Somethings Gotta Give by ResaD
Summary:

“Brian befriends her, Howie hates her, AJ dates her, Nick wants her, Kevin loves her”

A quick friendship happened between Brian and Theresa, and for LeighAnne's birthday bash, Brian invited his new friend. It was the same night that she knew one liked her, one wanted her, and one hated her!

For AJ, he wanted to know the woman, for she caught his attention right away. For Nick, he wanted her only for a round or two. And yet, no one could understand why Howie disliked her, for none of them knew about her.

After a couple weeks of AJ and Theresa dating, Kevin shows up for a party at Nick's and it's at that moment that Theresa is aware her past is coming back, and there's nothing she can do but hold on for the ride.

And she knows, deep down, that somethings gotta give...


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Dramedy, Romance
Warnings: Sexual Assault/Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 10615 Read: 19124 Published: 06/08/09 Updated: 09/21/09

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

4. Chapter 4 by ResaD

5. Chapter 5 by ResaD

6. Chapter 6 by ResaD

7. Chapter 7 by ResaD

8. Chapter 8 by ResaD

9. Chapter 9 by ResaD

10. Chapter 10 by ResaD

11. Chapter 11 by ResaD

12. Chapter 12 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
“Brian befriends her, Howie hates her, AJ dates her, Nick wants her, Kevin loves her”

Chapter 1
Love is unpredictable. Rather, your heart is. It doesn’t understand can’t or won’t, or doesn’t. It loves whom it loves and you’re absolutely powerless to stop it. This is such a story. It’s a roller coaster of emotion. Its many butterflies in my stomach. It’s my love story of loving, losing, and forgiving.

-----
“You want me to go?”

“It’ll be fun.”

“Brian, you’ve only meet me a couple weeks ago. How will the guys feel about me coming to some group thing? They don’t know me.”

“Theresa, don’t worry. It’s only a small together at Howie’s club.”

“I’m an outsider. I wouldn’t feel right.”

“I’m beggin’ now.”

“Why?”

“Because, Resa…”

“You wanna play match maker?”

“No, no, that’s not it. In the last few days, you’ve become a really dear friend. Its LeighAnne’s birthday and I think you would have fun. Sides, she does want you there.” I twisted the phone cord around my finger, wanting to say no. But, Brian was right, he was a friend, one that I’ve grown close to and it would be for LeighAnne. I just had to make an appearance, that’s all.

“Fine, fine, I’ll be there. Just, give me directions.”

-----
I pulled outside of the club, already feeling the bass. Goodness, it had certainly been a long time since I’ve been in one. I put the car in park, wondering if I should just leave. I heard my phone go off and flicked it open, seeing a message from Brian, wondering where I was. I replied back that I was in the parking lot, just about ready to turn tail and run. Within a few moments of that sending, I saw him come of the club and start walking over my car. I got out, closing the door and arming it by the time he made it over.

“Turn tail and run?”

“I don’t know these people.” Brian gave me a quick hug.

“You know me, and LeighAnne, and that’s all that matters. Don’t worry about the rest of the guys. You know how we are.” I rolled my eyes but fell in step with him as he lead me into the club and to the booth. I reached over and gave LeighAnne a hug wishing her a happy birthday.

“I’m glad you made it. I really told Bri here you needed to come.”

“Well, I couldn’t miss this special occasion.”

“I know. The years just creep up on you.” I smiled and felt Brian touch my arm. I turned around, catching sight of the man walking over. I bite my lip, smoothing the dress down over my thighs, not really understanding why. Oh, yeah, nervous habit!

“Theresa, this is AJ. AJ, this is Theresa, a dear friend of ours.” I extended my hand and he captured it in his.

“It’s a pleasure.”

“Same here.” He smiled, but quickly turned his attention to LeighAnne and offered her his birthday wishes. “Want something to drink?” I shivered as his breath raced over my neck. I turned around and smiled.

“A soda is fine.”

“Brian has poor manners, not offering the lady anything to drink.” Brian shrugged and sat down next to LeighAnne. “Come on, if they start talking, you’ll be alone. I couldn’t do that to a lady.” I laughed and walked with him over to the bar. “Brian hasn’t mentioned you before.”

“I’m sorry.” AJ glanced over at me. “Is that a way of saying you want to know more?”

“Maybe. I must admit, I’m interested…” he stopped as he felt someone lay a hand on his shoulder. We both turned, seeing Nick standing there, his eyes a deep blue from the fire burning within.
Chapter 2 by ResaD
Chapter 2
“Who’s your friend man?” His eyes turned once more to me and I shivered. Something deep within did not like that heat, that fire burning. I was very uncomfortable, yet, I wasn’t wiling to let people see that.

“Nick, this is Theresa. She’s a friend of Bri’s.” I extended my hand and forced a smile past my lips.

“What a gorgeous name.” He held my hand a lot longer than I deemed necessary for a hand shake.

“Thank you.”

“So, how long have you known Bri?” I tried yanking my hand back, but he just wasn’t letting go.

“Not long. I met him only a few weeks ago.” He finally released it as he shifted, smiling at the man behind him.

“Howie, finally. Damn, didn’t think you were ever gonna make it out to see your friends here,” Nick said, giving D a brief hug. Howie smiled at Nick and hugged AJ.

“Yeah, well, I figured I needed to.” His eyes turned to me and that smile quickly disappeared.

“Howie, this is Theresa. Brian’s friend.” I smiled, yet he didn’t return it.

“Excuse me, I need to see LeighAnne.” With that, he left, not even offering me a hello.

“I’m sorry Theresa. Howie usually isn’t that rude.” I waved it off and turned my attention back to AJ.

“No worries, really.”

“That would have pissed me off.” I threw a smile at AJ.

“I learned not to sweat the small stuff. By the way, I’m still waiting on that soda you know.” He blushed as he turned back to the bar tender.

“So, tell me about yourself,” Nick said as his hand slipped around my waist. Inside, I cringed, wanting to yank that arm and hurl him as far as I could. Why he bothered me, I wasn’t sure. But something just didn’t feel right about him, about the gaze he had.

“What’s to tell?”

“How you met Bri is a good start.” He shifted closer and I scooted closer to AJ.

“Yeah, I’m sorta curious about that.”

“Hey, Nick, come here.” Nick turned, as well as AJ, to see Brian waving at Nick.

“Excuse me sweetness.” He left and I let out a sigh.

“Don’t like him?” I flinched and AJ laughed.

