Always by Tantilisinteaser
Summary: They'd known each other for years but happens when friendship turns to love? Will they carry on hiding their feelings are will they take the ultimate risk?

REWRITTEN AND RE-EDITED FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE!

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: EVERY ROSE HAS ITS THORN
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 23268 Read: 22689 Published: 07/10/08 Updated: 04/16/09
Story Notes:
This was posted a while back but I have decided to go back and rewrite it. This series will have a lot more detail, and be a lot better. PLease review to let me know what you think!

1. Just another rainey day in London by Tantilisinteaser

2. One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three! by Tantilisinteaser

3. Second Guessing by Tantilisinteaser

4. What a difference two years make by Tantilisinteaser

5. Aviodance by Tantilisinteaser

6. Chapter 6 by Tantilisinteaser

7. Chapter 7 by Tantilisinteaser

8. Chapter 8 by Tantilisinteaser

9. Chapter 9 by Tantilisinteaser

10. Chapter 10 by Tantilisinteaser

11. Chapter 11 by Tantilisinteaser

12. Chapter 12 by Tantilisinteaser

Just another rainey day in London by Tantilisinteaser
I strummed aimlessly on my guitar trying to rid the many depressing thoughts that floated around in my head. It didn’t seem to working very well, the dark, overcast Saturday morning that was seeping in through the window suiting my dismal mood perfectly. The sky was a deep shade of grey and the clouds threatened to spill the rain drops at any moment, almost like me and my tears, it was so frustrating because I was damn sure he wasn’t feeling the same way about me. Hell he was probably out living up the single life again, while I was left to question everything, left wondering why.

It had been just over two weeks since I found out and not from him either, I had to humiliation of seeing the photos on Myspace, posted by the slut he had apparently just received head off. Not that it mattered either way, I couldn’t stand to be with a cheater, I had seen what it had done to other friends and there was no way I was going to waste the best years of my life only to regret it later. It still hurt though. In actual fact it seemed like nothing was ever going to pull me out of my dark depressed pity party far one.

I had been angry, so angry in fact that I had managed to sneak into his apartment and get my revenge. I didn’t damage anything, didn’t steal anything no I’m not that stupid he wouldn’t be able to press criminal charges against anything that I did but it would still piss him off. You see Dylan Jones is a bit of a neat freak, likes things in order so what better way to mess with him then change all the C.D’s into the DVD cases and vice versa? How frustrated would he be when he realised that none of his socks matched? Pretty angry I can tell you, I was only sorry I wasn’t there to see the look on his face. It had felt good for a while but that feeling had soon worn off and the three pints of Ben and Jerry’s I devoured only ended up making me want to barf everywhere.

I placed the guitar on the couch beside me as I grabbed for the remote control, blindly flicking from channel to channel not really knowing what I was searching for. The news? Nope that would just be a way to get more depressed. Beaches? God that film was such a downer at the end. Hmmm Ricki Lake…My boyfriend is really a women and is also the half sister I never knew I had. Now there was an intriguing programme and a life that actually seemed more depressing then mine…there might still be hope!

I watched as the tale unfolded but it didn’t hold my attention for as long as I hoped it would and soon I was relating (don’t ask me how) to the women who told the tale of deceit and betrayal. I just needed to get him out of my head and after a frustrated sigh I angrily picked up the remote and switched the TV off, plunging me into silence again. I grabbed the acoustic guitar and cleared space on the coffee table, sitting down on it when all of his crap was clear. I don’t know why but I can’t sit anywhere conventional when I write, it used to drive my mother insane. My favourite place to write as a teenager had been the roof, I would climb out of the bedroom window and sit there for hours, she was so paranoid that I was going to fall off, even threatened to put bars at my window if I didn’t stop.

She didn’t and to this day when I’m home whenever she can't find me all she does is take a wonder up to the end of the garden and shout to me to be careful.

***

It had only taken an hour but I had the majority of the song and I started strumming again, singing the first verse quietly, so I wouldn’t disturb sleeping beauty in the next room, even though it was almost one o’clock in the afternoon.

“Seven hours since you went away,
Eleven coffees, Ricky Lake on play
But late at night when I’m feelin’ blue
I’ll sell my ass before I think of you.”

I heard a creak and looked towards the door where Nick was standing, hair dishevelled from sleeping, his t-shirt and boxers in creases the sunglasses covering his eyes a dead give away of what he was suffering from. I wanted to snicker but I knew with him I would only regret it later when I was in his position. He was like an elephant who never forgot with stuff like that, if he could seek revenge he’d remember but ask him what hotel room he was in, or what city for that matter and all you would receive was a blank stare.

“You know it’s rude to eavesdrop don’t you?”

He only grunted in response and fell into the couch beside me rubbing his eyes and sighing. “Head hurting?” I asked and he nodded slowly, quite clearly trying to avoid too much movement in fear of his brain rebounding off his skull causing more pain. “Well don’t expect any sympathy from me; I had suffer the couch for you!” I laughed as he groaned, still trying to wake up.

“You could have slept in the bed with me,” he yawned, failing miserably at flirting.

“Yeah we all know how that ended up last time, and plus with your snoring? No thanks,” I laughed writing down the lyrics in my note book.

“I do not snore,” he replied indigently before he glanced over my shoulder and down at my notebook nosily “what are you working on?”

“You do to and what does it look like I’m doing, blondie?”

He choose to ignore my comments. “I like that lyric, sing it for me?” He asked, smiling up at me, a goofy sleepy grin that was one of the many things that I loved about him. No don’t go there, been there bought the t-shirt already, friends is good, friends is fine.

“Eleven hours on a brand new day,
I’m getting ready to go out and play,
It’s late at night; I’m caught in a groove,
I’ll kiss my ass before I’m feelin’ blue,
Seven hours what you callin’ for?
A bunch of flowers and I’ll slam the door,
You’re in my face sorry what’s your name?
Takes more than begging to reverse my brain.”

“Why you don’t sing is beyond me, Will.”

“Oh stop it, we’ve been through this and you’re starting to sound like my Dad, I don’t sing I write.” How many times did I have to go through this with people? I was not a singer, sure my voice didn’t totally suck, yes I could hold a decent enough note, yeah I loved to sing. But in the shower by myself was enough of an audience for me, there was no way I was going to sing in front of a room full of ten people let alone a stadium full of thousands, I just did not have the confidence in myself to do that. No I would write the songs and watch other people sing them from the sidelines.

He was looking at me intently, god his eyes were blue today, almost as blue as when we…I just about manage to pull myself from the erotic memory before I totally embarrassed myself. God it was well over a year ago, he probably didn’t even think about it anymore, he had enough groupies to satisfy his needs he didn’t need little ole me with all my emotional baggage and I certainly didn’t need his at the moment. Maybe agreeing to this had been a mistake, maybe I shouldn’t of come, but if I wasn’t here then I’d be at home moping about the ass wipe who cheated on me…And now I was back to thinking about him just fucking great!

“You still there tree?” He asked a smirk crossing his face when he realised I must have zoned out on him.

“Hmm? Oh sorry,” I replied lightly guiding my fingers over the strings.

“Not thinking of the asshole again are you?” He said rubbing my arm with a frown.

“A bit, but obviously this song is about him, so it’s nearly out of my system, its just missing something,” I sighed

“Well let’s have a lookie shall we?” he said as he pulled the notebook from me and after a few seconds he took of his sunglasses revealing his tired bloodshot eyes.

“What’s the matter Nicky? Can't read with em on?” I joked and he just stuck his tongue out at me “It needs a bridge,” he told me after about a minute. He was obviously singing it in his head and he began to bob a bit, making me smile.

“Why do cry –y-y?
For the guy-y-y
Say goodby-y-y
Walk away now,” he sang lightly.

“Thanks Nicky,” she whispered, but she looked away quickly trying to conceal the tears in her eyes. I knew it would take her a while to cry, she always tried to hide her emotions, tried to prove that she was strong, that nothing hurt her she was a lot like me in that respect. I tried to protect myself from others if they didn’t know then they couldn’t think I was weak, they wouldn’t be able to use it against me later, I knew it was stupid but when your emotions had been used against you in the past it was something you had to do. She needed this though, she needed to cry about this jerk, as much as she didn’t want to I think she needed the closure.

When she had first called me she had been so pissed off, more angry then upset but I could hear the faint sound of rejection in her voice and knew that she needed a friend. Autumn was away travelling in some distant remote part of the world and although she wouldn’t have minded Willow joining her I knew there was no way she could afford it. When I offered to fly her our so she could come and stay with me she had refused, firstly giving the excuse that she couldn’t afford it, then when I said I would pay she told me that I shouldn’t waste my money on her. After three attempts she finally caved but it had only been when I offered her a job. It seemed like the perfect solution, Alisha came to me, saying that although she loved the touring she felt like she needed to concentrate on sorting her wedding out, that she was missing Matt too much and as soon as I could find another bass player she wanted to leave. Any other time and it would have left me totally pissed off but I found myself happy that she wanted to leave and wasted no time at all in calling Willow. She had been my first choice after all, but she had stayed behind because of the dick head.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to me; she didn’t protest and snuggled into my shoulder with a sigh.

“I thought we talked about this? He’s an ass, a big jerk, you deserve better.”

“I know, I just wish I would have figured that out before, thanks for inviting me along this is just what I needed,” She said lightly.

“No probs tree,” I said calling her by the nickname I had bestowed on her so long ago, “ it’s nice having a girl around I mean who else is gona’ pick up after me?” I joked and she smacked my arm in response.

“So this is what this is huh? Some ploy to have someone to pick up after your messy ass, I should just leave now and damn you to a life of messy hotel rooms,” she tried to keep a straight face but it broke into a huge grin that always made me smile. “So what are you going to do with your afternoon off, now that you have wasted the entire morning?”

“Chill I think, store up my energy for going out again tonight and you’re coming out tonight too” she tried to protest but I covered her mouth with my hand, “Uh Uh no excuses, you’re coming out and that’s final, ewwww,” I pulled my hand away after she licked it. Smiling up at me she giggled, her blonde fringe framing her pretty green eyes, she held my stare and I knew she felt what I felt. It was just to raw at the moment though, she needed time to get over Dylan, I did not want to be rebound guy.

“Ok fine but I refuse to sleep here again, you can suffocate in your vomit tonight and no tequila,” she said sternly.


Song Credit:
Hole in the head – Sugababes.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think!
One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three! by Tantilisinteaser
The club was so loud that I hadn’t heard him when we had been dancing and in the end he had pulled me towards the bar, never letting go of my hand. He smirked at me when he yelled his drink order to the bar tender and I scowled at him, I just hoped he remembered how ill tequila made me and how grumpy I would be in the morning because of him.

“I’m not drinking it,” I yelled to him over the music as he handed me the small shot glass before he licked his hand so he could apply some salt. He looked back to me expectantly and when I made no attempt to copy his actions he pulled at my hand and stuck out his long tongue, taking his time in making the back of my hand nice and wet. His eyes were dangerous as he stared up at me and I could feel the flush radiating throughout my body as he poured the salt onto my new damp hand. He handed me the shot glass before grabbing his own.

“One, two, three.”

I lifted the shot glass to my lips and downed it whole, wincing as I felt the bitter alcohol burn my throat as it slid down, Nick smirked as he handed me the lemon to suck on.

“Bastard,” I yelled over the music that was blaring through the speakers in the club.

He just smirked even harder and pulled me towards the dance floor, Jesus he looked sexy tonight. His hair was spiked, the messy look suited him so well, I remembered almost drooling when I first saw him after he had all his hair cut. He was wearing a blue dress shirt, enough buttons open near the top so you could see the tribal bead necklace he had taken to wearing, the dark jeans hugging his ass in all the right places. It was going to be so hard to resist him tonight and I had a feeling he knew it.

He never let go of my hand as we started to make our way back to the corner of the club where the rest of the band were sat but it was absolutely heaving and he was having a difficult time navigating his way through the throng of people bumping and grinding on the dance floor. As soon as I heard the pan flutes echo throughout the club though, I knew there was no way we were heading back to the table any time soon. He seemed to stop dead in his tracks, his heard turning slowly to face me, a huge grin on his face and I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

Lucky you were born that far away so
We could both make fun of distance
Lucky that I love a foreign land for
The lucky fact of your existence

Baby I would climb the Andes solely
To count the freckles on your body
Never could imagine there were only
Ten Million ways to love somebody

Le ro lo le lo le, Le ro lo le lo le
Can't you see
I'm at your feet


Okay I was going to piss myself laughing if he continued with the belly dancing, maybe it would be an idea to record this, lord knows I could make a fortune on eBay with footage like this, hell I could make more by selling it to the press. He grabbed my hands and started moving them up and down making me laugh even more, I loved partying with him, it was always so much fun.

