Bound by Blood by KevinsChickadee
Past Featured StorySummary: There was one thing that Howard wanted, and that was to gain eternal life. But when his master thrived for power and world dominiation, his 'gift' became eternal damnnation on his Catholic soul.

Will the help of a upper middle class Spanish family change his way of life forever? Or will his master crush him with the weight of his own lust for control?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Action, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 9307 Read: 10473 Published: 10/16/08 Updated: 10/18/08
Story Notes:
NOTE: this was previously known as Change of Heart, but I changed the title for the sake of Halloween. :)

1. Chapter 1 by KevinsChickadee

2. Chapter 2 by KevinsChickadee

3. Chapter 3 by KevinsChickadee

4. Chapter 4 by KevinsChickadee

5. Chapter 5 by KevinsChickadee

6. Chapter 6 by KevinsChickadee

7. Chapter 7 by KevinsChickadee

8. Chapter 8 by KevinsChickadee

Chapter 1 by KevinsChickadee
Author's Notes:
This story is rated R for strong language and brief nudity.
"She's the one," stated a man in a black cloak. 4 other men walked to him, looking at a crystal ball being restrained by a Demon's claw. "Young...virtuous. Just right. Nighthawk, I need you to go down there, and bring her to us." One of the cloaked men unveiled himself. His eyes were a crystal ice blue, and his hair was of a dark blonde color. "Yes, Master." His hands were enclosed together as he walked away from the other clansmen. "Master?" asked a second member of the Dark Clan. "How much blood are you willing to spill for immortality?" The tallest member of the Clan walks to him, unveiling himself, his striking green eyes staring down at him. "As much as it takes. I crave to live forever, Blackwing. Do you want to live forever, and feed on blood every chance you get?" The short one held his head down, and said softly, "Yes, Master..." "Good. I have a special assignment for you..." "Does it involve murdering women?" "Are you questioning me, Blackwing?" "I just don't understand why you're doing this to our opposite gender..." The leader slapped him hard across the face. "You dare question me? Are you weakening before me? Are you?!" He held his face with both his hands. "This is our destiny, Blackwing. I cannot tolerate weakness...you know what we do to the weak when they cross our paths...don't you?" The short one's brown eyes twinkled, then dulled as he looked down at the dirt ground once again. "Forgive me, Sire. I shall question you no more..." The master pushed him away, and walked off, disappearing into the darkness. Blackwing looked to the sky, and saw nothing but utter darkness. He sits on the ground, wondering why he joined this clan of evil. He had to sacrifice his Roman Catholic faith for the trials of evil and murder. He hated the fact of taking ones life for blood. It wasn't him.

"Please, don't hurt me! I'll give you money...let go of me!" Two blonde men dragged in a young woman, scared for her life. She didn't put up much of a struggle, since she was then thrown to a parlor floor like garbage. Her long, red hair scattered over her face, her wrists were bruised by their mighty grips. While she was trying to crawl backward away from them, the two blondes picked her up again. "What are you going to do with me...?" Nighthawk walks slowly behind her, ripping her dress off, revealing her naked body. She quickly covered herself after she stood naked before them. "Please...I'll give you anything you want..." "Oh, believe me..." the tall Clansman walked druidly to her. "You have everything we want." Blackwing couldn't watch. He turned his head away, a pained look on his pale, mocha face. "Why aren't you lookin', Blackwing?" said a man walking to him, holding a wine glass full of blood. "I can't watch, Crow...I just can't...I want it to stop..." "Well, it can't just stop, B...this is who we are..." The man had a Gothic personality, wearing a black tank top, with black torn jeans. He had tattoos all over his arms, and he wore shades and braids. "I didn't think it would be like this..." "Well, get used to it, man...just sit back, and enjoy the ride..." Crow hands him a glass of blood for him to drink. "Chilled, just how you like it..." Blackwing took the glass, and twisted it in his hand. He stood up, and threw it against the wall, the mixture of broken glass and blood sated upon the pearl colored floor. Blackwing stormed out of the room, but was then stopped by the bloodcurdling screech of their victim. He slowly turned around, only to find her on the floor, lifeless. He looks up, and sees his master, Nighthawk, and Raven smiling with their fangs erect, her blood drenched on their faces. "Blackwing..." the Master said. "Come join us for the feast." He turned back, and held his head down, balling his hands into fists. "Blackwing, come to us, now!" "I'm not hungry..." he said in an ethereal voice, and walked off. Blackwing wiped a lone tear from his face, saddened at the fact of another dead woman stretched across the floor. He still couldn't understand it. All he ever wanted is to live forever, but he didn't want to like this. At this point, he would rather die than to sit around and listen to the screaming of women night after night.

There Blackwing sat, alone. He sits atop an abandoned building, his elbows rested on his thighs, his arms dangling downward. He was in deep thought. He didn't know what to do now. His head looks up towards the full moon, his long, brown hair flown with the cool, gentle breeze in the night sky. "Blackwing..." Blackwing turned, and got up, seeing his Master walking toward him. He didn't wear his usual ensemble this time; he wore a black long sleeved shirt, and black dress pants. His hair was not as long as Blackwing's, but it too flown with the wind. "A beautiful night, eh, wing?" "How could you say that? What possessed you to say that, huh?" "Why are you getting defensive, Dorough? This is what you wanted, am I right?" "I'm starting to go back on what I said, Kevin...I wanted to have immortality...but never like this...you know that...or are you blind by that little hope that you'll be God?" "Hey! I wanted power, and--" "That's just it! With you, it's always power, and for that, blood is on your hands, and I can't take this anymore!"

