Howie's Very Bad Day by Mare
Summary: Howie is having a very bad day lol
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Howie
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1653 Read: 810 Published: 04/05/07 Updated: 04/05/07

1. Chapter 1 by Mare

Chapter 1 by Mare
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy this. Since I have written a story in everyone's POV I decided on Howie for this fic since out of them all, I find him the hardest to write.

Howie’s Very Bad Day






I was in an ill mood, like a seriously bad mood. I know I’m considered to be the happy, always nice one of the bunch but sometimes…just sometimes I didn’t want to be bothered with that moniker. There was no reason for my bad mood either, I mean nothing catastrophic happened. I didn’t have a fight with anyone and nothing made me angry, I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. So, sue me!



I was having a very bad day!



I didn’t want to go to this stupid TV Guide photo shoot. I just wanted to stay home one day all by myself. Snuggle up in my bed, watch TV and order room service. Heck, I didn’t even want to answer my phone!



Being rebellious, I decided to take my time for once. Why should I always be the first person all ready to go? I’d be sitting there just twiddling my thumbs waiting for the others to finally grace us with their presence. Let them wait for me for once. So, I purposely stayed in bed a little longer than usual. Let my shower go about fifteen minutes too long and just sat in my naked splendor on my bed instead of putting on the outfit picked out for this photo shoot.



There was a knock on the door, yes God forbid if I was a little late. That’s when I looked at the clock, “Crap,” I said a loud. Okay I was just a tad bit later than a little late.



“Howie, are you in there?” It was Kevin. Great…



“Uh, yeah I’ll be right there.” Even in a rush, I stopped to look at myself in the mirror before opening the door and letting him into my room.



He looked annoyed, “Everything okay?”



“Yeah, sorry I’m just running a little late.”



“You aren’t even dressed yet?” He looked down at my robe. I’m glad I decided to put it on. I did debate with myself for a millisecond about just staying naked. Nothing sends a ‘leave me the hell alone’ statement better than a naked Howie.



“No, my alarm clock didn’t go off,” I lied.



“We’re all waiting on you. I was worried. It’s not like you to be this late.”



“Yeah I guess there’s a first for everything.” I sighed as I grabbed my outfit and headed for the bathroom.



He gently grabbed my arm as I passed him, “You sure you’re alright?”



“I’m fine. I’m just having a bad day.” I pulled away from him and went into the bathroom, closing the door and getting dressed.



By the time I came out, Kevin was gone. I guess he figured I just needed my space. He knew how to read me. The others he would nag but me, he always gave me the space I needed. I shook my head, disappointed in my own lateness now. Over an hour, that’s really bad.



I heard Nick’s giggle and the idle chatter of voices as I got closer to the van, but once they saw me step in, all talking stopped. “Nice of you to join us, finally,” Brian said kind of smugly as if we have never waited for him before…please.



“So, what’s up?” Nick asked me as we got underway.



“Not a thing.” I was short with him, and yes I know I’m short with everyone. I’m short…not funny!



“It seems like you’re in a bad mood.”



“I am.”



“Why?”



“Because.”



“Because why?”



“Just because.”



“Just because why?”



“Nick…” Kevin gave him a warning look.



“Jesus, I was just asking…excuse the fuck out of me.”



He looked over at me and rolled his eyes. I had the urge to kick him, but luckily for him it passed. Groping in my small bag, I took out my headphones and decided to block my band mates out for the remainder of our ride.



~*~*~*~




I felt a nudge against my body so I looked up to find AJ staring at me, “We’re here dude.” He said as he twitched his eyes. Sometimes his eye twitchiness gets on my nerves.



I nodded at him, “You okay?” He asked me as he purposely slowed his pace to keep up with mine.



“I’m just having a bad day.” I answered in a monotone voice.



“I know that feeling.” He replied and instantly I found myself feeling bad for treating them all this way.



