Learning To Love Again by nickslilmami
Past Featured StorySummary:




'Maybe he's the one, the one to help her love and trust again...'

She's been hurt. He wants someone to love.
What happens when these two meet? Will it be love at first sight? Or will she back away?
She's not so sure about jumping into something so soon especially with her daughter's welfare at stake. But when she gets to know him she finds out that all men aren't like that. Maybe he's the one to help her to learn to love and trust again.
Just maybe...

A popstar and an ordinary girl. Watch what happens when you learn to love somebody that wasn't meant for you to love.

(Warning: Contains strong language. Just be advised.)

Thanks to Krissie for this AWESOME banner!

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 18769 Read: 38991 Published: 12/29/08 Updated: 02/28/09
Story Notes:
This is the first chapter story I wrote. I started writing it in '05 after Never Gone was released. And it took me nearly a year to finish it.

1. Prolouge by nickslilmami

2. Chapter 1 by nickslilmami

3. Chapter 2 by nickslilmami

4. Chapter 3 by nickslilmami

5. Chapter 4 by nickslilmami

6. Chapter 5 by nickslilmami

7. Chapter 6 by nickslilmami

8. Chapter 7 by nickslilmami

9. Chapter 8 by nickslilmami

10. Chapter 9 by nickslilmami

11. Chapter 10 by nickslilmami

12. Chapter 11 by nickslilmami

13. Chapter 12 by nickslilmami

14. Chapter 13 by nickslilmami

15. Chapter 14 by nickslilmami

16. Chapter 15 by nickslilmami

17. Chapter 16 by nickslilmami

18. Epilouge by nickslilmami

Prolouge by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Before I post the first chapter I wanna know what everyone thinks of this. And if you like it I'll post more! :)
Learning To Love Again
Written by Deanna, copyrighted. 2005


--

I stared at the closed door cradling my daughter in my arms. I couldn't and didn't want to believe what had just happened. My husband who I loved dearly walked out on me and our daughter Alexis.

The five words that played over and over again in my mind were 'I don't love you anymore.'

How could he say that? How could he just throw away two years of marriage? And for who his skanky secretary, the Bitch. Shes been out to get him for some time now, she knew damn well he was married. But she didn't let up she didn't care.

And now as I stood rocking my little girl all I could think of was 'why?' Why did he do this to me, to Alexis? She wasn't even old enough to understand shes only 3 months old. He had told me he never wanted kids, but when I got pregnant with Alexis he claimed he changed his mind about the subject. Boy did he have me fooled.

And as the months passed and my belly grew the more distant he became. He would stay later at the office claiming he had work that he needed to finish. Oh it was work alright, that is if you consider fucking your secretary work!

I walked upstairs still cradling Alexis. I took her to her room and placed her in her crib. She cried a little before I put her pacifier in her mouth then she was quiet. I really felt for her, she didn't understand what was going on. As she looked up at me with her brown eyes I couldn't help but cry. This wasn't fair to her, she didn't deserve this.

I placed my hand on her forehead rubbing gently, brushing back the little bit of hair she had. She looked so peaceful laying there looking up at me making little sucking sounds as she sucked on her pacifier. She fell asleep a little after.

I leaned in and kissed her forehead whispering "Don't worry baby everything is going to be ok I promise," and I left the room still crying.


* 2 months later *

The longest two months of my life as I waited for my divorce to become final. He had given full custody to me, he didn't want anything to do with Alexis, the bastard. The only thing/person that kept me from losing my mind was my neice Haylee. Her and Alexis were all I had left in this world. She was there for me telling me it was going to be ok. A 10 year old was telling me it was going to be ok, when she herself had no idea what was going on. I loved my neice dearly she was like a daughter to me and a big sister to Alexis or Alex as she calls her. If it wasn't for her I don't know what I'd do.

Since that fateful day just two months ago I swore off men. I promised myself that I wouldn't get caught up in a relationship again. Because now it just wasn't my heart on the line but Alexis's as well. I wasn't about to bring another man into her life not knowing if he was going to hurt her like her father did.

But someone did come into my life and I'm very grateful he did. And whats even better Alexis adores him.

So I broke the promise I had made to myself, but how was I supposed to know I'd find him. It was totally unexpected.

I mean think about it he's famous and I'm well...me.
End Notes:
Feedback would be much appreciated. Please and thank you! :D
Chapter 1 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Here's the first chapter, be sure to R&R. Please and thank you!
My neices birthday was steadily approaching. Her favorite band was coming to our city and shes been bugging her mom for weeks to get her tickets. Her mother finally gave in and bought two tickets one for Haylee and one for herself. She wasn't about to let her 10 year old daughter go to a concert by herself. I guess you could call it an early birthday present. Haylee was so excited she was going to see her Brian and the boys live and meet them too. But at the last minute her mom was called out of town on a business call.

"Mommy," Haylee pouted "Do you really have to go?"

"Yes baby I do, I'm sorry."

"But if your going out of town who will take me to the concert?"

"Why don't you ask your Aunt Dee, I'm sure she'd love to go with you."

"Aunt Dee? really? you think she would go with me?"

"Why not? You are her favorite neice."

"I'm her only neice mommy."

"Yeah, Now go and call her so I'll know before I leave ok?"

"Ok." Haylee said quickly running to the phone on her moms nightstand

She dialed my number and waited.

"Hi Aunt Dee."

"Hey..."

"Mommy told me to call you before she left."

"Oh she did? What's up?"

"She can't go to the concert with me and I was hoping you could go."

"I don't know Haylee. I don't have a babysitter..."

"Please Aunt Dee. If not I can't go."

I sighed "Ok I'll see what I can do."

"Yay! Thank you!"

"Your welcome. I'm only doing this cause I know how long you've been waiting to see your boys."

"Thank you Aunt Dee, your the greatest I love you."

"I love you too."

She took the phone away from her ear to tell her mom that I said yes. Her mom got on the phone and thanked me before she hung up.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The concert was still a few days away. And Haylee couldn't contain her excitement. She was staying with me till her mom got back from her trip. The day of the concert was here and Haylee was running through the house screaming "I'm gonna see my boys! I'm gonna see my boys!"

I watched her as I sat on the sofa bouncing Alexis on my lap. She was so goofy. She finally settled on the floor drawing on a posterboard.

"What are you doing?" I asked leaning a little to look

"Making a poster for Brian." She said not looking up from her artwork.

"Oh ok." I sat back and just watched her

She sat there for a good while working on that. Some glitter here, hearts there.

"What do you think?" she asked standing up to show me

"Oh Haylee that's beautiful, Brian is going to love it."

"Yeah he would, wouldn't he?" She took a few steps back to get a good look at her masterpiece, I put Alexis down on the floor and watched as she headed towards Haylee's poster. She went to grab it and Haylee snatched it away.

"No Alex, bad!"

Alexis looked up at Haylee, her face crumped and she started crying.

"I'm sorry Alex." She said looking around till she found her rattle "Here." She shook it as Alexis took it and laughed.

"She forgot about that." I said laughing

Haylee put the posterboard on the table to dry, and came back in the living room sitting next to Alexis on the floor where she was playing.

"What time does it start?" She asked playing with Alexis

"I think your mom said 8:00 and its..." I paused to look at my watch "6:15."

"Oh ok."

I sat there watching Alex and Haylee play till it was time to go. I dropped Alexis off at the babysitters then headed to the arena. Haylee put in a CD as we pulled out of the driveway. As the music filled the car Haylee sang along knowing every word.

"Who is this?" I joked not taking my eyes off of the road

"Aunt Dee, you know who this is its the Backstreet Boys."

"I know I was just playing. This is the new one right?"

"Yeah Never Gone." she said changing the song.

"Empty spaces fill me up with holes distant faces with no place left to go, without you within me I can't find no rest where I'm going is anybodys guess."

I glanced over at her smiling as she sang the song word for word. We listened to that CD all the way to the arena. When we pulled up Haylee looked out the window at all the people.

"Wow there sure are alot of people."

"Yeah but from what I hear they are one of the big bands, right?"

"No Aunt Dee."

"No?"

"They aren't one of the big bands they are the BIGGEST band."

We found a spot and parked, then walked up to the arena.

"This is so cool!" Haylee exclaimed as she looked around the huge arena.

The concert was amazing, they are so talented. And they were really great with their fans. Haylee's mom also scored her backstage passes, and she was having the time of her life. When we got backstage there were lots of girls there all different ages. As I looked around I didn't notice that one of the members had come up and starting talking to Haylee. I looked down at them as he talked.

"Hey there cutie, what's your name?" I heard him ask kneeling down to her level.

"Haylee."

"Oh thats pretty, you want me to sign this?" He asked taking the CD out of her hand

"Yes, please Nick?"

"You got it." He signed it for her and gave it back.

"Look Aunt Dee." she said showing it to me

"Oh I see..." I leaned down and whispered "Haylee is this Brian?"

He was looking up at me now. "No Aunt Dee, thats Nick." She giggled and pointed to the man that was still knelt down in front of her.

"Dee?" He stood up to get a better look at her

"Yeah it's short for Deanna." I said as I was met with the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen

"Nick." He said holding out his hand to shake mine. I smiled at him making him smile back. He had the prettiest smile.

"Nice to meet you." He said letting go of my hand.

"Same here." I said wrapping my arm around Haylee "My neice just loves you guys."

"Yeah you rock."

"Well thanks little lady."

"Oh my god...it's Brian." Haylee walked up to him holding out her posterboard "Hi Brian I made this for you."

"For me? aww isn't that sweet, thank you."

"Your welcome your my favorite." She said as he knelt down and kissed her cheek

"Can you sign this?" She asked holding out the CD Nick had signed earlier

"I sure can." He said signing it and gave it back

The other guys came over and met with Haylee and me and signed her CD before they were gone, all except Nick.

"Haylee can I talk to you?" Nick asked so I couldn't hear

"Ok." She said as Nick led her away as I looked on

"Could you do me a favor?"

"Sure Nick anything."

"Do you think you could give me your Aunt Dee's number?"

"You want her number?"

"Yeah...I'll be your friend."

She giggled at what he said "Ok it's..." she whispered it in his ear as he smiled looking at me

'What are they talking about?' I thought to myself as I watched them

"Thanks." He said kissing her cheek before he brought her back over to me

I looked down at her and smiled "Ready to go?"

"Yeah...bye Nick, bye guys." Haylee waved at all of them

"Bye." all the guys said one after the other

"Hey Nick?" AJ asked bringing Nick back to the real world

"Yeah?"

"What were you saying to that little girl?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing huh?"

"Yeah J, nothing."

He smiled as he watched Haylee and her aunt leave.
Chapter 2 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Another chapter, enjoy! :)
It was raining when we left the arena and Haylee was all smiles when we drove home. She knew something was up.

I glanced over at her "Haylee?"

"Yeah Aunt Dee?"

"What were you talking to Nick about?" I asked still looking at the road

"Nothing." She said looking out the window watching the rain fall

"Nothing huh?"

"Yeah."

