s a logical way to solve this.” Kevin stated, starting to freak out.

“Tonight’s our show,” AJ exclaimed, “where could he have gone?”

“Alright,” Brian started giving orders, “AJ you look in here, Howie you look in his room, Kevin you go around outside, and I’ll ask the front desk.”

“Wait, what was he doing last night, could that tell us something?” AJ asked.

Everyone was silent.

“Deanna was over here,” Howie admitted, “maybe he’s over there.”

Everyone was silent again. AJ looked like he was going to blow his top.

“I doubt it,” Brian said calming things down, “let’s just go with the previous plan.”

Everyone nodded.

Brian and Kevin then left for downstairs and Howie went in Nick’s room. AJ was left in the living room to look for any sign of him.

AJ began looking in the kitchen and everywhere. He was finally exhausted by looking and went to go sit on the couch. When he went to sit down he felt a lump and looked at the end of the couch. There were Nick and my heads touching each other gently, like we were sharing a beautiful dream. AJ then surveyed the rest of the couch for our position. He noticed that Nick’s arms were around me, holding me in place. AJ then realized what had been going on all the while and he didn’t know. AJ then got up and an alarmed Brian and Kevin came running in, as well as Howie.

“They haven’t seen any person like him,” Kevin said.

“His window isn’t even opened!” Howie exclaimed.

“What are we…” Brian started.

“Shhh,” AJ interrupted and pointed to the couch.

“Ok AJ,” Howie replied sarcastically, “I understand that the couch is sleeping. Sorry.”

AJ shook his head and motioned them to come over. When they did, they saw what he had already seen.

“He was here the whole time,” Kevin realized.

“You were right Howie,” Brian acknowledged, “she was here.”

“I told you so,” Howie replied.

“You guys knew, didn’t you?” AJ asked.

“Knew what?” Kevin returned.

“That they’re going out,” AJ answered.

“How did you…” Brian started.

“C’mon it’s obvious!” AJ exclaimed.

“Yeah, we knew,” Howie told AJ.

“How did you find out?” AJ asked.

“Kevin and I found out by accident,” Howie answered, “Nick told Brian.”

AJ nodded then said, “I’m going to get Nick back for this.”

What he was going to do, I didn’t know. Actually I didn’t know any of this was happening, because not only was I near Nick with skewed senses, but I was also asleep.
Chapter Twenty-Three by nicksgal
After Nick and I woke up the other Boys were enjoying breakfast and AJ was out of the room, as planned by the other Boys.

“Hey Nick!” Brian exclaimed.

“Hey,” Nick replied.

“Want some breakfast?” Kevin asked, holding up a plate.

“Yeah, do ya,” Howie agreed, “even though Kevin couldn’t make one of his omelets, which is sad.”

“Yeah, it is,” Brian agreed.

“No thanks guys, I got a big day ahead of me,” Nick answered.

“What are you gonna do?” Kevin asked.

“Stuff,” Nick answered.

“What stuff?” Brian asked.

“I dunno, maybe go down to the creek,” Nick answered, “just stuff like that.”

Brian nodded.

“I’ll see you guys later,” Nick told them, “bye.”

We then left to go do whatever we wanted. But back in the hotel room things were different.

“What’s ‘the creek’?” AJ asked.

“Maybe it’s like the levy in American Pie,” Howie suggested.

“Wait, Hannah was talking about it once,” Kevin remembered, “it’s by her house.”

AJ nodded then asked, “When do you think they’ll be there?”

“Just wait and see,” Brian answered.

AJ nodded, then left to go find the creek.

Sometime around four Nick and I were lying on our backs staring at the sky. It was a warm October day, which is unnatural in Colorado.

“Look, that one looks like a car,” Nick said pointing to the sky.

“That one looks like a ballerina,” I pointed out.

“That one looks like us kissing,” Nick commented.

“I can’t see it,” I said, squinting because the sun was in my eyes.

“Come over here,” Nick told me.

I then pushed my self backward and lay down on Nick’s stomach.

“Oh it does,” I agreed.

Nick smiled and started playing the ha, ha game. I giggled and made us start over. Little did we know that AJ was coming.

“Nick!” We heard someone yell.

“Oh no!” Nick exclaimed.

“What?” I asked.

“I think AJ found out,” Nick answered.

“What!?!” I asked.

“D,” Nick told me, “get up and run. Don’t look back, run as far as you can and don’t look back.”

“But what about you?” I asked.

“Just go, I’ll be fine,” Nick told me.

Nick then pushed me up and I started to run.

I ran without looking back for the first few seconds then I stopped and looked back. I saw AJ standing before Nick and he was grabbing his shirt collar. I stopped and started walking forward to take Nick with me. Nick then noticed that I was walking towards him.

“D, run” Nick yelled, “Don’t look back just run!”

