Once Upon a Night by kevmylove
Summary:

Kevin and Leila have so much in common and forget it all by enjoying a night on the town in sin city.



Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 3754 Read: 2293 Published: 03/26/08 Updated: 03/26/08

1. Chapter 1- You're Kevin by kevmylove

2. Chapter 2- What do you want to do? by kevmylove

Chapter 1- You're Kevin by kevmylove
Author's Notes:

I had a similar dream to this and it gave me the idea... *sigh* for those that read already I just split the chapter into two, cause i know when I see a story with a chapter that long...i seriously get lazy. LOL

Kevin sighed heavily as he made way into his room, the flight had been short. He was a little frustrated and drained from the news he had given the rest of the guys two weeks ago, he knew they weren’t so happy about it, but he had other plans for his life.

“Hey I was thinking that maybe we could stay in” hugs Kristen from behind “Maybe keep working on making a baby” he smiles.

She turns abruptly “Is that all you think about? Sex? I mean we are in Vegas on business Kevin, not pleasure. I have to work all night for the CSI show. Maybe tomorrow night we can go out have some dinner, walk around.” she takes a seat on the bed.

Startled look “Well I thought that…”

She stands up and waves arms “Yeah…yeah…that we were going to make babies once we were here. Look I know that you left the group, against my wishes, because you want to have a baby and we’ve been at it for months and nothing happens. So how about you give me a break.”

“Kristen I’ve been waiting for you to be ready for quite a while. Your avoiding this by getting more nad more work. Just be up front and tell me that you don’t want a child.” he stands hands in the air.

“Fine! I’m not ready to be a mother, or to stop my career. Your so selfish Kevin. Just cause your ready doesn’t mean I am. Ok!”

“Well I can’t wait for ever Kris…we aren’t getting any younger are we. I’m going for a walk.” He grabs his coat, and a pair of sunglasses and slams the door behind him.

Leila Held the tray with one hand as she made way towards the bar, she looked at her watch “Oh my gosh I have to clock out or they will be on my ass.” she blurted as she threw the tray in a pile and speedily made her way through the casino to clock out.

She stood at her locker thinking about changing. She hated the Bellagio cocktail waitress outfit, it was short, tight and plain ugly, but cocktail waitress was the only thing that paid decently according to her.

Leila had just moved to Vegas with her fiancé James, who worked at a bank as a store manager. They were saving to get married sometime this year, but had been trying to get pregnant for quite a while now, and were having no luck.

She pulled her sweatshirt over her head and through her arms, and then slipped on her jeans. She let down her dark brown hair and slapped on some of her chap stick. Her travel was always long, the couple only had one car and since James worked further away, she either took the bus or walked to and from work.

Suddenly a crackle was heard through the sky, she looked up and muttered to herself “All I need” making her way through the crowd of people she leaned against the wall, waiting for the fountain show at the Bellagio to start, everyday after work she stood there watching the water lift so high.

In an awkward way, it made her feel as if the stress from work and whatever was going on with her and James seem to lift out of her with the water. James and her had been having issues, knowing that one of them could be sterile really put a damp in their relationship and personal self esteem. She sighed hard.

As it began someone stood close to her, being so intrigued with the show, she didn’t even turn to glance at the person. “Wow never really stopped to look at this place in the day” he said hoping someone would respond.

Leila turned to look and met a pair of green eyes “Oh…yeah it’s beautiful now, but it can’t top the night show.” she smiled as she moved a strand of her hair from her face to the back of her ear. The wind was now picking up.

“You know your right. I’m guessing that you’ve seen that one many times too? Are you here on business or pleasure?” he smiled back at her.

She studied him for a second and then answered with a question “Uh am I crazy or are you…Kevin?” without thinking he leaned into her and covered her mouth with his hand. “Don’t say that again. Please” he demanded politely as he removed his hand from her mouth.

“Well I guess I’m right. What in gods name are you doing here? I mean you could be…I don’t know.” she asked him as the sky began to drizzle “Oh man! Like I don’t have to walk home. Well got to go!” she began to walk away.

Kevin walked after her “Wait can I walk with you? Or better yet, lets have coffee…anywhere you want.” he asked a wide smile on his face.

She looked at him “You want to hang out with me? Coffee leads to many things Mr. Richardson and I know that your married.”

He chuckled “Yeah I know, but that’s only in the movies. You must watch lots of romance then huh?”

She rolled her eyes playfully “Fine I’ll go, since you look desperate for a friend…no…uh…someone to talk to” she smiled as she inspected him again. “Is he with you?” she looked at the rather large man behind Kevin.

