A Strange Attraction by ResaD
Summary: Howie and Theresa just couldn't stand each other, so it was a shock, to say the least, when they woke up from a killer headache to find themselves married...to each other! Find out what happens down this road!
_______________________________________________________


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 6082 Read: 6626 Published: 02/25/09 Updated: 02/26/09

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

4. Chapter 4 by ResaD

5. Chapter 5 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
CHAPTER 1
“Married! Married? Me, married to him! But, we don’t like each other! He’s a liar, a jerk, a…a…”

“Go on.”

“The other things I have to say, I can’t.” I huffed out. Frustrated, annoyed, fuck, even really pissed off was my only feelings right now.

“Well, you have to stay together for at least six months before you can even file for divorce.” I gasped at my best friend.

“You have to be kidding. I can not live with that conceited jack ass for no six months.”

“Resa, why did you marry him in the first place?”

“I have no clue. I wasn’t drinking yesterday Kathy.” She only shrugged her shoulders. “Six months of living with Howie Dorough?”

“Yes. Rules we have in France.” I just glared at her. “Your choice to get married here.”

“Yes, but it was your birthday party that I was celebrating.”

“Sorry, no more parties.” I sighed and shook my head.

“It’s not your fault and I know that. But, it’s just the thought. I don’t like him Kathy.”

“You know what Resa, just give it some time. As it goes, he starts touring here shortly.” I smiled.

“You’re right. And he’ll be gone for a large portion of time.”

“So, all is good.”

-----
“AJ, why the fuck do I have this band on my finger?” AJ glanced at the wedding band that was now so nicely placed on his friend’s finger and a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth.

“Because you’re married.”

“To whom?”

“Resa. Don’t you remember?” His eyes opened wide. “I take that as a no.”

“I woke up with a killer headache, but no memory of what happened.”

“You didn’t drink at Kathy’s party?”

“No.” AJ just shrugged. “I can get a divorce.”

“No. Not if you were married here.”

“What in the world do you mean?”

“People would get married for the hell of it and with in months would divorce. So, they passed a law that stated you weren’t allowed to get a divorce until after six months. They figured if you could stay together for six months, you could make a marriage work. So, with that law passed, more marriages worked out.”

“Than when I go back home I can get a divorce.”

“No.” Howie just rolled his eyes, his frustrating
building.

“Do you realize how much I despise that woman. The way her sweet voice rakes my nerves, the way her smile is always so handy, the way she walks into the room, her all mighty head held high. Oh, and above all, I loath her personality.” AJ had to laugh to himself, knowing this plan had to work otherwise he was screwed. His girlfriend, Kathy of course, and himself had come up with a simple idea. A simple idea that had to work!

“Are you so sure you hate her?”

“Oh, hell yes. I just, ugh, she makes me so angry. Always claiming she’s right, never thinking to ask for help. Fuck AJ, the list can go on.”

“Sorry man, don’t have the time to hear.” Howie got up from the table and raked his fingers through his hair that was now short.

“I don’t get it. Why would we get married if we don’t like each other?” AJ just shrugged his shoulders, yet his mind just congratulating him on this goal.

-----
15 minutes, I had to stay with this man for another 15 minutes! We had barely been together for ten and I wanted to kill him. I truly can not recall why the hell I would marry someone like him. His eyes bore into mine and I was clenching my fists. Now, the good part, how was I to explain this to the world? My fans are well aware that I printed enough stories and articles to prove my dislike for Howard. Yet, never truly making him look so bad in the public eye. He sighed and my eyes looked him over. BORING! ANNOYING! ASSHOLE! The words that came to mind when I looked him over. He never changed, and never would. Truly never would. Never wanted to get married, never wanted kids. How can two people so different, get married? I shook my head, my leg slightly swaying.

“Look, Resa…” My eyes bore into his.

“Do not call me that name. You do not have that right.”

“I think I do, seeing how I’m your husband.”

“But not by my consent damn it.” I sighed, my anger boiling.

“Nor mine. Yet, we don’t have a choice. It’s six months till we can file for divorce.”