I knew that I should listen to him, because he knew AJ better then I did. I ran and ran back to my house where I was safe. But little did I know what was happening back at the creek.

“Nick what do you think you were doing?” AJ asked Nick in an angry tone.

“None of your business,” Nick told him.

“Is this some kind of levy?” AJ asked.

“No, no cars,” Nick answered.

“Don’t be a smart ass with me!” AJ yelled.

Nick shrugged.

“Look, it’s not the girl I mind, it’s the way the newspapers were putting us into a corner,” AJ told Nick.

“What corner,” Nick asked, “I don’t see a corner.”

AJ shook his head then answered, “Either we go meet them and be nice or we don’t and we’re mean.”

“Not my fault,” Nick replied.

“You’re right, it’s not your fault,” AJ agreed, “but lying is.”

Nick gave him an expression that was shocked, like ‘I lied, what?’

“It’s not that I mind you going out, you two are a cute couple,” AJ told Nick, “It’s that you didn’t tell me, it seems like you thought I’d do something to her.”

“Yeah, I thought you’d kill her cuz she’s in the club!” Nick yelled.

“I’m not a murderer!” AJ yelled back.

“So what do you want with her,” Nick asked, “why did you come here?”

“I don’t want anything with her,” AJ answered, “I came here to get back at you.”

“So what do you want with me?” Nick asked.

“I just want to let you know that I don’t care that you’re going out with her,” AJ started.

“Ok, thanks,” Nick replied, “I’ll be going now.”

“Not so fast,” AJ told Nick grabbing his shoulder.

“What now?” Nick asked.

“But I do care that you lied to me and told the other guys,” AJ finished.

“That’s not true,” Nick argued, “I only told Brian.”

“Don’t argue with me,” AJ replied, “all I know is that they knew and I didn’t.”

“So what are you going to do to me?” Nick asked.

“I’m going to make you remember not to lie to me ever again,” AJ started.

“Ok,” Nick replied.

“If you feel you can tell the other guys, then you can tell me,” AJ finished.

“So what are you going to…” Nick started.

AJ then punched Nick in the face. Nick was taken aback but knew things would get worse if he started a fight. So he turned to leave.

“Bye AJ,” He said as he left.

“Have fun with Deanna,” AJ replied, “see ya at the concert tonight.”

Nick then realized the concert was tonight. He was quickly saddened because the fans would have to see him with a black eye, at least in the worst case scenario.
Chapter Twenty-Four by nicksgal
When I heard a knock at my door, about half an hour after I got home, I jumped up and ran to the door, hoping it would be Nick. When I got there, I saw that it was Nick, but he had a bruised ring around his eye. It couldn’t have been, AJ wouldn’t do that, as far as I knew. I quickly opened the door.

“Hi Nick,” I greeted.

“Hey,” Nick replied.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

Nick winced with pain as he spoke.

“AJ punched me,” Nick answered, “It really hurts.”

I then put my fingers out to touch the bruised area around his eye. The minute I even touched it lightly with the tips of my fingers, Nick winced again.

“I have black eye, don’t I?” Nick asked.

“Well, it’s actually more purple…” I started.

“Now what am I going to do?” Nick asked as he slumped down on my couch.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“If I can barely speak with out it hurting, how am I supposed to sing?” Nick returned.

“Do what you normally do,” I answered.

“Go on stage when you’re sick, dance when you break your leg, record when you have a cold, travel when a family member is dying, shoot intimate scenes in videos when you have a girlfriend,” Nick rattled off, “I hate that.”

“What else can you do?” I asked.

Nick then looked up at me with a look of shock in his eyes. It was as if he had suddenly realized that there was nothing else he could do. If he didn’t go onstage when he was sick, fans would be disappointed. If he didn’t dance when he had a broken leg, the stage show wouldn’t seem right. If he didn’t record when he had a cold, he wouldn’t be on the CD. If he didn’t travel when a family member was dying, he would disappoint every single fan. And if he didn’t shoot intimate scenes in videos when he had a girlfriend, there would be no video. The only way out of it would be to give up and not be in the music business, and what kind of a way out is that?

Nick suddenly realized the whole of it all and answered, “Nothing.”

I nodded.

“Wait, I could quit after the tour and I could come out here and we could…” Nick started.

“Nick, don’t be like me, whatever you do, don’t be like me,” I told him.

“Why, there’s nothing wrong with you, you’re great,” Nick disagreed, “you don’t have to worry about hundreds of people, thousands of people, millions of people…”

“You’re right, I don’t,” I cut him off, “but I did.”

“What do you mean D?” Nick asked me.

“Look, I don’t want to talk about it,” I told him, “just don’t turn out to be a quitter, ok?”

“D, is there something locked up inside you,” Nick asked, “what’s so terrible about it, why can’t you tell me?”

