Obscure Feelings by arokaholic
Summary:

*The sequel to Obscure Smiles*

All he wanted was to be the best father he could be to his daughter but sometimes things go differently than planned and you can only do the best you can. Follow AJ and Adelynn on their journey through life.



Yet again, this was the sequel to Obscure Smiles, and while I don't think it's my best writing by far (I think it's definitely better than Obscure Smiles though)... it still holds a special place in my heart and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. This was written in 2005


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: No Word count: 32867 Read: 63299 Published: 03/25/08 Updated: 06/17/08
Chapter 14 by arokaholic
"I'm sorry, AJ."

I looked up from my magazine that I was reading and faced Kevin, his pleading eyes staring into mine.

"I know ya are," I replied, harshly. More harsh than I wanted it to come out.

Kevin sighed, shrugged, and then took a seat on the end of my hotel bed. "What else do you want me to say?"

I put my magazine down, and stood up from my chair, "I dunno, Kevin.... I just... that's fucked up. She's a four year old little girl. My little girl. And you, of all people, should not make her cry."

"I know. I'm sorry, AJ. I really am. I was having a shitty day, and I didn't mean to come out and yell like that. I knew it was a mistake the second after I raised my voice."

I just nodded. I forgave him... I mean, it wasn't life threatening. No harm was done. Addy had forgotten all about it, so I should too. He was the one who, afterall, had pretty much saved my life. Many times. Back in the day, if it wasn't for Kevin, I probably wouldn't be alive today. So I figured I'd let this go.

"So when did this happen?" Kevin chuckled as he shook his head.

"What happen?" I questioned.

"This," he held his hands out, pointing at me, "You becoming the big brother, the responsible one... giving ME a lecture."

I grinned and shrugged, "Nah, you'll always be the big brother."

"Where's the little one, anyways?"

"Brian's hotel room with Baylee," then I laughed a little bit, "Who would've thought... when we were getting started that it would be like this. When I was the little 15 year old kid, on the road, having a ball, turning into a druggie alcholic and now look at us..."

"I know, it's crazy," Kevin added in.

"We've got two little Backstreet kids on the road with us... you've got a wife and Brian's happily married, and Howie's got a beautiful fiancee."

All the sudden I heard stomps coming through the room and I got up to see Baylee chasing Addy through the suite. She was screaming as she ran along and Baylee made monster noises, following close behind her.

"Woah, woah..." I laughed and ran to go join along in the fun.

I acted like I was going to run into her and she screamed again. All it sounded like was a big giggle fit. I fell on the floor and layed on my back, and Addy crawled on top of me. Then Baylee, who was a pretty big boy, climbed on top of me aswell.

"I got you, Uncle AJ!" he shouted, pretending to punch me. Thank God he was pretending, I laughed.

"Oh, careful, careful," I blocked my crotch from getting any permanent damage from the two monsters themselves.

"Alright, alright....that will be enough, children," I turned my head and saw Brian pretending to be all stern and strict, which I knew he was completely kidding.

He laughed, "Baylee... come on, bud. Stop killin' your uncle AJ, he's too old for that."

Addy and Baylee both jumped off of me and I breathed heavily, "Excuse me... Baylee, you know your daddy there is even older than me."

Baylee pointed at Brian and laughed, and then Brian started tickling him.

I looked at Adelynn, all tired and out of breath from playing her little heart out. I smiled, this is what life was really all about. My family. This, right here, is my life. And I love it.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8913