The Meaning of Friendship by Babyg
Summary:

Jesse McCartney and Aaron Carter have been best friends all their lives. Through thick and thin, they always have each other backs. What happens when the one thing that matters the most to you, is gone forever? The one thing that you will never understand..........is losing a friend.


Categories: Fanfiction > Music > Aaron Carter Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Humor
Warnings: Death, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 13522 Read: 16017 Published: 02/24/08 Updated: 06/28/09

1. Prologue by Babyg

2. Chapter 1 by Babyg

3. Chapter 2 by Babyg

4. Chapter 3 by Babyg

5. Chapter 4 by Babyg

6. Chapter 5 by Babyg

7. Chapter 6 by Babyg

8. Chapter 7 by Babyg

9. Chapter 8 by Babyg

10. Chapter 9 by Babyg

11. Chapter 10 by Babyg

Prologue by Babyg

 

Jesse's POV

Have you ever wondered what life would be like if you didn't have any friends? The boring nights sitting at home thinking you could be anywhere else but here, having a good time, having no one to talk to you, or leaning on a shoulder to cry on. Did you know there are actually people out there who DON'T have any friends? People shut them out for what they wear, what they do, or what they say. They never take only 5 minutes to even talk to them. It's sad. They are so lonely and so heartbroken, because they don't have any friends, they end up doing crazy things. Ending up getting in trouble. They give up to soon, which shouldn't be done. Wishes will soon be granted and you never know, a special friend might fall right into your lap. Have you ever heard that saying that goes, ' If you stop looking for love, you'll find it? Or it will find you? ' That's the same way with friendships. You stop looking, then all of a sudden it finds you. But you're so distant and bitter, you turn them away and leave the other sadden by your actions, with you not knowing you hurt them, just like you were. That's the problem with today's young folk. You're too blind to see it.

I never had to experience this. And I hope I never do and I'm grateful I haven't. It saddens me that people can go through that. I honestly think you can't get through life without friends. Who will be there to catch you when you fall? Honestly, you'll be like a sitting duck with out them.

Now...this all leads to my friendship with a very very close friend. My best friend. My brother. Aaron Carter. We have been friends, since as long as I can remember. We became best friends years before we both became famous. Which is really special. We share this special bond that know one knows about. The bond only a best friend could have. We have been through thick and thin and we always come out alright. Even when he was going through all the drama with his family. Even though I never knew what he was going through, I was there. Every time he turned around, hoping I'll be there, I was. I was the one who catched him when he fell. Every single time. I can't even imagine myself not lending a helping hand. I'm not the kind of person, who will just walk on by, ignore his outstretched hand and pleases, telling me to help him. I would be there, grasping that hand and never letting go.

Never take a your friends for granted....because you never know when you are going to lose them. When that day comes, don't fret. Cherish the moments you've had with that person. Smile and laugh at every memory. Cry when you have to, but don't despair. This is life, you only live once, which means you will be united again.

On a warm summer night, my best friend was taken from me. A car going 100 miles an hour can ruin everything. You're life, you're future....everything. Once it crashes head on into the other car, everything stops and all you want is a remote where you can rewind or fast ward so you would skip the dreadful feeling when you get when something bad happens to someone you love.

And that's how Aaron died. He never knew he made a difference in my life. But I did. Even though he's gone, our friendship would live on and on. Aaron was my brother....my best friend....and this is our story.

Chapter 1 by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Here's chapter 2! I hope everyone is enjoying this so far!! Let me know what you think of it!

*2 months earlier*

Driving down the California coast, wind whipping through my hair, everything seemed perfect. The night was perfect, the stars were perfect, hell my whole life is perfect. I smiled to myself, feeling the warm fuzzy feeling when I think about the girl I love the most in my life. Katie. Yup, my girlfriend of 2 years. I don't know how to explain it. She just makes me feel so alive. She makes me want to work harder at what I do. What we have is definitely the definition of true love. Something I'll never let go of and something I'm going to cherish for the rest of my life. Just like my friendship with Aaron. It's sacred. I gently placed my hand into my pant pocket and fingered the velvety texture of a small box. I knew I had to do this. It is time.

********

I slowly pulled my white Mercedes Benz up into my driveway. ' Yes, she's still home. Here's my chance.' I turned off the ignition, grabbed my jacket and made my way to the door. I took a deep breath, before I entered.

" Katie?" I called out once I entered. The house was silent. I entered the living room, where Scooby Doo the Movie was softly playing. Katie wasn't in there. I frowned and made my way toward the den where she usually is. And I was right. She was in there.

" Hey, baby." I greeted her. I must have scared her a bit, cause she gasped and jumped. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace. The smell of her body, made me go weak at the knees. My heart started to pound harder and harder as the moment came near.

" I'm glad you're here." I smiled at the sound of her voice. I grabbed the sides of her arms gently and gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

" Yeah? Well, I'm glad you're here." I whispered. She smiled and sat down on the couch, gently pulling me down with her.

" I need to tell you something, Katie." I told her. She looked at me. I smiled at the way her hair flung around and land perfectly back in place.

" Really? I need to tell you something too."

" Well, you go first!" I laughed, pulling my body closer to hers. I frowned a little when I saw her tense up. Uh Oh, maybe I should go first. No! Just hear her out, it may not be that bad. I swallowed hard and waited for her to answer. She licked her lips nervously.

" Jesse, you know I love you very much. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. For a while I thought I didn't deserve someone so pure and beautiful as you are. But---"

Uh oh. There's a but involved.

" With my career suddenly switching gears on me and I find myself spending more time away from you. It's just getting too hard......." She trailed off and looked down at the ground. My hands began to shake. I licked my dry lips and sucked in a sharp breath.

" What are you trying to say, baby?" She finally looked up, tears threatening to spill over. Tears started to swell up in my eyes as well. This can not end good. I took a deep breath trying to keep it together.

" I'm so sorry........I don't think this--I mean us, being together is going to work out. It's getting to hard Jess. I can't live like this anymore. My job is taking me to Europe for eight months. That's too long to be away from you. I love you and I'm so so sorry...."

And there it is. The bomb is dropped. d**n.

" Katie, I don't understand...." I stammered. I knew where this is going. She was breaking up with me. Something I didn't totally expect. And something I never even dreamed of happening in the first place.

" Jesse please...I need this. I just need my space. I'm sorry." She cried, grabbed my face and giving me a long tender kiss. My heart completely stopped at that moment. This was my last kiss. Please someone wake me up from this nightmare. This not happening. Not to me. Please not this night.

She pulled away, slightly, softly tracing my bottom lip with the tip of her finger.

" Please Jess. Please understand."

" Katie, it might take me a while to understand this but----if that's the way you feel, then I'll be there and support it. Whatever makes you happy. You never know, this might turn out to be a good thing." I said, forcing a huge lump back down my throat. I clenched my teeth together, to prevent from crying out. She nodded and kissed my forehead.

" I better go." I could only nod. She stood up and grabbed her coat and purse. My heart burned and ached. When I heard that door close, I collapsed to the floor. I struggled to keep my breath. How could this turn out to be a good thing? Why did I say that? I must be nuts. I pulled out the small blue velvety box. With the tip of my thumb I flipped the lid up and gazed down at the perfectly cut diamond ring, untouched by a welcoming finger. Getting down on a bended knee isn't happening tonight. Not ever. I slowly sucked in a deep shaky breath. I suddenly started to feel weak. The ring slipped out of my fingers and so silently landing on the floor beside me. Everything started to spin and become just one big blur.

I wept till the end. But....when will the end be the end? I would never know.

Chapter 2 by Babyg

 

Ring ring ring!!!

Aaron's POV

" Romance entrance three. How may I help you?" I laughed, playfully nudging my girlfriend, Rose off of my back. She giggled and lightly planted small kisses on my neck.

" Aaron?" I frowned. The voice on the other line was shallow and I could barely make it out. I rested the phone between my ear and my shoulder blade, while I looked at the caller ID. It was Jesse's cell.

" Jesse? Is that you?" I heard him suck in a breath. I could tell he was trying to breath.

" Yeah......" He whispered. I bit my lip, worried.

" Are you okay?" I asked nervously. Something was wrong. I gently grabbed Rose's arm and pulled her away, " Come on Jess, talk to me, man."

" Aaron, can I please stay at your place.....I don't have no where to go." He sobbed quietly on the other end. I took a deep breath and stood up.

" What happened?"

" Please man.....I don't want to talk to you right now. Please...please can I stay?"

" Yeah. Sure man. Whatever you want. Are you still in New York?"

