Mysterious Ways by AngelgirlD
Summary:

300mysteriousways.jpg picture by AngelgirlDoroughThis is a writing challenge posted at Mature BSB Fan Cub the instructions were, ‘Write a scene or a story where BSB gets into an argument with a priest and one of them ends up with a bloody nose-due march 29, 2009.'  So here is my take on the challenge I hope you enjoy it.


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1697 Read: 945 Published: 03/30/09 Updated: 03/30/09
Story Notes:

 

Disclaimer: This is for entertainment only...if you are easily offended or under age do not continue reading this material. Please do not take part of my story because if you do you are a fraud and not really a writer...so become one and just need an idea to start your writing journey...

1. Chapter 1 by AngelgirlD

Chapter 1 by AngelgirlD
Author's Notes:

This is a writing challenge posted at Mature BSB Fan Cub the instructions were, ‘Write a scene or a story where BSB gets into an argument with a priest and one of them ends up with a bloody nose-due march 29, 2009.'  So here is my take on the challenge I hope you enjoy it.

 

Mysterious ways

By AngelgirlDorough

©March 20, 2009

 

 

 

Remember me,

Remember who I am,

Remember that I'm everywhere,

Remember that I love you,

Remember that I'm not going to forget you,

Remember child that I work in mysterious ways ...

 

            ‘How did I get bloody nose again?' AJ as he is seating in the room inside the church holding ice pat up to his nose to stop the bleeding.  However the other boys look everywhere else in silence avoiding looking on AJ, ashamed for what has transpire not really knowing how it happen and why it happen.  Suddenly it's heard, "Excuse me Father Miguel asks if you all want to confess," the deacon asks arching his eyebrow for emphasis. They all nod in agreement that they will go to confession early this week.  Howie leading the group to the confession area he whispers, "Guys how exactly did this happen again?"  "I don't know but AJ have a really bloody nose," Nick reply looking back slightly to see AJ, who walks quietly holding the ice pat up to his nose.  Shaking his head Nick continues saying, "The only thing I know is, how do you confess to a situation you really don't know if you are to blame."  They all stop walking as they have arrive, then they gaze at each other deciding who is going to be the first one to go in.  Brian is the first one to go in taking a few steps to the velvet red curtain; he moves it aside and walks in.  The other boys take seat at the wooden bench and wait their turn. 

               At confession Brian begin his honest utter true confession making the sign of the cross, "Forgive me father for I sin, since my last confession.  Father, I'm truly sorry but I don't know how this happen, its just like we have woken up today to an alternative world without an explanation.  The only thing that is real is that one of my best friends has a bloody nose and it happens here inside the house of the lord as the others has their silent struggles and its killing me that I don't know how to help them."  The priest just listens as he finishes his confession. The priest tells Brian his penance for his deeds as he blesses him to go in peace.  However before he leaves he hears, "God works in mysterious ways..." "Excuse me," Brian says a bit baffle but he hears next makes in wonder, "Yes, my son?"  The priest retorted sounding puzzle and waiting for Brian to keep going,  "Nothing father," Brian finally say grabbing the curtain moving it to the side and walking out the confession sanctuary. 

            The next one to stand up, as Brian reaches the bench and kneel for a silent prayer is Nick.  Nick sees everyone in deep thought he silently walk toward the confession booth, closing the curtain he initiates his own confession.  "Hmmm, I do not know how to begin as it has been sooo long time that I can't remember..."  The priest replies as to ease the young man to his confession, "Tell the lord what is on your heart that is troubling you that he will help you." "Hmmm, ok. I do not know why I'm here and how one of my best friends has a bloody nose.  So I guess I need to understand-Lord why?"  There the priest interrupts Nick and tell him, "Child you never ask God why but instead for what?" "Hmmm, ok-then what is the reason we are here?" Nick asks as he lifts his head upward, staying in silence hoping to hear the answer but none came his way.  The priest suddenly question in a soft tine, "Child anything else is troubling you?" "No, I guess not," he replies and with that the priest tell him the penance for his deeds as he bless him to go in peace.  The exact moment Nick is about to walk out he hears, "I'm here ...God work in mysterious ways..." "I guess," Nick answer where the priest replies, "Excuse me son." "Nothing-Thank you," it's the last thing he says finally walking out. 