Kevin yanked him close to his chest."You listen to me, Dorough...you will abide by my rules, my regulations, and you will kneel before me...is that understood?" he pushes him back, making him stumble slightly. "Now...bow to your master...now!" He quickly gets on his knees, his hands to the floor, as is his face. "Please, forgive me, Sire..." Kevin throws a piece of paper by his hands, and walks off with only one thing to say, "Your assignment". As he looked up slowly, he sees that he has gone. He looks down, picking up the old piece of paper. He sits Indian style on the building floor, reading it. Upon reading it, he was disgusted at the contents of the assignment. He gets up, and looks up at the sky once more. "God, please forgive me...for I know not of what I am doing..."
Chapter 2 by KevinsChickadee
"My assignment was to go to Spain, find a woman, make her fall for me, and partake of her blood. All the other female victims that they hunted were not pure. Believe me, they can tell. I was to go and find a sweet, virgin girl for them to feast upon, but I can't do it. I refuse to be a pawn for murder again. I tire of waking up every day, hearing the shrieks of women being ravaged by the teeth of my enemies. I don't want to be a part of that life any longer. All I need is for someone, anyone, to show me the way to break these restraints around my heart, and free my soul...but they are not here. I don't deserve living like this forever. I'd rather die than to be something crazed, civilian mobs want to kill. I wish to be human again. Simple as that.

I arrive at Madrid, the pathways and streets are impregnated with people. Never have I seen so many people in one area before. I am able to walk the day, but my eyes are too sensitive to the sun, so I wear shades. The warm, summer breeze flows through my hair, and I close my eyes, taking it in. The rays of the sun wrapping me up in its warm, yellow blanket. So many people: tourists, families young and old, and children at play. I missed seeing scenes like this. For the majority of my life, I've been stuck in an old, abandoned warehouse called the Bloodrave. I hate that place. It's filled with the lost, murdered souls who are dying to be free, and with the people whom I thought were my allies. I want to believe that I will not return to that horrid place again, but since we're bound by blood, they'll always find me.

I took a cab to La Gavia, a world famous housing in Spain. I was to go there, and find a woman, but I would rather not. This country is peaceful, and I'm not in the mood to find anyone that's destined to die. It was said that La Gavia was haunted, but I don't sense anything evil in the building, though I haven't even gone in yet. The house was enormous, 1/3 of the population could live in it. It was white, and it had green and radish colored vines surrounding it. There was a gold dome that sat atop the building. I walked up the steps, and saw that one of the doors of La Gavia was open. Not knowing that people were in the home, I walked in, looking around. I took my shades off, and saw a glorious living room. In it were religious items as far as the eye can see. You would say that since I'm a vampire, I can't tolerate crosses, holy water, statues of the Virgin Mary and plaques of Jesus Christ, but that's not true. Since I was a Roman Catholic, and still am, they are items that hold a special place in my heart. I walk towards a little table next to a luxurious loveseat, and see a small statue of Jesus Christ. I picked it up, and smoothed it with my fingers. It was beautiful. As I put it down, I look around some more, amazed by all the sites I have missed seeing when I was a young one. "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" I quickly turned around in fear, and ran out the door. Upon running out, and of fear of being chased, I tripped over a step, and came tumbling down, landing on my back...

"Sir...are you alright?" I awoke at the sound of a middle aged woman. I sat up slowly, but stopped, for I felt pain shoot through my entire body. I look around, and I find myself lying on the loveseat that I've seen before. "Sir?" I look back up at the woman, who was a bit on the heavy side with a blue flower dress and a sea green apron on. "Yes...I'm fine...I didn't know people lived here...I thought it was abandoned." "Well, it's not, you trespasser!" "Armando! silencio!" He stood down, looking down at me. "Please, forgive me. I'm new here. I'm from America, and--" "You don't have to say anything more, child...Mariela, bring our guest some apple tea." "No, please, you've done enough, honest." Just then, a young woman came into the living room holding a saucer with a wooden cup of tea and two cubes of sugar. I looked up at her, and was met with gorgeous light brown eyes. "Here is your tea, sir..." I take the saucer and cup from her dainty hands, and smiled at her. "Thank you, my dear," I said, before taking a sip. This caused her to blush, and run out the room. "Have I upset her?" "No, our daughter is very shy. Do you need anything more?" "No, I am fine for now...but thank you so much." As they walked out the door, I put the cup on the table, laid my head down on a pillow, and sighed happily, drifting off to sleep.

For the first time ever, I actually slept peacefully throughout the day, and by nightfall, I recuperated. My body was healed, and I felt rejuvenated by positive energy. I get up from the loveseat, and walked outside to the balcony of La Gavia. The moon was out. Oh, how I missed its magical luster. All of my nights staying in a dingy, blood-ridden building have been erased by this night, embraced by the light of the moon. I look out and see headlights passing by, and people heading home, or their usual destinations. Street lights of light orange to pure white were stretched out as far as the eye can see, illuminating the streets and sidewalks.

My arms folded over the balconyr17;s banister, as I continued to look on. I turn to the east side of the house, and see the young woman in her chambers, on her knees, saying her prayers. I looked away, but then my eyes drew back to her. Her hair was a shiny light brown, accented with auburn highlights. Her skin was a light to a medium mocha color, and it looked ever so perfect. She was not too short, and not too tall; she was just so. Her face was shaped like a heart, as was her plump light pink lips. She crosses herself, and gets up, putting her rosary back into her dresser drawer. She looked out her window, and sees me. We immediately make eye contact, until she adjusted her blinds. She is now a silhouette. Her body moved to a lamp, and switched it off. A smile creeps upon my face. Is it possible to find happiness from another or just simple solace? Maybe, but I know I am starting to enjoy seeing her day after day.
Chapter 3 by KevinsChickadee
I lie in bed, looking up at the ceiling. Many thoughts infiltrate my mind: escaping the Clan, my freedom, and most of all, Mariela. My arms are behind my head, in complete comfort. This beats sleeping on an old hammock day in and day out. I hear the door knock, and I hail for them to enter. It was the middle aged woman from yesterday. "Hello, kind stranger. I was wondering if you would like to join us for dinner." she said with a thick, Spanish accent. I sit up, looking up at her smiling. "I would love to. You've been too kind to me..." "Que bonita! Come to dinner at 8." And with that, she left the room, humming a tune in her head. Since I'm a guest, I couldn't pass up on dinner. It would be ultimately rude. I get up from my comfort zone, and head to the bathroom, washing up for dinner.