“Alright, I’ll tell you,” I replied, “but you have to promise not to tell anyone.”

Nick nodded.

“Alright, when I was 6 I was with the New York Ballet Company,” I started, “they thought I was really good and they wanted me to be on their touring team.”

“You were a ballerina?” Nick asked.

“Yeah,” I answered, then continued, “Anyway, when I was 7 my parents were going through a divorce and it hit me pretty hard.”

I paused and looked at Nick. He was watching me and listening very intently. I decided to continue.

“I didn’t want to tour while my family was splitting,” I explained, “so I tried everything to get out of it, but they wouldn’t let me.”

Nick nodded and then agreed, “It’s the same thing for us, we have to plan our personal lives around Backstreet Boys, instead of planning Backstreet Boys around our personal lives.”

I nodded, then continued.

“So I finally decided to break my leg, I asked if I could come back after it had healed,” I remembered, “but they said I wouldn’t be able to dance afterwards and that they didn’t want me back.”

“I’m sorry.” Nick commented.

“It’s ok,” I replied, then continued, “So after the divorce was done my mom and I moved out here, I haven’t put on a pair of shoes since, almost 14 years.”

Nick nodded.

“So you see Nick,” I told him, “if you do quit, you’ll look back on it and regret it for the rest of your life.”

“Yeah, I think I understand now,” Nick agreed, “I mean there are times when I hate the business, but somehow I know that it’s our destiny.”

“It probably is,” I agreed.

“D, do Carrie and Sauna know this?” Nick asked.

“No,” I answered, “not even Hannie knows it.”

“They’re your friends, why are trusting me with this?” Nick asked.

“Because I know you’ll benefit from it, and I know that you’ll keep it a secret,” I answered.

Nick nodded.

“Thank you,” I told Nick.

Nick then leaned in to kiss me. This time we weren’t interrupted by Howie, or anyone. Nick then put his arms around me and held me. The way he acted seemed to be telling me ‘let’s stay here and be like this forever. Let’s not leave,’ but I knew that Cali was still on the back of his mind, and I knew that was where he wanted us to be.

Suddenly Nick let go.

“We’d better get headed to the venue or we’ll be late,” Nick told me.

So then we left to go pick up Phanny and go to the venue. Everything would be the same except Phanny couldn’t come back, the manager got mad at Nick for bringing Carrie back, let alone me, and said Nick could only bring one of us back. Of course he picked me.

After the concert Nick and I drove Phanny to Mikka’s house and then Nick drove me home.

When we got to my house Nick stayed in his car.

“Do you want to come in?” I asked.

Nick shook his head, then answered, “I gotta let you think about Cali.”

I nodded.

“So I guess this is good-bye?” Nick asked.

“No, I really see it as ‘if you don’t come, I’ll see you next tour’ sort of thing,” I answered.

Nick then looked at me, like he always does when I say something like that.

“Yeah, I guess it is,” I told him.

Nick then got out of his car and stood right in front of me.

“I’ll always love you D,” Nick told me.

“I’ll always love you,” I agreed.

“If you don’t come,” Nick told me, “I want you to have this.”

Nick then pulled off the gold cross from around his neck. I’d seen him wear it a couple times, but I thought it meant a lot to him.

“No matter what happens, keep this D, promise?” Nick asked me.

“I promise,” I told him.

Nick then placed the necklace around my neck. After he did I clung to the chain like it would break if I let it go.

Nick then leaned in and kissed me. We kissed for a long time until Nick felt he really had to leave.

After Nick pulled away I saw the tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

“I love you,” Nick told me, “don’t you ever forget that.”

“I love you too,” I told him.

Then Nick got in his car and drove away, thinking he would never see me again. What he didn’t know, is that I had packed for Cali while I was waiting for him to come, after he was done talking to AJ. I just had to add a few more things and that was it.
Chapter Twenty-Five by nicksgal
The next day Jojo drove me over to the place the bus was departing from. Everyone else from the club came too. I called Sarah the night before to tell her that I wasn’t going to be there and to take care of my dog, Sandy. She said ‘good luck.’ There were also a bunch of fans with us. While we were sitting in the abandoned parking lot, Hannie suddenly looked worried.

“D, who’s gonna run the meetings while you’re gone?” Hannie asked.

“Either you or Tic,” I answered.

“Carrie, c’mere!” Hannie yelled.

“Huh?” Carrie asked when she came over.

“Will you run the meetings while D is gone?” Hannie asked.

“Don’t you want to,” Carrie returned, “you’re Vice.”

Hannie shook her head then answered, “It should be a BSB fan, it’ll make things less weird around here.”

I nodded.

“You mean you want me?” Carrie asked.

“Yeah Tic, better keep good order while I’m gone,” I joked.

“Thanks Tac, you’re the best,” Carrie told me.

