Two Worlds: A Backstreet Boy and Spanish Royalty? by Anita
Summary: When two different worlds collide, Nick is lost between a romance and helping a friend try to get back something that was stolen.

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 4007 Read: 4974 Published: 07/05/07 Updated: 01/08/08

1. Chapter 1 by Anita

2. Chapter 2 by Anita

3. Chapter 3 by Anita

4. Chapter 4 by Anita

5. Chapter 5 by Anita

Chapter 1 by Anita
Author's Notes:
here we go the first chapter of a new story im working on please read and review!
Santa Fe and the Fiesta's

Nick walked down town heading to the hystorical plaza. It was the heart of the city and he wanted to explore and get to know the culture for the city he was in. He looked around the street he was walking and saw some shops and a library.

Some little kids ran by him laughing. Nick heard a ton of noise and smiled as he grew nearer.

Nick stepped into the square and looked around. It was crowded with people, music was blasting around him and the air smelt of food. He saw the booths and his mouth watered as a couple walked by with roasted corn on the cob and huge chicken legs. It was all one big party. Nick wondered what was going on.

"Excuse me sir, what is all of this?" He asked an elder man.

"Tourist eh?'" The man smiled. "Well sir you are very lucky indeed this is a big celebration for Santa Fe, yes it is and you are in for a treat because our royalty is about to take the stage.

Nick blinked. He hadn't realized when he and the guys had come to New Mexico that they had royalty.

Glancing around Nick moved closer to the stage watching some band playing spanish music.

He looked around and watched some young people dancing getting into the fun. A young girl walked by some sort of mouth watering food. Nicks stomach growled and he wondered where he could get some food, close to the stage, but he did not want to miss the royalty.

The song finished and a woman dressed in black with silver and torquoise jewlery came up to the mic.

"Buena's dia's dama's y cabillero's, welcome ladies and gentleman. It is with great honor that I announce this years fiesta royalty!"

The crowd began to cheer as guitars and trumpets began to play. Men began to sing the song that had people clapping along and dancing as the crowd parted and people began to take the stage.

Santa Fe, tus fiestas de septiembre
Se celebran en la capital
Con Zozobra quemando las penas
Ya las fiestas van a comenzar
Tus mujeres llenas de alegria
Pregonando van su nuevo amor
A a luz de grandes luminarias
Van cantando con placer esta cancion

Si Seņor, como no, vamonos al vacilon
A bailar y gozar de esta linda poblacion

Feeling the music course through his veigns, Nick began to clap along to the song too and move to the music. The crowd sang along and cried out responses to the calls of the gentlemen singing.

Nick watched people walk up onto the stage. He saw three young Indian girls wearing crowns he frowned a bit confused.

"Who are they?" He asked a kid.

The little boy gave him a duh look.

"They are the Indian princesses."

Nick nodded and watched as the spanish princesses came up on the stage. They were dressed in peach satin dresses and wore silver and torquoise crowns with their hair pinned up. They were escorted by men but Nick couldn't tell if they were princes.

The trumpets seemed to blast a big louder. Nicks heart thumped with excietment. This was the moment, she stepped on stage to the loudest cheers.

She was dressed in a white dress and her cape was royal blue and silver velvet lined in white fur. She stepped onto the stage with grace and poise that Nick had no idea a woman that young could have.

"How old is the queen?" He asked the same little boy.

"La Reina is 21 years old."

Nick watched as she took center stage she stood smiling and waving until the music and cheers stopped. She lifted the mike and began to speak.

"Hello everyone. My name is Contessa Gomez, thank you all for joining me in this celebration."

Nick watched in awe as she began to address everyone in Spanish. He listened to her musical voice and longed for Howie to translate but he was at the hotel.

Nick wondered if he could meet her and stepped closer to the stage.

http://santafefiesta.org/song.html (you can find the english trasnlation and down load the song here)
Chapter 2 by Anita
Author's Notes:
please read and review
Meeting La Reina

Nick stood watching Contessa talk, he didn't pay much attention to the Spanish and Indian princesses she introduced. She was much more interesting to him. Saw a lady with a clip board he made his way over to her.

"Excuse me mam? May I please meet the queen?"

