Last Night You Saved My Life by JennayHeartsNick
Summary:

She was at the end of her rope. He was at the end of his. Totally different ends of the spectrum of the rope but the end still the same. Then fate steps in....

 

 

This is my first attempt at a fan fic and it's a song fic. I wrote this in about 4 hours. Please leave feedback. I want to be able to improve my writing. Please be honest. Any critisism is welcome.


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 5450 Read: 1238 Published: 04/29/08 Updated: 04/29/08

1. Chapter 1 by JennayHeartsNick

Chapter 1 by JennayHeartsNick

“Last Night You Saved My Life”

“That’s it!! I’ve have enough!  I can’t do this anymore!” she yelled at her reflection in the mirror.  She sat down hard on her bed and began to cry...again.  She as getting so tired of this.  The crying.  She just wanted the pain to stop. Right then, at that moment, she’d made a decision.  Oh, she’s thought about it many times before but never had the guts to go thru with it.  But tonight, tonight she was going to do it.  Why the hell not?  No one would even notice she was gone.  Not what little family she had or the useless excuse of a boyfriend she had.  Yes, her mind was made up..

She got up from her bed and padded to the tiny bathroom.  Bending over the sink, she splashed some cold water on her face and then took a good long look at herself in the mirror.  Yep, she was gonna do it.  She wiped her face dry and walked out of her bathroom though  her bedroom and into the kitchen.  She started tidying up her dinky apartment.   She wanted everything to be spotless, not that it really mattered.  As she was vacuuming the living room, she was thinking out how she would do it.  The perfect plan came into her mind.  But first, what she wanted to do is go out dancing.  She loved dancing and maybe a few drinks would help her accomplish her mission tonight. 

She put the vacuum away and then went to her closet to pick out the perfect outfit.  She didn’t own a lot of clothes and they certainly weren’t the latest fashion, save one dress.  She had a pretty decent figure, flattering actually, but she just didn’t see it.  She saw herself as plain and dumpy looking.  But this dress, it made her feel pretty when she wore it.  It was her favorite color too, a dark green.  It was sleeveless and made her look like she had more boobs than she had.  She liked that fact.  It was tight at the waist, form fitting then flaring out at the bottom just above her knees. It was glittery and beautiful.  She first saw it in the window of the Goodwill store and couldn’t believe someone wanted to get rid of such a beautiful dress.  She had walked inside and knew it was destiny when she saw that it was her size.  She walked out of the store with a huge smile on her face, bag in hand.

She gingerly took the dress out of her closet and removed it from its garment bag.  She just stood there, fingering the material for a few moments with a light smile on her face.  She’d only wore it once before and she’d rather forget the time she did.  She went back in her bathroom, took a quick shower, sudsing up her hair really good and then rinsed it out .  She stepped out of the shower and toweled herself dry. The then slipped into her strapless bra and slinkiest panties she owned.  Then stepping to the mirror, she started carefully applying her makeup.  She rarely wore makeup but tonight, this occasion, called for it.  Then she did her hair.  She’d always hated her hair.  So tonight, she just pulled it up haphazzardly letting some fall out of the ponytail.  When she was happy with with she’d done, she went to retrieve her dress.  She stepped into it and slipped it up over her legs and wiggled the rest of the way into it.  She zipped it up with a bit of awkwardness since the zipper was in the back and it fit like a silk glove. Finally, she stepped in front of her full length mirror and gazed at her reflection with a bit of sadness.  She slipped into her shoes, grabbed her clutch purse and stepped outside her apartment door and shut it.  Sliding the key into the keyhole she felt a wave of sadness.  Small as it was, this had been her home for the last two years.  It was her’s and her’s alone.  Shaking away the sad thoughts she turned and went down the hall and down the steps to the curb to hail a cab. 

She had decided to go to one of the most popular clubs in NYC.  But first, she made a pitstop at the nearest ATM.  She proceeded to withdraw every last penny in her account, a grand total of $630.  Then she went to stand in the line for Club Rebel.  She’s always wanted to go here but would never go because it was an upscale club and very expensive.  But tonight was a special occasion. She finally made it to the front of the line and the bouncer asked to see her ID.  She fished her wallet out of her clutch.  Looking at her ID, the big, burly bouncer nodded and handed it back to her. 

