Because of You by kevmylove
Summary:


What if the two people you cared the most about, shared the same dark reality, that only you could uncover? Would you tell them? Or just let it be...

~COMPLETED~


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin
Genres: Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Death, Sexual Assault/Rape, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 23502 Read: 25733 Published: 11/15/06 Updated: 04/05/08
Story Notes:

Wooohoo ~Complete~

1. Chapter 1 by kevmylove

2. Chapter 2 by kevmylove

3. Chapter 3 by kevmylove

4. Chapter 4 by kevmylove

5. Chapter 5 by kevmylove

6. Chapter 6 by kevmylove

7. Chapter 7 by kevmylove

8. Chapter 8 by kevmylove

9. Chapter 9 by kevmylove

10. Chapter 10 by kevmylove

11. Chapter 11 by kevmylove

12. Chapter 12 by kevmylove

13. Chapter 13 by kevmylove

14. Chapter 14 by kevmylove

15. Chapter 15 by kevmylove

16. Chapter 16 by kevmylove

17. Chapter 17 by kevmylove

18. Chapter 18 by kevmylove

19. Chapter 19 by kevmylove

Chapter 1 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
I just started this one day...let me know what you think!


I stared out the window as I watched Kevin loading his truck we had been best friends for so long. I drifted off in memory.

I was a fourth grader and he was a seventh grader, I had just moved to Lexington with my parents. Everyday I suffered with a couple of bullies that would pick on me. One day as I was on my way home a tall blonde boy tripped me, I fell to the ground scraping my arms and knees.

I held in the tears, my father had taught me to be tough although I was a girl. I stood up dusted myself off and continued to walk, the blonde boy was not satisfied so this time he pushed me to the ground and was about to kick me in the stomach, when a voice was heard “Mike leave her alone!” a tall slender boy with long hair helped me up.

I could hardly hold the tears in “Are you ok?” I nodded, not saying a word “Mike you can’t be doing things like that…get the hell out of here!” The Mike guy ran off, “Seriously are you ok?”

I swallowed down the lump in my throat “Yeah. Thank you.”

I felt on my bloody knees “Ooh your badly hurt come, I will have my mom get you a band aid.” We walked down to his house.

“Hey wait I live there!” I pointed towards the house next to his, we began to giggle “I think I will just go home…Thanks again” he watched as I disappeared.


I came back to reality and wiped the tear that ran down my cheek. That had been so many years ago, but meanwhile we had some really great times.

“Hey I just got this horse you want to ride with me…?” we had gotten acquainted over the years of living next door to each other. I was now in seventh grade and he was a 10th grader.

"So how did you like the horse ride?” he smiled, I smiled back at him as I brushed my long dark brown hair out of my face.

“It was great…I never knew it could be so fun…horses scare me…” we talked till the sun set.


I grabbed the courage to meet Kevin at his truck “Hey you…” I hugged him.

"Hey…I was about to go say good bye. I’m finally leaving this place…ain’t it great?”

I didn’t feel the same excitement he did “Yeah that is great!” I had just graduated myself but my father was not going to let his eighteen year-old daughter move out of state. “I wanted to talk to you…” I stared into his green eyes.

“Sure Kaila…you are acting a little weird. Are you ok?”

I smiled nervously “Well I wanted to thank you for being my best friend and I’m going to miss you.” I hugged him tight and held back my tears.

I stared at nothing while we still embraced, he rambled on about how excited he was about finally getting out of Lexington. I thought he had loved it here…he had lived here all his life and he seemed so happy with his mother and father.

“Hey this reminds me of when my brother left…I was really sad“ He pulled away gently and turned to look at me I continued to look at nothing. I didn‘t really want to look into his green eyes, I knew I would bust out crying and I didn‘t want to show that him leaving hurt me so much.

But it must have been obvious, because he enveloped me again.

“Hey would you go to prom with me…I mean we are best friends…” Kevin smiled as he waited for me to answer.

“But I’m in ninth grade?” I was confused.

“They said you can take anyone you want…hey don’t make me beg.”

I finally smiled “Ok…I’ll go…” he hugged me tight.

“Thanks…”

The day came of prom night, he walked over picked me up, we took pictures, drank punch and danced all night.

“Thanks a lot for going…I hope that you had a lot of fun.”

We stood in front of my house, I felt a tickle in my stomach as I stared into his eyes “I had a wonderful time…Kev…thanks”

I continued to go on with details of the evening and suddenly he leaned in and kissed me, once we separated I blushed and he walked away without another word.

It happened a couple of times, but it never went further then a couple of hugs and kisses here and there..


We separated from our embrace “Hey you can always go with me…I mean we could get an apartment, go to school, get some cool jobs out by the beach.”

I laughed, “You know my father won’t understand that and he would refuse…”

He shrugged “You know I’m going to miss you a lot too…” he said as he looked at his watch impatiently “Listen I have to go, but don’t forget to write to me ok.”

I nodded “But I really want to tell you something…important.”

He stepped into the truck as I stood my head sticking in the window. “Come on Kaila this is already hard…move away from the window…”

He began to back up, but I clasped onto the door “Kevin please don’t go…don’t leave me…I love you Kevin…” he stopped the truck and stared at me, as the tears now ran down my cheeks

“No you don’t, your confused” his eyes began to swell up too “I really have to go…” he backed up the truck and headed down the dirt road…

I ran behind him “Kevin…Kevin…stop” I came to a halt as I saw the truck drive off.

I was really upset that night I couldn’t stop crying.

The days that followed were long and sad and felt endless.
Chapter 2 by kevmylove
3 Years later…

I stood looking at my parents, my hair in a ponytail “Mother I’m a grown woman…” I held on to my carry-on bag “Dad I’m going to be fine…I’m all grown up now…”

My father hugged me tight “You stay out of trouble and if you want to come back home please do.”

I laughed, “Ok dad…I will…”

I hugged my mother “Don’t forget that we love you…and here, it’s Kevin’s phone number…” she slipped it into my hands.

“Mom you had this number the whole time. Why didn’t you ever give it to me before?”

My mother sighed heavily “Because I knew that the only thing it would do is hurt you. When he left you where really devastated.”

I looked away slightly embarrassed “Well that is over, I’m moving to California where I will find lots of friends…Kevin is in the past” I kissed my parents goodbye before the conversation elongated “I will call you when I get there and don’t worry ok.”

I was on my way to California I looked back and waved at my parents as I held in the tears. I had to admit to myself that I was afraid, and unsure of what awaited me there.

The plane ride was pretty long and I just couldn’t concentrate on falling asleep. I checked my pockets for my chap stick and instead pulled out Kevin’s phone number. I just couldn’t understand why my mother had this number if he was practically lost.

I didn’t remember seeing him around his house the holidays had come and gone, but maybe he just didn’t want to see me and so he hid.

I was drifted off in thought, but was startled by a young girl sitting next to me who seemed to be sobbing, according to her silently.

“Are you ok?” I asked, she looked at me as she wiped a tear “Oh my god…I’m sorry for being so loud I’m trying my best not to be noticed you know.”

I faked a smile “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bother you I just…” she laughed as she wiped the rest of the tears off her face.

"Oh no your not bothering me at all…I’m just a little nervous. I’m getting married soon and well I’m not sure if I want to.” She now began to sob louder, I didn’t know what to do or say, I was actually wishing I had ignored her.

“Uh…well I can imagine that you want to it’s just that your getting those pre wedding jitters. My friend Susie got them when she got married but now she has a baby and is very happy.”

I smiled at her with reassurance, but deep down didn’t even know what I was saying.

“Your right I shouldn’t be second guessing getting married.” She extended her hand gleefully “I’m Becky I was out visiting my mother who decided to move out to the country, no offense but it isn’t for me. I mean cows, horses…not my thing.” Her babbling made the plane ride much shorter.

Before I knew it we were headed to get our luggage “So I’m so rude Kayla…but what brings you out here?”

I laughed at her she was a very funny and bubbly girl, not to mention pretty. She was petite with blonde hair and big blue eyes.

“I’m going to school out here USC I was kind of tired of the cows and horses myself.” We both laughed in harmony.

“That is so weird I go there too, actually I’m living around there right now. So where are you staying?”

Actually I hadn’t even thought about that. Where was I staying? “You know I’m not even sure where I’m staying I have enough money to stay at a hotel while I find a place to stay.”

Becky giggled, “You seem really nice…how about you come and stay with me. I live by myself, my fiancé comes to stay with me sometimes but having some company would really be good.”

I was a little confused, was this really ok to welcome a stranger into your house after a couple of hours of conversation, wait I was the stranger and I was not a bad person, this could be a good thing.

After I thought about it for a minute or two I gave in “Ok…I’ll stay with you while I find a place to live.” We both grabbed our luggage and headed to famous Los Angeles.

The apartment was gorgeous and huge; there were two bedrooms a big kitchen and a cozy living room. “Wow this place is beautiful…how do you live here alone?”

She smiled as she threw her luggage on the sofa “Oh I don’t my roommate just moved out and into a dorm room on campus. Meanwhile my parents pay her half of the rent…till I get married and move out into a house.”

This girl really had her life all set for her, her parents had money, she was engaged, and I was envious.

“Wow you have everything all set for yourself…that is great I wish I was like that.”

She giggled and patted the sofa for me to sit next to her. “Hey we can order take out and chat…get to know each other. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a friend that I can actually call a friend.”

I smiled and agreed with a nod. We spent the rest of the night just talking about our lives and getting to know each other…and when I came to realize it I had already been living there for three weeks and had gotten to know her very well.

I had met her very handsome and friendly fiancé Trevor, I knew that she had a sister named Tiffany who would also be getting married soon to her long term boyfriend.

We went to school together, worked together, and I was even included in the wedding plans.
Chapter 3 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hope you like...it was the only way I could think of them bumping in to each other again! Let me know what you think!
“Ok so don’t let my sister get to you…she can really be a snob when she wants to” I nodded nervously.

We walked down the hall and into the ballroom it was spacious and very bright “Tiffany” Becky shouted as she squeezed her sister tight.

“Hey there girlie…I’m so sorry that I haven’t been around to help you that much…but you know that he is working out in Florida really hard so we can get married by the end of the year” they both giggled and chatted for a while, I felt as though they forgot that I was standing there.

“Oh my god how rude look Tiffany this is my new friend and maid of honor Kayla” I was surprised, I knew I was in the wedding, but not that I would be her maid of honor

“Hi nice to meet you” I shook her hand waiting for her to respond.

“Hi, so Becky what do you think of this place for our engagement party next weekend?” She sure was a snob; she didn’t even really acknowledge my presence.

Becky gave me a comforting smile “Uh it’s great you’re getting engaged so soon?” she twirled happily.

“Yes I finally convinced him that we would be better off married.” Well I couldn’t wait to see whom she would torture for the rest of his life.

We reached home and for some reason I felt flustered, with all the wedding plans all around me. I felt lonely; I wanted to be in love again.

I ran into the barn and hid behind a haystack, I giggled a little to see Kevin running around the barn looking for me. “I’m going to find you one way or the other?” he yelled with a chuckle.

I became so nervous that I ran right past him and out into the field, he ran right behind me yelling at the top of his lungs “You’re a cheater your supposed to wait for me to find you”

I began to laugh so hard not noticing a small pot hole in my path, my foot slammed into the hole breaking it instantly.

I yelled with pain, as Kevin came to my aid once again “Kayla are you ok?”

I wailed with agony “No, I think I broke it…” He struggled to carry me the whole way home…


“Kayla?” Becky waived her hand in my face “Earth to Kayla…I’ve been talking to you for the past five minutes and I think you went to lala land.”

I was very startled “I’m sorry it’s just that all this wedding stuff really gets me thinking.”

She laughed “Well tell me are you in love or are you trying to fall out of love?” she waited anxiously for my answer.

What kind of question was that? I had to pause for a few seconds and then I decided to tell her my little love story.

She nodded her head as I told her “Wow that is really deep…I was never in love at that age. I was playing with Barbie’s.”

We both laughed “Maybe you’ll find him again some day, you never know. Right?” I nodded, she was right maybe I would find him again one day and well maybe all this time apart helped him feel the same way I did and then we would kiss, make up for lost time and get married.

I sighed with frustration, who was I kidding obviously he had stayed away from his house for a reason; he had never visited me again, because he didn’t want to see my face.

The week went by fast and before we knew it, we were out shopping for dresses. “Hey how about this one?” Becky held a slinky black dress against her body, as she looked into the mirror.

“Try it on, it looks really nice” I couldn’t stop thinking about Kevin, I couldn’t stop wondering where he could be or what he was doing. I really wanted to see him, but I just couldn’t get the nerve to call him.

