Only on Valentine's Day by scarlett
Summary: Spending Valentine's day is more than she asked for.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie, Nick
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1412 Read: 899 Published: 02/13/09 Updated: 02/13/09
Story Notes:
This is a story challenge 2 years ago that I wrote for the Mature BSB Fan Club. I thought of sharing this with you ... Enjoy! ;)

1. Short Story by scarlett

Short Story by scarlett

 

 

 

Basically, it's hard to go around a place that's entirely foreign to me. I just came to the US a week ago. I went here by invitation from my godfather who's working as a successful real estate agent in Los Angeles. I've expressed my interest to work abroad and he's the first person who offered help. I've been a college graduate for almost four years now but it seems like I still don't know what is the type of work that will really make me happy and contented. I guess that's the part of the personality of a person being born on the day of summer solstice. Sometimes, I just really don't know where to focus my priorities.

So, anyway, my godfather's daughter, Daphne, was excited when I received my first invitation for a job interview in downtown as a travel counselor. It was scheduled in the afternoon and she decided to tour me around the area after that. It's nice to be in a different place and to experience a new kind of culture. Being a travel professional, I was always fascinated with every place I've gone to. And I was so glad that I landed on the job with a good pay that will be enough as a start of my career and life here in the US. I got accepted and I'll be starting next week.

After the interview, Daphne picked me up and decided to treat me for snack in some place for a celebration. And besides, it's a Valentine's Day and it happens that we're both single. We ended up in this nice place that serves Italian. We both like pasta and the variety of it overwhelmed us when we get to choose what to eat. The place is packed and I'm lucky to find a group that's about to leave a booth. I immediately marked our territory just in time that some man also sat on the other side of the table to mark the place. I frowned and I got nervous. For a foreigner like me, I'm still not used to deal around these people.

"Excuse me, sir. I got here first." I politely told the man. He's wearing a cap. He's a big man. Daphne, come here please, I silently prayed. I don't know how to deal with this man.

The man looked at me and he literally made me held my breath. Nick Carter. I like this guy. I mean, I've been a Backstreet Boys fan since high school. And part of my agenda of coming to LA was also to have the chance to see them. I hope that this is the lucky day.

"I got here, too." He said with a smile.

He should know better not to use that smile on me. If I give in, I am going to give up the booth and will look for another one which is very impossible at this moment. "Uh, maybe we can share the table instead, Sir." I tried to compromise.

"Sir?" Nick laughed. "Don't call me that. See?" He showed me his arm. "I got goosebumps." He looked around. "Where's your friend, by the way?"

"She's wearing blue, talking with a man..." I replied. "Can we just share the table? We need to eat because I just came from this job interview and it's been really an exhausting day."

Nick nodded. He looked at someone then nodded. "No problem. So, how's your interview?"

Is he really like this? Making some idle chat with a stranger? I thought. "Great. I got in." I smiled. "What's your name, by the way?" I asked, trying to feign innocence on who is he. Strategy, Cris. Keep the ball to yourself and get to know Nick better, I smiled at that thought.

"Congratulations. I'm Nick. And you?"

"Crislyn."

"Cristin?"

Why do some people always mistook my name into Cristin? It wasn't that hard to hear the right word. "It's LYN. Crislyn. Are you a resident here?" I gave him this innocent smile.

Nick grinned. "Yeah. I live here, just somewhere nearby. Me and my friends just dropped by here to get something to eat. It's Valentine's and we don't have dates. We decided to just hang around. How about you? Don't you have someplace to go? It's Valentine's. Don't you have a date?"

"I don't have any. Besides, I just came here in LA. I'm still trying to know my way around."

"Really? That's great." Nick cleared his throat. "Listen, it would be fun if you come with us tonight. The more, the merrier. My friend is having a party at his place and it will be great if you meet other people. It will help you have a good time on your stay here in LA."

I have this urge to say yes immediately but, common sense tells me... "I just knew you, Nick. I hope that you don't mind if I'm just being careful. I don't know you or any of your friends. I'm just new in this city."

Nick thought for a moment. "I guess, you're right. I can't blame you on that." He smiled again. Does he always smile? From the last time I saw him in a concert in our country, he barely smiled. The Nick Carter in front of me is a different person. Maybe, this is the real him. Friendly and seemed approachable. I admit that I felt comfortable in just minutes of sitting there while waiting for Daphne. Where's that girl, by the way?

"Is she your friend?" Nick asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned and saw Daphne walking towards us. A man is walking behind her and my eyes grew wide to realize who it is. AJ?

"Daphne is the daughter of my godfather, of whom where I am staying right now."

"She's my friend!" Nick exclaimed with a wider smile.

I saw Daphne gave me a wide smile. "I've told AJ about you and they're inviting us for a party tonight at his place. By the way, this is AJ and that's Nick, my friends."

"Uh, you know them?" I am still in shock. AJ extended his hand.

"Congratulations on your new job. And welcome to LA."

I smiled shyly and shake his hand. I turned to Nick, who's now grinning. He takes off his cap. "Now, you have a reason to come over the party. We'll celebrate your new job and we'll introduce you to our friends." He stood up. "Bye, Crislyn. It's nice meeting you. See you later, okay? No excuses."

"Okay. Uh, later..." I replied. The two Backstreet Boys turned to leave. I noticed that AJ is holding three boxes of take-out food on the other hand. I watched them go towards a car where a guy is standing and must have been waiting for them in a long time. Howie. I turned to Daphne who now occupies the seat where Nick used to sit earlier. "How did you know them?" I asked her.

"In some non-profit organization. They were silent sponsors and I represent them. Great guys. AJ also took Dad's services once when he decided to sell his Malibu house before. Don't you know them? They're part of the Backstreet Boys." Daphne said as a waiter serves us our pasta and drinks. "Well, it's no wonder if they don't tell you who they are. They don't show off the fact that they're actually celebrities. I love them for that. Very down-to-earth guys."

"Daphne, you never know how much I've known those guys in a long time." I laughed. I began to drink my juice. What a great way to start my life and career in LA. I have a kind godfather who also has a nice daughter who's more than willing to help me make a start in this foreign country. I've got a job that I'm looking forward to be doing. And I met two of my most favorite people in the world. Isn't it great? And it all happened on Valentine's Day.



THE END

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9579