Whenever, wherever
We're meant to be together
I'll be there and you'll be near
And that's the deal my dear

Thereover, hereunder
You'll never have to wonder
We can always play by ear
But that's the deal my dear

Lucky that my lips not only mumble
They spill kisses like a fountain
Lucky that my breasts are small and humble
So you don't confuse them with mountains


I knew as soon as the song started the he would do or say something at that point in the song, he just wouldn’t be able to help himself, after all he was a boob man and I had been told so many times before.

“Now I’m confused,” he yelled above the music but I just rolled my eyes and carried on dancing as he gaze drifted, “Are these mountains? Because there is nothing small about them,” he laughed reaching out to cop a feel before I batted him away.

“You’re on thin ice Mr Carter!” I warned and he backed off, damn it why did I do that?

He carried on singing and dancing like a mad man, occasionally acting like either a women or busting an Austin Powers style move but then again so was I, well apart from the women thing, I didn’t have to act that! Ever since we had both been able to go clubbing we were always the crazy dancers, trying to outdo each other with stupid moves. Another thing I adored about him, he didn’t care what people thought about this kind of stuff, “dancing should be fun, and its only fun when you let loose and go wild!” he would scream at the top of his lungs. Right now he was bobbing his head like a chicken and cackling madly at the stupid move I was pulling. The song slowed and he pulled me in close, he smelt like Hugo Boss and smoke, it made my head spin.

I’ll always think of you inside of my private thoughts
Can’t imagine you touching my private parts
And just the thought of you
I can’t help but touch myself
That’s why I want you so bad.


His hands cupped my ass and I raised my eyebrows making him smirk and his eyes turn a dangerous shade of blue that I had seen once before. Throwing my head back I just went with it, the alcohol was coursing through my body and right now I didn’t give a shit, I was just enjoying dancing. One of his hands left my ass and drew a line from my neck down to my belly button, cupping my breast along the way; maybe this was going too far? Then again we were both adults, we both wanted this, so what was the problem? Bringing my head back up he looked at me, he was as drunk as I was and I could see the lust in his eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck we came into closer contact and I could feel his arousal pressing into my jeans.

Ohh I get so hot
When I’m around you baby
I can touch the sky
You’re makin’ my temperature rise
Ohh baby
You’re makin’ me high
Baby, baby, baby


She threw me a look that told me all I needed to know; she wanted and needed this as much as me. We continued dancing as the song changed as she began grinding against me making me want to come unglued. Did she realise what she was doing? I ran my hands up her back and back down again to rest on her ass giving it a quick pinch. She pulled back and her hands lowered my head to hers, her lips met mine in a passionate kiss that made me dizzy, her tongue pleaded for entrance to my mouth and I parted my lips to allow it. She sucked on mine hungrily; she tasted like coconuts, that was probably from the Malibu she had been drinking all-night.

Ohh say what? Say what? Say what?
You know that I like you baby
Oh girl you know what’s up
And you know what I need
Ohh say what? Say what? Say what?
You that about it baby
Oh girl you know what’s up
I’m digging you
I’m feeling you
And you know what’s up


“I definitely know what’s up,” she whispered, huskily in my ear as she ground against my erection. Suddenly I couldn’t get enough of her, my mouth crashed into hers again and she returned the hungry kiss, but she broke it quickly and reached for my hand pulling me through the club towards the exit. The noise faded as we reached the cool outdoors and she turned abruptly pulling me in for a kiss. Sinking into it I wrapped my arms around her tightly, she was such a good kisser, she knew how to tease, gently easing her tongue in only to withdraw it a few seconds later, her hands in my hair massaging my scalp making me want her all the more.

I felt a tap on the shoulder and broke the kiss to find the bouncer pointing us towards a waiting taxi. I pulled on her hand and she followed me into the car with a giggle saying a quick goodnight to the guy.

“St Martin’s Hotel please,” I directed the driver and felt the car pull off just as her hand brushed my groin, making me groan. I looked to her, an evil grin crossing her face as she licked her lips and then dropped her eyes to my obvious bulge. She gently trailed her hand across it, making me involuntarily thrust my hips upwards to try and increase the friction, making her smirk even harder at my obviously pained expression.

“You know you want it,” she giggled as she laced her fingers with mine, and she was right I did want it, I wanted it all. Her head leant against my shoulder and I leant my head down to kiss her head.

“Question is are you sure you want it?” I whispered, god I hoped she said yes, because if she didn’t it meant a major jacking off session to the hotel porn when I got back. She considered it for a few seconds and then she shifted in the seat, unzipped her pants and pulled my hand down to her pussy, she was already soaking.

“That answer your question?” I circled her clit a few times and made her groan before removing my hand and bringing my fingers to my lips to suck on them gently. She zipped her pants back up as the car came to a halt outside the hotel and she stumbled out of the taxi as I paid. I watched her stagger into the lobby wrapping her arms around herself to keep out the cold night air, waving to a few fans who were still waiting outside. I followed quickly, posing for a few photos, signing a few autographs, chatting, all the time stealing quick glances at her as she spoke to the receptionist as she retrieved my room key.

“You and Willow have a good night?” One girl asked as I signed a picture.

“Yeah thanks, Funky Buddah is a cool place,” I said making a bit of small talk.

“If you like it there you need to try China Whites,” the other girl told me.

“China Whites huh? I’ll try to remember that,” I smiled back making sure to quickly say my goodbyes when I spotted Will heading towards the elevators. That was another good thing about being with her, she got me, she got my life and my job, other girls would have been pissed that I stayed to sign some autographs but I knew she wouldn’t. I also knew that there wouldn’t be stuff posted all over the internet about me hooking up in the morning, the fans knew we had been friends forever, they didn’t need to know that we were uh…how to put it…friends with benefits.

“Thanks for waiting,” I said feigning being hurt.

“England is fricking cold in October Nick,” she replied purposely keeping her distance until we were safely inside the elevator.

“Hmm bet I could show you a few ways to warm up,” I leered.

“CHEESEY line there Mr Carter, but lucky for you I’m a sure thing,” she laughed as she pulled me in for a kiss, not breaking it until the doors pinged open again.

“Ohh my room is it? I thought you said you weren’t sleeping here again?” I joked whilst digging around in my pocket for my key card.

“I meant the couch, and you have the bigger bed pop star,” she replied, whilst sliding her hand into my back pocket and pulling out the desired item. She slid the card into the slot and the light beamed green, success. “Now you gona’ warm me up?” she said coyly as she took her top off whilst walking in, my gaze fell to her ass and I followed her and slammed the door shut behind us.


Song Credits
Sweet Child O Mine – Gun’s n’ Roses
Makin’ Me High – Toni Braxton
You Know What’s Up – Donnell Jones
End Notes:
Let me know what you think!
Second Guessing by Tantilisinteaser
With one last glance back to the bed where he was splayed out, snoring lightly, I made myself quietly push open the door and walk out into the hallway, sighing in relief when I managed it without him waking up. Then again why was I so surprised? It was only eight am, we had been out partying till at least one and then with the uh…extra curricula activities that happened after there was no way he was going to wake up before ten.

I walked the few feet down the hall to my own room, not that it had gotten much use in the three days that I had been here, I don’t think the bed had actually been slept in, maybe that’s why it smelt so fresh when I walked in. I slumped down on the bed and closed my eyes, trying to block out the pounding that was situated in my temples, but the more I thought back to the night before the more the pain increased. My stomach growled but the thought of eating anything was enough to make me want to hurl and I knew that if I feel back to sleep it would be the kiss of death, I needed to get moving, we had a performance later anyway. So after a few failed attempts I managed to pull myself up off the comfy bed, and shuffle in the direction of the bathroom.

The warm water trailing down my back was soothing, enough to wake me up a bit more, but it did nothing to ease to confusion in my head, didn’t make the situation any easier to analyse. We had done this before, two years ago, same sort of circumstances went out, got drunk and ended up in bed together, only difference was I knew I wanted it back then. He hadn’t. To say I had been a bit crushed would have been an understatement, he had seriously hurt me, to the point where we didn’t really talk for a while but I got past it eventually.

Last night wasn’t like before, sure I had wanted it but the feelings I had for him previously weren’t as strong, I think it was more about getting laid then anything, I just needed a one night stand to make myself feel good again, to know that I was still attractive after what dick head had done to me.

I took a deep breath in before rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, it was still going to be awkward today, we even had four weeks of this promotional tour left, if we couldn’t get past this, if it made things difficult I had no clue how we were going to deal with it. Yeah there was the option of leaving but then he would be screwed without a bassist, and I would be left to go back to a mundane job while I waited for college to start up again in the fall. Maybe walking out had been the wrong thing to do, it gave the wrong impression, if I had stayed maybe we could have talked about it, now when we saw each other it was going to be difficult.

***

“So where did you get to last night?” Dan asked when I walked into the green room of Top of the Pops. I sat down across from him, opening my can of soda making sure to take a sip before I answered him so I had time to contemplate my answer.

“Went back to the hotel around one,” I answered honestly. What? I did leave around one, just not alone and I never made it make to my own room, it was a complete lie! He looked at me about to say something else but then Nick walked in, trailing Mary behind him, she was reeling off his schedule and as usual he wasn’t paying any attention. Once again he looked like he was nursing a sore head, the obligatory sunglasses were in position and you could guarantee that Ron had been beating down on his door for a good ten minutes to wake him up. I tried sinking into my seat, hoping that he wouldn’t see me quite so soon, that he would have more of an opportunity to wake up.

It didn’t work.

He looked at me questioningly as Mary continued to talk at him and then went to get a soda. I took that as my opportunity to vacate the area and took off in search of the ladies hoping to avoid him for a bit longer, we were going to be so busy today I hoped that we actually wouldn’t get the chance to sit and talk about it, after all if it was anything like last time he wouldn’t find that a problem, he hadn’t wanted a relationship then and I knew what with the tour approaching he probably wouldn’t now.

“Just walk right past me then!” I heard someone say and looked back to who I had past, smiling when I realised who it was.

“ROB!!!!” I called back to him as I backtracked and threw my arms around him.

“No it’s too late now, your hanging out with some American big wig, you’ve quite clearly gotten too big for your boots!” He joked squeezing back.

“Sorry I was stuck in my head,” I explained.

“No doubt in the middle of some amazing melody your concocting. How you been?” he asked.

“Good and your fine self?” I asked leaning against the wall of the narrow corridor.

“Not bad,” he told me and continued to tell me about the stuff he had been getting up to since I had last seen him. It still amazed me that here I was, talking to none other then Robbie Williams. Robbie Williams of none other then Take That, quite possibly one of the biggest boy bands in Europe, I had met him the year before last, came to visit Nick while he was recording in London, had of course been dragged along and who was in the next studio? Robbie! We had hit it off almost instantaneously, even had a slight writing session in the kitchen, the song he was promoting now, the result.

“It’s a cool song, thanks for letting me have it,” he said and I smiled back, sighing internally when I glanced over Robbie’s shoulder and saw Nick approaching. There was no escape now.

“No problem, it really suits your voice, just don’t expect it to top Angels, that is writing genius,” I replied looking back to him as he laughed.

“Yeah well all great things must come to an end I guess,” he shrugged.

“So the rumours are true?” I asked. He glanced back to me and screwed up his nose slightly.

“Connections not there anymore, good news for you though I’m going to need someone else to help me write hit songs,” he joked nudging me slightly

“Stop targeting my girl Williams, I saw her first,” Nick joked making Robbie turn round.

“Hey man, I haven’t seen you in forever, liking the new song,” Robbie replied, shaking Nick’s hand.

“Thanks, I love the new video, how long the make up take for that?”

“Ohh forever, well I better get going, Top of the Pops waits for no one. Good to see you guys,” he said before kissing me on the cheek.

“You too,” I replied. I watched as he walked away and then looked to Nick’s questioning eyes. So much for trying to avoid him. “I need to pee,” I said as I tried to walk in to ladies room but he put his arm up and blocked my path.

“That’s it? You have to pee? Aren’t we gona’ talk about last night?” He asked not moving his arm, frowning at me.

