The Rest Is Still Unwritten by rebellious_one
Summary: Not your typical fan fiction. What if your life was like a book, where one person was behind everything you do and was the reason for everything that happens in your life. What if they were in control, and it was up to them on how your life story went and how it ends. The rest is still unwritten in "The Backstreet Book".
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Supernatural, Suspense
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1970 Read: 2949 Published: 07/13/07 Updated: 07/20/07

1. Chapter 1 by rebellious_one

2. Chapter 2 by rebellious_one

3. Chapter 3 by rebellious_one

Chapter 1 by rebellious_one
Author's Notes:
Okay, let me explain a little about this story. This isn't your typical fanfiction. Has no romance or whatever, the girl in this story is not going to fall in love with one of the boys and live happily ever after. This female character is simply a fanfiction writer where she discovers that the stories she writes about the Backstreet Boys becomes more than fiction when she starts posting it on this one supposed fanfiction site. Just read to find out more. =)
He walked into his room, everything was still and quiet, unusually quiet. Immediately his hands shot out, blindly searching for the light switch. Once he found it, he flicked it on only to find that he had no electricity.

She stopped typing, placing her head in her hands. She pressed the “backspace” on her keyboard, holding it down and erasing everything she had typed. She minimized her Microsoft Word window on her laptop and double clicked on the Internet Explorer icon.

“Absolutechaos.net…” she said to herself as she typed it in the taskbar.

She hit “enter” and waited for the page to load. Once it loaded, she quickly made her way to her account information and to her dismay, noticed that no one had reviewed or even rated her stories. She has been writing fan fictions on the Backstreet Boys for five years and only discovered recently that she could post her stories for the world to see and read, but it seemed as if her stories were just not good enough.

“Five years of writing, and none of my stories are reviewed!” she said to herself in an exasperated tone, looking over her 35 stories yet again to see if she at least had one reviewer, but there was nothing. She went back to the homepage to look at the recently posted stories and noticed that one of her favorite authors, Mare, had posted a new chapter to one of her many stories.

She clicked on Mare’s name and viewed all her posted stories, admiring how she had hundreds of reviews on her stories. She began to shake her head, “how does she do it?”, she wondered to herself. She went back to her account page, and seen something that made her heart stop.

“One review?” she said to herself, rubbing her eyes to make sure that she wasn’t seeing things. She had one review to her first story she posted on Absolutechaos.net and whoever reviewed it had rated her story five stars. She quickly clicked on the review and waited anxiously for the page to load.

“What a great story,” she began to read to herself. “To tell you the truth, ALL your stories on this site are great, it’s a shame that no one has yet to review or rate it, well, I’m glad to be the first! =)” she began to smile at the comment. “I have a great fan fiction site that I would LOVE for you to host your stories, it’s www.backstreetbook.com. It’s similar to Absolutechaos.net, but at my site I can GUARANTEE that you will receive reviews almost everyday! Talent such as yours shouldn’t go unnoticed, I hope you take what I say into consideration and make the move over to my site. Toodles!” her eyes searched for a name, but the name was left anonymous.

She shook that from her mind and typed in www.backstreetbook.com in her taskbar, amazed at how quick it was to load. The page displayed a group picture of the Backstreet Boys, with Backstreet Book displayed prominently above them. On the bottom of the picture it said “click to enter”, while off on the side it said, “welcome to a place where fiction is as real as it gets.” Way at the bottom of the page it said, “The Rest Is Still Unwritten…”

Hesitantly, she clicked on the picture which quickly brought her to the home page. She noticed that there hundreds upon hundreds of stories posted here, but all the authors remained anonymous. She then noticed that an account had already been setup on this site, “Welcome Melissa” stood out boldly at the top of the page. She began to smile, wondering if all the great authors at Absolutechaos.net knew about this site. Without wasting another minute, she went back to her Microsoft Window and began typing a new story, where Nick was the main character.

He walked into his room, everything was still and quiet, unusually quiet. Immediately his hands shot out, blindly searching for the light switch. Once he found it, he flicked it on only to find that he had no electricity…
Chapter 2 by rebellious_one
He walked into his room, everything was still and quiet, unusually quiet. Immediately his hands shot out, blindly searching for the light switch. Once he found it, he flicked it on only to find that he had no electricity.

“Hey, you guys!” Nick called out. “Is your guys electricity out?”

“No.” came various mumbled replies.

Sighing heavily, he tried again, flicking his switch up and down, but coming out with the same result, nothing. Just as he turned to walk out of his room, the door slammed shut right in front of him, locking him in his dark room.

“Real funny guys.” he grumbled, reaching for the knob to pull the door open, but he found himself locked in his own room. “Okay, this isn’t funny anymore, let go of the door.” he said once again, but heard no one on the other side, not even a snicker.

He began pounding on the door, growing angry at the fact that they would do this to him, knowing that he didn’t like the dark. “Open the goddamn door!” he shouted, suddenly becoming nervous.

“What in the hell is with the pounding Nick?”

Nick’s heart skipped a beat when he finally heard AJ’s voice on the other side. “I swear to god AJ, once I get out of this room I’m gonna beat the living shit outta you!!”