"Ok if you say so, did you have fun tonight?"

"Yes the best time ever thanks for coming with me."

"Your welcome." I said as I turned back to the road, the rain was coming down harder as I drove.

Haylee was asleep when I pulled up to the babysitters to get Alexis. I rushed in and back out putting a sleeping Alexis in the car. When we got home I shook Haylee so she could go in the house, I grabbed the carseat and headed in. Dropping my keys on the table in the hall, I saw I had a message on the machine.

"Haylee sweetie could you take Alexis upstairs for me?"

"Sure Aunt Dee." She said grabbing her out of the carseat going upstairs

"Thank you." I said returning my attention to the machine I pushed the button 'you have one new message from...' A guys voice replaced the computerized one momentarilty, long enough to say his name 'Nick'.

"Nick?"

"Hi Dee it's me Nick remember from the concert? Anyway I asked Haylee for your number I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to talk to you. I'm in town for a few more days and I was hoping we could get together. That is if you want." He said his number and I quickly grabbed a piece of paper to jot it down. "Well hey I gotta go. Talk to you soon."

"So thats what they were talking about."

"Should I or shouldn't I?" I asked outloud reaching for the phone picking it up

With the phone in hand I dialed the number I wrote down. He picked up right away.

"Um...Nick?"

"Yeah that's me, this is Dee right?"

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"Got caller ID on my phone, so I take it you got my message?"

"Yeah I did." I said taking the phone with me sitting on the couch

"Would you like to do that? That is go out with me?"

"I don't know I just got out of a bad marriage a while back."

"Oh..." I could hear his voice drop "I see uh, you want me to let you go?"

"No that's ok, listen, this idea of yours we could do that. I haven't been out in a while."

"Really? Great, so when?"

I started thinking about when I'd be available then realized I didn't have a babysitter for Alexis "Oh shit..." I said smacking my hand against my head

"What?"

"I totally forgot I have no babysitter." "For Haylee?"

"Yeah her and my baby, Alexis."

"Baby?" "Yeah I should have told you, I'm...."

"It's ok I love kids. I helped take care of my brother and sisters when I was younger. How old is she?"

"She's six months."

"Awww I'd love to meet her."

"Really you would?"

"Yeah it could be cool."

"You know most guys wouldn't go out with a woman who has a baby."

"Well I'm not most guys."

"I can see that you seem very sweet."

"Ok, so when?"

"Let's see...How about Wednesday are you free then? I know how busy you are."

"Hey guys?" He said taking the phone from his ear "Are we free Wednesday?"

"Yeah." I heard another man shout

"Yeah I'm free." He said returning it to his ear

"Ok great so I'll see you Wednesday."

"Wednesday it is, till then."

"Till then bye Nick."

"Bye Dee."

I sat there for a while with the phone still in my hand. I couldn't believe it, I had a date and not just with anybody but a Backstreet Boy. It's been two months since I've even gone out, taking care of Alexis was a full time job. And he said he would like to meet her. There's not many guys out there that are willing to date a girl who has a baby, but he said he's not most guys.

I sure hoped not I had to get back into the game somehow, and maybe this was the way. I put the phone back on the table and headed upstairs. I walked past Alexis's room, she was sound asleep. Then I walked past Haylee's room and whispered 'thank you.' Because if it wasen't for her Nick never would have called me. I made it to my room and shut the door. I got into my PJ's and climbed into bed thinking of Nick as I drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning I woke up bright and early, Haylee's mom was coming home today. And she couldn't wait to tell her mom about the concert. I dressed Alexis and Haylee grabbed her things as we headed out the door. We made it to Haylee's house and the door opened as Haylee ran to her.

"Mommy!"

"Hey sweetie..." She said hugging her "Did you have fun with Aunt Dee?"

"Yeah mom the best. The concert was great, Brian was great, the boys were great!" She told her nother excitedly

Haylee told her mother everything about the concert and how she met them. Haylee took Alexis to her room so me and her mother could talk.

"What's up Dee?" She asked as I sat down next to her on the sofa

"Nothing really, actually I've never been better."

"You don't say?"

"Thanks to your daughter I have a date tomorrow."

"A date? really? And what does Haylee have to do with this?"

"Well you know I went to the concert with her right?"

"Right..."

"Well one of guys asked Haylee to give him my number."

"Really? A Backstreet Boy asked for your number?"

"Yeah and Haylee gave it to him, but wait it gets better."

"Oh I bet..."

"He called me and left a message, I found out when I got home and I called him back. I told him I had a baby and he said he wanted to meet her that it would be cool."

"Really? That's great Dee." She smiled obvisouly a sign that she was happy for me

"Yeah I know so thanks to your daughter I have a date."

"You know I'm free I could watch Alexis if you want."

"That would be great are you sure you don't mind?"

"No not at all and that will give Haylee someone to play with while I get some things done."

"Thank you, this really means alot."

"No problem at all, what are sisters for? So...if you don't mind my asking, which one?"

"Nick."

"Nick? the blonde one?"

"Yeah that's him."

"Oh wow every fan is going to be so jealous."

"Oh hush, hey I gotta go." I said getting up heading for the door as Haylee's mom called for her to bring out Alexis. I took Alexis and was out the door.
Chapter 3 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Another chapter for all my wonderful readers on here. :)
When I got home I checked my messages. I had another one from Nick. I held Alexis on my hip as I listened.

"Hey Dee it's me Nick, I just got out of an interview and I wanted to talk to you and hear your voice. But I guess your not home so I'll talk to you later or tomorrow. Whichever comes first. Talk to ya soon. Bye."

I know I just met him yesterday but I was starting to look forward to hearing his voice. I smiled as I walked further into the living room sitting on the sofa with Alexis on my lap.

"What do you think? Should I go out with him?" I asked as she played with her rattle

"Look at me." I said leaning back on the couch "Talking to you like you can understand me. He's gonna love you, of course who wouldn't."

I tickled her sides making her giggle. I sighed "Then again...what if I'm making a mistake. I don't want you getting too attached and then he leaves. You've been through enough havn't you?"

She looked up at me smiling, I knew that she didn't understand a word I said. "Mommy just needs to lighten up, all men aren't like that. And I hope and pray that Nick isn't." I sighed again standing up turning Alexis around in my arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Wednesday was here which meant my date with Nick. Now don't get me wrong I have looked forward to this for the past two days I just wasn't sure if I should. I liked him I did he was sweet, funny, and cute as hell. I know that there is no perfect guy out there but for my sake let him be almost perfect. I had dropped Alexis off at my sisters and went back home to change. I must have spent an hour looking for the right outfit. Before I finally settled on a frilly, black lace, dress. I was a gift from a friend of mine and I haven't worn it till now. I pulled my hair up in a bun letting some strands hang down on either side of my face.

"Ok." I said smoothing out the dress "This is it."

I took one last look in the mirror before heading downstairs. Nick had sent his bodyguard to get me seeing as the fans outside the hotel weren't going anywhere. I walked outside and was met by Nick's bodyguard.

"Dee I presume?"

"Yes that's me."

"Right this way." He led me to the car as I followed behind him

The ride to the hotel was rather long. I stared out the window into the night as we drove. We got closer to the hotel and I could hear the screams of the fans outside.

'How does he put up with this?' I asked myself looking at the fans crowded at the entrance.

"We'll take the back way so they won't see you, is that ok with you?"

"Sure...that's fine."

He pulled in the parking lot around back and parked. He opened the door for me as I got out. I walked in the hotel trailing behind him. I'm hoping Nick told them I was coming cause I didn't want to cause any trouble. But unfortunately for me some of their fans spotted me, and I got some really nasty looks. I never knew how crazy their fans were. Me and Nick's bodyguard made it up to his floor in one piece, thank god. He showed me to Nick's room and stood at the end of the hall.

I knocked once, no answer. I knocked again, no answer. I knocked a third time and was met with a 'Hold on!'

Nick came rushing to the door moments later. "Oh hey Dee, sorry to keep you waiting, come on in." He said stepping aside to let me in

His room was amazing, it was so beautiful. I walked in looking around in awe.

"I'm guessing you like?" I heard him say as he walked behind me

"Like it I love it Nick, it's amazing."

"Just one of the perks that comes with being famous. I really wanted to go out but seeing the fans out there I knew I was stuck so is it ok if we stay here, we can order room service, they have great food."

"Sure that sounds good." I said giving him a smile

"You look really nice by the way."

"Thank you." I blushed I haven't heard that since god knows when, it was nice to know somebody liked the way I looked

"Your very welcome. Ok so what do you want?" He asked picking up the room service menu.

We picked out what we wanted and ordered, while we waited for our food we talked.

"So hows it feel being a Backstreet Boy?"

"Oh its great seeing the fans and making music but its not all that great."

"No? why no?"

"Well I'm the youngest one I started when I was 12. I never had a real childhood I missed out on a lot of things."

"Oh." I felt really sorry for him it must've been hard going into that so young

"But like I said seeing the fans reactions makes it all worth it." He said giving me a smile. That same smile he was famous for.

"So what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Well how is your daughter?"

"Shes doing good, wanna see a picture?"

"Sure." He said moving closer to me as I pulled a picture out of my purse to show him

"This is her she's 6 months in this picture."

"Aww shes cute and I can see where she gets her looks from." He said smiling at me as I blushed

"Yeah that's my baby she's all I got." I said putting it back in my purse

"Your ex-husband must have been crazy. If I had a woman like you I would never leave you."

"Yeah you could say that." I said ignoring the last part. We heard someone knocking and Nick got up to get it. He came back with the cart of food.

"Dinner is served."

We ate and talked about things. He was a great listener. We talked about me and he told me all about the ups and downs of being famous. After dinner we settled for a movie, since he was always on the road he brought movies with him. I sat next to him kicking my shoes off. He would glance over at me while I focused on the movie.

Somewhere in the middle of the movie he pulled me closer to him wrapping his arm around me and I layed my head on his shoulder. It was nice he was made just for cuddling. We sat and watched the movie in silence as he kept his arm around me rubbing my arm every now and then. When it was time for me to go he walked me to the door and kissed my cheek, I smiled at the gesture then turned to leave walking down the hallway.
Chapter 4 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
I wanna thank everyone who reviewed this one. So far this story has the most reviews of any of my stories. So thanks and here's a new chapter for you to enjoy. :)
Nick said that he would call me before he left and said that when he wanted to see me again when he was in town. I had to admit I did like him, I liked him alot. He was unlike any guy I've ever met.

Nick met Alexis and she took to him instantly, surprisingly. She has never taken to anyone like that before. He had said he was great with kids, and he was. He played with her for a good while before he left to go back to the hotel.

He went back up to his room but was stopped by AJ who wanted to know how his night went.

"Heya Nicky, So how'd it go?"

"How did what go?"

"Your so called 'date'."

"What?"

"I've known you for a long time and you've never ever been on a date a one night stand maybe but never a date. What gives?"

"What do you mean?" Nick said opening the door to his suite as AJ followed him in

"You know what I mean, I want details." AJ said as he took a seat in a chair by the window

"There's nothing to tell."

