Collision Course by Stephanie
Summary: Three lives on the same path... one fateful day... what happens when they collide?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 8833 Read: 11875 Published: 08/17/03 Updated: 12/28/03

1. Chapter 1 by Stephanie

2. Chapter 2 by Stephanie

3. Chapter 3 by Stephanie

4. Chapter 4 by Stephanie

5. Chapter 5 by Stephanie

6. Chapter 6 by Stephanie

7. Chapter 7 by Stephanie

Chapter 1 by Stephanie
Chapter 1

It often goes unnoticed that a number of worlds are involved in a collision course until it's too late. Once they collide, everything changes. Hearts are often broken and lifes are left shattered. Never is this the intention of the parties involved. They look for a peaceful way out, though more often than not, that way of escape is hard to find. Someone always ends up being hurt. No matter how hard the parties involved attempted to make this an easy transition, the change never goes smoothly. Something doesn't go right.

Madison Hall was one woman who never thought she would find herself on this course. Nothing like that was going to be possible. She was just an ordinary woman who lived an ordinary life. With one acception that is, she was the girlfriend of mega pop star Nick Carter. She never saw why that made her any different than anyone else, but it always managed to be the reason she was sepearted from most others. Nick was human, he was just a wide known name, that's all. Being the girlfriend of a 'celebrity' wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

At first, people thought that she was some sort of leech. That she was only there to get something out of Nick and once she got it, she would leave him. Then when people started to see that she was a strong independant woman, they started critizing Nick for being with her. Saying things like he could do better and that he wasn't going to find love with this woman. No matter what anyone said, Nick stuck around. He knew the real Madison and that's all that mattered. In his heart he knew that she wasn't the bad person that the public was making her out to me.

"Hey Maddy," Nick greeted as he walked into the hotel room that he and his girlfriend were sharing in New York City. She looked up at him and smiled. Meeting him was a chance that she still couldn't believe that she had recieved to this day. With encouragement from some of her close friends, she tried out to be an extra in one of the BackStreet Boys music videos. Much to her surprise she recieved a call back and was casted in the video. She'd been dating Nick ever since.

"Wassup Nicky?" she replied, smiling.

"Nothing, but it's crazy out there. We were going to try to see if the concert for tonight didn't have to be postponed but it looks like it's going to have to. Look at all that damn snow out there," Nick answered as he started to remove the heavy jacket that he had been wearing.

"Yeah, they said it was the worst storm that New York City has had in about six or seven years," she commented, using a fact that she had seen stated on the news.

"Just my luck right? I mean I finally get to do my first solo tour and bam, this happens," Nick replied with a sigh. "Well, what am I going to do?"

"Live with it. It's not like you've lost the whole tour, you're just starting a few days later than you expected, that's all," she assured him.

"Well, I'm not used to all of this damn snow. We never had this in Florida."

"Nicky, I'm from Cali., do you think I'm used to this?" she questioned as she looked over at Nick who had taken a seat on a chair by the window.

"It is kinda nice though," he said as he began to stare out through the window, "it's too bad we're trapped up here. It's probably a lot of fun."

"Fun?" she questioned.

"Yeah, just playin' in it. I can't remember if I've ever done that," he commented.

"Who say's we're trapped?" Madison asked.

"I can't go out Maddy, it'll be crazy."

"No it won't. Everyone's inside hiding from the snow. I'm sure no one will notice," she stated. Nick looked over at her, a twinkle in his blue eyes.

"You serious?" Nick asked.

"Sure, why the hell not?" Nicks smile widened as he grabbed his jacket he had just removed. She couldn't help but chuckle as she went to get her jacket. Nick always brought out the kid in her. It was something that she really appreciated.

"Hurry up already would ya?" Nick said as he grabbed her arm and pulled her out into the hallway of the hotel.

"You're crazy, it's not like the snow is going to go anywhere soon," she joked as she zipped up her jacket while Nick locked their room. He only smiled as he made sure the door was locked.

"I'll race you," Nick said and then took off running down the hallway.

"Nick, that's not fair!" Madison called as she took off behind him. She want into the stair well and didn't see Nick. He was probably almost down stairs already. She laughed and shook her head and started to run down the stairs after him.

"Took you long enough," Nick shouted as he ran outside. Madison smiled and ran out after him. Quickly she ran up behind Nick and pushed him down into the snow. "Hey, what did you do that for?" Nick asked as he looked up at Madison, who was sitting on top of him. Her tiny frame was nothing compared to his. She was 5'4 with beautiful medium length brown hair and deep hazel eyes. She was so beautiful to him. By far the most beautiful creature that he had ever seen in his entire life.

"Because you're the one that took off," she answered as she felt Nicks hands go to her waist. Nick sat up and went to kiss her. "Nick stop, come on. We're in the middle of the street."