“Am I that obvious?”

“To anyone but him. Why, everyone loves the Nick charm.”

“Maybe it’s just too much for me.”

“Hmm, interesting. Really, I am curious about you.” I shrugged and threw him a smile.

“Don’t be. I’m nothing special.”

“Oh, on that note, darlin’, you’re wrong. You friends with Brian and yet you dislike Nick. Not to mention that Howie has beef with you, and I’m thinking you’re just one hell of a woman. So, yeah, nothing special just isn’t adding up.” I busted out laughing. All of that in one night! That was certainly a first in my book. “How did you meet him?”

“At a conference, actually. He was one of the singers there, and I was a guest speaker.”

“Within in the last few weeks?”

“Yeah.” His eyes closed, and he tapped his chin with his finger.

“Brian mentioned something about a conference. It was like, some type of Christian deal, or other.”

“Yeah, that would be the one.”

“Oh, we got a good girl on our hands? Is that what you’re saying?” I shrugged, yet threw him a wink as I picked up my glass and turned to leave.

“Good girl with a devil inside.”
Chapter 3 by ResaD
Chapter 3
“I wish you would stay longer.” I gave LeighAnne a hug and smiled as I pulled away.

“I know, and I’m sorry. But it’s already after 12, and I have to get up pretty early in the morning. I have a radio interview to do and than a meeting with my editor, so, I have to be wide eyed awake.”

“Thank you for coming Theresa.” I turned to Brian and gave him a hug.

“Thank you for inviting me. I had a blast.”

“And I am sorry about Howie.”

“Really, no worries. I’m sure he thinks I’m someone else. Just let it go.”

“Okay, okay. So, I’ll talk to you later.”

“Promise.” With that, I waved as I walked out the door. I made my way over to my car, hearing someone call out my name. I turned, and saw AJ running over.

“You’re leaving without saying goodbye?”

“You were busy.”

“Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want to say goodbye.” He shoved his hands in his pockets and grinned.

“Has anyone told you, you’re just too adorable?”

“That might be a first.” I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you. Tonight was all the more enjoyable because of you.”

“Can I call you?”

“I would like that.” He quickly pulled out his phone and entered the number I gave him.

“What are you doing tomorrow? Or, rather this afternoon?” He asked as he glanced at the time on his phone.

“An interview than a meeting. After that, I’m free.”

“Does lunch sound okay?”

“I usually like lunch. Are you asking for a date here?”

“Maybe, if it’s not being to forward.”

“No, it’s not. And lunch is nice. But, I do gotta go, although, I wouldn’t mind standing out here and talking for the rest of the night.” That made his grin even wider. “Good night AJ.”

“Night. Be safe.”

“I promise.” With that, I got in my car, feeling another pair of eyes on me. I glanced toward the entrance, seeing Nick leaning against the wall, watching the exchange between AJ and me. I shivered once more as I started up the engine and quickly drove away.

-----
I wrapped up my meeting with my editor and made it out my car, sighing as I slid in and just rested. Damn, this morning was certainly a long day. I glanced at my phone seeing that I had missed a message from Alex. I checked it, and smiled as he sent me a text just to say he couldn’t stop thinking about me. I hit the reply, and started typing, when I stopped. It would just be so much more fun to call. I quickly hit the button and heard his call back tone, laughing at it. That was too much. He quickly picked up and I could hear the smile already.

“Hey there.”

“The Call?”

“Pardon?”

“Your call back song, is The Call?” He laughed at that.

“Guilty. I just think it’s perfect.”

“It is. I just got your message. Thank you. That was sweet.”

“It’s the truth you know.” I bit my lip and could feel the heat already on my cheeks. “So, done already?”

“Yup. Just finished with my editor.”

“Great. Want to meet up somewhere?”

“Yeah, that might be easier.”

“Sweet. I know this great little Mexican place, if that’s okay?”

“It’s fine. What’s it called?”

“Coco Loco’s.”

“That’s also a night club. I’ve always wanted to try it.”

“See you there in like twenty?” I quickly pulled my phone away and glanced at the time.

“Yeah, it’ll take me about that long to get there. See you.” With that, I quickly slapped my phone shut, glanced at myself in the mirror and groaned. My make up was still half way decent, but my hair was horrible. But, I didn’t have to time to fix it. And oh well. Either he got me as is or not at all.

-----
“So, you are a Christian yet not a good girl?” I shrugged as I popped a chip into my mouth.

“Who said that believing meant you had to be a good girl? I may have a devil inside.” AJ chocked on his soda and I had to chuckle. “Didn’t mean to make you choke there.”

“No, it’s okay. I’m starting to think that’s my favorite quality about you.”

“Oh, that I’m a bad girl wrapped up in a good girl package?” AJ just glanced at me, giving me that famous smirk.

“Yeah, maybe something like that.” I shook my head and sipped my tea. “What made you believe?”

“Oh, um, I wasn’t leading a very good life. I was a thief, stole quite a few things, got caught once, wasn’t pretty. But, I wanted things I couldn’t get, so the easiest way for me was to steal them. I’m not talking thousand’s of dollars worth of stuff, but it wouldn’t be hard for me to snag someone’s chain or bracelet. Or even someone’s wallet. It’s really interesting, the day I got caught. The guy who caught me, he was funny. But he had these really intense green eyes that I think saw everything and anything. He knew what I was doing was stupid, and it was going to lead me into some really bad stuff, so he sorta befriended me. Than, I had some serious family issues, and had to go home. It was there that I think I started to believe. I had broken into someone’s house for only the second time, and it was a pastor’s house. I didn’t steal anything, I was just caught breaking in, but he sat me down, explained to me that things I was going after wasn’t going to matter. End of story. Now, I share that good news and hope it helps others.”

“Wow. Bad girl gone good.” I laughed and shook my head.

“That devil is still in there, you know.”

“Oh, I can see that.”

“Can you now?”

“Mmhmm. Also wishing that he might come out and play while I’m around.”
Chapter 4 by ResaD
Chapter 4
“Oh, Alex, you have no idea what you’re wishing for.” He grabbed my hand and gently held it within his.

“I just want to get to know you better.” He frowned as he felt his phone vibrate. “Excuse me.” I nodded while he grabbed his phone, frowned, and quickly slid it open.
“What can I do for you, man?” I tuned him out, not wanting to listen in on the conversation, even if it was just AJ’s side. Or, that was until I heard him mention Nick. Mentally, I shivered. I couldn’t place it, but something about Nick just did not settle. And maybe it was because he came on way to strong. I had never liked men like that. AJ quickly hung up and smiled at me. “That was Nick.”