"Uh huh, Come on Nick don't hold out on me."

"I'm not seriously there's nothing to tell. We talked that's all."

"Is that what you call it now?"

"AJ!" Nick screamed getting mad that AJ was all up in his business "Why do you need to meedle in my love life huh?"

"Cause it's fun and you have such interesting stories to tell."

"Well this time there is no story we talked, and I really like her."

"Really?" AJ asked leaning forward

"Yeah....," Nick said sitting on the edge of the bed

"So does this mystery woman have a name?"

"Yeah she does."

"What is it?"

"Her name's Deanna but she prefers Dee, and let me tell ya she's hot." Nick said leaning forward the same as AJ

"Really? Like J-Lo hot or Mariah Carey hot?"

"J-Lo hot definitely." Nick said with a huge grin

"What does she look like?"

"Well...," Nick said leaning back on his hands "She's got brown hair, beautiful turquiose blue eyes, a body to die for, and a radiant smile." He said the whole time looking at AJ

"Wow! She does sound hot. Does she have a sister?"

"Yeah she does but she's married sorry bro."

"Damn."

"Oh and another thing she's got a daughter."

"I'm sorry, What?"

"You heard me shes got a 6 month old daughter."

"That's what I thought you said. You know your getting in way over your head here?"

"I am?"

"Yeah why you wanna go out with a girl who has a kid?"

"Because I like her and I want to make more of this."

"You do, may I ask why?"

"Do you need to know? Look...I really like her and her daughter is so cute you should see her. She just got out of a bad marriage tqo months ago and she needs someone she can depend on, someone who won't leave her, ya know?"

"Damn this is coming from you? Ok who are you and what did you do with Nick?"

"Nothing." Nick said laughing at AJ "I want to see where this goes."

"Ok it's your ass not mine, look I gotta go I got a lady friend coming."

"And you talk about me." Nick said as AJ got up and headed to the door

"Yeah, Yeah. Nick just be careful ok?"

"I will be don't worry. Night AJ." Nick said as AJ left

"Night lover boy."

"Ha Ha very funny." Nick said closing the door

'I'm gonna make this work.' Nick thought outloud as he got ready for bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Nick had kept his word. He called me a little while after they took off. I was home when he called, I had just picked up Alexis from the babysitters. We were sitting on the floor playing when the phone rang. I grabbed Alexis and answered the phone.

"Hey Beautiful."

"Hey yourself." I said smiling

"Where are you?"

"On the plane headed to god knows where."

"Oh." I said sitting on the couch with Alexis on my lap "Must be nice."

"It's ok but I hate flying on planes."

AJ had snuck up behind Nick listening as he talked. Nick turned around and saw AJ.

"Do you mind?" He asked as AJ looked at him

"Not really, I just want to say hi."

"No leave me alone." Nick said waving his hand at AJ as to tell him to leave

"Who;s that?" I asked wanting to know who he was talking to

"Just AJ, he's being an ass."

"Oh I see, I could say hi I don't mind."

"Ok, here." Nick said giving the phone to AJ

"Hey babe, So this is the famous Dee that Nicky Boy can't stop talking about?"

"Yeah." I said laughing "That's me."

"How are you?"

"I'm good, and you?"

"I'm a backstreet boy, how do you think I'm doing?"

"Oh I'm sorry forget I asked."

"No I'm playing. I'm doing good."

"That's good could I talk to Nick?"

"Sure." He handed the phone to Nick "Here ya go lover boy." AJ said patting him on the shoulder as Nick took the phone

"Hey again, sorry about him."

"It's ok. So when will you be back in town?"

"Not sure but I'll definitley let you know."

"You better."

"Oh I will trust me." he said smiling "Dee?"

"Yeah?"

"I know this is sudden but do you think we could give us a try?"

"Us?"

"Yeah us, I mean its going to be long distance for a while but we can make it work."

"Nick I don't know..."

"I know you've been through alot lately and you need someone you can trust, and I wanna be that someone that is if you'll let me."

"Can you give me some time? I don't want to rush into things, ya know?"

"I understand it's ok, it's going to take while before you can trust anybody again. I just really like you and your a great listener."

"Oh thanks."

"No problem hey listen I gotta go. I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Sure you do that, bye Nick."

"Bye Dee."

I sighed as I hung up the phone. I wasn't sure of what to do. I liked him but like I said before I don't want to get hurt again. Alexis seems to like him though, that should be a sign right? I loved my husband very much, even after what he did to me a part of me still loved him. I never dreamed we would get a divorce, ever. But everything happens for a reason, maybe it was a sign telling me we weren't meant to be.

Meanwhile, AJ was reassuring Nick that I would come around.

"Don't worry Nick, just give her time."

"Yeah, thanks J." Nick said looking up at his friend before looking back out the window

They stayed silent for a while before Nick spoke up while thinking about what I said 'give me time'.

"No woman has ever made me wait before."

Brian looked at Nick then at AJ who was sitting next to him. "What's going on AJ? Give who time?" Brian asked curiously wanting to know what was going on with his younger friend

"Nothing Rok, just talking to Nick about his new lady friend." AJ said looking at Brian

"Lady friend? You never told us of a lady friend."

"Yeah, well I just met her a few days ago and you never asked." Nick said looking at his best friend

"Oh ok. So whats the problem?"

"I asked her if we could give us a try and she told me she'd have to think about it."

"Uh huh...," Brian said shaking his head "Is it a problem for you?"

"Not really I like her and I'm willing to wait as long as she needs me to." Nick sighed "It's just, I don't know."

"No woman has ever made you wait, is that it?"

"Yeah but I'm not gonna rush her, shes been through alot."

"She has?"

"She just got out of a bad marriage two months ago. Her husband left her and their daughter for another woman." Nick slunk back in his seat arms crossed mumbling to himself "Bastard."

"He left her? But how did you two meet?" Brian asked

"Remember that little girl named Haylee?"

"Yeah..."

"That's her neice."

"Oh that girl."

"Yeah that's her."

Nick sat in silence the rest of the plane ride. He was waken up by Brian gently shaking him.

"Nick? Come on man." He said as Nick opened his eyes and looked at him "We're here."

Nick yawned and stretched as the plane landed. They all grabbed their carryons and made their way to the van that was waiting for them. Nick said goodnight to the guys before heading up to his suite. He turned the key and heard the door click, he opened the door and put his bags on the table by the window. He sat on the edge of the bed grabbing the phone. he dialed my number and waited till he got my machine.

"Hey Dee it's me Nick, just got to the hotel. Just wanted to let you know I got here ok and that I thought about what you said. I'm willing to wait as long as you need me to. Look I'm going to bed it was a long flight, I'll call you tomorrow. Night."

He hung up the phone falling back on the bed. Did he mean what he said? Yeah he did he cared about me more than he wanted to admit. He lay there a while longer, then got up closed the door and stripped down to his boxers. He climbed under the covers closing his eyes.
Chapter 5 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Two updates in one day, how good am I? LOL.
You know the drill R&R, please and thank you! :)
I spent the next couple of days thinking about what I wanted to do. It can't be that hard to make a decision, can it? Then again considering the welfare of my daughter and what it could and would do to her if he were to leave. But I would never know if I didn't try.

I had given Alexis her bath and put her to bed. I sat at the kitchen table with the phone in front of me, deciding whether or not to call him. I took a deep breath and picked up the phone dialing his number.

Nick was dead to the world, he was trying to get some sleep before the awards show they had to go to that night but he was waken up by his cell ringing. He groaned turning on his back putting his arm over his eyes. He was hoping whoever it was would just give up and hang up, but the ringing continued. He uncovered his eyes and leant over to the nightstand to pick it up. He flipped it open and answered not even seeing who it was.

"Hello?" He asked in a sleepy voice his eyes still closed

"Nick?" I asked hoping I wasn't interrupting anything

"Dee?" He asked opening his eyes sitting up resting against the headboard of the bed

"Yeah it's me. Am I interrupting something?"

"No." He said rubbing his eyes and yawned "I was getting some sleep before the awards show. Or trying to."

"Oh...I'm sorry you want me to let you go?"

"No it's ok. Really, is everything ok?"

"Yeah everything is fine, Alexis is fine too."

"That's good."

"Yeah but thats not why I called you. I called you to tell you that I thought about what you said."

"You mean about us?"

"Yeah us..." I let my words hang in the air for a moment "I just hope I'm doing the right thing because I don't want to get hurt again."

"Trust me." He said sitting up further "I would never hurt you Dee, never. I'm not like that."

"I know..." I wondered if he could ehar the uncertainty in my voice

"I don't want to force you Dee. If your not ready then your not ready. I like you and I want to be there for you and Alexis, take care of you, love you, that is if you'll let me."

I sat and listened to him talk, he wanted to take care of me and he loved me? Wow wasn't expecting that one.

"Dee are you still with me?"

"Yeah I'm here."

"Maybe I shouldn't have said the L word huh?"

"No it's not that it's just it's been quite a while since I've had that said to me. But when I hear someone say it I want them to mean it, really mean it Nick."

"I know this sounds crazy but I do mean it Dee. I'm falling in love with you and I want to be with you always. I just hope that in time you can learn to trust me."

I smiled when I heard him say that, he was really too sweet.

"Ok Nick."

"Ok...? Ok what?"

"Ok as in let's give us a try, I'm willing to try if you are."

"Really? Are you sure? Because if your not we can..."

I cut him off "Nick I'm sure I really need to learn to trust again and I'm hoping that person will be you."

"I hate to cut this short but we've been talking for almost an hour now, and I really need to get some sleep before this show. So um...I guess I'll call you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah ok tomorrow, sweet dreams."

"They will be." He said smiling "Night Dee."

"Night Nick."

I hung up and smiled as I got up from the table. The only thing I wasn't sure of was this long distance thing, but I'm guessing it will all be worth it. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch picking up the remote. I flipped through a couple channels till I found something worth watching.

Nick's Point of View:

I hung up my phone and placed it on the nightstand. She said yes, I knew she would. I was going to get her to trust me no matter what I had to do. I wasn't going to break her heart not like her ex-husband did, no way. I cared for her, no I love her. I layed back down putting my hands behind my head staring up at the ceiling. There was no way I was going to sleep now, not with her on my mine. I got up with a blanket in hand and sat on the couch turning on the TV. I fell asleep like that.

But it wasnt long after that I was waken up again, not by the phone this time, but by pounding on my door. It was Kevin yelling at me to get my ass up and ready.

"Ok!" I yelled as I got up and headed to the bathroom. I washed up and got dressed. I met the guys down at the limo waiting for us, I climbed in and sat next to Brian.

"Hey Nick." Brian said giving me a playful smile

"Hey B."

"You look rested." Brian said as he watched me yawn

"Yeah well I was waken up twice." I said giving Kevin a look as the limo pulled off

"Twice? You mean besides Kev?"

"Uh huh....Dee called me." I said looking out the window

"Oh she did? What did she want?"