“Which that means in those six months, you stay the fuck away from me!”

“That’s going to be hard to explain to them, isn’t it?” he asked, pointing to the press who were waiting for a statement from the two of us. “Look, we have to bear with each other and I will not be the laughing stock.”

“Like I choose to be?”

“I’m sure you don’t Theresa. We have to deal with each other and after much thought,” I rolled my eyes, “I figured we would show up in public when the time calls for it. My award shows, concerts, little other shit.”

“Excuse me Howard, have you forgotten that I can not possibly be by your side? I have my own magazine to run and to edit. I’m the one who reports, not the one who hangs on arms.”

“For a couple nights, I’m sure everything will be fine. Look, we have to make this work for them, it’s not truly up to us. Unless you want them to be right, and seeing how you hate most of the press people, I would say you’d want to prove them wrong.” Put in that light, I had no choice but to agree to go along with this little joke. That’s what it was, just a fuckin’ joke on the two of us. I sighed and nodded my head. And than, as an afterthought, something bounced in my mind. The fact that Howie knew something so personal about me.

“You’re right. Of course, I would love nothing more than that.” Without realizing it, I flashed a smile at him. “Shall we Mr. Dorough?”

“Of course Mrs. Dorough.” His hand reached out for mine and lifted me up. ‘Resa Dorough’ my mind thought. It tumbled around in my mind and I smiled. It sounded completely nice. I shook my head, not understanding where the fuck that I idea that came from. We were being civil, the most important thing in order to survive this thing, this relationship.

-----
“Back home!” I yelled as we stepped off the plane. Just four days ago, I was married. In those four days, I saw Howie only once. That was rather nice on both ends I’m sure.

“Shh, don’t attract attention to yourself,” Howie said.

“I’m sure it won’t be me. After all, you’re the Backstreet Boy.”

“It must eat you up that I make more money than you do.” I shrugged my shoulder.

“I don’t care how much you make, actually.”

“Than it gets to you that our name made your magazine.” That crossed the line and he damn well knew it. I turned around and glared at him.

“It was my fuckin’ hard work that got me my name. Not the Backstreet Boys. Or, did you forget that before you, I had plenty of hit stars come out?”

“No, but it wasn’t a big seller till you printed us in there. Face it, ICE Magazine was not all that.”

“Do you realize that if we weren’t in this airport, I would fuckin’ slap you and enjoy it to no degree?”

“I figured.” He took my elbow and planted a smile on this face. “But seeing how we’re married and already people are looking as us, you must contain that urge. Put a smile on, pretend you’re happy to be back home.” I wrapped my arm around his waist, loathing the close touch we were having. Yet, a smile was on my face and I kept my head down. Once we reached the awaiting limousine, Howie told it to take us to his house.

“Oh, no, I have things at my house.” He sighed and just quickly glanced at me.

“Theresa, in order to make it work, you have to stay at my house. You do not have to sleep in the same bed however. The press are going to be watching us very closely damn it, or did you forget that they tend to do that.” A red color over took my cheeks. Sure, being the press wasn’t half that bad, but there were numerous people who gave the other reporters a very bad name.

“Not all press people are like that Howie.”

“No, they’re not Resa. You have proven yourself not to be like that.”

“Thank you.” A smile came upon my face, not one that I had to plant there.

“As it goes, I rather enjoy your writing. You always seem to put some new kind of twist on something. Makes things interesting, more fun.” Did he just pay me a compliment?

“Thank you Howie.” A smile was placed on his face and I knew that wasn’t fake either.

“We’re here.” I glanced up at his house. Truly wonderful and okay, maybe staying here wouldn’t be all that bad.
Chapter 2 by ResaD
CHAPTER 2
“WHAT?” In less than one week, I was dealt two blows that totally changed my life. One, I married Howie and no, I can’t get over it. The second, their tour was canceled. Of course, for the life of me, my mind could not grasp that idea nor the reason why.

“Theresa, it’s like I’m totally happy with that either.”

“Well, of course not. That means we have to stay together, we have to go out together. In other words, we’re screwed.” His eyes softened and he started laughing. “What?”