“Oh, yeah, what did he want?”

“Wants me to meet up with him after my lunch date.”

“Than should we hurry and eat?”

“Hell no. Blondie’s ass can wait.” I busted out laughing.

“Blondie’s ass huh?”

“I’m enjoying the company of a beautiful woman. He’s done it to me, so turn around is fair play.”

-----
I walked out to my car, smiling as Alex grabbed my keys and quickly opened the door.

“This was fun Theresa.”

“Thank you, it was.”

“Can we do it again?” Oh, why did I fall for these types of guys? They were sweet, charming, cute, but they would break my heart, they always did. “I won’t take no for an answer.”

“Oh, mister Alex, isn’t that just a tad demanding?” He shrugged, and that simple movement looked even more adorable on him. Hell, why was I fighing it? I knew my answer would be yes, always yes. “I suppose we can do it again. After all, you’re just too damn adorable to say no too.”

“Just adorable?” The look that crossed his face was priceless.

“Okay, maybe a tad cute.” His arms crossed his chest and his eyebrow rose up.

“You know, my fans tend to find me hot, sexy, gorgeous, unbelievable even.”

“Than I say your fans need glasses, and maybe some mental tests.” I couldn’t stop the grin as his eyes opened wide. Damn, his eyes were amazing, why did he always have to cover them up? “Oh, don’t go having a heart attack. Fine, fine, okay, you’re cute. But sexy and all that…” His arms quickly snaked around my waist, tugging me tight against his body.

“Say it.”

“Nope, and give you the satisfaction? Never!”

“Woman, don’t make me hurt you.”

“And I’m so worried over the big bad wolf.” Without a moment’s pause, and without thinking about it, his lips crushed mine. My arms wrapped around his neck, holding on for dear life. Goodness gracious, those damn things were illegal, they just had to be, and I know it. They couldn’t possibly feel that damn good and be considered good for you. He finally pulled away, his breathing hard as he rested his forehead against mine.

“Say it.” I smirked as I stared into his eyes. I quickly pressed against his lips once more, pulling away moments later and getting into my car. I started it, rolled my window down and waved.

“NEVER!” I threw him a wink and another wave as I left the parking lot.

-----
“Did you have a good time?”

“Yes I did Nick, thank you.”

“So, who’s the lucky bimbo this time?” AJ glanced over at Howie and rolled his eyes.

“Man, she’s not a bimbo. I actually had an enjoyable time with Theresa.”

“Brian’s Theresa?”

“I didn’t know Brian controlled her D.”

“He doesn’t. Look, don’t get yourself mixed up in that. She’s…I don’t care for her.”

“Yeah, I sorta figured that out the other night. Wanna explain why?” Howie shrugged, not going to answer the question. Nor did he need to, ‘cause Nick butted right on in.

“Dude, she’s fine.”

“She’s sweet too.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Did you hit it up yet?”

“Man, not everything is about sex.”

“You said that? You taught me everything I know, J!” With that, AJ plopped down on the couch and glanced at Nick.

“Not that. And I never said that. I’m looking for love, always have been.”

“Right. Did someone mention to this sweet thing just how many relationships you’ve been in and out of?”

“No. No one needs to either. Now, Nick, just let it go.”

“Are you dating her?”

“Not officially, no.”

“Good, than she’s still free.”

“Nick, let it go.”

“Nope. She’s still free game. Deal with it. And when I land her, I’ll brag about how sweet she was.”

“Nick, I’m not telling you again. Theresa isn’t the one you sleep with and forget about it. She’s classy.”

“She’s a phony and I suggest you don’t get mixed up with a damn thieving liar like her!”
Chapter 5 by ResaD
Chapter 5
Both Nick and AJ turned to look at Howie, who stated that so strongly. Almost like he had a personal case against her.

“D, where did that come from?”

“No where. Just, forget I said it. But, for real, you two do not need to get involved with the likes of her. She just ain’t worth your time.” He glanced down at his watch and smiled. “Gotta jet, Leigh is making a special dinner. Later.” He quickly left, leaving both of the guys bewildered by his outburst. It was plain to both of them that Howie had some personal issues, but he wasn’t about to claim what they were.

-----
“So, I heard you had a date?” I rolled my eyes as I laid down on my couch.

“Who squealed?”

“Actually, AJ did. I’m happy for you. Alex is a great guy.”

“I’m getting a sense he is. Would it be odd for you if, well, we did hook up?”

“Theresa, why would it?”

“I’m not sure. You know I value your friendship, even thought it was quick.”

“I know. Really, you have nothing to worry about. AJ needs a good girl.” I laughed at that. “You know you are.”

“With a devil inside.”

“Oh, fine, true. But everyone does have that.”

“True indeed. Well, Mr. Brian, I have to get going.”

“Before you do, you have no idea about Howie, do you?” I frowned, not quite understanding Howie. The story goes that he was the ‘Sweet D’ and yet my one meeting did not prove that.

“No, I don’t actually. I have never met him before.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize for him. He is a grown man, you know.” Brian chuckled.

“Yes, I know. I’ll let you go girl, and I’ll talk with you later.”

“Yup. Have a good one Bri.” I hung up my phone when I heard his response. I frowned once more, really thinking about Howie. It almost felt like he knew me, but there was just no way. I knew none of these Backstreet Boys.

-----
“What are you doing?”

“Laying down and reading a book. Why do you ask, Alex?”

“Thought you would allow me to take you to dinner.”

“I know you won’t take no. So, what time?”

“Well, since its Saturday night, how about you be ready in an hour.” My eyes flew to the wall clock hanging in my living room. By the time he got here, it would be pushing 8:30.

“Are you gonna be ready?”

“Haha, very funny. Oh, and wear something nice, yet comfty.”

“Fine, see you than.” I hung up and flew to my bedroom, figuring the clothes would have to wait until after my shower.

-----
58 minutes later, I grabbed my hand bag and opened the door, smiling at Alex.

“You said an hour.”

“Okay, but I really couldn’t wait to see you.”

“You saw me yesterday.” He rolled his yes but quickly placed a quick kiss upon my lips. His eye ran over my sheer blouse, the white tank top underneath, the black skirt and down to the high heals.

“Are you gonna be okay in those?”

“You told me nice.”

“And comfty.”