"Just to tell me that she tought about what I said and that she was willing to give us a try." I said turning around to look at my best freind

"Oh really?"

"Yeah but shes really scared to get hurt again. How do I make her see that I wouldn't do that to her?"

"Just let her know your there for her and tell her you love her, thats what I do with Leighanne. And look at us." He said smiling looking over at Leighanne who was sitting beside him

"I've been telling her that for the past couple of days but it feels like she doesn't want to hear it."

"Nick listen to me, shes been hurt ok? It's going to take her a while to trust you let alone love you. And it might not only be herself shes worried about, it could be her daughter too."

"Alexis?"

"Yeah she has a child with another man, a man who left her and Alexis, I'm betting she doesn't want you to hurt her like her father did."

"You know me B I wouldn't do that."

"I know that but Dee doesn't, we know you inside and out. We know all the good and bad things about you. Just give her time and she will learn to love the person, the man that we love like a brother." Brian said putting his hand on me shoulder as I looked at him

"Thanks Brian."

"No problem Nicky, you know were all here for you." Brian said patting my shoulder

We arrived at the show moments later. All five of us got out and made our way inside. We walked up the red carpet, people screaming, cameras flashing. Lucky for me I was used to this. Reporters were asking us questions left and right. One question was directed towards me and I didn't hear it the first time.

"I'm sorry what was your question again?" I asked over the loud screams of the people

"We were just wondering how come you don't have a date."

"Well..." I said thinking about if I wanted to tell this guy I was seeing somebody "She couldn't be here with me tonight."

I didn't really want to say that but it was too late the reporters wanted to know who I was talking about.

"She? And who might this she be Nick?"

"Let's just say shes a good friend at the moment." I said as my bodyguard pushed mr to get going

"What the hell was that?" Kevin asked when we got inside

"What was what?" I asked looking at Kevin

"That out there, who is she?"

"None of your business."

"You are my business Nick, when you go around talking about a woman that can't be here with you I make it my business."

"Just a girl I met."

"A girl you met? And where did you meet her?"

"Kevin don't..."

Kristen pulled on his arm "Nick will tell us when he's ready, lets just take our seats."

"Alright..." Kevin said giving me one last look then letting Kristen pull him away

"Don't worry about him." Brian came up behind me as Kevin and Kristin went to their seats "You can tell him when your ready, come on." He put his arm around my shoulders as we walked to our seats.
Chapter 6 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
20 reviews and counting, thanks to everyone who is reading this story. It really means alot that you told me what you think, I LOVE getting feedback. Well here's the next chapter, ENJOY! :D
Nick and I have talked on the phone almost everyday since then. I still wasn't sure about this long distance thing but Nick assured me that it was going to work out. That was easy for him to say he's done that before I haven't, this was going to take some getting used to.

Haylee's birthday was today and I was on my way over to her house for the party when my cell rang. I picked it up off of the seat next to me, I knew who it was right away.

"Hey." I said still keeping my eyes on the road and one hand on the steering wheel
"Right back at ya. How are you?"

"I'm doing good, Alexis is doing good too."

"That's good." He said laughing like he knew what I was going to say

"You know what today is right?"

"Of course I do it's Haylee's birthday right?"

"Yeah shes 11 today, you know she's been telling her friends that her aunt is dating a Backstreet Boy?"

"She has has she?"

"Yeah she has she's really excited about it, she really likes you ya know?"

"Yeah I could tell but I'm not her favorite remember?Brian is."

"Yeah..." I paused for a minute "Nick?"

"Yeah Dee?"

"Do you think, well if its not too much trouble if you guys could sing Happy Birthday to her on the phone? It would really make her day." I said pulling into the driveway parking the car

"Sure we could do that right guys?" I heard him ask the others

"Do what?" Brian asked

"Dee's on the phone and she wants to know if we could sing happy birthday to her neice."

"The cute little girl who gave me the nice poster?"

"Yeah that little girl, todays her birthday."

"Sure we can do that."

Nick brought his ear back to the phone "Yeah we can do that."

"Really? Aww you guys are just too sweet."

"Not as sweet as you." I blushed when he said that "Your too much." I said getting out of the car opening the passenger door grabbing Alexis's carseat out of the back

"Yeah but you love me." "Yes I do." I said making my way to the door

"Look, Nick? I'm going to let you go but don't go anywhere, I'll call you from my sisters phone so I can put you on speaker so you can sing to her ok?"

"Ok I'll be here." I hung up and opened the door

"Aunt Dee!" Haylee yelled as I walked in putting Alexis down closing the door

"Hey Haylee, Happy birthday." I said kneeling down to hug her

"Thanks." She broke the hug and held out her wrist "Mommy gave me a gift early, look."

"Bracelets?"

"Not just any bracelets they're bracelets from Brians Heathly Heart Club."

I smiled as I took Alexis out of her carseat and made my way to the room where the kids were.

"Here is your gift, But I have something else for you too." I said handing it to her and stood up

"Really, what is it?" She asked eagerly

"Sit here I'll be back ok?"

"Ok." She said sitting in the chair I just got up from

I came back in with the phone and placed it on the table in front of her (It had a long cord. lol). I dialed a number and it started ringing

"Someone wants to say Happy Birthday."

"Hello?"

"Hey baby, Haylee's here isn't there something you want to tell her?"

"Yeah hold up." I heard him put the phone down and then I heard singing

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Haylee, Happy Birthday to you..."

Haylee just looked at me and smiled, she wasn't expecting that.

Nick came back to the phone "Happy Birthday girl."

"Thank you Nick." Haylee said as her friends all stared at her

"I gotta go baby, love you."

"Love you too."

"Bye Bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and Haylee jumped off the chair and hugged me

"Thank you Aunt Dee, that was the best gift ever!"

"Your welcome anything for my favorite neice." I said as I hugged her with my free arm

Haylee turned to her friends and said "I told you she was dating Nick."

~*~*~*~*~*~

The party was over about an hour and a half later, all Haylee's friends were gone and I was holding Alexis as I helped her mother clean up.

"Did you like all your gifts?"

"Yeah Mommy, thanks." Haylee said looking up at her mother

"Anytime sweetie."

"That was really sweet of Nick and the guys to sing to her." Haylee's Mother said looking at me as she put some plates in the trash

"Yeah I asked him if he would and he said yeah."

"So how are things with you two?"

"Things are good, for now."

"For now?"

"Yeah...but I really hate this long distance thing, but thats the price you pray for dating a popstar I guess." I shrugged as Autumn laughed. "I can't wait till he comes home, we'll finally get to spend some time together."

"Yeah just you and Nicky..." She teased clearing the last of the plates from the table

"You want me to stay and help you clean the rest of this up?"

"No, you go." She gave me a nudge towards the living room "Lover boy might call ya."

"Alright, your sure?"

"Yeah yeah I'm sure, go." She said as Haylee got up and hugged me goodbye

"Bye Hay-Hay Happy Birthday." I said returning her hug

"Thanks Aunt Dee."

I put Alexis in her carseat and made my way out the door. I checked my cell phone before getting in the car. I had a message from Nick he must have tried calling me when I had my phone off.

"Hey Dee, how are you honey? Listen...call me when you get this I have some news for you. Love you."

I closed my phone and smiled as I got in the car. I drove off and made my way to the main road. I turned on the radio, going through the stations till I came to a song I recognized. It was a BSB song, one that Haylee would listen to many times on end. I smiled when I heard Nick's voice, he really had a beautiful voice. I hummed the song in my head as I drove, I didn't really know the words but the beat was easy to learn.
Chapter 7 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Another chapter for all my lovely readers. :)
I called Nick when I got home. He said he had news, good or bad I didn't know. Hopefully it was good news. I got home a little after eight, after giving Alexis her bath and putting her to bed I made my way back downstairs to wait for Nick to call. When I called him earlier he was a little busy so he told me that he'd call me back. The phone rang as I walked in the living room, and sure enough it was Nick.

"Hey." I said sitting on the couch getting comfortable

"Hey yourself, sorry about earlier."

"Thats ok, this time..." I teased and I heard him laugh

"Ok then about my news." I heard him shuffling the phone on the other end.

"Where are you?"

"In my hotel room." He said as I heard the door close

"Is it nice?"

"Yeah it's nice but my house is way better though."

"Yeah? And where is that?"

"Tampa."

"Sounds nice."

"It is it's near the ocean. Its beautiful and so peaceful, maybe you and Alexis could come down sometime, Haylee even."

"She'd love you forever."

"Yeah but..."

"Your not her favorite I know. Nick...your getting off the subject here."

"Oh yeah sorry my news."

"Good or bad?"

"I'd say it's good, really good. Ok, do you remember me telling you about our managment wanting to add more dates to our tour?"

More dates? This definitely wasen't gonna be good. "Yeah what about it?"

"Well...we all sat down and talked to them about it."

"And...?"

"And we decided that it really wasn't necessary cause there's always another tour. And we do have lives too."

"So that means your coming home?"

"Yup. I'm coming home baby."

"That's great Nick, can't wait to see you." I said sitting back on the couch twirling the phone cord around my finger smiling

I was expecting him to say that they added a TON of dates, but they didn't thank god for that.

"Me too can't wait to see you. Oh and one more thing..."

"Yes Nick?" I asked smiling still twirling the phone cord

"I was wondering, that is if you want, if you and Alexis would come down to my house in Tampa and spend a few days with me."

"Really? That would be nice, it's been a long time since I've actually gotten away since..."

"The divorce?"

"Yeah...the divorce..." I stayed silent for a couple of minutes

"Dee? Sweetie you there?"

"Yeah I'm here sorry, was thinking."

"Oh...I see."

"You know what?" I said sitting up "That sounds like a great idea I need to get out. When do you come home?"

"In a week, thats still too long though, cause I really wanna see you."

"You will in a week." I heard Alexis on the baby monitor crying.

"What was that?"

"Nothing its just Alexis she woke up, look I'm going to have to let you go. Call me tomorrow ok?"

"You know I will."

"Love you Nick."

"Love you more."

I smiled when he said that he was too much sometimes. "Night Nick."

"Night Dee." I hung up the phone and headed upstairs to put Alexis back to sleep.

I walked into Alexis's room to see her standing in her crib crying her little heart out. I walked into the room and picked her up out of the crib.

"What's the matter?" I craddled her as I spoke "Did something scare you?" I asked grabbing her pacifier from the nightstand putting in her mouth.

"Shhh, there there..." I said patting her bottom "Mommy's here."

I stood for a while rocking her back and forth but she didn't seem to want to go to sleep.

"Do you miss Nick? Mommy misses him too." I said sitting in the rocking chair "He's coming home soon, you'd like that wouldn't you?" I started rocking back and forth patting her bottom as I rocked. "You just wanted to be held thats all..." She looked up at me as I rocked. I started humming 'Hush Little Baby' it worked for Haylee when she was a baby, I figured it might work for her too.

And I was right she fell asleep soon afterwards, I sat there rocking a little longer until I was sure she was asleep. I got up from the rocking chair slowly not waking her, put her in her crib and lay a soft kiss on her forehead.