" Yeah. But I'm at the airport right now. Please...I need you....." I chewed my bottom lip nervously.

" Jesse, you're welcome here anytime you want, you know that. And I'll wait up for you okay. Just get on the plane and make sure you get here safely. Bye." I swallowed hard, laying the phone back down. The phone shook in my hand as I placed it back in it's rightful spot.

" Aaron is he okay?" Rose asked me. I looked at her.

" No....he's not."

Chapter 3 by Babyg
Author's Notes:
sorry these chapters are so short. But don't worry they'll get longer as the story goes on.

Chapter Three

 

Choking back dry tears I stumbled up to Aaron's door around 2 in the morning. I reached up near the top of the porch light and grabbed the extra key. I inserted it into the key whole and walked into the house. The light in the living room came on and Aaron walked out into the hall. I stood there, numb. I didn't move or speak. Fresh tears rolled down my face. My knees buckled from underneath me. Aaron caught me in his arms before I fell. Brand new sobs escaped my lips.

" It's okay, man." Aaron comfortingly said. I gripped his shirt tightly and buried my head into his shoulder.

" No, it's not okay....." Aaron pulled me away. I refused to look at him. I didn't want him to see how bad I looked.

" Talk to me. What happened?" I had no choice. I looked up at him. I struggled to catch my breath. When I finally did, I whipped the tears away.

" You know when I wanted to ask Katie to marry me?"

Aaron nodded, silently. Then suddenly his eyes widened.

" She didn't say no, did she?"

I shook my head, " No, it's worse than that. I was gonna ask her but she told me she had something to say to me too. So I told her to go first...." I trailed off and took another deep breath, " Aaron, she broke up with me." Saying that I busted into tears. I fell back into his arms and cried.

" Oh my---Jesse I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine her even doing that. What was her reason?"

" Her career."

" So obviously she's putting her career in front of you, right?"

" Yeah...." I whispered.

" Then she wasn't worth it." I pulled away from him.

" How can you say that? I loved her. You knew I did."

" Look, I'm sorry. That came out all wrong. Jess I'm not very good at these sort of things. But honestly I think if a girl or anyone, puts their main priorities before you, then you don't need to be in the relationship. When you needed her Jess, was she there?"

" Sometimes. But she never really talked to me about anything."

" You see what I mean.......It's her lose, Jess. If she can't see what an amazing person you are, then I don't know. It seems it's her career is more important. You always put her first right?"

I nodded, " Yeah. Always. I gave her everything."

" Yeah. And the only thing she gave you in return was her SIDE love. Come on." I stood up and followed Aaron to one of the bed rooms.

" You can sleep in here tonight, until I can get a real bedroom for you. You need some sleep man. I'll see you in the morning." He turned off the lights and left. I snuggled under the covers as deep as I could. It wasn't until 5 o clock until I finally went to sleep.

Chapter 4 by Babyg
Author's Notes:
Chapter 4 is up, ya'll!!! Hope ya enjoy!

Aaron's POV

Resting my elbows on the counter, I stared endlessly at the coffee. The pot filled up nicely with hot tasty liquid. Well wait...it'll be tasty after I put some cream and sugar in it first.

" Hey, hot stuff!" A high pitched voice and a slap on my butt, pulled me out of my thoughts. I yelped and jumped back startled.

" Jesus, Lexi you scared me!" I pushed her playfully out of the way, grabbing the sports section of the paper and sitting down at the table.

" Your cute when you're scared." Lexi giggled, joining me. I bent the paper down just a little to glance at her.

" And you're just plain scary."

" I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that."

" Okay. Whoa wait a minute! What are you doing here anyway?" I asked, putting the paper down and facing her. Lexi narrowed her eyes and stood up.

" I live here, tiger." She laughed. Whoa. Hold it. Time out.

" Since when??"

She turned around and smirked at me, " Since today." She said batting her eyelashes at me. I rolled my eyes and got up. I snatched the calender off the wall and studied it with an annoyed expression.

" The fifteenth. How can I forget?" I sighed heavily and dropped the calender.

" Obviously you did."

" Obviously."

" Hey don't fret, tiger. Rose is moving in too you know."

I smirked, " Yeah, and that's the only good part about it."

Lexi gasped and hit me in the chest. I busted out laughing and fell backward.

" Bastard." I rubbed my chest and wrapped my arms around her neck, pulling her into a playful head lock.

" I'm just kidding, LexiLoo. You and Rose are my two favorite girls in the whole wide world. How can I say no to you guys?"

" You couldn't." A sweet voice came from behind. We whirled around and laughed when we saw Rose standing there in her Whinny the Pooh pajamas. Her hair was up in a messy bun but hoooolyyy cooow did she looked perty.

" Hey, boo boo." I bent down and kissed her softly on the lips.

" Hey yourself." She kissed my chest lightly and headed over to Lexi. Immediately Lexi whispered something in Rose's ear, getting her to laugh.

" Stop talking about me." I whined. Lexi squealed and pounced over to me. She jumped on my back and wrapped her arms around my neck tightly. I coughed, trying to breath.

" This is gonna be so great, Aar! We're gonna have loads of fun. We'll take you to the mall and include you in our little special girlie chats! You know all that fun stuff!" I coughed and tried to wiggle her off of me.

" Lexi, maybe you should lie to me. " I choked out, " I....can't.....breath..." I let out a loud gasp when she finally got off of me.

" Good morning." Jesse said, walking into the kitchen.

" Hey, McCartney! What is up?!"

" Coffee." He quickly said, pouring himself a cup of coffee. At that time I had finally regained my strength.

" Jesse, you don't drink coffee." I told him.

" I do now."

" Oh no! Rose it's 9:00. We need to go get ready!" I blinked a couple times and frowned.

" Get ready for what??"

" Uh...shopping DUH!!" Rose laughed, but didn't say anything. She just let Lexi drag her upstairs. I rolled my eyes yet again and finally poured my self a cup of coffee.

" Did you sleep?"

" I think so. But when I did, it felt like I was floating. My body was asleep, but my mind wasn't."

" Yeah, I know how that is. Are you okay?"

Jesse stared at me for a moment, before answering, " How can you ask me that question?"

I looked down, " I'm sorry. But Jesse just be honest with me. Are you gonna be okay?"

Jesse took a deep breath. Finally he smirked, " As long as LexiLoo and Rosey doesn't drag me to the mall, I'll be okay." We laughed and gave each other a friendly hug.

" Couldn't agree with you more!"

Chapter 5 by Babyg
Author's Notes:
Here's another chapter! Wow 2 chaps in one night man i'm good! This is a pretty long one and very funny! Well at least I think so anyway! lol

“Oh my god, Rose, check it out.” Lexi said, grabbing Rose by the arm and turning her around and slightly pointing to a really hot guy at the counter.

Rose pressed her lips together, “Oh wow.”

“That must be the hottest guy I ever seen.” Lexi squealed, grabbing her hand and sitting her down at the table across from Aaron and Jesse.

“Do you agree, Rosy?” Rose slightly opened her mouth and stole a glance at Aaron, who was eyeing her like a hawk.

“Second hottest.” She said quickly, finally looking at Aaron smiling innocently.

Aaron raised an eyebrow, “You better say that.” He warned. Just joking of course. Rose giggled and kissed his hand. Aaron smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Lexi looked at Rose, then at Aaron.

“Oh right…sorry.” She smirked. Then out of the corner of her eye, she saw the hot guy coming over to the table. Her eyes widened.

“Oh my god, he’s coming over. Rose, he’s coming over!” She squealed, pulling on Roses arm. Rose just laughed. They watched the guy in silence, as he walked around over to Aaron. His gestures, made Lexi frown almost immediately.

“Hi, ya’ll!” The guy greeted them cheerfully. Actually, a little bit to cheerful. Enough to make any guy nervous and any girl go into heat.

“Can I get you folks something to drink?” He asked. Jesse raised his finger.

“I’ll take a peach tea.”

“Coming right up.” He went to leave when he stopped and walked back to Aaron.

“Say buddy, that shirt looks absolutely fabulous on you. Where did you get it, gorgeous?” Aaron bit his lip and his eyes widened. Jesse dropped his head trying to hid his laughter. Aaron swallowed, his throat dry.

“Hollister……dude.” He choked out. The guy winked at him, before going back to the counter to get Jesse’s drink.

“Dude, girls are not the only ones who fancy you. “ Lexi snorted.

“Shut it.” Aaron hissed. Just then the guy appeared with Jesse’s drink in his hand.

“Here you are hot stuff.” Jesse’s eyes widened and he looked straight ahead, “By the way, what are you two fine looking men doing this weekend?”

