To Live Without Her by Kristina
Summary: Memories of the past continue to plague him. Memories he just can't seem to let go. Memories that his heart aches and longs for.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2316 Read: 5245 Published: 08/30/03 Updated: 10/04/03

1. Chapter 1 by Kristina

2. Chapter 2 by Kristina

3. Chapter 3 by Kristina

4. Chapter 4 by Kristina

Chapter 1 by Kristina
Kevin sat secluded on the bus as his friends crept silently passed him. They knew something was bothering him, but figured Kevin would tell them whenever he needed to.
Kevin looked out the tinted window at the raindrops silently falling outside. He let a small tear trickle down his pale face. Why did she leave him? That question ran through his thoughts day in and day out, never subsiding, never answered. He had thought everything in their relationship was perfect. He always did everything in his power to make her happy. His thoughts drifted back to the first day he saw her beautiful eyes and her heart-warming smile.
Kevin was sitting on his balcony at the hotel they were staying at. He saw her perfect body in the pool five stories below his room. He wateched her for nearly an hour, mesmerized by her body and the way she carried herself. After another twenty minutes of debating he finally got up enough courage to go down and check her out at a closer distance. When he managed to finally make it down to he pool he stood at the gate still in awe. When he opened the metal door, the gate let out a squeek that made this beautiful woman turn towards him. Kevin's heart jumped at seeing her sparkling eyes light up as she smiled at him.
He continued to keep his eyes fixated on her as he walked to a chair and stripped his shirt and layed it, along with his towel on the plastic furniture. He slowly walked to the edge or the pool and jumped in. He swam around a little, silently and unknowingly watching her, until finally he went and sat on the steps. He continued to watch this mystery woman. She noticed his interest in her and slowly swam his way.
"Mr. Richardson, is there a reason as to why you have been staring at me?"
He was amazed, not by the fact that she knew who he was, but because she was so calm about the issue.
"Hello? Are you okay?" She asked waving her hand infront of his face.
Kevin was amazed at how sweet her voice sounded. It just rang in his ears until the message finally got through.
"Huh?...Yeah I'm okay." He said getting lost in her eyes.
"Okay, thought you drifted off somewhere." She said stifling her laughter. "Oh how rude of me, I'm Nicole."
"Well Nicole, its nice meeting you."
Kevin sat secluded on the bus as his friends crept silently passed him. They knew something was up but figured Kevin would tell them as soon as he came out of his depression state.
Kevin looked out the tinted window at the raindrops silently falling outside. He let a small tear trickle down his pale face. Why did she leave him? He thought everything in their relationship was perfect. He always did everything in his power to make her happy. His thoughts drifted back to the first day he saw her beautiful eyes and her heart-warming smile.
Kevin was sitting on his balcony at the hotel they were staying at. He saw her perfect body in the pool five stories below his room. He wateched her for nearly an hour. He was mesmerized by her body and the way she carried herself. After another twenty minutes of debating he finally got up enough courage to go down and check her out at a closer view point. When he managed to finally make it down to he pool he stood at the gate still mesmerized. When he opened it, the gate let out a squeek that made this beautiful woman turn towards him. Kevin's heart jumped at seeing her sparkling eyes light up at she smiled at him.
He continued to keep his eyes fixated on her as he walked to a chair and stripped his shirt and layed it, along with his towel on the plastic furniture. He slowly walked to the edge or the pool and jumped in. He swam around a little until he began to feel a little exhausted. He went over to the steps and sat there. He continued to watch this mystery woman. She noticed his interest in her and slowly swam his way.
"Mr. Richardson, is there a reason why you have been staring at me?"
He was amazed, not by the fact that she knew who he was but because she was so calm about the issue.
"Hello? Are you okay?" She asked waving her hand infront of his face.
Kevin was amazed at how sweet her voice sounded. It just rang in his ears until the message finally got through.
"Huh?...Yeah I'm okay." He said getting lost in her eyes.
"Okay, thought you drifted off somewhere." She said stiffling her laughter. "Oh how rude of me, I'm Nicole."
"Well Nicole, its nice meeting you."
"It's nice to meet you too."
Chapter 2 by Kristina
"Hey Kevin!" Brian said snapping his fingers infront of his face, pulling him out of his thoughts.
"Huh?"...What?" He said upset Brian interrupted him,
"What's up? Why are you so distant?" There was nothing but worriedness and love in his voice. He could tell him everything, but didn't want to. He knew it would only make the road even more difficult. Having his family pity him for something that happened so long ago.
"Nothings up and I'm not distant." He lied, trying to put up a smile, but failed miserably, knowingly to Brian.
"Right, you're a thousand miles away." He tried joking, trying to lighten up the dismal mood.
"I was just thinking." At least that wasn't a complete lie. He had been thinking. It was all he seemed to do lately. Thinking about things he couldn't control, things he couldn't amend, no matter how hard he tried.
"About?" Brian questioned, once again bringing him out of his thoughts.
He could tell him, relieve some of the pain and put some of the burden on someone else. But once again, his pride kept him in check.
"Its nothing, I'm just thinking."
"Mmm Hmm. Well if you need to talk, you know where to find me." Brian said, hesitantly getting up and moving towards another area of the bus and leaving Kevin to drift back to Nicole and their first date.
He slowly walked up to her front door, more nervous than he had ever been in his whole life. It took him a good two minutes to get up the nerve to ring the doorbell. Within a minute, the door opened to reveal Nicole standing there in a black dress that hugged her in all the right sports. Her beautiful blonde hair hung in small wavy curls down her back above her butt.
