The Baylee Chronicles:The Case Of The Beanie Blues by honey
Summary: Baylee Littrell's on the case again and this time he's recruited a new sidekick! AJ's been stealing all the attention with the help of his new look and King of the Spotlight, Nick Carter is NOT happy about it. In an attempt to regain his title as most popular Backstreet Boy, Nick hires Baylee to find out AJ's secret!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Other
Genres: Adventure, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: The Baylee Chronicles
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 5631 Read: 801 Published: 04/11/07 Updated: 04/11/07

1. The Case Of The Beanie Blues by honey

The Case Of The Beanie Blues by honey
Author's Notes:
Hey everyone! This is the second story in the series, so if you haven't read Baylee's first Adventure yet, be sure to check it out too!
Adventure # 2 – The Case Of The Beanie Blues

DATE: August 2, 2005
LOCATION: - Molson Amphithearter, Toronto Ontario, Canada
VICTIM: Nick Carter



It was nearly two weeks into the tour and the guys were starting to feel the stress of life on the road. Tonight would be the 9th performance in 12 days. Only people who have been involved with such an extensive production know exactly how exhausting it can be and everyone has different ways of coping. For instance, Howie likes to read, AJ spends a lot of time on the phone and my dad likes to play games with me. We have some good times. For the record, I play a mean game of Chutes and Ladders.

Unfortunately though, for me things are a little different. The busier everyone else gets, the more down time I have. Nearly two weeks into the tour and despite the few kinks that come from rusty boys getting back into the habit of performing, things were down right dull for me. The most fun I’d had since the tour started was that first night when I went on a crusade to find my Cheeto thief. That’s why when Nick came to me with a mystery I jumped at the chance to solve it.

August 2 - Molson Amphitheatre Toronto, ON Canada
Day one of the beanie craze


We were in Ontario this time and the trouble started during a radio show before that night’s performance. Canadian fans are some of the most faithful the Backstreet Boys have and they never miss a thing. During the interview it was brought to everyone’s attention that this was the ninth performance of the tour and AJ had been seen wearing a different beanie for each one. Personally I don’t understand the man’s fascination with the things, especially in the middle of the summer, but then AJ’s always been a little strange. The comment spawned an interesting conversation about AJ’s unique style and the beanies quickly became a signature look and caused quite a craze among Backstreet fans worldwide.

It’s needless to say that all the attention AJ was receiving was taking the spotlight away from a certain blonde ham, and I am not talking about myself. That’s right, Nick Carter was no longer the center of attention and he was not very happy about it. Like I said, everyone has their ways of dealing with the stress and for Nick, it was definitely soaking up a little extra attention.

August 6 - Nissan Pavilion Washington, DC
Day 4 of the beanie craze


We were at a meet and greet before the concert and for the first time in Backstreet history, the line of fans waiting to talk to AJ far surpassed that of his younger, more popular band mate. We’re not talking five or ten people either, it seemed everyone wanted to talk to AJ that night.

I sat next to AJ on Dad’s lap as he talked to fans and signed autographs. I usually wait with Mom or Ms. Jenny during these things but I think even Dad was hurting for a little attention tonight and everyone knows no Backstreet fan can resist the worlds only Backstreet baby. One of these days they’re just going to have to give me my own chair and let me autograph headshots, though I think Nick would be cranky all the time if that happened. As it is, Dad was already getting looks from him because I was attracting what little attention there was left after AJ.

Nick was sitting on the other side of AJ and after listening to girl after girl ask AJ about where he gets his awesome beanies, he simply couldn’t stand it anymore and stole me right off my father’s lap. “Sorry Bro.” He told my dad, “I need to borrow your little chick magnet for a while.”

My dad smirked, but handed me over nonetheless. Yeah, maybe they are exploiting my cuteness, but I have to admit, I don’t mind all that much. I usually have quite a nice view when all those unsuspecting girls lean over to kiss or pinch my cheek. (Hey, what’d you expect? I’m growin up with the Backstreet Boys as rolemodels.)

Anyway, getting to the point, while I sat with Nick that afternoon I helped him get a little more attention but even together we couldn’t compete with AJ. He was just too hot at the moment. After the meet and greet Nick was pouting and even though I know he could use a little ego deflation from time to time, I still felt bad for the guy. “S’ok Nick.” I assured him. “I still love you.”