“We’re getting married.” Aaron and Jesse said at the same time. Rose and Lexi were getting ready lose it.

“Yeah, we’re getting married to these beautiful young ladies right here.” The guy nodded and placed his hand on Jesse’s shoulder and squeezed it. Jesse flinched just a tad.

“Well, congratulations to you guys. If you guys need some entertainment at your bachelor party, I’m you guy. My name is Dick Bentley, hit me up sometime.” Dick said, winking at Aaron.

“Yeah right, asta la vista swartafaggro.” Aaron said under his breath. Rose snickered and hit him in the leg.

“What?” Aaron said with a grin.

Rose laughed, “That wasn’t very nice.” Aaron shook his head and hid his face in his hand.

“Dick.” Lexi said, pressing her lips together. The others looked at her, “Her---I mean his name is Dick. His name is DICK ya’ll.”

“And THOSE are what he likes on the weekends.” Jesse added. That was enough for the group. Aaron, Rose, and Lexi howled with laughter. Jesse chuckled to himself and picked up his glass of peach tea and lifted it up to his lips. Before he could get his grip on it, the glass slipped out of his hands and he almost spilled it.

“Holy crap!” Jesse grabbed the glass before it tipped over. The others stopped laughing and looked at him.

“What wrong?” Lexi frowned. Aaron frowned and leaned forward until he was eye level with Jesse’s drink.

“Dude….is that lotion???” Jesse’s eyes narrowed and he sunk in his chair. Then the whole group stood up and walked out of the malls café.

****

“So please tell me your having a good day so far.” Aaron asked Jesse as they walked the halls of the crowded mall.

“It’s been eventful so far. Like being hit on by a dude. That doesn’t really fall into the category of having a good time.”

“I know that. I’m used to it though.”

“And you like it!” Lexi sand from in front of them. Rose giggled but kept quiet.

“I DO not!” Aaron hissed at her. Lexi turned around and jumped into Aaron’s arms.

“Yes you do.” Aaron glared at her. Lexi suddenly gasped in happiness, “A lingerie store, lets go in!” Before Aaron could protest, Lexi already started pulling Aaron into the store.

“Jesse help!” Aaron pleaded for Jesse’s help.

“See ya!” Jesse grinned and walked in the opposite direction.

“You SUCK!” Aaron gave up and let himself being dragged into the store.

“Oh don’t worry airhead, we won’t be TOO long.” Lexi giggled. Aaron rolled his eyes and leaned up against a wall, beside a mannequin with Victoria Secret Lingerie. Aaron admitted that he loves lingerie….on Rose that is. Being dragged in Victoria Secret by a bunch of girls is not on a guy’s to do a list.

“Hey Aaron.” Aaron froze when he some female voices coming, from behind him. Aaron glanced behind him and turned around. There, standing there were three teenage girls with sly smirks on their faces. Aaron knew why too. Aaron gave them a quick smile and a chuckle and turned to face them.

“Hi there.” He crossed his arms across his chest and prayed they wouldn’t ask him why he was in a lingerie store.

“I’m Jessica and this is Heather and Alicia.” Jessica introduced herself and her friends. They smiled at him, “ So what are you doing?” Jessica asked with a grin.

Aaron shrugged, “Oh nothing just you know….hanging out.”

Heather pressed her lips together, “Just hanging out? In an underwear store?” Heather snickered, along side with Alicia. Aaron’s eyes widened and he stood up straight.

“No! You know just hanging out in the………mall…yeah.” Aaron gave them a nervous laugh and looked down to the floor.

“Aaron?” A voice rang out from the other side of the room. Aaron glanced up and saw Lexi waving him over to a rack of thongs and push up bras. Aaron looked back down and squeezed his eyes shut. ‘Don’t come over here. Don’t come over here.’

“Aaron.” Aaron flinched. That voice sounded like it was right in his ear. He slowly looked up and stared back at Lexi. Aaron straightened up and looked around. He then looked back at Lexi up and down.

“Do I know you?” He asked with a fake smile. Lexi glared at him. She wrapped her hand around the collar of his shirt.

“Get your ass over here, I need your opinion.” She growled, pulling over to the racks of thongs and bras. Jessica smirked at her friends and motioned them to follow her. They walked up behind Aaron and stood to watch and witness. Lexi grabbed a pink lacy bra with red hearts on it.

“Aaron, do you know what size my sister wears?” Lexi asked him. Aaron’s eyes widened and he pressed his lips tightly together.

“How the hell would I know.”

Lexi shrugged, “I just assumed. You know because……you pretty much know what size every girl in the whole state of California….or Florida wears…….” She said, with a smirk. Rose rolled her eyes then gave her boyfriend the evil eye.

Aaron glared at her, “I hate you.” Lexi laughed and turned her attention back to the rack of bras.

“38 B….” Aaron muttered under his breath. Apparently not loud enough. Rose and Lexi whirled around and looked at him with wide eyes. Aaron laughed nervously and shoved his hands in his pocket.

“Joking.” Rose sneered at him. Aaron laughed and gave a little cough.

“I’m going to go find Jesse.” Aaron said quickly and started walk out of the store.

“Not so fast, Cart---” Lexi began but was interrupted.

“SEE YA!”

Lexi gave him a glare and lifted up the hot pink push up bra with red hearts on it to Jessica and her friends.

“Cute huh?”

Jessica gave her a small smile, “Sure is.”

“Sweet.” Lexi beamed and walked over to the cash register to pay for her bra. Rose began to follow suite but Alicia stopped her.

“Hey, are you Aaron’s girlfriend?” Alicia asked her. Rose’s eyes went wide as she stole a glance at Lexi who was giving her the ‘oh shit here we go’ look. Rose sighed and looked back at Alicia, who had her arms crossed and her eyes brows raised. Rose narrowed her eyes, getting ready to pounce on this girl if she gives her that look again. Quickly she relaxed and flashed her a big smile.

“Oh no, not at all. I always thought she was more prettier than me. Bye.” Rose quickly walked away and rushed over to Lexi who was standing by the doorway.

“I hate it when that happens.” Rose said in one breath. Lexi narrowed her eyes and looked at the girls, who were still standing there and to Lexi they were clearing talking about Rose. Probably trash talking. ‘Those bitches.’ Lexi thought. She handed her bag to Rose and walked up to the Jessica and her friends.

“Lexi?” Rose’s eyes widened and she stood paralyzed her spot.

“Excuse me?” Lexi tapped Jessica on the shoulder. Jessica turned around and raised her eyebrow.

“Can I help you?” Jessica sneered making her little friends of hers giggle.

“Yes you can say that. Just out of curiosity, what if Rose was Aaron’s girlfriend---”

“Which I’m not.” Rose added stepping up beside Lexi.

“……IF she was his girlfriend,” Lexi continued grabbing Rose’s lips and shutting her up, “Do you have a problem with that?”

Jessica chuckled, “As a matter of fact my dear…..I do.”

“Yeah she does.” Heather and Alicia added. Jessica stood her ground, giving Lexi a fake smile.

Lexi laughed and scratched the side of her temple, “ Why is that?”

“Why would Aaron want some fat ugly bitch?” Jessica smirked, looking at Rose, “Yes dear I’m talking about you.” Jessica said batting her eyelashes. Rose’s blood began to boil. She stepped forward getting ready to give her a piece of her mind, when Lexi stepped closer blocking her path.

“Listen you little bitch. If you say another word….I will kick your ass. I mean come on you don’t want me to mess up that pretty little face now do you?” Jessica swallowed hard and stepped back a little, “Cause I will you know. Who would be the fat ugly bitch now huh? Do I make myself clear….Jessica?”

Jessica clenched her teeth together, “Chrystal.”

“Good. Nice talking to you!” Lexi cheerfully waved goodbye, while grabbing Rose and pulling her out of the store.

“Why did you do that? I wanted to hit her.” Lexi laughed and threw her arm around her.

“Girl you should be thanking me. She would’ve beat your ass if you told her the truth. Consider yourself lucky.”

“I just don’t understand why girls have to act like that.”

“Cause this world is filled with dumb bitches that’s why.” Rose nodded and stayed quiet. See Rose wasn’t the kind of girl who could stand up for herself as much as Lexi could. Lexi is from the streets, she knows how to handle people like Jessica. Rose is really shy and very sensitive. She’s not as strong as Lexi and she didn’t think she’ll ever be.

“Lexi Loo lets go find the boys and get out of here.” Rose said, tugging on her sleeve.

“In a little bit, we need to stop back by the café.”

Rose’s eyes widened, “Why???” Lexi suddenly turned around and grabbed Rose’s arms.