"I was only going to give you a kiss," he replied as he kissed her lightly then pushed her down onto the show. He grinned as he looked at Madison who had a look of shock on her face.

"Whatever happened to not liking public displays of affection? You don't get much more public than in the streets of New York City," she commented as she tossed a fist full of snow into Nicks face. He fell back from shock and Madison jumped up from the ground. A snow ball fight ensued as they played in the street. They had no idea how much time had passed.

"Maddy, I think we should get inside, I'm getting really cold," Nick said as he looked at Madison who was getting ready throw another snowball at him. She paused and looked at him. His face was a bright red and he had his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Alright fine," she answered as she reached out for Nicks hand. He smiled and pulled her close to him as they headed towards the enterance of the hotel.

"That was fun," Nick commented as he pushed the button for the elevator.

"Yeah it was," Madison replied as she leand her head against Nick, "I'm tired now though," she yawned. He smiled at her. She was only one around him that would let him indulge in his childish side and joined him as well.
"Na-uh," he replied, "you can't get tired yet. It's still early."

"I don't care what time it is, I'm tired," she answered. Nick continued to smile as he waited for the elevator to arrive. Once it stopped in the lobby they boarded and Nick pressed the button to the floor that they were staying on.

"When we get upstairs maybe we should call down for some hot chocolate," Nick commented as he kept his arm around Madison.

"Ummmmmm, sounds good," she stated. "Now if we only had a fire place it would be like a scene right off of a post card."

"We could just flip through the tv and see if anyone has a close up of a fire going," Nick joked. Madison laughed.

"Instead of writing 'wish you where here' we could write 'help us please!!!'" she replied with a smile on her face.

"We should do that."

"What? Nick, are you crazy?"

"No, it just sounds like a great joke."

"Yeah, sure. It'll probably end up being the Christmas card you send out this year," she answered as the elevator stopped at their floor. They exited and headed towards their room.

"You say that like it's a bad thing. If you think about it, it's a good idea because we won't have to worry if someone else is sending the same card."

"I could see my moms reaction to getting that in the mail. She would think we were totally nuts and have us locked up or something," Madison replied. "Besides, it'll look so corny it wouldn't be that funny."

"Whatever," Nick stated as he peeled off the heavy jacket that he was wearing once again. "Man, I don't think I've ever been so cold in my life."

"Want a blanket?" Madison asked as she took her jacket off. Her eyes locked on Nick.

"No, I'm alright."

"You sure? You don't need to be gettin' sick right before your big tour," she commented. "Like you said, it's starting late already."

"It's okay. I'll be fine when the hot chocolate gets here," he answered as he picked up the phone and called room service.
Chapter 2 by Stephanie
Chapter 2

Madison sighed as she laid face down on the bed in the hotel room. Nick had been called away to do some stuff and she was bored with no one there. There was nothing on tv. It was really the worst time to be caught in a storm like this. She was in the middle of New York City, the shopping capatal of the nation, and everything was closed. Closed because of some stupid snow. In a city like this, you would think they would be ready for anything.

Hopefully all of the snow would be cleared within the next few days so that she can spend her time in the city wisely. She had always wanted to come to New York. It seemed to be everywhere you looked. The backdrop of TRL. Stars seemed to make a big deal out of being popular in New York. Madison just had to see what it had to offer. She'd yet to do that and she was beginning to wonder if she was going even get the chance on this trip.

Her first trip to New York was ruined by snow. Something that was never thought about in her life before until now. Now that she was stuck in it. It was at the moment she realized what Nick had meant before about having his show postpond. Damn that man was right, she thought. She shut her eyes, hoping that it wouldn't be long until Nick came back. Being alone was offering her no amusement what-so-ever. Suddenly she felt a pair of soft lips come in contact with the skin on the side of her neck. She smiled, Nick was back.

"Hey baby," she mumbled.

"Miss me?" Nick whispered into her ear.

"Yes," she sighed as she felt Nicks hands on her back. He smiled to himself and proceded to rub her back gently. His hands continued to move and he felt Madison completely relax under his touch.

"So what did you did while I was gone?" he asked, not stopping his hands.

"Not a damn thing."

"Well that's just too bad. I bet you're glad that I'm back. Aren't you?"

"Very," she mumbled. His smile grew and he pulled his hands away from her and laid next to her on the bad. She turned onto her side to look at him. "Why'd you stop? That felt good."

"I dunno," he shurgged. "I guess I just didn't feel like doin' it any more."

"You can be such an asshole sometimes. You know that Nick?" she snapped. A small smile formed on his face as he looked at Madison.

"You're cute when you're pissed." Madison glanced over at him, obviously not amused by his comment. He only continued to smiled as he let his fingers gently brush over her cheek. "Sexy actually." His lips gently touched her cheek. "Do you know how beautiful you are?"