“They don’t mix in the female language. Alex, where are you taking me?”

“It’s a surprise.” I shook my head as I locked up my apartment and made my way over to the Mercedes. “I, um, we’re double dating.” He opened my door and I glanced in the back seat, groaning mentally.

“Hey Nick.”

“Hey sweetness. This is Jennifer.” I turned to the female by his side and smiled. Shit, this was gonna be a long ass night.
Chapter 6 by ResaD
Chapter 6
“I’m sorry,” he whispered in my ear as he softly pushed my chair in. I turned and smiled, letting him know that it was okay. Or, it was until Nick took the seat on my left side. Without trying to be obvious, I scooted my chair closer to AJ’s. He grabbed my hand, placed a kiss on the back of it, and smiled. And that went straight to my toes. I quickly sucked in a breath, but I still wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of calling him sexy.

“I talked to Brian about the pool party I’m having next weekend, and it’s for sure that Kevin is coming.” I glanced over my menu, not really paying attention to what they were saying. And after a few moments, we placed our order, yet, I still wasn’t really listening.

“It’s been forever since I’ve seen that man. Is he bringing the family?”

“You know the rough patch he’s having but Mason is coming.” My ears picked up on that name. But, it was a common enough name.

“Kevin?” The guys glanced over at Jennifer.

“Richardson,” Nick answered. My glass of water slipped through my fingers and fell straight to the ground, glass and water spilling every which way. “You okay, Theresa?” Mentally, I shook myself.

“I’m fine, Nick. It just slipped.” AJ glanced at me and frowned, but I smiled. Son of a bitch! Why didn’t I think of it! “Excuse me, while I try to clean this up.” AJ stood up and pulled my chair out, truly the gentleman. I rushed into the restroom, staring at myself in the mirror. Oh my gosh, how…why…not now! I groaned, remembering the last time I saw those eyes, saw the hurt, and yet saw the love. But it was wrong, so very wrong on so many levels. And now, it was coming back, my horrible past just couldn’t stay dead. But, I really had to get over him. I mean, he had a wife, even a son. Of course, there’s AJ. And he seemed like such a good guy and I really needed that good guy type. I ran my hand over my face, not sure of what to say, what to do. I could end this relationship, could walk away, but I had gained so much. And Brian’s friendship was a blessing. I shook my head, knowing that walking away wasn’t the right road, and yet, walking down the one I was currently on did not seem right. I mean, it just had so many twists, bends, turns, up hills and down, that I wasn’t sure I wanted to take it, that I was strong enough to take it. But, as quick as all thoughts were, the Lord’s voice echoed in my mind. He told me that though the path may seem bad, He was there to guide, to protect, to help. I wasn’t alone. I took a deep breath, steadying my over frazzled nerves. Goodness, and it was just the mention of a name. Granted, it had been quite a few years since I heard it. I closed my eyes, took a steadying breath once more and headed back out to the table.

-----
“I get it, this was the comfty part?” I asked, as AJ held open the door for me. He smiled and lead the way inside and over to a private booth.

“You’re gonna dance tonight.”

“I danced at the party.”

“Two line dances does not count, baby.” Inside, I shivered. That cute little pet name used to irk me, but hearing it from him, it sure sounded really good.

“You ladies want anything to drink?” Jennifer ordered something while I just ordered a coke. Nick nodded and left to get the drinks. I watched his retreating back and let out a soft sigh.

“What’s wrong, darlin’?” Damn, AJ was on a roll tonight!

“I guess I’m relieved.”

“Over what?”

“Nick. He was nice at dinner, didn’t seem to hound me.”

“He has a date.” I looked at AJ and rolled my eyes. He laughed and placed his arm around my shoulders. “Nick can be an ass, there’s no denying that. But he can be a good guy. Give him a chance, darlin’, you mind find out he’s okay.”

“You’re saying that because he’s your boy.” AJ’s eyes grew dark as he recalled his last conversation with Nick, and really prayed that Nick wasn’t that much of an ass that he would do what he said he would do. AJ wasn’t lying to Nick when he said he thought Theresa was classy. She was, and she deserved respect, not just a roll in the hay. “Alex?”

“I’m sorry, I got something stuck in my mind.”

“It sure didn’t look like a pleasant thought.”

“It was nothing. Wanna dance?” I glanced out at the crowd, knowing there was no way I was getting out of it.

“Sure, you’re gonna drag me out there anyway.” Once on the floor, AJ wrapped his arms softly around my waist.

“See, it ain’t bad.”

“Never claimed it was.” I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder, breathing the scent that just screamed AJ! I smiled to myself, so very content to be in his arms.

“I can feel that smile.”

“You’re not the bad boy everyone thinks you are.”

“Eh, it’s just an image that I got branded with.”

“Why not deny it?”

“And lose my fans?” I giggled and I could feel AJ gently press his lips against my head. Hot damn, AJ was just about the sweetest person; scratch that, just about the sweetest guy I knew!

“May I cut in?” I glanced up and there was Nick. Damn, I didn’t want to be rude and say no, but I just didn’t feel comfortable enough to say yes either. I glanced over at AJ, hoping he would say no. But he glanced at me, smiled, pressed a kiss on the back of my hand and leaned over to me.

“Give him a chance to redeem himself,” he whispered in my ear. With that, he left, walking over to the DJ’s booth.

“I promise, I’ll behave.” I placed my hand in his. Mentally, I snorted, for I just didn’t buy that. Sure, he might have been prince charming all evening, but it was a side I just didn’t believe. “I know that I came off rather horrible that first night. I’m sorry.”

“Me too. I’m being rather rude and that’s not like me.”

“No worries.” I smiled and he smiled back. Hmm, nice smile, maybe he wasn’t SOO bad after all. “You’re too far,” and before I could stop him, his arm tightened around my waist and pulled me closer. Okay, I was dead wrong.

“Nick, please give me room.”

“But I like how you feel. Nice, soft, firm!” Oh hell no, please tell me his hand did not just grab my ass!

“Nick, stop it.” I tried pulling away but he wouldn’t let go. His hand traveled up my back and gently brushed my breast. “NICK! Your date is right there.”

“So?”

“So, go with her! Fondle and grope her, she’s willing!”

“She might, but she’s not you!” I raised my eyebrow in a silent question. “You feel good, I like the way you feel, and I know deep down, you want me to feel you, to caress your parts you don’t talk about.”

“I’m dating your best friend, doesn’t that bother you? Get to you, anything?”