"Mama! Mariela took my dinna roll!" "I did not, Paco..." Mariela takes the roll from his hand. "And you have to wait for more guests, you heard what Mama said." "But I'm hungry..." "Paco...silencio, por favor..." said the mother, scolding her youngest son.r1;Who else are we waiting for, Mama?" I came downstairs wearing a black t-shirt and a pair of torn blue jeans. Not what I had in mind to wear to dinner, but it's better than nothing. Mariela instantly looks at me, then looking down at her plate. "So glad you can join us, amigo..." said the man that once called me a trespasser. The woman offers me a seat across from Mariela. "So, stranger," the man began. "Do you have a name?" I look the man in the eye. "Yes, I do. My name is Howie Dorough." "What's that, French?" "Paco!" He instantly became silent. I look at the little boy, and answered, "No, as a matter of fact, it's Irish. My motherr17;s side is Spanish." Mariela looked back at me, with a near smile on her face. "Where in America do you live, Seņor Dorough?" asked the middle aged woman, whom was later known as Lety. "South Beach, California." That was a lie. The truth was I live somewhere that can be known as a second Hell. Since I am somewhere new, I might as well tell a harmless lie to hide my past.

I take a bite of some Spanish rice, or as Lety calls it, Arroz Sensacional, I close my eyes, and let the taste explode in my mouth. "This is delicious, Lety...you're a wonderful cook." This was a perfect substitute for blood. Lety smiled as a response, and turned back to her plate. "When are you going back to California, Seņor?" I look up at Mariela, after the question was asked. She was so beautiful to look at. I smiled, and said, "I'm not planning to go back there anytime soon, Mariela. I think that Spain is a very, peaceful place. I might just stay in this country." "Is there something that you don't want to confront back home?" "No more questions, m'ija. Now, help me with los platos." She was right. There is something that I don't want to confront. I don't want to confront the fact that I am who I am: a vampire. I chose this life out of selfishness. I always wanted to live forever, to see how life would be like come the future, and what lies ahead for this world. At times, I would always think about myself, and never anyone else.

I'm no longer selfish, for I've learned my lesson: never, ever sell your soul to the Devil.

"I'll help with the dishes, Mrs. Gonzales." I said, as I got up, walking to her, taking the plates from her hands. "Gracias, amigo." I follow Mariela into the small, yet beautiful kitchen. Mariela and I were standing side by side in front of the sink, when she turned to me, her elbow on the counter. "My mother said that you are welcome to stay here for as long as you wish, Seņor Dorough." she said to me, then turned back around to wash the dishes. "Thank you, Mariela. And please, just call me Howie, alright?" She looks up again, "Fine. Tell me...you seem mysterious to me. Why did you leave your home?" As I finished the last dish, I sought a chair by an old table, and sat in it. "When you said that there was something for me to confront, there is. There's something back home that I do not wish to face now. I don't want to go back there, because there's too much pain I have to endure once again." "Did a family member die, and you don't want to confront that?" "It's not that...it's just...it's hard to explain...and--" "You don't want to get into that. I understand..." As she starts to walk away, I gently tug at her arm. She turns and walks to me. "Yes?" "I..." "MARIELA! It's time for Mass!" "Alright, Mama! Would you like to join us?" "I don't know...shouldn't it be just for family?" Lety peeks in from the living room. "Howie, would you like to join us for Mass?" I look at her, and smile. "I'd love to, Lety." As she goes back into the living room, I start to go that direction. "Where are you going?" "To change." "There's no need to do so, Howie. God doesn't care what you wear..." She walks to me, and tugs at my shirt collar. "As He always said: r16;Come as you are.r1; I look down at her hand, then back at her, meeting with those luxurious eyes again. "Then shall we get going?" She responds to me with a smile, and walks out the door. My heart fluttered in an instant. Maybe, once I go to their Catholic church, I can be absolved from what I've done in the past.