“Nothing.”

“Damn it Dorough, what?”

“Screwed, just sounds good right now!” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“Well, you can look else where to get laid.”

“Well, no I can’t.”

“Why?” He raised his ring finger and flashed it before my eyes. “Like I could forget that!”

“I took the vows.”

“Oh, ugh!” I turned around and stomped upstairs, slamming the door behind me.

-----
One month, just one month we’ve been together! I could feel his eyes on me and yet I wouldn’t turn to look at him. He’s presence had annoyed me and I wasn’t talking to anyone. There was something behind me and him getting married. It just didn’t make sense. I mean, why? We were always fighting, well, for the most part. There were times we got along. Rare though, very rare. I sighed, throwing the calendar on the table and looked at D.

“Yes?”

“Do you know how cute you are when your upset?”

“This is not funny. We’ve been married for a month.”

“Never thought I would picture my married life quite like this.”

“You had planned on getting married?”

“Oh, of course. Just the timing. I was always busy and when I get married, I want to be able to spend time with my wife. Not this see you in three months bit. It doesn’t make me happy. And I don’t think I could do that to my kids.”

“You want kids?”

“Of course. I adore kids.” I glanced at my wedding band, finding my self playing with it. “Why?”

“Just had you pegged wrong. Didn’t think you ever wanted to get married. Thought you enjoyed those women falling at your feet.”

“Sure. I am a man, I won’t deny it. But I want the married life more than anything. And you? Didn’t think an Ice Queen could get married.” My spine stiffened and I sat straighter. ‘Ice Queen huh? So, he did peg me as a bitch.’

“No, I do want marriage, kids, the whole lot. But, finding time, it’s hard. Finding the right person is even harder.”

“Looking for the soul mate?”

“Nah, just someone who respects me, who can make me laugh, make me smile, and stop the tears from flowing.”

“You want the perfect man.” I laughed and shook my head.

“There’s no such thing.” I stood up and walked over to the stove, turning it on.

“There is a such thing. Just like your soul mate, but you have to believe.”

“I don’t. I once did, but it burned me and I lost that sight. What would you like for dinner?” He softly touched my arm, turning me around and we locked eyes.

“You can’t lose sight of that Resa. Your soul mate is out there, you have to believe it.” His hand cupped my cheek and his soft brown eyes dropped down to my lips. He wanted to kiss me! But, but, but, but, he couldn’t. We were not supposed to want this, at all. His lips softly brushed mine. Ah, not so bad. His hand ran through my hair, his hand cupping my head and pulling me against him. Oh good Lord! His lips were softly upon mine and I sighed. His hand slid themselves around my waist and my arms wrapped themselves around his neck. His lips became urgent, his tongue seeking out mine. ‘No, this can’t not…oh, but you don’t…no,’ my mind was going back and forth, not knowing what it wanted to do. Our tongues caressed each other, our bodies straining to touch each other. Never before had a man’s kiss done that to me, burned me in such a fashion. And slowly, the sound of a bell was ringing through our ears. ‘No, go away, please go away’ my mind screamed at them, yet it didn’t heed my mind. The ringing still going. Howie pulled away and caught his breath. “I see the Ice Queen can burn others.” I narrowed my eyes, the passion lost between us. I stomped toward the door, opening it to find AJ and Kathy there.

“Everything okay?” Kathy asked.

“Of course, Ice Queen is doing wonderful while dip shit, is being dip shit.”

-----
“She’s getting to you? In what way?”

“Well, the things I pictured about her are wrong. She’s not the Ice Queen I took her as. She’s smart, funny, and quite the charmer.”

“D, are you actually liking this woman?”

“No AJ. But it’s nice being her friend.”

“Let me tell you something D. Theresa, she’s been hurt plenty of times by men. If she was an Ice Queen, that’s why.”

“No, she’s just an all around bitch.”

“D!”

“I mean that in the good light.” Howie laughed and took a sip of his beer.

“So, can I ask you a personal question?”

“What?”

“You slept with her?” Howie stopped his drink midway and looked at his friend.