“Should it?”

“Let me go,” I muttered, getting more pissed off with the man as the seconds ticked by. “Do you think all females fall at your feet and faint at your charm, if you call groping charm.”

“I haven’t had any complaints so far.” Oh, the urge to slap him was strong.

“Allow me to be the first. Let me go!” He smirked, his eyes dancing with mischief. How I hated that look.

“For now, you’ll be the first. One day, you’ll want me, and I’ll be all the more happy to oblige.”
Chapter 7 by ResaD
Chapter 7
I walked into his backyard feeling, well, there was way too many different emotions. But the one that stood out to me being nervous. Gosh, how long had it been since I’ve seen him? Would he remember me, would he say anything if he did? Without realizing it, I was clutching AJ’s hand with even more force.

“Darlin’, I do need my hand.” I blushed.

“I’m sorry. You know, I’m just a little worried.” It had been a week since either AJ or I had seen Nick. And I know AJ saw something’s I’m sure he didn’t like. But, he didn’t say anything to me, and I wasn’t aware if he talked to Nick.

“No worries. He probably has some other bimbo to be digging on.” Mentally, I rolled my eyes. Didn’t Nick have some bimbo that night?

“Thanks.”

“Really, don’t sweat it. I’ll stick by your side if you’d like,” he said as we walked over by the pool and the grill.

“Finally, thought these burgers would be done before you got here!” Nick said, smiling at AJ before glancing at me. Damn, I really hated that look! “Everyone is inside but let me introduce Tiffany. Tiffany, this is AJ and his girlfriend, Theresa.”

“It’s a pleasure,” I said, wondering if I really was going to have to learn a new name each week. The other woman just smiled to both AJ and I.

“We’re going to say hi to everyone else. Be back dude,” and with that, AJ was taking me into the lion’s own den.

“Look, LeighAnne, here I thought that I was gonna have to send a search party out for you two. Damn, Resa, if he’s gonna make you late all the time, than you might wanna think about dumping his ass!”

“Thanks for that vote, Bri. Sides, she’s the right blend of goodness, cuteness and pure evil. And you know how I love me one of those,” he joked, his arms snaking around my waist; his chest pressing against my back.

“Dude, no, don’t wanna hear.” Everyone laughed at D’s expression, well, not me, cause I could see the why behind that comment. Okay, this whole D hating me was really starting to bug me. “Hey, hey, look who is finally joining us! Kevin, long time buddy!”

“Hey there D!” After a few seconds I finally glanced behind AJ, making J turn around.

“Dude, you’ve been gone way too long.” AJ let me go to give a hug to the older man. As they pulled away, Kevin glanced over at me and I saw something flicker in those depths.

“And who is this?”

“Kevin, my girlfriend, Theresa. This is my pain in the ass, Kevin.” I smiled and held out my hand, feeling the goose bumps race up my arm as Kevin’s hand took mine.

“It’s a pleasure. Let me introduce my son, Mason.” I dropped down to the boys’ level and smiled.

“Well, aren’t you a cutie. Hi Mason.” He ran behind his father’s leg, but peeked around to glance at me. He finally smiled and glanced up at his dad.

“What’s wrong buddy?”

“She’s pretty.” Kevin glanced at AJ, at me, than at his son and chuckled.

“Yes she is. And I’m sure Uncle AJ thinks so too.”

“Can I keep her?” I motioned for him to come closer and he came, a tad slow, though.

“When you get older, and you stay this adorable, and of course, if you still want, I’ll allow you to keep me.” That caused that boy to giggle.

“What? I have competition from HIM now? I just can’t win!” I stood up and kissed AJ’s pout away, laughing at his look.

“Where’s Baylee?”

“At my mom’s, Kev. Mom wanted to take him for a couple weeks.”

“Gotcha Bri. Well, I’m gonna check on ‘em burgers because we all know how Nick can be.” I watched Kevin walk outside and mentally sighed.

“Sweetie, I think I’m heading outside.”

“Are you gonna be okay?” I glanced over at Nick and nodded my head.

“Anything happens, I’ll scream, okay?” AJ nodded and gave me a quick kiss.

-----
“Hey Nick.” Nick glanced up and smiled. “What’s new?”

“Nothing much man. This is Tiffany, Tiffany, the last one, Kevin.” Tiffany smiled, as did Kevin. “You meet the latest edition here, right?” Kevin glanced across the yard and turned back to Nick, not quite liking that gaze in that young man’s eye.

“Nick, pop your eyes back in your head there.”

“Sorry man.”

“You like her? Knowing she’s AJ’s?”

“They are dating. He doesn’t own her.”

“Man, she doesn’t strike me as the type that would cheat.”

“Oh, all I want is a round or two.” For some strange reason, that felt like a damn sucker punch to Kev’s stomach.

“Nick, this ain’t any of my business, but I’m thinking you might wanna leave her alone.”

“Why?”

“Because Resa isn’t that type of woman. Never has been.” Kevin glanced back across the yard, not realizing what he said. Or, that was, until he felt Nick’s gaze on him.

“You know her! Like that well? Is she good?” Kevin rolled his eyes. Sometimes, Nick was truly a pain in the ass.

“I meet her, but it was a long time ago and I’d rather not get into it.”

“Dude, you’re gonna leave me hanging like that?”

“I believe if he wanted to give you details, he would have before hand.” I watched him, saw the desire written in the depths of those eyes and knew I felt the same.
Chapter 8 by ResaD
Chapter 8
Kevin grabbed my arm and led me slightly further away.

“Did you think I would say something? If ya didn’t notice, I didn’t say anything in front of AJ.”

“I know, and I’m so very grateful. For some unknown reason, I didn’t think it was the same Kevin, so no one here knows that I know you. And, if I’m being honest, I never thought I’d see you again.”

“I never thought I’d see you either. And, don’t worry, I won’t mention it to anyone how I know you.”

“It’s not that Kevin, I’m not ashamed of my past, and you’re part of my past. I was young, you were younger, and things changed, we’ve changed. Well, maybe not, you’re still as handsome as ever.”

“You’re still just as beautiful. Although, AJ has given you a certain glow, that’s really making you very breath taking.” I pulled my lip between my teeth, not knowing how I was going to get through this. Part of my still yearned for Kevin, and I had thought that part was long since dead.

“Look, Kevin…” He held his hand up and shook his head.