We were met at the door by a rather flamboyant guy who pushed us through howling something about us being way behind schedule because of our lateness. Kevin and our management were very apologetic as I got a bunch of nasty glances thrown in from the people at the Firm.



“We just need to finish setting up, help yourself to the stuff at the Kraft table in the meantime.” One of the people from TV Guide said. She was very sweet and smelled like Cinnamon.



“First they yell at us for being late and then they tell us they’re not ready for us.” Nick muttered as he helped himself to a bagel with cream cheese. “You know, if that was me making us late, Kevin would still be screaming at me, right?” He asked.



“Good thing it wasn’t you then, huh?” I added, going over to the table and picking up an apple. It wasn’t until I saw the food that I realized how hungry I was.



“You sure you’re okay D? A not okay D is not a good thing.”



“Nicky I’m fine…I’m just having a bad day.”



“Pfft! You know what happened to me this morning?” No, I did not and at that moment I didn’t much care either. But even I was starting to not like me so I just stood and listened, not that he would have stopped talking either way. “I accidentally flung my shoes off the balcony!”



“What?” He picked up his left foot and showed it to me. Sure enough nothing was on there. How did I miss that?



“How in the hell did you even…oh Lord never mind I don’t think I want to know…” I decided to change my question, “So, you came here barefoot?”



“No, I was wearing my flip flops but he yelled at me and told me to take them off!” When he said that he pointed over to the photographer as if he was the big school bully and I was the big brother who was supposed to kick his ass. “Go kick his ass for me Howie!” God, it scares me how well I know this kid!



“Nick a kitten can kick that guy’s ass. I can’t believe you…actually I can.” I sighed and had to laugh.



“If it makes you laugh and gets you out of your horrible mood, I’ll do it more often.” He winked at me and then grabbed a cookie, placed it in his pocket and walked away.



Brian took a look at Nick and then asked me, “Did I just see him put a cookie in his pocket?”



“Yes, you did.” He laughed and grabbed a banana. “And apparently he lost his shoes off the balcony this morning.” I added.



“I know…” Brian shook his head. “Are you doing okay Howie? You don’t seem okay today.”



“I’m just having a bad day.”



“Sorry to hear that, and I’m sorry for being a jerk to you this morning. We had just gotten yelled at by Brent when you walked in.”



“Brian, there’s no need to apologize, I was a jerk by making us late in the first place.”



“Still, I’m sorry.”



I smiled at him, “Well, so am I then.”



He grabbed my hand and shook it, “Okay it’s a truce…well I’m going to go get into my makeup and be all pretty. I’ll catch you later!”



As I watched Brian walk away it occurred to me that even though I was such a huge jerk today, all four of them showed me nothing but concern. I was really quite lucky to have these guys in my life. Then a miraculous thing happened, I started to feel better. I found myself smiling for no reason.



“Howie, are you on crack or something?” I looked over at AJ who seemed to be amused.



“Why do you ask?”



“Because you’re staring up at the ceiling and smiling.”



“Oh...nope just happy I guess.”



“Oookay…” He backed out of the room in his infamous cartoon character style, “They are ready for you in makeup!” He said just as he turned and ran out the door.



I heard laughter filling the room as I returned from the makeup chair. When I walked in I found Kevin standing on Nick for some reason as AJ and Brian looked on. This time they didn’t stop when they saw me, they only looked at me and smiled, “Hey D! Come join the fun…grab a leg!” Kevin said motioning for me to take Nick’s leg and pull on it as the blonde fell into a fit of giggles.



I complied and laughed at his feet! “Look at these dirty feet Nicky!” I said as I pointed down at him, “See? This is what happens when you accidentally lose your shoes off the balcony!”



Just then the flamboyant photographer (try saying that ten times fast) decided to take a picture. The love I felt for the people I work with and the job I do burst into light with the flash of the camera and when that flash faded away, so did my very bad day.



The end




This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8380