Lost Love by nickslilmami
Summary:


A story about finding love...Nick has found the love of his life again after she ran out on him years before taking a secret along with her. But when the boys take it upon themselves to find her, this secret is learned, even though they accept it they can't understand why she would keep it from Nick. Will Nick's newly found love last?

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 5754 Read: 16048 Published: 12/08/08 Updated: 12/08/08

1. Prolouge by nickslilmami

2. Chapter 1 by nickslilmami

3. Chapter 2 by nickslilmami

4. Chapter 3 by nickslilmami

5. Chapter 4 by nickslilmami

6. Chapter 5 by nickslilmami

7. Chapter 6 by nickslilmami

8. Chapter 7 by nickslilmami

9. Chapter 8 by nickslilmami

Prolouge by nickslilmami
He sighed he was growing tired of this routine. Going from city to city, venue to venue. He loved singing and performing, there was nothing like the feeling you get when your on stage performing. It's amazing! But he longed for more. He needed more. He had watched two of his closest friends 'brothers' get married, and how happy they were. He wanted to be happy. Oh sure to the public and cameras he looked happy, but he was far from it. He wanted a relationship a real relationship not a one night stand. He was tired of being labeled as the 'player'.

He sighed again leaning his head on the cool glass of the bus window watching the scenery. His mind wandered to thoughts of her. Yes, her the one that got away. She had told him they were too different, that they came from two completely different worlds. That it would never work. He had wanted to at least try. But she wouldn't hear it. She didn't look like the girls he usually dated, she feared that she would never be accepted by his fans, the media, or his family. To him she was beautiful no matter what anyone else said. But the very next day she left. No note, no call, no anything. His heart broke that day and it was still hurting. He had tried dating again but to no avail. The women he dated just didn't compare to her. Nobody did.

His fellow band mates had watched him fall apart after she left. They knew that he wouldn't be the same until he found her, and told her how he felt. That's why they decided amongst themselves that they will find her as soon as they arrived in Florida. They couldn't stand to see their younger brother so down, she had to have an explanation for leaving.

And they were going to make it their mission to find out what it was.
Chapter 1 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Looking For Her
She had just left work and she was on her way to the babysitters to pick up her daughter. She was working two jobs just to get by. Every penny either went towards her house or towards her daughter Melanie. She was going to be 1 soon, she was growing up so fast. She wouldn't dare ask Mel's father for help, even though he wouldn't hesitate. But she couldn't, she wouldn't. She had never told him about Mel, she left thinking it was the right thing to do at the time. He was too young to be a father, well if you consider 25 being young.

His singing career was going so well, and she couldn't be the one to mess that up. 'Besides' she thought as she pulled into the driveway to the babysitters 'He probably has forgotten all about me.' But little did she know that he was thinking about her, she is all he ever thinks about. Ever since the day she left.

As they made their way into the hotel the other four talked amongst each other thinking of how they could find her. 'That bus ride had been too long' he thought to himself as he opened the door to his suite. 'Another night alone' he thought as he fell on the bed quickly falling asleep, thinking of her yet again. The other four were setting out with their plan to find HER.

"Where should we start looking?," AJ asked as the other three sat down at a table by the window in the corner of the room

"I don't know J, why don't we look in the phone book. She might be listed," Brian spoke up

"Ok let's go with that," Kevin said getting up from the table grabbing the phone book "Ok let's see," he said sitting back down opening the book "J...J...J," he said skimming each line "Ah ha! Jones," he said after he found it "This has to be her, it's the only Deanna Jones in here. Here D you call," Kevin said pushing the book on front of him

"Ok," he said picking up the phone dialing her number.

Ring....Ring....Ring....Ri--

"Hello?," the voice on the other end answered

"Hi, can I speak to Dee?," Howie said using the nickname they had given her.

"This is she.Wait a minute,D is that you?"

"Yeah how did you know?"

"I just did and your one of the few people who call me Dee. Are you guys in town?"

"Actually yeah but that's not why I'm calling."

"Oh god, Is this about Nick? Is he ok?"

"Oh yeah he's fine, well....not really."

"Oh I see, would this have anything to do with why I left?"

"Yeah it does. Why did you leave Dee?"

"I can't get into it over the phone."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"Nick is a wreck, all he talks about is you. How could you just leave without at least saying goodbye?"