“Blunt, aren’t ya? No, I haven’t. God, we can hardly be in the same room and not fight. We just kissed the first time just a few days ago.”

“What, a woman is actually resisting the Dorough charm?” Howie thought about it and smiled.

“Yeah, I suppose so.” Howie laughed and they talked some more about other things.

-----
“You kissed him?”

“Yes Kathy.”

“And you enjoyed it?” I sighed.

“Yes Kathy.”

“And yet you haven’t slept with him?”

“No Kathy. He’s still rather annoying.”

“But not repulsive?”

“He was never repulsive. He was, okay.”

“You know most girls tend to find him rather handsome.”

“Most girls do not know him.”

“And you do?”

“I’ve been married to him for a little over a month.”

“And you just stated you hardly talk to him. So, you can not possibly know the true Howie.”

“I do. Damn it, he’s not the sweet one that everyone proclaims him to be.”

“Yes he is. You just refuse to see that. But you know what, that’s your choice. You were given a gift, use it.” My eyes narrowed at her.

“Why are you in such favor of us getting married?”

“No reason. Just think he’s prefect for you.” She stood up, saying our lunch date was over. I followed her and once we bid goodbye, I drove to Howie’s house.
Chapter 3 by ResaD
CHAPTER 3
I tossed on my side, yet the dream came back. I rolled onto my back, praying this dream would end, yet it didn’t. I awoke with a start, a scream escaping from my lips. I let my eyes adjust to the dark and heard my bedroom door open.

“Resa?” I placed D’s voice and saw him moving to the bed. “You okay?” I took a couple deep breaths still that damn dream haunting me.

“I just, this man, his was running after me, trying to kill me. He knocked me down and tied me up and did….did…” I trailed off as tears started running down my face.

“Shh baby girl, I’m here, no one is going to hurt you. I promise. It’s a vow I took. No one will harm you.” He rubbed my back, hushing the sniffles away and rubbing the tears gone. I stayed like that long after the last tear was shed. He held me so carefully.

“Please stay with me tonight?” He only nodded his head and got under the covers. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and pulled my back against his chest. I laid there, hearing his soft breathing knowing he wasn’t asleep quite yet. My mind kept going over the words he said. He spoke so sweet, even called me baby girl. Maybe he was still half asleep. I turned in his arms and he held me tighter.

“Please, don’t move. I love just holding you.”

“I just wanted to turn around.” He let me go a little and I turned on my other side, smiling at me. “Much better.”

“Why do you say that?” I ran my fingers down his cheek and smiled.

“Cause I like this face.” I pressed my lips softly against his cheek.

“Really now? Don’t find me repulsive?” I smiled at him.

“I don’t think I really ever did.”

“But you didn’t find me handsome?”

“I didn’t like your personality.”

“How can you not like the Sweet D?”

“I suppose I never thought you were that. After our first meeting, I truly hated you. Made it my up most effort to be a bitch to you.”

“Ahh, so you’re not really the Ice Queen?” I just laughed, my nails running over his arms.

“Sometimes. But, no, mostly not.”

“Oh, we’re getting personal.”

“I’m sorry Howie. I’ve have been nothing but a pain in your ass and there was no reason for me to be one.”

“Yes there was. We hated each other.”

“You really hated me that much?”

“I loathed you and everything about you.” I pulled back from him. “But that doesn’t mean I think that now. Now, I find you to be one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever had the honor to met.” I smiled, not realizing that was the Sweet D charm he was using. His lips softly brushed against mine. His body fit so right against mine and I smiled. Maybe this just might work.

-----
Okay, so I thought for one brief moment we would work! FUCK NO. Not with his big mouth telling everyone we slept together. Just great! Didn’t want the whole fuckin’ world knowing. I sighed, waiting for him to get home. I sat on the couch, my arms crossed of my chest. I heard the key turn and he walked in. I looked at him and he smiled.

“How fuckin’ dare you Howard?” He froze in his tracks and just looked at me. “And wipe that fuckin’ smirk off your face!”

“What did I do?”

“Kathy calls me up today, telling me that she’s surprised I slept with you.”