I mean what would I say? Becky broke my chain of thoughts with a twirl “Well how does it look?” she smiled.

“That one is perfect…” I exclaimed trying to hide my pensive look, she seemed so happy and in love. I wanted to know what that feeling was like again. Last time I had that feeling it was crushed and I put it away somewhere in my heart.

The night of the party was here and I felt somewhat out of place, everyone was fancy and the food was unappetizing, at least to me.

I fiddled around with a glass of champagne.

Out of the blue Becky grabbed my hand and pulled me away, if only I could have been more prepared for what was to come.

“Hey come I want you to meet my brother in law to be…he is very handsome and sweet.” I walked over to her and scoped out the guy with short dark hair that stood his back facing us.

Then he turned around and all the memories, the feelings and that old heartache came back to me.

“His name is Kevin”

I stood my jaw slightly open “Kevin” I repeated almost mumbled, Becky patted me on the back “I’ll be right back…Kevin this is Kayla she is my roommate and maid of honor.”

She swiftly left me standing in front of him “What are you doing here?” he asked a little surprised.

“What am I doing here?” I repeated the question somewhat in a daze, he shook his head “Yeah…I thought you were back in Kentucky”

I wanted to run, right back out the way I came in, I wanted to see him again, but not this way, I wasn’t even prepared for what I was going to say and sadly it seemed he was to some extent annoyed to see me.

I recollected myself and answered timidly “I was but I’m going to USC with Becky” He took a deep breath and gulped down the glass of champagne that he had in his hand, I had so many damn questions for him as well, the best he could do was ask me what the hell I was doing here.

What did he expect, for me to stay in Kentucky forever.

I was confused could it be that deep down he was happy to see me, but he was getting married so he couldn’t show it.

I wanted to know and unfortunately I got the impression he wasn‘t going to let me know. “So you never called, you never told me that you were going to get married…how about the holidays…you asked me not to forget you and you forgot about me”

He seemed irritated by all my questions, and not to sure what to answer “Wait a minute I...Have the right to get married”

I huffed with anger and disappointment, I decided to walk away and head outside to get some fresh air, unfortunately I couldn’t hold the tears back and they came pouring out like rain.

I hadn’t noticed that he followed me out “You never answered what I asked?”

I turned to look at him, wiping my tears away “Yeah well neither did you” his voice became angry “Well I had my reasons ok. Why can’t you back off”

I threw my hands up in the air, really wanting to hit him “Back off, your getting married and you weren’t even including me…I had the right to know.”

He laughed “No…no you didn’t…plus I didn’t want to hurt you again…and…no…. no you don’t have the right to know.”

“But when you left, I wasn’t expecting you to shut me out of your life…I did have the right, because I was your best friend”

I headed for the door and turned to look at him “And you were mine”
Chapter 4 by kevmylove
I left him outside contemplating, I was so angry my cheeks where burning through my skin, but I had to calm myself down, this night wasn’t about me it was about Tiffany and Kevin and I was not going to be the person to ruin it for them or was I.

I was headed to the bathroom, but happen to be sidetracked by some laughter coming from the janitor’s room. The door was slightly open and dumbly I decided to take a peek and was very shocked by what I saw.

I rushed down the hall and back into the ballroom, just to bump into Becky “Are you ok…you look like you just saw a ghost?”

I drank two glasses of champagne before I could dig up the courage to answer “Yeah…what?”

“I asked if you are ok…you just gulped down two glasses of champagne like water.”

I giggled nervously “Your being silly, I’m fine” Becky looked at me not to convinced about what I was saying.

“Hey I can’t find Trev…”

“Nope I haven’t seen him” I accidentally cut her off, my heart was pounding fast and I was aware that I answered her question before she finished it, maybe I was being too obvious that I had seen something that I shouldn’t have, what was I going to do.

Should I tell her…no, that would really mess up things, her wedding was only a couple of weeks away and she was very excited about it plus she wouldn’t believe that her own sister was sleeping with her fiancé.

The stupid engagement party went on and I was smashed out of my mind along with Becky and Trevor, who had been ignoring her almost all night.

“I…I want to make a toast to…” Becky giggled as she tried raising her glass and ended up spilling it on herself.

"Would you stop being such a fool little sister…your going to get the limo dirty.” Tiffany gushed, I wanted to squeeze the life out of her not only was she deceiving to her sister, but to Kevin…who unfortunately for me seemed to be in love with her.

Becky turned to look at me “Hey I am going to hook you up with Trevor’s friend Mike. He is really nice…he’s black…” Becky began to laugh, which for some reason made me laugh “You know what they say about black guys…” she mumbled and we laughed even harder.

"You two are so immature…I’m not sure what Trevor see’ in you?” We all looked at her and silence filled the limo, but Becky began to laugh again “Your so uptight sis”

I began to laugh too, but in the back of my drunken mind I knew why she had made that malicious comment.

Tiffany rolled her eyes as she nestled her head onto Kevin’s shoulder “Your awfully quiet tonight honey. Is everything ok?” he stared deeply into my eyes.

“Yeah everything is fine.” He kissed her forehead, now I rolled my eyes. We came to a halt, dropping off stuttering Trevor at his apartment, Becky blew him a kiss and we were on our way home.

“You want to help me take these two upstairs” Kevin asked Tiffany as he helped Becky out of the limo first.

“No…I’m so fed up with them right now…you go ahead, I’ll wait here”

He also helped me up the stairs as Becky and I engaged in a drunk conversation totally ignoring him “Here help her she really needs it” Becky laughed as she looked for her keys, I held on tight to Kevin as I caught a glimpse of his green eyes looking at me.

Becky was finally able to open the door as she collapsed into the apartment “Oh my god Kayla I haven’t had this much fun since…I don’t’ know” then she disappeared into her room and as we headed to mine I saw her passed out cold on her bed.

I fell on to my bed, accidentally pulling him with me, we laid staring into each other’s eyes an awkward silence filled the room “Thank you…” I tried speaking but suddenly felt dizzy and ill to my stomach.

“Are you ok?” I breathed in his scent “No…I’m going to be sick” my head fell back as he managed to get up, he dragged me to the bathroom, I took a seat on the tub and let out all my alcohol into the toilette as he held my hair “You’ll feel better after that, I’ll be right back”

He ran out as I fell to the floor hugging the toilette, I could hear him rummaging through the kitchen cabinets and suddenly there he was standing in the doorway with a cup, looking as handsome as he did the last time I had seen him.

I wanted to cry now, but I was fighting to hold the tears back. “Here this will definitely make you feel much better”

He handed me the cup that fizzed and I took a sip “I’m so sorry…Tiffany must be waiting for you”

“It’s ok…it’s the least I can do” and then I did it…I began to cry “What now?” he asked alarmed.

“It’s just that I can’t believe after three years I find you and your getting married and you act like you never wanted to see me again. Why?” he sat down next to me as he ran his fingers through my hair “I was afraid…because of what you said when I drove off, I didn’t want to hurt you. I spent the holidays at Tiffany’s mom and my parents always went with me. I asked them not to mention anything”

I didn’t know if what he was saying was a good thing, I couldn’t focus on what he was saying, but it sure felt like old times sitting in the bathroom with him next to me, taking care of me.

“Look I’m so passed that, I…I don’t think of you like that anymore…I’m just more upset that you forgot about me.”

Yeah right! Just what I had feared was happening seeing him again, stirring up all my old feelings this really sucked “You better go, before your lovely fiancé has a heart attack.”

He stood up and gave me a hand “Thanks again” He gave me a smile that broke my heart all over again. From the window I watched him hop into the limo and drive off with that wicked fiancé of his. What was I going to do?

The next morning Becky startled me with her moans as she entered my room, I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes.

“What is wrong Kayla? Did something happen last night?”

I really didn’t want her to know that her sister’s fiancé was my Kevin. “Uh…no it’s just that I’m getting home sick. Last nights party was really stressing and it wasn’t even for me.” I chuckled

“We were so hammered last night girl…I’ve got the biggest headache. Are you sure your ok?” I reassured her with a smile that I had to force, all I could think about was that Trevor and Tiffany were making fools out of two people that were very important to me.

I met up with Becky in the kitchen “Hey is your sister always such a bitch” So I said it, I had to or my tongue was going to explode, now I just had to wait for Becky’s reaction to my big mouth.

“Uh…yeah she thinks she’s perfect, that is why she is trying to rush and get married if possible before me.”

I wanted to come out and say it your sister and your fiancé are doing each other

I must of mumbled my thought because she looked at me pensive “Did you just say something?”

I shook my head, and swallowed down the words stuck in my throat “No, your still drunk aren’t you?” she laughed “Your dumb! Your always mumbling to yourself” The subject was put to the side for the day as we headed for work.
Chapter 5 by kevmylove
"Hello…hi mom…that is great yes, of course it’s this weekend. You’ll get to meet her then. Bye mother” Becky hung up the phone and turned to look at me, I waited for the big news. What was this weekend?

“Ok now I know that you are home sick and all, but you are my maid of honor…and you have to come down to the resort for the rehearsal dinner.”

WHAT? I yelled, in my mind “But, I really don’t want to be an incon…” she stood up and placed her hands on her hips “Now you are my best friend and I would really like it if you are there. Yes my bitchy sister and her fiancé will be there but…wait a minute…”

Oh god she figured it out, I waiting for the words to come out of her mouth “I have to call them before they leave me hanging” I sighed with relief, not to be mean but I guess blondes are kinda dumb, or what if she knew but she didn’t want to bring it up, because according to her it’s a touchy subject.

“Well pack up girl it’s already Thursday we leave tomorrow after work, Trevor will meet us there”

Trevor was going to meet us there, and by any chance was Tiffany meeting us there two…disgusting “How about your sister and Kevin?”

“Their meeting us there too…I couldn’t get that day off so I’m stuck getting there last.”

I felt so bad, I knew something that was a matter of happiness for two different people and I couldn’t say anything.

“Fine I’ll pack up” I walked glumly into my room “Your acting very weird” she muttered as she entered her room.

We reached the hotel and outside waited that lying, cheating scumbag Trevor “Hi baby…I almost thought you had changed your mind?”

He embedded a kiss on her lips, which made my stomach churn “Hi their Kayla how’s it going?”

Don’t talk to me asshole “Fine thanks…” My stomach was bubbling at the thought of spending a weekend with Tiffany, Kevin, Trevor, and Becky’s parents, it really made me nervous.

“Honey!” I heard an older voice holler from across the nice garden “Daddy” Becky embraced the older man and let him have a couple of kisses on the cheek “Come you must meet my best friend Kayla” she pulled him through the garden and over to me, I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans.

“This daddy, is Kayla my best friend and maid of honor” he threw me a smile and shook my hand “Nice to meet you Kayla I’m Fred” We began conversing about how excited Becky was about the wedding, and I began to feel bad once again, not only because I knew a horrible secret, but for the reason that I missed my father and my mother.

I had recently spoken to them, but I missed them In general.

“Becky this place is beautiful honey…” the lady kissed Becky’s forehead and hugged her tight “My baby is getting married that is wonderful” the lady looked back “Your sister should be on her way here”

“Mother come meet Kayla my maid of honor” I shook the woman’s hand “I’ve heard so much about you guys, Becky talks about her family all the time.” They smiled proudly at their baby.

I was all unpacked and with nothing else to do, so I decided to head out to the garden for a walk.

As I strolled through, smelling the flowers I caught a glimpse of Trevor and Tiffany making out behind some bushes, I tried to play as though I didn’t see them, but as I backed up I bumped into Kevin.

“Hey there, I thought you were hiding from me”

I was startled and confused “Uh…no I where is your fiance?” I was worried, as I took a glimpse at the spot where I had seen them; they were no longer there.

My worry now was, had they seen me and if they did what would they say or do. “I was bored in my room, decided to come out here and see what there is to do”

I smiled “I know me too. I am sharing rooms with the bride to be but she has disappeared”

We decided to take a seat on a bench and just talk.

“Hey come sit I want to talk to you” I sat down a little scared of what he was going to say “What is going on?” I asked a little impatiently.

“I’m moving…I’m leaving this place for good.”

I felt a rush of heat all through my body “But I’m going to graduate soon, and who am I going to take to the prom?” I began to feel the tears accumulating and a knot growing in my throat.

“Listen don’t be mad at me, I would love to go to another prom with you but I just have to get out of here you know what I mean?”

I stood up “No…I don’t know what you mean…I thought you loved it here I thought we were best friends and that we would be close forever” I ran off…


“So you still space out huh?” Kevin gleamed with a smile “I guess so” I giggled a little embarrassed, ever since he had left I always went deep into my reminiscence and became trapped in there.