"What is Blackwing doing now, Rave?" Raven gets out of his chair, and walks to the crystal ball. In it is Howie standing in the kitchen, then heading out the door. "Well, he hasn't captured anyone yet," he said in a Southern drawl. "Are you telling me that he hasn't found the right girl yet?!" asked Sangre, the leader in anger, walking towards the ball. As he looks into it, he sees Mariela in her room, freshening up. He was immediately star-struck. "She's...she's the one..." he caresses the ball with both of his hands, a greenish blue glow eluding from it. "The virgin girl...she's perfect...she will be the one to make our immortality complete..." Suddenly, his dark green eyes were a sea green hue as he felt her presence through the crystal ball. "Sweetheart...you WILL be mine..." he said in the infamous ethereal whisper. His fingernails became off white claws, scratching the crystal ball, smiling. "You will be mine..."
Chapter 4 by KevinsChickadee
It was 10, and we walked to the Maria de Virgen Catholic Church not far from La Gavia. We all walked there in a group. I totally felt a deep family connection while I was with them. A family connection that I hadn't felt in a long time. We all walked in the church, and I was astounded. The church was huge, and absolutely immaculate. I was in awe. We all sat down on the pews, and we each took out a Bible. Before burying my face in the Good Book, I look the church over again, still amazed by its beauties. As we sat, Evening Mass began. The priest's chants made me feel something I never felt before, but I knew it was good. After Mass, we got up, and started to leave the church. I asked Armando where the Confession boothes were, so he led me to the nearest one. The booth was brown, and old world looking. A nun stopped me, and handed me a golden rosary. "Blessed be the God, my child. Never have I seen you here..." "I'm new in your lovely country. I am also here to ask for forgiveness." The nun, known as Sister Lupe Cristina led me to the confession booth, and crossed her self, smiling at me. "Christ be with you, my son." "And also with you, kind sister." I sat in the narrow seat, and crossed myself, holding the rosary tight in my hand. "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. It's been 7 years since my last confession." Though it has been never since I have confessed to anything. "What is your sin, my child?" I wasn't for certain that I should tell him the truth, or to simply tell him how I'm feeling. "Father...my heart and my soul is in shambles..." "How so?" "Well...there's something that's holding me down deep within me, and I can't break free...something that I don't want to be any more..." "Are you...a homosexual?" "What? No...it's not that...For the last 4 years, I've...I've been partaking of blood...of young women, and I couldn't break the habit. At times, I would try and repress my temptation...but I couldn't..." 'So, you're a cannibal...well--" "No, Father...I'm...nevermind..." As I was about to leave the booth, the priest stopped me. "My son, you cannot run away from your troubles. You must go to them, and fight against them." Easier said than done, I thought. "Alright," I said, "I will." I leave the booth, and meet up with the Gonzales family. "So, are we ready?" said Lety. "Yes, Mama...I'm..." Paco began to yawn, as Armando picked him up, cradling his son.

We all headed back to La Gavia, all ready for bed. As I walked up the steps, I see Mariela standing by the balcony, looking up at the sky. I walk to her, never taking my eyes off of her. "What are you thinking about?" "I'm not thinking about anything, Howie..." We then exchanged glances again. "You must be thinking about something...what's on your mind?" "What is it that you don't want to face?" she asked, looking at me in wonder. "Why are you so concerned about my well-being?" She slowly walks away from me, heading to the other side of the balcony. "You intrigue me. I have never seen a man like you before...it's seems as though...you're a mystery...why is that?" I walk up to her; we are now face to face. "I don't know why I am a mystery. That's all I can say at this point, Mariela..." Suddenly, I hear a strange, yet somewhat familiar voice saying my name. "Blackwing...BLACKWING!" I shake my head, then hold it with both of my tired hands. "Howie...are you alright?" "He's here..." "What?" I look at her, and faintly smile. "It's...it's nothing, Mariela, nothing. Um...I'm going to bed, ok?" Mariela still had a worried look on her face. She touches my face delicately. "Whatever is wrong, I'm sure that goodness will come to pass..." "Don't be so sure..." "I have to go..." I run out the balcony, and shut the door behind me. What does he want with me? Doesn't he realize that I want nothing to do with him and that damned Clan? I walk to my room, and lie on my bed. I hear the booming sound of thunder echoing in the distance, then a flash of lightning. Rain began to fall lightly, then it rushed down like a waterfall. The sound of a thunderstorm always calmed me down. There is one thing that I want to know: why am I being haunted by Sangre's voice? I refuse to find a woman for him, so he can forget it. I am not here to do another one of his dirty jobs. Then, I heard laughter. Sangre's laughter. What does he want? I haven't found any---no...he can't be here for her...

Mariela stands by the window, for she thought she heard someone say her name. "I guess it was just the wind..." she suspected. She never gave it anymore thought, as she changed her clothes, putting on a white, lace gown. She gets into bed, holding her rosary tight in her hand. Every night after Mass, she would have her rosary close to her, so that she'll have something that's close to God with her. "Mariela...Mariela...." Her eyes fly open at the sound of someone calling for her. Her body sits up without the help of her own force. She gets out of bed, and walks to the window. "Who are you...? Why do you call upon me?" Just then, she feels strong hands lay upon her shoulders. The warmth of a man's breath tickles her ear and her neck...though there's no one in the room. Mariela walks out of her room, and walks slowly out to the balcony, walking down the rain drenched steps. Howie immediately walks out of his room, and stands out to the balcony. He sees her, drenched in rainwater, walking down the garden pathway in a druid motion. "MARIELA!" he screams her name, but she does not hear him. She's under Sangre's spell. She is overwhelmed by his irresistable power. "Mariela, no!" Howie runs down the steps to bring her back, but he couldn't get through the thorned flower bushes Sangre entrapped around them. "DAMNIT! Why didn't I see this coming?!" He thrashes his hands against the bushy shield, but to no prevail. His hands were covered in his own blood and scratches. He stands in front of it in disbelief, falling to the ground. His hand reaching out to nothing, as he felt himself crying out to her.

Mariela is spread across a long, gray flat rock in the La Gavia garden; the rain still pouring upon her. "At long last...I have got you in my grasp..." said Sangre, walking up to her with a silver curved dragon dagger clasped in his hand. He wears nothing but black pants, and boots. His hair is drenched from the rain water, and his eyes are a solid green. Mariela slowly opened her eyes and sees someone hovering over her. She tries to scream, but one look at Sangre, and she's instantly silent. "Do not fear, Mari...this will be oh, so painless..." He yields the dagger up, and slowly slices her wrist. Her blood oozed out more as he squeezed her arm. His fangs came to light, and he extends his tongue to her bleeding flesh. She winces at his tongue's first contact. His eyes changed into a crystal blue, as her essence rushed through him in a flash. A low growl escaped his mouth, as he enjoyed his first taste of virgin blood. He throws his dagger onto the grass, and rips her gown open, revealing her ample bosom. He straddles her, and leans down, suckling her neck, his big hands massaging her breasts. He then wraps her legs around his waist, as his tongue searches for the vein in her neck. His fangs erect once again, ready to insert them into her young flesh. Mariela lifts her hand up, and places it on his naked back with the rosary in hand. Sangre roared in pain and anguish, quickly drawing back, scratching her chest as she sat up. Sangre disappears into thin air with his pained scream echoing in the night. Mariela weakens, and passes back out onto the rock.