“What about last night? It happened, it’s over right? That’s what happened before, why should this be any different?” I asked finally meeting his gaze.

“If it’s so much like last time, why are you avoiding me?” He asked.

“I’m not,” I tried to suggest. Such a lie, such a lie.

“Don’t give me that shit, you weren’t there when I woke up, you got a separate ride from me, and you bolted out of the room as soon as I got here. What‘s going on Will?” he asked confused.

“Nick look this isn’t the time ok, it was just sex” I said trying to get out of the situation, he looked at me and sighed running his hand through his hair.

“Fine, ok maybe I read it wrong, you could have just said instead of avoiding me though tree,” he said and I could see the hurt in his eyes. This had to be some huge joke, first he wasn’t ready and now I’m not? Were we ever going to get it right or were we doomed to just be fuck buddies for life?

“Look you’re right we do need to talk about this but not here, after we perform lets go to dinner or something,” I said lightly.

“Okay, I need to go and get ready; Mary said something about an interview before the show.”

With that he took off in the opposite direction and left me standing on my own. I could feel the tears starting to collect in my eyes and pushed the door to the toilets open and walked inside.

Why? Why did I do that? Because I don’t want to get hurt again, it wouldn’t last and I’d of ended up hurt and lonely and we could never be friends again, that’s why. Yeah the sex was great but sex with others had been great, but there was a connection last night, I felt like he could see inside my soul it wasn’t just sex it was making love. He knew me and not just in the physical sense where he knew what to do to make me feel good it was more then that, there was something deeper, something I couldn’t explain. No Willow, no, it’s to complicated just explain that to him tonight and he’ll understand. Looking into the mirror I dried my eyes and fussed with my hair before heading into the stall.

***

“I’ll have the fish,” that little noise must have been me as he looked to me with a smile.

“I’ll have the sausage.”

“Any salt and vinegar on the chips?” the short round man, with the cockney accent asked from behind the counter.

“Yes and I’ll have a sprite as well please,” I asked.

With our order in hand we walked out of the fish and chip shop and over to a bench by the Thames, where we sat in silence for a few minutes. I could tell he was basking in his animosity, that he very rarely got to do things as simple as sitting on a bench watching a few boats sail down the river and eat a meal. He was enjoying it and I didn’t want to ruin that for him so I remained quiet, eating on the slightly over salted “chips” they were fries for crying out loud. I wanted to ask him why he thought they were called chips and what they actually called potato chips over here. I had a feeling it was crisps but I couldn’t quite remember. I was just about to voice this when he beat me to it.

“What was that noise you made in there when I ordered the fish,” Nick asked out of curiosity, looking to me.

“You’re eating a flounder, whose going to be Ariel’s side kick?” I joked and he laughed.

“Is that why you don’t eat fish? Because of the little mermaid?” He was in full hysterics now.

“Not the only reason,” I said as I threw a chip at him as he continued to laugh at me.

“You have to have fish and chips,” he said in a crappy fake English accent, “It’s the law when you come to England, the Queen will look you in the tower,” he giggled at his own joke.

“Ehh the views quite nice and I wouldn’t have to put up with your stinky ass,” I joked.

“Jeez I’m feeling the love today,” he said only half jokingly and I sighed. “Sorry I didn’t mean it like that,” he quickly said and then stuck a chip in his mouth.

“No I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have left it like I did,” she said quietly and I let her continue. “Last night…I don’t want to use the whole excuse of I was so drunk…hell I would have dionked you if had have been sober,” she shrugged making me laugh at the word dionk. “I…it meant a lot Nick and I don’t want you to think that it was just meaningless sex, like a one night stand cause we cant call it that now anyway because it happened twice,” She waffled just like she always did when she was uncomfortable. “Anyways I need some time for me at the moment, I need to figure out what I want and I can’t do that if I jump right into another relationship.”

She was being completely honest which I admired, she was quiet for a moment contemplating what to say and just staring out watching the boats on the water. I knew she wasn’t quite finished and so I just kept quiet.

“After this promotional tour you’re going to be crazy busy with the tour and I should do something for me in that time,” she silenced me as I began to say something began to try and change her mind about coming on the full tour with me. “I know I said I would go on tour with you, but I don’t think that would be wise at the moment, I don’t know what I want and I don’t want to loose you as a friend. I need to go home and write some crazy sad love songs about heartbreak how the guy was shit and get it all out of my system,” She said looking over to me, here eyes were sad and I knew then that she really did have some things to work through.

I stuck the small wooden spork into a chip, wiped my greasy hand down my jeans before wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

“Okay sweetie, I totally respect that, and I’m here if you need to talk ok? I do have one question though?”

“Shoot,” she replied smiling up at me

“Did last night make you feel a bit better?”

She rolled her eyes, giggled and I even think I caught a hint of a blush, “Last night was amazing, and I felt good all three times, Stud,” she laughed.
End Notes:
Please review!
What a difference two years make by Tantilisinteaser
“Every man needs a good woman behind them.”

“Or under them,” I whispered, obviously not quiet enough and Kevin nudged my elbow making it fall off the sound board and gave me a sly smile. Sighing I looked down towards the scrap piece of paper I had been writing on and began to mindlessly doodle around the words. I heard her stupid little laugh and looked over to them, jeez did they have to maul each other in public? Get a room for crying out loud.

I couldn’t believe how much he had changed since London, sure after that day we kind of lost contact for a while, him being busy with the tour, me mainly moping, writing a few crazy songs about heartbreak the most successful one being taken up by a new artist called JoJo. The song Leave (get out) had won her huge acclaim in numerous countries and for a girl of only thirteen she had a powerful set of lungs.

It had been two years since his solo album had been released and he had fallen on hard times, first the record didn’t do as well as he had planned or hoped, then there was the whole drama with his family, his folks divorcing and he didn’t even call me about it. I had to hear from Alex, a worried phone call about six months ago, asking whether or not I had heard from Nick. Apparently he had gone AWOL, hadn’t shown up for a recording session and no one could get hold of him. Turned out that his phone was on silent and he hadn’t heard it through all the noise Paris had been apparently making! That was when I found out all about the change in him, ever since he had met her.

Alex told me he was usually always late, unreliable, and scarily reminded him of himself when he had been in the drinking stage of the game. To hear those fears come out of his mouth was enough of an alert to me, I knew that in a subtle way Alex was asking me to call and check in on Nick. Well that had been a feat in itself and it had ended up taking me three days just to leave a message on his voicemail with him finally returning my call after a week. His excuse had been that he was so busy recording, something I knew was a total lie but I let it go, not wanting to cause a rift between us so soon. He updated me on everything that had been going on in his life, blew off the fact that his parents were getting divorced when I told him it was a big deal.

“Not like they’ve been in love these past few years,” he had told me, trying to sound like it hadn’t bothered him, but deep down I knew it had. It still did but he was trying to put on that bravado that nothing really bothered him. Then I got to hear all about the lovely Paris, that had been hard to take especially considering all the bad press I had read about her. He assured me she was nothing like how they portrayed her, that she was sweet, kind, caring, that we would get on like a house on fire. That was when he asked me to come to some writing sessions, to listen in on what they already had, maybe give a few creative ideas, that all the others were up for it as well.

So that’s were I was, sitting in the studio hoping to spend some quality time with one of my best friends on his birthday. Hadn’t really worked out how I wanted though, not since she gate crashed bringing a film crew with her, heightening my suspicions that she was only in this relationship for the press attention and I rolled my eyes at the pari when he leant in for another kiss, turning to Kevin laugh and looked over to him.

“Sweetie you go it bad,” he said rubbing my arm, to which I pouted. Kevin was the only one who I could never put up a false pretence to, he always knew how I was feeling, usually before I did, crazy hick. “You need to tell him,” he said more quietly, looking at me intently.

“Tell him what?“ I countered but I knew it was pointless.

“How you feel.”

What’s the point, he’s over there with Miss Hotel, nope I am doomed to a life of a singleton, the true life Bridget Jones,” I sighed.

“Oh man your so deafest, you have so much going for you girl and trust me he sees it,” Kev said looking toward the pair, “All that? Just a façade, he’s not happy with her, now with you…”

“He’s never been with me,” I replied sharply.

“Oh no? Not what I heard,” he raised his eyebrows at me with all knowing look that only he could hold and I had to avert my eyes.

“Once, and it was nothing,” I said looking back to him and he just lifted his huge caterpillar eyebrows even higher if that was possible, “Okay twice, but it was just sex, and I can’t believe he told you” I admitted.

“He’s my bro, he was confused so he came to me, stupid shit obviously didn’t listen to what I had to say though,” he said looking towards Nick, she was obviously leaving as he was once again all over her by the door.

“What did you tell him?” I asked curiosity getting the better of me.

“If he felt as strongly as he did then he needed to fight for you, advice I am going to repeat to you, and hopefully you will listen, I mean you are the more sensible one aren’t you?” he said his piercing green eyes looking into mine leaving me contemplating what he had just said.

***

I watched as she walked down the hallway along with the camera crew and then disappear through the door, thanking god that was over, I was going to get so much flack from the guys for that. I couldn’t believe she showed up with a camera crew, I knew it was my birthday but still that had been embarrassing. I didn’t want the world to see me when I was least expecting it, if she had shown up to surprise me by herself then that would have been different, hell even welcomed but I didn’t miss the looks the guys threw each other when the camera man followed her in. Hell Willow hadn’t even said two words to her the entire time and we had been getting on so well before, just like old times.

That got me thinking then. Maybe it was the publicity? Was that the only reason we were really together? Sighing I turned back into the room, A.J was studying sheet music, Brian and Howie were nowhere in sight and Kevin and Willow were in deep conversation, so I decided to make my way over to them, knowing that I would end up in an argument again with Jay like I had so many times recently. His excuse was that he was concerned, that he could see a lot of the traits he had suffered with the alcohol abuse starting to show in me. I told him he was crazy, what was a few drinks every now and then, he hadn’t bought it though and I wasn’t sure why I was surprised, every time we went out, which was a lot, the paparazzi where always hounding us.

“Miss psycho whore is just after him for the public....” she stopped dead in her tracks when she knew that I could hear what she was saying and her eyes growing as wide as saucers, a crimson blush flooding her cheeks before she looked away from me.

“No carry on, what was it you were saying?” I said trying to keep my cool, but it obviously wasn’t working and I could feel the anger rising, my nostrils flaring.

“It’s nothing,” she lied sinking into her chair as Kevin moved away trying to give us privacy.

“Didn’t sound like nothing, come on if you’ve got something to say, then say it, I wanna’ hear it,” I snarled and she looked scared but at this point I didn’t care.

“Okay, she’s no good for you; you really think that she loves you for who you are?” She asked standing up so she was in line with me and I just kept quiet waiting for her to continue. She always did this, would keep quiet about stuff for ages, let it all build but eventually she would blow up, speak her mind and then stalk off and I knew today was going to be no different. “If you were to go back to where you came from, she wouldn’t look twice at you Nick,” she hissed, her true feelings coming to light.

“I see what this is, you’re jealous,” I said placing my hands on my hips and something inside her snapped.

“Jealous? Fucking jealous of her? You are kidding right? I’m twice the woman she is, I actually work for a living, and not as a porn star,” she yelled making the others turn and look.

“You’re jealous that I’m happy and this is about you wanting what you can’t have. You had your chance Willow and you blew it. This ship had sailed, I’m happy now, I’m sorry you’re not but you had your chance, you can’t expect me to sit around and wait for you forever, that’s not how it works,” I yelled back.

“You know what? You’re an egotistical asshole Nick, just like the rest of them, fame has changed you, you’re not the guy I used to know,” she hissed jabbing her finger at me.

“Then fucking leave, go on there’s the door, if I’m such an asshole, go and don’t let the door hit you on ass on your way out,” I snarled, she glared at me for a moment, and then violently threw her bag over her shoulder and stormed towards the door.

“Fine, I’ll go, but don’t expect me to pick up the pieces of your broken heart when this goes to shit, I’m through Nick,” and with that she was going with A.J calling after her. I sank into the chair and rubbed my eyes, sighing. Way to go Nick, alientate someone else.

“Go on, say it,” I didn’t even have to move my hands to know that Kevin was sat beside me ready to offer up something, whether it was going to be advice or an insult I didn’t yet know.

“You’re an idiot.”