“I was meaning to ask you how things were back home?”

He had the nerve to ask me, like his parents didn’t update him “Well normal, for prom Rick the quarter back spiked the punch and well everyone was a little tipsy literally everyone. For graduation he broke his leg while doing a flip after receiving his diploma.”

Kevin laughed, as if he missed being back home, but I wouldn’t ask. “Uh…oh I worked at Millie’s Market for a year with Julie…”

He chuckled in disbelief, “With Julie? You and Julie in the same place?”

I looked at him, as I sarcastically responded “I can be nice you know…she was still an air head let me just say. Well she got married to David…remember David?”

Now he was the surprised one “David, goofy glasses…checkered sweater…president of the math club?”

I nodded with a grin and added, “They also had a baby girl named Cody and guess who her favorite babysitter was?”

We both sat there laughing; suddenly our laughter became awkward silence as we both stared at nothing.

I didn’t know if I should speak or just let the silence flow.

Kevin decided he would break the awkward silence “I met her in Kentucky…a couple of months before I left!” he didn’t even have the nerve to look at me,

I turned to look at him “Why didn’t you just tell me?” he shrugged “I don’t know I was confused…she lived in the city and well I had an idea of how you felt. I didn’t want to make things worse...”

I sighed, why did I feel like such a fool at this moment.

“Just answer this” he turned to look at me “Did you ever feel the way I did?”

I took a swim in his green eyes and felt weak in the knees. Thank God I was sitting down. “Well of course, but you have to remember that you were…are a baby compared to me”

I shook my head “No I’m not your only three almost four years older than me. But anyway that is over its…done”

We continued to stare at nothing “So how does it feel to get married?”

“Uh a little scary…sometimes I think that Tiffany is really different from me, she likes to go to cocktail parties and mingle. I like to stay home, have romantic dinners, talk…not to mention that she is slightly bossy”

we both giggled but were interrupted by the devil, who stood her hands on her hip as though she was his mother. “Kevin I’ve been looking for you for the past hour!"

Damn was she a hypocrite, the past hour she had been swapping spit with Trevor in the bushes!
Chapter 6 by kevmylove
“We are having dinner remember all together…even you maid of honor, my sister is looking for you.”

I shook my head and began to walk away, I tried to make out what they were saying to each other and if I wasn’t mistaken it sounded as though she was asking him where he knew me.

I was wondering if he would actually tell her, wait a minute that meant that he had never mentioned me to her. Was I mad about that? I guess I didn’t really have the right to be.

I reached my room and found Becky rummaging through her luggage “Kayla I can’t find that stupid dress…I really wanted to wear it”

I took her hand and sat her on my bed “Now take a deep breath and calm your ass down. I will look for the dress ok…didn’t you hang it up in the…” I opened the closet and there dangled the dress that she was so frantically looking for.

She hugged me tight “What would I do with out you?”

I faked a smile, all I wanted to do was tell her, scream it out to her don’t get married

“Did you say something…your always mumbling girl.”

I shook my head “No…you know me I am always talking to myself…I was just asking my self what the heck am I going to wear…such a special night.”

“I know we have to hurry, we don’t want to be late…Trevor will be waiting for me. I love him”

I need to run to the bathroom and just throw up, really how could she not see how fake he was. Well I guess no one could; I wouldn’t have believed it, if I hadn’t seen it for myself.

We all arrived at the same time, these dinners were to fancy and such a process to me…first would be the appetizers with cocktails, followed by salad, then dinner and last desert.

I sighed with annoyance, the worst was mingling, I knew no one to mingle with…and I was not going to dance. I sighed again as I pulled up the strap to my dress and I could feel some eyes on me, yes I could imagine Tiffany and Trevor devouring me with their eyes, wanting to get rid of me.

But when I looked up, I was surprised to see him, Kevin looking directly at me. I couldn’t help but smile and it must have been contagious because he smiled back.

I looked back down, god forbid that Tiffany see me…eyeing, flirting…uh what was this called, well doing what I was doing to her fiancé. So I walked around the room looking at everyone and their fancy ways.

Suddenly I was yanked and dragged through the hall and thrown against the wall of the janitor room. “Listen bitch, you didn’t see a thing and you wont tell Becky nor Kevin… we’ve been at this for years and some southern girl is not going to come and fuck it up for us.”

I stood looking at Trevor who now looked somewhat like Jaws about to eat me. “Listen if I wanted to talk I think I would of done it from the first time I saw you guys at the engagement party. Excuse me but I don’t think I want to be the one to do that to both of my best friends”

I broke free from his grip he stood a little confused and he hollered “Both best friends…” I walked away, without an answer.

I tried entering the party as if the encounter had not happened or affected me one bit, but I guess Kevin still knew me to damn well.

“Hey are you ok…you look a little flustered?” I took a sip of wine, which by the way tasted as bitter as I felt.

“I’m fine…I just fill a little tipsy again. That seems to be all I can do around here.”

I walked away and was approached by Becky “I’m so gone…and we are supposed to rehearse…this is fun.”

Her eyes twirled and she seemed to slur, “Do you want to catch some air?” I asked her, as she shook her head and we headed out to the garden.

“I’m so nervous about this that I keep getting drunk. I’m sorry I haven’t been paying much attention to you, but with all these people around I don’t have time…I don’t want to get married.”

I wasn’t surprised and really didn’t know what to say. I stood in silence right next to her, she looked at me probably waiting for reassurance from me, but this time I didn’t have it in me to tell her to go on with it.

“Uh…” Trevor somewhat came to my rescue.

“Honey what are you doing out here it’s about to rain.”

The sky was gray and I had felt a couple of sprinkles on my bare shoulders.

“I was just talking to my best friend…” he glared at me “Yeah well I don’t think she has anything interesting to talk about right now…so let’s head back inside ok.”

As they walked away, he turned to glare at me again. I couldn’t tell if that frightened me or it just made me feel irritated.

I was ready to head back inside, but the door was locked and now the sprinkles where actual drops.

One after the other fell on me as well as on my dress and I couldn’t find a way back into the reception area.

Out of no where it was as if there was a band playing in the sky and if I wasn’t mistaken a ray of lighting had hit somewhere near by, my worry became panic and I was about five to seven minutes away from the actual hotel.

When I came to realize it, I was soaked and my shoes made a squishy sound when I walked. I stood under a door entrance where according to me I wouldn’t get wet anymore.

“Hurry its starting to rain” we ran as fast as we could, I had never seen the sky light up like it was, not even on a fourth of July.

I held on tight to Kevin’s hand as we flew across the fields and past the barn, suddenly out of the sky a funnel cloud fell right over it, things flew everywhere and I froze, Kevin continued running not noticing he had left me behind.

In the distance I could here our names being called, I couldn’t believe our barn was gone and my horse Rocket too. Kevin had returned and without a word dragged me towards the house both of our families waiting for the cellar to open.

I still stared in awe at what was left of our barn. “Come on get in Kayla” Kevin yelled at me, as I began to cry and yell “Rocket I have to save Rocket” He hugged me tight “Rocket is gone Kayla…he’s gone.”
Chapter 7 by kevmylove
I was startled by a crash of thunder, the rain was taking a break now and I was taking advantage to find a way back into the damn party.

As I wandered around I heard some voices; it was Kevin and Tiffany arguing about what, I didn’t know I was to far to make out what they were saying. Damn it, but I watched as she rolled her eyes and did her little hip thing. Then slammed the door in his face, I wondered if he knew that the door automatically locked or maybe this was my chance to get back in.

I waited and then he tugged at the door, I couldn’t help from giggling as he struggled to open it. Was that how dumb I looked trying to open a door that no matter what I did would not open.

With another break of thunder it began to pour again and I thought this time I wouldn’t be rained on alone. “Door locked?” I asked mockingly, Kevin looked at me shocked either I had scared him, or he was just amused at how wet I was.

“What the heck happened to you? Decided to take another shower this evening…?” As we laughed and made fun of each other the rain now soaked us both “You wouldn’t have a suggestion would you?”

I shrugged “Make a run for the hotel”

He sighed, as he looked at the garden all muddy now. “Ok…hey remember when you saw that tornado?”

“Yeah it took my Rocket” he nodded sympathetically “Yeah but I gave you Daisy. Is she still around?”

I nodded “Yes she is daddy’s baby!”

We had decided to make a run for it and so he took my hand in his and we began to run, but we miscalculated how muddy the garden was.

Out of the blue, Kevin fell on his ass and took me along for the fall. We rolled around trying hard to get back on our feet, my shoes were now brown and my hair was filthy, Kevin’s suit was totally ruined but all we could do was laugh uncontrollably, finally he stood up and reached for my hand.

We now ran hand in hand as the rain cleaned the mud off.

It was just like old times, I wondered what I had done to send him away…I wanted to ask but I didn’t want to open a new can of worms. I also wanted to tell him about Tiffany…that she was a slut…a bitch…a whore…we finally arrived at the hotel and stood outside huffing and puffing just staring into each other’s eyes.

I wanted to kiss him badly, but I was afraid that if I did I would ruin the moment. “I’m sorry for ruining your outfit”

“It’s ok…it really wasn’t your fault…” I smiled reassuringly and then he did it, he leaned in and kissed me.

It must have been the longest kiss I had ever received; I felt his warm hands around my waist. I was afraid to respond the way I wanted and then anger flushed through my body and I pulled away “Are you crazy?”

I was angry, why was he playing stupid games like that…couldn’t he tell that my feelings were the same. I ran off without hearing his response, and could hear him calling my name.

The next morning I woke to the sound of Becky barfing in the bathroom, I ran to her “Oh my god are you ok? That doesn’t sound so good” she looked at me her eyes sunk in “I was so fucked up last night” and then she continued her hurling, as my eyes widened at the choice of her words.

I helped her up as she washed her mouth and face; we took a seat on the bed.

“Hey where were you last night, that party was so dull…that all I could do was get drunk. Trevor and my sister were mad at me and well I didn’t care.”

What was I supposed to say to her, tell her that they were only like that with her because they really wanted to be together? I took a deep breath and thought I would give it a try “Have you ever wondered why your sister and Trevor are constantly on your case?” she looked at me startled.

“No, I…why do you know something…are they planning a surprise?”

Surprise alright…where did I go from here…was she really this ignorant “That…I don’t know…but I mean don’t you wonder why they…” and my words were interrupted by Tiffany storming into the room.

“Thank god your ok…I thought you had gotten alcohol poisoning or something…geez”

Becky laughed “No, silly I’m totally fine…I mean I puked on myself and in the toilet more than I could count…but I’m fine.”

Tiffany glared at me “So miss best friend where the hell where you last night?”

With your man, how does it feel to have the tables turned? Not that I was doing anything similar to you.

Becky and I laughed as I told her my story about getting stuck outside in the rain, of course I didn’t mention that I got stuck out there with Kevin or that he had kissed me, although I did think about it a lot.

She suddenly stopped me in the middle of the hall “Now listen I know that this is a lot of stress for you, because you don’t know anyone and because my sister for some reason isn’t very fond of you…but I appreciate you being here.”

Her eyes became watery “Listen actually it turns out that I do know why she…“ but again I was interrupted and now by Trevor who swept by and took her without a word, she turned to look at me and yelled “I love you…and remember I appreciate it.”

I nodded in discontent and continued down the hall I sat at the bar and had a tequila shot “Need guts for something?”

I turned to look and there he was again, here I was trying to avoid anyone that knew about my existence and there he was.

“Hi…no just trying to disappear” he smiled and took a seat at the stool next to me.

“Really your still trying that?”

I couldn’t help but smile, so I tried disappearing a couple of times when we were small and it didn’t work.

“Very funny…it almost worked once.” We laughed, but he quickly changed the subject “Listen I wanted to apologize for last night…”

I didn’t let him finish “Oh don’t worry it’s already forgotten…” I didn’t want him to know that the kiss meant anything to me.
Chapter 8 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Sorry to throw you off...but I'm trying to fix the format of the story...
After an hour of conversation with Kevin, Becky came running towards us “You guys wont believe what is happening?” I was worried.

What the hell could be happening?

“What? What is it?”

Then she blurted it out “We might be moving the wedding to tomorrow night…I know it’s a Sunday but it will just be family…Trevor says that it’s better…he wants to marry me right away.” She turned my stool around and wrapped her arms around me; I patted her back and was once again speechless as I looked at Kevin.

“But what about all your guest for next weekend…and your reservation here”

She smiled enthusiastically “Trevor has it all worked out…apparently he had it all planned”

Apparently he did!

She ran off leaving me more than worried, trying to plan how to stop the wedding. “You don’t seem to happy about the news?” Kevin looked at me concerned.