“It’s the past, Theresa. I don’t regret it anymore than you do. But, how about we leave it there? You’re one of my best friend’s girls, and I wouldn’t want to break that up. Besides, I’m married, and we all know AJ needs a good girl for once.” With that, he turned and walked back over to Nick. He picked up his little boy and I took a deep breath. Those words felt like they knocked the wind right out of me. I had the chance to make him happy, I had…I shook my head of those thoughts. The past was the past, it had to stay there. Right now, there was AJ, whom I was really starting to like. I turned around, seeing Howie leaning against the sliding glass door, his eyes trained on me. He shook his head, turned around and went back to the small little group inside.

-----
“When do you guys go back in the studio?” I sipped my soda, not really having any appetite, which is something that AJ picked up on.

“We have a couple more days off, I think.” Everyone glanced at Nick.

“Dude, do you ever know anything for sure?” The blonde man only shrugged, causing everyone to laugh.

“We go back in Tuesady. Why, thinking of coming back?” Howie smiled, knowing that Kevin was out, although, they would always welcome him with open arms.

“Maybe.” All eyes opened wide and glanced at him. “What?”

“I thought you wanted to concentrate on your family, cos?”

“Well, Kristin and I aren’t in the best of relationships. Sides, I’ve seen the shows, ya’ll need some help.”

“Thanks for the vote.”

“Come on AJ, I’m only picking on ya. But, if you all would have me, I sure wouldn’t mind singing a song or two.”

“Or 12. Ya know all of us would want you back man.” Inside, I was dying. If Kevin rejoined the Backstreet family, I just couldn’t stand to be around him. I had to smile to myself at that thought. Out of the five guys now, I was going to be avoiding three of them like the plague, not a good idea.

“What’s so funny?” AJ whispered, letting his hand settle on my leg.

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Try me.”

“Later, honey.” He threw me a wink and I shook my head, letting my eyes fall in the direction of Kevin, who currently had one hell of an irritated look in those eyes.
Chapter 9 by ResaD
Chapter 9
“Did you have fun?” I turned on the light by my couch and smiled.

“Yeah, I guess I did.”

“Told ya. And I also told you I wouldn’t leave your side, which, kept Nick at bay, right?”

“I’m guessing.” I sat down on the couch and AJ took the seat right next to me.

“Although, I wouldn’t have minded if you got in the pool, ya know?”

“Please, the recording I took of the five of you is going up on youtube right away.” AJ rolled his eyes as he rested his arm on the back of the couch.

“No one said you were mean.”

“Nope, just evil, remember?” He laughed, his fingers brushing the hair out of my face.

“Definitely remember, and totally love it.” His eyes held mine, and in them, I saw the desire flare up. His head inched closer and his lips brushed mine. I sighed, leaning my body against his as my arms wrapped around his waist. His lips became intense, seeking, demanding, and I was more than willing to give in. His hand entangled itself in my hair, while the other wrapped around my waist, drawing my closer, if that was even possible. His tongue ran along my lower lip, asking for permission, and who was I to deny? His hand reached up, under my shirt and gently caressed my breast, making that wake up call in my head go off. I pulled back, shocked at not just my desire, but at the way he was breaking down a wall I thought I held up pretty tightly. “I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t be.”

“It’s too much, too soon, I know. Please…”

“Alex, hush.” I placed my finger on his lips and smiled. “It is soon, at least sooner than what I’d like. But, wait.” I saw the look and had to smile yet again. “It’s not just on you. I’m sorry, I never wanted to make it seem like I’m easy…”

“Your not.”

“Thank you. But, there’s this, I mean, I’m…”

“Theresa, you may have that devil inside, but I know, you’re a good girl. It’s actually refreshing to have a girl not throw themselves at you. Even more so to know you want to wait.” And would have ever thought Alexander McLean would utter those words? And wasn’t it awesome that he was willing to wait because I wanted to wait?

“Has anyone ever made you wait?” He tilted his head to the side and tapped his fingers against my thigh.

“Um, ya know, I can’t really remember ever waiting. At least not a long time. A few days maybe.” I couldn’t help it, I just busted out laughing. “But that’s not to say I wouldn’t wait. I know it’s still pretty early on here, but there’s something about you that I’ve never seen in any other woman I’ve been with. From that first night, you captured my attention, and I’m still pretty into you. You’re funny, smart, cute, and true to your self and what you believe in. I would be more than a fool to let you go. But probably an even bigger one to push you into something we might both regret. One of the best things I like is your morals; I wouldn’t want to compromise them.” Ugh, how dare he be so sweet! I was trying to stay true to those morals too! He saw the look written all of my face and smiled. “Are you gonna call me sexy now?” I leaned as close to his lips as I could.

“Never.” I whispered against them, lightly pressing my lips against his.

-----
“Wake up!” I peeked one eye open, glanced up at AJ and groaned. I pulled the covers back over my head. “Oh no you don’t, time to rise and shine.”

“Alex, sweetie, it’s Sunday, and it’s currently,” I peeked at my clock by my bed and freaked. “It’s only 8:03, why are you here? Better yet, how the hell did you get in?” Okay, that woke me up for damn sure.

“Your key.”

“Pardon?”

“Your key.”

“How did you get my key?”

“Well, when we were kissing goodnight, I sorta took it.”

“ALEXANDER!”

“But, I wanted to do a surprise, so it’s not like I robbed the place ya know.” I groaned once more, pulling the covers up around my neck.

“It’s eight, I need more sleep. Someone decided to keep my up to half past three this morning.” He cringed but laid down on the bed next to me, his chin resting on my shoulder.

“You’ll like it, I promise?”

“Does it involve a gold necklace with a ruby attached?”

“No.”

“Than maybe earrings? A ring?”

“No.”

“Than I’m not getting out of bed yet.” He laughed, yanked the covers off of me and smacked my ass.

“Get out of bed. I made breakfast.” My jaw dropped open. Alex cooked? For me? Was I still dreaming? He shook his head and walked towards my bedroom door. “I have a few things left to do, so brush your teeth and afterwards, you can take your shower.”

“But I have church...” I paused, and actually took in his attire. Slacks, white dress shirt, open vest, black hat and no shades.

“Thought I would go with you.” For the second time in less than two minutes, my jaw dropped open. He walked back over to me, put his finger under my chin and shut it.

“Didn’t think I had that effect on woman.” I smirked as I winked at him.

“You just don’t know. Now, go, finish, before you burn my place down.”

-----
“Are the two new lovebirds coming?” Brian glanced at LeighAnne and shrugged.