***

Who in the hell did he think he was? Little prick, I knew I was right about her and that she would eventually leave him just like all the rest. This always happened, he went for the pretty girls who didn’t have half a brain cell to rub together, they were there to feed his fuckin’ ego but when someone bigger came along they’d tag on to them. That’s where I always came in, to pick up the pieces of his broken heart, to tell him it wasn’t him it was them but maybe I was wrong, he did seem to seek these girls out all on his won. Well I wasn’t going to sit back and watch him ruin his life, he had shown me he could do that all on his own, he was grown up now, and I wasn’t his mother if he choose to continue down this path he was on his own.

“Willow, stop,” A.J said as he put his hand up against the door to my car, stopping me from opening it, sighing I turned to him. “Just chill out, take a few minutes and we can go back in and straighten this out.”

“No, I meant what I said, I’m through J.”

“No you aren’t, you guys have been friends too long, you’re just angry,” he said.

“That’s why I can’t do this anymore; I love him to much to keep seeing him get hurt, I can‘t be there to pick up the pieces time and time again I really don’t have the patience’s,” I whispered, not meeting his gaze.

“That’s why you need to tell him how you feel, make him understand, plus if you leave our album will suck and you will have nothing to do, all spring” he said and I avoided looking at him, trying to conceal the truth. “What? Why aren’t you looking at me?” He asked when he realised I was unsuccessfully trying to hide something.

It had been one of the hardest decisions, hell I had been offered the gig before Nick even called me back and asked me to go into the studio with them. Of course working with him and the guys would usually always take precedence over anything else, it meant spending time with my best friend, spending time with his “Family.” That was before I saw the drastic change in him and I still hadn’t said no to this other offer.

“I’ve been offered a gig for the spring, touring Europe, playing keyboard or guitar choice is mine,” I said bringing my head up slowly to look into his shocked brown eyes. I knew he hadn’t been expecting that at all.

“Take it your gona say yes.”

“I wasn’t going to, you know you guys always come first, but…but I just can’t be around him at the moment, it’s too difficult, and this is an amazing opportunity for me,” I said leaning against the hood of the car.

“Who’s it for?” he asked the curiosity getting the better of him.

“Robbie Williams, he sent me an email a month ago, deadline is tomorrow, I’m gona get a flight out tonight hopefully, so I can start rehearsals on Wednesday,” I rooted round in my bag till I found what I was looking for and handed him the pack of cigarettes with a lighter which he gladly accepted.

“You have to tell him,” he said after taking a long drag, and I sighed.

“I can’t go back in there J, you saw how it was, I just need to leave. He‘s a big boy, he‘ll get over it.”

He shook his head at me in disagreement before telling me, “I know you’re both pissed but you can’t leave things like this, at least say goodbye and tell him that you’re leaving.”

***

I heard the door creak as it opened and wasn’t surprised when I just saw A.J walk through it, she had always been stubborn and I knew that she wasn’t going to come back no matter what anyone said, hell she wouldn’t show for the rest of the week now. That was fine by me, Willow always needed time to cool off and figure out her next move, she wouldn’t be forced into anything especially admitting she was wrong, although in this case she was probably right.

I still couldn’t understand why I got so angry, what’s that saying? Truth hurts? I knew she was right, I knew it would all come tumbling down but right now I was enjoying being with somebody and was that so wrong? I didn’t need her coming in her pointing out all the flaws in my relationship, hell in my life. She wasn’t a perfect as she thought because if she was she wouldn’t constantly feel the need to go back to guys who cheated on her. Damn it why didn’t I think of that earlier, when I could have thrown it at her, hurt her how she’d hurt me? I shook my head at my own bitter twisted thoughts, how petty was that? To try and hurt one of your so called best friends. My life truly was screwed up.

I thought that on the black and blue tour it had bad, what with the whole Alex mess, my parents constantly feeling to put Me and Aaron in the middle of their fights, the late night partying. When the shit hit the fan and Alex went to rehab it hit home, I knew I was doing some messed up shit and that’s why I decided that I needed to change, that was where the solo stuff had come in. But that in itself caused major issues, Brian hadn’t been happy, hadn’t spoken to me until after it was released, even when I called to congratulate him on Baylee’s birth. I ended up hearing from Howie and when I called I got Leighanne making some excuse that he was busy changing the baby, that he would call me back, and he did, it just happened to be six months later.

That record was supposed to change me, make me into a better person, give me more credibility, something else to aim for in life, instead it tanked, big style and I was back to square one. God my personal life was talked about more then my professional, first with my parents divorcing, then when my Mom was arrested, I tried to stay away from it as much as possible but I still occasionally heard from Aaron, he would beg me to go down to Florida to visit but I always made the excuse that I was too busy, I was as shit as a brother as I was as a friend.

I felt something land in my lap and jar me from my thoughts. When I looked down to a folded piece of paper that A.J had thrown to me, opening it I realised it was her handwriting.


Nick,

I’m still pissed but A.J convinced me that I needed to tell you this. I’ve been offered a tour with Robbie for the spring and possibly the summer. I have thought long and hard about whether to take it but today told me all I needed to know. We’re different people than when we first met and I think we have come to a point where life has screwed us over and we need some time apart.

I’ll always be here for you, whenever you need to talk, but this is something I have to do, sorry I had to leave like this,

Tree

X


I scrunched the paper up in my hand and threw it towards the trashcan but missed. Sighing I went back to studying lyrics but saw A.J still standing, staring at me.

“What?” I asked glancing to him.

“You’re just going to let her leave? You’re more of a stubborn stupid bastard than I thought,” he said rolling his eyes and falling into the empty chair at the soundboard.

“You know what? Fuck you, fuck all of you for that matter,” I said my voice increasing, Brian tried to interrupt me but I held my had up to him. “No Brian I’m fucking sick of you guys all telling me how I need to live my life, I’m fucking twenty four in case you all forgot. She wants to leave then let her leave, you now what I’m gona’ leave,” I said and I walked toward the door of the studio.

***

“You might need these,” Brian said softly as he threw the keys at my feet, I realised I had left my car keys along with my wallet in the studio about five seconds after I had stormed out and I wasn’t about to go back, it kinda’ defeated the object really. “Mind if I sit?” he asked but I just shrugged my shoulders still not making eye contact and he lowered himself to sit beside me but he remained quiet.

“Sorry,” I said as I watched the traffic pass by on the road ahead of us.

“No you’re not, but we probably deserved it.”

“Do you ever feel like your being pulled in a hundred different directions?” I asked looking to him for the first time; he just turned his head and considered me for a few seconds but said nothing. “ It’s so hard to please everyone Bri, my whole family situation sucks, my love life sucks, I’m always fighting with you guys, I’m getting more advice than I can take and I’m still no closer to knowing what I want.”

“You mean who you want,” I just looked at him and he smiled, “You’ve just said you’re getting to much advice Nick so I don’t know what you want me to say, the only person who can make the decision about what they want is you,” he said making me even more frustrated.

“That’s the thing I don’t… I don’t know what I want, I don’t even know who I am. I used to be so sure of myself but lately I just feel as though I’m failing at everything, making so many wrong choices.”

“Then change them, don’t sit her and whine about things, fix them,” he offered.

“You know things are good with Paris but I know she’s not the one is it wrong to keep her around when I know that. I mean she’s funny, and caring and I love spending time with her but she’s not…she’s…” I hesitated almost giving too much away.

He looked at me with a small smirk on his face, trying to edge me to continue but when I didn’t he finished for me anyway, “She’s not Willow?”

“She doesn’t understand me like Willow,” I tried but I knew he hadn’t bought it even if he didn’t question me on it. “But with Willow, we’ve tried it and she’s too good of a friend or I should say was to good of a friend,” I said sounding more confused with each word that passed from my lips.

“Whoa hold up there you’ve the sex not the relationship side of things from what I remember, there’s a big difference Nick.”

“You know you’re really not helping,” I said becoming more agitated by his presence to which he just smiled.

“You said yourself your sick of the advice, you need to talk and I’m here to listen, but I will say this, you need to do what makes you happy, screw everyone else Nick. I think she has the right idea though, you guys need some time apart to figure out what you both want.”

I knew he was right in what he was saying, that we needed some time apart I was just pissed off that this was going to be the way I would be ending my twenty forth birthday, depressed, confused and with one friend less.
End Notes:
Let me know what you think. Feedback is appriciated!
Aviodance by Tantilisinteaser
Author's Notes:
Sorry it's taken me so long to get another updated chapter out, but I have been focusing on AHTH. I promise I will get better at updating! Please let me know what you think about the improvements!

The spring was passing by so quickly it felt like February and March had sped by in the blink of an eye, and we were almost at the first of April, the tour heading into Cologne Germany. As soon as I had made it back to my apartment in January I had called Robbie, accepting his offer to tour and within twenty four hours I had been sat on a plane winging my way to London to prep for the tour.

The rehearsals had been draining, I was well aware of the majority of Robbie’s work it was just a few of the early pieces and the new material from the album he had just realised that were difficult to get to grips with. To say it had been frustrating was a bit of an understatement, I wasn’t used to the pressure of being on a tour as big as this and although I knew Robbie I soon realised it wasn’t going to be like touring with Nick. Whereas his tour had been promotional, small and less theatrical Robbie’s was anything but. He was well known for putting on great shows, captivating his audiences and the pressure had been on, with me thinking that I had made the wrong choice at first. The first night couldn’t have gone better though and I actually found myself becoming more relaxed, a bit more daring on the stage.

I sat in the makeup chair, whilst Angie applied my mascara and fixed the finishing touches to my makeup, glancing back to the mirror I wondered when I began to look so tired. The tour had begun three weeks ago, and so far I had only had two nights off. The show itself was huge, within Europe Robbie had a huge following of fans, many of which couldn’t speak much English but they managed to sing along with all of his songs. They all desired this pin up who was currently sat on a couch behind me in Adidas sweat pants and a port vale football top mumbling to himself.

“I’m still the boy next door,

That’s if your Lord Lichfield and Roger Moore

Have I gone up in the world?

Have I gone up in the world?” he sighed coming to a halt in what he was singing, and I chuckled, making him meet my eyes in the mirror. “Oh fine laugh,” he joked.

“No sorry I just thought of something funny, sing that last line again,” I said and he gave me a sceptical look, “Just sing it,” I said raising my voice slightly, and he did what he was told.

“Have I gone up in the world,” he sang.

“Or has the world gone down on me?” I replied which made him laugh.

“Hey I like that, you’re sacked by the way, for taking the piss outta’ the boss,” he joked, whilst picking up The Sun newspaper, a trashy tabloid which he always seemed to have no matter what country we were in. He liked reading his own press, laughing at the bullshit that was printed like when it said that I was the catalyst for him and Guy falling out. Utter crap but Autumn had still called when she heard the news.

“Yeah whatever, you begged me to come on this tour, don’t think your going replace me that easily,” I laughed but he was too engrossed in an article to reply.

Angie finished applying the rest of my make up whilst Marissa sprayed my hair to within and inch of it’s life and before I knew it I was ready to hit the stage so I vacated the seat for Robbie. He made no attempt to move though, still engrossed in the trashy tabloid so I sat down beside him to see what crap he was reading about himself. That was why I was so shocked when I saw the picture of Paris with bruises to her face and a title that accused Nick of assault.

“Fucking bitch,” I whispered which made Robbie look at me questioningly.

“So he didn’t do it then?” he asked which pissed me off even more, if Robbie believed it there were bound to be others who believed it too.

“No, he wouldn’t, it’s not him, fucking bitch,” I yelled the last part of the sentence, how fucking dare she? I had heard from Alex that things in that area of his life had not been going so great, I had even heard the rumours that’s she had slept the someone else whilst she had been in Australia. I thought that it was over long before but then maybe they got back together? Nick always seemed to do that, would break up with a girl, sleep around for a while and then realise he was probably better off in a relationship and let the girl worm her way back in. He never coped well with being on his own, he always needed someone around and what with the others all in relationships well maybe he felt that he needed one too.

I knew when it ended that it would be bitter, that shit would fly and it would all be fought out in the media where everyone could see. I also knew that Paris would have the press eating out of her hand when it did happen, after all no one messes with her and gets away scott free and what with the alleged cheating she had done I was sure Nick would have retaliated with a hoochie of his own. Things had obviously become sour in the relationship and she was looking as a way out as an injured party, if she wanted fucking abuse I would fucking give her some. Then again, I did warn him, god Willow bitch alert. Even though he had been an ass he didn’t deserve this, even though he hadn’t called or emailed but then again neither had I. Grabbing my phone off the table I dialled his number, but as it rang I realised I had no clue what I was going to say, how could I just call up out of the blue like nothing happened? I quickly hit the red button on the phone ending the call.