“Yeah he’s my bodyguard. Sorry I can’t come out here and…” he was suddenly cut off by a young girl asking for his autograph, he signed and hugged the girl.

“I see why!”

“Come on I know the perfect place” they walked side by side towards the Paris hotel, as the rain never came and the drizzling vanished. She entered the place wiping her sweaty hands on her jeans, she hated the fancy hotels, it always felt as if the people were looking down on her. “We are here Le Café Île St. Louis, it’s a nice place.”

She backed up, bumping into the bodyguard “Sorry” she mumbled “I can’t go in there, it’s all fancy and well” she looked at herself.

“What your kidding right? You look fine, anyways most of these people are to involved in themselves to pay attention to your looks.” he paused for a second.

“Oh thanks” she groaned

“That came out wrong but I meant…" he stumbled over his words.

"what about that mob over there?” she pointed at the small group of girls eyeing them.

He smiled “That's what John's for...we will be safe, if you decide to go to the café.” once again she rolled her eyes and entered trailing behind him.

Everyone treated him like royalty, it was as if they had known him for so long. He had just stepped in the place, and she could here the whispers and giggles. “You know they are probably asking themselves what the heck your doing with a stranger?”

“No one cares what I do anymore” he leaned over and whispered “I am no longer a Backstreet Boy.” she was puzzled and he told her his long story, of how he had quit to start a family with Kristen but that everything was so hard for them.

"So they brought the Chicago show here for a couple of months and I've been offered a part, but I don't know...there is nothing here for me to stay."

Leila smiled "Right at the Bellagio I heard about it."

"Oh right you work there...thats cool"

Leila told him about her life with James and how their incapacity to have a baby was affecting their relationship. They were both taken over with excitement to know they actually had something in common with each other. Three cups of coffee later the sun had gone down and they made their way out.

“Well I must get going” she said as they exited the place, Kevin stopped to take some pictures and give autographs. “Thanks for the coffee”

He looked at her with a desperate look “Well can’t you just hang out a little longer, do you know how much there is to do here? I mean…”

She came close to him “This would be a dream come true to any girl.” she looked around at the some of the girls standing dumbly. “But I really have to get home, I’m usually home by the time James gets there.”

He grabbed her hand “Hope there is no paparazzi around…but listen just hang out with me for two more hours and then I’ll give you a ride home” he waited.

“Kevin…” her phone vibrated in her pocket “Fine…your so persuasive.” she smiled letting his hands go and answering the phone.

Kevin continued signing and posing with the fans as she yelled into the phone “You can never understand…well I’ll walk home. Bye!” she stuffed the phone into her pocket angrily.

“Uh I’m guessing that didn’t go well? I’m sorry…”

“It’s not you it’s him. He is just so angry lately. Makes me have second thoughts. Well come on Mr. Richardson…show me your world.”

He smiled as the big man followed behind them hoping into a Lincoln. Their first stop was at a boutique where she was able to enjoy trying on rich people clothes, they made fun of the outfits and then headed to the next store and the next.

“To think I wish for this kind of life sometimes.” she laughed as she placed the overgrown hat with a weird flower on it over her head. “How do I look?”

“Foofoo!” she smacked him and they went on down the strip “Oh come on we have to go there” he grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the New York casino.

“Oh no…I’m not doing that. No!” she stood looking at the line for the famous roller coaster above the New York casino.

“To late I have the tickets” they hopped in and were tied down they looked at each other and laughed as they looked at their nervous expressions “It’s going to be fun” he shouted.

“If I die…I’m going to come back and haunt you” she laughed nervously, he took her hand in his as the ride took off. They laughed the whole round, a few screams escaping Leila.

After they headed down the strip in the Lincoln “So what would you like to do?” he turned to her and asked “Don’t be shy, cost is not an issue today.”

She blushed “Well…I would…like to see LOVE. I’ve asked James to take me, and he says it has nothing to do with the money, but…he just…”

Kevin finished her sentence “Doesn’t like it, it’s not his thing. Yeah she says that too…of course that is now. We used to do so many things together. But anyways…it’s done. Mirage please” he ordered the driver.

Once there he looked at his watch “Oh shit, it’s 6:45 and it starts at 7” he gasped “Uh are you up for a run”

Leila looked at a him a worried look on her face “I haven’t ran since high school which was a while back” but he didn’t give her a chance to think, before she knew it she was flying through the casino dashing through people.