“I know little man, but you aren’t gonna keep me busy between soundcheck and the show if you know what I mean.” Nick winked at me and I winked back. “You know, I wish I knew where AJ was getting all those damn beanies. Seriously it’s like August. Who sells beanies in August? I’ve tried to figure it out but AJ doesn’t turst me for shit.”

“Nick!” Dad yelped from across the room, “Watch your language in front of my son.”

Dad was always yelling at people to watch their language, never worked though. Nick didn’t even listen to him anymore. Instead he looked at me and his face lit up. I don’t know if he was teasing or not, but like I said before, I was desperate for some action. “You should spy on him for me. He likes you, you could get close.” I grinned to let him know I was interested and he continued with his proposal. “You figure out where AJ’s getting those beanines from and you might just find yourself rich in Cheetos little man. I know how much you love those.”

To be honest, I probably would have done it just for the thrill, but if he wanted to offer me the world’s most heavenly snack, I wasn’t gonna argue. “Deal.” I said and solidified the contract with a handshake.

Baylee Littrell was on the job again!

August 7 - SPAC Saratoga Springs, NY
Day 5 of the beanie craze


Another concert, another beanie. AJ had even brought one of his old ones on stage that night and threw it into the audience for some lucky fan to take home. Talk about causing a comotion, I was backstage and I still heard the roar of the audience when he did it. I’d been thinking about it for a day and had yet to come up with a plan to spend some time with AJ, but as I watched the concert from the sidelines with Ms Jenny that night, it hit me. At one point Nick winked off the stage at Ms. Jenny and AJ had done the same thing two or three times. Ms. Jenny would be my key to AJ.

AJ was a sucker for my nanny, but Ms. Jenny was a sucker for Nick. So my task was to somehow get Nick to get miss Jenny involved in the great beanie caper. Me alone wouldn’t be enough to convince Ms. Jenny to spend a little extra time with “the king of all players” as she refered to him, but if Nick were to ask, well then I would have all the time I needed to figure out where those hats were coming from.

Both Nick and AJ have taught me a lot about the dating game, but Ms Jenny’s taught me the most probably. Not on purpose of course, but indirectly. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from wathcing her, it’s that when she wanted Nick to pay attention to her, all she had to do was pay a little attention to AJ. It was no secret that Ms. Jenny had a crush on Nick and he loved having that power over her. So when ever he did something to make her angry she would intentionally flirt with AJ in front of him and it always did the trick.

Well if Ms Jenny could do it, then so could I. After the show that night everyone was relaxing for a bit waiting out the crowd in the lounge before heading back to the hotel. AJ was sitting on the couch and I dragged Ms Jenny over next to him and climbed into her lap when she sat down. “Well somebody sure is sunggly.” She giggled when I wrapped my arms around her.

Rule number four – It never hurts to play up the cuteness when you’re trying to manipulate people.

“I could be snuggly too if you’d like.” AJ said scooting a little closer and throwing his arm around her shoulder.

AJ – The man is almost too easy.

Ms Jenny giggled again. Although she and AJ were playing perfectly into my game with all of their shameless flirting, I needed to steer the conversation in the the right direction. With the cutest giggle I could produce and the infamous grin I’d inherrited from my dad, I reached up and stole the beanie from AJ’s head and placed it on Ms. Jenny. “Aww thanks Baylee.” Ms Jenny laughed, “I feel so special having the opportunity to wear a signature AJ beanie.”

“Ms. Jenny’s Cute.” I said playing it up a little more.

Nick glanced up from his gameboy from across the room. He was already moody from all the attention stealing and to see AJ taking Ms. Jenny’s attention was almost enough to send him over the edge. I was the only one to notice his icy glare. My plan was working!

“Baylee’s right.” AJ said ever so smoothly reaching up to tuck the strands of loose hair away from Ms. Jenny’s eyes. “It looks great on you.”

Even I was surprised when Ms. Jenny blushed. Nick was on his feet in seconds and I conviently climbed from Ms. Jenny’s lap to AJ’s. Nick pulled her to her feet and stared at her for a moment in a way that caused her cheeks to go from red to deep purple. “He’s right. You look hot.” Nick said as he playfully pulled Ms. Jenny into his arms.

AJ knew as well as Nick and I at that point that he was no longer in the picture. Nick won that round and AJ, never liking to be shown up in the woman department, huffed out of the room mumbling something about needing a cigarette.