"D I told you I can't get into it, it's complicated."

"Look we wanna see you, Nick wants to see you. Why don't you you come to the hotel tomorrow? I'll let the bodyguard know your coming."

"I don't know if I can face him."

"Dee whatever it is I'm sure he'll understand."

"D I gotta go, I'll see ya tomorrow ok?"

"Ok Dee take care."

"I will, bye."

"Bye."

"Well...?," AJ spoke up as Howie hung up the phone

"Is she coming?"

"Yeah but she wouldn't tell me."

"I'm sure she'll fill us in tomorrow."

"I hope so not just for our sakes but for Nicks," Howie said sitting back in his chair.
Chapter 2 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
What Am I Doing?
'What am I doing?'
She asked herself as she made her way to the elevator.

Howie had let the bodyguard and the person at the desk know she was coming. She had to make her way past the fans outside. They all gave her evil looks as she went in. She just shrugged it off as she headed up to their floor.

15,16,17,18...
God did they have to get a room so far up. The elevator stopped and opened as she stepped out. Now she stood in front of Kevin's room ready to knock. She was shaking and man was she ever scared. She hadn't seen or heard from Nick in over a year. She had talked to him while she was pregnant with Melanie. Then she stopped answering his calls altogether.

"Ok here we go," she said taking a deep breath and knocking.

The door opened and there in front of her stood Howie.

"Hey D," she said giving a small smile

"Hey girl!," he said embracing her in a tight hug

"I missed you." Howie and the guys have grown to love Dee as a friend and as a sister.

He let her go and let her come in. The other three stood up making their way to her hugging her.

"It's so good to see you again," Brian said letting go of her

"It's good to see you too Bri. Umm...Where's Nick?," she asked as Kevin pulled out a chair asking her to sit

"Dee we need to talk," he said pulling a chair in front of her sitting down

"I knew this was coming," she said sighing

"Before we get Nick we need to know one thing. Why did you leave him?," Kevin asked as she looked down at her hands in her lap not daring to look at him

"Ok," she said taking a deep breath "The reason that I left is because I...," she looked up to find all four men staring at her waiting for her explanation "I left because I got pregnant," she said as the room fell silent

"Let me know if I heard this right. You got pregnant?," AJ asked

"Yes AJ that's right."

"And you didn't tell Nick?," AJ asked looking at her

"No...," she said looking down at her hands again "I...I...couldn't."

"May I ask why the hell not?"

"AJ!," Kevin yelled making him shut up

"Dee?," Kevin said returning his attention to her "Why didn't you tell him?"

"Because of your group it was doing so well, I just couldn't see ruining his dream, your dream, or worse ruining his image. Everyone would probably think I trapped him and that I did it to get his money," she said looking up at him to be met with his green eyes

"Dee how could you say that? You know damn well that Nick doesn't care about his so called 'image' what he cares about is you, it's always been you. Nick couldn't care less about what the media or the fans may think because as long as he's happy theres nothing else to worry about."

"Yeah I guess your right."

"No I know I'm right. Dee, he deserves to know," Kevin said placing his hand on hers "Do you really think Nick cares about what other people think?," he asked kneeling down in front of her

"Do you?"

"Well no but....."

"No buts Dee you have to tell Nick. He's miserable without you, he's not the Nick we know without you. You're all he thinks about, talks about. He loves you. Now you stay here I'm going to get Nick ok?," he said getting up making his way towards the door

"I'm not going anywhere," she said as he left the room to get Nick.
Chapter 3 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
They Meet Again
He was awake, he couldn't sleep. All he kept thinking about was her.

'Why did it have to be the same room?'
he thought to himself surveying the room. The very same room they had made love in, on more than one occassion. And now as he was lying there thinking about it, he couldn't help the tears that fell. He didn't care. He loved her so much and she had just left him without an explanation as to why. He started to doze off as he heard a knock on the door. He groaned turning on his side, covering his face with the pillow. Praying that whoever it was would soon go away. But the knocking didn't stop, it only got louder. He groaned again laying on his back contemplating whether or not to answer the door.

'The sooner I answer the damn door, the sooner I can get some sleep' he thought as he made his way to the door. Kevin stood on the other side a little agitated that it took him so long to answer. Should he tell him that she was waiting for him or should he just make up something?