"Sir she is very busy we just won't have time for you to meet her and all of the other people who want to meet her too."

"But please.." He started but was interrupted when the people and royalty began to leave. She pulled him back.

Nick bit his lip watching Contessa walk to him seeing her this close he realized she was a very pretty young woman.

Contessa held her dress up to walk as two little girls carried the train of her cape as she began to come down the stairs she glanced up and nearly fell off the steps at what she saw.

With a start Nick realized she was staring right at him.

"Hello, I'm Nick....Carter"

She gasped eyes wide.

"Oh my gosh, the Backstreet Boy?"

Nick smiled and nodded.

Contessa came down the last step and stood she let out a little shriek.

"I I'm such a huge fan!"

A bigger guy nudged Nick.

"Show your respect for your queen." He hissed.

Nick glanced around unsure as Contessa's cheeks turned bright red. Giving her his famous Carter smirk and a wink he kneeled before her bowing his head.

"I'd love to talk to you and I'm honored that a queen is a fan of mine."

Contessa smiled at him, she was about to leave for some other duties.

"I'm staying at the Elderado Hotel. Can you meet me for dinner around 7?"

Contessa thought mentally checking her schedual and also wondering if she should be so willing and ready to meet Nick, who though was famous, was also a stranger.

"Um...ok?"

Nick smiled seeing her hesitate.

"It's in a public place and at least you are with the upper hand knowing your city."

Contessa smiled at him.

"Ok, see you at 7."

She followed the others away and Nick bounced on his feet excited. He was bursting with curiousity about the story of this royalty and how she became the queen.

Deciding to continue exploring, Nick followed his nose, his went to a booth.

"Navajo taco?" He read the sign. Shrugging he went to order one.

"Do you want red, green or christmas?" The lady asked.

Nick blinked wondering what in the world she was talking about. Seeing him hesitate she explained.

"Do you want green chile, red, or both?"

"Um..." Nick looked at the green chile, it was nothing like he had ever seen before.

"Read will be fine." He answered.

The lady got a plate and put down some strange looking bread thing on it.

"What is that?"

"A sopapilla."

Nick just nodded watching as she put some beans ontop followed by the red chile, lettus, tomatoes cheese and onions. The smell was mouth watering. He also ordered a coke and then paid. He looked around wondering where to sit and found a tree so went to sit on the grass with his food.

He took a large bite of the Navajo taco and moaned as his taste buds errupted with pleasure.

"Enjoying the rich foods of New Mexico Nicky boy?"

Nick looked up and grinned seeing Howie.

"Oh yeah How, this stuff is excellent."

"I'm gonna go grab some food Nick, I'll be back."

Nick slowly ate as he waited for Howie to return. The Plaza was still crowded with people and their celebration. He sat back in the shade, the September heat of this desert was different for him. It was dry unlike the Florida heat.

Howie walked back with a bowl of food. Nick eyed it.

"Frito pie." Howie said sitting down his legs crossed Indian style.

"So Nick, are you enjoying our stay so far?"

Nick nodded carefully as he chewed. The guys had needed a break and while on the web, Howie had read about the state called the Land Of Enchantment and when he told them about the things they could do, they had all agreed to come.

Nick told Howie about Contessa and the other royalty he had watched, he told him about how they briefly talked and that they were meeting for dinner.

"Nick just becareful ok? She is a fan."

Nick frowned.

"I'm her fan Howie and I want to know about this city and the stories behind it."

Howie looked carefully at his friend.

"Ok Nicky, if you're sure."

The two friends sat enjoying their lunch and being swept away by the cities magic.
Chapter 3 by Anita
That night, Nick sat in the hotels restaurant wanting for Contessa to come. He had so many questions for her and it didn't hurt that she had a pretty face.

"Hi Nick." Contessa said walking over.

Nick laughed to himself. She looked so different now that her long cape and crown were gone.

"Hey there! Glad you could make it." Nick said as he stood up.

Contessa was dressed casual in a pair of dark blue jeans and a pink sweater and yet she still carried herself with the same poise as she had earlier.

"So, how did you become Queen? Were you born like that?" Nick asked as she took a seat across from him.

"Whoa Nick, take it easy." She laughed.