I'm leant against the bushes, hating myself for what I've done. Now I know that God will never forgive me for what I've just done...I was an unknown pawn...again. Suddenly, the shield started to disappear, and I fall backwards, my head landing on concrete. In seconds, I see Mariela on a rock, unconscious. I quickly get up, and run to her, cradling her head to my chest. "M...Mariela...no...what have I done...?" I took my shirt off, covering her exposed breasts, holding her limp body close to mine. "I'm so sorry...Please...don't leave me...you're the only thing that I have now...the one thing that gives me solace in life..." My body instantly became weak, and my head lied on her chest. "H...Howie...?" Upon hearing her voice, my head sprung up, and I see her awakened. "Mariela...you're alright! You're..." I look down at her arm, which was still freshly cut. "What happened to you?" "I...I don't know...All I can remember...is a man on top of me...then he cut my arm...drinking my blood...and---" I pick her up, holding her close to me. Her head saded on my naked chest. "Shhh...everything will be alright, Mari...trust me..." "Howie...I'm so scared..."

"S, what the hell happened to your back?" asked Nighthawk, throwing away a raw chicken bone. "Her goddamn rosary burned me...I almost had her...the girl Blackwing was with...she's the virgin that we need for the immortality process...I let her slip through my fingers..." "Why don't we just go to Spain, and get her ourselves?" Sangre looks up at him, a smile growing on his face. "Yes...why don't we? We'll get the girl...and get rid of Blackwing." "Wait...what do you mean by, 'get rid of him'?" He turns to Nighthawk, and smiles mischieviously at him. "Killing him."
Chapter 5 by KevinsChickadee
I stayed in Mariela's room for the majority of the night. I couldn't believe that this has happened to her. I couldn't believe that Sangre would do this to her. Now, I know that I have to protect her, for the sake of her life, and her precious blood. Come Hell or high water, no one will stand in my way of MY own assignment: Soul Protector. I watch her sleep peacefully, her body wrapped in a white checkered blanket. Her hair spilled on the pillow, and a near smile on her face.

I walk over to her, and caress her face softly, a soft, content moan escapes her mouth. I sit on the bed next to her, smoothing her light brown tresses back, smiling down upon her. She still had the rosary clutched in her little hand. Mariela stirred in her sleep, then opened her eyes. When she saw me, she instantly enveloped me in her warming embrace. I wrap my arms around her tight as she cried on my bare chest. I smooth her hair back again, whispering words of softness, subtlety, and safety. "I won't ever let another harm you, Mariela...I promise..." She pulls away, and looks into my eyes. "Who was that man, Howie? Why did he do this to me?" She unbuttoned her shirt, and revealed her breasts to me. There were 4 elongated slice marks, created by Sangre's fingertips. "I...I didn't know he did that to you also, Mari..." "Will it be a promise that you'll keep?" I cup her face into my hands, my hazel brown eyes meeting hers. "Yes. I promise you that no one will harm you again."

"What are you doing, Master?" asked Crow, sitting in a royal throne like chair. "If he is not going to bring her here to me...then I shall make him." "You're going to possess him?" "What do you think?" "I thought you were going to Spain and do your deed?" "I suddenly have a change of plans. I need a fifth to make the process complete. He's beginning to grow feelings for the girl, and that's something I will NOT tolerate. He's grown weak in my eyes, and weakness is not an option in this clan. Take heed of that, Crow." "Yes, Master." Sangre then turns to the other 3 clansmen. "And that goes for ALL of you! Do I make myself clear?" "Yes, Sire..." they said in unison. Sangre waved his hands around the ball, Howie's face visible within it. "I shall hypnotize him with my unstoppable power...Never will you weaken against me, Blackwing...Never will you resist me..."

Mariela holds me close again, her bare chest upon mine. Her hair saded upon my upper body, and her arms still around me. I flip some of her hair behind her neck...her elegant...silk like neck. With my finger, I caress the bluish-green vein in her neck, and absentmindedly lick my lips. Mariela tipped her head up, so I can get a better view. Yes...just like that. Don't move, I thought to myself. Something overwhelmed me, but I didn't know what...My cravings...I thought they had dispersed, but now...I needed to taste her blood more than ever now. I want to savor every single drop she is willing or unwilling to give to me. "Mariela..." "Yes, How--" she gasps, scared for her life, but I didn't care. All I wanted, was her sweet, delicious blood.

My fangs were erect, and ready, my--my eyes were a dark red. I grab both of her arms, and pull her close to me, my long tresses washed on my face. As I was about to sink my teeth into her neck, I froze. I couldn't move. Mariela scooted back to her headboard, holding her knees to her chest, looking at me. "You...you're just like him..." I look down at my hands, seeing them shake violently. My head spinning. My body, weakening. "What---what is wrong with me?" I look up at her, my face human again. Mariela held the rosary close to her heart. I reach out to her, but she bats my hand away. "Stay away from me! You're a monster just like him! You're a monster! A MONSTER!!"