As soon as he was gone Nick stole the beanie from Ms. Jenny’s head. “You shouldn’t encourage him, you know.” He warned playfully, “The man already has an ego the size of Texas.”

“Would you rather I catered to yours?” Ms. Jenny teased placing the hat on Nick’s head. “Maybe you should think about getting a beanie of your own.”

Nick grinned and I rubbed my hands together anticipating his next move. Nick was far too predictable, either that or I’m just a genius. “I wouldn’t have to if I could steal AJ’s.”

“You wouldn’t.” Ms. Jenny laughed.

“I can’t. AJ’s got security around the damn things, but you could.”

“I could what?”

“You could steal AJ’s beanie collection for me. Or at least create a diversion so I can do it. Wouldn’t you love to see the look on his face when he can’t find his precious beanies and I come out on stage wearing one?”
“Oh no!” Ms Jenny laughed, “I am not getting in the middle of a Backstreet prank war. I know better than that.”

That was an unexpected turn. Ms. Jenny was resisting. I forgot about the fact she had fallen victim to a prank once already. The memory of that whole waterballoon incident was enough to make her resisit even the great Nick Carter. I had to think fast!

Jumping to my feet I ran between the two and clung to Ms. Jenny’s hand. “We do it! We do it!” I offered. “For cheetos!”

“You just remember everythign don’t ya?” Nick laughed.

I nodded proudly. “I promised this little guy cheetos if he figured out where AJ gets his beanies.”

“Is that so?” Ms Jenny laughed.

“Cheetos!” I pouted.

“You know, I’m sure I could find another bag of cheetos for you if you wanted to help.” Nick said.

“I don’t work for Cheeots.” Ms. Jenny laughed, “No offense buddy.” She said as she tussled my hair.

Normally I hate that but I had to let it slide this time. I smiled up at them as angelically as possible and said, “Kisses!”

Nick and Ms. Jenny looked at me a bit confused and I grinned. Now I had them right where I wanted them. “Daddy likes getting kisses.”

“I like the way you think little man.” Nick laughed. “So how bout it Jenny? AJ’s beanies for a kiss from Nick Carter?”

My entire case rested on Ms Jenny’s answer, but I was sure I had her. There’s no way she’d be able to resisit such an offer. I started to panic when she smirked. I thought I was defeated until she said, “Dinner.”

Nick looked down at me, “She drives a hard bargin.”

I nodded my encouragement and Nick smiled. “I’ll cook it myself if you can find out where he’s gtting them from.”

BINGO! Ms. Jenny took the offer and I had myself a very useful partner in crime.

August 8 – Still in New York

The Backstreet Boys didn’t have to be in Conneticut until the 9th so everyone had a little downtime before the busses left the hotel. Ms. Jenny and I had gone downstairs to come up with a plan and that’s when I got my first major break in my case. My mother was going out to do a little shopping before we had to leave and she stopped to ask Ms. Jenny if she needed anything. While Ms. Jenny mentioned something about batteries for her digital camera, AJ appeared in the lobby without a beanie on his head. I ran to him and he scooped me up. “No hat?” I asked him.

AJ shrugged. “I ran into a pretty fan last night coming back to the hotel. You know I can’t resist the ladies. I gave her my beanie. Guess I’ll just have to get another one.”

Could it be that easy? Was I really about to figure it out? “Mommy’s going to store.” I suggested.

AJ looked over at my mom with interest. This was it. Turns out I wouldn’t need Ms. Jenny after all. If AJ went shopping with my mom then I would just tag along and I would know where he was getting the hats.

Ms. Jenny saw me and AJ and she ran up to us with and smiled. “AJ!” she said, “Just the man I was looking for.”

Ms. Jenny was up to something. I looked curiously at her and she gave me a reassuring wink. It appeared she had a plan. I decided to go with the flow and see what she’d come up with. After all,

Rule number five – All great detectives have a good sidekick.

If you’ve got to have a sidekick, Ms. Jenny’s the one to have. She’s sharp and attractive, both very useful traits in the sleuthing business. Not to mention she lets me lead most of the time dispite my age. Most people underestimate me because I’m only two and a half and I use that that to my advantage, but when talking about a pertner, there has to be some trust. Ms. Jenny and I have an understanding. She’s one of the few people that really knows what I’m capable of.

“Baylee and I were going to go do a little shopping today.” Ms. Jenny said, “I could sure use the advice of the man who singlehandedly started a new global trend. You wanna come?”

