The Meaning of Friendship by Babyg
Summary:

Jesse McCartney and Aaron Carter have been best friends all their lives. Through thick and thin, they always have each other backs. What happens when the one thing that matters the most to you, is gone forever? The one thing that you will never understand..........is losing a friend.


Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 13522 Read: 16150 Published: 02/24/08 Updated: 06/28/09
Chapter 3 by Babyg
Author's Notes:
sorry these chapters are so short. But don't worry they'll get longer as the story goes on.

Chapter Three

 

Choking back dry tears I stumbled up to Aaron's door around 2 in the morning. I reached up near the top of the porch light and grabbed the extra key. I inserted it into the key whole and walked into the house. The light in the living room came on and Aaron walked out into the hall. I stood there, numb. I didn't move or speak. Fresh tears rolled down my face. My knees buckled from underneath me. Aaron caught me in his arms before I fell. Brand new sobs escaped my lips.

" It's okay, man." Aaron comfortingly said. I gripped his shirt tightly and buried my head into his shoulder.

" No, it's not okay....." Aaron pulled me away. I refused to look at him. I didn't want him to see how bad I looked.

" Talk to me. What happened?" I had no choice. I looked up at him. I struggled to catch my breath. When I finally did, I whipped the tears away.

" You know when I wanted to ask Katie to marry me?"

Aaron nodded, silently. Then suddenly his eyes widened.

" She didn't say no, did she?"

I shook my head, " No, it's worse than that. I was gonna ask her but she told me she had something to say to me too. So I told her to go first...." I trailed off and took another deep breath, " Aaron, she broke up with me." Saying that I busted into tears. I fell back into his arms and cried.

" Oh my---Jesse I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine her even doing that. What was her reason?"

" Her career."

" So obviously she's putting her career in front of you, right?"

" Yeah...." I whispered.

" Then she wasn't worth it." I pulled away from him.

" How can you say that? I loved her. You knew I did."

" Look, I'm sorry. That came out all wrong. Jess I'm not very good at these sort of things. But honestly I think if a girl or anyone, puts their main priorities before you, then you don't need to be in the relationship. When you needed her Jess, was she there?"

" Sometimes. But she never really talked to me about anything."

" You see what I mean.......It's her lose, Jess. If she can't see what an amazing person you are, then I don't know. It seems it's her career is more important. You always put her first right?"

I nodded, " Yeah. Always. I gave her everything."

" Yeah. And the only thing she gave you in return was her SIDE love. Come on." I stood up and followed Aaron to one of the bed rooms.

" You can sleep in here tonight, until I can get a real bedroom for you. You need some sleep man. I'll see you in the morning." He turned off the lights and left. I snuggled under the covers as deep as I could. It wasn't until 5 o clock until I finally went to sleep.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8865