He probably wouldn’t have answered anyway.

***

My phone rang a familiar ring tone which I hadn’t heard in almost a month.

“I like big buts and I cannot lie,

All you other brothers can’t deny,

When a girl-”

Just as I was about to answer it, it abruptly stopped. I held the phone in my hand for a few minutes, knowing how great it would be just to hear her voice, how calming it would be and actually even bought her details up on the screen but I just couldn’t bring myself to hit the call button. She was probably only calling to gloat anyway, to say I told you so and I really didn’t want to hear it. I already had enough people telling me how stupid I’d had been, how I should have listened or seen the warning signs, and funnily enough none of those people were Kevin, Brian yes but not his cousin. It shocked me because usually when I do something stupid he is always the first on my case, telling me what an idiot I am. This time though, when he called for the forth time and I was actually brave enough to answer, he was ranting about what a bitch she was and how I had every right to sue for slander. It had been Brian who had literally called me an idiot and when I say literally that’s exactly what I mean, the phone rang I picked it up thinking it would be Brian with a few words of wisdom, of encouragement, of love but no all I got was
“You are a complete idiot Nick.” Well I had just hung up then and hadn’t spoken to him since.

That’s why I didn’t call her back, because she would only do the same, if there was one thing Willow was extremely good at it was gloating. Still it would be so good to hear her voice. Sighing I picked myself up from the couch, removing myself from the temptation of calling her and walked to the fridge disgusted with the lack of food it held within. Closing the door I lent my head against it and let the cool steel soothe the ache that was pumping in my head.

The phone rang again but this time it was the house phone so I let the machine get it.

“Nick? It’s Dad, don’t know whether you got my last message but we really need to know if your coming to the wedding, give me a call ok?...... I would really like it if you came, give me a call,” I heard the dial tone before the machine cut off and sighed again before walking over to the phone and deleting the message.

Yeah like I would be going to that, B.J and I were sticking together and avoiding the situation, Leslie had chosen to live with Mom, and as always the twins had sided with Dad. So again it was me stuck in the middle, trying to be neutral for the sake of my siblings and avoiding both my parents like the plague. Why did life have to be so complicated? Why couldn’t we just go back to the way things used to be, to when we had all gotten along, to before all the fame? God did I really want that? Would I really be okay in giving all this up if I had a chance at having loving family? Was it wrong that I wasn’t sure?

I needed to get out of here, I needed some company!

I glanced into the mirror across from me and was disgusted with the reflection, running my hand through my hair I picked up the phone and dialled a familiar number, waiting for a reply.

“Yeah it’s me, you doing anything today?” I asked after the voice had answered. “Cool can I come over? Have your hair clippers ready,” I said as I hung up and grabbed my keys from the side as I walked towards the garage.

Chapter 6 by Tantilisinteaser

 

It had been six weeks since I had heard the allegations that evil bitch Barbie had made about my best friend. God best friend, could I even call him that now? What made someone your best friend? Was it how long you had known each other? How alike you were? The amount of time you spent together? Having the same interests? Being able to talk to each other? Because if it was the talking one, the actually being friends part, well we both sucked at that.

I had attempted calling him but every time I ended the call before he even picked up and he never once called me back because to Nick that would mean conceding, it would mean caving and caving meant losing. Nickolas Gene Carter was not and had never been a good loser. Usually it was me who did that, who apologised, don’t get me wrong he would apologise if he had been in the wrong too but always after I had done it first. I was just sick of that trait and yeah maybe he needed a friend right now, with all the shit that was being said about him but I was sick and tired of picking up the pieces. I had told him that too, just before I walked out of the studio, well actually more like stormed out of the studio so how would it look if I went back on that? I would look weak and he would continue to do it in the future, he would know I would always be there to tell him things were going to be okay when he screwed up.

I didn’t want to be that girl, I had never wanted to be that girl. He had made me into that person, always coming to me when things in his life turned crappy he turned up at my door for some sort of validation. It was getting boring now, I know, I know I’m supposed to be his best friend and that’s what best friends do right? They listen when things get rough, offer advice on how to make things better, reassure you that you are not a waste of space well yeah I had done that for him, just like he had for me. I was just sick of constantly repeating myself, of seeing him sabotage relationships of not taking the advice of others. I had enough problems in my life I didn’t need more.

I looked around the room and realised that it was totally empty, not a soul in sight it had obviously taken me a lot longer to set up my guitar with all these thoughts swirling around in my head so I took the opportunity to sit and strum a bit. It was timed like these were I always came up with some amazing rifts, some amazing lyrics and there had been a melody floating around in my head for weeks, all I needed were the lyrics. On the backstreet tour I would often find my way to the arena when no one was about, strum for a bit but I was usually interrupted by Kevin, or by Brian god that seemed like ages ago and that’s when I realised it had almost been four years since I had toured with them. I continued playing the melody but I knew I wasn’t going to find the lyrics today as the others would be arriving for sound check soon but I tried to utilise the time.

I heard someone clear their throat and opened my eyes to come face to face with Nick. The sight shocked me for two reasons, firstly I had no idea he was booked on the same show and had not been expecting it to be him at all and secondly because he looked so different. He had put on a bit of weight but that was not surprising it was well known that he was a big comfort eater when things got rough and what with everything between Paris and his Folks it wasn’t surprising. The thing that was the most shocking was his hair or lack there of. It was completely gone, nothing there at all, shaved completely off , it was strange to see him with a bald head, but it did suit him. Well sort of. We were silent for a while just sizing each other up, he was the first to speak.

“Sorry to interrupt, I just heard some music, wondered where it was coming from,” he said leaning against a set of speakers towards the side of the stage and putting his hands in his pockets.

“It’s okay, just got here a little early, how’ve you been?” I asked setting the guitar down into its stand beside me.

“You really need to ask? It’s been in the media enough,” he shrugged. He was still pissed at me, but then again I deserved it for leaving it how I did, this was the first time since we had argued that we had actually seen each other, and that had been three months ago. I stayed silent for a moment and he took the opportunity to apologise. “Sorry, it’s been a rough day, its all press can focus on right now, their not interested in the music just my private life,” he sighed.

“That’s ok, how’s the album coming?” I asked, man this was riveting conversation, avoid anything that may tell him how you really feel and I could tell he was doing the same.

“Yeah almost finished, just putting the finishing touches to some of the tracks over here, look I better go I got an interview and Kevin is already ridin my ass about punctuality today,” he said looking towards the exit.

“Okay, I’ll see you round,” I said as he began to walk towards the door. I sighed as I watched him walk through it and wondered when the next time would be that I would see him. Closing my eyes I let my fingers glide over the strings as I began to play a familiar melody.

“And when we meet which I’m sure we will

All that was there will be there still

I’ll let it pass and hold my tongue

And you will think that I’ve moved on,” I sang lightly, opening my eyes I looked to where Nick had been standing and moved off the stool towards the door but Robbie and the rest of the band walked through it and like it or not I was stuck in rehearsal.

 

 

White Flag - Dido

Chapter 7 by Tantilisinteaser

I will go down with this ship

And I won’t put my hands up and surrender

There will be no white flag above my door

For I’m in love and always will be.

Couldn’t have put it better myself, looking out of the window of the tour bus I gazed mindlessly at the fast passing English scenery. I had never really been a Dido fan but this song wasn’t like her others and for some reason it struck a chord with me.

“It’s a great song, I wish I could take credit for it, but that goes to Willow Abrams, she an amazing upcoming songwri…”

Willow wrote it? Now I know why it jumped out at me, and remembering some of the lyrics I wondered whether it had been written about us. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel something more than friendship for her, it had been there since the first day I met her. She had been so shy and timid and so damn difficult to make conversation with but that is what intrigued me about her. Her musical ability had been astounding for a person of fifteen and we bonded over that and my inability to play guitar, but she had soon changed that, staying up till all hours of the morning teaching me.

I missed that.

That raw connection that we had, whenever I was down she would always call, like she knew and it was the same for me.

“Listened to the lyrics little bro?” Kevin asked, throwing a magazine at me to get my attention, I just looked at him as he continued. “If that’s not an open invitation, I don’t know what is.”

I felt the bus stop and nearly had my leg trampled on by A.J as he ran towards the door chanting “fresh air, fresh air, fresh air.”

“It’s not that simple,” I said looking back towards Kevin and even in my head that sounded lame.

He just scoffed but Kristin cut him off before he could say anything else.

“You cannot say anything, Mr I love you that’s why I’m breaking things off,” he tried to retaliate but she covered his mouth and continued making me smile, “No, don’t wana hear it, go and get me something to read and a soda and make sure Alex smokes no more than two cigarettes.” Kevin just rolled his eyes and did as he was told which made me laugh.

“Now Mr Advice has left, what is going on in that head of yours blondie, you’re too quiet, your either confused about something or planning a prank, and since Brian is at the other end of the bus I’m going for the first one,” she said sitting beside me.

“Why does life have to be so confusing?” I asked.

“Because life would be no fun if it wasn’t, if you love her tell her,” Kristin had a way with hitting things on the head and I must have looked at her funny. “Carter, suck it up, don’t pretend to me that you don’t love her, stop being a pussy and just admit it you love her,” she said matter of faculty.

“Okay.”

“Phw, you think okay is gona fly with me? Say it,” I kept quiet and she nudged me, “Say it or I’m gonna post on live daily that you secretly listen to Nsync records in your spare time,” she joked.

“I do have strong feelings for her, I’m not convinced that it is love yet, I can’t say I have ever really been in love,” I admitted and she smiled lightly at me taking my hand.

“I suppose that’s a start, but answer this do you want to be with her?”

“Yes.”

“Then screw the whole pride thing, call her and apologise for being a jerk,” she said.

“I wasn’t the one that was a jerk, it was her that started that fight,” I pointed out.

“And if I remember correctly wasn’t what she said right? She was looking out for you Nick, she didn’t want to see you get hurt, call her,” She said turning to A.J who had called her name. “What?”

“I understand that you may be tired of Kevin on ragging on your ass, but do you have to send him to rag on mine?” He said to her.

“You said you were going to cut down, and so far you haven’t.”

“Jeez woman, let me have one vice, I can’t drink no more, you gotta have some pleasures in life,” He joked.

“Yeah well I’m looking out for your health,” she said.

“Then maybe you should lecture Nicky too,” he said as he smirked at me.

“Your smoking?” she shrieked, snapping her head in my direction.

“Bastard,” I yelled at A.J, making him cackle.

“Penny for ‘em?” I glanced over to Robbie who had sat opposite me on the tour bus; guess I wasn’t the only one with insomnia.

“Can’t let you waste your money on my boring thoughts,” I said quietly as others were sleeping.

“Haven’t you heard? I’m rich beyond my widest dreams, Got money to burn!” He joked making me laugh. “C’mon I’m a nosey bastard, tell me.”

“Could you get a session guitarist for Live 8?” I asked timidly.

“Aha, avoiding someone are we? I wondered how long it would take you to ask, answers no, need to do my sexy dancing with you girlie, it’s a big venue you may actually not even see him,” he said whilst shuffling cards in his hands.

“Trust me I’m not that lucky,” I sighed.

“I’m gona be honest with you here, this whole mood you’re in, is only good for the amazing songs about heartbreak you’re writing at the moment, but you need to bite the bullet, shit or bust girl, you either want to be with him or you don’t, and I think we all know that answer to that.”

“Life sucks,” I sighed.

“Men enjoy the sucking,” he chuckled, dealing the cards.

“Your sick,” I laughed, throwing my book down and picking up the cards to look at them, great crap hand.

“Ahh, I know, do you think we could get a session singer for me? There are rumours take that are reforming for this,” he joked and I stuck my tongue out at him. “Can’t avoid him forever Will, like it or not you’re in the same industry so your gona bump into each other from time to time.” He said throwing a card down.

“I know, I know, it’s just hard, we didn’t leave, I didn’t leave on good terms and when we saw each other at top of the pops it was, I don’t know, we were both really guarded and it was awkward,” I said grinning when I threw two cards down in a row.