“So?”

“You fuckin’ told everybody.”

“Well, no, they saw the smirk. Well, I can’t help it. It’s been a while.”

“Fuck you Howard.”

“Didn’t we already do that?” I glared at him and walked out the door, slamming it behind me. “Where you going?”

“OUT!”
Chapter 4 by ResaD
CHAPTER 4
‘What’ my mind screamed at me. There was still a nagging feeling in my mind. The first time he slept with me started the fights all over again. That was three months ago. Three months of nothing but fighting. Granted, we went out to keep appearance, but that was a pure hell. And of course that I was always sick and even more bitchy, just didn’t help. Something was wrong, we both knew it, both sensed it. Yet, neither of us knew what could possibly be up. The fights were always proved that me and him were not meant to be. Sure, we could at least be friends, but truly nothing more. I leaned back in the plush limousine seat, my thoughts on that one man. Even in anger, he could fill my mind. Was it possible to fall in love with someone you hate?

“You gotta wake up Resa.” I glanced at AJ.

“I’m awake.”

“You okay?”

“Just fine. Why do you ask?”

“Because you’re sitting away from Howie. Personally, I think you two make a very lovely couple and would hate to see this marriage fail.” My mind swam with those words. I heard something said that was much like it.

“You don’t want to see us fail? But Alex, don’t you want to see your friend happy?”

“More than anything and I believe you can, and will, make him happy.” Okay, I knew something was going on. I knew, as well, that whatever happened, AJ and Kathy were behind all of this. We stopped and with a deep breath, all of us stepped out. Howie placed his hand on my waist and both of us planted smiles on our face. ‘Just get through tonight, for Howie leaves for three weeks with Pollyanna’ my mind told me. We walked down the red carpet and into our seats, lights flashing and questions being flung at us.

“You okay?” I quickly glanced at Howie.

“Just not feeling good.”

“Sick?”

“Yeah.”

“Maybe you should see a doctor?”

“I have an appointment in two days.”

“I’ll be gone by then. Call me, okay, let me know what he says.”

“Of course D.” He took my hand, our fingers entwining. That was of those rare times we got along.

-----
“You can’t get a divorce.”

“He cheated. Look at the paper.”

“Theresa, Mrs. Dorough, I can not let you get a divorce on those means alone. You, of all people, should know that the press can print false information.”

“Yes, I’m well aware of that. But, usually when you have that kind of name, a big name, you don’t dare print false information.”

“Only when I have a good reason will I help you. It takes quit a bit to break this kind of marriage.” I sighed and rolled my eyes. Four months, wasn’t that long enough!

“Fine, I’ll get your reason. And than I’ll be of this shit.”

“There’s only so many reasons you can come up with. But, the most I would believe is that someone drugged you and neither of you gave consent.” My forehead creased as an idea came to mind. When both Howie and I awoke, we had killer headaches and both of us swore we weren’t drinking the night before. And both of us we can not remember getting married. “What are you thinking about?”

“Is there a drug that can you can take, might knock you out. And when you came to, wouldn’t remember a damn thing and have a killer headache?”

“Yes. Um, I believe, yeah, it’s called a Night Drug.”

“Why Night?”

“I’m not all to sure, but yeah.”

“Is it easy to get a hold of?”

“Yeah. Most stores actually carry it over the counter. The headache is actually just a side effect. But it’s rather very new.”

“That your Mr. Livingston. I swear, I’ll have your proof in no time.”

“Okay Mrs. Dorough, we shall see.” I left the office and sped off in D’s car to AJ”s house. I was not going to be dumb much longer and make my life, D’s or my babies life misserable. I knocked on his door and he slowly opened it.

-----
“How could you AJ?”

“I didn’t mean too.”

“Bull shit Alex. You drugged me and him and than we got married. Why?”

“Because you two are so perfect yet you refuse to see it. For whatever reason you have.”

“You do know that we will not stay married, right?”

“You have to Resa!”

“No AJ. Our marriage is invalid cause we both did not give consent. How could you hurt us?”

“It was to help you.”