That Ms. Jenny’s quite a woman. She wasn’t only thinking along the same lines as me with the whole shopping idea, but she was buttering him up quite nicely. The way AJ’s face lit up was perfect. He fell into her trap and I have to admit I couldn’t have done things better myself. “It’s a date.” AJ responded with kiss to Ms. Jenny’s cheek.

“I just have to tell Leighanne and then we can go.” Ms. Jenny said.

AJ glanced over at mom and then did something neither me or Ms. Jenny expected. He handed me to Ms. Jenny and with a guilty look on his face said, “I’ll go tell her. You guys sit tight a sec and I’ll be right back.”

AJ was up to something and we both knew it. We looked at each other and then watched him very closely as he trecked across the hotel lobby to talk to my mom. He laughed with her for a moment and then handed her some cash. Ms. Jenny and I looked at each other again. Our plan was backfiring. “I think we have a problem Baylee.” Ms Jenny said. “I think your mom’s in on AJ’s little scheme.”

Rule number six - A good detective must think on his toes.

My brain wheeld at lightening speed as I tried to think of a way to fix the problem. This was our biggest clue so far and I couldn’t let the lead walk out the door without following it. I knew what had to be done. It was time to split up. I would let Ms. Jenny work her charm on AJ and I would stick to my mother like gule. She would never suspect me. She’s a smart woman, but she’s a sucker for the men in her life and my dad may be charming, but I got him beat by a mile. I grinned at my new partner and she looked at me curiously, “What is it Baylee?” she questioned, “You know something I don’t?”

I nodded my head and Ms. Jenny put me down. I ran to my mother and Ms. Jenny followed close behind me. I had a plan and I knew she would back me up. “Mommy! Mommy!” I called.

When she lifted me onto her hip I showered her in kisses. You can’t forget rule number five, and mom was going to be a tough cookie to crack this time. “I love you mommy!” I said with more kisses.

“I love you too sweetie.” She laughed, “Are you going to have some fun with Ms. Jenny and AJ today?”

“I want mommy.” I pouted.

“Aww I’m hurt little man.” AJ said, “You’d rather spend time with your mom than Uncle AJ? I think I hear a happy meal calling your name.”

AJ held out his hands to me and although a happy meal was tempting, I was on a mission. I winked so that only Ms. Jenny could see and when she smiled at me I clung to my mother and hid my face in her chest. “I want mommy.” I said again.

I looked up at my mom with my best puppy dog face and said, “I go with you please?”

“I suppose I could take him off your hands for a while.” Mom said smiling down at me.

I grinned again and wrapped my arms tightly around her as I showered her with more kisses; it couldn’t hurt.

“That’s ok Leigh,” AJ said, “We’re happy to take him with us if you want some alone time.”

I looked at Ms. Jenny a little worried. AJ was being very difficult. Ms. Jenny smiled at me and then said, “Actually Leighanne, if you don’t mind, it would be kind of nice to have a little one on one time with AJ. We never do that.”

I giggled but Mom and AJ were both a little shocked. Ms. Jenny smiled at AJ and said, “You did say it was a date, did you not?”

“In that case,” AJ grinned, “You gotta take him Leigh. Baylee’s pretty cute and I don’t want to have to compete.”

That’s my girl, taking one for the team. AJ’s advances were sure to become relentless after this kind of encouragement. I had to laugh, Ms. Jenny must have wanted that dinner with Nick real bad.

It was settled, Ms. Jenny would work on breaking AJ that morning and I would find out how my mother was involved. With one last knowing smile to Ms. Jenny, we split up and I was off for a fun filled day of running errands.

Being a detective is not always fun. Sometimes you’re stuck doing something boring for the sake of the job. We’d been to the post office, the pharmacy, the grocery store and the bank and nothing we’d done gave me any clues into the beanie ordeal. I was beginning to think it was hopeless and hopped Ms. Jenny was having better luck with AJ, when mom said we had one last stop to make.

I soon found myself sifting through different colors of yarn. I couldn’t understand what on earth we were doing that for and my mother must have seen the forwn on my face. “This is called yarn sweetie.” She explained, “You make things with it.”

“What things?”

“Well like your baby blanket.”

“My blue blankie?”

“Yeah,” mom said, “I was thinking I would knit you a new one because your blue one is getting pretty ragged.”