“Oh, no it’s just that…” I couldn’t tell him, it was HIS fiancé causing my agony. “Listen I have to go…everything is ok between us…”

I walked away and headed for the garden, I had to sit and think really hard what to do. As I sat on a bench, Trevor approached me.

“Hey their big mouth”

“Shouldn’t you call me names once I open my mouth…” I stood up “Cause don’t think for a second that I wont try to keep you from hurting her”

I began to walk away but he grabbed my arm “Go ahead try it and you’ll be sorry”

I yanked my arm out of his grip “I’m not afraid of you…pig” I sounded strong, but deep down I was scared out of my wits.

I decided to head to the room and take a nap, I had way to many things to think about and I really didn’t want to at the moment. As I began to sink into a dream, Becky came rushing into the room “Oh I’m sorry I didn’t mean to wake you”

She swung the closet door open, she turned to smile at me embarrassed as it crashed against the wall "I’m so sorry, it’s just that I’m really nervous about tomorrow you know”

I sat up on the bed and cleared my throat “Yeah about tomorrow. Are you sure about it?” I must have had a really concerned look on my face, because she took a seat next to me.

“Is everything ok?”

No, not really your man is a scumbag and your sister is a conniving bitch, of course that was said in my mind “Oh well it’s just that…” I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth, just to see her concerned face and how excited and nervous she was about such a big day.

“I’m just really home sick lately that is all…seeing you with your family really makes me miss mine.”

She slapped my knee playfully “Oh silly your like family here…now help me fix everything for tomorrow…” once again stopping the wedding, tormented me.

“Well do you want to do it tomorrow? I mean you were happy that it was going to happen in a couple of weeks”

Becky sighed as she looked out the window “Marrying him any day…would be fine with me…I mean now I know that he really loves me. You know my last roommate had said that he was after my trust fund” She laughed loud as she went back to rummaging the closet.

A trust fund…so that was it

I leaped out of the bed and headed to the door "I need a walk..."

She smiled "I know that he is your Kevin...but listen my sister loves him and your going to find somone to really love you Kayla"

Huh? How do you know this? I stood in the doorway dumbfounded and speechless, as she laughed "You gave it away that day I introduced you...and I heard you guys talking the other day..."

I didn't know what to say "Oh...well you've been so busy..." she smiled reassuringly “I know, I haven’t had time to talk to you about it…I’m just sorry that he is already taken by my sister, but I can reassure you that they are very happy”

Yeah sure they are, thats why your sister is sleeping with your fiancé.

I sighed heavily in frustration, I just couldn’t understand. Why was this happening to me… "Right...he told me he is very happy and I'm happy for him you know. So don't worry about me...I'm gonna get some fresh air."

I walked out into the hallway, I just needed to be away from all that tormented me…including Kevin. I headed up to the roof, only there could I be alone and at ease.

I was huffing and puffing by the time I reached the roof, a sigh of relief escaped me. Never had I noticed that I was so out of shape, I laughed at myself for being so lazy. I leaned over the rail and gazed at the garden, it was so beautiful and peaceful, nothing like I was feeling.

Maybe I should just run away, go back home without telling anyone and I won't have to worry about this dark secret that I know.

I hadn’t been standing there for to long when I was startled by Trevor holding me from behind. “Hey there…” I tried wiggling away from him, but he compressed me over the ledge.

“Do you want me to be afraid of you?” I managed to voice.

“Of course…I’m not going to let no ranch girl come and fuck up my plans…I’ve been waiting for this for to damn long…” I was starting to hurt, my body was pressed against the ledge and his body weight.

“Why her…why can’t you just marry her slutty sister”

He laughed as he now turned me around “She’s flat broke that is why she is marrying hard working Kevin…he’s saved all his money for a family. What an idiot.” My eyes grew wide, I really had to do something.

“Now listen I don’t trust you…so maybe if I do something to you now…tomorrow you wont be at the wedding”

Wait! What? Do something to me…like what? He finally let me go and turned around and before I could do anything he let me have one right in the face.

I must of fell back, cause the next thing I recalled was him on top of me, he had his hands up my skirt. Kayla Marie out of all the days you had to wear a skirt today and make it easy for him. I couldn’t even yell, his hand was right over my mouth, as I could feel his other sleazy hand all over me.

I closed my eyes waiting for it to happen, but he was startled by the noise of a door closing and suddenly he was standing and giving me a hand.

I smacked it out of my way and stood up on my own, I was so violated I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t show him any weakness. “This is just another warning…but next time I will do it!” he grunted nastily.
Chapter 9 by kevmylove
I couldn’t even speak the knot in my throat was just to big. I hugged myself and headed back to my room, I looked down watching the pattern of the carpet with every step.

Where could I go now? Trevor was serious, he would hurt me in a heartbeat and I wasn’t going to let that happen.

I made my way back to the room and was startled to find Becky and Tiffany sitting on the bed, Tiffany was in tears and as I entered I found my things scattered all over the bed and Becky had an angry face. “Is everything ok?” I asked.

“No, you are a backstabber, how could you do that to my sister…”

Ok…what did I do…wait a minute it was her, she had to be screaming at, not me. “What are you talking about?”

She stood up and suddenly let me have a slap in the face “You kissed him the other night, you didn’t even have the decency to tell me”

Oh god, she was turning the tables around so I could look like the bad guy…girl…whatever…

Tiffany gave me a look, with a grin and stood up, her fake tears running down her cheeks “No matter what you do, we are happy and we are going to get married you know…you can’t just come and think you can change everything.” Was there a use in trying to explain myself I doubt it…I couldn’t rat her out now…Trevor was probably waiting for me with his pants half down out in the hall...and I was not going to have that happen.

“Well it was really not me…it just happened and it meant nothing.”

Tiffany went on with her act “Oh now your going to blame him for it huh?” Becky looked at me with disappointment “You need to leave Kayla…we are no longer friends. Come on Tiffany…when I come back I want you gone.”

I swallowed the knot in my throat “Ok…” I know…lame, but that was all I could say.

I struggled with my luggage out to the front, there was a taxi waiting for me. Talk about getting rid of me the driver took my bag and threw it in the trunk, was he mad at me too…did it really matter. I looked back at the hotel and could of sworn I saw Kevin’s face in the lobby window, but as I double checked there was no one there.

Was that what hurt the most? Finding him, knowing that I still loved him and now I was losing him again.

All I could think of was that I would go back to Becky’s to get my things and head back home, there was nothing for me to do out in California anymore and that was exactly what I did.

When I came to realize it a taxi was dropping me off in the front of my house, I sighed with frustration yet relief. There was no Kevin, Trevor, Becky or Tiffany to worry about.

As I took my luggage from the driver, my name was called out. “Kayla…” I turned to look and there stood Kevin many years older…well not Kevin, but his dad.

“Mr. Jerald! How are you?” he hugged me tight, “Oh it’s nice to see your shining face. I’m fine thank you…but what brings you back?”

I sighed and unfortunately the memories came back “Oh just California isn’t my thing” he smiled and patted my shoulder.

“Wish my boy would of said the same thing…uh…you didn’t happen to see him…he has forgotten about us, been waiting for his call for days”

Why am I not surprised! I sighed “Yes I did…he is actually attending a wedding today…for his sister in law, he is doing good…soon he will get married too.”

Mr. Jerald didn’t seem to convinced about it “I don’t’ know that girl doesn’t strike a bit of trust in me. But I love him and respect his decision.” He smiled warmly.

After my small conversation with Mr. Jerald I headed for my house, finally I would see my mom and dad after a couple of months.

I opened the door slowly, a whiff of apple pie came my way. “Mom…dad…” I yelled and before I knew it I had them both standing there with their jaws dropped and eyes wide open.

“What in the world are you doing here?” my mother blurted as she embraced me, I swallowed the knot in my throat.

“I decided that California isn’t for me…I missed you guys.” My dad still stood there looking at me in a daze “Dad are you ok?” after snapping out of it he hugged me tight.

“My little girl is back home. Why is that?”

Well where do I start… I made a best friend who led me to find Kevin, who kissed me, although he is engaged…to my new…or ex best friends sister, whom now thinks I betrayed her trust, and is marrying a guy that Is screwing her own sister, and is after her money…I wanted to help but instead I was going to get raped or killed so…home was my best option.

“I just didn’t like it out there…it’s nothing like here…and I’m staying home.” my dad smiled satisfied with my decision.

“Oh Kayla we are happy to have you back home…right hun”

He looked at my mother who nodded her head as she wiped her hands on her apron. “That is right! Come I have homemade pie”

faI smiled, being home was very soothing and seeing my parents was comforting, for once I felt safe and no one could hurt me now and I didn’t’ have the burden of that dark secret, although it wouldn’t leave me alone.

Three weeks had already passed, but I couldn’t keep Kevin out of my mind. It might have been the fact that my dad always insisted on having the Richardson’s over for picnic dinners or coffee.

Just looking at Mr. Jerald reminded me so much of Kevin, the way he wrinkled his nose when he disagreed with something, or how protective he was of me, the way his eyes saddened when something was wrong or the way his smile melted my heart, since the first day I saw him.

I wiped the tear that rolled down my cheek “You found him didn’t you?” I was startled as I struggled for my eyes to swallow the remaining tears.

“Uh…kind of…” she smiled and placed her hand on my shoulder and giggled “I remember when you first told me about him, how you were so excited that he helped you with that bully…or those horseback rides you took at midnight…which your father knows nothing of…”

I smiled, yeah those were the days, but now they were gone. “Mom he is getting married to a horrible woman…and I wasn’t able to help him realize it.” now she took me in her arms and I couldn’t help it…I just couldn’t hold them back, I had been swallowing those knots for weeks and finally they couldn’t hold back.

I cried, like a baby, I was so devastated, not so much that he didn’t’ love me and was getting married, but the fact that he was going to be used…and I knew it…and had done nothing about it.

“Oh Kayla…there is nothing you can do…he has to figure it out himself…” suddenly our conversation was interrupted by Mrs. Richardson’s screams and then I saw him, Mr. Jerald laying on the ground…I ran as fast as I could.
Chapter 10 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Alright so I finished this one...I had written it but I had to add more. Hope you read and you like!
Everything had happened so fast, that I didn’t have time to think. I sat there staring at nothing, as I pressed down my black dress.

He was gone…what was Kevin going to say…had anyone told him yet?

We ran so fast, I almost had a heart attack, he was laying in the middle of the field. “Dad…dad are you ok?” Kevin yelled as he tugged at his father, I was as startled as he was, I didn’t know what the heck to do.

“I’ll get my dad” I ran once again as fast as I could…

I shot through the kitchen and into the living room huffing and puffing “What in gods name is wrong?” my father leaped out of his chair “Mr. Jerald he is in the field, laying there like he’s dead…hurry” we both bolted out to the field.

A little while later we sat waiting for the doctor to let us all know what was going on with Mr. Jerald, he was sick, with what no one knew… “What happened to my dad?”


I snapped out of memory bliss as I heard the same words “Where’s my dad?” there he stood, his eyes tired and saddened. He totally ignored my presence, but I understood that he was to concerned to notice me.

As Mrs. Richardson told him the news, he fell to his knees and buried his face in his hands. I wanted to walk over and console him, but I doubted he wanted me near, by now he knew what had happened with Tiffany and Becky and I was the bad person.

His brothers came to his aide, I hadn’t seen them around for years. The things that bring a family together. I wiped the tears streaming down my face. Mr. Jerald had just asked for him, maybe that was all he wanted to do, just see Kevin’s face one more time.

I left Kevin to grieve alone for a couple of days, I didn’t’ want to be imprudent, but i was tempted as I saw him sitting on his back porch and decided it was time to talk to him, he hadn’t said a word to me since he had arrived.

“Hi…” a murmbered.

He didn’t even look up “Hey…” I took a seat next to him.

“Are you ok?” Ok that wasn’t exactly what I wanted to say…of course I knew he wasn’t ok…but I had said It!

“How do you think I am Kayla?” he shouted, seriously startling me.

“I’m sorry…”

Once again he shouted “About what exactly are you sorry…that you left without a word… or that you told Tiffany that I kissed you…or that you were fucking around with Trevor? Cause I’m confused…”

My eyes instantly swelled, he had never spoken to me like that “Trevor…what are you talking about?”

He grabbed my arm “Just when I thought you were different…I saw you…with Trevor on the roof...quiet close if you ask me…”

the door closing it was him, get yourself out of this one Kayla. “That’s not what you are thinking ok…you have it all wrong Kevin. You’ve got to believe me!”

He smirked “Yeah…well what was It then?”