“You didn’t help us Alex. You made it worse.”

“Did I? Is that why you’re pregnant? Is that why your face is glowing?”

“I’m not pregnant.”

“Not what you told Kathy!” I stared at him and just about cried. “In the moment of passion, anyone can say anything if asked.”

“You’re cruel.”

“So is Kathy, she was behind it 100 percent.”

“I do not know how I can call you guys best friends. I mean, you betray us like this thinking that it may help, yet it didn’t!” I walked out the door and out to the car.

“Do you love him?” I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly turned around and looked at him. “Do you love him Resa?” I shrugged my shoulder, yet he refused to take that as an answer. “It’s rather simple. Do you love him? Is all the fights because you refuse to love any man after the way Tim hurt you? Is because you don’t want to love him, don’t want him to love you, so you push him away? Again, do you love him?”

“I can not love again, remember. I’m meant to be lonely, to be an Ice Queen. Please Alex, stop asking me that question.”

“You do love him.” I wiped the single tear away.

“But he doesn’t love him. If he did, he would stay true to his vows, regardless if we gave consent or not.”

“Do you know he’s cheating?”

“Yes. I do have proof. More than some stupid newspaper. I have to go.” I drove back to my lawyers and let him hear the tape. Well, most of it. Not the last part. He gasped at me and within half an hour, had the papers written up and ready to sign.
Chapter 5 by ResaD
CHAPTER 5
“What is this bull shit Resa?” I stared at those brown eyes, fighting hard not to lose control.

“It’s divorce papers Howie.”

“I know it is. Why are you doing it?”

“Because we do not want to be married. It’s fake, our marriage is fake. We got drugged that night. Talk to your boy AJ, or his girl Kathy. They did this cause they believe we’re perfect for one another.”

“Do you think that?”

“What I think doesn’t matter. I will not stay in this marriage. Not like this Howie.”

“But, you can not leave me. What about the press?”

“What about them Howie? I am the press, so what about them? They already caught wind of what’s going on. I had a phone call today from the editor of another magazine, asking if she could interview me. So, it’s rather pointless to keep a marriage going, especially since it’s not a real marriage.”

“How is it not real?”

“How? Maybe cause we did not say ‘I Do’ under our own free will. Maybe because we do not love each other.”

“You don’t love me?”

“How can an Ice Queen love anyone?” I saw him stiffen and knew I hit home. I loved him, yet, I wanted him to come to me. If he loved me, like AJ claimed, he would come back to me. But if he didn’t, I was better off on my own, knowing I was meant to be alone. “I have to go. Sign the papers, end it for the both of us Howard, please?” I handed him the pen. He snatched it and signed his name on the line. My heart ached at that site and I could only smile. He glared at me and walked up the stairs, closing the door behind him. I took a shaky breath, knowing I had asked for it, it was my doing that caused this. I walked out the door, closing it behind me and walked out to my car. I took one last look around and drove to my mom’s house.

-----
I sat down in the chair, waiting for the famous people to walk down the red carpet. It was an award show, to be precise, a music award show. Of course, it was one month to do the date that our marriage was ended. He didn’t call, never tried to get a hold of me. And I tired my best to get on with my life. It wasn’t easy. I had been burned yet again in the game of love. I vowed no more, not after this. I heard the fans screaming and quickly stood up and glanced around. They were coming, the guys were first. Howie walked at the back of the group, some blonde bitch on his arm. My eyes misted over and I tried so hard not to let them flow, but I couldn’t. It wasn’t possible. But I would not let him see me like this. I handed the notebook to a fellow reporter and told her to talk to them. She just nodded her head, to excited to see how I was doing. I walked around to the wall, in the shadows. I laid back against the wall, the tears coming hot and fast.

“Do you always do that?” I nearly jumped at the voice and saw his profile. “Well?”

“Not always.”

“You think I’m with her, don’t you?”

“The papers are saying you found a new love.”

“And do you always believe what you read?”

“Usually.”

“Like me cheating on you?” I was about to respond and yet I couldn’t. “The papers were wrong, so very wrong. I would never do that, not to you.”