“What’s a pretty little thing like you doing here all alone?” he asked. 

She hint of blush rose to her cheeks.  “It’s a special night for me.  I’m celebrating.”

“What are you celebrating?” he asked.

“Life” she said simply.

He just nodded again and she made her way into the club.  It was jumping by this time, music blaring, people dancing on the many floors the club offered.  She glanced up a flight of stairs and seen that it was the VIP section.  The attendant at the foot of the stairs looked to be no more than legal age to be in the bar.  He was very young indeed.  She had an idea.  She walked as sexy as she could up to him and waved a hundred dollar bill in front of his face. 

“Hunny, do you mind if I sit up there for a little while?” she purred in his ear.

The young man, Paul his nametag said, looked at her with wide eyes, then snatched the bill from her hand.  He placed his hand on the small of her back guiding her around the velvet rope that separated them. He gave her a goofy, twisted smile and she leaned up and gave him a peck on the cheek for a reward.  Paul just blushed, stuffed the $100 bill in his pocket and went back to his post. 

She made her way up the rest of the stairs and weaved her way though a maze of tables and chairs until she came upon a unoccupied table with two chairs that was right up against the metal railing of the balcony.  It had a perfect view of the dance floors.  She sat her clutch on the table and just as she seated herself a waiter appeared at her side. 

“Good evening ma’m, my name is Doug and I will be your server tonight.  Can I get you a glass of champagne?  It is Saturday and for ladies,  as your beautiful yourself, it is free until midnight.”

She had never tasted champagne before but she was up for trying something new. 

“Yes, please, that would be wonderful, thank you” she told Doug. 

Doug wrote down her order and table number and headed off though the maze and disappeared.  She sat there gazing out over the dance floor.   The people were dancing to the latest song to top the charts.  She was bobbing along to the music, getting into the song when Doug reappeared with her order.  He sat the glass down in front of her on a napkin.

“This is our finest.  I’m sure it will meet your approval.”

“Thank you” she said giving him a shy smile.

She raised the glass to her lipstick lips and took a sip.  It was sweet, tingly.  The bubbles tickled her nose and she giggled.  Little did she know she her every move was bing watched.

He sat back in his booth.  The same as every other night he goes out, he was surrounded by women.  It was getting old.  It had been for a while.  As he sat, listening to yet another boring story from the bottle blond with her breasts pouring out of her dress beside him he’d seen her enter the VIP room.  She had literally taken his breath away for a moment.  Which perplexed him a bit because this woman was not one he usually was attracted to.  She was about 5'6" he guessed but she was wearing heels.  Her long, cinnamon colored hair, a color he’s never seen before,  was half swept up in a ponytail with tendrils curling to frame her face.   Not a size 0 but a healthy figure. But, he noticed, there was something very sad about this woman.  He had no idea what it was. 

As he sat and watched her, noticing the obvious first time she’s tasted champagne, he smiled to himself.   She sat her glass down and gazed out over the dance floor again.  He couldn’t take it anymore.  He raised to his feet, much to the irritation of the girl beside him, and started his journey over to her table. 

As he reached her table, she did not take notice of his presence.  She was totally swept up in the people on the dance floor and swaying to the slow music.

She sighed to herself.  Watching all the couples dance close together and suddenly became very forlorn.  Why couldn’t that ever be her she wondered.  Suddenly, she had the feeling she wasen’t along anymore.  This strong pull, this presence was all around her.  The turned and there was one of the most handsome men she’d ever seen was standing next to her table, looking a bit flustered, like a small child that had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  She was taken aback at his beauty, yes beauty.  Not many men deemed the word beautiful but this one was.  Her breath caught in her throat for a moment. 

Recovering slowly he spoke.

“Is this seat taken?’ he asked.

“Ummmm” she stumbled, having no clue what to do.  She had come out tonight not expecting to meet anybody but to just be alone.  But something about this man, the look in his beautiful eyes, she couldn’t say no.  “No, its not.” she said.  He pulled out the unoccupied chair across from her and sat down. 

“Hi, my name is Nick” he said. 

“Hello, nice to meet you Nick, my name is Gabrielle, Gabby”. 