I sighed, “I can’t tell you…I just can’t” he glared at me, with so much anger, I began to cry.

“Yeah well if I’m not mistaken it seemed as if you were going to screw your own best friends future husband…now that would make you a whore…”

Did someone empty a bucket of cold water on me…am I in a bad dream? Did he just call me that? I had nothing to say, that was what he saw and I wouldn’t change his stubborn mind.

So once again I ran, this time faster than usual. I reached the barn out of breath and my face flooding with tears and I sat there and cried

About an hour later I heard that damn voice again “Kayla you in here?”

No…damn it leave me alone

He sighed heavily “I ran Kayla…I didn’t know what to do when you said those words…leaving you, hurt more than leaving my parents behind. But I had to get out of here.”

I snuggled into almost a ball “You left me…all alone. You never wrote, you never bothered to call me…nothing.”

Now he took a seat next to me “I know! And I’m so sorry about it really…but I didn’t want to hurt you anymore than I had.”

I sighed louder than I wanted “Hurt me…that was a little selfish don’t you think.”

He looked straight ahead “I know it was selfish…but I met Tiffany and I felt happy and I didn’t want to show you that I was happy…cause…” all I wanted was for him to say that he still had feelings for me.

come on say it Kevin say it

I looked at him as he looked back at me, “Now that my dad is gone…I feel like the world has come to a halt, for the past couple of months I didn’t even call or write to him. I kept promising that I would come down and I never did” He hit the hay with all his might.

Ok what do you I say now…maybe I should make up a white lie. “Kevin he wasn’t mad at you, he actually understood and he was happy that you were happy…I talked to him when I got here”

He looked at me with shame “He was?” I knew I was lying but only a little, deep down I know that Mr. Richardson was happy for his son and that he loved him dearly.

“Yeah he sure was…” “Oh Kayla I messed up…really bad” I embraced him tight and let him cry on my shoulder it felt so nice to have him next to me, just like old times.

I woke the next morning, a little sore from sleeping against hay. Kevin’s head resting on my lap, I caressed his hair as I sighed with frustration.

He woke at my touch, he sat up and rubbed his eyes “Hey…morning” he said as he flashed a smile my way “Morning” I replied now standing and stretching my cramped legs.

“You know your not that light…” I joked as I rubbed my legs

“Excuse me…is that an insult?”

I giggled it was nice to see him smile, “Hum it could be…” he tried grabbing me, but I began for the door and he ran after me “Don’t let me catch you…I’m gonna give you a wet wily”

I ran faster through the fields and past the horses, ok so I was a slow runner and I always got a head start for being the only girl to play hide n seek with the boys.

I hid behind the big green tractor, trying to muffle my laughter, that always got me caught. Suddenly I would here him yell “I see you” I would get so nervous I would dart from behind the tracker and head for the fields, he would chase after me till we couldn’t anymore and usually we would wrestle for a while in the field until he made me repeat “Mercy”


I ran backwards as I stuck my tongue out at him not noticing the hole in the ground, I fell right on my butt, I must have caught him by surprise because he came tumbling right on top of me…we laughed so hard we didn’t even notice the awkward position we were in.

“Are you ok?” he asked as he tried to stop laughing.

“Yes but I can’t breathe” I squealed.

“What why?” now he looked deep into my eyes, it made me shiver. I wasn’t thinking to clearly and my urge was greater than the reality of things.

I pulled him in and I kissed him, but he didn’t hesitate and kissed me back.
Chapter 11 by kevmylove
After what seemed a beautiful eternity we pulled apart, he cleared his throat and got up; he stretched his hand out to help me up.

“Uh…it’s weird how that keeps happening.” he said as he looked down at the ground.

“Yeah I know…it’s…”

He cut me off as he took my hand in his and pulled me “Come on I want to show you something.” after we walked a long narrow path, which I must admit got me tired, I could hear the soothing sound of water trickling.

“Remember that river we used to come out to…I think it’s still here” he said as he trotted down the mound, I followed, I saw the beautiful body of crystal clear water. “Wow” I exclaimed loudly as I turned to look at him.

He ran and jumped without notice into the water “What in the world are you doing Kevin Richardson…you don’t know what’s in there?”

He laughed as he swam around clothes and all. “Come on Kayla don’t be so chicken…you didn’t worry about that back in the day.”

I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes “Well back in the day there were a lot of things I didn’t worry about.” he came out of the water and stood next to me.

“Here give me your hand…we will go together like before” he stuck his hand out and waited for mine.

why did this frustrate me so much, all this back in the day talk, him acting like his father wouldn’t be buried tomorrow, and especially all this kissing with no justification… “No…back in the day is gone…this is now Kevin…”

I began to walk away but he pulled me back “Kayla don’t be so stubborn…you know that we…” I know he was going to say something that I didn’t want to hear, but I could read something different in his eyes.

Then he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in and we began to kiss again, this time more passionately.

Deep down my heart was fighting my desire to go all the way, but my body was telling me the opposite. And of course I listened to my body, we were on the ground now and his wet clothes were soaking me.

I was looking straight into his eyes as he slowly removed my clothes and then his. What I had been waiting for was about to happen. I must have seemed very nervous, because a smile broke across his face as he whispered “Are you ok?“

I shyly nodded Hell I was nervous, I had been anticipating this day for a long time. Of course I didn’t know what would happen later or tomorrow, but all that didn’t matter at this very moment. Ouch holly cow

I’ve got to admit it was a painful start, but soon it became a wonderful and exploding feeling. After all was done we just laid there, in silence, stripped down not only of our clothes, but of our feelings.

I held on to him tight, I didn’t want this moment to end. I didn’t want reality to settle any time soon. “Hey I think we should get back it’s getting dark.”

I sat up as I covered myself with my hands, a little late for embarrassment, but I was. He handed me my clothes as he dressed.

Why did this feel more awkward than I thought it would. “Is something the matter Kevin?” I stood up now, he turned to face me.

“Uh…actually there is…Kayla…”

Oh great now there is something wrong after the deed is done. I looked away and began my route up the mound “Wait…Kayla I haven’t even said anything yet”

He hadn’t said anything yet, but I knew it was something bad

I continued to walk and he followed, before I knew it I could see the houses across the fields…I turned around abruptly “Just say it damn it! Stop giving me the run around like I’m still that little girl that you used to protect…”

He sighed heavily as he looked around “Say it” I yelled again, this time firing him up.

"Fine…it’s…Tiffany she is coming today…”

I let out a scream of anger “What? But what about what just happened right now…?”

He tried grabbing my hand, but I pulled away “That was...something special, but Kayla…I’m still engaged and I am still planning on getting married to Tiffany.”

I broke in a hysterical laugh as I now made way through the field “Kayla…wait would you wait…” he stormed right after me.

“Go away Kevin…I don’t want to talk or see you anymore...just leave me alone.” Finally my yard, anyone have a shovel so I can dig a hole and burry myself…or better yet maybe I’ll throw myself in Mr. Richardson’s tomorrow.

“Kevin…” we both heard a female voice yell in the distance. There she was her dark red hair blowing in the wind, a nice wide smile across her face. I couldn’t help it now my anger was nothing but pain “Well I guess you should go…” I said, the tears began to flow down my cheeks I didn’t want to show him, how much this whole incident hurt, but I couldn’t help it.

“Kayla…” I began to walk towards my house as he stood there, I could imagine torn between greeting his soon to be wife, or running after his long time friend.

“Please…don’t leave like that, you mean so much to me…but we just weren’t meant to be together…” but I didn’t stop I walked past my dad working on the porch, bumped into my mom in the kitchen, but I continued my path to my room.

I took a seat at my window and wallowed.

The funeral was horrible, the preacher saying what he does. Never paid attention to a word he said people sobbing, It was really sad to see Ann‘s face, she was so hurt about her husband…I would of liked to be able to revive him, just for her.

She was the sweetest lady and by what I could see they loved each other so much.
long sorrowful faces, dark gray skies It was like the sky dressed for the occasion too. I glanced over and was pain stricken by the sorrow in Kevin’s eyes, but selfishly I felt more pain to see her cheating, lying, deceiving ass be the one to console him.

His eyes flew my way more than once, but I pretending to not notice and just looked at the deep hole waiting to swallow Mr. Richardson.

Once it was over I just stood there holding a rose, Mr. Richardson had been so good to me and my family ever since we had moved in. I wiped the tears that escaped my eyes “Oh Mr. Richardson…he thought about you everyday…” I threw the rose and was embraced by my mother “Come on dear”

I walked, but I was in a daze in a painful, miserable, self centered daze. That day I refused to set foot at the Richardson’s house and decided to sit at my window and continue wallowing in my pain. Of course I ended up doing that more than I wanted, I watched as Kevin came and went with Tiffany day in and day out, he didn‘t even bother to come look for me or call me.

My mom and dad tried talking to me, but I said nothing, I just wanted to be alone and they respected that. It had been a week and a half and they were still here, I really wanted them to leave so they could stop torturing me with their presence.
Chapter 12 by kevmylove
I rearranged the things in my room, taking down old pictures and throwing them into a box. As I scavenged in my closet a stuffed teddy bear fell on my head although it was stuffed it kind of hurt, and I rubbed my head.

I took a look at the bear and flung it across the room

“Come on I already asked your dad if you could go, it’s only down the street!”

I sighed, I hated rides “Fine but if I puke it’s your fault Kevin.” he smiled as he grabbed my hand and we hopped into his dad’s truck. He drove us down to the fair and we played games and rode the rides…

“Oh my god Kevin I’m going to be sick” I said as I abruptly came to a stop.

“Oh come on Kayla one more game and if I win you can have the prize…” I looked at him skeptical about the whole thing “Fine…but if you lose you have to help me bathe Rocket tomorrow.”

He shook my hand and we headed to the basket ball game. I stood there as he looked at me a little nervous about making the basket.

Luckily for him he made it, on the first try, he grinned proudly as he handed me the stuffed animal. “Here you can keep it…forever” he smiled.


“I remember this thing…” I heard a familiar voice say, as I looked up from the closet. I wasn’t exactly startled, but shocked to see Kevin standing in front of me, holding the bear that I had just flung across the room.

“What do you want?” I asked, a little meaner than I wanted.

He smiled as to mock me “Uh I thought I would come and say good bye!”

I laughed cynically “Well bye then, have a nice trip” I stood up now and headed to my window, I smirked as I saw Tiffany putting her bags away.

“Are you going to stay mad at me forever?” he asked. Silence filled the room.

A stubborn tear escaped my eye as I turned to look at him, his eyes although stern, looked as upset as I felt. “YES” I yelled as I pushed him out of the room “And take this shit with you…”

I once again flung the teddy bear, this time at him, he caught it and continued his way down the hall…I watched him until he disappeared down the steps and I ran to my window and watched as he carried the bear and kissed his mother good bye.

I could tell that Ann was as upset as I was. Why did he have to leave again…why?

I threw myself on my bed and curled up and cried myself to sleep. Although I was upset and depressed I found myself a job as a teachers assistant and enrolled in school. According to me I wouldn’t think of him if I kept myself busy and that was true, the days went by, then weeks then the weeks turned into months and my life was finally settling back down.

I was Mrs. K at Sandy Hill Elementary and the kids were adorable and they loved me. Plus I spent lots of time at school doing different activities, before I knew it I was a cheerleader at Kentucky University and I was having a blast.

I hadn’t heard from Becky or Kevin for months and for all I knew their lives were going as smooth as mine. But all my ease was broken on a Saturday when Ann came running into the house.

I was busy working on my homework in the kitchen, when she busted through the back door “Esther” she yelled at my mother “They are coming back…their getting married here…in my back yard…isn’t that great.“ Quickly my mother turned to look at me, but I pretending to not pay any attention their conversation.

Before I knew it their were all kinds of people coming and going from the Richardson house, decorators, gardeners, wedding planners the whole deal and although I still had all my own activities, it still bothered me to know that I would be disturbed by their existence once again.

Out of all the places in the world they had to choose the backyard next door. Assholes!

But the biggest surprise occurred two days before their arrival. I sat in my Kentucky University cheerleading outfit after a very tight game just relaxing on my porch swing, when a taxi parked in front of the house.

I was a little concerned…in the back of my mind I was worried and waiting to make a run for it if I saw Trevor step out, but instead I saw her…she seemed tired and sad.

Wow she has gained some weight…wait a minute she is expecting…oh my god…NOOOOOOOOOO! as soon as she headed towards me, a grin broke across her face, and it made me smile too. I ran up to her and embraced her tight “I thought I would never see you again…” I gasped as I took another look at her “Look at you…oh my god a baby on the way” I laughed as I rubbed her tummy.