"No, why don't you tell me," she replied giving into Nick. She always did.

"You're stunning," he whispered into her ear. Madison sighed when she felt Nicks lips make contact with her neck. His lips moved up to capture hers in a passionate kiss. "But I'm tired so I'm going to sleep."

"You're such a god damn tease," Madison remarked, with a hint of aggrivation in her voice.

"I know and that's what makes you love me all that much more," Nick replied with a grin on his face. Madison rolled her eyes and sighed.

"So how did that thing go?"

"What thing?"

"The thing that you had to leave me here alone for. That thing."

"Oh yeah. It was nothing really worth talking about. Just business as usual. You know what that's like."

"Did you really have to go to it and leave me here all by myself?"

"Yeah. It had some stuff to do with the shows that were postponed and there was some other stuff that I didn't really catch 'cause I just wanted to get the hell out of there," Nick answered.

"So whats on the agenda for tomorrow?" she asked, hoping that Nick wouldn't have anything else to do. Being in the hotel room alone was no fun.

"I have a couple of things that I need to take care of in the morning otherwise I have the rest of the day off and whatever happens from there is really up to you," Nick explained.

"Oh really?" Madison asked with a smile forming on her face. Nick smiled back at her.

"Really."

"Good, because I have a lot of things in mind that I really want to do."

"I'm sure you do," Nick answered. Madison smiled and snuggled up next to Nick. Before long they had both drifted off to a peaceful sleep. Madison yawned as she awoke the next morning to find Nick had already left. He was going to be a good couple of hours, she was sure. Deciding that she wasn't going to spend another day locked up in the hotel, she showered quickly and headed out for a shopping day. If Nick got back before she did, then he would have get a taste of his own medicine she thought as she walked through the lobby of the hotel.

Her eyes quickly scanned the area around the hotel and saw that the snow was being cleaned from the streets. She smiled to herself and walked towards the car that she and Nick had rented. Thankfully they had decided to park the car in a garage so that she wouldn't have to spend half of the morning digging out her car. As she walked towards the garage she fished through her purse looking for the keys. Smiling as she found them, she pulled them out as she arrived at the car and unlocked it. She started the car and pulled out of the garage. She grabbed her cell phone and called someone that she knew was in the area.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kev, it's Madison!" she greeted.

"Hey how are you doing?"

"Pretty good. Nick and I are in the city and I was thinking of dropping by later to check you out," she informed him.

"Yeah, that would be cool, bring Nick too if you can."

"I can try but I'm not sure how that will go. He's been busy since we got here, even with all of the damn snow. That's why I figured I would go out and have me some fun."

"What are you planning on doing?"

"Do a little shopping while I can and then drop by the studio and check you out. That's really everything that I could think of."

"Alright cool. I'll see you later I have a rehursal right now. Enjoy yourself!"

"Sure will, bye."

"Bye."
Chapter 3 by Stephanie
Chapter 3

Madison slammed the trunk of the car after she placed the last of her bags inside. She hadn't done a lot of shopping, or at least not as much as she had planned. Still, she was satisfied with her day and decided to head back to the hotel before going over to see Kevin. Unlike New York City in its prime, there was hardly any traffic which made her trip back to the hotel a short one. Madison grabbed a bunch of her bags from the trunk and walked into the lobby of the hotel. It was still quiet and free of fans.

"Hey you," Nick called as Madison stepped off the elevator. "That's where I thought you went," Nick commented pointing towards the bags.

"What do you expect? I love to shop and I was bored. So of course I decided to go out and do a little shopping. There are really some great stores around here. I'm glad that I decided to go out today," she replied.

"So did you have anything else planned 'cause I have the rest of the night off," Nick started as he began to twirl a strand of her hair in his fingers, "and I thought we could spend it together. Ya know?"

"Actually, I talked to Kevin. I was going to check out the show," she answered as she put the bags down inside of their room.

"You can go tomorrow. He'll still be there," Nick commented as he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist. She smirked.

"You'll be here tomorrow, so why can't I just have sex with you then?"

"You're making it sound like sex with me is a chore. You know you love it baby," Nick said and then mummbled into her ear,"'Cause I know you do. I can tell by the way you scream my name. That you're in heaven."

"I already told him I would drop by," Madison informed as she pulled away from Nicks embrace.

"Alright," Nick said, sighing in defeat, "but you owe me for this. I really wanted to spend the night with you Maddy."

"The night is still young," she replied with a wink. Nick grined at her.

"And that's why I love you so much, you have an evil mind," he replied.

"What ever could you mean?" she asked with mock innocents. He laughed. "So are you going to go with me or what?"

"Alright, I guess," he replied.

"You don't have to you know? Don't think I'm forcing you."

"I know, but it'll be cool to see Kev again after so long."

"Good."

"Also, if he fucks up somewhere I can make fun of him," Nick with a chuckle.