"Oh hey Kev," Nick finally spoke up in a somewhat sleepy voice

"Hey Nick um.....are you ok?," Kevin asked looking at his tear stained face

"Yeah I'm fine," Nick said rubbing his eyes "Just tired."

"Just fine?," Kevin asked looking at his face. He didn't answer. Of course he wasn't fine, he couldn't stop thinking of her.

"Nick you want to talk about it?," he asked as Nick leaned aganist the door frame.

When he didn't answer Kevin spoke up. "Were here for ya if you ever want someone to talk to."

"Yeah I know thanks Kev. Look I'm really tired is this something important or can we finish this later?"

"Actually," he paused looking at Nick "It is important."

"Ok. So what's so important that you had to wake me up?"

"Let's go back to my room with the other guys."

"Why can't you tell me here?"

"I just can't. Just come on," Kevin said starting to walk away looking over his shoulder to see if Nick was following.

Nick walked towards Kevin closing the door, but not before grabbing his key card. "This better be worth it," Nick mumbled as they reached Kevin's room

"Oh it will be," Kevin said sliding his key card opening the door.

"Kev I don't see why this...," his words trailed off as he saw her sitting in a chair by the window surrounded by the other guys.

She sensed he was there, so she turned around and looked at him. All kinds of emotions came flooding in all at once. Fear, Love, Lust. He had seen her, that same beautiful girl he remembered. Of course how could he forget her, he loved everything about her. She still looked the same besides putting on a few pounds but nonetheless the same.

She got up and walked towards him, when she was close enough he reached out his hand touching her cheek. She closed her eyes fighting back tears placing her hand over his. They just stared into each others eyes unsure of what to say. They hadn't seen each other in so long and both were afraid that the other wouldn't feel the same way they did.

After some silence Nick whispered "I can't believe its you," he said rubbing his thumb over her cheek "That your really here." He smiled.

She loved his smile I made her melt. But she knew that it wouldn't last long, not after what she was going to tell him. He pulled her into a tight embrace as her mind tried to focus on how she was going to tell him. She had thought he wouldn't remember her, but who was she kidding. A part of her still loved him. A part of her missed the feeling of his body against hers, his kisses, his touch. Kevin smiled from his position in the doorway, their mission was complete they had found her for him. He just hoped that he wouldn't lose his temper when she told him. He signaled for the other guys to leave as he left the room. The other four followed suit leaving Dee and Nick alone. The only sound that was heard was the sound of the door gently closing.
Chapter 4 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
The Truth Comes Out
They stood there in silence. It was as if no time had passed. That they were at the same point before she left. Nick kept his hold on her almost afraid to let go. She loved this moment of tenderness, but she had to stop it at least long enough to tell him. She pulled away from his hold sitting on the edge of the bed motioning him to do the same. He sat down beside her grabbing her hand in his.

"Nick," she began "before anything else happens there is something I have to tell you."

He looked up at her with his clear blue eyes, those eyes she loved so much.

"I...," she couldn't finish.

She thought this would be easy instead it only brought her to tears. Nick watched her cry, he didn't want her to cry.

"Dee...what's wrong?," he asked tucking his finger under her chin so she was looking up at him

"You can tell me." he said smiling at her making her smile back.

"There's something really important I have to tell you, I just don't know how," she said turning away from his gaze getting off the bed wrapping her arms around her waist "It's about why I left," she said now standing in front of him

"It doesn't matter, all that matters is that your here now," he said looking up at her

"Yes it does matter, it matters alot."

"Dee it doesn't..."

"Nick please," she cut him off "This matters, trust me it does."

"Ok then you have my full attention. What did you want to tell me?," he said grabbing her hands in his "The reason I left is because I got pregnant," she said staring down at him waiting for his reaction

"What?"

"I said I got pregnant thats why I left. I had to," she said letting go of his hands walking accross the room to the window

"Deanna...," he said getting up joining her at the window "Why didn't you tell me? You didn't have to leave."

"Yes I did Nick. I left to protect you."

"Protect me from what?"

"Your fans, the media, your family. I feared that if this got out all hell would break lose," she said looking out the window

"Why in the world would you say that?"

"Nick I did this for you to protect you. Your image your group, you. Can't you see that?"

