The Laboratory by squirrels_scare_me
Summary: Dr. Alexander McLean has an assistant to help him in his laboratory.
His latest experiment involves a rabid, gay squirrel.
The unexpected happens on a trecharous, stormy night.
Read on, to find out what happens!

~~~~FOR THE APRIL CHALLENGE!!~~~~


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie, Nick
Genres: Alternate Universe, Science Fiction
Warnings: Death, Graphic Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1027 Read: 687 Published: 04/05/08 Updated: 04/05/08

1. The Laboratory by squirrels_scare_me

The Laboratory by squirrels_scare_me
The dark midnight sky streaked with lightning as rain came crashing down to the ground. Violent winds swirled around my legs as I stepped from my car. I jumped at the sound of another loud boom from above. This treacherous weather had been carrying on for days and had caused massive destruction to the city. Battling the heavy winds, I slowly made my way to the laboratory doors. I pushed open the door that read Dr. Alexander J. McLean and made my way into the building.

“Youuu aaare laaaaaate,” he grumbled at me.

“S…Sorry,” I stuttered as I stripped off my jacket. “The weather is…it’s horrible.”

“Theeee weather iiiis peeeeerfeeeect,” he smirked as he rubbed his hands together. Machines around the room hummed and buzzed. We had been working on the same project for months. I was the Dr.’s assistant and had been pulling long hours to help him.

“How is it coming?”

“IIIIIIT’S AAAALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!” he tossed his head back laughing loudly.

“Well, I know that. How is the CLONING coming?”

“Oh thaaaaat,” his look became serious once again. “We aaaaare cloooose…veeeeery clooooose!” I saw something in his eyes. There was this look that I had never seen before and I couldn’t explain what it was.

“What do you want me to do?” I questioned.

“Cheeeck thoooose wiiiiires,” he said pointing to the right side of the cloning booth. I gave him a questioning look as I headed over to where the wires were sticking out.

“Hey there Bub,” I said softly to the squirrel that was already closed in the booth.

“Doooon’t taaalk to theee squirrel. He wiiiill seduuuuuce yoooou,” his eyes were wide as he gave me a cocky grin. For whatever reason, the Dr. was convinced that the squirrel was gay. Is that even possible? I mean the thing was rabid so it would, naturally, not act normal. I rolled my eyes, who ever heard of a rabid, gay squirrel?

“Why do you think Bub is gay, Dr.?” I knew I shouldn’t ask, but I couldn’t help it.

“I seeeee the waaay he looooooks at meee.” Right. Because that makes PERFECT sense! I sighed and shook the thought my head.

“Okay, the wires are all okay. What now?”

“Oooopen the door to the booooth and cheeeeeck our gay suirreeeeel,” he snorted a few times.

“But you just said…”

“Juuuust doooo iiiiiit,” he interrupted.

“Okay,” I shrugged and opened the door. Just as I placed my hand on the squirrel’s back, I heard a spark, followed by a horribly loud wizzing.

“MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!” he cackled raising his hands in the air. I could see him from the corner of my eyes as a weird electric pulse ran through my veins. My body jolted as if I were in some type of seizure. After, what seamed like, several minutes of the uncontrollable jerking, it finally stopped. My body went limp as I collapsed on the floor. I lost consciousness for a while.

“Wha…what ha…happened?” I questioned as I finally came to.

“Iiiiit is compleeeeeeete!” he answered. He began laughing in that creepy tone again as he handed me a small mirror. Hesitantly, I took it and gasped as I saw my reflection.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?” I screamed loudly as I tried to get up. Looking down at my body confirmed what the mirror showed me. I was now only half human!! The other half of me was a damn gay squirrel! “WHAT THE FUCK!”

“Yoooou have beeeeeen a goooooood assiiiistant,” his eyes were bulging as he tilted his head from one side to the other. That’s it! I have HAD it with this guy! Adrenaline coursed through me as I lunged toward him.

“YOU TWISTED FUCK!” I shouted before latching my teeth onto his leg. Violently shaking my head from one side to the other, I tore the flesh from the calf of his leg. He struggled against me and caused me to loose my grip.

“Yoooou are miiiiiiine,” he said as he stood back up.

“Screw you!” I responded as I made another lunge as him. I grabbed a hold of his hand, letting my teeth rip two of his fingers right off. I spit them out onto the ground before attacking him again. This time my hands wrapped around his neck as my teeth sank into the side of his face.

I had no control over my actions…was this the rabies taking over? I obviously, must share the disease now that I am one with the squirrel. My thoughts were consumed with the need to maul the man that was, now, on the floor bleeding immensely.

“STOOOOOOP YOU CRAAAAZY BEEEEEAST!” he screamed a plea for mercy and I heard him but I could not make myself listen. Before I knew what was happening, I bit into his neck, piercing his jugular. I saw fear flicker in his eyes as his body went limp. I looked at the mangled body that lay in a large pool of blood and I knew what I had to do. Rummaging through the Dr.’s cabinets, I started swallowing every pill and liquid that I could find. Who knows what I would do or who I would hurt next, if I continued to live! It was only a few minutes before everything began to haze over and I felt my body fall to the floor.

“Yo, D.?” I faintly heard someone call. “Howie? HOWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”

“AAAAAAAAAAH!!!” I screamed as my eyes snapped open. I frantically looked over my body.

“Dude, are you okay? You are sweating like a fuckin pig, man!” I looked up and jumped at the sight of A.J.’s face only a foot away from mine!

“GET AWAY FROM ME YOU SICK FUCK!” I screamed as I scrambled out of my seat.

“Huh? Howie…” A.J. called after me as I bolted from the room.

“Damn, that must have been one hell of a fuckin dream,” I heard Nick chuckle.

“Dream? Whoa…” I said to myself quietly. That WAS one hell of a fuckin dream!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8939