It Wasn't Me! by Carter-Orange
Summary: My response to the March challenge.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Fantasy, Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1533 Read: 799 Published: 03/07/09 Updated: 03/07/09

1. Chapter 1 by Carter-Orange

Chapter 1 by Carter-Orange

We arrived at the Hilton Hotel in Belfast in the early hours of the morning, all feeling quite knackered after the show we’d just done that evening in Glasgow. All we wanted to do was collapse in a comfortable bed and go to sleep, which is exactly what we did. With another show the next day, we needed our rest.

I woke the next morning, yawned and stretched, then got out of bed and took a look out of the window to see what the view was like. We travelled to so many cities but I never got tired of the different views, each place so different to the last. I was hoping we’d have enough time for a little bit of sight seeing before having to get to the arena later, after all, Belfast is where Titanic was built and Ireland is home of the leprechauns! I couldn’t leave Ireland without at least a quick look around and maybe a souvenir or two.

I took a quick shower, called the other guys to see if they were up for coming with me, then went down to the restaurant for some breakfast, deciding on a full Irish cooked breakfast. There were a few fans staying at the hotel but they were courteous enough to let me eat in peace, only approaching me after I’d left my table. So I signed a few autographs and posed for a few photos then went back upstairs to see if anyone was coming with me, surely they had to be up and ready by now. Brian and Howie decided to stay at the hotel and make the most of the facilities, so that just left AJ and myself, he wasn’t going to turn down the chance to go shopping.

We left the hotel unaccompanied by security and were able to walk around virtually unrecognised, something which just wouldn’t happen in some parts of the world. I did have a cap and sunglasses on, but it was so warm and sunny outside that I didn’t look out of place amongst the other tourists. The hotel was situated centrally and everything was signposted so clearly, we had no trouble finding our way around.

“Come on, let’s go on the open topped bus for a tour of the city” I said and didn’t really give AJ a chance to protest as I got on the bus and ran up the stairs excitedly. The bus tour lasted about an hour and took us down to the docks where Titanic had been built, and a whole other bunch of places including Belfast Castle.

“Now can we go shopping?” asked AJ when we got off the bus

“Sure” I replied

The mall certainly improved his mood, his face lighting up at all the different shops, he loved shopping in other countries. He bought a few t-shirts and then we went and bought a few DVD’s in Zavvi, they’d keep us occupied on our long journeys, could never have too many DVD’s! As I was about to pay I noticed the souvenir section and had to go take a look, I spotted a cute looking cuddly leprechaun and a book about the Titanic, so I picked them up and went to pay.

“Well I’m ready for something to eat, come on, let’s see what they’ve got in the food court” I said, hoping they’d have a McDonalds or Burger King or something like that.

“Dude, I’m sure they’ve got a McDonalds here” AJ said, as if reading my mind.

“Hey, this place looks good,” I said looking at the inviting looking food outlet. And indeed it was good, I had a Shamrock shake with burger and fries, AJ had the same but a coke with his meal instead. After finishing our food we had to go back, time was ticking and we’d have to be at the arena soon.

That evening we had an amazing show, the Irish crowd were really welcoming and put us at ease, we had a blast. It was a relief to know that we weren’t having to pack up and go that night, but were able to go back to the hotel for a few drinks and chill out before travelling to London the following day.

Again there were fans at the hotel, but they weren’t giving us any bother, in fact it was nice to relax and have a few drinks with some of them. After having a couple more drinks than I’d intended, I went up to my room and collapsed on my bed, falling asleep almost instantly. Next thing I knew I was being tapped on the arm “wakey wakey” came an unfamiliar voice. Thinking I was dreaming, I turned over and snuggled down into my bed a little more.

“I said wakey wakey” came the voice again, this time a little more insistent.

“What the hell” I muttered, wondering who on earth was waking me up at what…. 4am in the damn morning. I looked around and couldn’t see anyone, which was hardly surprising as the room was dimly lit. “Who’s there?” I called out as I reached for the lamp.

“It’s only me, Fergus the friendly leprechaun” said that voice again and as the light came on, I saw the little figure. He must’ve been smaller than Mini Me from the Austin Powers films, all dressed in green with a shamrock in his top hat. He had bright red hair and a full beard and his face was covered in freckles, he was a peculiar looking little man.

“What the fuck” I muttered “you can’t be real, leprechauns are only fairytales”

“Ah that’s what people think, but we’re as real as the nose on your face!” he chuckled

“Say I do believe you, that doesn’t explain what the hell you are doing in my room at 4am” I said

“I thought we’d have a little bit of fun with your friends” he said mischievously.

“How do you know I’m with friends?” I asked

“Because I do” he replied “and I know you like the odd prank or two”

“Sure I do” I said, thinking this actually might be fun “what do you have in mind?”

“Come with me and see” he said. So I got out of bed and threw on the clothes I’d thrown across my floor only a few hours ago, and then we left the room, a very odd sight, me being 6’2 and him being no higher than my knees.

“How are we gonna get in their rooms?” I asked and he produced a key card which he said would get him into any room in the hotel.

“Brian first” he said as he slid the key card to open his door. We crept in silently and Fergus got to work at filling Brian’s shoes with butter and jam. I have no idea where he’d got it from, he just seemed to produce it out of thin air. We tried to suppress our giggles and I could just imagine Brian’s face the next morning when he saw his kinda new pair of Nike’s full of butter and jam.

“Come on, Howie next” he said as I carefully closed the door on Brian’s room, ensuring it didn’t slam shut.

“Ooo, what we doing to Howie?” I asked excitedly, beginning to like this little leprechaun.

“Cling film” he replied cheekily “over the toilet” and he began giggling, I liked his thinking. So in we sneaked, and Fergus produced a piece of cling film large enough to cover the toilet. I knew Howie was going to go nuts, but it didn’t stop me. Once we were out of the room and couldn’t help it, I laughed out loud, a side splitting laugh.

“Oh man, what you got planned for AJ?” I asked, bent over laughing.

“Hmm how about talcum powder in his hairdryer, you know how he fusses over his hair” he chucked.

“Don’t I know it! He’s worse than a girl when it comes to his hair and make-up” I laughed and so we sneaked in to AJ’s room and Fergus did his stuff. We sneaked back out and crept down the hallway.

“What now?” I asked

“Well, I think we’ve had enough fun for tonight, back to your room now” he said and I felt a little disappointed, I was enjoying myself here. But we walked back to my room and I could feel myself getting more and more tired with every step, how I got back into bed I have no idea. All I know is the next morning I was faced with three very angry looking Backstreet Boys.

“But……it wasn’t me……..it was Fergus the friendly leprechaun” I tried to explain, knowing that I sounded crazy.

“I’ve heard it all now” AJ said, his face and hair completely white from the talcum powder still all over him.

“What shall we do boys?” said Brian

“I think I might have an idea” said Howie producing a roll of cling film from behind his back.

“No…….guys…….come on” I protested as Brian and AJ held me down and Howie secured me to the bed with the cling film.

“See how you like that” he said and the three of them left the room laughing.

“But…..” I called out, struggling to break free, but it was too late. They’d gone and all I could hear was laughing down the hallway.

THE END

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9631