She quickly crawls to me, and slaps my face, beats my chest, and slaps my face some more. I couldn't feel any of her lashes towards me. I try to grab her arms, but her body collapsed on the bed. Her body was jerking as she cried on her pillow. "Get out...GET OUT!" She continued to say those words, though muffled from the pillow, I can still understand the words coherently. I step back towards the door, leaving out.

I sit on a branch in one of the biggest trees around La Gavia. The cold wind blowing through my hair, my soul, unsaved. Why is Sangre still tied to me? I don't want to be linked to him any longer, and yet, he is still around me. It feels as if he's in me, playing his infamous mind games. My head is down on my knees, breathing softly. Everytime I try to be good, or try to protect someone, something comes up, and destroys it.

I have nowhere else to go from here: I left the Bloodrave for a new life in La Gavia, only to have my bloodlust return to me. I am at wit's end, and at a dead end for sure. I don't know what to do at this point: whether to wander the world alone...or to return to the place I call a second Hell? For now, I'm just sitting here, on this tree limb, stuck in
Chapter 6 by KevinsChickadee
"He fought it...he FUCKING FOUGHT IT!" Crow, Nighthawk, and Raven backed away from their master, who has been disappointed for the last time. His eyes were no longer that hue of sea green, but a strong saturation of blood red. "That's IT! If I cannot get that Dorough bastard to bring her to me...then I shall bring her here myself..." "We'll come with you, Master--" "NO! This is between me, and Dorough. No outside intrusions, got it?!" The brood bowed to their master, and slowly walked away. He turns back to the ball, takes it, and smashes it to the ground. "You will rue the day you crossed paths with me, Howard...oh....mark my words...you WILL rue this day..."

I am in a cab, going to the airport. I've decided to go home to Orlando, and stay with my family. I have no money to tide me over. Look at me, a 28 year old man living off his elders.

I have no other choice but to do so. I lay my head on the seat, turning my head sideways. A radio program was interrupted, for there was a special news bulletin. "There has been a kidnapping in the suburb of La Gavia. An 17 year old woman named Mariela Gonzales was taken from her home around midnight tonight. Police have been searching, but has come up with nothing. We will keep you posted on any updates we have." My body sat straight up. "Driver, turn around!" The driver stopped instantly, and swerved around, heading back to La Gavia. It wasn't long until I arrived back to my second home. I got out of the cab, and told him to wait for me. Lety and Armando were on the stoop holding each other. "Howie!" shouted Lety, with a mixed tone of happiness and sadness. She rushed towards me, and gave me the biggest and warmest embraces I have ever received.

"M'ija...she's gone!" she lets me go, but she holds both the sides of my arms. "You are our only hope now...you have to find her, and bring her back home!" I look down at the dirt ground, biting my lower lip. "I'll try to find her...I can't promise anything." "Please, Seņor Dorough..." Armando came down the steps. I can tell that his body is very weak, because he nearly dragged his heavy body to me. "Please, find my daughter...I cannot trust anyone else...the Police can't do anything. They don't care that one of our kind is missing...they never do...so please..." he takes out a picture of Mariela when she was very young, about 6. "Find her...before it's too late..." I take the photo, and almost instantly, the voice of the priest rings through my mind. "...you cannot run away from your troubles. You must go to them, and fight against them." I couldn't tear away from the photo. I couldn't let the people that took me in as their own child down. I refuse to do that. I finally look up at Lety, then at Armando. "I will find her. Put all of your faith in me." "We always have, my child...we always have..." Lety takes me in yet another embrace, kissing both of my cheeks. She lightly pushes me back. "Go...go find her..."

"Where...where am I...?" I wake up to a dark and foul dungeon like room. I'm chained to a dingy, moss ridden gray brick wall. My body, weak, my head, spinning. I look around me, and I see skeletons, bones and skulls. I was disgusted at the sight. How did I get here? All I can remember is lying on my bed, and the next thing I knew, everything went horribly black. I'm scared for my life now...I have to prepare myself to die.

I hear footsteps in the distance. They become louder, my heart skipping beats. The door of my chamber opens, and I look up, seeing three big men standing there wearing black cloaks. They unveiled themselves: two of them had blonde hair and blue eyes, and the other with long, dark hair, and dark green eyes.

I remembered him, and only him. "What do you want with me?" I struggled to say, for I was so weak. The tall one walks up to me, and holds my face in his hands, our eyes meeting. "Your sweet blood, my dear. You see, we need you in order for us to become immortal, and conquer the world. Your blood will make us whole. And not only that..." He leans into me. "I want you to be my virgin queen..." As he was about to kiss my lips, I spit in his face. This caused retaliation, by punching me in my stomach. My upper body hanging from the wall. "Take her down, and bring her to the orchard. It's time." he wipes the saliva from his cheek, and gives me a cold stare. The two blondes take me down, and drag my limp and newly unconscious body away to another location. "Please, God..." my thoughts echo in my mind. "Help me...please..."

My body jerked, for I thought I heard Mariela's voice ringing in my head. "Help me...I'm so scared...Howie..." She's in dire trouble. I can feel it. I have to keep searching for her. I can't stop. I won't stop. She's the only thing I have left that's absolutely right to me, and I cannot let her slip away...not again.
Chapter 7 by KevinsChickadee
Mariela woke up again, this time, outside the Bloodrave. Four men were surrounding her with spiraled daggers in their hands. She was laid out on a flatbed rock, her torso tied onto it. There was no way for her to escape now. Like she said before, though she was scared, she was ready to die. Her clothes have changed: she wears a torn, white gown which stopped at her shins. She began to break out in sweat. Sangre loved it. The scent of fear exhilarated him in more ways than one.