To Leila’s surprise someone was already waiting for them with their tickets. They quietly made their way to their seats in the front, she looked around excited, she had heard so much about the show.

They both watched intently as the songs played and the performers did their acrobatics. A few tears escaped her eyes, never had she seen something so meaningful and touching. He smiled knowing that he was making one person happy, even if it was for a day or just a couple of hours.

The show was over and they made way back to the casino. She sighed wishing that she could rewind and watch it again.

“So what else you want to do.” he stood his hands in his pocket, she stared at his green eyes.

“I want to go dancing…It’s already 9 and your dressed for the occasion and well I have a tie up shirt under my sweater. What do you say?” she smiled waiting for his response.

Kevin paused for a second and then he agreed “Okay let’s go…” He slipped off his jacket, a black button shirt under, Leila following by taking off her sweater, a floral designed tie up shirt under.

She smiled nervously “You never know what’s going to happen, I can’t always look like crap”

“I didn’t say anything” they were off to the club. “Studio 54 is more low key…” They passed the securities like nothing and were soon enjoying a drink each. “Oh man it’s seventies night” he frowned.

She laughed as ‘More than a Woman’ played in the background “Come on I know you can dance that” she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the dance floor, he took her hands in his and they began to dance a two step, as they paced around the dance floor. He placed her hands around his neck and then wrapped his around her waist, while not missing a step. She smiled widely as he looked into her eyes.

The song slowly came to an end as everyone continued to dance, when suddenly he leaned in and kissed her. Her smiled turned into a frown and she bolted out of the club. He ran after her and found her by the door.

He stood next to her “Why did you do that?” she looked up at him, a couple of tears had fallen. “You can’t just do that…I…your…we just can’t” she wiped the tear angrily.

Kevin sighed heavily “I’m sorry I don’t know what came over me. Please forgive me.” he cautiously placed a hand on her shoulder “I’ll take you home” she nodded. “Oh man…wait…I have to go to my room and get something real quick. Uh you can come with me.” he gave her a sincere look.

“Well what about your wife? I’ll just wait here…” she crossed her arms and took a seat at a machine.

“My wife isn’t there, so what do you say.”

“Mr. Richardson I’m only going cause I want you to hurry up and take me home. James is going to be having a fit tonight. I’ve never been this late in my life.” she mumbled all the way up to the room.

They reached the room and when they entered she was startled to find an empty room. “Where are your things?” she asked a little panic in her voice.

“I lied…this isn’t my room. I’m actually staying at the Bellagio. Please don’t be mad. I just don’t want this night to end.” he waited.

“Kevin Richardson, just because you’re a hot Backstreet Boy doesn’t mean that I’m going to…fall for all this. I mean my life is ok.” she huffed angrily making her way to the door. “I’m leaving” she shouted.

Kevin sat on the bed “Is that really what you want?” he raised his eyebrows.

Leila paused for a second staring at the door, deep down she knew that it was all wrong, but her body was telling her that it was going to be good. She abruptly turned around and ran slamming into him and onto the bed.

He kissed her passionately as she kissed him back, still on top of him. He turned her over, now he was on top and slipping his hands under her shirt. Lifting her slightly to pull the it over her head. Leila unbuttoned his shirt and let it fall off of his strong shoulders.

She smiled, as she pulled him in for another kiss. They continued kissing as they unzipped each others pants. “Turn the light off” she asked still pressed against his lips.

“Why?” he stared at her “I want to see it all…it’s not fun in the dark.” he raised his eyebrows as he slowly took the rest of her clothes off.

She felt her stomach in knots and somewhat awkward with the light, James had always asked to have them off. They were finally bare and under the sheets. He had now slipped in between her body and she could feel how she was making him feel against her inner thighs.

Leila moaned as he entered her, and slowly gained rhythm. Kevin smiled as he watched her close her eyes and arch her back with pleasure. He didn’t want to think about his wife at the time, but he couldn’t help remember how much they had enjoyed love making, before wanting a baby, now it was predictable and almost a task.

They let themselves go, not worrying about what would happen tomorrow.

Chapter 2- What do you want to do? by kevmylove

Hours later Leila awoke a little disoriented, she looked around confirming that she was in a hotel room and that, indeed Kevin Richardson was sitting up only a sheet around his naked mid section, right next to her.

“Hey there” he almost whispered, a little shame beaming from his eyes.

She turned to face him pulling the sheet over her bare breast “I don’t know what to say” she asked unable to avoid the blushing of her cheeks.