“But you didn’t love me.”

“No, I did Theresa. Fuck, I still do. She’s just a friend, who wanted to come to met someone and I promised her I would take her the next I was free. Do you think it’s easy for me not to get a hold of you?”

“It must be, you haven’t called.”

“I know. But, I was waiting for you.”

“Why me D?”

“Because if you loved me, you would find the way back to my arms. But, I suppose, seeing you tonight, it was supposed to be the other way around.” I fingered my wedding band. “You still wear it?”

“If you didn’t come back to me, I would lead a single life. With the exception…” My eyes opened wide and he looked at me.

“What were you going to say?”

“Nothing. Nothing at all.”

“No, you were. In fact, I can bet you that I know what you were going to say.”

“Bet me what?”

“You pay for half the marriage if I tell you correctly.”

“Who says I’m gonna marry you again? Maybe I was unhappy?”

“If you were, that band would have come off a long time ago. You wanna bet, yes or no?”

“Yes.” He smiled at me and something told me he knew. I felt a sick feeling coming on and he knew, knew I was squirming and he was enjoying it.

“You’re pregnant.” I stared at him and he walked over to me. His arms opened and I just shook my head. “You have to met me half way, you have to tell me you love me too.” I walked into his arms and he sighed. “God Resa, do not do that to me again. You torment me, you know that? You blind me, you haunt me. In all my years left, I do not know if I can ever get enough of you.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I love you woman. You, you are mine. That baby, it’s ours. Please, do not leave me again.”

“I don’t think I could even if I wanted too. I don’t know how it happened, but I’m surely glad it did.” He smiled and his lips slowly descended on mine. I clung to him, not wanting to let him go, not yet, not ever!

-----
I smacked his hand away and he pouted. I could only laugh at his expression. I fixed the plate and he tired again, only to be slapped once more.

“Just one cookie.”

“Not Howard. This is for our guest.”

“But it’s just Kathy and AJ.”

“They helped us when we needed help, so we’re returning the favor.”

“By baking them cookies?”

“No, by doing what they did to us.”

“What do you mean?”

“Baby, don’t you think it’s time for them to get married?”

“Well, of course I do.” I smiled and walked over to my purse. I lifted out a small container and he looked at it.

“What is this?”

“It’s called a Night Drug. Mr. Livingston told me about it. It’s what they used on us.” He smirked and I laughed.

“You’re evil.”

“Yes, but you love me.”

“That I do.” He walked over to me and lifted me up, swinging me around in his arms. “That I do, now and forever.” His lips touched mine, his body pushing me against the wall to his kitchen. “God, never enough.” I moaned and lifted my head back, exposing my neck. His eyes gazed at every inch before his soft lips touched there. And the spell was broken as a soft voice spoke. My little girl walked into the kitchen, holding her doll. She was two years now and just so damn cute. Her black curly hair was long, her brown eyes always stood out.

“Daddy? Mommy? I had dream.” She started pouting and Howie walked over to her.

“What’s wrong baby?”

“Bad dream. Made me cry.”

“Oh sweetie, daddy is here, tell him about it.”

“You lefted mommy. You didn’t wuv her.” I locked eyes with him and smiled. After everything, we had fallen in love. To this day, I can not figure out how and neither can he. Hate was not a strong enough word to use on how we felt for one another. But here we were, happily married, our two year old girl and another one due shortly.

“That will never happen baby. Come on, let me go tell you a story, okay?”

“Otay daddy.” She placed her small head on his shoulder and he walked upstairs. I walked out to the living room and opened the door to find my friends there. I smirked and they looked at me.

“What?”

“You, what’s that look for?”

“Nothing why. Come in, care for any cookies?”

“Of course,” Kathy said, digging into them. AJ did the same and I just smiled.

-----
I laid down in bed and felt Howie shift behind me. His arm snaked around my waist and I sighed, content at last.

“What’s up baby?” he mumbled.

“Just thinking.”

“About?”

“Us.”

“Oh, I like that sound. What about us?”

“Just how we started out on a strange attraction.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9613