He may not just want her blood at all; he wanted her for himself. He wanted more power among the weak, and he wanted to be more powerful than his own Clan. Mariela closed her eyes, waiting for her execution. Her hands were balled into fists, and a slight pained expression overcame her face. Nighthawk and Raven saw the absolute fear washed upon her face. "Sire...maybe we should find someone else for this ritual...she seems young..." Sangre turned to them. "Are you showing weakness as well, Raven?" "No, Sire...I mean...you sent Blackwing to find a woman. She's barely that. She's a teenage girl. Aren't we--" Sangre pulled Raven to him by his collar. "You listen to me.

This ritual WILL happen tonight, and NOTHING and NO ONE will stop me, do I make myself clear?!" Raven pushed his master away. He never did that. The last person that resisted their master paid the ultimate price. "You dare--" "This isn't right, Kevin! I want to become invincible and immortal...but not like this..." "Raven's right, your Highness..." Sangre turned to Nighthawk with anger within him. "You dare agree with him?!" In an instant, Sangre threw Raven and Nighthawk against the wall with a green flash coming from his hands.

He teleported towards them, grabbing them both by their collars. "You listen to me, you no good ingrates! You will NOT become Blackwing...you will NOT become weak! Is that clear?!" With no answer from neither of them, Sangre's eyes became blood red, and glowing. "I said...is...that...clear?!" "Yes, Master..." they said in unison, scared for their lives. As he dropped them on the ground, Sangre said, "Prepare her..." and walked away.

Nighthawk and Raven, now known as Nicholas and Brian, walked toward a scared Mariela. "We're sorry, Mariela...but we have to follow the Master's orders..." "You...you don't have to do anything that he tells you..." she said weakly. "I can tell that you don't want to do any harm to me, for I am so young." "We don't," began Nicholas. "We don't want to harm you...but we don't want to die either..."

Here I stand in front of the old warehouse that I use to call my home. The wind blew through my hair, and its cool air left evening dew upon my pale skin. As I start to walk into the building, someone calls out to me. "Blackwing..." I looked aroundr30;though I couldnr17;t see anyone. Once again, I started to go into the building. Something stopped me. It wasnr17;t an evil, yet bone-chilling voice, or an evil presence. It was something else, telling me that Mariela is nearbyr30;unsafe. In a flash, something threw me against the wall of the building. I fall upon the dead grass, limp. I then hear footsteps approaching me...then a sinister cackle. "I knew you'd be back, Dorough...you didn't live up to your end of the bargain..." I look up at my adversary, and was surprised to see Sangre stand before me. "I'm not so thrilled that you changed your ways, Howard...Now, you will know what I do with the weak!" a red blast came from his hand, and hits me dead in my chest. I collapse almost immediately before him, his body standing over me. "That's what I like to see...you bowing before your master..." I weakly say, "You are not my master...God is my master..." As I try to grab onto him, he disappears. "You have got it all wrong, Dorough..." I heard his voice cut through the night air. "I AM God!" Another red orb strikes me in my back. I lay there, unconscious, prepared to give up. When I was about to lose it all, something told me to go on. Something in my mind told me to finish the job, and save Mariela from the depths of the Bloodrave.

I feel myself being dragged inside the abandoned building. My body, limp, pretending to be dead, waiting for my perfect attack upon my enemy. I was thrown to the ground, nearly lifeless before Mariela, Brian and Nick. "Do what you will with him, I don't give a damn anymore...his death shall be no burden to me." "Howard..." I hear her whisper to me from her restraints. My eyes open up after I hear the sound of his footsteps fade. The chamber door closing was the last thing I heard before I quickly got up, and ran to Mariela.

I see Nickolas and Brian walking towards me, but I put my hands up to stop them. "Do not come any closer! You've done enough damage to poor, innocent women like her!" "No, Howard, they're not bad people." "Mariela, you don't know them like I do...they're bloodthirsty men that would ravage you for your blood, and--"

It suddenly dawned on me: if they are these "bloodthirsty beasts", then why haven't they drank her lifeless yet? Not only am I a vampire wanting to change my life, I am also a very blind one. "She's right, Dorough, like you, we want to change our lives. We realized that having eternal life has a price. We were just too blind to see it...please, forgive us, for we never knew of the consequences endured when we sold our souls to the Vampire Lord..."

"It is not your fault; you wanted eternal life, as did I. No one knew what the end results would be years ago. Plus, the Vampire Lord was destroyed." Brian and Nicholas looked down at the dirty ground. "He's not dead, Dorough." "What do you mean, 'not dead'? He was destroyed long ago, and--" "The Vampire Lord...is Sangre." I couldn't believe it, for the life of me, that Sangre...was...it can't be. Brian walks over to Mariela, and breaks the restraints with his bare hands. He helps her off the 'pedestal', and carries her to me.

"Mariela...at last, I have found you..." She springs out of Brian's arms, and embraces me. "I knew you would come for me. I knew you would..." I let her go, and look deep into her eyes; once again, I see that wonderful sparkle that enchanted me. "I would go through Hell for you, Mari. You are worth that...now, let's get you home."

"I'm afraid I won't let you do that, Dorough..." I looked around me, and saw nothing that matched the loud, booming voice. "Who's there?" "Never mind that, let's just go, Howie..." Mariela's near malnourished body clang to me for safety. "Yes, let's..." As we walked to the chamber door, we find that it's locked...from the inside. Sangre has trapped us.

"Leaving with the virgin one does not please me at all..." within seconds, Sangre appears, wearing a black cloak, his hands folded together. "For 400 years, I have waited to be reborn again...and you will NOT take away my long awaited prize!" Kevin's voice was different, it was deeper and demonic, and it scared us half to death. "Give up the girl, or die. "That's it! I can't take this anymore!" Nicholas quickly grabbed a rusted scythe, and held it tightly in his hands. "Never will you cause anymore pain!" "Nicholas, no!"