“Nice to meet you Gabby” Nick said.  “Are you hear all alone?” he asked. 

“Yes” Gabby said shyly. She wasn’t quite sure why this man was sitting at he table.  More than likely he just felt sorry for this homely looking girl sitting all alone.  She didn’t need his pity but something about him pulled at her. 

Nick was totally taken aback. Never before in his life has ever been drawn to a person.  And believe him, he’s met plenty of people, women, in is lifetime.  He was at a total loss for words. 

For Gabby, she just sat there dumbfounded.  She wasn’t sure what to say or do.  But there was this incredible pull coming from this man.  She’d never felt anything like it before.

Nick felt a jolt and then rose from his seat and extended his hand to her.  “Care to dance?” he asked.

Gabby just stared at his hand for a moment not knowing what to do.  Should she go with him?  Should she refuse the nice gesture?  She figured, “what the hell” in her mind.  She stood up and took his hand.  Nick began leading her away from the table.  As they passed the table he came from, she noticed the stares and a few dirty looks from the women sitting at the table.  She didn’t know what their problem was but at the moment, she didn’t care. 

Nick lead her down the stairs carefully and then out on the main dance floor.  People seemed to move out of the way as they entered the floor.  This had her curious as to why.  Before she could think of it any longer, Nick grabbed her arms and wrapped them around his shoulders as he wrapped his around her waist.  Nothing was said between the two of them.  They just swayed to the music together with Gabby’s check pressed against his shoulder 

Nick closed his eyes, and rested his head on top of her her’s.  The sweet fragrance of lilacs filled his nostrils.  He had always loved that scent. He felt such a connection to this person.  He couldn’t explain it if he tried. 

Gabby felt the same way.  As she rested her head the smell of his cologne soothed her.  The smell of man mixed in with it.   

They danced until the end of the song and then another fast song started.  They pulled apart and just gazed into each other’s eyes.  Nick grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the exit. 

Gabby had no idea what was happening, but she followed Nick eagerly she found.  Her thoughts of earlier this evening entered her head. No, she shouldn’t be doing this.  She had made her plans for tonight and fully intended to carry them out.  But this man who had ahold of her wrist at the moment had her fully under some kind of spell.  He was almost magical.  She shook her head. No, this isen’t happening to her.  This NEVER happened to her.  But God help her she liked the feeling.  It warmed her.  He warmed her.  She’d never experienced anything like this in her life.  Little did she know, the same thoughts were racing though Nick’s mind as well.  “What the hell am I doing?” he asked himself mentally.  But he couldn’t stop himself.  It just felt right. 
Nick held up his hand to hail a cab.  It didn’t take very long for one to pull up right in front of them.  Nick opened the door and stepped back offering for her to get in.  Gabby just looked at him then the cab and complied.  Nick hurriedly got in after her and shut the door. 

“What’s your address?” he asked.      

Gabby naturally assumed they were going to his place. She didn’t want to go back to her dinky, drab apartment. 

“Can’t we go to your place?” she asked. 

“I’d rather not.  There’s always tons of fans in the lobby and I’m not in the mood to deal with that or put you though that”. 

Gabby sat stunned.  Who the hell was this guy? she thought to herself.

Nick seen the stunned look on her face and chuckled to himself.  How refreshing.  Someone who truly didn’t know who he was.  He turned to look her in the eye

“You really don’t know who I am do you?’ he asked.

“No, I don’t.  Should I?” Gabby said.

“Well” said Nick, “have you heard of the group The Backstreet Boys?”

Gabby about sucked all the air out of the cab with her gasp. 

Nick prayed that this wouldn’t ruin what seemed to be happening between them.  Gabby didn’t fail him. 

“Yes, I’ve heard of them.  I liked their music but never had the chance to really be a big fan.  The way my life has been....” she trailed off. 

She got that look on her face again, that forlorn look she had at the club.  Nick didn’t know what to do but he hated that look on her face.  He gently put his arm around her and pulled her to him. 

“About your address” he said noticing the cabbie getting a bit ansy in the front seat.

“Oh” she said, “Um, 1215 Euclid Boulevard please.” she said.  The cabbie pulled out into the rush of traffic.

They sat in the back of the cab, wordless.  Nothing ever seemed to be said between them.  But the communication was astounding.  The understanding welcome. 