She was my little angel and she was all I had in this world. I looked at her one more time before closing the door. I made my way down to my room, I went in and closed the door behind me. I got into my PJ's and climbed in bed once again thinking of Nick and how things were gonna go once he was home.
Chapter 8 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Yet another chapter, hope you all enjoy this one. Please R&R!
Those 7 days flew by so fast and before I knew it I was headed to the airport to meet up with Nick and the guys. Autumn got me to the airport in record time, I there just as their plane landed. I stood by the gate holding Alexis.

Nick wanted me to bring her. He had called me the day before they left and asked me if I would meet him at the airport. I said yes of course. Fans were there too, quite a few of them. I expected that because the last time Nick and I had been together the fans were there waiting for him.

"Look Alexis." I said pointing to the gate "You'll see Nick soon."

She looked at me and smiled big, I knew she remembered him, who could forget someone like Nick?

"You remember Nick don't you?" I asked bouncing her on my side causing her to giggle

The guys got off the plane as I was doing that, I didn't know it was them till I heard the fans screaming. I looked up as Nick got off, there he was. I smiled as I watched him sign autographs and pose for pictures, they really loved their fans.

Nick looked over the crowd and spotted me. It's been months since the last time I had seen him. Nick finished signing atuographs and made his way to me, as his bodyguard noticing where he was going held the fans back. As Nick got closer the more nervous I got, what was I going to say to him? I've only talked to him on the phone and now here he was walking towards me with a big grin on his face. I hadn't realized how much I missed him.

"Hey beautiful." He said dropping his carryon embracing me in a tight hug "I missed you,." He whispered

"Hey youself." I said smiling as he pulled away

Alexis was looking at him like she knew him, but maybe didn't. Nick leant down so he could see her.

"Alexis..." He said as she buried her face in my shirt "Remember me?"

"Oh now your shy." I said trying to get her to look at Nick

"Look, who is that?" I asked pointing at Nick as she pulled her face away from my shirt to look at him. She made a baby noise pointing at Nick. "Who is that? Is that Nick?"

She smiled again as Nick held out his arms, she held out her arms as Nick took her from me.

"Hey you." He said as she put her hand on his face. He laughed as he grabbed her hand pretending to bite it as she giggled. "You do remember me." He tickled her making her giggle more.

"How was your flight?"

"It was good but like I said before I hate flying."

"You want to go to the hotel with me and guys? We have some catching up to do." He said still playing with Alexis

"I'd love too, and I'd love to meet the rest of the guys."

"Did you drive here?"

"No my sister drove me, I don't drive."

"Did you want to ride with me then?"

"Sure."

"Wait here." He said giving Alexis back to me "Let me go tell Steve whats going on ok?"

"Steve? Who's Steve?"

"My bodyguard." He said pointing to the big man trying to keep the fans at bay

"Ok, I'll be here."

Nick walked over to him as the fans screamed louder. He whispered to Steve as he nodded and smiled at me. Nick walked back over to me, telling me it was ok. The guys got on their own buses and Steve escorted me to Nick's bus so I wouldn't get attacked by angry fans.

"It's good to see you again...Dee is it?" He asked looking back at me

"Yeah, its good to see you too." I said as we got to Nick's bus

"Here we are." He said knocking on the bus door as Nick opened it, he smiled as he held out his hand helping me on.

We arrived at the hotel about an hour later. They parked the buses around back so noone would see them and so I could get off without getting hurt.

"I'll meet you up there, you know your way up right?"

"Yeah I do Steve gave me the room number."

"Ok see ya soon." Nick said getting off the bus

I made my way into the hotel and to the elevator with Alexis. The elevator dinged letting me know this was my floor. I got off and walked to Nick's hotel room.

"Go on in Nick is waiting for you." Steve said stepping aside so I could go in

"Thanks." I opened the door and went in

"Can we help you?" I heard someone say from behind me

I turned around and was met by four pairs of eyes staring at me.

"I'm here to see Nick."

As soon as I said that Nick came out of the bathroom and saw me. He walked to me resting his hands on my shoulders.

"Introductions...ok thats AJ, and thats Brian, Kevin, and Howie." He said pointing each one out "Guys?"

They all stopped talking and looked at him.

"This is Dee and this little cutie is her daughter Alexis."

"Dee? The one your always talking about?" AJ asked

"Yeah, the only one."

"It's nice to finally meet you." Brian said shaking my hand

"Same here, Brian right?"

"Yup thats me, and this must be Alexis." He said letting go of my hand to look at her "You were right Nick she is cute." He said looking up at Nick then back at Alexis

"May I?"

"Sure. That is if she'll go to you." I said waiting to see if she would

"I don't bite." He said playfully as she looked at me, then at Nick, then back at Brian

"See I'm friendly. I remember when Baylee was this little." Brian said walking around the room with her

After Brian took Alexis I felt arms go around my waist, I tilted my head to see Nick with his chin resting on my shoulder. I placed my hands over his leaning into him.

'This is nice' I thought to myself.
It's been a while since anyone has held me like this.

"How's Haylee?" Brian spoke up breaking the silence

"She's fine, thanks again for singing to her it really made her day."

"Anything for a fan."

"Hello I'm Howie, but you can call me D."

"Ok D."

"Kevin." He said shaking my hand

"Nice to meet you."

"I was beginning to think Nick had made you up." Kevin said

"Nope I'm real." I said as I felt Nick's hold on me go tighter

"Yeah, she's real alright." Nick said from behind me

"The names AJ."

"Your the one I talked to on the phone, right?"

"Yup thats me babe."

I giggled. These guys I could learn to like very quickly.
Chapter 9 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Here's the next chapter, sorry for the delay. Things have been crazy on my end. I won't leave you hanging anymore, so go on and read it already. lol
The day was here for me to go to Florida with Nick. He called me a while ago to let me know he was coming to get me. I took that time to get my stuff together. Nick and the guys had left the hotel and were headed to the airport.

"Guys we gotta make one quick stop...." Nick said as their van pulled off

"Nick we don't have time we gotta go." Brian spoke up

"This won't take long, I told Dee we would pick her up."

"Why? Is she coming with us?"

"She's coming with me back to Tampa."

"She's going with you?"

"Yeah she is, her and Alexis."

"How long?"

"Not sure, she can stay as long as she likes."

"Alright." Brian leant over his seat to tell the driver the address that Nick gave him.

Meanwhile I was at the house getting ready, well I was ready but I still had to dress Alexis. And thats not very easy when she won't stay still. I sat her on my lap and started putting her shirt over her head as the phone rang. I didn't bother to look at who it was I just answered it.

"Hello?"

"Deanna?"

"Matt, what do you want?"

"I wanted to see my daughter."

"Oh now you wanna see her?" I put her arms through the sleeves "You weren't saying that a few months ago."

"Yeah I know, but I wanna see her."

"Well you can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not going to be here."

"And where are you going?"

"I don't think thats any of your business."

"I think it is my business if your taking my daughter somewhere, now where are you going?"

"I'm visiting a friend if you must know. Why are you calling me out of the blue saying you want to see Alexis?" I asked as I layed her down on the couch to put on her pants

"I just want to see my daughter, I haven't seen her since she was born." "That isn't my fault, you walked out on us remember? I don't want you coming back into her life just to leave again. I can't do that to her Matt, I just can't." I sat her up as I put on her shoes and tied them.

"Just let me see her, please?"

"Matt no. I..." I was cut off by the sound of a horn honking "Look I gotta go my ride is here." I quickly hung up not wanting to be bothered by him anymore.

I heard the doorbell ring, grabbing Alexis I made my way to the door and opened it to see Nick standing there.

"Hey, ready to go?"

"Yeah just let me get my bags and her carseat."

"Let me." Nick grabbed my bags and the carseat

"Aren't you sweet."

Nick just smiled at me as I picked up Alexis and my keys, heading out the door.

"Got everything?" Nick asked looking at my bags in his hands

"Yeah I think I'm good." I said as we made our way to the van "Hey guys." I said as AJ slid open the door for me

"Hey babe." AJ said grabbing the carseat that was now in my hand. I climbed in and strapped Alexis in then sat down. Nick followed behind me moments later

"Come here." Nick said sliding me across the seat to sit closer to him wrapping his arm around me "Get comfortable it's gonna be a long ride."

I smiled up at him as the van pulled off. It wasn't that long of a ride like Nick had said. Well talking to the other guys helped the time go by.

Now the plane ride was another story, that was a long ride. But it wasn't too bad, I'd never been on a plane before this trip. I smiled as I looked around me. Brian and AJ were playing with Alexis, Kevin was on the phone, Howie was, I'm guessing he was laying down cause I didn't see him, and Nick was playing a video game. He was so cute when he concentrated. I walked over sitting next to him.

"Hey, whatcha playing?"

"Hey...nothing now." He paused the game to look up at me "You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine, do you want another player?"

"Sure here." He said handing me a controller. I took the controller from him as he started it up again.

"Hold on, your doing it wrong." He paused the game and scooted closer to show me the correct way to do it "You gotta do it like this."

"Oh..." I looked up at him then, I just loved his eyes

At that moment it felt like we were the only two people on that plane. He looked at me a while longer before leaning in kissing me softly, I didn't pull back. The kiss was sweet and sensuous at the same time. I leaned in a little to get us closer. His hand came up to rest under my chin, as I grabbed his arm deepening the kiss.

Brian glanced over wondering why we were so quiet. He looked over in AJ's direction and whispered "Hey AJ."

"What?"

"Look...," Brian said pointing at Nick and me

"Awww how cute, the first kiss."

"Yeah..." Brian smiled at the sight of his friend and his new girlfriend, it was good to see him so happy.
Chapter 10 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Another chapter for you all to enjoy. It's getting good. :)
We arrived at Nick's house hours later and he helped me out then grabbed Alexis's carseat.

"Nick your house, it's beautiful."

"Wait till you see the inside." He said coming up behind me making me smile "Come on..." He said putting his hand on my lower back as we walked to the door

Nick sat the carseat down so he could unlock the door. He picked up the carseat and went inside with me trailing behind him.

"I'll show you your room in a bit, tour first." He said kneeling down unstrapping Alexis from her carseat. "Your lucky my dogs aren't here."

"You have dogs?"

"Yeah my neighbor keeps an eye on them for me while I'm gone. Come on I'll give you the grand tour. This is the living room."

"Wow! it's big. And you live here by yourself?"

"Yup just me and my dogs." He said as I followed him into the next room. He took me through each room, his house was so big for just one person.

"Now..." He said sliding open the patio doors "For the outside."

"You have a pool too?"

"Yeah doesn't everybody?" He asked putting Alexis on his hip. I looked at the pool then back at him "Would you mind if I went for a swim?"

"No not at all, I have to make a phone call anyway."

"You want me to take Alexis?"

"Nah I got her, come on Alexis." Nick said disappearing into the house

I went in making my way upsatirs to get my suit. I changed and headed back outside. I sat on the edge with my feet in the water for a while before jumping in. I came back up smoothing my now wet hair back. Nick came out as I swam to the edge of the pool to be where he was.