As he darted out to fight, Sangre's eyes became red, as did the handle of the scythe, causing Nick to scream in pain. His hands were badly burned, and it caused him to drop his useless weapon, and drop to his knees. "That's it, bow to your master..." He let out a blood-curdling, maniacal laugh, but it ceased when Brian rammed a spiraled dagger through his back, twisting it through his spine. "Go! Now! There's a hidden exit through the floorboards!" Without hesitation, I carried Mariela toward the exit, but it disappeared. "H---hurry..." Howie placed Mariela down, then turned back to Brian on his knees...with a dagger through his back.

She screamed as she saw him fall forward to the floor, blood dripping from his mouth. "Oh, my God...no...." Sangre levitated towards him, and smacked Howie so hard, his body was rushed against the wall. "HOWARD!" she became instantly silent, for Sangre was in front of her, smiling devilishly at her. "You villain! You demonic villain! God shall smite thee, and you shall be newly reborn and purified by His blood..." Mariela took out her rosary, but halfway, he grabs her hand, twisting it. "Your pathetic Bible verses will not faze me...Now, I shall give you one...last...chance. Reign the world with me..." "never..." she said in a soft whisper. "What did you say?!" "NEVER!" Sangre slapped her, and by his forceful slap, she ended up on the parlor floor, unconscious.

"No more blood...no more murder...no more...no more!" I screamed in my mind. I have had enough of everything he has done: taking my saved soul, controlling me by blood, and trying to do mortal harm to my Mariela. I just couldn't take it anymore. His reign of terror must end...but I haven't the power to stop him. I'm no longer blessed by God's touch. I am a monster in my own right, and in other peoples' eyes. I feel as though I have lost this war in trying to find myself again, and trying to save Mariela, and the world. I have failed my Master, and I am not for certain what my future will be when I will be held by His hands...

If that will ever happen.
Chapter 8 by KevinsChickadee
I slowly get up, and stumble a little, which caused Sangre to turn around. "Still won't stay down, huh?" Upon approaching him, slowly, he fires another green ball to my chest. I collapse on one knee, holding my chest tight. In pain, I look up. "Have...have you no heart, Kevin? Have you no soul? Have you no knowledge of what you do?" "I have intelligence...but as for a soul and a heart..." he raises up his hand, a red, glowing ball of energy eluding from his hand. "I have none." The orb enveloped me, and it felt as if everything in my body was collapsing into itself. My bones were being squeezed, nearly breaking. I am being suffocated, destroyed by this man of evil power. I have truly lost. My peripheral vision sought Mariela laid out on the floor, lifeless it seemed. I drop to the ground. "You...what did you do to her?" "You don't have to worry about your little whore anymore, Dorough..." Another orb eludes from his hands, bigger than before. "Because you won't be around to see to her...watch out for her...and love her..."

A white flash of light came from the sky in an instant. It separates Howard and Sangre, but pushes him against the wall. "You dare touch my Anointed?" asked the Light, getting brighter. "What are you? I have unfinished business to tend to!!" "Your reign on Earth has expired, evil being. You are to be banished from here, and cast down to Hell." "NO! Leave me! Go back to your Pedestal!" Sangre was then levitated from the ground, and the Light went within him. "No...NO! PLEASE!!!" Suddenly, the Light entered Howard, and it too lifted him up. His feet were together, his hands halfway lifted. He was in the stance of an angel. "No more bloodshed..." his hands released a powerful white orb, crushing Sangre's chest. "No more pain..." another powerful orb rams through his chest, a bellow coming from deep within the Vampire Lord. "No...More...NO MORE!!!" His hands, all of a sudden, became elongated, white blades, slicing a cross on his chest.

With one last bellow, and a bigger flash of the bright, white light, Sangre, the Vampire Lord, was destroyed. For good.

Epilogue

The sun crept over the vast, plush green field where the Bloodrave used to be. I feel the sting of the sun's warm rays on my skin...my mocha skin.

I slowly open my eyes, and looked to the left of me. I see Mariela, Brian and Nick on the ground, still unconscious. I sit up and look at my hands, and all around me.

The Bloodrave was gone. The infirmary for murder is now gone.

Back to Hell where it belonged.

"Howie...?" I quickly turn around, and see Mariela sitting up, holding her head. I run to her, and hold her close to me. "Mariela...are you alright?" She touches my face, and smiles. "You...you are saved..." "What?" "I saw everything...God saved you. He went into you, and He helped you destroy him..."

God? Saved me?

"She's right..." I look up, and see Brian walking toward me. "You're alive!" "He revived me, and He has taken away our curse, and gave us our souls back." "You mean...?" "We're no longer in the clutches of Sangre, the Vampire Lord...we are free. We are no long Night Walkers."

We are no longer Vampires. It was the best news I have heard ever in life. But truthfully, after everything blew over, and my life has changed, the best news I have heard in a long time...I was told to be married to Mariela Gonzales. Yes, you heard correctly. Mariela and I will soon be esposo y esposa, husband and wife. She is the true jewel in my life, right next to my Lord, Jesus Christ. She is someone that I will truly cherish for the rest of my life, and until my dying day. Exchanging our wedding vows never sounded to good to me. Our love for one another, purified in the eyes of our Lord, and in His house. We are now joined together, not by blood, oh, no. By our souls, intertwined by His faithful hands.


Never have I been so happy in all my life. Never have I have been so glorified by Him in all of my life. I can truly live again. I can truly be a devout Roman Catholic again, and most of all, I can truly be human again.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9297