Don't Wake Me If I'm Dreaming by stephiebaby_06
Summary: Lil thought it was going to be a normal night, going to see Nick Carter in concert, sure her sister worked at the Venue and all, but who ever thought she would actually get to meet him, and she never guessed where that one night would lead her.
Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 4078 Read: 11201 Published: 08/13/09 Updated: 08/19/09
Story Notes:
Originally the first 10 chapters were a dream I had one night.

1. Chapter 1: The Night it all Began by stephiebaby_06

2. Chapter 2: In Nick's Ride by stephiebaby_06

3. Chapter 3: Lil sticks up for Nick by stephiebaby_06

4. Chapter 4: Ditching Delia by stephiebaby_06

5. Chapter 5: Come to my Party? by stephiebaby_06

6. Chapter 6: Did you miss me? by stephiebaby_06

7. Chapter 7: You would never do that. by stephiebaby_06

8. Chapter 8: Behind the Scenes by stephiebaby_06

9. Chapter 9: Too much Information. by stephiebaby_06

10. Chapter 10: Sweet Satellite. by stephiebaby_06

Chapter 1: The Night it all Began by stephiebaby_06
Author's Notes:
Chapter One: The Night it all Began
It had been a few years since she had last seen him in concert, sure the lines were a little less filled with anxious teenage fans, but to Lilian they were still the same.
As the hour drew nearer and nearer for the gates to open, she felt butterflies form in her stomach. It was a cold rainy day in November. She was standing outside the smallest venue in town with her younger sister, Celia who by now had been brought back to her senses and was a BSB fan again. Celia looked up at the sky and frowned.
“ I hate the rain.” She said

“Why?” her sister asked.

Celia looked at her like she was retarded,
“Umm duh, because we are standing in it!” she yelled matter of factly.
Lilian giggled and then smiled.
“It won’t be long now.”

There was only about 50 or so girls in line with them, Lilian hoped that there was another door somewhere around the venue, they had missed. For Nick’s sake at the least.
Just then someone walked up to the door, the crowd erupted in screaming.

“And you want MORE fans?” Celia asked teasingly.
Lilian smiled again and hoped it was time to go inside.
The man stood at the doors for another 5 or 10 minutes before opening them.
“It’s time!” Lil shreaked.
“Yeah, yeah. It’s about time.” Celia said a little less enthusiastic.

The girls followed the line into the doors and awaited the show to begin.

some 2 and a half hours later

“I can’t believe we got to see the show at half price?” Celia said
“It was good right?” Lil asked hesitantly.
“Yeah, I loved it, that boys of yours, he’s still got it hun.”

Celia and Lilian laughed. Celia had decided since she worked at the venue where Nick would be performing that instead of going the loud and crazy way with all the other fans, they would exit through the employee only entrance, after all security would be too busy with all those fans.
Chapter 2: In Nick's Ride by stephiebaby_06
Author's Notes:
Chapter Two: In Nick's Ride
To Lilian’s happiness there was another door, the venue was so packed, it had sold out. Nick was shocked even saddened that so many other fans waited outside for him by his tour bus, unable to attend the show.

As Celia and Lilian walked down the corridor coming up to the last side door where security might be lurking, suddenly someone ran out of the door. Lilian looked at her sister.

“Was that Nick?” she asked.

Celia shrugged

“Possibly, I mean he did just give an impressive performance in this very venue.” She said in a tone that made Lil wish she had not asked the question.

It only took a moment for them to catch up. It was Nick, he was running very fast with a woman who he seemed to be having an argument with.

“Come on, let’s follow them.” Lilian suggested.

“Follow them?!” Celia asked a little annoyed, “Lil, this is Nick Carter we’re talking about here; having an argument with some girl, my car is on the other side of the arena and you want to follow them?”

Lilian, looked at Celia as if she had lost her mind,

“Of course, come on, let’s get in his car, he hasn’t even seen us yet.”

The girls hurried to catch up with Nick and the odd girl who had by now made it to the parking garage and were about to pull out. Surprised to find the back doors unlocked, they climbed into the very beat up little car.

Lilian giggled.

Nick was still wet from the show Lil guessed. He was wearing a jersey and a whole lot of cologne, but she didn’t care it smelled wonderful whatever it was.

The girl was a little more trashy looking than Lil and Celia had prepared for. Her hair was stringy it was dark red color with black highlights, she was wearing a yellow tank top with a jean skirt that was way too low cut. On her feet were large boots that reached up past her knees. She had on huge sun glasses that covered her face practically. Her very apparent fake tan was starting to streak and the girls found it hilarious.

“So this is what you drive huh Nicky.”

Nick and the girl stopped in mid sentence and both turned around. Nick starred dumbfounded at the girls,

“Um who are you and why are you in my ride?” he asked.
Chapter 3: Lil sticks up for Nick by stephiebaby_06
Author's Notes:
Chapter Three: Lil Sticks up for Nick
Lilian blushed and Celia smiled,

“Aw, Nick, we couldn’t resist, been fans a long time and didn’t think we would get another opportunity like this.”