"I can see that but you could have at least told me," he said she could hear the hurt in his voice

"I didn't know how. I was scared. Nick I am so sorry I didn't tell you and that I left but I thought I was doing the right thing."

"I could have been there for you and the baby. I can't stand to think that you went through all this on your own," he said turning her around to look at him

"Nick I--wait your not mad?"

"Why would I be mad? You had a baby , my baby, our baby I could never be mad at you," he said touching her face "I love you. Always have always will," he said leaning down brushing his lips aganist hers. She had thought he would flip his lid but for some reason he didn't. Maybe its because he had always wanted to be a father and now he was.

"Would you like to meet her?"

"Her?"

"Yes her, we had a daughter Nick and shes beautiful she looks just like you," she said smiling

"Yeah I would. When?"

"Whenever you like, um...Nick?" "Yes?" "I know this might be too soon but do you think we could go back to where w eleft off?"

"I was thinking the exact same thing," he said leaning down to kiss her again
Chapter 5 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Together Again
Nick and Dee have been inseperable since that fateful day. You could see the love they had for one another. The way he held her when he kissed her, the way they always walked hand in hand, the way they both seemed to just glow at the sound of each others name. Yup it was definitely love. The guys loved having the old Nick back, the prankster.

He was happy again and this time it would stay that way. Sure you had some jealous fans who would say that she trapped him, or that she only wanted him for his money. That is exactly what she was afraid of. But she didn't care, she loved Nick with all her heart and nothing I mean NOTHING was going to tear them apart. Nick kept reassuring her that everything was going to be fine. Nick had met Mel. He couldn't believe that she was his little girl. She was just like him in every way imaginable.

She even looked like him, Dee said she did. She had those same clear, blue eyes and that same beach, blonde hair. There was no denying that Mel was his. He saw so much of her mother in her also. She had taken to Nick pretty well. Just the other day she called him 'Daddy'.

That made his day. And now when he takes her out he proudly shows her off. He loves every minute of it. Hes finally a father, something he always wanted to be. But having Mel made it hard for him and Dee to spend some alone time together. So Nick talked to the guys and they agreed to babysit while they were out. But when he told Dee she flipped.

"Nick no no and no," she said shaking her head

"But Dee they love her and she will be in good hands," he said walking to her taking her hands in his

"Come on I want us to have a night to ourselves. Please for me," he said giving her a pout

"How can I say no to that?"

"You can't. Now get ready we have reservations," he said letting go of her hands walking towards the door

"Reservations? Where?"

"I'm not telling, you'll see," and with that he was gone leaving Dee standing in her living room thinking of what this night had in store for them.

Dee was in the shower when Nick stopped by. She had given him a key to let himself in.

"Dee?," he called out unlocking the door
'She must be getting ready.'

Her house was rather small but it was only her and Mel so there was no reason to have space they weren't going to use. It was nice though, she had decorated it to her liking. She had done the same in his house when she was living with him. He kept it just as she left it. Now he found himself walking through the house going from room to room. When he got to her bedroom he went in and sat on the bed next to the nightstand. There was a picture there, he picked it up looking it over. It was a picture of him and her.

They were so happy then, he looked at it once more before returning it to its place on the nightstand. He walked out of the room and into the hall. He looked at each picture as he walked. He made his way back downstairs sitting on the couch so he could wait for her. She came down moments later and Nick could swear that he never saw a more beautiful sight as she walked towards him.

"Do I look ok?," she asked as she got closer

"Ok, no you look great!," he said making his way to her. he wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her close.

"In fact you look beautiful," he said smiling down at her. She smiled up at him as he knelt down brushing his lips aganist hers softly. She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him even closer. Each time they kissed it was as if time stood still. As much as he wanted her at that moment he pulled away 'No, not like this' he thought 'It has to be perfect.' He pulled away from her grabbing her hand leading them out to his car.
Chapter 6 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
No Worries
"Come on," Nick said pulling her into the house

"Nick I can't I have to go pick up Mel."

"No you don't," he said pulling her close to him wrapping his arms around her waist

"But..."

"No buts, she's with Brian and Leigh she'll be fine. Don't worry she is in good hands. This is our night," he said bringing his hands up to her face holding her in place kissing her passionately.