Within 15 minutes the cab pulled up in front of Gabby’s apartment building.  Nick threw some bills at the cabbie and climbed out offering her his hand as he stood up.  She took it and climbed out.  Gabby gazed up at her building.  She never thought she’d see it again.  The feelings were mixed. 

She lead Nick up the stairwell and around the corner to her door.  She ruffled though her clutch for her keys.  Once found, she put the key in the lock and turned it.  She opened the door and stepped inside.  She looked around her tiny apartment, almost ashamed of it.  Here she was with a famous person in this dingy looking place.  She was sure her place could easily fit inside his hotel room.  Nick walked in behind her and removed his shoes at the door.  Then proceeded further inside looking around. 

“This looks cosy” he said. “You live here by yourself then” he asked.

“Yes, just me” she answered. 

Nick turned suddenly and had the strongest urge to kiss her.  The look on his face, Gabby knew exactly what he was thinking and was thinking the same as he was.  She dropped her clutch on the couch and they stepped together.  They wrapped their arms around each other and slowly, so painfully slowly, their lips nearer each other and finally met in a firey kiss.  It about jolted both of them off their feet.  Never in either’s lives had something felt so right, so warm, so comforting, so complete.

Never in her 25 years had Gabby felt this way.  And neither in his 28 years.  They stood there in the living room and kissed and sucked and explored each other mouths.  Nick’s fingers found the zipper of her dress and started tugging at it.  Gabby’s fingers started working on his belt.  Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion for both of them. 

Gabby pulled away and started to walk away.  Nick was about to protest when she put a single finger to his beautifully shaped lips that were made for kissing.  She just took his hand and lead him to the bedroom.  Once there she turned back into his awaiting arms and started on the buttons of his shirt.  Nick started nibbling on her neck and she sighed in bliss.  Nick finished the zipper and the dress fell into a puddle on the floor.  He just stood there and gazed at her.  She was beautiful.  Full figured, round perky breasts just begging for attention.   He slipped his hand behind her and expertly undid the clasp of her bra.  As it fell to the floor he took one rosy nipple into his mouth and began to suck gently, using gentle pressure between his teeth to nip at her.  Gabby sucked in a breath.  Her experience with sex was man’s pleasure alone.  She didn’t even know what it was like to orgasm during sex.  That was a pleasure she alone gave herself.  But now, she could feel the heat rising in her center.  She then pushed Nick’s shirt off his shoulders and then tugged at his undershirt.  He pulled away just long enough to pull the shirt over his head and his lips connected with the other nipple giving it the same attention he showed the other one.  Gabby was now fumbling with his pants fighting them and the emotions and feeling he was sending though her.  Nick then wiggled out of his pants and then she set to work getting him out of his boxers.  When he finally shrugged them off, she just stood in shock.  She took a step back to take him all in.  He was gorgeous.  Well built and tall.  Nick in turn took her in as well. 

“God you’re beautiful” he whispered.

“I could say the same about you” she countered.

They locked together again in a steamy kiss that had her head spinning.  He backed her up to the bed and laid her down gently and then climbed on top of her and went for her mouth again.  He didn’t stay there long.  He started a trail of kisses to her ear and nibbled on it for a while, extracting gasps from Gabby.  Gabby started raking her fingernails up and down his spine.  Nick moaned at the sensations she was giving him.  He then started down her body, lightly kissing his way down.  Gabby shivered as his lips lightly bushed her skin.  He was about to get to where she craved him to be and then he started working his way back up her body to her dismay.  She groaned loudly and Nick got a wide smirk on his face.  He sat up and reached over to the side of the bed and picked up his pants.  He reached in his pocket and pulled out his wallet.  He opened it and produced two condoms.  He threw the pants and wallet back on the floor and laid one of the condoms on the night stand and started to undo the other.  Gabby snatched it out of his hand.  Nick just smiled at her as she pulled the condom from its wrapper and rolled it on his rock hard shaft.  After he was sheathed, he laid her back down again.

“Run your fingernails up and down my spine” he said. 

Gabby was all to glad to comply.  As they began to kiss again, Nick pushed her legs open with one of his.  His tip was at her wet opening and pushed it in gently.  Then he pulled back out.  He was teasing her.  She moaned into his mouth.  That made him moan. 

