Duck N Roll by kevmylove
Summary: Nick is running from a fan and finds an unusual place to hide!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1418 Read: 847 Published: 02/26/08 Updated: 02/26/08

1. Chapter 1 by kevmylove

Chapter 1 by kevmylove

Nick looked around as he panted “Oh come on. Where the hell…” he looked around the alley.

Then spotted the perfect place “If I can just…squeeze in here” he stuck one foot in and then the other and slithered his way into the dark hole. As he heard footsteps get closer he threw the lid on top.

“I should be safe in here” he sighed, leaning back to rest. “All I need is another fan professing her love to me.”

He had been startled by a young fan, who had gotten to close for comfort to him. So he had decided to take a break away from the frantic fans for a while, before going back to the signing. He had heard her squeaky voice convincing the security to let her through.

“Nick…Nick Carter! It’s rude to just run away from someone…when they are trying to tell you something important” the blonde girl looked around the alley, nothing was in sight. She sighed hard as she held her poster and camera in hand and turned around heading back inside.

“I wonder if she is gone? What if she isn’t?” Nick spoke to himself, not realizing that if she had been there, she would have heard him.

Howie stepped out and took a seat on the stairs next to the garbage cans “What kind of dump is this? Seriously…looks like our career is blowing!” he spoke as he ran his fingers through his hair.

Suddenly there was a noise “Who’s there?” Howie asked a little concerned.

“It’s me D.” Nick stuck only his head out “Is she gone?”

Howie looked at him a little confused and startled “Holy moly you want to give me a heart attack man? Is who gone? And what in tarnation are you doing in there?”

“It’s that blondes fault…she tried” he tried pushing himself out of the hole “Uh…yeah”

“What your not making any sense Nick, not like you ever do. But you look like a total moron in there.”

“Thanks D I know I can always count on you when I’m in a jam…literally!”

Howie turned at the sound of footsteps “D don’t say I’m here.” and with that Nick ducked, and pulled the lid back over his head.

“Hey man I was looking for you.” AJ appeared cigarette in his mouth, he stood in front of Howie as he lit it up.

“Oh thought I would get some fresh air” Howie looked around “But I guess there is nothing fresh out here.”

“Where the fuck is fat ass. I’ve been looking for him all over the place and can’t find him. You know we don’t have Kevin here to keep him in line anymore.” AJ puffed his cigarette.

“AJ don’t be so mean…the kid lost weight. Plus you never know he could be hearing you” Howie smirked.

“He lost weight and it all went to his big ass head. I’ll tell it to his face.” AJ grunted.

“Oh yeah AJ” Nick blurted the lid still on top of him.

AJ looked around as startled as Howie had been “Holy fuck! Who said that?”

“I did shit head. I do not have a big head and I’m not fat anymore…I think!” Nick popped his head out again.

“Oh you heard all that? I was just joking. Anyways what the fuck are you doing in there?”

Howie sighed hard “He says there was this blonde that was harassing him…yada yada…and so I guess he was trying to hide and that was the best place he could find.

Howie and AJ suddenly began to laugh hysterically as Nick glared at them, only his head poking out.

“Well there was no other place to go.”

“You…look so stupid! Do you know how your going to reek” AJ teased.

“Nick get out of there already” Howie laughed.

“That is my plan” Nick strained to get himself up, but didn’t mention that his tugs and pulls were in vain. All of a sudden more footsteps were heard.

“Oh shit…she’s coming…don’t give me away!” he ducked.

“Hey ya’ll I’ve been looking for you. I can’t find Nick anywhere. What are you two doing out here?” Brian asked, his hands on his hip.

The twosome just stared at him “You reminded me of Kevin for a second there…no wonder you two are cousins.” AJ mocked Brian.

“Shut up! Well come on let’s head inside.”

“Wait don’t leave me out here.” Nick piped from the can he had managed to squeeze himself into.

“Holy Christ, Nick! What are you doing in there?” Brian made his way towards the can.

“Well…I was being followed so I decided to…” Nick started.

But was cut off by AJ “The idiot thought it would be really smart to hide in a trash can…that stinks like shit!”

“Nicholas.” Brian muttered “Why a trash can?”

“Well I fit. Plus I didn’t have much time to think.” Nick gawked at Howie and AJ.

A man stepped out “You guys are up in five” he informed.

“Well come on get out.” Howie requested as they all began to make their way towards the door.

While Nick stayed in place, his head popping out of the trash can. He tried pushing himself up, but his body didn’t budge and out of the blue the can came crashing down. “Ouch” he mumbled.

“What an idiot” AJ snorted trying to muffle his laughter.

“Well don’t just stand there guys help me out damn it. This is what fans put me through” he sighed heavily hoping that his band mates, hadn’t left him talking to himself.

He shifted his body slightly and then the can began to roll. “Oh shit!” he yelled as he saw the doorway stay behind.

“Now this is some funny shit.” AJ held his stomach as he laughed hard.

“Come on let’s help him.” Brian demanded as he ran towards the can, the others following him.

“We are coming Nick” Howie yelled as he controlled his laughter.

The trash can finally came to a halt and continued to rock back and forth. “This is not good.” Nick said as the trash can was pulled back up. “Oh god I thought I was going to die”

“You should of seen yourself, you looked like a turtle your head bobbing…” AJ continued his laughter.

“Yeah…would of thought you would jump out of there as soon as you started to roll Nick” Howie shook his head.

“I couldn’t ok. I’m…” he began

“You know Nick…with your head sticking out like that you kind of remind me of Oscar the grouch.” now all three were laughing.

“Ha…ha…would you buttheads get me the hell out of here already. I’m stuck and I can’t get out on my own.” he struggled again trying to ignore the laughter in the alley.

“Alright just calm down” Brian, Howie and AJ tugged until he fell out of the can.

“Wow talk about smelling like…” AJ decided not to finish his sentence.

Nick stood dusting himself off, picking off all the food items that were stuck to his clothes. The all walked back in a single line, Brian leading.

“I told you he didn’t lose weight.” AJ whispered to Howie who was last in the line.

“I heard that asshole. Well my weight might have gone to my head, but yours stayed in your fat neck!” Nick stuck out his tongue as a big smile crawled over his face.

AJ looked at him “Good come back…leave my neck out of it. By the way you have a piece of…” but AJ was interrupted by the fans coming up to ask for an autograph.

“Oh man!” Nick muttered as the other guys stared at him. “That’s the blonde” he whispered as she approached him.

“Well just be courteous” Brian insisted.

The blonde stood in front of Nick as he sighed waiting along with the other guys for her to profess her love to him, he figured they all did.

“Hi there Nick. I’m sorry if I…” she started, but Nick cut her off.

“Oh I know you just love me, I’m your favorite…you want to…” now she cut him off.

“Actually Howie is my favorite, but I would love to have a picture.” she smiled as Nick frowned and the others chuckled. “But I just wanted to tell you real bad that you have something green in your teeth and it‘s going to come out in all the pictures.” she smiled innocently.

Brian, Howie and AJ busted out laughing as Nick turned a couple of shades of red, he was only able to mutter “Oh…I did have Spinach Crepes earlier!” he smiled.

The fan posed for a picture with him after he had removed his more than embarrassing left over spinach, she leaned into him and as the picture was taken, she blurted “Wow something seriously smells bad!”

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8871