"I just got off the phone with AJ."

"Yeah?"

"How does a cookout sound? Me, you, Alexis, and the guys?"

"That sounds great but I thought we were gonna take this time to spend together?"

"We will, and this way you can get to know the guys a little better."

"Ok." I said smiling at him

"I'm glad you decided to come down here with me." He said bouncing Alexis on his lap

"I am too, it's nice to get away from everything."

"What do you want to do tonight?" He asked as I got out of the pool sitting in the chair next to him wrapping the towel around me

"I dn't know it doesn't matter to me."

"How about a movie?"

"Sure that sounds good."

"Actually I got another idea." He said standing up with Alexis

"What?" I asked looking up at him

"Get dressed we're gonna go somewhere."

"Ok give me 20 minutes."

I got up and made my way into the house and up to my room to change, with Nick watching me every step of the way.

"I love your mom kiddo." Nick said as Alexis looked at him giving him a smile

I got out of my bathing suit and slipped into a light blue sundress with white sandals and pulled my hair back in a ponytail. I went back downstairs seeing that Nick was ready.

"Come on beautiful." He said grabbing the carseat and holding open the door. We got in the car and drove off. We pulled up to the beach a little while later.

Nick got out and opened the back door taking Alexis out. Nick took my hand putting Alexis on his hip.

"The beach Nick?" I asked looking up at him closing the car door

"Yeah I love the ocean it's relaxing." He said taking my hand in his leading me on the beach "Don't you think so?"

"Yes very" I said wrapping my arm around him, leaning into him

Nick smiled wrapping his arm around me also. Alexis's father never did these kind of things with me. Nick was nothing like him he was sweet and caring.

'I could get used to this' I thought leaning into him even more as we continued walking.

We were halfway down when Nick stopped putting Alexis down.

"Wait here I'll be back." He said leaving Alexis and me on the beach

He came back minutes later with a blanket in hand. I picked up Alexis as he layed it down on the sand. He sat down holding out his hand to help me. I sat in between his legs as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Look." He said pointing out to the horizon. The sun was setting and it was so beautiful. "I love the ocean it's so peaceful." He said resting his chin on my shoulder.

We stayed that way watching the sun set Nick, Me, and Alexis.
Chapter 11 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
A new chapter, FINALLY! Sorry for the lack of updates I've had a few days off and I've definitely been enjoying it. Enjoy the new chapter. :)
I woke up the next morning with a start, still remembering what happened last night. I walked past Nick's room making my way downstairs, I didn't want to wake him. I was hungry so I decided to make breakfast. I was cracking eggs into the pan when Nick came downstairs unheard.

"Morning." I heard him say as I spun around to say it back dropping the egg in my hand. He was standing in front of me clad in his boxers and what a sight it was not, that I was really looking.

"Um..."

"What?"

"Maybe you should get some clothes on."

"Huh?" He said looking down "Oh...don't have people stay over too often sorry, be back." He said leaving the kitchen going upstairs to put something on

As soon as he left the kitchen I cleaned up the mess and went back to cooking. But my mind was stuck on seeing him like that.

We ate breakfast in silence, I didn't dare bring up what happened earlier. After breakfast we started getting things ready for the cookout that was gonna take place that afternoon. I put Alexis in her playpen that I brought along so we could get things done. I know I was Nick's guest but I wanted to help.

"Need any help?" I asked as he unloaded the groceries he had just bought

He looked up at me and smiled "No I'm good, why don't you go sit down and relax till the party starts?"

"But I wanna help." I said coming up beside him

"Ok can you take these out to the patio for me?" He asked handing me the hamburgers

"Sure." I said sliding open the doors, going outside and sitting them on the grill. I looked out at the ocean, the view was breathtaking.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I heard him say coming up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist as he rested his chin on my shoulder

"Yes it is, it's very beautiful." I said leaning back on him "How long till this cookout starts?"

"Not for a couple of hours why? Did you want to do something?"

"Not really just asking."

"Ok then I'm gonna go back inside and get things ready will you be ok out here?"

"Yeah I'll be fine." I said turning back to him as he went back in the house

I went upstairs to change before the guests came. I slipped into my bikini and matching wrap. I made my way back downstairs hearing whistles as I got to the bottom of the stairs. I knew exactly who it was.

"Hey AJ."

"Hey babe." He said looking me up and down "Looking good."

"Thanks." I said blushing a little

Before this I never had to nerve to wear a bikini that was this revealing, but I figured what the hell. Matt never approved of me wearing such things, well now I didn't have to worry about him. I grabbed a soda out of the cooler and slide the doors to go outside.

"Hey babe." Nick said coming up to me kissing me on the cheek

"Hey." I said looking at all the people that were there "Who are these people?" I asked not taking my eyes off of them as Nick took the soda out of my hand sitting it on the patio table

"I'll introduce you." He said taking my hand in his walking over to the crowd of people. Leighanne was the first to speak up

"Hi. I'm Leighanne Brian's wife."

"Nice to meet you."

"I'm Kristen, I believe you already know Kevin."

"Yeah I know him."

"Daddy..." Baylee said coming up tugging on Brian's pants leg "Who's that?"

"That's Nick's new girlfriend, Deanna."

"She's pretty." He said smiling

"Awww aren't you cute?" I said kneeling down to him

He smiled shyly at me buring his face in Brian's pants leg.

"That would be my son Baylee, he's usually not shy." Brian kneeled down to Baylee "Say hi to Deanna Baylee you just said she was pretty."

"Yeah I don't bite."

"Hi." He said shyly

"And well I believe that's everyone that you didn't meet before."

"I'll be back." I said going in the house

"So that's the famous Deanna huh?" Leighanne asked as Nick nodded in agreement "Yeah that's her isn't she great?"

"Yeah she is, I thought you said she had a daughter?"

"She does."

"Where is she?"

I slide open the patio doors holding a sleepy Aelxis in my arms and Nick smiled when he saw me.

"Here she is now." Nick said walking over to me holding out his arms to Alexis as she went to him "And this little cutie is Alexis."

"Awww, she's so cute." Leighanne said cooing at her causing her to bury her face in Nick's shirt

"Yeah she is aren't you Lexy?" Nick said as she smiled up at him

Nick walked back over to where I was, I was sitting at the table now. He sat opposite from me with Alexis on his lap. I leaned forward and started playing with her as Nick held her.

"Isn't that a sight?" Leighanne whispered to Brian

"What's a sight?"

"That." She said pointing over to me and Nick "You would think they were married the way they were acting."

"Yeah, well Nick really cares about her so who knows."

Brian shrugged and looked over at his best friend and his grilfriend, she made him happy and that's all that mattered.
Chapter 12 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
It's getting to the end and I wanna thank everyone who has read and reviewed. Thank you so much, happy reading!
The party was going great, all of us were having a great time, Nick was in the pool with Alexis as AJ was cooking on the grill. I looked over at the pool at Nick and Alexis, he was so good with her. And she was really getting attached. I got up and made my way over to them, kneeling by the side of the pool. Nick swam over to me and leaned on the side still keeping an eye on Alexis in her float.

"Why don't you join us?"

"It's cold."

"It's not cold your just chicken." He said giving me a grin

"I am not."

"Then come on." He said tugging on my arm causing me to fall in with a big splash

I came up for air looking at Nick, who had the biggest smile on his face.

"You think thats funny?" I asked swimming over to him as he burst out laughing

"No." He said trying to hold it in

"Oh yeah...?" I teased getting closer to him dunking him "Hows that for funny?" I said laughing when he came up and started swimming towards me as I swam away, but he caught my foot and spun me around

"Where are you going?"

"Away from you." I said playfully

"Nope I'm not letting you go." He said pulling me close to him "And I never will."

I smiled he was really too sweet. "You mean that?"

"Of course I mean it, let's kiss on it." He said leaning into kiss me

I laughed the whole time feeling a bit embarassed. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we kissed.

The next thing we knew we felt water being squirted on us, we both looked over to see Aaron with a water gun just aiming it at no one in particular. I pulled away from Nick and covered my face.

"Aaron you dork, give me that."

"No way I'm having too much fun." He said still squirting me, as I was laughing Nick got out and grabbed Aaron throwing him in the pool water gun and all

"Now knock it off." Nick said playfully coming over to me helping me out of the pool. He grabbed a towel and handed it to me.

"Thanks Nick."

"Anytime." He said pulling me close kissing my nose

"Ok love birds time to eat!" AJ shouted as Nick and I broke apart

Nick and I made our plates and sat down at the patio table, Brian was now holding Alexis bouncing her on his lap with Baylee watching.

"So Deanna..." Leighanne said sitting down with Nick and me "How long are you staying with Nick?"

"Just for the week, then I have to go back home."

"Oh ok, do you work?"

"Yeah but it's mainly from home, my ex-husband didn't want me to work so I never had to." I said looking down at my plate

"Dee you ok?"

"Yes Nick I'm fine." I said looking up at him

"What's wrong?"

"Alexis's father called before I left to come down here."

"He did? What did he want?"

"He wanted to see Alexis."

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him no that he wasn't thinking of her when he was seeing that woman he works with and all of a sudden he wants to see her, and he asked me where I was going cause I told him I was leaving. I told him I was going out of town to visit a friend."

"Bastard. He leaves you and Alexis and now he expects you to let him back into her life just like that. He better not let me see him cause I'll give him a piece of my mind." Nick said starting to get a little angry. I put my hand on his arm and he looked at me "I'm sorry Dee he never deserved you, still doesn't."

"I know but now I've got you." I said looking up at him as he tucked his finger under my chin smiling at me

"Yes you do." He said pulling me towards him kissing me softly

"You really care about her don't you Nick?"

"Yes I do."

"So she's the one you were talking about at the awrads show, the one that couldn't be with you?"

"Who else would I be talking about?"

Kevin was standing at the grill with AJ. "Nick seems happy." He said looking over at Nick and me

"Yeah he told me that he cares for her alot."

"Let's just hope he doesn't do somethng stupid to mess this up."

"Kev don't worry if he cares about her as much as he says he does he won't."

The party was winding down and everyone was leaving. I was helping Nick clean up but he put Alexis in my arms and told me to sit down that he would take care of it. I didn't say anything just sat down like he said watching him clean up.

"Nick are you sure you don't want any help?"

"No Dee I'm good really. I can do it."

"Ok if you say so." I said looking down at Alexis who was starting to fall asleep "Looks like someone is tired." I said cradling her standing up "I'm going to put Aleixs to bed I'll see you when you come in."

"Ok I shouldn't be long." He said taking a sip of his beer before picking up the rest of the paper plates sitting on the patio table

I went in the house and put Aleixs in her playpen and covered her up "Goodnight Alexis." I said kneeling down kissing her on the forehead. I stood up closed the door and made my way back downstairs and sat on the couch in the living room. Nick came in shortly after.

"So..." He began sitting down next to me wrapping his arm around me "Did you have fun?"