“Nick, please.  I need to feel you inside me, please” she pleaded.  Her voice was like velvet in his mind. 

Finally Nick plunged into her full force filling her completely.  They both gave a united moan of pleasure.  In no time they had found a perfect rhythm.  They were going at a painfully slow pace but it was so calming and peaceful.  Their lips met once again devouring each other.  Nick’s pace started to quicken.  Her hips come up to join his urging him deeper.  Then, he stopped.  Gabby opened her closed eyes and wondered why he had stopped.  Nick reached for her and flipped her over then pulling her to her hands and knees.  As he did he noticed the butterfly tattoo on the small of her back.  It was so exquisite, beautiful colors had been used.   He ran his cock down her crack slowly and then re entered her.  The angle of her chin as she was looking back at him almost made him loose it..He pumped her hard and fast for several minutes making them both lose their minds.  But Nick wanted to finish face to face.  So once again he stopped and flipped her over again in his strong arms and kissed her fully as he entered her again.  The rhythm they had found before was found yet again.  Tho they had just met they felt they had know each other their whole lives. Nick felt her walls around him tighten and knew she was close.  So was he.  A few more pumps and they both screamed simultaneously as they come together.  Covered in sweat, Nick collapsed beside her.  She removed the condom and disposed of it in the bedside wastebasket then covered them both with the sheet.  Nick propped himself up on one arm and looked at her.  Her hair was pressed against her face, sticky with the sweat they had worked up.  She was beautiful.  He looked deeply into her eyes and could see his whole life there.  He could see his children there.  He could see his old age there.  It should have scared him but it didn’t.  It comforted him and a warm feeling flowed all though his body.  Gabby leaned over, kissed him softly on the lips and closed her eyes.  Nick wrapped her up in his arms, pulled her close to him and they fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning Gabby slowly awoke and reached for Nick.  The side he’d slept on was empty.  Gabby started to think she’d dreamed the whole night into existence when her hand found a piece of paper.  There, scribbled in messing handwriting was the name of his hotel, the numbers to his phone and room, and his cell number and an apology for his leaving.  He had a meeting early that morning he had to be at.  The smell of his cologne was still on her sheets as she breathed it in deeply.  She didn’t disturb a thing as the got up and laid the note on the nightstand and then wrapped herself in the sheet and made her way to the benchseat in front of the window.  Looking at the morning sun of a new day, she sighed.  He was the one.  She knew with her whole heart and being he was the one.  He had been sent from above to save her. And he did. And she couldn’t wait to tell him he was the only one. 

Later on in the day, after she had showered and eaten a light lunch, she sat on the couch playing with the cordless phone.  She wanted to call but didn’t want to bother him.  She knew he had a meeting but didn’t know when it was.  Was it over?  Does he want me to really call?  Finally, before she could think better of it she called the number he had written down as his cell number.  It rang once and a hasty, but laughing hello awaited her. 

Nick had sitting there in his hotel holding his cell phone.  He had sit there contiplating on calling her.   He felt like shit for the way he left.  He had totally forgot about this early morning meeting with the fellas.  They had given him some grief when he walked in, cloths wrinkled and his dishelved look.. They knew exactly what had happened but he didn’t care.  What took place last night he couldn’t explain.  All he knew was this was different.  And as much as it scared him, this was forever.  Or he hoped it was.  So when the phone rang he was laughing when he answered it.  He knew it was her.  He tried to play it off but she knew.  He knew she knew.  He had been stuck in the moment that he kissed her that first time.  He couldn’t believe how it felt.  Like forever.  He knew.  He knew he’d finally found her. 

“So” Nick said.  “What are you doing tonight?”

“I don’t know.  What did you have in mind?” she asked.

“How about dinner around 6 and a quiet night in, maybe a movie?” he asked.

“Sounds like a plan” she said.

They both went thought their day and it dragged on.  Both looked forward to the evening.  Gabby came to the conclusion that she had to tell Nick of her plans last night.  It was the right thing to do.