“I’m not sure. AJ was talking about having plans with Resa.”

“Like what?”

“I think he said something about making her breakfast, taking her to church…” At that, Howie snorted and everyone glanced at him.

“What?” He asked, confused.

“Why don’t you like her?”

“I just don’t Bri.”

“You don’t know her.” Kevin quickly glanced at D, who only tossed a look his way before he shrugged.

“I know about her, and the liar that she is. I know the destruction she leaves behind.”

“How…”

“I know about her damn it! Leave it hell alone already! If the person that knows won’t tell you, believe me, I won’t either!”
Chapter 10 by ResaD
Chapter 10
I parked the car, tapping my nails along the steering wheel, waiting for the guys to finish up. I sighed, glanced at my phone one more time and threw it in my purse. He had kept me waiting now for over half an hour already. “Babe, come pick me up, we’re almost done,” I muttered, feeling just a tad annoyed. I grabbed my purse, my shades and my keys and locked up my car. It was by far too wonderful of a day to be sitting in that car. I walked over to the bench, pulling out my pad and pen, jotting down some new ideas for my next story. I had another meeting with my editor earlier that day and she was getting rather upset that I had submitted nothing for my new book. But, it was the Lord who worked through me; I really couldn’t push Him to give me ideas, could I?

“What a lovely enchantress we have before us.” I shivered, wishing that anyone of the other guys would have uttered that.

“Hey baby.” AJ stopped right in front of me and offered out his hand to help me up. “I’m sorry, we got to playing another few holes, and I was beyond determined to beat Kevin and Nick.”

“Did you at least win?”

“Hell no. Alex got his ass beat.” I glanced at Nick before I tuned to smile at Kevin. I could feel my heart stop and than start up in serve pattern. I took in the white slacks and the blue polo shirt, and for some unknown reason, that golfing attire looked beyond hot on him. I closed my eyes, and mentally shook myself, but I saw the smirk on his face.

“Hey Resa.”

“Hi Kevin. So, who won?”

“I did. And poor Nick here shouldn’t be talking. AJ at least beat him.”

“Yeah, well, golfing isn’t my sport, you all know that.”

“Oh, blondie, don’t be a sore loser.”

“Sweetie, can I have the keys to put my clubs in there?” I turned around and gave them to J.

“How can I not be a sore loser when the prize that he takes home is a fly ass honey like you,” Nick whispered in my ear, his hand brushing down my arm before he made his way over to his vehicle. Son of a…I shivered, loathing him more and more with each encounter. He just wasn’t letting it up and it was becoming bothersome.

“You cold?” I shivered once more, but for a whole other reason, and shook my head.

“No, just…nothing.”

“You know he likes you, right?”

“Oh, he’s made it plain as day. But he’s not type.”

“Nick, not your type?”

“No, I prefer the strong, silent types a lot of the time.” Uh, did that just slip out of my mouth?

“AJ can be that way.” Yup, he was, that’s why I was liking him more and more each day.

“How’s Mason?”

“Good, he’s with Brian and Baylee right now.”

“That’s good. I’m glad they’re close.”

“Me too.” He smiled and there went that stupid heart beat again.

“Darlin’, ready to go?” I smiled at AJ and nodded.

“I’ll catch ya later, Kevin.”

“Sure thing, darlin’.” That endearment was awesome when AJ said it, but when Kevin whispered it, it made all kinds of little twists and turns happen in my stomach. Damn, I needed to go home and cry. And figure things out. And…do some serious thinking.

-----
“You know we go into the studio tomorrow, right?” I glanced at him and smiled.

“Yup. Looking forward to it.”

“Yeah, I’ve missed it. It’s my home away from home.”

“As is the tour bus, and stage.” He laughed as he leaned his head back on the drivers head rest.

“Howie invited us to his house tonight.”

“You know what babe, I’m not feeling all that good. I think something I ate at lunch really is starting to upset my stomach. I’d just rather veg on my couch.”

“Want me to stay with you, because I can.” I glanced over at him and leaned over the console to remove his shades. Gosh, did I love those eyes. And that smirk. And he knew it all.

“I want you to have fun with your guys.”

“Are you sure? I hate leaving you.”

“No, don’t even think about it. Just, go and have fun, for me?”

“They’re gonna miss you, you know?”

“Maybe. Call me when you get home?” He nodded and his lips brushed mine.

“If you need me, call me, okay? I’ll stop whatever to come over.” Gosh, did I know that.

“I promise. I’ll talk to you later, honey.” He kissed me one more time before he climbed out of my car and made his way over to his. He waved as he got in and I waved back. I locked up my car, made my way into my house, throwing my stuff on the chair. I hadn’t completely lied to AJ. I wasn’t feeling good, but it sure as hell wasn’t anything I ate. I was confused, and I had no idea what to do. I walked over to my book shelf and grabbed one of my photo albums. I flipped through the first few pages and sat down on the couch, running my nail over his face. Damn, the one man who had a claim on my heart just never changed. “Why was I so stupid to let you go Kevin?”
Chapter 11 by ResaD
Chapter 11
I gazed at the pictures, my eyes lingering on his face. He was so young in these photos. This is truly back when the guys were just barely getting together. Hell, I was 15, going on 16 when I had met the rather older Kevin. In fact, if all truth be known, it was his place I was breaking into. And he was the one man that I had fallen in love with, even though I was under age. And he knew that, and he had fallen in love with me. We tried to hide it, tried actually not to let it happen. I closed my eyes, my mind wandering back to our first kiss. It wasn’t supposed to happen, duh. Me being under age would so have gotten his ass tossed in jail. But, he held me in his arms, said he was worried about the life I was leading. Said he wanted to take care of me. And at that age, I believed him. And without thinking about it, his lips were pressing against mine and I could feel my stomach tighten up and I could feel my heart pound. In a matter of 15 seconds, I had fallen in love with Kevin Richardson. Of course, things weren’t meant to be.

I closed the photo album, jumped off the couch and put it back on the shelf. I couldn’t think about him. Really! It had to stop! He was married, even if the relationship was rocky. Kevin always tried to work things out. Why would his marriage be any different? And of course there was his son! Mason was adorable, and I’m sure for Mason’s sake alone, Kevin would try and work things out. And there was AJ, whom…whom…I could see myself marrying. But, only if Kevin stayed married. I closed my eyes and shook my head, falling back on the couch again.