"Yes I did." I said smiling up at him as one of his dogs ran up and jumped on my lap

"Get down." Nick said trying to scoot him off my lap

"No it's fine, really." I said rubbing his ear "He's cute."

"Do you want him?"

"What?" "I said do you want him? You could take him back with you so you'll have some company when I'm gone."

"Nick you are too sweet." I said kissing him quickly before going back to petting the dog on my lap "What's his name?"

"You name him."

"Ok I think I'll name him Little Nicky, to remind me of you." I said smiling up at him as he smiled back.
Chapter 13 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the late update I've just been busy lately. Here's the new chapter, enjoy!
That week seemed to just fly by and before I knew it I was packing to go home. I didn't really want to, I'd rather stay there with Nick. But we can't always get what we want now can we? I was putting the last of my things in my suitcase when Nick came behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I wish you didn't have to leave."

"Me too but I have to and you'll be going back on tour soon."

"Yeah I know, it's been great having you here."

"Thanks for inviting me." I said turning around to face him

"You and Alexis are welcome here anytime."

"Thanks." I said smiling

"Your taking Little Nicky with you right?"

"Of course I am where is he." I said looking around "Oh I'm sure he's around here somewhere." As if on cue he came running in the room barking. "Hey Little Nicky...," I said picking him up "Are you sure you want me to take him?"

"He's all yours something to remember me by, when I'm not with you."

"How could I forget a sweet guy like you." I said touching his face as he put his hand over mine

"You can't, ok enough talk about you leaving I'm missing you already. Let's go do something before you have to leave."

"Like what?" I asked scratching Little Nicky behind his ear

"I don't know whatever you want just you, me and Alexis."

Nick took me and Alexis out to eat at one of his favorite restaurants. We were seated and we placed our order. I'm guessing Alexis didn't want to be in that seat because she kept trying to climb out.

"Alexis..." Nick said putting her back in "You sit there and be a good girl ok?"

She didn't listen and climbed out again after Nick put her back in.

"Hold on." He said reaching in his pocket pulling out his keys giving them to her "There we go, that should keep her occupied for a while."

Our food came and we started eating. There was a little girl with her mother a couple of tables down from us. She looked down and noticed who it was.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look it's Nick." The little girl said to her mother

"I know baby I see."

"I wanna go say hi." She said getting out of her seat walking to our table before her mother could protest. She got up to our table and tapped Nick on his shoulder. He turned to look at her and smiled.

"Hi Nick." She said with a big smile. She must have only been 11 or 12, the same age as my neice, she was so cute.

"Hello there." He said turning around all the way to face her. She smiled again. "What's your name?"

"Michelle."

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Nick."

"I know." She said giggling "Your my favorite Backstreet Boy."

"Aren't you sweet."

She smiled once again as Nick grabbed a napkin and signed it for her then kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you Nick."

"Your very welcome."

"That was very sweet of you." I said as she walked back to the table to show her mother.

"Like I said the fans make it all worth it."

We finished our meal and headed back to the house. I still had some time before my flight left. We got in the house and I put Alexis in her playpen, and I made my way to the couch sitting next to Nick. I cuddled next to him and fell asleep shortly after. I fell asleep with my head in Nick's lap. I was asleep but I could feel his hand running through my hair. It was so relaxing. I opened my eyes and turned so I was looking up at him.

"Hey." He said looking down at me "Have a good nap?"

"Yeah..." I said sitting up stretching "What time is it?"

"It's almost three."

"What time does your flight leave?"

"Five."

"Oh ok you still have some time left, you wanna lay down for a while longer?"

"Yeah." I said laying back down with my head in Nick's lap "I'm sorry I'm just tired."

"It's ok." He said running his hand through my hair again "It's been a long day."

I woke up and realized what time it was. "Nick, Nick!" I said shaking him

"What? what's wrong?"

"It's six thirty, I missed my flight!"

"It's ok honey." He said holding me in place calming me down "Look why don't you stay here for another week, you really don't have anything to go home to, except Haylee."

"Yeah your right." I said taking a deep breath "Ok I'll stay. I'll call in the morning and book another flight."

"Ok." He said kissing my forehead "Are you hungry? I'm gonna make dinner."

"You don't have to just cause I'm here."

"No it's fine I've cooked before." He said laughing "Although the guys don't think I can."

I followed him as he went in the kitchen. I sat on one of the stools leaning on the counter watching him.
Chapter 14 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
That's right another chapter, hope you enjoy this one. This story is just about finished. :)
Back at my sister's house...

Haylee was home with her mother when the phone rang. She ran to grab it because her mother was busy.

"Hello?"

"Hey girl, how's my favorite neice?"

"Uncle Matt! Hi."

"Listen kiddo, where's your Aunt Dee?"

"She's not here."

"She's not I thought she was coming home today?"

"She was but Nick wanted her to stay longer."

"Oh. Who's Nick?"

"Her boyfriend."

"Boyfriend, huh? Let me talk to your mom."

"Ok." She covered the phone "MOMMY PHONE!"

"Who is it?" She asked as Haylee handed her the phone

"Hello?"

"Hey Autumn, where's Deanna?"

"How should I know I don't keep tabs on her."

"You do know don't you? Haylee said she was at her boyfriends house."

"Yeah so? you expect her to hang on to you and not move on."

"Well no but when she takes my daughter to some guys house I think I have the right to know."

"Your daughter? I can't believe you just said that."

"She is my daughter."

"Bullshit Matt, you didn't want anything to do with her since you left her and Deanna for another woman."

"Are you gonna lecture me about that?"

"Damn right I am, that was fucked up what you did!" She screamed into the phone getting pissed by the second

"Look when she gets back have her call me."

"Yeah whatever..." She said hanging up before he got the chance to get another word in "What an asshole..." She muttered under her breath

"Mommy whats going on?" Haylee asked coming into the room

"Nothing honey Uncle Matt just made mommy mad that's all."

"Oh ok, did Aunt Dee say when she was coming home?"

"No she didn't, but I'm sure she'll call you."

The next day I called the airline and made my flight for a week later. I never wanted to leave in the first place and Nick knew it. Nick was in his studio working on some things, and I was in the living room with Alexis. My cell rang and I reached to answer it. I flipped it open and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey sis, hows Florida?"

"Oh hey Aut, Florida is great."

"That's good hey listen I have something to tell you."

"What?"

"Matt called here yesterday for you."

"What did he want?"
"He wanted to know why you weren't home and where you were."

"Did you tell him?"

"No it's none of his business where you are, I told him that I don't keep tabs on you."

"Thanks."

"But..."

"But...?"

"Haylee kind of slipped and told him about Nick. He got all pissed that you took Alexis with you to another mans house."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah you should have heard him."

"I can just imagine."

"So did he say anything else?"

"Not really just that he wanted to see his daughter."

"His daughter? You have got to be kidding."

"No I'm not, I brought up the fact that he gave her rights over to you that he didn't want anything to do with her."

"Yeah he did, his bitch ass girlfriend probably told him to see about Alexis."

"Probably, I just wanted to call and let you know."

"Thanks I appreciate it."

"So how's Blondie?"

"Oh he's great."

"Uh huh I bet he is."

"Autumn!"

"What, now don't tell me that you haven't done the nasty with him."

"No I haven't, I'm not quite ready for that yet."

"Uh huh and how long till your ready. You know he's got a reputation for that."

"Yes I know thanks for the reminder. Not for a while and he hasen't pressured me about it, so I'm guessing it's not bothering him."

"Who knows, look I gotta go. Gotta pick up Haylee from school talk to you soon."

"Ok bye and tell Haylee I said hi."

"I will, bye sis."

Nick came out of his studio after I ended my call. He walked down the hall to the top of the stairs. He saw Alexis, she looked up at him and smiled starting to crawl her way up. Nick got down to where she was and picked her up.

"Hey you." He said tickling her as she laughed

"Ok Nick I can hear you."

"Really now?" He asked coming down all the way

"Yeah well I heard Alexis."

"Who was that?" Nick asked sitting next to me with Alexis on his lap

"Just my sister."

"Is it something bad?"

"No Matt called the house looking for me."

"He did? What did he want?"

"He wants to see Alexis, but I don't want him to" I said taking Alexis from him

"Then don't."

"Why did he change his mind all of a sudden, she doesn't even know who he is. Your the only thing close to a father she has."

He smiled putting his hand on my back smoothing my hair. Nick was the only father figure in her life and I was hoping it would stay that way.

Nick leaned in and kissed me as I deepened the kiss the house phone rang. He pulled away touching my face.

"Hold that thought." I just smiled as he got up to answer the phone.

"Hey Frick, whats up?"

"Nothing much. Leighanne was wondering if Deanna wanted to go shopping. That way we could hang out and the kids can have a play date."

"Hold on let me ask her." He said pulling the phone away from his ear

"Baby?"

"Yeah?"

"Leighanne wanted to know if you wanted to go shopping with her?"

"Sure I'd love to, sounds like fun."

Nick brought his ear back to the phone "She said she'd love to."

"Great so see you in a few Frack."

"Ok see you then."

Nick hung up and came back in the living room and took Alexis off of my lap and carried her to her playpen, putting her in it. He came back and sat down next to me. He curled his finger under my chin kissing me softly as I brought my hands to his face. I stood up not breaking the kiss and climbed on his lap as he wrapped his arms around my waist. We sat there kissing in the heat of the moment until we heard laughter behind us. Nick never made Brian knock he always had a key to the house. We both looked back and saw Brian holding Baylee with Leighanne standing next to him.

"Did we interrupt something?" Brian asked putting Baylee down

"Nope." Nick said tightening his hold "Just a kiss."

"Uh huh..."

I laughed burying my face in Nick's neck, from the look on brian's face it didn't look like he believed us.

"Don't worry Deanna we've walked into much worst, like this one time when we..."

Leighanne nudged him "Brian I'm sure Deanna does not wanna hear about Nick's past girlfriends."

"Your right sorry honey, it was funny at the time."

"Yes it was, so Deanna we're going shopping right?"

"Yeah." I turned back to Nick kissing him and got off his lap

"Come on Dee let's let the boys play."

"Hold on a minute." Nick said reaching into his pocket pulling out his wallet taking out a card handing it to me "Here."

"What's this?" I asked looking down at the credit card he had given me

"Nick I..."

"No." He said standing up so he was in front of me "Dee you go and buy yourself something nice ok?"

"You better take his offer he never gave out his card to his exs." I let Leighanne drag me out of the house leaving the boys alone.
Chapter 15 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
I am SO sorry for the lateness of this chapter things have been pretty hectic here. Between working and wedding planning I really don't have time to get on here often. So here's the next chapter, enjoy! :)
Leighanne and I hit all the big stores, picking up this and that. She found a really cute nightie that she bought just for Brian. She tried to get me to buy one for Nick but I wouldn't.

"Why not Dee?"

"Because Leigh, me and Nick aren't that serious."

"Uh huh sure your not, your with Nick Carter honey."