“I’m gonna try to change him.”

Rose raised an eyebrow, “Change who?”

“Dick.”

Rose took a deep breath. “Um…..why???”

“Cause he’s hot and I want him so badly! Come on Rosy help me out here.”

Rose shook her head, “Um no it’s okay. Lexi, Dick is gay, you can’t change that.”

Lexi smirked, “Bring it on.”

“Oh geez. “ Rose groaned herself in the forehead, “Lexi if you get a chance tell him I want to be his friend.”

Lexi stopped and looked at her friend in confusion ,”Why is that?”

“You know I always wanted a gay guy as a friend…..”

“Oh right!” Lexi nodded and walked to the counter where Dick was. Rose relaxed when she felt a pair of strong arms and the scent of the cologne that drives her wild.

“Hey baby.”

“Hiya.” She answered. Rose leaned into Aaron and snuggled deeper into his embrace. Jesse stood beside him, his eyes narrowed and a frown on her face.

“What the hell is Lexi doing?” Jesse asked, hands on his hips.

Rose giggled, “Putting the moves on Dick.”

“Damn I knew Lexi was desperate, but I didn’t think she was that desperate.”

Rose looked up at Aaron, “Oh trust me it won’t work.”

“Figured much.” Aaron whispered. The boys and Rose watched in amusement at Rose who was trying real hard to satisfy Dick. They saw him smile at her and then laugh. Then all of a sudden his smile faded and his back away from her nervously shaking his head. The others started crack up, knowing what was going down over there. Of course Lexi got rejected by a gay guy. You can never win with one of those. Lexi took a deep breath and walked back to her friends. Her head was down, hands in her pockets. She walked right by her group of laughed friends.

“Nice try, Lex.” Aaron sang, making Rose and Jesse crack up again.

“Shut it, Carter!”

 

Chapter 6 by Babyg
Author's Notes:
This chap is very short i'm sorry about that. It's in Jesse POV. Hope you enjoy, R&R

JESSE’S POV

A couple of days later, I sat at the dining room table, my phone in my hand. My fingers lingered over the keys. It’s been almost a week since I last talked to Katie. I took a deep breath and finally allowed myself to dial her number. I put my phone up to my ear and waited……….

“Hi this is Katie----”

“Katie, hey this is Jess----”

“I’m not in right now. Leave me a message and I’ll call you back. See ya!” BEEP. My face fell when her voice mail came up.

I sighed, “Katie, this is Jess. Um….I was just wondering how you’re doing. I miss you. Give me a call when you can. Bye.” I slowly pushed the end call button. I put my phone down and let my face fall into my hands. Tears quickly welled up in my eyes. Before I knew it, they were falling, I was falling. Falling deeper and deeper into a world I didn’t recognize. I tried to make sense of this. Of my situation and of the reason why I am in this situation. I came to the conclusion that I had to have some answers and fast. Maybe I can think clearly after that. Maybe everything will be fine and I’ll finally be able to movie on with my life. But something was telling me not to listen. It’s going to get worse I know it. Why am I having this feeling that Katie’s reason is not the reason at all. Maybe I would feel better if this all played out differently and not the way that it did. Katie didn’t even ask me what I wanted to say to her. I wish someone will explain to me why love has to be this way.

Drying my eyes with the sleeve of my shirt, I took a deep breath and quickly gathered myself up. Looking at the time and sighed. I was supposed to be over at Aaron’s studio thirty minutes ago. He’s helping produce my new album, which I asked him to anyway. That boy get a little impatient so I better get going.

Chapter 7 by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Since the last chapter was so short here's another chapter, it's a little longer but still a little short. Please read and review!

Hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER 7-------The meaning of Friendship 

 

Licking my lips I pushed open the door leading into Aaron’s studio. Aaron sat in his chair with his computer in his lap.

“Hey.” I said quickly sitting down on the couch tiredly. Aaron put his computer to the side and leaned forward in his chair.

“What’s up?”

“I tried calling Katie.” I said quickly, my gaze in my hands.

“Did you get through to her?”

I shook my head, “No.”

Aaron got up and stood in front of me, “We don’t have to record today if you’re not up for it.” I shook my head once more, “No man. It’s okay. Lets do it.” I stood up and headed to the recording booth. I put on the ear phones and nodded to Aaron. He shrugged and started up the music. I licked my lips and opened my mouth……

Hey baby girl
I've been watching you all day
Man that thing you got behind you is amazing
You make me want to take you out and let it rain
I know you got a man but this is what you should say

 

To me it felt like I couldn’t breathe. I didn’t even know how far into the song I got when Aaron stopped me.

“Jess, are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m sure.” I said, feeling deep down that I knew I wasn’t.

Aaron stared at me, “Really? Cause it sounds like you have no idea what’s going on.” I stayed silent, “Just relax, man.”

I nodded. Relax? Is that even possible right now?

“Okay, lets take it from the top.” Aaron nodded at me and I started again. I tried to do what he said. I tried to relax. But I’m going to say ‘Relax’ isn’t on my to-do list, because I couldn’t relax. Not right now anyway. I could feel my mind running away from me. I couldn’t hear my voice or the music anymore. I could have sworn I seen the room suddenly change. I was surrounded by pure darkness. Doors and windows covered the walls and when I tried to open them they wouldn’t open. I was stuck inside this dark world, alone. With no one to care or even notice.

“Jess….?” I jumped when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. My eyes snapped open. I didn’t realize they were closed. As a matter of fact, I didn’t realize much of anything. The look in Aarons eyes said it all. They looked scared, just as scared as I felt. Aaron slowly took off the earphones that were still on my head and quietly placed them on the stand in front of me. Aaron pulled me into his arms then. At that time I realized the tears escaping my eyes. Tears I never noticed.

---------

“I’m sorry, man. I don’t know what’s up with me today.” I said rubbing my burning my eyes.

Aaron sighed, “I know what’s wrong. Jess, I hate seeing you like this. You need to face it. Talk to Katie. Don’t back down.”

“I know man.” I whispered, “It’s just I’m getting a feeling in my stomach that the reason Katie broke up with me isn’t the real reason.”

“Why do you say that?”

I stood up and walked across the room, standing in front of the window, “I don’t know. Usually when I get feelings like this, I’m usually right, “ I laughed, scratching my head, “No, wait…that’s you. Are you getting any feelings lately?”

Aaron got up and stood in front of me, “Only that I’m scared for you. I’ve been in your position before. Well, probably not as bad but I understand how you feel. You scared me, because you can’t even get through the first verse of the song without zoning out. I panicked when you did, dude. You looked like you were in a trance or something. I tried getting your attention for almost five minutes.”

My eyes widened, “I was out for that long?” Aaron nodded.

“Oh and by the way. Until you handle this and I know you’re one hundred percent going to be okay. We are not going to record anything. It can wait. I want you to be okay, man.”

I nodded, “Yeah…okay. Sorry…..” I whispered, quickly grabbing my jacket and slipping it on.

“Where you going?” Aaron asked.

I turned and faced him, “Um….out. For a drive. I need some time to think about some things. I just need to clear my head. Don’t worry.”

“I better not worry.” Aaron grinned and patted me on the back. I nodded and walked out the door.

Chapter 8 by Babyg

Later that night, Jesse stumbled into the kitchen, flipping on the light. He groaned and grabbed his head, feeling the pain the light was giving him. His face and shirt is tear stained. He reached up a shaky hand and grabbed a piece of paper off the refrigerator.

Jesse,

No one may not be here when you get back. Lexi is out clubbing and I took Rose out to dinner. There’s a pizza in the fridge for ya. See ya later

Aaron

Jesse crumbled the note up in his hand and threw it in the trash. He ignored the lovely good pizza and walked straight to the bathroom and locking the door.

***

Meanwhile at the restaurant, Aaron and Rose sat in silence in their booth. Rose gazed at her boyfriend. Aaron sat silently gazing out the window, his food untouched. Rose put down her fork and took Aarons hand. Aaron jumped on contact when Rose touched his hand. He sighed heavily and looked away.

“Hunnie, you haven’t eaten a thing. Are you feeling okay?” Rose gently stroked his arm. Aaron bit his lip and shook his head.

“I just have a lot on my mind that’s all.”

“About Jess?”

Aaron took a deep breath and leaned forward, “I don’t know what to do, Rosey. You didn’t see him today. He’s not himself. “

“Well you need to try to help him.”

“What the fuck do you think I’m trying to do?” He spat, then looking around nervously, then moved in even closer, “Rose, I honestly don’t know how to deal with this. I feel helpless. What if I loose him, Rosey? What if we loose him?”

