Too Close by mwa_xoxo
Summary: Alyssa has always lived in her brothers shadow, but all that changes when he introduces her into the music industry, follow her journey as she faces challenges that will change her whole life.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Nick
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Domestic Violence, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1204 Read: 602 Published: 10/03/07 Updated: 10/03/07

1. Chapter 1 by mwa_xoxo

Chapter 1 by mwa_xoxo
Author's Notes:
I know it takes a little to get into but stick with it and just enjoy the ride!

Alyssa put the phone down and walked down the stairs wiping the tears away from her eyes hoping he wouldn’t notice she had been crying.

She knew he was going to try and apoligise and she should listen but at the moment it took all her strength just to be in the same room as him, so she hung her head and made a direct line for the door

 

“Liss….” Brad got up and reached for her hand but Alyssa pulled away

 

“Brad… just leave it”

 

As Alyssa walked down the drive to her car the tears started, she knew she had to hold it together just long enough to get to matt and then she could fall apart.

She pulled out her phone dialing Matts number

 

“Matt its me… are you home? Ok well call me back when you get this bye”

 

Alyssa threw the phone on the passenger seat as she pulled up to a red light frustrated at her twin brother, she turned the stereo on and flicked the channels stopping on matchbox 20’s  ‘disease’. Just as the light turned green her phone rang, she glanced down at the screen seeing Matts name she flipped it open

 

“ hi….”

 

“hey liss sorry I missed your call…”

 

Alyssa was about to reply when she felt the warm tears rolling down her cheeks, she took a deep breath hoping it would allow her to talk but with no such luck she stayed silent.

 

“Liss? Baby what’s wrong. Where are you?”

 

“see you in 5” Alyssa managed to get in between sobs, wiping the tears off her face she turned the corner  traveling the  familiar route to the house that her and her brother had once shared. Looking at the house triggered memories of how happy she had been living here, all the fun things they had done together long days spent at the beach and parties that ran into the night….

 Knock… knock…knock  

“Aly?….. ALYSSA……Are you getting out of the car?”

 

Matts voice broke her train of thought and snapped her back into the reality of why she was here; reaching for her phone and hand bag she took a deep breath trying to compose herself.

 

“Yeah, I’m coming” Alyssa sighed, getting out of the car she felt her stomach sink with guilt. She knew that dating her brothers best friend was going to get messy; trying to avoid making eye contact with her brother she quickly walked  up to the house up to the  house letting herself in.

Knowing the house intimately Alyssa didn’t need permission to roam, and that’s exactly what she did.

 

“I know something is wrong Liss will you just tell me what it is” Matt’s voice was strong he meant what he was saying, he had an idea that it had to do with Brad but didn’t want to go making assumptions straight away. Moving towards his sister Matts voice softened

“You know you can talk to me right? Anything… I wont judge you”

 

“I know but things have changed now”

 

“why because he’s my mate” Matt’s frustrated tone startled Alyssa, she wasn’t expecting it.

“don’t start with me Matt I didn’t even say it was about him”  slumped in her chair she put her head in her hands wanting to cry. Why did this have to be so complicated, why did she have to get sucked in by Brad and what would matt do if he found out what he was really like?

 

“well what else can it be Alyssa? If it was anything else you would have told me alrealy”

 

Slamming her hands down on the table Alyssa got up and grabbed her stuff of the counter, she couldn’t stay here anymore

 

“look Matt I just cant do this alright I came here just to be with you… but you just cant help but push me, maybe there are things I just don’t want to talk to you about. Can you understand that?” Holding back tears Alyssa didn’t wait for Matt to answer before walking out the door and getting on her car.

 

Matt just stood there stunned at his sister and they way she was acting. Why is she doing this? This was the first time in their lives that he couldn’t help her deal, this is the first time she didn’t want him to help. Wanting to find out what was really going on with Alyssa he decided to give Brad a call maybe he would be able to help find out what was going on with her at the moment.

 

“Matt…. Uhh… How you going man?”

  

“sorry did I wake you?”

 

“yeah that’s cool though… what can I help you with dude?”

 

Matt checked his watch 1:28pm  “just wondered if Aly was home yet”

 

“ um…. Nah…nah man she’s not here”

 

“ok thank, I’ll catch you later k”

 

“ yeah bye”

 

Alyssa and Brad had been together almost a year and Matt new things weren’t right; She acted differently now not the same Alyssa he was used to. He had always thought that her dating a friend of his was going to be weird but he hadn’t expected this. Matt had to just let it go their wasn’t anything he could do but wait till Alyssa calmed down, he wasn’t planning on going anywhere today anyway; he needed his rest for the gig tonight.

 

Matt was lying out by the pool when he got a text msg from Haylee flipping the phone open he read it

 Me nd Aly Are coming swimmingxoxo 

“god….” He groaned

 

what was up with that girl, first she storms out of here now she is coming over with a friend to ‘hang out’ he dragged himself of the sun bed and opened the door knowing they meant real soon; A smile crossed his face as the car pulled in the driveway.

 

Haylee got out of the car  and with a seductive smile on her face she looked Matt up and down

 “Hi…”  

“Hi. Haylee” Matt greeted her with an internal groan, it’s not that he didn’t like Haylee she was just one of those friend he thought Alyssa could do with out. He waited until she went inside to catch Alyssa’s attention and talk to her.

 

“Aly what’s going on? When you left here earlier you were mad ant me now you want to come and hang out… are you sure you are ok?” Matt out his arms on her shoulders so she had to look at him

 

“Yeah Matt….. I’m fine, just want to go swimming that’s all” she planted a kiss on his cheek and ducked under his arm to get away from him.

 

“you guys coming to the gig tonight?” thinking it might be good for Alyssa to get out a little

 

“YEAH!!!” Haylee yelled hugging Matt from behind pushing her wet body against his dry one.

 

“come on if I wanted to get wet don’t you think I would have gone swimming” Matts tone becoming irritated

 

“Sorry” Haylee said in a sing-song voice as she skipped away towards the pool

 

“well I’m leaving in an hour, just letting you know” Matt walked back in the house shacking his head at them, if he didn’t know his sister so well he would think they were taking something; but Alyssa was pretty straight she would never do anything like that. At least not with out telling him about it would she?

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8632