“Of course it was awkward, neither of you will be the first to admit how you feel, man I have seen you two together what, half a dozen times and I can tell how you feel about each other. I wish you would just tell him,” he said sighing when he had to pick up yet another card.

“It’s not that simple,” okay even in my head that sounded stupid.

“Bullshit, look this is how simple it has to be,” he picked up my magazine and opened it to the page with the backstreet article, “ Hi Nick, I’m sorry for being a bitch and leaving how I did, but it was only because I am in love with you,” he then turned his head and proceeded to play out Nick’s part of the conversation “That’s okay baby cause I feel the same about you, he will then proceed to pull you into his arms where you can have an amazing movie snog,” he said making me laugh.

“Yeah I think it’s a bit more complicated than that,” I said throwing another card onto the pile.

“It’s only as complicated as you make it, hell go in for it and give him a blow job, I’m sure he’d get the message,” he said throwing a card down.

“Yeah because that worked so well before,” I sighed and his eyes widened, shit Willow go and tell everyone that you screwed Nick.

“You and him did the dirty? And here I thought you were all sweet and innocent,” He laughed still a little shocked.

“See why is complicated? I asked.

“So you had sex, at least you know what your getting yourself into and he can’t be shit if you wana go back, just talk to him,” he said throwing down more cards.

“I…I was hoping he would have heard… that he would have called…” I stumbled.

“You do know he is less likely to know that you wrote it considering Dido is singing it.”

“Don’t even go there with the whole singing thing,” I rolled my eyes at him and threw down my last remaining card but he instead threw his last card down on top of mine and with a self assured smirk called “UNO.” Bastard I always forgot to call uno and so for the millionth time he had won.

“Fine I won’t, but you know I am right with the whole Backstreet Boy thing, tell him or I will publicly announce it at one of my concerts or at Live 8 where I am sure they will all be, now wouldn’t that be embarrassing.”

“Yeah and I’d sue you for all you were worth, rich man.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8 by Tantilisinteaser

“No,” I said looking back at him through the mirror.

“You do it every night on tour, why can’t you do it tonight?” He said swivelling my chair around so I was face to face with him.

“This is so different Rob, this is fucking Live 8, which is being broadcast to the entire world, your lucky I’m singing backing vocals to Angels, you have had plenty of time to get someone else, no,” I said again more sternly whilst turning back to the mirror and applying more mascara.

“Ok fine I’ll see if someone else can convince you,” and with that he was out of the dressing room, leaving me to finish getting ready. We had thirty minutes before we were due to go on stage and then we would be flying out to Berlin to continue on with the tour. So far I had avoided meeting Nick, but that was mainly because he had only arrived thirty minutes ago and hopefully he was stuck doing vocal warm-up, to busy to come and look for me and I wasn’t about to go and look for him.

After I applied my lip gloss I blew myself a kiss in the mirror and went in search of my guitar to make sure it was tuned. Our room, or should I say partition was quiet then again I was the only one in it and the paper thin walls didn’t do much to hide any sound so of course I could hear what was going on next door.

“You know what Howie, you do that and I’ll do the bit you’re supposed to do,” I heard Nick moan. Great they had the room next to ours, which made the odds of us bumping into each other more likely. Glancing at my watch I realised I had just enough time to grab a quick drink, maybe a shot for courage before we were due to gather for prayer. Lifting my guitar from my lap I walked towards the door, heading for the bar. The backstage area was huge and I walked through the maze of makeshift dressing rooms ohhing at the different names written on them. Status Quo, Paul McCartney, Madonna, U2, Elton John, Joss Stone and Snoop Dog.

Just as I walked passed the door that had Brad Pitt written in a star it opened and out walked Robbie, a huge smirk crossing his face when he saw me.

“If it isn’t the Lady herself, Brad this is who I was telling you about, and remember no picture or autograph until she says yes.”

He was even more gorgeous in real life. The jeans were just tight enough and he had on a black leather jacket that made him look yummy, was he chucking at me? Ohh maybe because he had his hand held out and I was still staring. I gladly took his hand and it was so smooth.

“Nice to meet you Willow, I am on orders that I have to make you agree to something,” he said looking into my eyes.

“I….nice to meet you, you are so dead,” I said looking to Robbie who just laughed.

“So why won’t you sing, if your singing ability is as good as your writing ability, which I am assured it is, then you have nothing to worry about.” Brad Pitt was standing here complimenting me; I could now die a happy woman.

“You know my songs?” I asked timidly.

“Of course, I love the work you’ve done with this guy here, so why won’t you agree to sing with him?”

“I… uh…I…” I stumbled making them both laugh.

“See no credible reason not to, your doing it,” Robbie said and I had to give in. “Thanks brad I knew you wouldn’t fail me, and I think we better head to it girlie, can’t keep the adoring public waiting can we,” he said steering me towards the stage and I could feel the butterflies starting to flap.

“It was nice meeting you, I’ll be watching,” Brad said, which made the butterflies flap even harder.

“Ok now I might just throw up,” I groaned as I was pulled towards the stage.

 

I could hear the crowd singing along and it got my adrenaline pumping, I looked to Kevin who was deep in conversation with Howie, probably about harmonies, A.J was jumping up an down annoying Brian and I walked toward the side of the stage to get a better view of who was performing.

I could see her, in her own world, playing guitar. It didn’t matter that there was god knows how many thousands of people in the audience; she was still lost in her own world. She looked great, black pants and a purple tank top, to match the purple tips of her newly extended curly hair. I continued to watch as the song came to an end and she pulled the strap of the guitar over her head and picked up something to her right, which I couldn’t quite see.

“As you know, I have sung a duet with a very sexy lady, who unfortunately can’t be here today, so I am going to introduce you to another very, very sexy lady, this is KIDS!” Robbie yelled before the band kicked in and the crowd again went wild.

He kicked into a rap and I had lost sight of Willow due to the dancers that were on the stage, so I just bobbed my head along to the beat, until I saw a familiar face on the screen across from me and I felt my jaw drop as I heard her voice.

“Me no bubilicious,” she sang as she strutted her stuff on stage whilst Robbie replied. She oozed sex appeal, swaying her hips to the beat of the music, and throwing him cheeky grins. How he had managed to make her sing in front of all these people, I had no idea. This was not her, she had always been shy and timid, avoiding the limelight at all costs, but then again she had a great voice and maybe this tour had given her more confidence in her abilities.

“She must be drugged,” A.J exclaimed as he pushed my shoulder.

“She looks great,” I said wising immediately that I hadn’t.

“Ohh Nicky has a crush, Nicky has a crush, Nicky wants to do Willow,” He chanted jumping up and down. He was always like this before a show and usually it didn’t bother me because we were usually like it together, but all day I had known that she was here I had felt different, hoping to bump into her, rather than actually going to find her. I was glad that Kristen had flown back to L.A; otherwise I think she would have led me by the hand to find her.

“I’ve already done Willow,” I retaliated, with a self assured smile.

“Yeah, can’t have done a good enough job though man,” he joked, “She does look fucking hot though, talked to her today? Or are we still in avoid mode?”

“I’m not avoiding her, I’ve been busy today, I haven’t had time to see her,” There was no way in hell he was buying that.

“Jesus Christ, I tell you what if we didn’t need your pretty face I’d be smashing it against that speaker right now, she was in the dressing room next to ours, you could have gone over and asked to borrow a cup of sugar, hell I did it with Madonna,” he laughed, fiddling with the bottom of his mike.

“You asked Madonna for a cup of sugar?” I asked intrigued.

“Well she didn’t actually answer the door, but her minder kindly told me that sugar was available from catering.”

“You’re a freak, has anyone ever told you that?” I chuckled.

“You guys know you love me, and Robbie is going to the after party which more than likely means she will be going too. You can casually bump into her then, buy her a drink and talk,” he said nudging me. I kept quiet and turned to watch the rest of her performance, A.J’ and Kristin’s words echoing in my head.

 

I kept seeing something jump up and down at the side of the stage and glanced over to see A.J and Nick. I didn’t have to look to know that he was there; I could feel his eyes on me during “Feel”. I knew he was going to be shocked that I was singing in front of such a massive audience and I was dying to hear what he had to say about it but then again I was also too scared to go and talk to him, to be the first one to make conversation. I turned my head back and gazed out to the thousands of people in the audience and I could feel my butterflies start to flap once again. What the hell was I doing? I must have been crazy to agree to this, but the crowd didn’t seem to mind my voice so it wasn’t too bad.

The song came to an end and Robbie thanked the crowd as we all walked off stage and towards the bar. I was kinda sad that it was one way on and one way off the stage but I was also kinda relieved as that meant that I could again avoid the awkwardness of having to make small talk with Nick. I looked over my shoulder and I could see them all huddled together in prayer, his hair had grown again and he still looked good. His head moved and I wasn’t quick enough to turn mine away, his eyes locked with mine and he threw me a smile and a wink and I felt myself smiling back towards him whilst being dragged by Neil the bass player.

“Come on the bar waits.”

“I’m gona chill here for a bit, I’ll meet up with you guys ok?” I said pulling back from his grasp, he just shrugged and carried on walking. I looked around and found a gig box which I hopped up on to, ready to watch their performance.

Twenty minutes later their set was coming to an end and I saw Nick walk towards the other wing and put on his guitar, I knew he could play as I had been the one to teach him, but he had never had the confidence to play in front of an audience before, I guess that had changed.

“Who wants to meet Nick’s new girlfriend?” Kevin asked the crowd, and there was a collective boo and no among the crowd and I think even one from me.

“This is Helga,” Nick proclaimed, “She’s an extremely good listener and she also likes my finger work,” he chuckled which made me laugh. I watched him concentrate on getting his fingering right as the band kicked in to just want you to know.

“Looking at your picture

From when we first met

You gave me a smile that I could never forget

And nothing I could do

Could protect me from you that night.” He sang the words into the mike but he wasn’t looking at the crowd instead he was looking into the wing, there was no way he could see me sat behind all these people, but he definitely knew I was here and I smiled thinking to when we had first met.

He had been a gawky sixteen year old on their first headlining European tour and it was the first summer I had spent with my Dad since my parents had divorced. On one hand it was cool because I was getting to travel Europe, but then again I was travelling Europe with my Dad, with no one my age so it kinda blew too.

I remember being sat outside the venue with a beat up guitar of my dad’s playing the opening rift to “sweet child of mine” just minding my own business when he walked outside and caused me to abruptly stop. The conversation had been strained to say the least, I wasn’t used to talking to boys seeing as I went to an all girls school at my mothers insistence, but he persevered and here we were nearly ten years later, best friends.

I sighed realising that we weren’t though; we hadn’t talked properly in nearly five months now, I missed being able to pick up the phone and ask him for help on a song, or to listen to his geeky voice mails telling me how bored he was. He once decided to read me the dictionary in a voicemail because he was bored. He got to atrocity before giving up.

I was pulled from my thoughts when A.J pulled my legs and I began to slip from the box I was sat on.

“WILLOOWWW,” he yelled, grabbing me in to a bear hug.

“Eww your sweaty,” I said but I didn’t pull back I just hugged him tighter. He eventually loosened his grip and pulled back to look at me.

“Girl you are looking fine, and hello was that meek little you singing out there? You sounded fucking amazing,” he complimented and I could feel myself blush. “Really you did, I however was complete piss from the looks that Kevin was throwing me.”

“Babe you were shit hot and you know it, you just want a compliment,” I reassured him and he smiled at me.

“You know me to well, look I gotta pee but you’re coming to the after party right?” He said jigging up and down.

“Yeah, but only till around twelve, got a flight to Berlin later.”

“Cool, I’ll see you there sweetie and we can catch up properly,” he said as he lent in and gave me a quick peck on the cheek before darting off towards the toilets. I laughed as I watched him go but my then my breath caught in my throat as I heard someone clear his throat, I exhaled slowly before turning to him.

“Hey stranger,” she said smiling up to me and I couldn’t help but smile back to her. I didn’t say anything, instead I reached out and pulled her in for a hug, she was hesitant at first but I felt her arms wrap round my waist as she hugged back. After a while I made myself pull away and she looked to me, right you haven’t said anything, say something.

“You owe me a hundred bucks,” I said and she rolled her eyes.

“That’s all you can say? Well I don’t have it,” she countered.

“Too bad you bet me a hundred bucks you would never sing in front of a live audience of people you didn’t know and correct me if I’m mistaken but you aren’t that popular,” he said pointing out towards the crowd and I laughed.