"Hey Kevin, come on in." She said showing a genuine smile and opening the door further to allow him to walk in.
"Wow this is nice." He said admiring the house.
"Thank you, although I'm sure you have something a little bigger, this is what I call home." She joked. They had joked about each other's living conditions numerous time on the phone. No matter how big a house he had, she had told him she prefered something small and cozy. Something that wasn't too big to clean. He on the other hand could do nothing but agree.
"Your welcome." He said smiling. He had tried to picture her house many times as she tried her hardest to describe every nook and crevice in its little space. Her description was perfect.
That night, before they went out, they talked for awhile, talking about anything and everything that came to mind, until the clock struck seven-thirty, indicating it was time for them to leave.
The dinner was great. Everything that night was perfect. Even the movie afterwards was perfect.
At her front door they stoof staring into each others eyes. They were both so genuinely happy. There was an attraction there, and both could feel. Both knew that something was happening between them. They both knew it over the phone the many times they talked, but this date, their first put it all into prospective. They both wanted the same thing.
Kevin reached out and wrapped his arms around her waist while she wrapped hers around his neck. They looked into each others eyes and their faces inched closer...and closer... and....
"Kevin!...Kevin..."
Chapter 3 by Kristina
"Kevin!...Kevin!" Nick said tapping him on the shoulder, trying to get him to pay attention. He had been talking to him, but half way through the conversation, he realized this man wasn't listening, in fact he didn't even seem to realize he was in the same viscinity as him.
"What is it Nick? Kevin asked looking up at him, puzzlement written all over his face.
"Brian was wondering if you wanted something to eat. We're stopping at McDonalds in about twenty minutes. So what do you want?"
"Yea, just get me a burger and a fry, y'all know what I like."
"Okay man." Nick said leaving the older man to get back to his thoughts.
Kevin sat back in his chair and drifted back to his and Nicole's first kiss.
As their faces inched clorser, they both closed their eyes, anticipating the events unfolding. Their lips connected and both sighed. Kevin loved the feeling of her soft lips against his. He slowly parted her lips with his tongue and slid it in, discovering new aspects of this wonderful woman. She met his tongue with just as much passion. As they parted they both started into one another's eyes, content and in their own little fairy tale.
Breaking contact, Nicole unlocked her door, and looked back at Kevin.
"Night Kevin." She said giving him a hug.
"Sweet dreams." he whispered as he lifted her chin to give her one last kiss before she broke away and went inside. Before closing the door she looked back at him and gave him one last smile.
Kevin slowly drifted back to reality. He could smell the auroma of the food and heard the guys up front sorting out whose is who's. Within a few minutes, he heard footsteps coming closer and A.J. revealed himself with a burger and some fries on a styrafoam plate.
"Hey man, you doin' all right?" AJ asked, handing Kevin the plate.
"I'm fine." Kevin said taking a bite of the burger and stuffing a fry in his mouth.
"All right dude, but we're here if ya need us, okay?" Kevin nodded and that was the end of that conversation and A.J. left Kevin finished his meal and once again started staring out the window. It wasn't raining anymore, but it was bright and sunny. It brought back a memory that actually brought a smile to his face. It was by far the best day in his entire life...
Chapter 4 by Kristina
The first time Nicole had seen him in concert his energy and motivation provided one of the best shows he and the guys had ever performed.
It was the first show of the Millennium tour and he had invited her to watch him do what he did best. When the show opened and all the guys came out, Kevin's eyes landed on hers. Even from up in the air, he could see her smiling, which brought a huge cheesy grin to his own face. Throughout the majority of the concert their eyes stayed connected, as corny as it sounds. He would serenade her on the slow songs and "got jiggy wit it" on the fast songs. When fans were allowed to come up on stage, he grabbed her hand and pulled her up to his level. The two locked hands, never letting go and walked aroudn the stage for all to see. Though no one know she was the mysterious girlfriend they had read about in magazines, but that would dawn upon them the next day. After the song, he reluctantly let her return to her seat where she watched the rest of the show.

"Kevin?" Howie yelled, snapping his hands infront of the older members' face.
"Oh, hey Howie, what's up?" He asked shaking his head, clearing his thoughts.
"I just thought I'd let you know that we'll be in L.A. in about an hour."
"Thanks." Howie nodded and left Kevin.

He slowly drifted back to an evening that was filled with some much passion that words could hardly express the feelings and emotions displayed that evening. Kevin had two days before he had to leave Florida before the tour would be moving out of the the state. He had called Nicole and asked if he could come over, and of course she accepted.
When he pulled in her driveway, she was all ready outside waiting for him. He had taken in her presence before wrapping her in his arms and giving her a longing kiss.
The two talked for hours on end, only a few minutes of silence had escaped into the conversation, but it wasn't a silence that was uncomfortable, but the opposite.
During one of those silence intervals, Kevin pulled Nicole closer to him and wiped a strand of her hair out of her face. The two made eye contact and Kevin lowered his lips to hers, never breaking hte eye contact.
"I love you." he whispered when her wrapped his arms around her and pulled her onto his lap.
She turned to him and smiled. "I love you too Kevin."
The two pulled one another into a steamy kiss, that manages to make it back to her bedroom, where many kisses and many new territories were explored.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=920