“I came here to see why the hell you’re pounding on your own goddamn door from inside the room, and you’re gonna beat the living shit outta me?” AJ snapped back, puzzled as to why Nick said that. “What the hell ever dude, keep pounding on your damn door for all I care!”

“Look, if you let go of the door and let me out, I promise I won’t hurt you.” Nick whispered in a calm and soothing tone through the closed door.

AJ’s face contorted in confusion. “Dude, I’m not holding the fucking door.”

Nick fell silent for a while, wondering if what he said was actually true. He finally looked through the peephole and seen AJ just standing there, staring at the closed door.

“Get me the fuck outta here!” he screamed as he started ramming himself into the door.

AJ jumped back a little when he noticed the closed door beginning to shake. “Look, calm down Nick, stop… doing that.”

But Nick continued to ram himself into the door. AJ looked around, noticing that none of their bodyguards were anywhere to be found. “Nick, back away from the door.” but Nick kept banging the door. “Nick!” he shouted once again. “Look, I need you to stop doing that and back away from the door.”

Finally, Nick did as he was told and had backed away from the door. AJ began kicking the door, but nothing seemed to work. AJ grabbed the doorknob and began pushing his body into the door while Nick grabbed the knob on his side and began pulling on it. All of a sudden, the door gave way and flung open, causing Nick fly backwards and AJ fell forward.

Without wasting another second, Nick scrambled up from the ground and ran out of his room, leaving AJ sitting partially inside his dark room.

For the first time, both Howie and Brian emerged from their rooms. “What’s going on?” Brian asked, looking at both Nick and AJ.

“We’re leaving.” Nick replied, practically near tears. “I’m not staying in this fucking hotel.”
Chapter 3 by rebellious_one
“Melissa… Melissa!!”

Melissa snapped out of her trance, glancing up from her laptop to find her best friend, Brenda, standing before her.

“I swear, it’s like you’re living in another world when your on your laptop.” Brenda chuckled as she sat in the seat that was situated across from Melissa. “So, you wanna tell me why you chose to meet here at Starbucks?”

“Everyone comes to Starbucks to use their computer right?”

“Correction, everyone comes here to drink coffee, people just found it enjoyable to surf the web here. Now, why are we here?”

Melissa looked up from her laptop again and smiled. “Because I want to share a new story with you.”

Brenda groaned, “Girl, not again. Look, don’t take this offensive or anything because I don’t have anything against your writing, but I seriously think you should start a new hobby.”

“But that’s just it Brenda, I got a review!”

“Just one? Sweetie, compare that to the other authors that have more than twenty reviews.”

“It was weird though because they said that they enjoyed all of my stories and they appreciate my talent. They actually have their own fan fiction site that they recommended me to, said that they’d be thrilled to have me post my work there. Anyway, the site is called backstreetbook.com and they guaranteed that I’d be receiving reviews almost everyday.”

Brenda slowly nodded her head, “Okay… and you don’t know who this person is?”

“No,” Melissa replied, shaking her head. “It was anonymous but I posted a fresh, new story on that site. Okay, so my main character in that story is Nick and it’s about them going to a hotel only to discover that it’s haunted.”

Brenda remained silent, just staring at her. “That’s it? Hun, I don’t mean to put you down or anything, but do you know how much stories were written about the Backstreet Boys being in a haunted mansion or being haunted by some ghosts or something? Can’t you come up with something more original?”

“Wait, here’s the kicker, they start moving from hotel to hotel, noticing that this… evil entity is following them everywhere, and they begin to wonder if what’s following them is really a restless spirit or if it’s actually a person stalking them.”

“Do you know how much stories I read that was like that?”

Melissa sighed heavily, “What’s up with you? Why are you always telling me something negative? I come to you, happy to tell you that I had received a review on one of my stories on Absolutechaos and you’re just blowing off everything I tell you.”

Brenda relieved a sigh as well, “Sweetie, I’m sorry it’s just… don’t you rather want to be a reader than a writer?”

“What are you saying?” Melissa snapped back. “Are you saying that the stuff I write isn’t good enough?”

“No, that’s not what I’m trying to say… you have a wonderful talent, but I…”

Melissa cut her off with the flick of her hand. “Whatever, I’ll show you…” she said as she typed in backstreetbook.com, which quickly brought her to the homepage. She clicked on “recent stories” and seen that her story had 59 reviews. Melissa simply glanced back at Brenda and smiled.

Brenda nodded, “Impressive… when did you post this story?”

“Last night.”

A puzzled look crossed Brenda’s face. “Last night? And you already have 59 reviews?”

“Well, that person did guarantee me a lot of reviews almost everyday.” she clicked on her review section and noticed that all the reviewers were anonymous.

“Okay, what’s with the whole anonymous thing?”

Melissa shrugged, “I don’t know, and I really don’t care. Gosh, there’s just so much stories I want to post, and I can’t imagine how much people are gonna read and review it!!”

Brenda’s eyes darted from Melissa to the computer, something was very odd about the situation but she just couldn’t place a finger on it.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8541