He smiled moving her wavy hair from her face “Nothing…how about we say nothing, we just walk out of this room. Let this whole night be a wonderful memory. I don’t regret it…I’m just a little surprised at myself…and well I…”

“You…I’ve never done anything like this…but only you and I” she suddenly remembered the bodyguard, there was no way that he didn’t know. “Ok and the big man standing outside like a watch dog.”

He chuckled as he began to dress. “Alright. I’ll leave first. Leila…I had the best time.” he stood his pants showing his pelvic muscles.

She stared for a second and then returned her gaze to his green eyes. “Yeah me too. Thanks for everything. Really!”

He walked towards her buttoning up his shirt, “Here I got you this” he took out a charm bracelet from his pocket “I threw out the box, but I got a charm from every place we went to tonight. Well John outside did.”

“Wow…it’s beautiful. Thank you!” she smiled as she slipped it on. “Oh you got me a LOVE one"

He looked at her confused "What?"

"LOVE th show!" she blushed "Here it’s not a big thing but my mother gave it to me when she died.”

He held the diamond earring in his hand “Thanks…I wish I didn’t have to go…but we must go back to reality.” He kissed her again. “I might see you around” he whispered in her ear and headed out the door.

That night they were late, and questioned, but not one or the other mentioned a word of what had happened. Each one coming up with totally different explanations of why they had been late. Their partners not suspicious of anything.

A month had gone by since her encounter with the famous ex Backstreet Boy. Ever since that night she hadn‘t been able to be comfortable with James again. “Shit…” Leila muttered to herself as she held the little stick with two pink lines. “What am I going to say? How will I tell James…” she paced back and forth in the bathroom “What if I look for him? No I can’t do that…that would be weird. I haven‘t even seen him around.” she bit her nails.

Leila decided she would be honest with James, that would be the only way to find out who’s it was. She stuffed the test and the box in her purse and sat on the sofa to wait for her husband to be. She flipped on the TV and turned to the Entertainment gossip channel.

As she was going to flip again, Kevin’s face was shown, she jumped out of her seat and stared at the TV “Holy shit” she gasped as they gave the news that he and his wife were expecting and that Kevin had taken the job at the Bellagio for the show Chicago, starting soon.

She jumped at the sound of the door closing “Hey honey…” James shouted, “Hey you look like you saw a ghost. You ok?” he asked holding a envelope in his hands.

He kissed her lightly and looked at the TV. “Damn about time that faggot had a baby, he was going to be in a senior home and still looking for someone to have his children.”

James laughed at his own joke, while Leila still stood frozen. “James I have something to tell you..”

“Look before you say anything I would like to give you some bad news. I feel awful about it” he started now looking down at the floor, while they congratulated Kevin on the TV again. “Leila…it’s me…”

Her mouth dropped, as her heart shot out of her chest and back in “You…it’s you…what?” she stuttered hoping he wouldn’t say what she thought he was going to say.

“Leila it’s me…I’m sterile. I can’t have babies honey. I’m so sorry…we can check into other options.” he stood enveloping her into a hug and patting her back.

She still stared at the TV, an inevitable smile across her face “OH SHIT”

Kevin bowed as the crowd cheered, he smiled content of his new life.

Kristen ran and kissed him “Oh I’m so proud of you, you look great out there honey” she smiled widely.

“Thanks…so how you feeling?” he asked looking down at her stomach, he had waited for so long and now, he didn’t seem as happy as he should have been.

“All day sickness and swelling but I’m feeling good. So you think you can adjust to the Bellagio now?”

He stared at nothing a big grin on his face “I’ve been adjusted since that first night I took a walk.”

Seven months later…

Leila held the tray in hand, now more than ever she felt uncomfortable with the rather short dress. Her belly made it even tighter. She had come clean with James, sending him into a crazy frenzy and kicking her out instantly, of course never letting him know who the mystery man was.

She sighed as she saw a group of people bunched up at the entrance of the hotel. “Can you believe it’s him in the lobby” another waitress passed by and gasped excitedly.

Kevin looked around a crowd of people suffocating him, Kristen holding his hand, her belly also showing. He looked into the distance locking eyes with a familiar gaze.

Leila’s heart flipped as she locked eyes with the familiar pair of green eyes, a smile crept across her face, but faded quickly as she saw his wife standing next to him. But still got the courage to wave at him, her charm bracelet jingling as she did.

He smiled as he watched her slowly walk away, he kept an eye on her stomach and smiled “Now I’ll have two” he whispered as he continued to smile.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8914