She didn’t seem as happy as I thought she would be “Why didn’t you just tell me?” she looked at me, her eyes full of sorrow. I wasn’t really sure of what part she was talking about, the part that her sister had made up such a lame story or the part of her sister sleeping with her now husband.

“Uh…well I just I couldn’t bring myself to say anything. I didn’t want to hurt you.” I didn't specify, I still didn't know what she was talking about.

She smiled “Well now I understand…but he is after me…and I didn’t know where else to go, I got your address from Ke…vin.” my heart skipped a beat as I heard the name come out of her mouth. It was dreadful how his name still made me weak in the knees.

She seemed pale and very frightened as we made our way into the house, she gasped and held her side “Oh my god…not now!” she talked to herself.

I looked at her concerned “What? Is it time already?” she looked at me with her beady eyes “It’s not time yet I still have one more month to go.” but it was more than obvious that the baby wanted out…now!

Before we knew it she was in labor and my dad had her laying on my bed, we had already called the doctor and after what seemed forever, he arrived.

I was right there watching her pain and how hard it seemed to have a baby... Note to self...never have babies and before I could finish my thoughts...there was a cry.

She was beautiful with dark brown hair and little beady eyes like her mother. I smiled to see how happy she was to cradle the little life in her arms.

It was marvelous and saddening how two people could come together and make such a creation, that resembled their love. Well in this case I wasn’t sure what that child resembled, but the good thing was that her mother was more than happy to see her.

I smiled down at Becky I was still astonished that she was laying in my bed, in my room, with a bundle of joy as my mother called babies, and for all I knew, now she was aware of the whole truth.

My father had been so kind to set up the guest room to accommodate Becky and the baby, but she was usually so scared that she ended up in my room, although it was hard to sleep at night with the cries, I made the best of it, dancing Sandy, as her mother had named her, around the room. She had large blue eyes, and she loved to smile, which kept my spirit at a high.

It was the big day of Kevin and Tiffany’s arrival and I wasn’t too sure what the hell was going to happen, once Tiffany knew that her sister was here with her niece, she would want to pretend to care and I was just not going to take it.

I sat with Sandy on the porch as the big truck pulled into the driveway, as it came to a halt, the first thing I saw were those familiar green eyes glance at me.
Chapter 13 by kevmylove
I began to stand up, but I was startled by fake ass Tiffany running up my stairs and wrapping her arms around frail Becky. As far as I could see Becky wasn’t to amused by her sisters presence, Kevin joined us on the porch.

“Hey there Becky” he smiled as she actually smiled back.

But Tiffany dragged her into the house, if I thought clearly Becky hadn’t explained to me why she was running from Trevor or why she was so upset yesterday. Suddenly I realized I was standing on the porch with Kevin.

“So I guess your still mad at me huh?” he flashed a smile that melted my heart.

“No…I’m not mad…there is nothing to be mad at anymore.” I took my seat again and turned to look at my new little friend.

“So that must be Becky’s new baby huh?” he asked as he took a peak of her little face.

I smirked “No it’s mine…of course its hers. She came rushing here yesterday and had a baby in my virginal room. Well which isn’t so virginal anymore.” I looked away as, I blushed.

He extended his arms “May I? I am her uncle you know.” I handed over Sandy and loved the way he cuddled her in his arms and talked to her in his baby voice.

Meanwhile I could here a not so happy conversation between Becky and Tiffany going on in my kitchen. I was trying hard to make out what they were saying, but my radio active thoughts were interrupted by Kevin.

“Hey have you seen my mom?” he asked as he bounced smiling Sandy.

“Yeah with my mom and dad in the back, their checking out the horses. Daisy is sick and she might not make it. But what do you care huh?” I crossed my arms.

“Jeez are you always in such a bad mood now?”

I gasped “Well let’s see not much to be happy about…well with the exception of one of my best friends being near by and now Sandy…she’s a blessing.”

Before he could answer Tiffany came storming out of the house “Come on Kevin…” she didn’t even notice that he was holding her niece in his hands.

Just like a robot he handed over the baby and marched right behind her, as I turned to look at Becky I noticed that tears were now streaming down her face. “Are you ok Becky?” I asked more alerted than curious.

She took the baby from my arms “Fucking bitch…she wants to play off what I a saw…by saying that it was a misunderstanding. Kayla I saw them with my two own eyes…they were doing it, in my bed.”

I was in awe, so that was what tormented her, no wonder that baby is a couple of weeks early. “So what did she say?” I asked as she took a seat next to me.

“She wants me to go back to Trevor, cause he’s looking for me. And she said she was going to tell him that I was here. What am I going to do Kayla?” I sighed I didn’t know what the hell to tell her, now I was afraid he would come after all of us.

Later that afternoon we headed out to the doctor for the babies first check up. I felt so protective of both of these girls…I was going to take care of them, even if I had to give my life for them. I had fallen in love with Sandy from the moment I saw those cute beady eyes.

“Ok so your gonna wait here for me and I will see you in a bit.” I wanted to go with her, just to make sure, but I didn’t want to scare her more than she already was.

I headed down the hall and into the bathroom, I remembered I hadn’t gone to the restroom all day. As I sat there recollecting my thoughts, I heard the door open, it made me jump. I pulled up my pants quickly almost without wiping…I know to much info, but that’s how it happened.

I sat back down and listened to the rough footsteps hit the floor one by one. They didn’t sound like women steps, whatever that sounds like. “Kayla I know your in here” my heart fell out of my chest and on to the floor.

I wanted to jump into the hole of the toilet, but that was impossible. “Kayla…”

Tears began to escape my eyes as I heard him bashing in every door. I turned to make sure that mine was locked, but as I leaned over to check, it came slamming right into my face, knocking me on to the toilet.

“Aha…there you are.” I saw the fury in his eyes. He’s going to kill me.

He pulled me out of the stall and threw me against the sink “What the fuck are you doing here…no one wants you here.” I blurted. He held my cheeks together “Don’t get smart with me…bitch! Maybe I should finish what I started huh?” He licked my cheek, dirty bastard. Suddenly it occurred to me, to let him have a knee in the balls.

He folded in pain, and I began for the door, but that didn’t stop him. He jumped on my back, knocking me to the ground and then he viciously turned me around. “You never give up do you Kayla…do you want me to kill her…is that what you want. I will kill that damn baby too…it’s mine anyways…and I’m going to take it away.”

Where is everyone, I thought women came to the bathroom all the time. Not a soul in sight damn it!

I stared at the door waiting for a soul to come in. he laughed at me “The bathroom is getting clean, no one will be coming in. So how about we finish what we started…huh?” he now unzipped his pants as I struggled to get out of his grip. He let me have a fist in the eye, I shrieked in pain.

I stuffed my hands in my pocket as he struggled to unzip my pants, I felt on my daddy’s keys and took them out and let him have a key on the side of the eye, my intention was IN the eye.

He screeched in pain and I kicked him, he fell backwards. As soon as he let me go I dashed out the bathroom knocking over the cleaning sign and headed for the nurses office.

“Where is Becky and Sandy?” I huffed out of breath.

The nurse looked at me startled, it had to be the swelling in my eye. “Mrs. Please were are they?” I slammed my hand on the counter, startling the woman. Instead of helping me, she took the action of calling security to escort me out. I was acting crazy I know it, I was kicking and screaming and yelling that he was in the bathroom and he was going to kill us.

My display was to much for my parents they called the doctor to check on me. They couldn’t understand were I had gotten my black eye. Although I kept explaining that Trevor had done it and that we had to take extra care of the baby.

My father looked down on me, his look more concerned than angry. “Kayla what has gotten into you?”

I looked at him, and I looked around the room, all their looks were confused. “Dad…it’s Trevor he was In the bathroom and I saw him…he hit me…he was going to rape me” now I was bawling…I was so scared.

“Oh god maybe we shouldn’t go anymore…hun” my mother looked at my father concerned, with all the commotion I hadn’t even noticed that Ann was sitting on the sofa waiting for them.

There I went acting like a crazy person, I sprung up and grabbed hold of my dad “No don’t’ leave us alone dad…he’s going to come and get us…where is Sandy…Becky were is she. Don’t leave her alone please.” my dad sat me back down.

“Here take this it’s going to make you feel much better” he handed me a pill and a glass of water.

I hesitated, but gave in as I saw his stern look “Kayla, Kevin is right here. I asked him to keep a look out for you ok.” and before I could protest again, everything was fuzzy, I was high off that damn pill and before I knew it Kevin was tucking me into my bed.

I tried getting up, but I knew I wasn’t moving. I could barely make him out “Don’t leave me…” I whispered with all the fear in the world. “He’s going to hurt her…Sandy…” then everything went black.
Chapter 14 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
More drama!
I was awaken by the crashing sound of my window hitting the wall. Everything was still a little blurry, but as I looked around, my clock read ten.

As I settled myself in my bed…I saw someone standing over me, I smiled assuring myself that it was Kevin, but suddenly I felt a tight grip around my neck. I kicked and squirmed trying to break free from the hands that were suffocating me.

I could feel my body getting weaker and the oxygen draining from out of me. My eyes began to water as I tried to make out anything useful around my room. I tried screaming but all I did was strain myself, I finally thought of knocking over the lamp on my table it would crash and startle whoever was downstairs.

I still kicked and squirmed, now I was beginning to fall asleep again, I tried hard to get hold of the lamp, but my hands couldn’t reach. Persistence is great, cause I kept trying and finally the tip of my fingers made the lamp come crashing down. And almost instantly the hands around my neck disappeared and so did the person.

Kevin came flying into the room “What the hell is going on Kayla?” but I couldn’t speak all I did was squeal and hold my neck trying to catch my breath. I couldn’t help, but be angry at the way that he was looking at me, as If I were crazy. “He was here…he tried to kill me…Trevor tried to kill me again. Where is Becky…and Sandy. Kevin!”

“Kayla I think that you are…uh…losing it girl. Did you do that to yourself? Why?” he sat next to me with a weird unrecognizable look on his face.

“What the hell are you talking about? You think I tried to kill myself. Oh my god…why would I do that?” I began to laugh hysterically, ok that wasn’t helping him not think I was crazy. “Why? Because you screwed me the other day and just left. Is that what you think…what do I look like an idiot?”

He was so stupid! Why couldn‘t he believe me, that Trevor was now somewhere in the house. I was just praying that he wouldn’t leave us alone.

“It‘s in there I saw Kevin“ I was terrified I had just seen the little monster come out of my closet and go under my bed. Kevin was always tall, but now he was 15 and taller than usual boys. So I felt more than safe with him in my room.

He bent over my bed and laughed “Kayla their ain‘t shit under here“ he came up and met my terrified eyes. “But I saw it…it was ugly and it was going to eat me Kevin. Please don‘t leave me alone.” and of course that night he slept right next to me, well without my parents knowing of course.


I could see clearly now and he still had that startled look on his face. “Hey just stay here with me please.” I practically pleaded, putting aside his last ridiculous comment.

Instead he stood up “Kayla I can’t right now, I’m getting married tomorrow and I don’t have time for your childish games ok. Tiffany is waiting for me at the house.”

Oh he makes me mad sometimes then I shouted “She’s cheating on you!” I instantly covered my mouth wishing to take those words back.

“What did you just say?” he pierced me with his look “That’s not funny Kayla…your going to far with this stupid game of yours.”

I stood up and met him face to face “It’s not a game Kevin. She is cheating on you, why do you think she hasn’t even bothered to cradle little Sandy in her arms, because she’s fucking around with Trevor.” my cheeks were hot and I felt like he just wanted to slap me.

“You are a lying bitch! I hate you…” and then I started crying, out of all the mean things to call me. “You want me to prove it to you…Becky” I shouted, not caring to wake up the rest of the neighbors “Becky!”

Becky came rushing through the door, Sandy in arms. I felt a big relief to see them alive and breathing. “Becky tell him, tell him that your sister is the bitch…she was screwing you over with Trevor. Please” I was sobbing like an idiot!

Becky looked at him embarrassed of the situation I was putting her in, but she knew it was nothing but the truth. She looked down at Sandy and back at me.

“Becky please just tell me what the hell this crazy person is talking about?” he looked at her so powerless and ridiculed.

She took a deep breath as she opened her mouth with hesitation “It’s true Kevin…she was cheating on you with my Trevor ever since we met. It’s been years…and it was all because of my trust fund and your bank account. They were playing us Kevin.”

His jaw seemed to tense and his eyes water. I tried to touch him but he pushed me away “How long have you known.” Oh this is backfiring, I’m wondering why that tends to happen to me, so often.