It was about ten minutes till six and there was a knock on Gabby’s door.  She had spent the better part of the afternoon trying to decide what to wear.  Where was he taking her?  Was it a jeans and nice top type place for a dressy place?  She prayed it was nothing fancy.  She didn’t own those kinds of clothes.  She opted for a pullon cotton pair of light blue slacks and a white sleeveless top.  She fixed her hair and makup.  The was just putting on the finishing touches of her makeup when the doorbell rang.  Suddenly she got all nervous.  She made her way though the apartment and stood at the door trying to gather herself before she opened it.  The doorbell sounded again.  She put her hand on the knob and turned it opening the door.  There he stood.  With a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  To her relief, he was wearing a pair of black dress slacks and a pink polo shirt.  Damn! The man looked hot as hell in pink!  He was smiling when she opened the door. 

“Hi” he said. “You look beautiful.”

“Hi” she said back.  “You look pretty good yourself.  Please, come in.  I’m about ready to go.”

“Take your time, we have plenty of time.  Our reservations are for 6:30 and it’s not far from here/”

Gabby slipped back into her bedroom and found her shoes and slipped them on.  She had transferred her belongings into another small purse and she grabbed it as she went out the bedroom door.  As she re entered the living room she said, “ok, ready to go.”

Nick went over to the door and opened it stepping back to let her go out first.  He laid his hand on the small of her back thinking of the tattoo there wanting to see it again, as he ushered her out.  She turned and locked the door and then they made their way out to the street.  They decided to walk since it was nice out and it was close. 

As they reached the restaurant, Nick stepped ahead of her and opened the door for her.  He then stepped up to the maitre’ d and gave him his name.  They were ushered into the restaurant, back to a dimly lite corner booth.  They slid into their seats and were handed their menus and asked their drink orders.  Nick remembered Gabby’s first taste of champagne and wanted to see it again.  So he ordered their finest.  After deciding what they wanted, they gave the waiter their order and made small talk till their food came.  They realized they didn’t need to talk much.  They were so comfortable in each other’s company.  Gabby decided to wait until after they ate to tell him her plight.  They sat and ate with more small talk.  They talked a little about their lives but Gabby hated talking about herself.  There was not much to tell..Sad really.  Nick sensed this but did not push.  After they were done eating and the waiter came to collect their plates they decided on having a cup of coffee to top off their dinner. 

Gabby finally decided this was the time.

“Nick” she said, “there’s something I need to tell you.”

Nick shuttered.  He could tell by the tone of her voice this was not gonna be good.  Honestly, it scared the shit out of him.  He had really thought he’d found the one.  Is she about to crush that hope?
“Nick, I need to tell you this.  Just let me finish before you say anything, Ok?” she said queitely.

“OK” he agreed.

“Ok, the reason I went out last night, well that was something I wanted to do before I took my own life.  I’d finally had enough of my life.  I had contemplated it for some time now and finally had built up the courage to do it.  I wanted to go out dancing as a last fun thing before I finally followed though with it.  Then you came along.  I can’t explain it.  You are the one.  I truly think you were sent to me from up above.:

Nick sat there in total and complete shock.  He didn’t know what to say or what to do.  Slowly he got up from his side of the booth and came around the table and slide into the booth next to her.  He wrapped her up in a tight hug.

“Gabby, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I’ve never, ever met anyone who makes me feel they way I do when I’m with you.  If I’m not wrong you feel the same way.  Gabby, I know this may sound insane or impossible, but I truly believe we are soul mates.  Something brought us together last night.  Something powerful.  We are MEANT to be together.  I just feel it in the depth of my soul.  I mean look, look at what you were going to do last night.  I, myself, had just made a vow to myself never to get involved in another relationship again.  I’d decided love was not in my future.  I’ve been used so many times in my life by family and by girls I’d finally just given up.  Last night, it was my intention to just go out, get shitfaced drunk, go home with one or two of those girls and just well...not what I did with you last night.  That was the first time I have ever “made love” in my life.  I’ve had my fair share of sex but that, that last night Gabby, that mean something.”

Gabby just stared at Nick as he spoke.  She can’t believe he just said all of that.  It’s exactly the way she felt.  She leaned over and lightly brushed a kiss on his lips. 

“Nick” she said, “last night you saved my life.”

“Gabby” Nick said, “last night you saved my life too.”


The End

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8972