Nick blushed a bit and sat quietly as she ordered herself a sprite with lemon.

Contessa turned to Nick spreading her cloth napkin in her lap.

"No Nick, I wasn't born queen. I had to work very hard for the honor and run."

"So, is it like the Miss America pageant?"

Contessa shook her head.

"No, I don't have to parade across stage in a bikini, I have to know the history of my city, what the queen represents, how Santa Fe became a city."

"What does Santa Fe stand for anyway?"

"The City of Holy Faith."

"That's pretty."

She nodded.

"See Nick, being queen isn't about wearing a pretty crown and waving. I have the responsibility of teaching our younger generations about our history and yes; fiesta does mean party. But most importantly Nick, the fiesta is a time of thanksgiving and prayer."

"Can you tell me the story about the city and becoming queen?"

Contessa nodded. She quickly placed her order with the waiter and she sat back taking a sip of her sprite.

"Santa Fe is one of the oldest historical cities. It was established by Don Juan de Oñate at San Gabriel in 1598. The city expanded 30 miles over to the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains where Santa Fe was founded in 1610. It was in 1680 that the Indians revolted and they drove the Spaniards out of the city and as it burned, they fled to Mexico. The Indians were unhappy about the Spaniards taking over and wanted their land back. But before the city burned, the Spaniards were able to rescue from the burning church the 29-inch wood carved Marian statue, La Conquistadora, originally brought to Santa Fe in 1625 by the missionary, Fray Alonso de Benavides."

Contessa paused sipping on her drink again; letting the first part of the story sink into Nick's mind.

Nick sat, picturing a great city burning down as the Spanish people ran for their lives and carried a statue with them flying for the Indian's that were trying to kill them.

"It all sounds interesting so far." He said.

Contessa smiled and continued the story.

"It was twelve years later that the king of Spain appointed Don Diego De Vargas to go resettle Santa Fe. De Vargas was able to accomplish this difficult and remarkable mission without bloodshed on September 4, 1692. With how angry the Indians had been before, it was a miracle that De Vargas and his troops were able to do this. But in December of the next year, the Indians resisted when De Vargas returned from a trip to recruit more colonists, so he set up an encampment outside the city near the present site of the Rosario Chapel. The anxious colonist placed La Conquistadora on a makeshift altar and implored her to intercede for the successful re-entry into the town. Before the end of December 1693, De Vargas led his triumphant forces back into the City of the Holy Faith."

Nick's eyes were wide, amazed at her story and to think that it was all true.

"So how exactly does it tie with what you do?"

"Well, in 1712, a proclamation was signed to honor what had happened and ever since we have been celebrating the victory, attending masses, praying and being thankful. Then of course there is the fun stuff like the burning of Old Man Gloom (A.K.A. Zozobra) to parades and stuff like that."  "Zozobra? What exactly is that?" 

"Zozobra is a very large puppet that is made every September; actually, the event is coming up soon, and in front of thousands of people is burned. They say that they are able to burn away their troubles and problems. I dislike it however; to me it’s just a reason to party and get drunk." Contessa rolled her eyes.

"Is the statue from the story still around?"

"Oh yes, she is the original statue in our church the cathedral, I'll have to show her to you. She has a crown that has wonderful jewels in it, including a three carat diamond and she has Spanish lace and she's just beautiful."

Nick nodded impressed with what she had told him. He smiled at her as their food came. Contessa lifted her fork and she and Nick settled down to dinner as she explained more history of her culture

End Notes:
does any one read this?
Chapter 4 by Anita
Chapter 4: Zozobra


"So Nick, are you ready for Zozobra?" Contessa asked as she met him downtown a few days later.

Nick grinned feeling like a little kid.

"You bet I am!"

"Well, the burning isn't until dark, but let's go to the fire station and I'll show you what old man gloom looks like in daylight.

Nick grabbed his stuff and followed her out. They drove to Station One and Nick gasped seeing the large puppet hanging up.

"Well there you have it Nick, old man gloom."

Nick breathed out amazed. When she said a puppet, he had no idea this was what it would be like. Contessa grinned watching him.

"Have you ever seen anything like it?" She asked.

Nick shook his head.

"Heck no, this is crazy girl!"

Contessa laughed.