I was quiet, he would be so devastated, he yelled at me to answer making me jump “I…uh…” I wanted to lie, just so he wouldn't be mad, but this was about the truth so I looked at him in the eyes “That night we bumped into each other for the first time.” I bit my lip.

He put his hands over his head “So you knew this whole time…after all the shit that happened you knew she was fucking me over and you played it off like nothing. What did you think I didn’t care or what?”

“I wanted to tell you, but I just couldn’t. He was going to hurt me…or you. I didn’t want to hurt you.” once again I tried hugging him.

“Get away…you played me too Kayla. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me. I’m such a fool.” then he left, he walked out of my room.

As I sat back down trying to take in all that had just happened.
Chapter 15 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hello finally I had time to add a little more to this one...I hope you are still interested...thanks!
The big day was here and I was more than nervous, I had to watch the man of my life get married to a backstabbing bitch. Maybe if I pretended to pass out or have some kind of seizure right at the time of the "I do's" that could save him.

My thoughts were interrupted by the small cry of Sandy in my ear, she was so cute. I took her from Becky as my father wrapped his arm around mine "It's going to be ok?" he assured me as we all made our way to the backyard.

My stomach did a summersault as I caught a glimpse of the groom standing at the front of the alter with his best man. He looked so sleek in his black suite with a red tie What the hell a red tie, I bet that crazy woman picked that color… we sat in the middle, luckily I was holding Sandy she was my security Who feels secure with a teeny little person…me!

“I don’t get it…didn’t we get through to him, what an idiot. But then again why am I talking I got married and pregnant and then realized that my man was scum.” she looked at me, but honestly I hadn’t paid any attention to what she had said, I was staring dead straight at the alter, not at him, just the alter. “Are you ok? You look a little out of it.”

I turned to look at her I was feeling the tears begin to accumulate in my eyes, but I didn’t want to cry, what good would that do. I would just show my vulnerability and I had done that plenty with him. “Well it’s his life, Becky. If he wants to marry her, than good for him. Now shut up!:” Suddenly the music began to play. That stupid routine wedding music that they play and everyone gasped.

She stood there her hair up in a bun, curls fell down her face, her make up was impeccable and that smile that nestled across her face, made her even more beautiful. Her dress snuggled her body and it was long with a trailing tail behind. No wonder he was in love with her, she was perfect…well except for the lying, cheating and dirty part of her. I turned to look at him, but he had no expression, not mad, not happy, nothing.

She made her way down the alter slowly as she looked at everyone in each isle when she came face to face with us, her smile was wiped off quickly. I glared back at her, who did she think she was, she was ruining my life. I watched her as she made her way to Kevin, he still had no type of expression on his face. The music finally came to a pause as they stood face to face and the priest approached them.

The whole while that the priest spoke I didn’t hear a word he said all I could do was hear the horrible irregular beating of my heart, it felt hot, no lie I was sweating and for a second I had to hand Sandy over to her mother, I felt I was going to pass out. Finally the part I was waiting for came and I snapped out of that horrible trance I was in.

“Do you Tiffany Michaels take Kevin Richardson to be your…” I heard the priest begin and once again the woozy feeling came over me, when I came back to my senses she was saying I do. Then the big question came “Do you Kevin Richardson take Tiffany Michaels… to be your lawful wedded wife, to love, honor and cherish her through sickness and in health, through times of happiness and travail, until death do you part?”

There was a long pause of silence and out of the blue Kevin stood up and faced the crowd, frantically Tiffany stood up to and jerked him towards her “What are you doing Kevin?” she asked in what she thought was a whisper. “Let go of me, and as for that question…no I don’t take this woman to be my wife. Because this whole time she has been…” he looked in my direction as I gasped.

“She’s been fucking up on me with her own sisters husband…so hell no I won’t marry you. Not now…not ever.” and with that he stormed off, leaving Tiffany in a rage and tears. As for the guest they all stood just staring at the weeping bride on the alter.

“Oh my god…what the hell was that…talk about humiliation.” Becky snickered, she seemed pleased to see her sister suffering, although I had to admit that I felt somewhat pleased myself, she wouldn’t hurt him any longer. But at the same time I felt bad for her too, she had seemed like a newly bloomed flower as she walked down the isle and now she had withered. My father took my mother and I by the arm and we all headed back to the house.

Through out the day I watched from the porch with Sandy in my arms, as the guest departed. Becky joined me, she took a seat right next to me, as she examined her baby again “I‘m scared…” she murmured “She’s not going to let this go” I looked at her a little concerned, I know she could see the fear in my eyes “What are we going to do, your parents are leaving tonight with Mrs. Richardson on their cruise.”

I wanted her to stop, she was really worrying me. But my worries only got worse when I heard yelling and then Tiffany stood on my porch “You bitches…you told him didn’t’ you. Oh but this is not the end, I will have you killed and you, your supposed to be my sister…how could you do this to me. Your going to be sorry…” then she walked away and hopped into the taxi that awaited her.

Becky and I looked at each other more worried about what would happen now.
Chapter 16 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Once again sorry for the wait...I"m going through writers freakin block which sucks! I hate it! But I hope you like this chapter...thanks!
That night I couldn’t sleep all I could imagine was Trevor and Tiffany coming after us and most likely killing us all. My parents were gone for the weekend and we were all alone, although I knew Kevin wasn’t to far away, at this point he would let us die and rot.

I tried my best to close my eyes and sleep, but I just couldn’t. Not to mention that the storm that had just started was making me uneasy, the raindrops were splashing hard against the windowpane and the spooky noise that the branches made against the house, made my skin crawl.

I stared at the door although it was dark there was a crack of light that came through my window. I preferred to look at the door, just thinking about looking at the window creeped me out, all I could imagine was Trevor’s eyes looking right back at me, my thoughts were interrupted by the door swinging open, I felt I swallowed my tongue.

I sat up quickly and switched the light on, forgetting about my thoughts on the eyes in the window. “I’m so sorry to scare you like that, I just couldn’t sleep.” Becky peaked through the door, holding little Sandy.

Although she had scared the living shit out of me, I patted my bed “Sure there is plenty of room for all three of us.” She gently laid Sandy in between us and laid next to her. “Don’t worry Becky everything will be ok girl…” I smiled at her as I turned off the light and now turned towards the window.

As I lay there, the exhaustion taking over me, but I just couldn’t bring myself to close my eyes. I was so worried that something or someone was coming to get us. Suddenly a noise from the downstairs made me jump up, I looked towards the door, thinking twice about walking over and opening it.

Now these are the reasons why people get slaughtered in those scary movies, because they can’t mind their own business, because they can’t just walk away and ignore the stupid sounds that terrify them. I got up and headed for the door, I turned to make sure that Becky and Sandy were still there and they were, sound asleep.

I opened the door slowly and poked my head out, the hall seemed really long and narrow for the first time, it seemed endless. I stepped out as quiet as I could, trying not to make a sound. I crept down the stairs and peered into the living room, but I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

I walked around the rest of the house, my heart was pounding so fast I thought it was going to shoot right out of my chest. I began to giggle at the amount of fear I was feeling, maybe I was being a little paranoid, but just as I turned to go back upstairs something came crashing on to my head and I saw black.

When I woke, I woke to a cry and screaming. “Leave her alone, she has nothing to do with this you know.” I heard Becky’s voice, I wiped the blood that trickled down my forehead. “Are you ok?” she knelt down to check my forehead.

I looked over and saw Trevor standing there holding a crow bar in his hands “Nice to see you again pussy cat.” he laughed as he demanded I stand up and walk towards the back porch. We obeyed and began for the door “Don’t try calling him and getting his attention or I’ll hurt him too.” I felt him poke my back with the bar.

“What do you want Trevor?” I blurted forgetting that he had the bar in his hands and how easy it was for him to whack me across the head with it. He laughed as he pulled me in “You ruined my plans pussy cat…and now…I’m very angry.” he suddenly let me have a smack on the side with the bar, a yelp of pain escaped my mouth as I fell down to the floor in pain.

“Leave her alone Trevor, she has nothing to do with this, she kept your dirty secret all that time…” she glared at him as she squeezed Sandy protectively. Sandy as long as he doesn’t hurt Sandy we will be ok.

“Alright hand over the baby…” he held out his arms, waiting for Becky to hand over Sandy, I quickly nodded my head and exclaimed “No…don‘t do it Becky…don‘t!” He turned to look at me as he raised the bar again. I flinched not another one of those, why couldn’t he be a man and use his fist damn it.

Becky began to hand over the baby, but before he could grab her I grabbed a screw driver that I had eyed and stuck it into his leg. He yelled in pain startling Becky, she began for the door and I followed as we left him behind, cursing a storm.

“Run Becky…run…” I was out of breath and felt everything spinning, I turned to look towards Kevin’s door and grabbed Becky and ran up the porch. We banged on the door like crazy yelling his name but he never came. “We have to go come on” she headed out to the fields.

Before we were even half way through we could here him yelling obscenities, my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to turn to look back, as I did I fell into a pothole, probably that same stupid one I fell in so many years ago.

I just watched Becky continue running towards the river and Trevor’s voice getting closer.
Chapter 17 by kevmylove

I closed my eyes expecting the worst as I felt a pair of arms scoop me up and run with me, little by little I opened my eyes. I was face to face with him, a smile came across my face and for an instant I forgot all that was happening.

“What the hell was all that pounding on my door, and why are you all muddy and in a pot hole?” Kevin asked as he put me down and I leaned against a tree. “Oh shit your bleeding…”

I ignored him as I looked around trying to see if I could catch a glimpse of Becky and the baby “I can’t explain right now…Kevin we are in danger…Travis is here…he’s after Becky and the baby and I lost them.” I began to limp into the woods, hoping that he would follow me.

“Wait Trevor…have you lost your mind?” he stood looking at me, while I looked around like a crazy person. Finally my eyes met with his, his look had a lot of concern in it. Last thing I wanted was for him to think I was delusional, he grabbed my arm “Come on Kayla speak up, what the hell is going on?”

“I’m not crazy Kevin. He is here…he bashed me over the head with a damn crowbar” he reminded me of the stinging on the side of my head, I suddenly felt a little dizzy, but I ignored it and grabbed Kevin and continued my path into the woods.

I didn’t remember it being so painful to walk through here when we were younger thorns stuck through my pants and rocks were in my shoes. I was exhausted and the pain in my head was getting greater. Our whole journey had been dreadfully silent.

“Kayla!” I heard someone shout, followed by a cry, I turned to look right by the same river I had been with Kevin, Becky sat made into a ball, holding Sandy. I forgot all my pain and discomfort then ran over to them. “Oh Kayla…your ok…I thought he had gotten you. I’m so sorry that I left you behind.”

I smiled “It’s ok…I thought the same thing, but Kevin found me before he did. Of course he thinks that I’m crazy.” By now Kevin was standing next to us and he seemed startled by the fear in Becky’s eyes.

“What the hell is going on here…” he said as he gave her a hand to stand up and I took Sandy in my arms. She was sound asleep, without a clue of what was going on. "

Suddenly before we could make another move, out of nowhere there was a loud bang. We all turned to look and there he stood, sweaty, tired and pissed off, Trevor. “God damn it…you make me run like an idiot…” he suddenly noticed that Kevin was with us. “I see you called for back up.”

“What do you want Trevor?” Becky asked him as all three of us stood not to sure of what to do. “Leave them out of it…its me you want. Right?” He didn’t want her, he wanted Sandy to take her far and claim money for her. Well that is what I was imagining.

“Alright already, lets get this over with!” he gave us a look as he rubbed his temples “Fuck…and you…” he pointed at me “You have seriously fucked up my plans. It was all planned out and I wasn’t going to be broke anymore. But no…Ms. Bumpkin goody two shoes had to come along and stir up some trouble.”

Kevin gave him a glare, but it wasn’t the reaction I would have expected from him “Trevor don’t insult her, she really just fell into all this.” Trevor was ecstatic with Kevin’s response “Look just let her go.”

I looked at him a little confused on how calm he was talking, as if he wasn’t scared of psycho Trevor “What are you doing?” I whispered. He looked at me “Don’t worry girls I have it all under control. Just give me the baby ok.” I hugged the baby towards me and gave him a puzzled look.

“Okay all this lovey dovey shit is cute, but I have some money to claim and these two bitches have to pay for fucking up my plans. So Kevin do you mind just grabbing them by the hair and bringing them to me. Can you do something with balls for once.” He smirked.

“You know what…you’re a fucking asshole” they continued to argue back and forth as if they were brothers. “Look I’m not going to let him hurt you ok.” he looked at Becky and then me, at this point I was a little skeptical, was he going along with Trevor or…

Trevor rolled his eyes “Alright…I’ll get them myself” he made his way slowly over to us. “If you can’t be man enough to tell your long time friend that you are as big a scumbag as I am. Than I will tell her myself. Listen you didn’t just fuck up my plans you fucked up your friends.”