Rose smiled softly and ran her fingers across his cheek, “Aaron, you’re his best friend. If anybody can figure it out, it will be you. Just tell him that he’s not alone in this. That he has us.”

“What if that’s not enough?”

“What do you mean?”

“What if Jesse doesn’t see the bigger picture? What if he doesn’t see US?”

Rose frowned, “Do you think he’ll try to hurt himself?”

“That’s what scares me. I’m too scared to know. I’m so scared that he will. I just have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is gonna happen. Something I can’t stop.” Aaron took a shaky breath, trying very hard not to loose it. Rose squeezed his hands and placed soft kisses on his face.

“Your food’s getting cold. Eat before I force you too.” She teased. Aaron chuckled and picked up his fork. He looked into her eyes and gave her a small kiss, “Hopefully when we get home, Jess will be there. We’ll try to talking to him again.” She added. Aaron nodded, putting some green beans in his mouth.

***

Later that night, Jesse stood in front of the mirror staring at his reflection. He didn’t know who he was looking at. He just knew he was someone who didn’t want to be on this planet. He wanted to be someone who doesn’t feel anymore heartache or pain. Looking down at the bottle of aspirin in his hand, Jesse knew what he had to do. He was all dried up from all the tears he cried. After staring at the bottle for what seemed like an eternity, making damn sure this is what he wanted, he placed his thumb underneath the lid and popped it open. The sound of a door slamming shut, brought Jesse’s head back up. His breath caught in his throat when he heard talking coming from outside the window and he then knew it was Aaron and Rose. They were back. Jesse walked up to the door and made double sure that it was locked. He made is way back to the sink and poured the pills out of the bottle and into his hand.

“Good Jesse’s home.” Aaron said, walking up the front steps hand in hand with Rose. Rose nodded and snuggled closer to him. Aaron pushed open the door but stopped in his tracks. Rose stood up straight, looking at him.

“What’s wrong, hunnie.” She asked concerned. Aaron put his hand up to her lips and walked into the house. He took a shaky breath and turned to her.

“Um…go in the living room.”

“Aaron, what’s wrong?”

“Baby! Please just go sit down. I have to go find Jesse. Something doesn’t feel right okay. Just go sit down.” He said in a one breath. Rose swallowed and nodded. She turned and slowly made her way to the living room, looking back every once in a while with concern. Aaron took off his jacket and walked into the hall. It was silent and that wasn’t a good thing. He was getting the feeling again. The feeling his gets when something was gonna happen. He turned the corner then stopped. The bathroom door was closed and Aaron never closes it, that is if someone is using it of course. Swallowing hard, Aaron walked up to the door and nodded lightly.

“Jess?” He voice cracked. He cleared his throat, grabbed the door knob and turning it. It was locked.

“Jess?” He called again, this time hopefully he could hear him. All he got was silence, “Are you in there?” Still no answer. He was about to give up when he heard movement from inside.

Then a small voice came, “Aaron……”

Aaron grabbed the knob again and shook it, “Jesse open the door, man.”

“Go away, man.”

“Please open the door and let me in.”

“No. Leave me alone.”

“No I will not leave you alone. Open the door now.” Aaron said firmly, still shaking the door.

“Aaron please I just want to be alone.” Jesse pleaded, shocked that fresh tears were streaming down his cheeks. He could’ve sworn he was all out of tears.

“You’re going to be alone a lot in your life. But you don’t have to be now if you just let me in and so I can talk to you, dammit. I want to help you. Let me help you!”

“You can’t help me.” Jesse said, flatly. Aaron fell silent, his body shaking. He licked his dry lips and stepped closer to this door.

“Don’t…ever say….I can’t help you. I can help you if you just let me.”

“Just go away, Aaron.”

“I’m not going away. Not now not every. And don’t forget who fucking house this is Jesse. Now open the God Damn door!”

“Fuck off!”

“Jesse unlock this damn door or I’ll knock it the fuck down! What’s it gonna be buddy? I don’t really want to replace my door, so I suggest you unlock it right now.” Aaron was met with only silence. He shook his head in anger and stepped back away from the door. Then with all of his power he slammed himself against the door as hard as he could. Rose, who was in the living room, jumped at the loud bang of Aarons shoulder against the bathroom door. She choked back a sob, quickly grabbing her cell and dialing Lexi. She picked up on the second ring.

“Talk to me, Rosey.”

“Lexi please get home.” Rose cried, trying to get her breath back. With every bang she flinched.

“Rosey, what’s wrong?” Lexi asked, starting to panic.

“Something’s…wrong with…Jesse. Please come home!” She cried hard.

“I’m on my way. Hang in there hun!” The cell phone slipped out of her hand and landed on the floor. Rose leaned up against the wall placing her face in her hands.

After a struggle trying to get the door open Aaron finally succeeded, only to see Jesse race pass him right as the door opened. Startled, Aaron jumped back and hit the wall. Aaron quickly recovered and ran after him.

“Jesse stop!!!” He caught him at the base of the stairs and threw him backwards. Jesse landed hard on the floor, the bottle of pills flying out of his hand and sliding across the floor. Aaron eyed the bottle in horror. He couldn’t believe what Jesse was thinking about doing. Aaron sprung into action. He grabbed Jesse, just as he was ready to snatch the pills back.

“What the fuck are you doing?!” Aaron screamed pinning Jesses hands together.

“Let me go!! I need them Aaron!!! I need them!!” Jesse sobbed, trying desperately to get to them, but Aaron didn’t loosen his grip.

“Rose!!!” Aaron yelled for her. Rose ran into the foyer, her hand on her chest, “Get that bottle and get rid of it!!” Rose nodded quickly and snatched them. Jesse’s eyes widened as soon as she reached for them.

“No! You fucking bitch!! I need those!!” Jesse screamed. He then elbowed Aaron right in the side of the head and got out of his grip. Aaron grabbed his head in pain, then shot right after him. Once again the caught up with him, wrapping his arms around from behind, swinging him around and pinning him back to the ground.

“Why? Why do you need them man?!” Aaron sobbed, feeling his own heart starting to break.

“Because…….I want to…die.”

“No. No you don’t. Please don’t say that.” Aaron whispered, wrapping his arms around him tighter.

“Yes. I. Do. LET ME GO!!” Jesse screamed, violently trying to get loose. Aaron didn’t loosen his grip not once. He pulled him even closer to him.

“No I won’t. I’m not going to let you go. I’m NEVER going to let you go. Never.” Jesse finally stopped fighting him and went limp in his arms, letting the sobs take over his body, “Never gonna let you go. Not in a million years am I ever going to let you go. I’m going to help you even if it kills me. Don’t you ever think you’re in this alone. I’m here. Rose is here. Lexi is here. You’re not alone. You’ll never ever be alone.” Aaron wrapped his fingers in his hair and rocked him back and forth, whispering soothing words in his ear. Rose stood back watching, her cheeks tear stained. Lexi came up behind her, resting her chin on Roses shoulder, gazing on as well.

Chapter 9 by Babyg
Author's Notes:

Whoa YIKES finally an update!!!!

 

NOTE: What Aaron tells Jesse in this chapter is completely false!!! So don't flame me for it. Work of fiction that's all it is. Enjoy! :)

Chapter 9

Aaron’s POV

 I awoke the next morning, feeling like a I got hit upside the head with bat. I groaned, grabbing the side of my head and turning over. I was welcomed by Rose, putting her hand over mine. I slowly opened my eyes and met her green ones.

“Hi there.” She whispered, smiling. I smiled back at her, loving the way she looks at me in the mornings. I don’t ever want to loose something so beautiful and pure in this world. I leaned over and gave her a sweet kiss on her forehead, while running my fingertips over her face. I then sat up and looked over to the other side of me. Then it hit me like a bullet. The drama we went through yesterday. That’s why my head hurts so much. Jesse elbowed me in the head. Damn him for my migraine. I wouldn’t even thought…no…I wouldn’t have even imagined Jesse would do something like this. Of course he loved Katie with all of his heart and soul, just like I love Rose, but I didn’t think he would try to take his own life because of it. He once told me he would die if he ever lost her. I told him he wouldn’t. Cause there’s more to life after death. That death was a part of life. And if something ever happened to Katie…anything….life still goes on. He’ll have the memories to what was the best time of his life. And of course he argued with me. That’s what friends do, they don’t want to listen. Now after what Jesse pulled last night, makes it even harder on me. Just like I said they don’t want to listen, because they think they know how they really feel and doesn’t care about what you have to say. What’s going on with Jesse, is a very big matter. What frightens me the most is that he won’t listen to me and I’ll fail as a friend. We’re supposed to be there for each other. I will give an arm and a leg to make sure he gets through this. If not, what is my calling? Definitely not a friend.