"Nick, be nice!" She warned.

"Oh come on he had to have known that was coming if he invited us. Since when I have ever turned down the chance to make fun of Kev when he messes up for once?"

"You should be supportive of Kevin, like he's being supportive of you," Madison reminded him seriously.

"Hey, it's not that I'm not supporting him! You ever heard of tough love?" Nick questioned. "I've gotten pleanty of it growing up with the guy."

"If you do anything to embarass me, I'll show you just exactly what tough love is. You got that Carter?"

"Come on Maddy, you know I'm kidding," he said with a sweet smile on his face. "He doesn't care anyway. We do it to each other all the time."

"What if he laughed at you when you messed up during a concert?" She asked as they walked towards the elevator.

"Hey, I want that. I want people so see that I'm real. Fuck-ups and all. People are going to get the real Nick Carter baby."

"Regardless, just be nice. I don't want to look stupid. So please, just don't do anything that's too bad alright? I know that's going to be hard for you but I'll make it worth it." Nick arched his eyebrows

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"How long do we have to stay cause I'm real tired," Nick said a moment later when they reached the lobby of the hotel. Madison looked over at Nick, her face showing her disapproval. He smiled. "Just kidding!"

"You better be just kidding," she replied as they walked out of the hotel and towards the parking garage where they kept the car that they had rented while they stayed in the city. Madison pulled the keys from her pocket when they entered the garage and walked towards the car, only steps away from them.

"How long is the show anyway?" Nick asked as he entered the car from the passangers side.

"I don't know. Does it matter anyway?"

"No, I was just asking," he answered. "You know if he's any good?"

"We'll find out when we get there," he replied as she pulled the car out of the garage. "I know as much about the show as you do."

"Oh, I thought that he might have told you something about it. Like how he's been doing over there."

"I only talked to him for like a minute, he had to get to a rehursal when I called so he couldn't talk long," she explained. He looked at her and nodded. "So, how was your day today?"

"Boring as usual. I really wish I didn't have to do a lot of this shit man. I got into this business to perform not to run around going to meetings. That was the kind of job that I really wanted to avoid, you know?"

"It can't be that bad. Besides, if it weren't for all of those meetings, a lot of what you have might not have come your way so suck it up and stop being such a wuss," she joked with a smile on her face. "Very job has its perks as well as a down side. Get used to it baby."

"Things were different with the guys around. At least when I had like Brian or AJ with me, I could space out and they would give me an out line of what I missed. Now I actually have to sit there and fight to listen, which is hard 'cause these meetings are boring."

"You'll be back with the guys soon enough. You guys are still going to get back together once you finish your tour and Kevin finishes up here?" Madison asked.

"Yeah, of course. Everything that I got is because of the fellas. I'm not lettin it end. I just wanted to get some time away. We all need that every now and again."

"You're right about that, at least," Madison replied. "But it should be cool. I've heard great reviews about this show before Kevin joined the cast. I think we're about to see one amazing show f I don't say so myself."

"Well I hope because I don't want to sit there bored out of my fuckin mind."

"Don't worry, you won't," she assured him.
Chapter 4 by Stephanie
Chapter 4

"Kev you were great!" Madison called as she and Nick walked down the hall where they had spotted Kevin. He looked up at them and smiled.

"You think so?" Kevin asked when they came closer so he wouldn't have to shout.

"Yeah, I really enjoyed it!" Madison answered honestly.

"What about you Nick?" That ever popular Carter smirk instantly appeared on his face. A tell tale sign that he was about to do something he knew he shouldn't.

"I've seen better," he replied with his smirk lingering.

"Nick!" Madison scolded as he smacked his arm lightly.

"That's okay," Kevin replied. "Coming from Nick, that was a compliment, in a weird sort of way. How've you been Nick?"

"Alright," he answered shrugging his shoulders slightly. "I mean you know what it's like to record an album."

"Yeah, sorta, but I don't know what it's like to record alone. Weird?"

"A little. It's just me that I'm putting out there... it hurts more to hear negative stuff now than it did when I was with you guys. At least before I knew it wasn't all aimed at me."

"You'll do just fine. So how have your meetings been going? I know it's been tough not having AJ, Brian or Howie to tell you what you missed while you were in a daze," Kevin joked. Nick laughed.

"Funny thing about that is I was just talkin about that. Now I've actually got to listen."

"It'll be fine. How long are you guys in the city for?" Kevin asked.

"Until Nick makes up the show that he missed here because of the snow," Madison replied. "It was too bad to have the concert in that weather."

"Yeah, almost everything was shut down," Kevin stated. "We were closed for a while actually as well. It was just too much."

"So how have things been for you otherwise?"

"It's been really great. I've had a lot of fun doing this so far. I'm just happy that they gave me the part. I wasn't too sure I would get it for a while."