I looked at Kevin who gave out a sigh “What is he talking about Kevin?” I stood their waiting for his answer…but he was as speechless as I was. Trevor was now in front of me and was pulling on Sandy. “Let go of her Trevor” I scowled at him.

“How about another one on the head. Two doesn’t seem to be enough.” I took a step back, feeling like I was going to faint. As he slipped the little baby out of my arms I did, I fell right into Kevin’s arms and just caught a glimpse of his green eyes looking down at me.

When I came back to my senses I was sitting on a chair my hands tied behind my back with something really tight over my mouth. My circulation was cutting off and my hands were numb, the gash on my head was now covered by a bandage. I looked around and saw Becky sitting on the sofa tied up as well, her face full of panic.

The two guys were walking into the room, “Listen it’s your little crush here who fucked it all up. So I’m going to punish her.” he caressed my head as I wiggled around. I couldn’t keep my gaze away from Kevin. He was in this the whole time, how could I not see it.

“Ok…I’m going to get the shovel in the garage. Can I trust you to be alone with these two girls?” Trevor caressed my head again, all I wanted was to bash his head with the shovel. My thoughts were startled by Kevin taking off my gag as soon as he saw Trevor gone.

“Before you say anything, I didn’t know that you were going to get involved in this.” he looked at me with a look I had never seen before, but I didn’t trust him any longer. “Would you say something…anything…before he comes back.”

“How could you do this to someone…your parents thought so highly of you. I would of never guessed Kevin. Why?” my eyes began to water and a tear seeped through the side of my eye. He wiped it gently with the side of his hand “Don’t touch me.” I grunted.

“I’m not going to let him hurt you ok?” suddenly Trevor’s voice was heard and Kevin shoved the gag back in my mouth. “What the hell are you yelling about man” Kevin walked out to the patio to help Trevor.

I wasn’t sure at this point what the hell was going to happen, but I had to admit I was scared and shocked. My long time best friend was nothing like I thought he was, the whole time he had been acting. I swallowed the knot in my throat I wasn’t about to show those two my fear.

“Alright did you say your good byes, I’m taking her first.” Trevor began to untie my hands, right away I felt the hot rush of my blood flowing through my hands again. Just admit it your scared shitless and you don’t know what the hell your going to do. “Well don’t just stand there, we need to take that baby and these two aren’t going to let us. So the only thing we can do is…get rid of them.”

Kevin didn’t seem to convinced of the scheme “But we weren’t going to hurt anyone Trevor” Trevor began to laugh out loud “Kevin…we weren’t but things change. Now listen Kayla, Kevin and I are roommates in New York not california and well nothing has gone good for us…Kevin and I are lousy business men. So I met Becky found out she had a sister…”

Everything was bizarre. Trevor had found out that Becky and Tiffany had a trust fund each and decided that either both or one would get the money. He wasn't sure how far he could go with Becky, so he had seduced Tiffany too. "Kevin is a weakling, he decided to back out as soon as you came into the picture. But it's to late for that...your my problem now."

Before I could finish putting the whole story together, he had me untied and standing up. “Ok Becky say good bye to your protective friend. Hey at least she goes first right babe!” he roughly grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

“Come on Trevor don’t’ do this. We weren’t going to hurt anyone.” he grabbed my other arm. “Kevin stop being such a pussy and give me a hand. I’m not sure what the hell we should do…whack her across the head and bury her or just shoot her.” he waved the gun in my face. Ok I’m scared this man is insane. I’m about to die and I can’t really think about myself. I just see Sandy’s face… the twosome continued to argue amongst each other ignoring my presence. They began to fight for the gun and it suddenly fell by my feet. Before I could think it through I had a hold on the it and I took a step back and pointed it at them. “Don’t move I’ll shoot” I might not…

Chapter 18 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
I know I went a totally different way with this...but I think it works...no, I hope it works.

“Your too chicken, you wouldn’t hurt Kevin here. Would you?” I pointed the gun at Kevin and then at Trevor, the tears started fogging up my sight.

“Kayla give me the gun…I told you I wouldn’t let him hurt you” Kevin took a step towards me but I pointed the gun at him. “You wouldn’t shoot me Kayla. This isn‘t my fault…I was just put into this situation like you” he continued mumbling as he drew closer. I shot the gun at his feet “What the hell Kayla” He yelled a little annoyed.

“I said don’t move.” I continued to take steps backwards as I went up the stairs and into the house, my hand trembling as I watched the two men frozen. I quickly turned to look at Becky “I’m going to untie you and you have to run as fast as you can. OK” she nodded with terror in her eyes.

“Now I’m going to untie her and don’t fucking move or I will shoot you.” I yelled at them as they stood outside arguing amongst each other. As fast as I could I began untying her, to focused on the task at hand, I put the gun to the side and as I came back up.

The same gun was put to my head. “Now, why in the hell would you point a gun at me and not shoot. I mean you have to be dumb, not to know if I had another chance I would kill you.” Trevor’s voice rang in my ear as he lifted me up, roughly.

He grabbed me as Becky fearfully began her way out the door, opposite of what I told her, she stammered. He held me tight, pressing my back against him, the gun at my temple. “Becky get back here, you don’t want your friend to die because of you..”

“Just go Becky, Please let her go.” but instead of an answer I got a whack on the head with the gun. I whaled in pain as I fell to the ground, quickly I was helped to my feet by Kevin, “Please let them go…” I still pleaded, as I watched Trevor trying to take the baby away from the frightened woman.

Finally he had the tiny baby in his arms and Becky was now being pointed at with the gun. “Do something…you said you wouldn’t let him hurt us.” as I turned back to see Becky I shot was fired. I let out a scream as my eyes stayed on Becky, waiting for her to fall to the ground, but instead, Kevin fell next to me.

My instinct was to kneel down next to him “Ah shit!” he held his side.

As I looked towards the open back door, Tiffany stood a gun in her hand, her hands shaking as much as mine had. What was it with the damn guns? “What did you do?” I asked still holding on to him.

“I…I thought he was going to hurt you” I looked at her puzzled, why did she care again?

“Kevin…” but he just held his side with small whimpers escaping his mouth. I was more confused than ever, I wasn’t understanding a damn thing, just a couple of days ago, she had threatened both Becky and I. “Trevor…” she yelled as she stepped over me.

“What the hell is going on?” I heard Becky ask, a tremble in her voice.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Trevor asked, taking turns pointing the gun at the sisters. “I told you to wait for me at the airport.“ he said.

“You bastard…I almost believed you about flying to Mexico. Then I realized the ticket was fake. You played both of us, all this time I felt guilty. I thought you loved me.”

Trevor laughed "Well you thought wrong."

Tiffany was now in tears, “Your going to give my sister back her baby…and you can let us walk away…or I can kill you right here right now.”

As I was watching the whole family ordeal, trying to storm up a plan to save us. Including Kevin who seemed to be going unconscious “Kevin. Stay with me!” I whispered as he opened his eyes slowly.

He panted “I’m sorry…I didn’t plan this. I just happened to be in the middle…“ he gasped as he held his side. "Tell me you forgive me..."

"I forgive..." Out of the blue there was a scream cutting my sentence short and I ran towards the door. Trevor had a hold of Becky and the baby.

“You know me Tiffany…I will kill them both if I have to. But none of you are leaving with this baby, but me. It’s my child” he yelled as he held Becky almost in a headlock. “Now put the gun down…“ he demanded, but Tiffany hesitated “NOW” he yelled making her jump.

Tiffany obeyed, putting the gun down by her feet and kicking it towards him. “Just let them go Trevor.” she pleaded. She looked so different as a protective older sister. Maybe the circumstances that I had seen her in only made her look mean and bitchy.

Chapter 19 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:

YAY ANOTHER COMPLETED...let me know if this ending sucks...I wont mind.

I took a deep breath and slowly made my way towards the porch on my hands and knees, trying my best not to make a sound and hoping that I could reach the gun. Grabbing all the courage within me, I lunged myself towards it and grabbed a hold of it. I slid my way back to towards Tiffany, accidentally knocking her down.

It startled Trevor who lost grip of Becky who ran towards both of us. We all stood in place as he pointed the gun at us, waiting for him to decide who he would shoot first. “Give her back the baby Trevor” I demanded, as I held the gun back up at him. “I’m not playing anymore.” I yelled with more emphasis than I wanted.

“Oh please the last time you had a gun you just waved it around and did nothing.” Trevor pointed back at me “But see I don’t just point, I will shoot.” Now what? Come on think of something! God I think I’m going to piss my pants. I looked around trying to figure out my next damn move, and nothing was coming to mind. Seriously I had no intentions of hurting anyone. Suddenly my concentration was broken by Kevin who leaned against the doorway…“Shoot him” Kevin grunted holding his side.

Without hesitation Trevor shot towards him again, this time hitting him right in the chest. A scream escaped my mouth as I saw him fall flat on his back, although he had lied to me, I still felt the same for him and I was full of rage. I pointed the gun at Trevor, closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.

The echo kept ringing in my ears…my eyes were still closed and I could here sobbing coming from different directions. As I slowly opened them, I saw Becky cradling Sandy in her arms and Tiffany sobbing like a baby right next to me. “I’m sorry” I uttered, still in shock.

She turned to look at me, I flinched a little waiting for her to hit me or something. “I didn’t know…” she swallowed, “I thought he was in love with me, I never meant to hurt you Becky. He…I’m sorry” she eased her way up and both sisters wrapped their arms around each other.

I wasn’t so sure that he was dead, I didn’t even know where the hell I had shot him. But I was more worried of the stillness Kevin seemed to be in. “Kevin” I whispered, but I got no answer. Shaking him a little I said his name again “Please wake up” I stared at him.

There was utter silence for a minute, then he opened his eyes making me squeal like a pig. “Your alive.” I said hugging him. I’m sorry was all that he could say, as I took off my sweater and pressed it against his side wound, it seemed to be worse than the one in his chest. “Please don’t leave me.” I smiled at him.

I could hear the sirens getting closer, the two girls still hugging outside. I turned to look at them a smile crawling on my face, all the time I had thought those two were hating each other and it was just a big mix up. Trevor had lied to everyone, and Tiffany was just another bystander, pulled in by his evil ways.

While I turned slowly to look back at Kevin, another two shots echoed through the house. I turned to look at the two women on the porch and watched in horror as Becky slowly fell to the ground. “NOOO” I yelled leaping up and running towards her, just to find Trevor dragging himself down the porch stairs.

I hadn’t killed the bastard, Tiffany sat next to Becky, who was bleeding from her mouth. “Take care of Sandy for me” she pleaded as she looked at both of us. I hovered over her “Thanks…for defending…us” she whispered as she placed her hand over Sandy’s little face.

I looked around, everyone in their sunglasses trying to hide their tears or the hypocrisy. Everyone in their festive black outfits, counting the minutes to have coffee and whatever snacks were going to be offered. I didn’t bother with the sunglasses, the tears just didn’t want to stay and they kept flowing down my cheeks.

A crack of thunder echoed through the sky as the priest finished his last words, and the drizzle followed as the crowd began to disperse. Sandy rested on my left hip, it was to sad for her to wear black so she wore a little red dress. She smiled playfully at me as I tried to smile back at her. “I’ll take her” Tiffany said as she wiped a tear from her face.

Without a word a handed her over and stood their frozen, hoping that I could jump in the hole and tag along into the darkness. I wasn’t sure how long it would take me to forget about the whole incident, maybe never. Plus Trevor was in prison and someday he would be out with more rage than before. I held the white rose in my hand, as I choked on my tears “I love you” I whispered, as I let the flower go down into the darkness.

“It’s going to be ok” I felt the familiar pat on my back “He loved you. Tiffany said he always talked about you, that's why she didn't like you.” Becky smiled at me as she pulled me in for a warm embrace. “I’m not lying” she smiled again.

I looked up and locked eyes with a familiar face in sorrow, a weak smile crept across her face, I smiled back reassuring her that everything would be ok. Once again if I could have, I would have given my place just to know that she wouldn't hurt again.

My concentration was broken by Becky's arm slipping into mine, now we made our way towards the car. All three of us almost in pace, Becky with a limp from her two gun wounds slowing us down. Tiffany turned to me and laughed “So your the lucky one that got the midnight horse rides?” I blushed with a nod, as we all giggled. “Just so you know he never stopped loving you or talking about you…” I turned to look back as my heart broke watching the men fill in the hole.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8177