"After 9/11 we called him Osama Bin Zozo."

Nick burst out laughing.

"Yeah I would have liked to have been here for that."

Contessa smirked.

"Come on Nick, I still have to get ready for tonight."

"But it's early.....can't we have lunch before you head off?"

Contessa pushed her lips together.

"Well... I suppose that is okay."

"So, what would the little lady like to eat today?"

Contessa glared at him.

"Are you taking a stab at my height and making fun of me?" she confronted with her arms crossed.

Nick's eyes widened in horror as he put a hand over his heart, mockingly.

"Never! You might have someone chop my head off!"

Contessa rolled her eyes.

"I'm the Spanish queen, not the queen of hearts."

Nick smirked.

"You're the queen of my heart." he told her sweetly batting his eyes.

She smacked the back of his head as she walked to her car.

"Owe! Hey wait for me!" Nick ran to catch up to her.

"So, how would you like to have some of the best pizza here in Santa Fe?"

Nick's eyes lit up.

"Yay, pizza!"

Contessa put on her CD and Nick nearly choked as she sang along to the song.

"You spend your nights alone, and he never comes home, and every time you call all you get’s a busy tone. I heard you found out, that he’s doing to you, what you did to me, ain't that the way it goes? You cheated girl my heart bleeded girl, so it goes without saying that you left me feeling hurt. Just a classic case, just a senerio, tale as old as time girl you got what you deserve. And now you want somebody to cure the lonely night you wish you had somebody that could come and make it right. But girl I ain't somebody, im out of sympathy..."

Nick wouldn't take it any longer he reached over shutting it off quickly. Contessa gave him a weird look.

"You're a JT fan?" Nick breathed out shocked.

"Not a fan exactly but I do like some of his music...."

"Is there anything else I should know?" Nick asked eyeing her.

"Um... I'm a Paris Hilton fan?"

Nick choked. "And you call yourself a fan of me?"

"Well yeah."

Nick was silent for a moment. He was confused a bit but he liked her honesty.

"I guess that's ok." He said after a moment.

Contessa shrugged. "And if you weren't ok oh well. I don't change myself for anybody."

Nick smiled. "You are too cool."

Contessa smirked at him and pulled into a small parking lot.

"Come on."

Nick got out and followed her reading the sign; Il Vicino. Contessa opened the door and walked in.

"Hey Juan!" She called out waving to one of the guys.

"Contessa what's up?"

"Eh, not too much, just brought my friend Nick over to try some of the best pizza ever!"

"Come on, I have a table for you."

Contessa led Nick to a table off to the side.

"Great service, I'm impressed Queeny."

Contessa rolled her eyes.

"He's one of my bank clients and I have been friends with him since before I was Queen."

She smiled as Juan came back with two menus.
"Enjoy you're meal."

"He's the manager." Contessa explained as Juan walked away.

Nick's eyes scanned the menu. All of the food sounded really good.

"What are you getting?"

"My usual combo; it's a small pizza with a salad and a drink."

"Sounds good to me." Nick said.

They placed their order and talked quietly as they waited for their food. Nick smiled to himself finding out that, for a fan, Contessa was different and this made him curious. Only time would tell what could happen for the two of them.
Chapter 5 by Anita
Chapter 5: The Burning


Contessa and Nick finished their pizza as she checked the time.

"Hey, I have to get going Nick, but I'll pick you up at your hotel around 7 pm. Is that okay?"

Nick nodded standing up. "This should be fun. Do I have to dress anyway special?"

"Nah, it's nothing fancy, just casual or whatever you usually wear is fine.

They walked to her car and Contessa drove him back.

"See ya later!" Nick said smiling as he got out of the car. Contessa waved and went to do some of her royalty duties.

"So Nick, how's it going?" Howie asked as the two of them met just outside Nick’s hotel room.

"It's going well. I think I really have made a great friend." Nick smiled.

"That's great; you do seem as if you are having a great time."

Nick smiled and let Howie into his room. They took a seat in the living area of the room.

"So, wanna catch a movie or something tonight?" Howie asked.

"Contessa and I have plans; she's gonna take me to see Zozobra. You should come, it's gonna be really fun."

"Aw Nick, that's ok. I don't want to get in the way of your date."