“Lord, why? Kevin was out of my life. For crying out loud, I was 15! Most people that age don’t know what true love was. I left thinking that it was really just an infatuation. And yet, here you are, placing first Brian, who really is like one of my best friends. Than you give me AJ and he’s so sweet and I really like him. But after all of that, you give me Brian’s cousin, Kevin. Why Lord? Why are you making it beyond difficult for me? I know you’ll be here to help me and guide me, but I’ll be honest, I’m not feeling that guidance right now actually.” I shut my mouth, glancing around for my pen and paper. Sometimes, the Lord talks to us in ways we just never thought. Through that rant, I was inspired for my next story; in fact, it had a lot to do with questioning God and what He was doing in our lives.

-----
Two days later, I sat at my computer, my fingers flying over the keyboard, trying to ignore the intense ringing of my house phone. I rolled my eyes as I answered it.

“Hello.”

“What has taking you so long?”

“Megan, my ever sweet, ever wonderful editor. How are you doing?”

“Would be better if my writer would tell me how she’s doing.” I laughed, seeing my cell phone vibrate.

“I promise to get you something by tomorrow.”

“You promise?” I hit ignore on my cell phone, knowing AJ would be calling me right back anyway.

“I promise. In fact, I’ve been working on it. So, you should have the ideas along with a very rough outline by tomorrow.”

“I better, or…”

“I know, I’m fired. Have a great day Megan.”

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I clicked off my cordless. I quickly flipped open my cell phone and dialed AJ back.

“I missed you call honey?”

“Yeah, that’s not like you.”

“I’m sorry. I was talking to Megan. What’s up?”

“Well, the guys were going to go have lunch in a little bit, thought you might want to join us.” I pulled my lip between my teeth, not wanting to go at all. But, this was actually, the fourth time I had been invited to hang out with the group and it was going to start looking bad if I refused. But I still couldn’t help not wanting to be around Nick with his advances, D with is dog ugly stares or even with Kev and the feelings he was producing.

“I would love to Alex, but I have to meet this deadline by tomorrow and I’m not completely done yet.”

“That sounds like an excuse.”

“It’s not, I promise.”

“Hold on, someone wants to talk to you.” I waited a few seconds before I heard someone else’s voice.

“Do you not love us anymore?”

“That’s not it Bri. I’ve just been busy, with working and…”

“And ignoring us. Ya know, if that’s how it’s going down, I’m going to forbid you from seeing AJ anymore.” I laughed at that.

“I’m not ignoring you. Or at least all of you. But that’s not why I haven’t gone with you all.”

“You better not be lyin’. Anyways, here’s AJ. I’ll call you later.”

“Sorry darlin’.”

“No worries. I can’t make it today, but what about tomorrow?”

“Are you sure?”

“I have to go to my editor’s office, which isn’t too far away from the studio. So, if you extend the invite for tomorrow, I’ll promise to take you up on it.”

“Darlin, the invite is always there. Okay, they’re calling me now, so I gotta go. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Have fun.”

“Love you.” He quickly hung up, not quite giving me the chance to respond. Wow, love, okay. I closed my cell phone, running my hands through my hair. My time of avoiding them was up. Yes, I had to, because avoiding everyone wasn’t working anymore, they really knew what I was trying to do.
Chapter 12 by ResaD
Chapter 12
I walked into the outside sitting area of the studio, glancing around, finding no one. Well, hell, didn’t they tell me to meet them here? I glanced down at my cell phone, knowing it be the right time.

“Resa?” I turned around, smiling as I saw Kevin there.

“Hey. Did I miss something? AJ told me to meet him here and yet he’s not here.”

“He’s talking with Brian. Some things came up and it’s rather heated.”

“Oh, I can come back. I mean, I don’t want to intrude…”

“No, you’re fine. Here, sit down. Want anything to drink?” He pulled a chair out and motioned for me to sit down.

“No, I’m fine. Thanks. So, how’s the recording going?” Kevin pulled up a chair, straddling it.

“It’s okay. A little rough, trying to get everyone in order, and than there’s D’s voice, which I think is a little off.” He stopped talking and just looked at me.

“What?”

“You know, AJ, he really can’t stop talking about you. I’m happy for you both.” Damn, he wasn’t happy, yet he just couldn’t utter the truth. And part of him didn’t want to, because that part wanted his band mate happy.

“I’m sorry, he shouldn’t.” And in all truth, was there a good reason why he shouldn’t? No. I just didn’t know what to say to that! I loved hearing it, but not from Kevin. After all, this man held my heart! “Was it pretty easy to get back in the groove? And back into sync with the guys?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty easy. These guys are family, so it’s really no problem.” He stopped again, his hand just inches from mine. “Resa, I don’t want things to be uncomfortable between us. He’s one of my best friends and I’m really happy that he has you in his life. And I know you’re with him…”

“But?”

“But,” he stopped, running his hand through his hair. “But I can’t help feeling this way.” My jaw dropped, I know it had too, because I was stunned. I didn’t want to feel this way anymore, and to know he did, floored me.

“That’s part of why I have avoided you.” His eyebrow rose and damn, it was sexy. He rolled his chair closer to mine and I could smell his cologne.

“You don’t have to avoid me, you know? Although, being left alone, like now, might not always be the best story.”

“And in there lies the problem.”

“Oh? And how do you figure that?” His hand snaked out and pulled my chair as close as he could to his. Oh, there was no fighting what we both saw in each others eyes.

“Even in a crowded room, with AJ right beside me, I still have a yearning to be in your arms.” His fingers reached out and brushed a lock of hair that had fallen across my face, my face tingling at the mere contact. Oh my goodness, this man was going to give me a straight up heart attack!

“I wanna do something really stupid.”

“Which is what, Kevin?”

“I wanna kiss you.” I could feel my heart stop. He wanted that? Hell, so did I. And I was making no move to stop him. In fact, knowing with all my heart and mind that this was beyond wrong and asking the Lord to forgive me, I leaned closer. I felt his lips brush mine, and I moaned; I couldn’t help it. And I know I heard a noise come from this throat. His hands cupped my cheeks, his tongue seeking mine out. I ran my hands up over his arms, squeezing his shoulders slightly. I felt it, though, the moment someone entered the room, and faintly, could hear the slight snicker, which told me I didn’t want to see who that was. And I felt the moment he left, closing the door behind him. I glanced at Kevin, shaking my head, not having the voice to talk. I rushed out the door, running smack into the man who I knew saw it all, and his blue eyes held mine.

“Nick.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9747