 I pulled myself out of bed and hurried downstairs to find Jesse. After what happened last night I’m not taking any chances. I’m not gonna let this boy out of my sight. We’re gonna be little bathroom buddies, until this all blows over. Well….maybe not but you get my drift. I skidded into the kitchen, calling his name. Finally I spotted him outside on the bench swing. I took a deep breath and sweet relief. I opened the backdoor and saw Jesse curled up on the bench, and blanket around him and some coffee in hand. I sat down beside him, pulling the blanket over me as well. Kinda nippy outside.

“Hey.” I said giving him a weak smile. He glanced at me. I could tell he didn’t sleep at all last night. Dark circles took over his eyes and exhaustion just swept over him.

“Hi.” Jesse said in such a tiny voice I had to strain my ear muscles just to hear him.

“Um…are you okay?” I asked then suddenly regretted it. Stupid. Stupid. Aaron when are you ever going to learn? Don’t ask that question!! Of course he’s not okay. If he was OKAY, he’ll be in a happy mood, chipper maybe. No if he was chipper he might as well be called psychotic.

“No.” He answered. I nodded. Understandable.

“Jesse, please tell me what your feeling. I want to know so I can help you.”

Jesse shook his head, “You wouldn’t understand.”

I snorted upon hearing that. How dare he, “I wouldn’t understand?”

“No.”

“That’s bullshit and you know it.”

Jesse looked at me, “Is it?”

“Having the same feeling you are, feeling nothing matters in the world, a world where you nobody wants you or cares! I’ve been there. I’ve lived it. I’ve always told you everything. Absolutely everything. Now don’t give me that you won’t understand bullshit, just like you did just now!”

“Actually, there’s one thing you never told me. I had to learn from another source. A source called the media. Something you should have told me.”

“What?”

“When you started doing drugs. Sneaking around, lying, breaking promises. You know the usual shit you put me through.”

“So this is payback, huh?”

“Isn’t a bitch, Aaron?”

“That is a whole entire different thing.”

“Bullshit. You know why you started doing it. Because you were broken up over your family. You only did it cause it made you feel better.”

“I also tried to do exactly what you tried to do last night. I told you that didn’t I? I was suicidal too. Remember that? It was you that helped me. It was you I put my trust and thanks into. You‘re the reason why I‘m still living.” Finally I was greeted by silence and Jesses hazel eyes staring back at me, “Just remember one thing. I was in your place too. Instead of pills I had a knife. I held it in my hand so tight. I cried and cried telling myself just to do it. Just do it. Did I? No. I didn’t. And you know why? Because I  couldn’t. I was too scared to die. I wanted my heart and my soul to get better and if you remember, I know I do, that that day I went over to your house and cried and told you want I tried to do. And when I told you, I looked into your eyes and seen that you started to cry too. I then realized something, I didn’t want to die, because I didn’t want to loose you. I didn't want to loose my best friend."

“How did you do it, Aaron? How did you do it?” Jesse asked, his voice thick from all the tears that were blocking it.

“I kept on walking through the front door. Never ever go through the back. And if the front door won’t open, break a window.” I told him. Jesse squeezed my head and nodded.

“I’m so sorry I had to put you through that, man.” I nodded and pulled him for a tight hug.

“It’s okay. It’ll be okay. And you know me man. I don’t make promises I can’t keep. I promise you’ll be okay. All I need is for you to trust me.”

“I do. I do trust you, man.” Jesse sobbed into my shoulder. I pulled him back and gave him a small pat.

“Hey, I have an idea. I have a therapy session with Sandra this afternoon. Why don’t you come with me. Talk to her too.”

Jesse raised an eyebrow, “Are you serious? Now you want to put fucking therapy shit through my head.”

“Um…yeah I do!” I laughed, “Look, I’ve been going to Sandra since I was sixteen, pretty much ever since Nick forced me too. She’s helped me so much. She always knows what to say. I even pick up a few tips from her. What do you say? We can go together. No matter what you’re not in this alone.”

Jesse took a deep breath and stood up, “So…when’s the appointment?”

 

Chapter 10 by Babyg
Jesse’s POV


“I cannot believe you talked me into this.” I groaned buttoning up the black shirt I decided to where today. Aaron grinned a bit, keeping his eyes on the magazine he was reading.

“Oh really? I didn’t think it was that hard.” Aaron chuckled. I glared at him threw the mirror and then continued fixing my hair. Aaron put his magazine aside and walked up behind me, starring me down through the mirror.

“What? Too much gel in my hair?”

Aaron shook his head, “Nah. But why black, Jess?” Aaron asked, raising an eyebrow at my attire, “Just asking by the way.”

I shrugged, “Well, you never know I may be going to a funeral and black looks better on me anyway.”

“You’re not going out to impress anybody you know.” Aaron said calmly. I washed my hands ignoring his comment at first. I tucked in my shirt and headed to the door. Resting my hand on the door knob I turned back toward Aaron and shrugged.

“You know I like looking good when I go out. I like to make people think that I’m a conservative guy and I care about my appearance. I don’t want dirty looks by people who think I dress like a hobo or a homeless person or someone who just doesn’t care about what they look like. Like their pants half way off their ass.”

Aaron threw his head back and laughed, “I know, man. It’s just that you take longer to get ready than all my sisters put together.”

Note to self, kick his ass later.

I pressed my lips together keeping my smart ass comment to myself, “I resent that.” I blurted out. I gave him a sarcastic smile as Aaron walked past me and out of the door. Grabbing my jacket off the bed I quickly followed him.

“So what is this chicks name again?” I asked, getting into the passenger seat. Aaron put the key in the ignition and started up the car. He put on his seatbelt, then looked at me.

“Cindy Garrett.”

I nodded, “She hot?”

Aaron narrowed his eyes and went to say something, but hesitated, “Well, yeah she’s….she’s pretty.”

“She single?”

“She’s married.” He said without hesitating. What the heck? Everyone is married these days! I snapped my fingers in defeat. It’s not like I wanted her number or anything. I was just thinking beyond my satisfaction. I tapped my fingers on the side of the door, looking at Aaron at the corner of my eye. Aaron was just sitting back in his seat looking at me. I looked around, before turning and looking at him.

“Are we going to go anytime soon?”

Aaron didn’t smile. Geez, what’s with him? “Aren’t you forgetting something?” As he said that I quickly patted all my pockets, and then dug my hand in my pants pocket.

“I don’t think so, dude.” I told him. Aaron still didn’t budge, “Dude, what the hell??”

Aaron finally smiled. Jackass. “Jess….click it, unless you want me to get a ticket.”

I looked at the seatbelt, then reached back to grab it. I grinned as I buckled myself in, “Happy brotha?” I laughed and rolled my eyes. I love it when he gets testy.

“Very.” He answered. Aaron put the car in reverse and pulled out of the drive way. He shifted gears and we were on our way.

“So how old is she?”

“Jesse, give it up.”

“I’m just asking…..”

*******

Aaron groaned from beside me, as we pulled up behind a Porsche. I poked my head out of the window and groaned out loud myself. I pulled myself back in and adjusted my seat belt.

“Great. Just great. Stuck in traffic. Sucks.” I said, rolling my eyes. I heard Aaron snort just then. I looked at him, my eye brows raised, “What are you snorting about?”

Aaron busted out laughing. He shook his head and then calmed himself, “When you said ‘stuck in traffic’, I automatically thought of Nick and AJ….” He said, laughing again. I blinked and then laughed along with him.

“Oh yeah, when they were stuck in traffic that one day and they were singing!” I laughed, recalling the video I once saw. I cleared my throat.

“We’re in hell…..” I sang in a low tone.

“….because, we’re stuck in traffic.” Aaron sang, joining in on the fun. We laughed, smiling upon that memory.

Aaron shook his head, “That was the best video ever.” He said. Aaron took a deep breath, his hand resting on his horn, “Come ooooooon!” He yelled out loud.

I looked at him, “Road rage much?” I joked. I don’t think he got the joke because when he looked at me, his eyes flared.

“You want to see road rage? I’ll show you road rage!” He yelled, unsnapping his seat belt. I moved away from the window and quickly grabbed his arm.

“Dude, don’t!” I said, my eyes wide. Aaron just stared back at me. Then I scowled when he started to laugh, “That was not funny. I thought you were serious.” I said, letting go of his arm and turning back in my seat.