“Fine, fine deprive me off my last hundred bucks,” she whined and we fell into an awkward silence both avoiding eye contact while we thought of something to say, both starting a sentence at the same time, making each other laugh.

“You first,” I said.

“You were great out there, hell of an improvement with the guitar,” she complimented.

“Thanks, but I think the most improved confidence award goes to you today, you sounded great, all the guys said so, Kevin was speechless, which never happens,” that last statement made her laugh.

“Stop talking about me Carter,” I turned when I felt his hand on my shoulder. “Although I hate to admit it Will, he’s right, I was totally speechless, you were amazing,” he said as he pulled her into a hug and she hugged back.

“Thanks,” she replied shyly, not being used to all the attention and compliments.

“We’ve got press Nick,” he said turning to me, and I inwardly sighed not wanting to stop talking to Willow, I could tell she was thinking the same when I looked to her and she quickly tried to cover it up.

“Uh… sorry I gotta go, but your coming tonight right?” I asked.

“Yeah for a bit anyway, I’ll see you there?” she asked.

“Yeah sure, I’ll see you there,” I said as I started walking backwards following Kevin and she smiled and waved bye. Turning I grinned to myself, see that wasn’t so bad, it could have been worse; she could still hate my guts.

 

Chapter 9 by Tantilisinteaser

“Good evening Ladies and Gentleman this is your rep speaking, we are currently on route to Berlin, but we shall be making a brief stop. Use this time wisely, alcoholic beverages will be available, please drink as much as humanly possible, but we leave promptly at midnight, anyone not on the bus will be left behind,” Robbie said trying to keep a straight face as the tour bus came to a stop.

I clambered off and walked towards the entrance of the club. I could hear the music blaring and knew as the drink was free that it was going to be a very good night. Once inside I headed straight for the bar to get a drink.

Four tequilas later and I was buzzing, bugging Neil to take me out on the dance floor. He finally relented and I pulled him by the hand to the packed dance floor. Although I was dancing I was also looking around for a certain someone, but as I saw none of his band mates I came to the conclusion that they hadn’t yet arrived. Neil pulled me so my back was flush against his and I could feel something poking into my back, cringing I turned slightly, but he took it the wrong way and grabbed my head bringing my lips to his in a kiss.

I had spotted her about five minutes earlier but decided to get a drink first, I knew she was on the dance floor and I made my way back there, after a quick scan I spotted her, and the guys tonsils she was playing with. I downed my beer and headed back to the bar for another, hoping the alcohol would numb my feeling of sadness, once again I had missed my chance, because I had been to pig headed to admit how I had really felt.

“Why the long face? You played at Live 8, that’s got to be something to smile about,” a tall dark haired girl asked.

“Long story,” I replied taking a sip of the beer that had just appeared in front of me.

“Gotcha, I’m Javine by the way,” she said putting her hand out; I gladly accepted it, shaking it lightly.

“Nick.”

“I know who you are,” she laughed lightly, “Now why don’t we leave the frown here, and go and dance?” She said whilst turning into the crowd, waiting for me to join her. I again downed my beer and followed, if Willow had moved on then I could, hell two could play that game.

We walked down the stairs and onto the main dance floor, where I bumped into Willow who was walking towards the stairs. I grabbed Javine’s hand and pulled it to my mouth to give it a quick kiss, making sure Willow saw. She frowned slightly but then smiled when she saw me looking.

“Hey, you’re here,” she yelled over the music.

“Yep,” I replied coldly.

“You wana get a drink?” She asked hopefully.

“I’m kinda busy,” I said signalling towards Javine, who had conveniently wrapped herself around me.

“Oh, well come find me when your done?” she asked and I just nodded as she walked away.

What the hell was that? He was giving me the cold shoulder now? He had been fine before, yeah it was slightly awkward, but at least we were talking; now he was brushing me off? I glanced up toward the bar and locked eyes with A.J who waved and blew me a kiss which I returned and he made a show of catching it, which made me laugh hysterically, maybe that had something to do with all the alcohol I had consumed as well?

“Jay,Jay,” I yelled as I tried to pull him in for a hug, but stumbled into him instead.

“Will, Will, how much have you had?” He tried to scold but just ended up smiling.

“A few and I think I need some more to forget about Jackass carter blowing me off,” I said as I pouted.

“Yeah what have we learned about drinking to forget?” He asked in a teacher voice and I glanced to him in horror, realising who I was with, god Will idiot alert.

“Oh shit I’m sorry, I didn’t ….I ….I...”

“Willow honey, it’s fine, I wouldn’t be here if I couldn’t handle others drinking around me,” he said, smiling.

“I know,” I sighed and looked to Nick grinding against the girl and sighed again.

“Okay, I can’t drink; your love sick, this party blows what say we bail?” He asked holding out a hand which I took and let me pull me through the crowd towards the door. Once having found a cab and clambered in it occurred to me that I had to leave for Berlin in a matter of hours.

“Wait I need to...” but he cut me off before I could finish.

“I will have you back before midnight Cinderella,” he laughed. “Now know any good places around here that are quiet?” He asked.

Five minutes later we were sat on a bench watching the water pass under London Bridge. He pulled out a cigarette and lit up, glancing to me and after sighing he finally offered me the packet which I gleefully took and also lit one up. I took a long drag and exhaled slowly, just watching the world go by, I could feel myself starting to sober up.

“You guys are fucking unbelievable you know that?” A.J said nudging me slightly but I just stayed quiet. “I really thought that tonight might have been it for you guys, after what Kevin told me about your little meeting this afternoon.”

“That’s what I thought,” I replied honestly.

“Then what happened?” he asked turning in his seat so he was sat sideways on, looking at me.

“I have no fucking clue, he blew me off, I bumped into him on the dance floor with some girl, who can I say was all over him like a rash and he blew me off for that skank,” I ranted, ok maybe I hadn’t sobered up enough as I had first thought.

“Jealous much?” he chuckled and I pouted. “Something had to have happened, he was stoked about getting there to see you, he was actually the first one ready and that never happens,” he told taking a drag.

“Well he obviously changed his mind when he got there, I was just dancing and …” Oh fuck, he saw Neil and… shit, shit, shit.

“And?” A.J probed.

“FUCK,” I yelled, “He must have seen me and Neil kissing,” I sighed tossing my dog end on the ground.

“Mystery solved, who’s Neil?”

“Guitarist, decided tonight he wanted to make a move and kinda caught me of guard, trust me totally one sided, but Nick… he must have taken it wrong and… oh fucking idiot,” I yelled the last part running my hands through my hair. I couldn’t believe that he had taken it that way, but then again I guess it was only fair, you see someone kissing then you automatically assume there something going on.

“Nick or you?”

“Both, maybe this is a sign Jay, maybe we’re not supposed to get together, I mean we don’t communicate very well do we?”

“Nope, you’re both shit at it,” he said, standing up whilst pulling me with him, “C’mon,” he said.

“Where are we going?” I asked as he pulled me toward the road to hail cab.

“To straighten this out once and for all, we are going back there and you are going to tell him how you feel,” He said and I stopped dead in my tracks. “Willow, you guys are driving the rest of us crazy, I swear to God it’s you guys that are the reason for my residing hair line.”

“I can’t Jay,” I whispered.

“Yes you can, you go up to him and tell him what he interpreted was a mistake and then you tell him how you feel about him,” he said getting into the cab that had pulled up, he sighed when I didn’t follow and pulled on my arm. “Do you want to be with him?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“How do you feel about him?” I avoided his eyes and the question but he lifted my chin so my eyes were looking directly into his. And he asked “How did you feel when you saw him today?”

“Like…like… it was like I had never wanted anything more in my life, fuck it Jay I am so in over my head in being crushed out,” I said groaning into his shoulder.

“Babe it’s more than crushed out, crushed out was like what ten years ago when you first met,” he said laughing, turning to kiss my head. “So are we going back there to get rid of skank and replace her with you?” he asked and I kinda nodded my head. “Nu-uh say it,” he demanded.

“YES!” I yelled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10 by Tantilisinteaser

I watched her walk down the hall and sighed as I rested against the door frame, hoping that being still would stop my brain wobbling around in my head. I didn’t plan on company and sighed again when A.J’s door opened.

“She gone?” he asked and I just nodded my head, Fuck bad idea more brain movement. “Good get dressed, we’re gona have a talk.”

“Alex...”

“Nope, get dressed, I’ll be in the Starbucks round the corner you better be there in ten,” he said and with that he walked the same way in which Javine had, leaving me to get dressed.

Twenty minutes later I found him sat in one of the comfy armchairs of the local Starbucks, coffee in hand. I sat across from him and it was then I spotted the muffin, aw he did care. I grabbed for it but got my hand slapped away.

“First we are gona talk, then you eat,” he said looking up from the magazine he was reading. “What are you doing Dawg?” he asked, placing it down on the table.

“Err, drinking Coffee?” I replied to which he rolled his eyes.

“I mean with Willow,” and that made me roll my eyes. “Why’d you blow her off last night?”

“She was with some other guy, I didn’t want to get in the way of that, she looked like she was having fun trying to find his tonsils,” I snarled.

“When are you going to grow up? Did you even talk to her about it?” He asked and I kept quiet trying to avoid the question. “Thought so, well I had an interesting conversation with her last night that guy made a move on her and if you had seen the whole picture you would have seen Willow push him away.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah oh, she was pissed that you blew her off, and once again you two are back to square one. How do you really feel about her Nick? Be honest.” I sighed contemplating his words, I wasn’t sure in how I felt so how could I be honest?Keep quiet maybe you can dodge the question but after a while I knew I wasn’t going anywhere until I had answered.

“I…there is something there, I mean when we were younger it was cool cause she was close to my age and stuff and we had things in common. Then it got screwed when we slept together she wanted more and I didn’t, then we were friends again. Then we slept together again and I wanted more and she didn’t. Now I’m not sure what I want, yeah I have feelings for her but our track record isn’t very good and I… I don’t know,” I sighed.

“Well no one said being fuck buddies was easy, and you haven’t tried the relationship thing with her,” A.J pointed out.

“I know but I don’t want to be in another long distance relationship, she’s touring, we’re gona be touring, it’s just too hard.”

“Her tour finishes soon and she has no plans lined up, I’m sure we have room for her in our band, life’s to short Nick, you need to out and grab what you want before its gone, I mean how did you feel last night when you thought she was with that guy?”

“I wanted to kick myself for waiting too long, I was so jealous. That’s why I tried to piss her off with Javine guess it kinda backfired huh?” I asked.

“Not entirely, she was all ready to come back and tell you how she felt but by that time you’d left. She was crushed man, but she had to leave for Berlin,” he said as he pushed the muffin in my direction and I smiled picking at it.

“So wise one, what do you suggest I do?” I asked through a mouthful.

“Learn some fuckin manners, and then go and get her man,” he said.

“One problem there, we leave for New York in three hours.”

“You can call her,” he said handing me his phone as he knew I had left mine back at the hotel. I toyed with it for a few minutes before dialling a number and brining it to my ear.

 

I fell into the couch of the dressing room and closed my eyes trying to collect my thoughts but I was rudely interrupted by the shrill ring of my cell phone. Shuffling around I grabbed it out of my back pocket and was smiled when I saw the name flash up on the caller I.D.

“Hey you,” I answered.

“Okay you owe me like three emails Willow so don’t hey you me,” I chuckled when I heard Autumn huff down the phone.

“Sorry things have been crazy here, how you been?” I asked whilst getting comfortable again.

“So, so, blows that my best friend got stolen away to tour Europe and didn’t even invite me along,” she moaned.

“Hey you had the chance to come to live 8, not my fault you turned it down,” I teased.

“Yeah, yeah, I know but Thailand compared to England what is Autumn gona choose? Anyway I just called to say I caught you on Live 8 and you fucking rocked, you were working it girl.”

“Thanks,” I replied fiddling with a stray piece of hair that kept falling in my eyes.

“When do you get back?” She asked.

“Knebworth is next week and then that’s it, I’ll be home by the beginning of August,” I said sighing at how fast the tour had come to an end, this time next month I would be back to real life, worrying about paying bills and cleaning my apartment, instead of wondering how loud the crowd were gona be or if I was ever gona beat Robbie at UNO.

“Cool, I get back next week; we have so much to catch up on but this is costing me a bomb girl, call me when you are back in the US, K?”

“Course, have fun sweetie, see you soon.”

