Can't Live Without You by nickslilmami
Summary:

Nick and Liz have a fall out but Nick's having second thoughts.
Can he get the girl he loves back?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: Lyrics
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1176 Read: 871 Published: 12/29/08 Updated: 12/29/08

1. Can't Live Without You by nickslilmami

Can't Live Without You by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
This was written for a very good friend of mine, Liz.
She loved it and I hope you will too. Enjoy! :D
Liz sat on the couch in front of the TV mindlessly flipping the channels trying to find something to watch, and to try to take her mind off of him.

It's been exactly 5 months, 3 days, and 14 hours since her and Nick decided to go their seperate ways. But who's counting?

They both decided it would be better for them both if they just remained friends. But it was proving to be harder with each passing day. Liz caught herself thinking about him,humming the song that constantly reminded herself the way things were for them.

'How do I get through one night without you. If I had to live without you what kind of life would that be? Oh I need you in my arms need you to hold, your my world my heart, my soul. If you ever leave baby you'd take away everything good in my life...'

She quickly stopped before she started crying, she missed him. Missed everything about him his voice, his kisses, his touch, the way he would just hold her letting her know he wasn't going anywhere. But now he wasn't there, he was miles away hopefully thinking the same thing she was.

Nick sat in his studio no music coming to mind but one song, their song. He had often sang it to her. He took the headphones off and rubbed his eyes. Was he so stupid that he couldn't see what was in front of him? He just wasn't ready to deal with this, them it was moving too fast. But he loved her and she him.

'If I loved her so much, then why the hell did I let her go?'

Once again the song came to mind along with everything he loved about her. Her eyes the way they would just bear into his like she was searching his soul, her smile that would make any dim room bright, and her kisses that made his heart race. He sighed, this being just friends thing sucked.

'Without you there'd be no sun in my sky, there would be no love in my life. There would be no world left for me. And I...Baby I don't know what I would do I would be lost if I lost you. If you ever leave baby you would take away everything real in my life...'

She could have sworn she saw him today sitting in the park as she walked by. His gaze fixed straight ahead like he was in deep thought. She wanted to stop and say something, anything to make sense of what happened between them.

He insisted she stay at their apartment until she found something, it's just everything reminded her of him and everything that had happened there. She couldn't count the times they had made love on the couch, or just snuggled there watching TV. Now it just seemed wrong to sit there or even look at it. What's the point in staying at the one place where they lived together.

Days go by and neither one can seem to stop thinking about the other, or wondering if the other was thinking about them. Nick was growing tired of this, waking up alone, watching TV alone, doing everything alone.

He wanted his baby, he wanted his Lizzy back.

They would always be friends, but they were lovers first. Always had been ever since Nick could remember. Nick left his parents house and headed towards the apartment, their apartment in hopes that Liz would reconsider and they could pick up from where they left off.

'How do I go on? If you ever leave well baby you would take away everything. Need you with me. Baby don't you know your everything good in my life...'

Nick parked the car and walked up the pathway and up the stairs to their apartment. He knocked then stuffed his hands in his pockets. She was on the phone when she answered and she had to tell her friend that she was talking to that she'd call her later.

"Nick..."

"Can I come in?"

"Sure," she stepped aside as he walked in and she closed the door behind him

"I need to talk to you."

"Alright Nick...I'm listening."

Nick sat on the couch and ran his hand over the cushion and smiled slightly "I love this couch."

"I think you love the things that were done on it."

"Yeah that too but I love it because we bought it together."

He looked up at her then she hadn't changed a bit.

"Lizzy..."

"It's been a long time since I've heard that."

"I know...um...," he looked down at his hands then back at her "What happened to us?"

"I don't know you tell me you were the one that made the decision."

"It was a stupid decision...," he mumbled

"What?"

"It was a stupid decision to suggest us just being friends. I love you and I can't stop thinking about you."

She was trying so hard to hold the tears back and tell him the same thing. She couldn't help it her tears began falling as she talked.

"I loved you too Nicky. I still do so much...my god...," she wiped her eyes but the tears kept coming "I miss you, I miss us. I don't wanna be alone anymore..."

She was crying he didn't want her to cry, he got up from where he was sitting and walked to her getting on his knees hugging her tightly mumbling 'I love you' against her shirt.

She tenderly stroked his hair "This place holds too many memories, memories I don't want to remember unless your here to remember them with me." He looked up at her tears in his blue eyes

"I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I thought we could stay friends. I'm sorry Lizzy, I'm so so sorry..."

"It's alright Nicky, I guess it took this to realize we can't be without each other."

Nick smiled then stood up laughing a little "Look at me...," he wiped his eyes

"It's ok to cry sometimes it doesn't make you any less of a man." Liz grabbed a tissue and dabbed her eyes sitting next to him on the couch. He grabbed her hand and thumbed the top of it looking down at their hands.

"I'm lost without you Lizzy, your what holds my crazy world together."

"I know...," she lifted his chin up and softly kissed him. He closed his eyes and positioned her to sit on his lap facing him wrapping his arms around her.

"I love you Lizzy don't ever forget that," he mumbled against her neck

"I love you Nicky..."

Nick knew he was right for going back to Liz because he just couldn't live without her.

'And tell me now, how do I live without you. I want to know how do I breathe without you if you ever go. How do I ever...ever survive? How do I, How do I...Oh how do I live...?'

Lyrics: Trisha Yearwood - How Do I Live Without You