Haunted House by AngelgirlD
Summary:

WPHuntedHouse-2.jpg picture by AngelgirlDorough

A new house it's a sign of a new life and a new beginning, but what happens when the old doesn't want to let go and new comes in. Angella Arevir buys a beautiful Victorian house with a dark past.  The house is haunted by a ghost many said was betrayed and its out for revenge; will Angella leave before it's too late or learn to live with a ghost?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie
Genres: Romance, Science Fiction, Supernatural, Suspense
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 3473 Read: 2075 Published: 10/16/08 Updated: 10/21/08
Story Notes:
 

 Haunted House

By AngelgirlDorough

©Oct. 2008

Disclaimer: This story is purely from my imagination, to celebrate Halloween. The characters is for pure fictional for entertainment purpose only, ok. I do not own Howie D or his houses so please people use common sense. The only name that I own is Angella Arevir, its mine.  Do not take any part of this story if is done its call plagiarism because is mine not yours so do your own, it's easy.

1. Chapter 1 by AngelgirlD

2. Chapter 2 by AngelgirlD

Chapter 1 by AngelgirlD
Author's Notes:
Enjoy my first Halloween story as I do a take on the traditional hunted house!
 

"Noooo, please don't, I love her," he pleaded with the crazy madman.  "Ha, ha, ha," he laughs manically.  "I won't kill her if you trade places," he retorted smiling evilly.  "Oh, ok please, please, I do as you say but let her go," he pleads for her life again anguishes of what might happen next.  The man lets her go, staring evilly straight to the man in front of him, which is scare and worry. The man walks toward him. "Good," he continues to smile and without much of a word he gives a poison to drink instead of using the dagger in his hand.  "No, love, it's not worth it," she tries but its too late he does.  To moments later, find out the gruesome truth. As they start to cackle and then she say to a very confuse dying man, "You really shouldn't have, drink that for me, because there were never love for a pitiful like you.  I just wanted the house for myself." She confess twirling around rejoicing of her deed and his faces become without emotion; as, he is dying he says his last words, "You both are lower than dirt itself.  You both shall never enjoy my demise because I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY HOUSE!

 

Many years later, Angella Arveir walks into her new house, happy to have something of her own.  She loves her mom but it was time for independence.    Looking around she had a lot to do, so she busy herself by cleaning the first floor of the Victorian house.  She is almost done when she hears foot steps coming from the second floor.  "Is anyone up there?"  She hollers from the stairs but she never got an answer.  Opting to climb the stairs to check it out but she is interrupted by a knock in the front door.  Looking up before stepping out of the first steps of the stair, she goes to answer the door right next to it. "Hey girl, I miss you," says Nivek Nosdrahcir, her boyfriend of few years now.  "Hey back, what are you doing here?"  She asks stun to see him there, he suppose to be in Canada.  "I know that you are surprise to see me but I have missed you in Canada." He says though his temper change abruptly, "Why wouldn't you come with me to Canada," he says in a demanding tone.  "You know, I don't like it, when you talk to me like that; so please, stop it," she replies sternly; meanwhile, she doges the question because in reality she is not sure to share the rest of her life with him and changing the subject she asks, "Do you want to help me clean? I'm almost done with the first floor.  You can begin to clean the second floor..."  "Nah, I rather get some food because I bet you don't have food here," he says cutting her off, dogging away from the chore.  ‘That's a woman job, not mine-a man.' He thought giving her a quick kiss on the lips then walking the same way he came, leaving her alone once again.

 However, she did not mind at all, she is relax and comfortable.  She climbs the stairs, almost near the top, when she feel chills, making her embraces herself for warmness; while, looking around and see nothing, just a semi dark hallway.  Think nothing of it and giving herself courage as she knows she is not alone, she goes on.  Already on the second floor, she begins by opening the thick velvet curtains which it is a current theme through the house it seems.  The bay window just in front of the stairs gives a nice view to the yard in front of the house. ‘Hmmm, a nice garden of roses of all colors, daisies and so on' she thought and smile came to her face. When she turns away from the window to the hallway, she sees the hallway had some light now instead of darkness.  According to the real estate agent, the house had been like that for almost 20 years.  ‘I wonder why he didn't sell this house before,' she thought as she glances over the place.  ‘Whatever, their lost my gain, this is amazing house, a lot of dust but I think they are antics...'she is interrupted of her thoughts, when she hears a banging on the front door. 