A new blanket did sound nice, she was right about my blue one, it was falling apart. I nodded my head with entheusiasim and mom told me to pick what color I wanted. I began sorting through all the colors and I happened upon a specific shade of green that looked very familiar. I thought long and hard for a moment and it dawned on me where I’d seen that color recently. It was the same dark green that AJ was wearing on his head last night.

How could I have been so blind? My mom wasn’t buying a beanie for AJ, that’s rediculous. Where would you even find one in the middle of the summer? No one sells beanies in August. No, my mother was making beanies for AJ!

My mom’s been knitting since before I was born. She’s the one who made me my favorite blue blanket. It all makes sense now. My mom is always knitting. That’s how she likes to relax. She says it’s a great way to pass the long bus rides while we’re taveling.

Mom saw me starng at the dark green and asked if that’s the color I wanted for my blanket. I ended up picking a dark blue instead and my mom got a few extra spools of the color. I also noticed that she picked up several other colors as well. A very bright red, a bright yellow and some white; all colors that would be perfect for a signature AJ beanie.

I basked in my triumph all the way back to the hotel knowing that I had solved another mystery, but I still needed the proof. My plan was to wait until mom started making the next one and then I would catch her in the act. I would bring the unfinished product to Nick and assuming he had the brians to figure out what he was looking at, he would know the truth behind AJ’s new style. Maybe he could even talk mom into making him a beanie too. That might make him feel better.

After my long day I was pretty tuckered out and started to dose off just as we got back to the hotel. Mom insisted I take a nap and I was ok with that idea. Solving mysteries is tough work. It also worked well because AJ and Ms. Jenny weren’t back yet, which meant that mom would have to stay with me while I slept. If she didn’t fall asleep with me, then she would pull out her knitting while I was resting and I could crack the case before having to get on the bus.



August 8 – Somewhere on the road to Connecticut.

The next thing I knew, I was rudely awakened by a bump in the road. I opened my eyes to find I was sleeping next to my dad on the small bed on our tour bus. How could I have slept so long? Somehow I managed to sleep through checking out of the hotel and being moved onto the bus. Dissappointed that I may have missed my opportunity to catch my mother red handed… or yellow, or white, depending on what color yarn she was using, I climbed out of my father’s arms and moved toward the front of the bus.

I found Mom and Ms. Jenny playing cards. “Well there’s one of my sleepyheads!” Mom said as she pulled me into her arms.

“You must have had an exciting day.” Ms. Jenny said.

At the the mention of my day I suddenly felt excited to share my discovery with her. “Ms Jenny, look!” I said squriming down from my mom’s lap.

I ran to the small cupboard where I knew my mom kept her knitting and I quickly pulled the needles out. “Careful with that Baylee.” My mom warned, “I would hate to have to start all over.”

I pulled the needles into the open to reveal… the beginings of what looked like a dark blue blanket? “I know. Your mother showed me that earlier. I’m glad you’re excited about the new blanket.”

I frowned and dropped the project to the floor. I began searching the tiny cupboard for the evidence, but I found no trace of the red or yellow or white yarn anywhere. I looked up at my mom in total confusion. I was so sure that she was the one who had been making AJ his beanies, but there’s no way she could have made them all in the time that I’d been sleeping, not when she’d already started working on my new blanket.

No, it couldn’t have been her. But if it wasn’t her, then who was making them? It couldn’t have been Ms. Jenny. Mom tought her how to knit and she dabbled with it occasionally, but when a dinner with Nick Carter was on the line, Ms. Jenny would have given up her secret in a heartbeat. So it wasn’t mom, and it wasn’t Ms. Jenny, that could only leave Aunt Kristen. I’d never seen her knit before, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t.

My mom and Ms. Jenny were both staring at me now and I figured why not just ask. “Where’s AJ’s hats?” I asked holding up the yarn.

For a moment both women just looked at me and I cursed myself for having the vocabulary of a two year old, but then my mother cracked a smile. “You are one sharp kid.” She laughed.

“You made AJ hats like my blankie?” I asked again.

Ms. Jenny finally realized what was going on and her mouth dropped. She gave my mom a questioning look and my mother could no longer hold in her laughter. “Sorry Baylee.” She said, “I’m not the one making AJ all those beanies.”

“Aunt Kristen?”

“Nope kiddo. It’s not her either.”