"You're great! They would have been crazy not to hire you!"

"Thank you," he answered, "I should have talked to you before the show! Maybe I wouldn't have been so nervous about it."

"If it wasn't meant to be, then it wasn't meant to be," she replied.

"Maddy, can we head back to the hotel? As much as I'd like to stay, I've got a meeting in the morning," Nick interrupted before either of them could say anything.

"Come on Nick, what's up? Why don't you want to stay?" Madison asked.

"It's not that I don't want to stay it's that I've got another damn meeting in the morning and I don't want to fall asleep in the middle of it alright?"

"That's what they invented coffee for Nick, you should try it sometime," she replied.

"Look, if you guys have something goin' on, we can get together another time," Kevin added, "I'll be here for a while." Madison looked over at Nick angerly, hoping that he would decide to stay, at least for a little while longer. Nicks eyes locked with Madisons' and he sighed.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay a little longer," Nick stated.

"Thanks Nicky!" she replied excitedly as she placed a kiss on Nicks cheek.

"Don't say I never do anything for you," he joked. She smiled at him, not wanting to start another fight with him. "How long you gonna be around?"

"Like another month or so," Kevin answered.

"Cool," Nick answered. They went on to make small talk for another hour or so until Nick decided that he couldn't stay up any longer and he and Madison headed back to their hotel. She was less reluctant this time because he could see that she was also getting tired. Nick smiled at Madison as they drove back to the hotel, almost falling asleep in the car. He smiled again and thought to himself that it was amazing how a day of shopping could wear that girl out.

"Maddy, come on we're back at the hotel," Nick said touching her arm lightly. She moaned softly but didn't wake. "Madison," Nick said again.

"What?" she mumbled, still half asleep.

"We're back at the hotel, you've got to get up," he told her again.

"I don't want to move. I'm comfortable."

"Come on, you'll be more comfortable upstairs," he said hoping to pursuade her. He was too tired himself to have to carry her back to their room.

"Fine," she said, taking her seatbelt off and getting out of the car, Nick followed. They'd both be asleep fast tonight and they knew it. Nick yawned as they walked through the lobby of the hotel and into the elevator. "That was nice."

"Yeah, it was," Nick agreed.

"Aren't you glad that I made you come with me?" she asked with a smirk.

"Wait," Nick replied, "when we left you said you weren't going to make me go, remember?"

"I was lying. You were going to come with me wether you liked it or not."

"What made you think that you would be able to get me to go if I didn't want to?" Nick questioned as he looked at Madison.

"You can't say me to Nick, you know that," she explained. "I would have been able to convince you to go one way or another."

"You're just lucky that I love you so damn much or you wouldn't have had a chance to pursuade me," he answered as they came to a stop on their floor and the doors slid open. She smiled at him as they walked towards their hotel room. Madison yawned as she waited for Nick to open the door.

"I know and that's what makes all of this so much fun."

"Ha ha," Nick remarked as they walked into the room. It was only a matter of moment before they were both ready for bed and sleeping.
Chapter 5 by Stephanie
Chapter 5

Madison smiled when she finished brushing her hair back into a pony-tail as she looked at herself in the mirror. Nick had left for his meeting a few hours before. She didn't remember much about him leaving since it had been early when he woke. After putting on her jacket, she grabbed the keys to the car and walked out of the hotel room.

She arrived at the garage pretty quickly. She hadn't made any plans for today and she wasn't even sure where she was going to begin with, but she knew it would be better than staying alone in the hotel for the entire day. Madison pulled out of the garage and turned on the radio. There was nothing more she wanted to do then was to forget about the world for a day and have some fun.

Yesterday she had brought much more than she needed and she was aware of that. This fact took shopping out of the list of things that she could do in the city. A small smile spread on her face when "Help Me" came onto the radio. Nick really loved that song because it was his first single and he had worked hard to get where he was today. Needless to say, she was proud of him as well as excited for him. She had seen him start this project and she'd be there to see him end it.

Madison sighed as she caught yet another red light. Today appeared to be one of those days were nothing seemed to go right and it was only just beginning. She drumed her fingers against the steering wheel as she waited for the light to change. She put her foot on the gas as the light turned green. Then it happened.

The screeching sound of tires despraitely trying to come to a halt echoed through the streets. A loud bang erupted as the two cars collided with each other. Screams emanated from witnesses on the streets.

"Some one call 911!" One man yelled as he ran towards the wreckage to tend to the victims. He forcefully opened the door to the rental car that Madison was in. Checking for a pulse, he called, "She's alive." Blood was trickling down her face. She moaned in pain as the man made his way towards the other car. "He's got a weak pulse," he informed the crowd that had gathered. The sounds of the screaming sirens caused the crowd to part to make room.