“Um ,Nick if you don’t make them leave this instant, I swear I am going to scream.” The odd woman said.

“Too late now babe, hear those sirens, we gotta go.”

The girls looked out at the all too familiar sight of the screaming fans and then the 5 tour buses that came screaming out of the center.

Cars of crazy fans went chasing after them and Nick and his little crew of girls were safe in the other direction.

“Ha, that’s what you guys do to get away.” Lil said out loud.

Just then the odd woman in the front seat sighed very loudly.

“Look, little third graders, don’t you have somewhere else you can be right now, Nick and I were trying to have a private conversation.”

Even Nick was a little taken back by her tone.

“Umm excuse me, Delia, but I do not appreciate you talking to my fans that way. You don’t know what they went through to get here. What if they are from out of state or they sold their house or something?’

Just then Delia interrupted,
“Nick , you are so stupid, you aren’t really that famous, people don’t sell their houses to see you and they certainly don’t come from another state, you are washed up. Should have been gone from the music scene a long time ago, I don’t know why I put up with you.”

The girls in the back seat were amazed at what they were hearing, for Delia’s information, Nick was not stupid and definitely not washed up. Celia opened her mouth to protest, but Lilian beat her to it,

“Delia, is it?” she asked, “Listen good one time, you and your fake and bake tan, looking like a zebra need to go and find someone who is actually washed up and stupid, because Nick is not, Nick is famous. He is in fact infamous. His songs about life and living it, have helped me so much to see things for what they really are and you obviously live in a perfect world if you have never realized it. I have been a fan of Nick’s for a long time and …”

“What like 3 months.” Delia interrupted.

“Stop that damn it!” Nick yelled, “Can’t you give anyone the time of day for two seconds?”
Chapter 4: Ditching Delia by stephiebaby_06
Author's Notes:
Chapter Four: Ditching Delia
Delia looked at him and slapped his face.

Nick felt his cheek immediately, it hurt he wasn’t going to deny it, and he wanted to hit her back, but he had never hit a woman in his life and he wasn’t going to start now.

“Nick, can I ask you a question?” Lil asked.

“Yeah, sure what’s up?”

“Why do you put up with women who are so mean and cruel to you?” Lil asked sounding a bit saddened and disappointed.

“Alright, that’s it, its time to say goodbye to your little friends Nicky boy, they have pissed me off, I am tired and I wanna get laid and these little kids are not welcome.”

Nick who had been driving around with his hand on his cheek suddenly wanted to escape from the egotistical bitch that he had been driving around with.

“What did you say your names were again?” he asked

“Oh, I am Lilian, but you can call me Lil.”

“And I am Celia.” They answered.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Nick, say you two aren’t from around here are you?”

Celia smiled at Lil,

“Yeah, we live around here somewhere.”

“So you know the area pretty well, like if I had to get out and find a bathroom you could help?”

“Sure.” Lil laughed.

Celia pointed at the rearview mirror, Nick was looking into it and mouthing WE GOTTA GO NOW.

“Yeah, nick, actually this little place is kind of run down and no one comes here anymore.”

Lilian pointed to the old tire shop as they passed.

“Love you hun, take care. See you at home later.” Celia whispered to her sister.

She knew Nick and Lil were making a dash to get away from Delia.

Suddenly, Nick pulled into the car lot of the old tire place,

“NOW!” he yelled.

The girls and Nick jumped out of the car,
Chapter 5: Come to my Party? by stephiebaby_06
“This way Nick.” Lil called taking Nick’s hand.

They ran off leaving Delia behind, somehow Celia had managed to stay hot on their heels. They found their way to the side door and opened it. Making their way back around to the front of the store, they could see Delia, She cautiously walked into the deserted tire shop.

“Nicholas, this is not funny, fine, I am going to go home and get off without you.” She said aloud.

“She does know how to get off pretty good.” Nick said.

The three of them hi-tailed it to the car. And jumped in. Nick started it up and drove off.

“Yeah, don’t you know Carter, all whores know how to get themselves off.” Lilian finally could no longer hold off saying.

Nick was a little more than amused by her comment,

“You know I have been with that woman for 2 years?” he said.

“Umm yeah Nick, I know about her, she’s the dingy red head who constantly offers her body to you after every show, she abuses you and treats you like shi^”

“We know exactly who she is Carter.” Celia laughed.

Nick was fuming, should he have left his girlfriend of 2 years at some random tire shop and drove off with two obviously obsessed fans?

“Can you bring me home?” Celia asked

Nick was brought back to his senses.

“Um yeah, that sounds good, where are you staying?”