“I’m just a good actor….” He said. I let out a sarcastic laugh and looked at him.

“Oh yeah?”

“Well….yeah! You know I auditioned for Summerland, you know.”

I laughed, “Uh….right….”

“Okay, fine. I was going to.”

I threw my head back and laughed, “Even if you did…what then?”

Aaron bit his lip, “You still would have beat me.”

“Even if I didn’t try out, somebody still would have beat you.”

Aaron shot me a look, “Are you making fun of my acting abilities?”

I took a breath and held it for a split second before letting it go, “No of course not.” I rushed, “You just need hel--I mean you need to pick better….um…roles.” I squeezed my eyes shut, holding my tongue. I jumped when Aaron clamped his hand on my shoulder. I looked at him.

“How did this conversation turn into how bad my acting is?”

I smiled, “Begin quote….”I’m just a good actor’’ end quote.” I said, flashing smile.

“Fuuuuuuck yoooouuu. Damn! I’m just so loved today!” Aaron replied. I gave a little laugh and looked back at the line of cars. I raised my eyebrows and turned back to Aaron.

“Dude, you just need to find the right roles. You know the more films or taking acting classes or what not…can go a long way. You’ll get better. Practice makes perfect. Or…you can----” I broke off, when Aaron interrupted me.

“Nope don’t you say it, McCartney!”

I blinked, “You don’t even know what I was going to say, dude.”

Aaron cleared his throat, then looked at me, “Are you sure about that? You were about to tell me to stick to what I do best…..singing!” He turned back in his seat for a split second, then suddenly turned back toward me, “I know this….”

“Holy shit your good!” I said, my eyes wide. Okay, something is seriously going on with this boy. How the hell did he know I was going to say that?? “ How did you know I was going to say that?” I continued. Wow, my thought actually came out of my mouth.

“I’ve known you my whole life, Jesse. “ He said. Aaron leaned toward me, “I can read your mind.” He whispered. I let out a small chuckle. Then, several loud honks filled the air, making both Aaron and I jump. We looked behind us, eyeing the traffic. I smiled and turned to my buddy.

“Dude, can I drive?” I asked.

“No.” Aaron quickly said.

“Then would you….”

“What---oh.” Aaron said, finally turning his attention back to the road. The traffic in front of us, started moving a hell of a long time ago!

“Dammit, why didn’t you tell me when traffic started moving again?”

“Because I’m a stinka.” I said in my famous bugs bunny voice. Aaron put the car in gear and pressed the gas. I glanced at Aaron, then started laughing. When I woke up this morning, I automatically assumed this was going to be a shitty day, just like the rest of my life. But….it isn’t. I don’t think I ever laughed this much before. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if me and Aaron Carter weren’t even friends. Would I find a friend like him in someone else? I don’t even want to answer that question, because right now I’m just blessed he is my friend now.

“What’s so funny?” Aaron growled, when I started laughing again. I calmed down at that point, but kept a smile on my face.

“Click it or ticket?”

Aaron quickly looked around, then rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Fuck.” He gritted through his teeth. He reached behind him and put his seat belt back on. I shook my head. The things we get into, then the things we forget. Oh good lord!

“I was wondering if you were going to notice.” I joked.

“Pardon my French; you’re an asshole! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“Because I was to entertained while listening to you bitch?” I said, with a smirk. Aaron glared at me, and remained silent, “But I love ya brotha!” Aaron rolled his eyes and got the car up to its normal speed. Aaron looked at his watch, then groaned.

“Dammit. Our appointment is in five minutes and we’re still ten minutes away.” Aaron said, “And that is not my fault. Your fault!. All your fault you hear!”

“Okay!” I said with a grin, “will Cindy be mad if we’re late?”

“Oh yeah, yeah. She’s one of those chicks that don’t tolerate tardiness. She’s impatient, testy, and she’s a redhead so she gets angry very easily so watch it. Oh and always look up ’here’.” He said, pointing at his eyes, I smiled, knowing where he was going with this one. “Anywhere else is a no-no. No looking at her legs, or her fanny, or her-----”

“Tatas?”

“….her tat---Jesse this is serious.” He laughed. I threw my head back and laughed.

“She’ll like it if it comes from me.” I said, winking. Yeah….right.

“Yeah, if you want your smile knocked completely off your face, go right ahead.”

I shot him a look, “I was joking.”

Aaron laughed, “Okay. Anyway, that happened to Nick before so I’m just giving you a fair warning.”

“She slapped Nick?!”

Aaron threw his head back and laughed, “Yeah! After the session was over he went up to her and playfully smacked her butt and told her how hot she was in a business suit! No joke!”

My mouth opened in shock, “Are you kidding me?” Aaron shook his head, laughing. “That’s crazy.” I shrugged, “But it also reminds me of something that you would do too.” I continued.

“Well, I’ve learned not to. Sure Cindy’s an attractive woman….very very attractive. But this happened when I was like twelve so….”

I tilted my head to the side, “One very would have been enough, dude.”

“One word in front of Rose, I’ll kill ya.” He shot at me. I raised my hands in defense, but didn’t say anything.

“You’ve been seeing Cindy for that long?”

Aaron nodded, “Yeah, I have. After that day, Nick never went back. So he left her for me…..that didn’t sound right.” Aaron chuckled.

“I hear what your saying. How long has she been married?”

“Uh…I think fifteen years.”

“Wow.” I nodding, “How old is she?”

“Thirty-six and she’s a cougar.” Aaron said, flashing a smile. I laughed and slumped down in my seat.

“Are we there yet?” I asked. I pulled my head up off the back of the seat when I felt the car come to a stop. I looked out of the window and eyed a fairly tall building out in front.

“Yeah. Now come on.” Aaron told me, taking the keys out of the ignition.

“Nah uh.” I said, but too late for Aaron to hear. The boy was already out of the car. I took a deep breath, pushed the door open, and got out. Aaron walked over and stood in front of me.

“Relax, Jess.” I flinched when he said that. I haven’t realized that I was lost in my thoughts, so he kind of scared me a bit.

“Are you sure you don’t need to talk to her about anything?” I asked him, my voice low.

Aaron shrugged, “Probably. But today isn’t about me. It’s about you. I made this day for you, not me. Now lets go. We’re already 5 minutes late.” Aaron grabbed me by the arm and led me into the building. I pulled my arm away and walked behind him. I started to feel my stomach turn. I did not want to be here……

We stepped onto an elevator and I watched Aaron push the number ‘17’ button. I slid over to the other side of the elevator, while Aaron stood at the other end. I took a couple of deep breaths.

“I don’t want to do this.” I said, flatly. I slid my hands into my pockets and leaned my head against the wall.

“Don’t be a baby about this, Jesse.” Aaron said.

I rolled my eyes, “Dude, I’m not being a baby. I just don’t see the reason why I have to do this. Talking to a complete stranger about my problems is not going to solve anything.”

“You know what I don’t want. I didn’t want to come home and find my best friend trying to kill himself last night! That’s what I don’t want. Time is everything. You have something to say, say it through her. I’m trying to bust my ass to make sure that you’ll be okay. You can cry or even scream about not wanting to be here, but you know what it’s not going to work. You are going into that office and you are going to sit with her and talk to her. I’ll be in there as well. You need to talk, okay?” I bit my lip, listening to what he was saying. He had a point. I can talk to my family, him or any of the girls, but I know that won’t be enough. I guess sometimes talking to a complete stranger can seal the deal. But now? Can’t I wait a couple more days?

“Dude, can’t we do this later?”

“No. I already made this appointment for you and you’re taking it.” The elevator door dinged and opened. Aaron grabbed my arm and pulled me out. I felt resistant and pulled back. His grip didn’t cease, not even a little.

“What do I have to do to make you do this, Jesse? What do I have to do to be a good friend here? Tell me, because to be honest man, I feel like I’m failing.” My heart skipped a beat when he said that. Geez, he really knows how to make a man feel guilty.

“I’ll take it, Aar. But I don’t think my heart can take anymore heart ache.” I whispered. Aaron finally let go of my arm.

“You’re going to feel it a lot in your lifetime. Trust me, I’ve felt enough. Now come on. This is your day, not mine.” I follow Aaron down the hallway and then into another room.

“Hey Sandra.” Aaron said, greeting the white head woman sitting behind the desk. She looked up and smiled excitedly.

“Aaron, how are you?” She stood up, shaking his hand, then giving him a hug.

“I’m doing great. How are you?”

“I’m doing great. I got married again.”

“Wow! When did that happen?”

“About a month ago.”

Aaron nodded, “Wow, I did not know that. Congratulations!” Aaron gave her another hug.

