Left and Leaving // Challenge Entry by Sakabelle
Summary: Nick and his girlfriend argue over his impending move to LA
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1159 Read: 799 Published: 02/01/08 Updated: 02/01/08
Story Notes:
Written for the February challenge in the AC forums.

**This is just the short snippet that I wrote for the challenge, but because everyone showed such interest I decided to turn it into a full length story! :) I'll leave this here so the link on the forums and stuff still works.

1. Left and Leaving by Sakabelle

Left and Leaving by Sakabelle
“How could you do something like this without even consulting me first?” Camille yelled at Nick, as she burst into the bedroom.

“I didn’t know it would bother you so much, you know what my career demands!” Nick shot back, staring at her feeling both angry and confused.

She sighed, running her hands through her hair and finally letting them rest on her face. “Christ sakes, Nick.” Was all she could muster, too angry and hurt to conjure up any more meaningful words.

Nick stood silent for a moment. It was true, he hadn’t talked to her about it – much. She should have expected it, he figured. She should understand, she should be supportive.

“You didn’t even talk to me!” She exclaimed suddenly, her anger flaring up again.

“I didn’t think I needed to!” He defended himself, still unsure as to why she was angry. “I’ve been talking about this for a year!”

She sighed, walking over to the dresser. Placing her hands on the edge she stared at her feet. She knew she was being selfish, she knew she was being unfair and she knew all the stipulations that had come with the relationship when she’d first started dating him. Still, she thought he might change his mind. “But Nick…” She pleaded.

Exasperated, he fell down onto the bed. He didn’t know what else he could say. “You’re always angry at me anyway.” He mumbled, plunking his face into the pillow.

She looked up at him, sadness coming over her face. “I’m not always angry, Nick. You just do these things, all the time. You’re acting like a fucking groundhog.”

Nick rolled onto his back, and gave her a look of confusion. Her metaphors had always puzzled him. She never had been able to come out and just say what she was thinking, instead she felt the need to play word games with him. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“You’re always burying yourself!” She yelled back at him, annoyed that he never seemed to understand what she was talking about. “You hide out, and if you end up seeing a shred of yourself we fall back down and I get another six weeks of your hibernation where you don’t talk to me!”

“That doesn’t make any sense!” Nick shouted. “This is my job! I have to move, I have to leave.”

“You didn’t even let me know.” She replied, hanging her head. “You just said it in passing. ‘Oh, by the way I’m selling the house and moving to LA.’ What the hell, Nick?” She accused, knowing full well that she was talking in circles, but too upset to care.

Nick rolled his eyes. Somehow, she always managed to blow things out of proportion. “It wasn’t in passing, you knew we were going to record a new album. You knew that it was just a break after Black and Blue.” He stated, and she just shook her head. Nick continued. “Anyway, don’t talk about me burying myself when you haven’t so much as kissed me in the last week. That’s burying.”

She glared at him, irritated that he had the audacity to bring up their sex life. “I’ve been busy with school, Nick! I’m tired! Give me a fucking break!” Taking a deep breath, trying to calm herself down she sat on the bed next to Nick. “I just don’t us to be separated. What’s going to happen to me, where am I going to live? Why didn’t you consider my well being in all of this?”

Nick sat up and looked at her, trying to read her expression. “I’m sorry.” He apologized, sincerely feeling bad. She did have a point, he hadn’t thought about where she was going to go once he left. “I need to move to LA to record.” He said, trying to rationalize his actions.

“I know, Nick. But why didn’t you tell me you were selling the house? Why do you even need to sell the house?” She asked, starting to cry again. They were getting no where, and solving nothing.

“There’s no need for the house, Cam!” He shouted, causing her to jump. He was going to spend a year in LA recording with the rest of the Backstreet Boys. There was no point in having the house in Florida any longer. “I’m going to move to LA, it just makes more sense!”

She shook her head in disbelief, not understand why he didn’t seem to care about her in all of this. “I thought we in a relationship, Nick.” She said softly. “Does that mean anything to you?”

He put his head in his hands, wanting to scream. “Of course.”

“Then why? Why do you treat me like I’m just some girl that will follow you in all your whims?”

Nick couldn’t answer. It was true, throughout their relationship any major decisions had been his, he’d always been the dominating force. “I don’t mean to, it just happens that way.”

She sighed yet again. “How do you expect me to be with someone – share my life with someone – who does this to me? How can I trust that you won’t do this to me again?” She asked, tears now streaming down her face.

“I’m not doing this on purpose!” He defended himself. “Why can’t you understand that?” He said, frustrated.

“I didn’t say that you were!” She exclaimed. “I’m just asking that you consider me in any major events that are taking place in your life, in our lives.” She said, looking at him. He wasn’t looking at her, instead he chose to stare at the patterned bed spread. “We’re supposed to be together, supposed to be partners in life. Why should I be happy about this, be supportive of this when you aren’t supportive of me?”

Nick continued to trace his finger over the bedspread, unsure what, if anything, he could say to get her to forgive him. “We’re not married, Cam.”

She scoffed. “Of course not. Because you said you’d never marry me. Because you’re too fucking scared of commitment. Then what is this Nick?” She asked, waving her arms around, as if to reference the room, the house, their life together. “Why am I even here if there’s no future?”

He fell back down onto his back. “It’s been a year Cam! I’m twenty three years old! Give me some credit, let me live my life first.” He shouted, clapping his hands back over his face yet again.

Camille glared at him and stood up. “Fine. Live your life without me, then.” She spat, storming out of the bedroom with the same fury that she had stormed in with.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8831