She goes down a semi curve stairs cautiously not knowing what to expect, reaching the door she hears, "It's me, open the door, its freezing cold," Nivek yell returning.  She groans but opens the door with a roll of her eyes, "You couldn't knock?" She asks annoy by his actions where he just gives her a crooked smile and walks in.  "Woman I got you food and this is how you treat me."  He says with a fake hurt in his voice.  "You went to get to some food because you didn't want to help me clean this beautiful house," she retorted which he smile.  "Beautiful, hmmm, I don't know honey," he answers back as he looks around once again.  "Why you couldn't move in with me to my place, its much better than this," he persisted but getting annoying by his pestering, exasperated she ask him, "You came to see me or nag at me because I don't want to lived with you?"  "You know what, you are right.  I came to see if I could persuade you into leaving with me but apparently you don't want to be with me; so enjoy," angry he tells her almost throwing the food at her.   Leaving her once again, however this time seems for good.  She takes the food with her going into the dinning room and leaves it there as she is not hungry; instead, she is hungry for exploration-exploring her new house.  Meanwhile, cleaning the house from dirt and cow webs accumulated through the years; so she can live in it. 

At the second floor she cleans mirrors, tables, rugs in the hallway; then she continues on, moving into the bedrooms which are three and the master bedroom.  Opening the first door, the door right next to the stairs, the room is small but cozy.  Again it has velvet curtains dark blue but this time, they are drawn open.  There is a small bed in the centered, a lot of blue on the walls and that's all what this room have.  She gazes smiles at it and says, "This room is beautiful for my sewing machine and craft stuff.  Of course, changing the colors of the walls to more settle color, maybe beige or white," she told her self but soon feeling a chill again, where she looks around for the windows and see that they are closed.  "I guess, I need heavy comforts because this winter is going to be heavy," she reason with herself as she moves on cleaning the room that now, smell fresh clean-with Mr. Clean, lemon scent. 

The other room that is across from it, it's in the manner, deciding on light blue and white velvet curtains, to decorate that room.  "I can take the extra fabric from the other room, the dark blue velvet curtains and do some decorations for this room as its going to have blue," she says again to no one or at least that's what she thought.  "Changing my house, who are you?"  She suddenly hears in a whisper wind.  "It, It's someone there?"  She asks jolting afraid, looking everywhere in the room but no one is there and no answer is heard.  To give herself some courage, she finish what she is doing, by wiping the floor as fast as she could.  She goes on to the master bedroom there, she finds a huge bed that is center in the room, with beige comforter and even have night stand tables on either side of the bed.  Then, at the far wall in the corner of the room it is a large dark oak amour.  She walks toward the amour and take a peak inside opening it, she finds, that it contains a man's clothing still in it.  She ran a finger to touch the fabric, as she admiring it, feeling the fabric soft but filthy.  Taking it out, she realizes they seem to be in good conditions, all the while, making her wonder who it had belonged to.  Deciding on washing them, for later donating it, she starts to take them out but in the midst of it, her phone rings; so she goes to answer it. 

"Hello-" "Hey how is my girl in her new home?" The other person says and she answer with joy, "Hey Mom, well it's great I love my new home, it is not a lot that I have to do as renovation goes yet, just a lot of cleaning.  When are you coming?"  She asks her mom and she reply, "Maybe next week.  Well listen, I got to go, I just wanted to know how you were. Bye," "Oh, ok- bye," she answers when she hears click soon follow by the dial tone telling her the call have ended, while she still holding the phone in her ear.  "WOW, she did not miss me," she says sad while, a tear slips, running down her cheek, whipping it away she goes back to the room and find the clothes back in the amour.  Surprising her to no end, she says out loud, "Hey, this is my house too and I need space for my clothes," she laughs at her actions as she tries to give courage to herself as she knows now for certain something is there.  Leaving the room with the bed sheets and comforter to the baseman where her laundry room is located.  Putting the bedding clothes to wash, she feels she is being watch from the stairs where she quickly looks at but see nothing.  Leaving the clothes to wash, she moves back upstairs to the master bedroom, picking on the way up, a box from the first floor.  Arriving upstairs, in the master bedroom, her eyes goes directly to the amour and she sees the clothes have been moved aside; like, leaving her some space as she has asked.  She says smiling, "You are willing to share huh-good."