She sighed against his kiss, its been a long time since he kissed her like that. Not breaking the kiss his hands left her face and slide back down to her waist resting on her hips. Their kiss intensified as they both backed up towards the sofa. She fell back first, with Nick on top of her. He looked down at her face catching his breath from their kiss they had shared just moments before.

"God I love you," he said tracing her lips with his thumb

"And I love you," she replied gazing into his bright blue eyes giving him a smile a rather sexy smile at that. He knelt down and kissed her moving ever so slowly towards her neck.

"Nick," she moaned closing her eyes "You still remember all my hot spots."

"Of course I do, How could I forget. Now," he said getting up off of her standing up "Why don't we take this upstairs and I can show ya what else I remember," he said giving that famous Carter grin holding out his hand. She looked up at him and smiled putting her hand in his as he led her upstairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Days had passed since that night. Nick was dealing with alot between the new album and a relationship. A relationship that he knew would last. So he went to his bandmates to ask for their approval and advice. Yes approval. The more he thought about it the more it had become clear to him and there was no life without Dee in it.

And he wanted her to be in his life always and forever. Thats why he was going to ask her to marry him. He had went to the jewelry store earlier that day and picked out the ring. It was beautiful and he knew she would love it. It was a simple silver band with three diamonds, the middle one in the shape of a heart. He also had it inscribed with the words : to our love that was once lost but never forgotten. Which was true because even though she had left there was no denying that he hadn't forgotten about her.

He had planned a party for the event and asked the guys to come. They had arrived at Dee's house just as Nick had asked. She was still at his house with him. He told her it was a party for one of the guys. Moments later they arrived. Nick walked in first followed by Dee. They were greeted with hugs from the guys, even a hug from Baylee who was playing with Mel when they arrived. It was nearing 8:00 and Nick wanted to get this over with. He tapped his glass and spoke.

"I'd like to make a toast to the most beautiful woman in this room," he said looking at her which made her blush.
He put his glass down and took her hand in his "You've made me the happiest man alive and I don't want to ever be without you again."

"Oh Nick...," she said smiling

"Wait baby I'm not finished," he said before taking a deep breath.

'Ok Nick this is it'
he said to himself as he got down on one knee pulling out the ring box.

"Deanna I love you more than life itself and I wanna be there for you and Mel always," he said letting go of her hand "So...Deanna will you marry me?," he said opening the box. She couldn't help the tears that came then though they were happy tears.

"Deanna?," Nick asked when she didn't speak.

She nodded her head and said "Yes, yes Nick I'll marry you," she said still crying. he put the ring on her finger as she kissed and hugged him.

"Oh!! It's so beautiful," Howie said grabbing a tissue

"Yeah D. TEARJERKER MOMENT!!," AJ yelled making Nick and Dee look at him and burst out laughing.
Chapter 7 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Starting A New Life Together
The wedding was set for a month from that night. Nick and Dee grew even closer at each passing day. They were more in love than ever. Now him, Deanna, and Mel were going to be a family. He knew he was doing the right thing, he would never be alone again. She was the one for him if she wasen't then why would he always think of her after she left, why did he cry himself to sleep at nights wishing she was there with him. His life changed when she came into it and it changed when she left. The guys were so happy, their old Nick was back. They began seeing that change when she came into his life again, they did the right thing in looking her up.

"Dee?," Nick asked as they were walking in the park holding hands

"Hmm?," she answered not tearing her attention away from Mel who was walking in front of them

"What made you come back?"

"You can thank the guys for that one."

"The guys? What did they do?"

"They convinced me to come see you, that you were miserable without me."

"They were right I was miserable without you but not anymore," they stopped walking and he turned her to face him "I don't ever wanna be without you again," he said curling his finger under her chin

"Don't worry Nick I won't leave again I have no reason to," she said looking up at him. He smiled at her words, he loved her and their daughter so much, more than Dee really knew.

"Mommy...," they were broken out of their daze and looked down at Mel

"Yes Mellie?"

"Can we feed the ducks?Peas?"

"Sure," Nick said picking her up "Come on."