“Bye,” she replied before I heard a dial tone. I rested my head back against the couch and closed my eyes hoping to catch some sleep before the show started. Last night had been shit to say the least, after deciding to come clean and tell Nick how I felt I was left feeling stupid and unwanted when he had already pissed off with skank. After composing myself I quickly be lined for the bus and was glad when we finally got moving. The plane ride had been full of turbulence and with so many of us having been drinking the plane was not left in as pristine condition as when the flight had started. Sound check blew because we were all so hung-over and to make matters worse, half the pyro hadn’t turned up.

I didn’t sound like it was going to be getting any better when my alone time was interrupted by someone barging into the room.

“Yeah that’s cool man, just fax the…,” Robbie quickly stopped talking when he realised I was in the room, “Look I uh can’t really talk now, yeah that’s fine, see you later…bye,” he said as he hung up quickly. What the hell was that about?

“You didn’t have to stop because of me,” I said and he just looked at me sheepishly.

“What? Have I grown another head or something?” I asked and he just shrugged okay now I was starting to get paranoid. “Rob? What?” I asked.

“Nothing, I uh it’s just private,” he tried to side track.

“But its something to do with me though, look if your trying to set me up with Brad I’m not gona be mad,” I joked but he didn’t laugh instead he just made some excuse about being late for something and left. Okay that was weird.

 

 

 

Chapter 11 by Tantilisinteaser

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter Eleven.

Following Tim through the maze of backstage I could hear the crowd getting louder, the show had started an hour and a half earlier but I had been hiding out in a car for nearly three hours before and now my butt was numb. I heard her voice and smiled as I remembered seeing her perform this song with him at Live 8. I desperately wanted to go further into the wing but I knew that I would be visible to her if I did so I kept back and attached my battery pack to my jeans pocket while I waited for the song to come to an end.

The music ended and I my body tensed, this was it.

“Now as you all know tonight is the last night of the tour, but next week is a special girls birthday,” he said turning to her and she just gave him a death glare, “ so what do you say we all sing her an early happy birthday?” he addressed the crowd and they all cheered. “Ready? On three, one ,two, three Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Willow, Happy Birthday to you.”

She blew the candles out from the cake that had been wheeled on to the stage and took a bow. She began to walk back towards her guitar but Robbie pulled her arm and made her stop.

“No, you have one more surprise, sit there,” he said pointing to a stool that was now centre stage, she looked at him questioningly but did as she was told. “Now I’m gona tell you all something about Willow here, she’s an amazing songwriter, but there is one song that she wishes she had written and as its her birthday we have added it to the set list tonight for her, enjoy it babe,” he said as the band kicked in and I saw a huge grin spread across her face.

Robbie rocked, I can’t believe he was going to sing this song, it would so totally suit his voice, hang on a minute I could hear the words but his mouth wasn’t… that was…oh fuck. I turned my head quickly but I still couldn’t see him I could just hear the words.

“This Romeo is bleeding

But you can’t see his blood

It’s nothing but some feelings

That this old dog kicked up

It’s been raining since you left me

Now I’m drowning in the flood

See I’ve always been a fighter

But without I give up.”

The crowd got louder and I looked to my left but he still wasn’t there, so that meant he had to be coming on from the right. I slowly turned my head and it was then he came into my view. He looked nervous walking towards me but there was also something else in his eyes. He stopped ten feet from where I was as he sang the bridge and I wanted to get up and go to him but I was frozen to the spot.

 

“Now I can’t sing a love song

Not that way it’s meant to be

Well I guess I’m not that good anymore

But baby that’s just me

I will love you baby

Always

And I’ll be there forever and a day

Always

Now the pictures that you left behind

Are just memories of a different life

Some that made us laugh

Some that made us cry

One that made you have to say goodbye.”

He had edged closer towards me now but I was still laughing at the stupid pictures of us that had been put up on the screens. He could be such a dork at times, being lost in my thoughts I nearly jumped ten feet when I felt him run his hands through my hair.

“What I’d give to run my fingers through you hair

To touch your lips

To hold you near

When you say your prayers

Try to understand

I’ve made mistakes

I’m just a man

Well, there ain't no luck
In these loaded dice
But baby if you give me just one more try

We could pack up our old dreams and are old lives

And fined a place where the sun still shines

I’ll be there till the stars don’t shine

Till the heavens burst and the words don’t rhyme

I know when I die you’ll be on my mind

And I’ll love always.”

The song ended and I knew that I looked like a racoon due to the tears that had spilled from my eyes. He squeezed my hand which he had held since the second verse and smiled down to me, the crowd were still cheering as I stood up and cupped his face in my hands as we had the movie snog Robbie had suggested. He pulled me into his arms more as he kissed me back deeply.

By the time we pulled back from each other Robbie was already singing Angels along with the crowd and she just smiled up to me a goofy besotted grin that I had missed for so long. I pulled her into my arms again and began to dance with her.

And through it all she offers me protection

A lot of love and affection

Whether I’m right or wrong

And down the waterfall wherever it may take me

I know that life won’t break me

When I come to call

She won’t for sake me

I’m loving angels instead

When I’m feeling weak

And my plane walks down a one way street

I look above

And I know I’ll always be blessed with love

And as I’m feeling gross

She brings flesh to my bones

And when love is dead

I’m loving angels instead

 

The crowd had taken control of the second verse and Robbie just stood at one point of the stage looking out to the masses. It amazed me how America hadn’t caught on to him considering how huge he was over here. I glanced down to Willow but all I could see was the top of her head as she was snuggled in against my chest while we danced and I couldn’t help myself when the second chorus kicked in. I pulled one arm back and lifted my mike as I began to sing.

And through it all she offers me protection

A lot of love and affection

Whether I’m right or wrong

And down the waterfall wherever it may take me

I know that life won’t break me

When I come to call

She won’t for sake me

I’m loving angels instead.

The song ended and the crowd went crazy the only noise that could be heard was them cheering as the band stayed silent just looking out to them. I felt Willow pull me and the rest of the band gathered on the stage as we took a bow to the still cheering audience and I couldn’t wait to get back on the road again, to feel all this love directed at us.

“You guys need to act fast if you have pictures of these two, you’ll make a mint if you sell them to the press,” Robbie joked to the audience making Willow giggle and then reach up to kiss me again, it was a small peck but it felt amazing and I couldn’t believe it had taken me this long to come clean about how I felt.

 

Always – Bon Jovi

Angels – Robbie Williams.

 

 

Chapter 12 by Tantilisinteaser

“Breathe sweetie,” I said taking his hand, as soon as we had speed up for take off I felt him stiffen in his seat. Interlacing his fingers with mine and I felt him relax slightly but he still had his eyes closed, this was the quietest I had ever seen him and it made me chuckle. The plane eventually levelled out but it was only when the seatbelt sign was gone that he opened his eyes.

“Don’t laugh at me,” he whined as he nudged me.

“Sorry, it’s just funny how much you hate to fly and how much you have to do it,” I said lightly brushing my thumb over his hand.

“Yeah I know it sucks,” he yawned making me yawn along with him. It was nine am London time and I hadn’t slept for I don’t know how long. We had both gone to the wrap party for the end of the tour which was probably still going; we had left to catch a flight home. Before that I hadn’t slept well due to the hype of Knebworth, it had been amazing, all three nights of it but I was also a little sad, this tour had been a great confidence boost and last night would be one that I would never forget.

“I know we said we were gona talk about stuff…”

“But your beat, please say you’re beat cause I am,” he said making me giggle as I nodded my head. “S’cool, we’ll catch a few zz’s and talk later, got plenty of time on this fucking flight,” he groaned as he reclined his chair slightly and kicked off his shoes as I followed suit.

 

How long could a person sleep? How long could a person sleep in a position like that? How long could a person sleep, in a position like that, in a steel tube flying thousands of feet up in the air? I chuckled looking at her, her head was resting against the window and she was sat on her feet, she was going to get cramps in her feet when she woke up.

Last night had been great but it wasn’t what I had had in mind. I was going to take her out to dinner show her that I could be a gentleman and tell her how I felt and why I had done the stupid things I had done. I had forgotten one tiny detail though it was the last night of the tour and of course she wanted to go the party. That in itself had been great though, we laughed and danced and kissed and generally acted like a couple which was nice. But we did need to talk and the longer I sat here the more I wondered what I was going to say to her, how I was going to explain why I had been such a jerk, where we were going to go from here? It didn’t look like I had much time either as she was stirring slightly.

She looked childlike sleeping, like when we had first met. Her mouth was open slightly and my inner child was telling me to stick something in it, if it had been Howie I would have. She was so peaceful her breathing even and her hand clasped in mine. Her eyes started flickering and then I saw the deep green that I loved as she groggily opened them and looked at me questioningly.

“What?” she asked hoarsely, moving slightly.

“Well you’re a ray of sunshine when you wake up, I’m not allowed to look at you now?” I joked and she just stuck her tongue out at me whilst she stretched a bit more and tried to stand up but winced as she did so. “Pins and needles?” I asked and she just nodded, sighing as she sat back down and threw her legs over my lap. I gently started rubbing her legs and her feet keeping quiet so she could wake up properly. After a few minutes she pulled her feet from my grasp and shifted in her seat so she could capture my lips with hers. I sighed as I kissed back my tongue looking for entrance into her mouth which she allowed; I gently sucked on her tongue as she sighed happily into my mouth and then pulled away.

“Hi,” she said as I opened my eyes to her still tired ones.

“Hi, sleep well?” I asked taking her hand in mine.

“Yep, how much longer?” she asked trying to stifle a yawn.

“Bout two hours, yay,” I groaned and she smiled as she reached down to grab her water.

“It’s not that bad Nick anyway gives us plenty of time to talk. Don’t look like that… fine I’ll talk first then,” she said as she took a swig of her drink buying time to contemplate what she was going to say. Putting her drink back she took my hand again and began speaking.

“I’m sorry for leaving how I did, I was out of order but I was so pissed off and well you know how I get,” I nodded and she hit my arm screeching, “You’re not supposed to agree!” to which I just laughed as she continued. “I was sick of seeing you get hurt but you didn’t want to hear what anyone had to say and it was just easier for me to walk away. When I saw what she accused I did call but I bottled out and then it was just to hard to pick up the phone and when I did see you, you were such a pain in the ass and it felt like you didn’t like me anymore and …” she trailed off looking out of the window and I could tell she was trying to hide the tears. I pulled her face back round so I could see her and caught the tear that slipped on my thumb as I brushed it aside.

“I could never not like you Will, you’ve been… you’re more than just a friend, I understand why you left but I was stubborn like you, I never like admitting that I’m wrong cause when you’re wrong most of the time it’s a pain in the ass,” that made me smile at him. “After London I really wanted something to happen between us but you needed some space after asshole broke it off and I respected that and then things between us got distant. When I saw you again, I was going through a rough stage with everything, Kevin was pissing me off, I was getting heat from my folks, it was just a bad day I never meant to act like I did,” he said brushing a stray piece of my hair behind my ear. “Then when I saw you at Live 8, all I could think was that’s my best friend up there, my fucking sexy best friend and then when we talked I thought things were gona be good again, but I fucked it up by taking something the wrong way and we were back to square one,” he said sighing and we fell into silence.

“What changed your mind?” I asked.

“Alex, told me about your little rendezvous, told me straight that I needed to figure out what I wanted and he was right, he and Kris have been bugging me for weeks to talk to you,” He said rolling his eyes.

“But why last night? Live 8 was two weeks ago,” I asked confused.

“We had stuff that I had to be at for the album release and I needed time to really think on how I was going to redeem myself, but I think I did that though, didn’t I?” he asked shyly looking at me.

“You did more than that sweetie, last night was fucking amazing, I think my heart leapt into my throat when I realised who was singing, and I don’t think I thanked you for that,” I said as I kissed him soundly.

“You call that a thank you?” he sighed as he pulled away and I rolled my eyes going in for another kiss.

“Nope I’m still not feeling it,” he joked trying to keep a straight face.

“Well if you hadn’t of booked such an early flight maybe I could have thanked you properly this morning,” I said raising my eyebrows up at him.

“There’s a bathroom back there, wana join the mile high club?” he questioned. Looking around I saw most people engrossed in the film that was playing or busy doing other things. Standing up I leant over and whispered in his ear “I’m already a member,” as I walked into the isle towards the bathroom and threw him a look, hoping he’d get the message.