Nick ran his fingers through his hair as he listened to some execuite of something go on about one thing or another, he had stopped paying attention long ago. He surpressed a sigh that threatened to escape his lips. Relief filled Nicks senses when a knock came at the door.

"Sorry to bother you but this is urgent," the young woman informed them. "Mr. Carter, you've got an important phone call that you must take."

"Alright," Nick answered, puzzled by the statement. "I'll be right back." The men in the room nodded and Nick walked out and followed the woman until they reached an office where Nick could take his call in private.

"Hello?" Nick answered as he picked up the phone and placed it next to his ear.

"Is this Nick Carter?" a male voice asked.

"Yes it is. Who's speaking??" he asked.

"I'm Doctor O' Neill from NYU medical center," he informed Nick.

"Medical center?" Nick questioned.

"Yes, your girlfriend Madison Hall has been in a very serious car accident."

"Car accident?" Nick repeated, his face paling. "Is... is she okay?"

"It's too early to diagnose the full extent of the damage done. Come down to the hospital and I'll explain everything that I know."

"O...ok," Nick stuttered as he hung up the phone and made his way back to the conference room he had been in moments before his world came crashing down around him. Nick threw the doors open causing them to hit into the wall creating a loud bang.

"This meeting is over," Nick announced and turned to leave.

"We've got a lot more to go over," one of the men called to him. Nick stopped and turned in his tracks. Rage in his eyes he walked back towards them.

"My girlfriend was just in a car accident so fuck you! I'm going to the hospital," Nick stated and turned to leave once again, this time there were no objections from the men sitting in the room. Nick stormed out of the building, grabbing his bodyguard to give him a ride. Nick sat impatiently in the passanger seat of the car as they headed towards the medical center. All Nick could think about was Madison. He had no idea what condition she was in.

He didn't know if he was going to see her with just a few visible cuts and scratches or if she would look completely different than the woman that he had come to know and love. Nick stared absently through the window. Fearing what he was about to see and hear, Nick tired to calm himself but to no avail.

"Want to tell me what happened?" his bodyguard, Rick, asked.

"I don't know what happened," Nick answered, keeping his eyes fixed on the building that they passed as the car moved towards the hospital.

"People don't just up and go to the hospital for no reason," he stated.

"Madison was in a car accident," Nick replied. "They just called me and asked me to come down to the hospital. That's all I know."

"Shit, I heard about a car accident over the police radio too. Sounded like it was pretty bad. Both victims were really banged up," he said.

"You don't think it was the accident that Maddy was in, do you?" Nick asked, turning his complete attention to Rick. Wanting to know everything that he knew.

"It might have been Nick. I couldn't tell. They didn't say any names."

"What did you hear about the people in the cars?"

"Two victims. Male and female."

"How were they?"

"The male was DOA and the female.. they didn't say," he answered reluctantly. He knew that Nick believed that he had heard about Madison's accident.

"DOA?"

"Dead on Arrival."

"Fuck," Nick groaned as he let his head fall into his hands. Rick glanced over at Nick. He could see the pain on his face. He wanted to tell him that it might not have been Madison. That in a city like New York, more than one accident had to have happened and that there was a chance that Madison was just fine and they were going to walk right out of the hospital with her.

"It's going to be okay," he finally settled on. Nick let an uneasy laugh escape him.

"Yeah you can say that because you don't have to worry about this shit. You said it yourself that the accident sounded pretty bad. Someone is already dead. How do we know that Madison isn't clinging to life and might die at any second?!" Nick yelled.

"If that were true, don't you think that they doctor would have told you that?"

"Maybe he wanted to wait until I was at the hospital before he told me just in case I had some break down or something I wouldn't have far to go," Nick snapped.

"Look, you don't have to catch a fucking attitude with me. I'm just trying to fucking help you alright?"

"I'm sorry," Nick muttered. "This is just a lot."

"It's okay kid. We're here," Rick stated.
Chapter 6 by Stephanie
Chapter 6

"Nick Carter," Nick stated again. "My name is Nick Carter. Doctor O' Neill called me and asked me to come down here," Nick sighed as he found that he had been repeating himself since he had arrived at the hospital.

"Who are you here to see?" an older nurse behind the desk asked. He bit his tounge knowing he was about to become very angry with the entire situation before him.

"Madison Hall," he informed her. She nodded.

"Is there any relation?" she asked as she sat down at the computer at the desk before her.

"No, she's my girlfriend," he answered, ready to sigh in relief that someone was about to tell him where Madison was

"I'm not sure if that is acceptable," she said softly.

"Look," Nick said as he leand against the desk. "Doctor O' Neill called me and told me to come down here. He asked for Nick Carter so he got Nick Carter. Now are you going to let me see my girlfriend?"