            Nick returns to his seat and kneels quietly searching for an explanation.  Hearing Nicks return AJ quietly makes back to the confession booth.  "Hmmm-I do not know how to begin as it been a long while since I have done this, but father that are in heaven, I have fallen out of the wagon again.  I'm right back when I thought you have forgotten me.  I don't want you to forget about me, I don't want to feel that way; instead, I want to be love and out of the black cycle but I don't know how," AJ confess sniffing trying to hold the tears back soon turning in to sobs.  In that moment he hears, "I have never forgotten you- you are the one who forget about me.  I do love you as you are one of my beautiful sons.  Remember that I'm always here and that I love you remember who love you..."At that, AJ walks out with a glow on his face while peace in his heart and soul.  He walks back to the bench.

            Lastly, Howie goes to the confession booth closing the curtain.  He begins his confession making the sign of the cross, "Forgive me father for I sin, since my last confession.  I lost my way father, as I do not seem to enjoy life.  I see one of my best friends struggling with his sobriety as I struggle with my own convictions.  Meanwhile, I'm doing things that I have never done before in my life.  Like today we got lost going to a presentation, I became mad because we got lost in our way there; instead of being calm as I'm known for-the mediator, I was cursing making everyone to submit to the same mood as me.  I just want to be home with my wife instead of going to a show.  Home to my wife that needs me but I do not seem to be able to help her out with all the stress and her insecurities she has; since, she has gained the baby weight.  I try to tell her that she is more beautiful now...I think I'm going to loose her.  I'm going to loose my family," Howie tells his deepest secrets between sobs and panting for air.  He continues, "And to make matter worst I hate that AJ for falling out of the wagon again.  That is why I snap at you early saying, "We don't need any help from you ...of course I did not realize that you were the priest though we were just walking distance of a church but Brian did and try to tell me, when I bark at him too.  Of course there Nick tries to move away from the hostility making me snarl at him for avoiding confrontation.  However I move toward him with malice.  I'm hurting and I just want people to feel how I feel; which, is not me at all as I grabbed him by the collar where I see Brian in my face while I struggle with Nick as Brain is with me trying to make me reason and telling me to let go off Nick.  I stumble back hitting AJ right on the nose causing him a bloody nose.  It was intentionally, I didn't feel any remorse and the only remorse I feel now  is that I finally notice I'm loosing myself-Oh please dear Lord forgive me, help me be myself once again," Howie finish confessing his transgression. 

There he only hears his own sobs and nothing else.  He pleads with more devotion as his lace fingers change color to a white skim color.  "Please-help me be what I was for my family and friends sakes.  I want to help them but I don't know how when I only seem to become bitter with passing time."  "Son, without knowing it, you helped yourself and the ones around you.  You brought your friends who were in need of my help.  One searching how to help you all and didn't know how loosing peace, another one in search for my presence though I'm here and everywhere.  While, another one in need of my reassurance of my love as he lost his way-thinking I will forget him when I never have.  In the meantime, you needed to reflect in order to change your ways like that be able to find yourself.  Remember my son, its not about walking the straight arrow, what I love the most about my children, its how they skewer their way to find their way-their way to me.    I work in mysterious ways and the best it's when I work my works and my children are oblivious to it." 

At that, Howie walks out as to being guide out when he hears, "Go in peace my son as I taken all your baggage."  Howie turns to say something with tears in his eyes when he sees the priest and the deacon walking toward them.  They look stun to each other then back at the confession booth only to sees the curtain move slightly like it has someone walk out with light breeze. There Howie's tears stream down his face soon wiping it away.  After they apologize to the priest for what had transpire they pile up into the limousine.  Nothing its said for a long while; until, they reach their destination where they discovers that the place had a gas leak and the place was evacuated before it made a small explosion what could've been a disaster.  They look perplex at the scene in front of them, when the limousine driver says, "God works mysterious ways as if you were there at the time you were suppose to who knows what would've happen."  They only glance at each other and say in union "Thank you Lord!"

~The End~

 

End Notes:
Feedback would be nice!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9670