“Yeah, it’s great. It’s going great. Come to think of it, just last year I said I wasn’t going to get married again.” Sandra laughed, “Well here I am! Married!” She said excitedly, while looking at her ring. She walked back around her desk and sat back down.

“So what can I do for you?”

“Cindy’s expecting me.” Aaron told her, resting his hands on the desk. I just stood in the doorway, my arms crossed in front of my chest.

Sandra nodded. “Okay. I’ll ring her in.” She picked up the phone and ringed Cindy’s office, “Cindy, Aaron is here. Okay…” She put the phone down and wrote something down in her notepad, “She’s coming. So when is your appointment?” She asked. Aaron looked at his watch,

“Oh about…..fifteen minutes ago.”

Sandra blinked, “Oh Okay.” Aaron smiled and walked back over to me. He nudged me in the shoulder and smiled. I looked him in silence.

“What’s wrong?”

I shrugged, “I’m fine, I guess. Ask me again later.” Aaron nodded. He straightened up when he saw Cindy walking down the hall toward him. Aaron nudged me again in the shoulder and nodded toward Cindy. I turned around and looked back behind me.

“Is that her?” I asked.

“Uh huh.” Aaron replied. He poked his head back into the office, “Have a nice day, Sandra.”

“You too, Aaron.” She replied, sweetly.

“You weren’t kidding, Aar. She’s hot.” I said, cracking a smile.

“Drop it.” Aaron said, brushing past me and meeting up with Cindy. I followed suit.

“Cindy, I’m sorry I’m late.” He said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“That is absolutely okay, Aaron. I’m just happy you made it alright. Come on in.” She opened up the door to her office. I followed Aaron in, staying behind him. Aaron glanced at me. His eyes were wide.

I frowned, “Dude…what’s wrong?” I whispered. Aaron turned around and leaned in closer.

“She’s not mad.” He said, “I’m confused. She’s always mad.”

I nodded and scanned the room, “Dude…maybe she had some amazing sex last night.” I said, raising my eye brows. Aaron covered his mouth to keep from laughing out loud. He sucked in a breath and turned back around.

“Agree?”

“Yes, now hush.”

“What can I do for you today, Aaron?” Cindy asked, with a smile on her face.

“Well Cindy, I’m not here for me today.” Aaron told her.

“Oh?”

“Yeah. I’m here on the behalf of my good friend. Cindy, this is Jesse McCartney. Jesse, Cindy Garrett. The best person in the world.” Aaron introduced us. I stepped forward, giving her small smile and gently shaking her….oh so soft hands. STOP IT! I shook the thought that was getting ready to pop in my head.

“Hello, Jesse. It’s really nice to meet you. Have a seat.” Cindy pointed to the seat near the window. I glanced at Aaron. Aaron caught my eye and leaned forward.

“That’s the hot seat. I’ll be over here.” Aaron told me, nodding toward the couch a few feet away. I nodded and slowly sat down in the chair in front of Cindy. I watched as Cindy pulled out her clipboard and place it in her lap. She clamped her hands together and smiled back at me.

“So….what’s on your mind today, Jesse?”

I took a deep breath and situated myself in the seat. I sat back, feeling really nervous.

“Well…to be honest I didn’t really want to come today. I’ve never done this before.”

“There is nothing to scared of. And it’s understandable, Jesse. I get it all the time. No one wants to talk to a shrink because they don’t want others knowing they have a problem. Just talk to me like I’m a friend. I’m here for you, I’m here for everyone. I’m here to listen, Jesse. When ever you‘re ready.” I nodded, rubbing my hands together. That’s when I realized that I was sweating. I whipped my sweaty hands on my jeans and took another breath.

“ Well, a couple of days ago….my girlfriend…Katie… broke up with me.”

“Was it unexpected or were there signs in the relationship that something was wrong?”

“It was unexpected. Completely unexpected. I didn’t understand and I still don’t.”

“What was her reason?”

“Well…she’s an actress. And she’s just now at the height of her career. She’ll be soon leaving to film her new movie and she’ll be gone for six months. And she told me she didn’t want to be away from me for that long. So…..she ended it.”

“Just like that?”

I nodded, taking a deep breath, “Yeah. The longest we’ve been separated was for four months before. It seemed like she didn’t want to even try. Before we were fine.”

“How long were you two together?”

“Four years.”

Cindy looked up from her clip board, “Really?” I nodded, “So besides being a part for long periods of time, how was your guys relationship when you were together? Where both of you weren’t away and working somewhere.”

“It was…..” I trailed off, when I felt a lump forming in my throat. I wanted to get through this session without crying. I’m going to fail. Cindy handed me some tissues. I thanked her and took them, “It was amazing. Everything was perfect. She was perfect. We never talked about our job. We never had any secrets between each other. I always listened to her when she needed someone to talk to. I rushed to her side everything time she needed me.”

“What about her? Did she return the favor?”

I hesitated for a few seconds, “Not as much as I did. I was there everything she needed me.”

“And she wasn’t there for you when you needed her?”

“When I say that I was always by her side whenever she needed me, I was literally there. If she called with a problem, while I was across the country, I would jump on a plane and get to her. When she needed me I was there no matter where I am and no matter what I was doing.” I shook my head and dabbed at my eyes, “I loved her so much. I gave her my heart, I have gave her my soul, but…..it seemed like she wasn’t returning the favor.”

“She never dropped what she was doing and ran to be by your side when you needed her the most?”

“Most of the time, no.” I said, shaking my head, “But I never thought that much about it. I always forgave her about it. I talked to her about my problem over the phone. But it was never the same as if she was with me. And when she gets home….I don’t bother telling her about it, because I feel like we already talked about it. She never asks me about it either.”

“It seems like Katie showed you unconditional love when she was home with you. But when she was away on location, it seemed like she pushed you to the sideline. Is that how you felt?”

“Absolutely. I felt it all the time. Aaron, even knew that.”

“Have you ever confronted her about the issue?”

I shook my head, “No. I was so madly in love with her, that if she ever told me to get down on my knees for her I would.”

“Or maybe you knew…but you were in denial.”

I shrugged, “On the night she broke up with me…..I was planning on….um….” I let my head fall into my hands, as I choked back a sob. Cindy reached forward and put her hand on my knee.

“What were you planning on doing? Jesse, it’s okay.”

I sat back and took a shaking breath, “I was going to propose to her that night. I went over to the house to surprise her. I told her that I had something to tell her or to ask her, and she said she had to tell me too, so I told her to go first. Sometimes I think if I went first, it would have been different, but I wouldn’t know. I can’t turn back time.”

“Did she seem different that night? Like something was bothering her?”

“If there was….I didn’t notice. I feel so stupid….”

“You are not stupid. Love is blind. You loved Katie and you didn’t regret any of your love that you gave her. What you need to do is talk to Katie. Confront her, demand a better explanation on why she broke it off. Ask her if she was not happy during the relationship. Find out why it didn’t work out. Have you tried calling her or reaching out to her since the breakup?”

“I tried calling her yesterday morning. But all I got was her voice mail.”

“So she’s not answering her phone?”

“No.”

“Don’t give up on that. Keep on trying. Jesse, I want you to come back and see me, okay. I’m am here to help you and I want to keep on doing that. Keep trying to get a hold of her.” I nodded, “I will see you again soon and I want you to take care until then.” I nodded, drying my eyes. I stood up and gave her a hug.
“Thank you for your time, Cindy.”

“Anytime, Jesse. It’s my job to be here for you and that’s what I’m going to do.” I shook her hand and walked over to Aaron.

“Meet me outside, okay.” Aaron told me. I nodded in silence and walked out the door.

“Aaron, thank you for bringing him today.”

“Well, he needed it.” Aaron said, giving her a hug.

“Aaron, I can tell how hurt Jesse is when I saw the look in his eyes when he sat down. I feel like this is going to be a really long process before he starts to heal and understand why this had to happen, and don’t back down. Don’t back down, do your share of helping him and I thank you again for bringing him in.”

“I’m never going to back down. I’m going to be there every step of the way.” Aaron told her. He shook her hand again and left the room.

I pushed myself off the wall, when Aaron came out of Cindy’s office. He walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

“How you feeling?”

I sighed and shook my head, “A little better. It just feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, just by talking and thinking of explanations. But I know this is going to be one hell of a ride, man.”

“I told you it’ll work. And don’t worry about it. I’ll be with you every step of the way.” I nodded, as a tear escaped my eye and slid down my cheek, burning through my skin. Aaron slipped his arms around me, bringing my close. He gave me a hug, only a true friend could give.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8865