"No really, Howie. She's going to be there with her court and it's a great chance for you to meet her. And maybe we can find you your own babe." Nick smirked.

Howie laughed, "Who says that I want a babe?"

"Howie, you are the Latin Lover! This is your chance to get your self some Spanish loving!" Nick said, laughing.

"Eh, ok fine. I'll go with you." Howie said winking.

Nick smiled happily.

"Great, I'm going to take a shower, you go get ready too."

Howie watched Nick walk away to the bathroom. He was glad Nick was getting over the depression he had been in. Finding this young woman, Contessa, might actually be good for him.

Howie was just putting on some after shave in his room a few minutes later when Nick knocked.

"You ready bro?"

Howie grabbed his wallet and tucked it into the back of his jeans.

"Yeah, let's go."

The two men went and found Contessa downstairs waiting. She was in black cow boy boots, blue jeans and a purple blouse and wore her crown and jewelry.

"Hey Tessa, this is Howie; he’s one of my band mates." Nick said pointing at Howie.

"Tessa? Why are you calling me Tessa? And duh, I know Howie! I am a fan of your band Nick!"

"Oh yeah. And I'm calling you Tessa because it's cute. Just like you." Nick said smiling.

Contessa rolled her eyes but smiled a bit. She wouldn't let Nick know about her teenybopper crush on him that she had had for years. All she could do was hope that Nick would develop feelings for her as well.

Contessa pulled up to the park, which was already extremely crowded with people.

"Wow." Nick said looking around.

Contessa smiled and led Nick and Howie towards the side stage area.

"Hey everyone." She said waving to some of the girls that were already standing by the stage dressed like her, but with smaller crowns.

"Hi." Nick and Howie greeted them.

Nick noticed one of the princesses watching him. She had shoulder length mocha colored hair and honey colored eyes. Nick’s eyes went down and he smirked, seeing a rather large chest.

Noticing Nick watching her, the girl walked over. "Hello, I'm Raquel Hernandez."

Nick smiled. "Nick Carter."

"I know who you are, Nick Carter." She said in the sexiest Spanish accent as her honey eyes travel over him and she smirked slowly with her full, kissable lips.

"So Nick, you've met my best friend." Contessa's voice broke through his thoughts.

Nick jumped a bit and tore his gaze away from Raquel.

"Oh... yeah." Nick smiled.

Contessa smiled brightly. "I introduced Howie to my other friend Diana. They seem to be getting along great."

Nick glanced over. Howie seemed to be getting along fine talking to yet another pretty Spanish Princess.

"Well Howie is the Latin Lover. I'm not surprised." Nick laughed.

“The burning is going to start soon." Contessa said, looking up at the darkening sky.

Nick glanced over at the large puppet and shivered. It was a bit spooky. Seeing Nick shiver, Raquel put her arm around him.

"Don't worry mi amor, I'll protect you." Raquel purred.

As Nick smiled at her, neither noticed the sad look pass over Contessa's face.

Soon, darkness had fallen and Contessa and the others were in place. Nick stood watching as some little kids came out to dance.

"Who are they?" He whispered to Contessa.

"Those are the little glooms."

Nick watched the small kids dance; they were awfully brave to dance so close to a moaning and crying puppet. That was the scariest part, Nick thought. Zozobra's head was moving back and forth, waving its arms and letting out horrible moans and cries.

"That man there is the fire dancer." Contessa told him as a man in a red unitard came out dancing with flaming torches.

Nick nodded holding his breath in excitement. Fireworks began to go off as Zozobra's cries echoed through the night. His heart was racing as the man dipped and bent with the torches as if he were teasing the massive puppet.

People were cheering, egging on the burning.

"BURN THE MOTHER! BURN BURN!" A group of guys chanted.

Nick smirked and then the fire dancer lit Zozobra. The cries were horrifying as he began to burn. Nick suspected some horror movies were less scary.

He joined the cheering as the monster was destroyed. Contessa was laughing and cheering too. As it ended she turned to him.

"Zozobra terrifies me you know." She admitted sheepishly.

Nick looked at her face and burst out laughing.

"Come on, let's party." He said taking her hand and leading her to the car. It was time for another party downtown.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8520