"I'm going to page Doctor O' Neill and see what he says about this," she commented as she reached for the phone next to her. Nick turned out and crossed his arms in front of his chest in anger. As soon as he spoke to this doctor, he was going to have her moved out of this hospital to another one where he wouldn't have to go through all of this just to see her.

He shifted anxiously as he stood against the desk. This was taking way too much time. The doctor should have told these nurses that he was coming and not to give him a hard time, Nick thought. No! What happens? He ends up in the lobby of a damn hospital about to get into a fight with a nurse who only seems interested in giving him the run around.

Nick started tapping his foot against the floor as he continued to wait. It angered him to know that they were the ones that called him and told him to come down that it was important but yet they kept him waiting. He was standing in the middle of a hospital in the middle of New York City, any crazed fan could walk right in and they were really going to have a problem on their hands then. That was of course if Nick hadn't gone completely bizurke by then.

"Mr. Carter?" a man asked. Nick looked over to see an older man dressed in the usual medical apparel standing next to him.

"Yes," Nick answered, hoping this was the man that he was supposed to see. "That's me."

"I'm Doctor O' Neill," he replied. Nick lossened up, finally glad that something was happening. The doctor extened his hand.

"How is Madison?" Nick asked nervously, shaking the doctors hand.

"Let's go to my office and we'll talk there," he stated as he started to walk down the hallway, Nick following close behind.

"She's not dead is she?"

"No she's not Mr. Carter," the doctor answered. Nick sighed.

"Thank god," he muttered under his breath.

"Please sit down," he doctor said as they walked into the office. Nick sat down on one of the chairs facing the doctors desk. His blue eyes were now clouded over in worry. "Mrs. Hall sustained a very tramatic blow in the accident."

"What?" Nick questioned. He was too shaken up to be able to understand what the doctor was telling him. Nick let out a deep breath and relaxed against the chair.

"When the cars collided, her head hit against something in the car. That resulted in some swelling which added pressure on the brain stem. This swelling often results in amnesia. I can't tell you to the extent of the damage to the brain until she wakes up so you could either have a very slight case of amnesia or a very severe case. That's if she's lucky, Mr. Carter. If not, she could have sustained perminate brain damage which would change her entire life and there might be the possibility that she could become brain dead."

"No you can't... that can't be right.." Nick stuttered. "You... you could be wrong, right?"

"Mr. Carter, I examined that young woman myself and there are obvious signs of trama. I can't tell you for sure what the result is going to be considering all cases are different, but I can tell you that I know what I saw."

"She hasn't woken up since she got here?"

"That's correct."

"What does that mean? How long is she going to be out?"

"We don't know. But the good thing is from the brain scans we took, her brain is active which is a good sign. She has a minor concussion and that may have been what caused her to black out. I have nurses attending to her all day and all night so if anything happens, we'll know about it."

"She's not going to die, is she?" Nick asked.

"She appears to be in pretty good shape. The most serious injury was the one to her brain stem, most everything else is cuts and bruises, nothing life threatening."

"So you're saying that there is a good chance that she is going to be just fine?"

"Yes, that is a possibility."

"The guy in the other car died though, right?" Nick questioned. The doctor nodded. "What was different about Madison? Why did only the one guy die?"

"He wasn't wearing his seatbelt, it's as simple as that. The impact could have been lessened if he had something restraining him. His body had the freedom to be tossed around the car with no restriction. Madison was wearing her seatbelt, that's what saved her," the doctor explained. Nick nodded and relaxed. Everything was going to be alright.

"Can I see her?" Nick asked. "I know she can't talk but I just want to see her."

"Alright, follow me," the doctor stated as they walked out of his office.

"I want to thank you for taking care of Madison. I don't know what I would have done if I had lost her," Nick commented.

"I was just doing my job," he replied. "But if you want to thank someone, you should thank the gentalman that was with her at the scene. He made sure that she wasn't hurt anymore than she was."

"Is this guy here? I want to talk to him."

"He's still here. He wanted to talk to you so we have him waiting outside of Ms. Hall's room. He was the one that shouted for someone to call 911 because he was first on the scene."

"So what's his name? What do you know about him?"

"I don't know, but you can ask him yourself," the doctor answered as they turned the corner and stopped outside of a room that Nick believed to be Madisons.

"Kevin?" Nick said, shocked.
Chapter 7 by Stephanie
Chapter 7

"Nick, I'm sorry that I didn't call you right away, I just wanted to make sure that Madison got safely to the hospital," Kevin stated, hoping to clam Nick down some. The last thing either of them needed was to have an argument in the middle of the hospital, which they both knew could be a possibility with their at times flaring tempers.

"Well I assume that the two of you know each other," Doctor O' Neill replied upon hearing Kevins statement. Nick nodded to inform him that he was correct. "So I'll leave you two to talk."

"What the hell happened out there?" Nick questioned angerly, attempting to keep himself from yelling as he moved closer towards Kevin.