 She opens the box she brought from downstairs; it's full of clothes where she begins to put them in the amour. To quickly find out, she needs more room, looking around to see where she can find anything she can use to stored her clothes in the meantime.  Suddenly, she hears, a ‘thud' on a door next to the bed.  She walks over and opens it finding a huge closet, "MMMM, I like it, you are spooling me," she says happily as she knows it's a friendly ghost.  She finishes unpacking and organizes the room, it appears at least her room it's the way she wants it.

Going back down stairs to the laundry room, she picks up the bed spread and comforter coming back upstairs.  She dresses the bed and she is stun at the beauty her room has become just with that.  All the sudden her stomach begins to grumble as she notices it's already dark outside.  "I guess its time to eat" going back downstairs; she pre-heats the food from earlier.  She hears a bin sound from the microwave, "MMM, smells delicious," she says taking it with her to the small round kitchen table and begins to eat.  While eating she hears as someone sits right next to her on the other chair.  She does not become alarm like before as she has become familiar to the presence. She feels accompany even though it gives her chills but she is not afraid anymore.  As she finish she goes and relaxes in the living room, where also the presence follows her.  She begins to ask questions out loud hoping he or she answers but no answer came. 

Getting tired talking to herself she goes to the bathroom to take a shower however; there, she becomes aware of the presence, the one she have been feeling all day and says, "No peeking, ok." Looking around, afterward she turns on the shower and gets in. 

After taking shower she gets ready for bed, get in bed and laying her head on the pillow, she goes in deep sleep; where, she begins to dream.  "No, please let her go," says a man that only Angella could see his dark locks as his back is to her.  "No, unless you give yourself." Says a menacing voice but she could not see the person, whose voice belong to; as, she is in the hallway, then back in the kitchen as like she is following the other man. The man is well-build, mocha skin, well defined as she could finally see his worrisome face.   He is rushing all about, looking for something valuable on a closet, to save his lover.  Finding it, he rush back to the kitchen, he gives the money as he pleaded for her life, "Please let her go now," now Angella could see a thin, tall, fair woman being held by a big, ugly man that had a cigar in his mouth and dagger at her throat.  Letting her go, the man offers small bottle and says, "Drink this," and he did while they mock him for his actions.  All sudden Angella wakes up, panting for air and sweaty, "He was betrayed," she says knowing already she was dreaming of the presence. 

Angella look at the clock next to the bed and she see is one in the morning when she hears a banging on the door, "Who could be at this hour?"  Angella gets up and goes downstairs turning on the lights, lighting the stairs and the porch.  Opening the door, she finds Nievk wasted where he slur, "I love you, Come Back with me."  "You are drunk, what's the matter with you," she says shock, where he replies slurring the words, on her face, "I want you back baby, you are everything to me."  Angella moves her face as to block the stench of alcohol, "No, and you are drunk, plus you don't love me.  You just want one thing which you won't have, so please leave," she says trying to closed the door; but, he push himself in, lunching at her, pining her to the stair banister.  "Let go of me," she say struggling to get free, "No. you are mine," as he grope her and sliding a hand under her night gown moving it towards her thigh.  "STOP TOUCHING ME!"  She yells trying to make him stop but instead he covers her mouth and with his other hand he continues his assault.  "You are going to be mine," he growls, yanking at her panties, never seeing the lights flickering while the front door closes.  Nivek is pull back,  flying crashing to the door with unseeing force while Angella is panting heavy, grabbing her chest, afraid; meanwhile, she stare at Nivek, seeing him struggling to breath as his hands are position at his throat, like trying to pull away the unknown force.  "Please stop, you are hurting him," she begs, suddenly hears, an angry hunting voice, "HE WAS HURTING YOU, HE MUST DIEEEE."  "No, please, let him go. He will never comeback, right Nivek," she says while he nods in agreement as his eyes are fill with fear.  He is let go, with a loud thud on the floor as he body drop to the floor.  Angella goes towards him but he flinch at her touch; so, she did not touch him but asks in concern, "Are you alright?"  However, he did not answer he got up, opens the door fleeting away. 