Mom was challenging me with her eyes. She was taunting me mercilessly almost as if she were daring me to guess it right. Whoever was doing it had obviously sworn her to secrecy and she was dying to let it spill without actually breaking her promise. But who? The wheels in my head began to turn but I didn’t have to think long. With one surprising gasp Ms. Jenny named the culprit. “AJ?” she yelled.

My mother burst into laughter confirming Ms. Jenny’s suspisions. “You didn’t hear it from me.” She said.

“Didn’t hear what from you?”

Me, Mom and Ms. Jenny all looked up to see my dad standing there rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “AJ’s been knitting his own beanies.” Ms. Jenny laughed.

“He what?” Dad asked.

“AJ makes hats.” I said holding up what would soon be my new blanket.

“You have got to be kidding me.” Dad laughed. “All the fuss over those beanies and he’s been sitting on his bus hunched over a pair of needles like an old lady?”

“Who you calling old Mr.?” Mom questioned. “No more scarves for you.”

“Aww, I’m sorry baby.” My dad said as he patronized her with a kiss, “You know I love everything you make me, but AJ? Knitting? This I gotta see!”

Dad went up and talked to the bus driver for a moment and me Mom and Ms. Jenny watched curiously as he handed dad the CB radio. Dad called up AJ’s bus driver and said, “Hey man, this is Brian. What’s AJ doing right now? Is he knitting?”

We all heard the bus driver laugh over the radio and then he whispered, “He’s actually been at it for almost an hour now. Surprised he’s been able to keep it secret this long.”

“A hundred bucks if you pull over and tell him you’re taking a leak.” Dad promised.

Again the bus driver laughed. “Mr. Littrell, don’t be getting me in any trouble now.”

“Two hundred.” Dad replied.

The bus driver laughed and then dad grinned when he heard the man yell back to AJ that he was pullin over for a minute. “Hon, you got a camera?” he asked.

“You boys are so mean to each other.” Mom teased.

“I’ve got one.” Ms Jenny offered.

Our bus slowly pulled to a stop and Dad krept off the bus to the one parked in front of us. When AJ’s bus driver got off, Dad put his finger to his lips and snuck abord AJ’s bus. There was a flash of light and then a lot of profainity over the radio and then dad came running back to our bus. “Let’s go, lets go!” he laughed and our bus driver closed our door just before AJ got there.

The moment was classic and the picture was better. We laughed all the way to the next hotel. Once we were there Ms. Jenny and I found Nick. He could tell by the look on our faces that we were up to something. Ms. Jenny smiled at me and then handed me the camera. “Since you’re the one who figured it out, why don’t you show him?”

I proudly handed over the evidence and nothing ever felt grater than the look on Nick’s face when he saw a surprised AJ tangled in a mess of red and yellow yarn looking like he belonged on the cover of a 4-H Club magazine. I’ve never seen Nick laugh so hard in all his life. It was truly a great moment.

Nick looked at me when he was done with his lauging fit and tussled my hair. “I owe you a bag of Cheetos kid.” He said and then smiled at Ms Jenny, “And it looks like I’ll be cooking tonight too. Why don’t you come by my room in say about an hour and I’ll whip you up some frozen corndogs.”

“Ooh, frozen corndogs, every girls’ dream.” Ms Jenny laughed.

“Sorry, I’m not much of a cook, but we can order roomservice for dessert and watch a movie or something.”

Ms Jenny blushed and I couldn’t help but feel proud that she was finally gonna get her shot with her dream man.

August 9 - CTNow.com Theatre Wallingford, CT
14th Performance of the Never Gone Tour


Ms. Jenny got a date with Nick and for me, the last few days had been more than interesting. I even got a big bag of Cheetos, which I saved for tonights show. Ms. Jenny and I managed to find seats where we would be able to watch the show from the front. There was no way we were going to miss this after all the hard work we’d put into it.

Somewhere in the middle of the show before AJ had the chance to throw his beanie into the crowd, Nick managed to come up behind him and snatch it off his head. The audience loved every second of the playful scuffle as AJ tried to retrieve his property. He stoped when Nick commented on the excellent quality of the beanie and asked him where he found such an excellent winter hat in the middle of August. Dad and Howie had to hold AJ back when the lovely picture of him with knitting needles flashed up on the huge screen for the whole arena to see. The crowd went wild and Nick soaked up the attention like a sponge. I thnk it’s safe to say that Nick’s beanie blues have been cured.

Case # 2 – The Beaine Blues / CASE CLOSED
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8392