He grabbed Dee's hand as they walked to the pond. She sat near the pond and watched as Nick helped Mel feed the ducks. What a pair they made. She smiled at the sight in front of her the love of her life and their little girl. Nick looked back at her and smiled then turned his attention back to Mel. This was the beginning of their new life together. And Nick couldn't be any happier. He has found his love again that was lost but never forgotten.
Chapter 8 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
The Wedding
Deanna stood in front of the long mirror admiring herself, she had to admit she looked good beautiful in fact. This day could not have come soon enough, in just a matter of minutes her and Nick were going to be husband and wife. She finally did something right, resurrecting a love that she thought was gone. She heard someone come in and she looked up and saw Nick. She quickly turned to face him.

"Nick you can't see me, it's bad luck," she scurried behind the partition in the dressing room

"I wanted to see you, you look beautiful."

She came from behind her sheild to look at him. "Thank you now go...," she said trying to shoo him out.

"Wait just a minute," he said grabbing her hands "You wouldn't be trying to get rid of me now would you?"

"No of course not, I could never do that." She looked up into his eyes those mesmerizing blue eyes.

"Ok I'll go," he said bringing her hand to his mouth kissing it "Don't keep me waiting."

"I'm not planning on it." She smiled as he looked back at her smiling closing the door.

The days following up to this day were so stressful. She must have seen at least a thousand dresses before she finally chose one. Then she couldn't think of what colors she wanted, or how many bridesmaids, the list just goes on. But today she wasn't nervous, she didn't have that butterfly feeling in her stomach. This was right, Nick and her were meant to be. She drapped the veil over her face, grabbed her bouquet and opened the door.


"Ready hun?," AJ asked linking her arm with his

"As ready as I'll ever be."

The doors opened and the music played. Nick looked down the aisle at her gracefully coming to him, she looked like an angel, she was his angel. He smiled as she looked down smiling, then looked back at him. When she made it to Nick, AJ lifted her veil and kissed her cheek. She placed her hand in Nicks as the preacher started.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join this man and woman in holy matrimony. If anybody has any reason why this couple should not be wed let him speak now," he said looking out at the people in the pews "Or forever hold his peace..."

There was a short pause before he continued.

"I believe the couple has written their own vows which each will now recite."

Brian handed Nick a piece of paper and he unfolded it.

"Deanna...," he began looking at her briefly then adverted his gaze back to the paper in his hands "When we met it was love at first sight. Throughout the years we have been through so much, and those things have only made us stronger."

He paused again and looked at her giving her a smile.

"My world changed when you came into my life, it changed when you left, and it changed again when you came back into it. Deanna I've always loved you, hoped that you would come back to me, and with the help of some friends you did. And for that I thank you, I thank you for loving me, for being a dear friend, and for giving me our daughter Melanie. You two are the jewels in my life and without you I don't know what I'd do."

He looked at her again handing the paper to Brian, he took her hands in his.

"With that said all I have left to say is that I love you." He smiled as her eyes welled with tears.


She handed her bouquet to Leighanne and wiped her eyes taking the paper.

"Nick...," she started looking at him "It has been my dream to find a good man to take care of me and I found that in you." She smiled at him before continuing "You believed in me when others didn't, protected me when people misjudged me, but most of all you loved me. And for that I'm very grateful to be able to call you my husband. I promise to always be honest with you, be there for you, and to love you as much as you love me."

Nick just looked at her as she spoke, the words drowned out by her beauty.

"I love you Nick so much." She placed her hand in his again and smiled.

Brian handed Nick the ring and he placed it on her finger.

"With this ring I promise to love you always," he said bringing her hand to his mouth kissing it as she smiled. She took his ring from Leighanne placing it on his finger.

"With this ring I hold you to that promise."

He just smiled. "I now pronouce you husband and wife," he said looking from Nick to her then back at Nick "You may kiss the bride." Nick walked to her and cupped her face deeply kissing her as she wrapped her arms around his neck. The pews erupted in applause as Nick picked her up as she giggled.

"I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Nickolas Carter." She kissed him as he carried her down the aisle.

Later on that night in the safety of their hotel room Deanna and Nick were snuggled together under the covers. She had her head on his cheat and his hand was buried in her hair stroking softly. She sighed happily.

"This is the happiest day of my life."

"I know baby mine too."

"Nick...?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too. I'll always love you," he said laying on top of her.

She wrapped her arms around his neck looking up at him "Always?"

"Always." Nick leant down and softly kissed her as she closed her eyes.

Nick and Deanna are still together and their love is stronger than ever.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9435