"I know but Nick and I haven't...you know yet."

"Wait a minute so your telling me that you and Nick haven't done the nasty yet?"

"Nope not yet and not any time soon."

"Why not?" She asked picking another nightie off the rack holding it up to me

"I don't know we just haven't and Nick hasen't brought it up so it must not be that big of a deal. And we haven't known each other that long."

"That never stopped him before."

"Please don't bring up the exes I so do not wanna hear about them."

"Ok..." She said looking at the nightie again before putting it back on the rack "At least buy something, he did say to treat yourself."

"I'm not spending his money, I have my own."

"Ok suit yourself." She said as we made our way to the checkout. The lady rang us up and we were out the door moments later.

Leighanne and I walked in the house to see Brian sitting on the couch with Baylee on his lap watching Nick as he crawled on the floor.

"Nick what are you..."

He cut me off putting his finger to his lips "Shhh..."

"What's going on?"

"He's playing with Alexis."

I just stood there for a minute then closed the door as Leighanne came in putting her bags down. Brian watched her as she sat down "So..." He said leaning forward trying to look in the bags on the floor

"Nuh uh." She teased closing the bags so he couldn't see

"But baby I only wanted to see what you bought."

"Oh you will..." She leaned in and whispered in his ear "Later."

"Oh...heh heh..." He smiled knowing exactly what she had in mind. Then we heard laughter, loud laughter.

"Gotcha!"

I heard Nick yell as he pulled Alexis to him tickling her. She was laughing so hard that her face turned red. I walked over to them and looked down at Alexis.

"Did Nick get you?" As I leaned over her I felt a hand on my arm pulling me down. I landed on top of Nick as he burst out laughing.

"Nope cause now I got you." He wrapped his arms around my waist smiling up at me.

He sat up a little and kissed me as my hands went to his face pushing him back down on the floor. We lay there kissing forgetting about the other couple in the room.

"Ok we know when were not wanted." Brian said playfully standing up holding Baylee. I pulled away from Nick and stood up

"No stay for a while."

"Can't, Leigh and I got plans.." he said giving her a devilish smile

"We sure do honey let's go." She said flinging her bags over her shoulder as Brian trailed behind her still holding Baylee.

"Bye..." Baylee waved looking over his father's shoulder

"Bye Bay-Bay." I said waving back as Nick came up behind me as the door closed.

"So, what did you buy?"

"Nothing."

"I told you to buy yourself something nice."

"I can't spend your money Nick it makes me feel like your trying to buy me, and I don't like that feeling."

"Let me guess...Matt?"

"Yeah, whenever he would do something wrong he would try and make it up to me by buying me something."

"I'm sorry I didn't know." He said hugging me

"It's ok, I didn't tell you."

"It's ok honey." He said bringing his hand to my face. I closed my eyes at the feeling, god this was nice. We were knocked out of our moment by my cell ringing

"Better get this.." I said pulling it out of my purse not looking at the number "Hello?"

"Deanna I need to talk to you."

"Matt?"

Nick walked to me as soon as I said that I put my hand up to say hold on "What do you want?"

"I wanna know where you took my daughter."

"That's none of your business."

"None of my business? I think it is my business when you take my daughter to god knows where and don't tell me."

"We're not together anymore so why should I?"

Nick could tell I was getting mad and he didn't want Matt getting me all worked up. He grabbed the phone out of my hand before I could stop him.

"Hello? Matt?"

"Yeah who the hell is this?"

"This is Deanna's boyfriend and if you know whats best for you I suggest you stop calling her and leave her alone."

"And who are you to tell me what to do?"

"I could be your worst nightmare if I have to, I have connections and if you mess with her then you mess with me."

"Bullshit, connections my ass."

"Look remember what I said, I'm not joking. Leave her and Alexis alone."

"Wait how do you know my daughter? Shes there isn't she?"

I shook my head no waving my hands in front of my face. I didn't want him to know that she was there.

"Yeah so what if she is?"

"Look I don't know who you are but..."

Nick hung up the phone and put it on the table.

"Nick why did you do that? Now he's gonna come here looking for her."

"Dee relax he doesn't know where I live."

"He may not now but he can find out, he's a lawyer Nick and a damn good one too. He'll track you down."

"Dee..." He said walking to me, he put his hands on each of my arms holding me in place "He's not going to do anything. I won't let him."

"Promise?"

"I Promise, come here..." He said pulling me into his warm embrace. I loved his hugs. I snuggled into his embrace a little more inhaling his scent, Gravity.

"Mmm..." I mumbled

"What was that?"

"Nothing you just smell good." I simply looked up at him smiling.
Chapter 16 by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Next to the last chapter on this one. And before you ask, yes there is a sequel but it's still in the works. I will start posting it once this one is finished. Enjoy. :)
Just as I said Matt tracked Nick down and headed to Tampa. He was a little pissed to find out I was with somebody else.

"So pretty boy thinks he can just take my daughter from me?" He muttered to himself as his hands grip the steering wheel "Well he's got another thing coming."

Meanwhile back in Tampa Nick and I had no idea that he was coming. It was a beautiful day so we decided to take advantage of it. We packed a picnic basket, and all three of us headed to the beach. The same beach Nick took us when we first got here. It was so peaceful.

"Haylee would love this," I said as Nick lay the blanket down on the sand

"I told you she's welcome here anytime." He said sitting down with Alexis, he pulled me down to sit with him

"I know." I said sitting next to him

"Come here..." He said holding out his hand as I scooted closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me as I leaned into him.

"Comfy?"

I turned and looked at him "Very."

I brought my hand to his head pulling him down kissing him. My hand massaged his hair as he tightened his hold. He broke the kiss pushing my hair aside kissing my neck
"Nick..."

We hadn't noticed that Alexis had crawled into my lap until she pulled herself up holding onto my shirt "Hey baby..." I said looking down at her which made Nick stop what he was doing "Mommy's sorry honey blame Nick." I said laughing as she smiled at him.

We had lunch and headed back to the house. When we got there there was a car parked in the driveway, as we got closer I froze up. He looked over at me and took my hand in his.

"He's here."

"Who's here...?" Nick stopped himself when he saw a man sitting on his porch "You weren't kidding." He said as we pulled into the driveway. Matt stood up and walked towards the car.

"Nick do something."

"Just go into the house." He said giving me the key "I'll take care of him." He kissed me on the cheek and got out of the car

Matt looked at the man walking towards him. 'This must be pretty boy' he thought to himself as Nick got closer to him

"The fuck are you doing here?" Nick said crossing his arms over his chest as I got out of the car with Alexis

"I came here to see my daughter." He looked past Nick and saw me with Alexis "Hey baby come to Daddy." He said walking towards me as I hurried to the house "At least let me hold her."

"No...stay away from me." I said backing up towards the front door

Nick put his hand on his arm stopping him from coming near me "You heard her now go."

"Oh you must be the pretty boy."

"Who you calling pretty boy? I have a name it's Nick." He said gripping his arm tighter

"Damn you got a grip." He said trying to break away from him

"Oh you aren't going anywhere."

"You must have a lot of money to be living out here, what do you do Nick?"

"That's none of your business." Nick said starting to get mad that he wouldn't leave. I went into the house and put Alexis in her playpen, I went back to the door and stood there watching Nick and Matt. I was hoping this wasn't going to get ugly but from the looks of it, it was.

"Oh you won't tell me huh? You must be a drug dealer then."

"What? I don't do that shit!" Nick yelled getting pissed by the second. I closed the door and walked towards Nick.

"Nick let him go he's not worth it." I looked him up and down as I said it and Nick let go of his arm

"Why are you protecting him?"

"I have nothing to protect him from he has bodyguards for that."

"Bodyguards? Him? The fuck does he need them for?"

"It comes with the job."

"And what job would that be pretty boy?"

"I don't think that's any of your damn business, and don't call me pretty boy. It's Nick, you got it?"

"Ok fine whatever you say Nick." He said putting his hands up in defeat walking backwards towards his car

"Come near here again and I'll put a restraining order on your ass!" Nick shouted at him wrapping his arm around me helping me back to the house. He got in his car and drove off as Nick and I went inside.
Epilouge by nickslilmami
Author's Notes:
Sadly this is the end. I wanna thank the few people who followed this story and gave reviews, it is very much appreciated. The sequel will be up soon. See ya'll soon! :)

Quick Note: I'd also like to thank a good friend of mine kevinschickadee for helping me with this story, it never would have gotten finished without her. So thanks girl!
I closed the door and rested my hand against it looking down "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Standing up to Matt for me I never could have done that."

"Well I have to protect you, your my girl right?"

I turned around to be met with those gorgeous blue eyes of his. I knew I was falling for him and hard. He made me feel special, wanted, loved. Something Matt had never done, to him I was just the trophy wife and I didn't want to be that anymore.

Matt didn't show up again, Nick made it perfectly clear that if Matt messed with me then he messed with him. Now this I could get used to. He walked to me and embraced me as I snuggled against him. I snuggled further into his embrace forgetting all about Matt.

Nick thought that Matt had really taken his message to stay away. But little did Nick and I know that he would be back, and causing even more trouble. When Matt got home he called his lawyer, he wanted Alexis. Why I have no idea. I'm guessing he didn't want her around Nick whatever the case Nick was a way better father to her than he ever was. And I was going to see that he never got her. Cause Nick has lawyers too, damn good ones. If he comes and starts trouble we'll win this. Nick loves me and will do anything to protect me and Alexis.

"Babe...?" Nick said knocking me out of my thoughts

"Hmm?"

"You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine was just thinking."

"About what?"

"What if Matt comes back and starts more trouble? I don't want you getting in the middle of it."

"Don't worry about him, I know people that can take care of him if he becomes a problem ok?"

"Ok." I smiled at him "I won't worry about it."

~*~*~*~*~*~

"So Steve you think I can win this?" Matt asked sitting back in the chair as he watched his lawyer scan over the papers.

"I honestly don't know...this boyfriend of hers seems to have some of the best lawyers in the state. There might be a good chance you won't."

The hell? What the hell did that boy do?! Matt just couldn't figure it out. "How is that possible? I'm one of the most respected lawyers in the state, you know that. For all we know he could be some kind of drug dealer and I don't want that around my kid."

Steve sighed and took his glasses off rubbing his eyes. He knew the deal with Matt and his ex-wife. "Look...you have to look at the real facts here, Matt...This case isn't all fuckin' hunky dory, and I think you know that."

Matt sighed heavily he had to win this, he had to get Deanna and Aelxis back no matter what it took. Steve looked over the papers once more, then looked up at Matt.

"Even though you are a 'respected lawyer', respect in the courtroom doesn't mean a goddamn thing. I'm sure that you had to kiss so much ass to get to where you are today."

Matt sneered at the man when it came to matters reguarding his marriage Steve always took HER side. She wasn't the victim here he was and that goddamn pretty boy was gonna pay. He sat back in the chair thinking over everything Steve told him, this wasn't going to be as easy as he thought. But he didn't care whatever it takes to get his wife and daughter back.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9479