She closed the door and for the first time of this whole ghost ordeal she feels fear, but he tries to appease her by saying, "I won't hurt you."  Angella not really convince and shook up from everything that happened, she stays downstairs in the sofa where he also stays watching her sleep.
Chapter 2 by AngelgirlD
Author's Notes:
Feedback is well appreciated!
 

The next morning, she awakes up early, gets ready and leaves the house.  She goes to the library; initiate investigation on the house history. Angella does research all day, only finding a couple of newspaper entries and with pictures of him.

THE MOST PROMINENT MAN:  IN SOCIATY UPPER CLASS

 

Meet the most covet bachelor. Howard Dwaine Dorough, a very prominent man in the real-estates.  Love by many for his hard work but also for having a big heart as he do a lot work for the needed.

We shared his nomination for his hard work at the Hilton wave Ballroom. Dorough as always a gentleman, women care for him and men respect him. Had a wonderful evening and rejoice when presented with the award.

T. Roberts

Sept. 19, 1920

NEWS: HOWARD DAINE DOROUGH IS ENGAGE TO BE MARRIED!!!

 

‘At the Dorough's estate,

 Howard Dwaine Dorough celebrated his engagement to his love interest for about few months, Leigh B, an unknown celebrity to this parts but its say that they met on one of his trips that he went to close a deal. What a Deal!

They are to be married right away as they say they cannot wait anymore but to me I think he went into this rushing in and not really knowing.  I guess time will tell.

T. Roberts

Nov. 16, 1920

SUICIDE OR MURDER BE YOU BETHE JUDGE

‘At the Dorough's estate, mysteriously Howard Dwaine Dorough was found dead.  A suicide/murder had occurred. Who Knows, investigators of the case says it's unusual because there was never found a suicide letter.  However, his bride to be as well as his business partner was seeing leaving the scene.  They were search but never found.  He will be missed.  

T. Roberts

Oct. 31, 1920

HAUNTED HOUSE

Not sure. But the owners that came to own that place would leave it and it said because its haunted, by the previous owner that have die there,  Sr. Howard Dwaine Dorough.  Some say that he was betrayed by some one close but no one knows who, his fiancée or the business partner who has push him into committing suicide' 

T. Roberts

  Oct.31 1921

 

She stop when she notice the time when she is approach by the librarian telling her the library was closing, "WOW, I been here all day." She makes some copies of the clippings and return home.  At home, she is more at ease, ‘Howard was just defending me,' she thought leaving it at that concluding something she already knew, he was a friendly ghost.

Many years have pass and she is an old lady with white silver hair.   She is love by everyone.  The house it's not longer known as a haunted house but Angella knew better.  One Halloween night, Angella as many others in the past, would give out candy to the children as they enter the hunted house decorate with pumpkins, web cobs, darkness and candles flickering, all through the house. "Mrs. Angella, you are a witch this year-a good witch? The children asks where Angela nods and smiles, "Cool," replies the children, when she opens the door. "OH-why, thank you little angels," she answer giving them a wink while letting them in.  Already inside the children would be delight by the show, which Mrs. Angella would prepare for them every year.  They would hear moans; door opening and closing even see it.  In addition, the children would hear footsteps but they would laugh it off saying, "Cool Mrs. Angella," she just smiles giving them candy, right after, she would see them leave. 

The children went off happy to the next house, "You have outdone yourself this year, my friendly ghost," she says when she suddenly see a transparent figure.  "You know you love it," he retorted giving her a sweet smile.  "I think I'm going to bed, I'm tired," she tells him and he reply, "I think is time my dear."  "Already? How long it has been?" "Thirty years." He replies while she lay on the bed.  She goes to sleep suddenly is awaken by her platonic love, Howard, "Angella, Angella, come my dear."  She opens her eyes and walks toward him, "Where are we going?"  She asks taking his hand, he answered with loving eyes, "Home."  "You are coming too?"  She asks astonish as she knows his story, "Yes.  Its time for me too, to let go," he replies as a huge bright light appears while they look in each others eyes fill with timeless love they walk thru.

Happy Halloween!

 

 


 

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9296