“Hey D, before you go,” Hannie asked, “where’d you get the cross?”

“Nick gave it to me cuz he thought I wasn’t coming,” I answered.

“Sure fooled him,” Carrie replied.

Then we laughed.

As we were laughing, two limos drove up to where the bus was.

“Wow, look at all these fans!” Nick exclaimed.

“Never thought there’d be so many,” Brian agreed.

“I bet D decided not to come…” Nick started.

“Wait, look there’s Carrie!” Brian exclaimed, after he stuck his head out the window.

“Couldn’t be,” Nick replied.

“Hey D!” Cassie called as she ran over.

“What?” I asked.

“The first limo is the one you’re after, left side, your right,” Cassie answered.

I nodded and then ran over to the limo.

I was standing there with the bag, I was keeping with me. I left it slightly open, but only on accident. Nick then opened the door and my bag fell on the floor and a whole bunch of stuff came out.

“Oh here, let me help you,” Nick said and bent down to pick up my stuff.

I bent down to pick it up as well, but when I did the cross fell off and on to the floor. Nick saw it and picked it up.

“Where did you get this,” he asked, “I gave this to…”

Nick then looked up and saw that I was right there in front of him.

“Surprise,” I said.

“D, are you, are you…” Nick asked.

I smiled and nodded my head.

Nick then gave me a hug, I knew he was very happy. After Nick finished hugging me, he put the cross around my neck again and helped me finish picking up my stuff. After we finished, Nick took me over to the other guys.

“Look who’s coming with us!” Nick exclaimed.

Brian smiled and gave me a hug, “Better start getting to know you now, might have to end up being a best man sometime soon for my buddy here.”

Brian then punched Nick on the arm and Nick smiled shyly.

Kevin and Howie smiled.

“Guess I’d better start referring to you as Deanna, instead of ‘the club girl’,” AJ told me and gave me a hug.

“So you guys actually want me to come?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Howie answered.

“You will not believe how much Nick talked about how you weren’t coming last night,” Kevin agreed, “you are very welcomed with us.”

“So that’s the only reason you want her to come Kevin?” Nick asked.

“No, we like you D, you’re great,” Kevin told me.

I smiled.

Then Brian jumped back.

“What’s wrong Bri?” Nick asked.

“News crews!” Brian exclaimed.

“Bus time!” Howie agreed.

The guys headed for the limos to get their suitcases, and I went over to Carrie.

“We’re gonna leave now,” I told Carrie.

“I’ll miss you Tac,” Carrie told me.

“I’ll miss you too,” I agreed.

I could see that Carrie was starting to cry.

“Wait Tic, here,” I told her and handed her my BSB cap.

“What’s this for?” Carrie asked.

“I want you to take care of it for me,” I told her.

Carrie nodded then said, “I will.”

Then Carrie and I hugged until Nick came over, then I left with Nick.

As we got on the bus I turned and waved to all my friends, and they waved back. Kevin, Howie, and AJ danced on to the bus while Brian, Nick, and I walked on.

After we got on the bus the other three kept dancing.

“Why are you guys dancing?” I finally asked

“The news says this is the biggest fan turn out that’s ever happened,” Brian answered.

“Beating out the previous record held by NSYNC,” AJ told me with a smug look on his face.

I laughed.

We then turned out the windows to wave. I think Mikka and Phanny saw us cuz they started waving back.

“Look there’s Mikka!” Howie pointed out.

“And Phanny!” AJ exclaimed.

Then they started jumping up and down and waving back.

After AJ and Howie waved, Mikka and Phanny started jumping up and down hugging each other.

“Ooh Howie likes Mikka!” Nick yelled out the window teasingly.

Then Howie blushed.

“Please don’t tell me we’re going to go through this again,” Brian said.

Then we all laughed.

And so we embarked on the US tour, well the guys finished it, but I embarked on it. In the beginning of the tour I thought it was going to be just another tour, like many of the others I have seen in the past, but this one was different. In this tour for Black & Blue I found not only the love of my life, but myself too and that means more to me than anyone will ever know.

I don’t remember much of the tour, since it all went by so fast. I don’t remember much about coming to Cali either, well except one thing. I remember walking up to the Carter household steps, with Nick holding my hand. Then Nick rang the bell and his mom answered. I was then welcomed into the Carter’s sunny, Californian home. And I remember that I was smiling.
Author's Note #2 by nicksgal
Author's Notes:
Okay... So I lied....^_^;
Well... That's it. The third story I ever wrote!

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed laughing at it, which is A LOT!

If you really, truly did enjoy it and want to see how an eighteen-year-old (or nineteen-year-old, as I probably won't get to it before then...) would re-write it, let me know. Even if it's myself I'm writing for, I always respond to reader-feedback. ^_^

Thank you again! Ja, bye-bye!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8142