"I don't know," he answered softly. "I was walking down the street and then I heard a crash and I went to see if anyone was hurt and that's when I saw Madison and yelled for someone to call 911. That's it."

"Why the hell didn't you call me!? I know you were worried but fuck how much would it have taken to call my cell?"

"Look Nick between the doctors and the police asking me questions I didn't have much time, okay? By the time that I had a second to call you, the nurse told me that they had already called adn that you were on your way here," he explained. "They called you, you're here and that's what that matters."

"Sorry," Nick replied with a sigh.

"It's okay little bro. This is a lot to deal with," he answered. "I knew you'd be a little crazy."

"Have you seen her?"

"Not since before we got here."

"How was she?"

"The doctors said she looked good considering what she had just gone through," he stated. Nick looked at Kevin and shook his head, still in disbelief.

"Did she say anything to you?"

"No. I don't even think she knew it was me. She was really out of it, actually, now that I think about it, I don't even think she was awake when I found her." He looked at Nick who looked more upset than he had ever seen him before. Kevin surpressed a sigh and then spoke. "So what did the doctor say to you about her condition?"

"He said that she might have some brain damage," he replied, his voice barely a whisper. "Amnesia, he said, seems likely. That is if she doesn't have any serious brain damage. He said that the only way that they would know for sure is when she wakes up."

"Madison is a strong girl, she'll pull through this just fine," Kevin said hoping to encourage Nick. "She survived the crash and that was the worst of it. Everything else from here gets easier."

"It's not easier if she doesn't know who I am," Nick muttered bitterly.

"Don't get yourself all worked up over something that might not even happen. For all we know she can wake up and there's not going to be a problem."

"I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst because she can forget everything okay? I don't want to get myself all excited about this and then having her wake up sick," Nick said angerly. "You can't tell me that this is easy or that everything is going to be okay because you have no fucking clue. Not even the doctor can assure me she's going to be okay!"

"Relax kid," Kevin said calmly. "Don't get yourself all worked up over this alright? Madison needs you to be strong, okay?"

"Can I go in and see her? I really want to see her," Nick stated, looking towards Madison's door. Part of him didn't want to see the damage that lay beyond that door. He didn't want to see Madison when she was at this low point in her life. She was always strong. Nick had never seen her reach a low point since he had known her. Then he wanted to go in there. He wanted to let her know that he was there for her even when things were bad, even when he was scared.

"Yeah, it's okay I guess," Kevin replied stepping aside.

"How does she look?" Nick asked as his hand gripped the door knob tightly. Kevin looked towards Nick who still faced the doorway, looking fearful of the sight that he may have to face once entering and preparing for the worst.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? Weren't you there when they brought her hear?"

"Yeah I was there but I wasn't too concerned with how she looked and besides I didn't really get a good look at her. I was more concerned in making sure that she made it to the hospital," Kevin answered.

"I'm sorry," Nick replied rubbing his eyes and taking a second to think about the situation that he now found himseld in. He should not be fighting with Kevin and he knew that. Nick was just so angry and knew no other ways to take out his fustration. "I'm just..."

"It's okay," Kevin interrupted. "Just go in and see her." Nick nodded. He gripped the door knob for a second, gathering his courage before entering. Once Nick was inside of Madisons room, he shut the door and slowly made his way towards her, wanting to be close to her. Needing to see her dispite all of his reservations. Fear was only one of the emotions that were coursing through his veins. Anger was another. He was angry that something like this could happen; did happen to someone that he loved.

"Maddy," Nick said softly, his voice coming out a dry, horse whisper. "It's Nick. I'm here for you baby." Nick stopped talking and walked right next to Madison's bed. He looked down at her with tears in his eyes. He didn't want to see her like this. He didn't want to see her in this much pain nor did he want to see her so helpless, so lost. Nick wrapped his hands around the railing of the bed, keeping his eyes locked on Madison's sleeping form.

"Maddy, please, if you can hear me, give me some sort of sign," he stated hopefully, sighing with dissappointment after waiting and recieveing nothing. "It's okay," Nick continued. "I'll wait here for you for as long as you need me to. Everything else can wait. It's not as important as you." He nodded at his last statement. He wasn't going to leave until he knew that Madison was going to be okay, which was his main, and only, concern at the moment.

Nick let himself fall onto the chair that was next to the bed. All of this had occured in less than an hour but he was already beginning to feel the physical affects. He was so drained from worrying about Madison that he let his eyes fall shut. Who would say anything? He was there to be by his girlfriends side, he had a reason to be there. Surely, they wouldn't make him leave her when she was like this. He needed to know that she was alright, he had to see it for himself, he couldn't just hear it over the phone. It only took a few seconds before Nick fell asleep on the chair with the tradtional hopsital sounds in the background luling him to sleep.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=826