Celia directed Nick to their house and he brought them there. Delia had been right about a couple things, they were young. Probably about early 20’s. While Nick and Delia were at least in their 30’s. But the girls didn’t care. They had met Nick Carter, and now he knew where they lived.

The girls got out, For the first time since he met them, Nick noticed they were both pretty hot.

“So Nick, I would be the happiest fan alive if you would sing at my birthday party the day after tomorrow at the new Gringelle club , that's set to open soon.” Celia chimed.

Nick looked at the girls, he smiled.

“Girls, now let’s not get all crazy about this, birthday party huh? Could be fun … where is this club, I have never even heard of it.”

“Umm, it’s our moms club.” They both chimed together.
Chapter 6: Did you miss me? by stephiebaby_06
Author's Notes:
Did you miss me?
“Wow, that’s cool, your mom owns a club? So how old are you going to be?”

Celia giggled,

“Umm I am going to be 21?” she responded innocently.

“21, dam momma, you are still so young, how did you get into my concert, I had drinking and everything else, doesn’t your momma keep tabs on ya’ll? Nick asked a little worried.

Lilian laughed a little louder,

“Nicky, of course she does, I am 23 I was watching out for my little sis’s wellbeing. Rest assured, no worries, so can we count on you?”

Nick sighed it would be for a fan he reminded himself silently.

“Yeah, what the hell, only if ya’ll will let me stop by after the show tomorrow night, ya know I got another show right?”

The girls laughed again, still standing by the side of the car with the doors open. Celia shifted her weight from side to side,

“Yeah, Nick, you can have the VIP treatment, just please come, it would mean so much to me, but we gotta go, hope you’ll be there.”

The girls smiled and waved after handing Nick an invitation from her purse Celia blew his a kiss. As they walked up the driveway, Nick thought to himself, they planned all this … he looked down at the piece of paper that he had in his hand. Celia’s 21st Birthday Party … it read. Inside were pictures of Celia and Lilian when they were little girls.

Nick smiled as he read the caption, Come join me and Colour My World, and he knew he had to go.
**************The next night *************************************************
The show was ending, Nick wiped his head with a towel, and headed out, the same doors as the night before.

He approached his car and then stopped, something didn’t feel right, he glanced inside, maybe those crazy girls had given away his hiding place, since he’s so smart and parked it in the same place.

He climbed in, somewhat afraid. “

“Did you miss me?” Delia asked in a spiteful and pitiful tone.

She spit at Nick just then and asked him again. He looked at her and wiped the spit from his brow,
Chapter 7: You would never do that. by stephiebaby_06
“Ya, know what, Delia, I think those girls were right a little bit, you are a mean woman, what if I was to date a fan. Do you think they would treat me the way you do?”

“Aww baby I do evrything and anything you want me to do. You aren’t seriously going to take the words of some random girls over me are you baby?”

“Ya know what, you do anything and everything that I could want, but those aren’t just some random girls, they are my fans and no, I don’t think you treat me right anymore, “

Just then Nick’s sound system which was set to play any song you might say the name to, began blasting Treat me Right by BSB. Nick laughed at the entrance of the song, “Such a convenient time.” He thought to himself.

“Who in the hell is this and what is this trash they are singing about?” Delia asked angerly.

“Right on time guys.” He said playfully to the radio.

“Um, Delia, I am not sure what you do when I am on tour, but I guess you don’t actually go to any of the concerts, this is the Backstreet Boys, my brothers, my family. They told me you were a mean and spiteful woman that I should leave you, but I was naïve and dumb, well not no more.”
Not no more soon filled the car’s speakers.

“Who are you talking to like that?” Delia asked loudly and rudely. “Cuz I know you ain’t talking to me like I am some kind of trash Nicholas Carter.” She said rather angerly.

“Nah, you know what, I am talking to you like you are some kind of trash, go on get out of my car, we’re through Delia.”

Delia sat in shock. “ You wouldn’t throw me out, baby come on, we’ve been together for 2 years now.”

Nick snorted. “Yeah, so what you want me to say, that those years were good, that they were the best,and I wouldn’t spend them with anybody else? Well that’s too dam bad, cuz I know those years were some of the hardest years of my whole life, you cheated on me and then I took you back, you swore you’d never hurt me and then you did it again. I know there’s better people out there than you, so you can just go, we’re done!” Nick yelled.

Delia got out of the car, and began walking over to the side of the parking garage. She looked like she was going to blow a kiss and then she flipped him off.

Real nice, Delia, Nick muttered to himself.

Then she did something, he never thought she would do in his entire life, she called all the fans who were waiting down at the entrance that Nick was up here.
Chapter 8: Behind the Scenes by stephiebaby_06
Nick couldn’t believe what he was hearing, he was only kidding about leaving her, but he was sure now. Where could he go and in such short time, better think quick, those fans were coming up the garage parking lot.

Nick jumped out of the car and glanced at Delia, she smiled coyly and then yelled “Don’t you ever mess with me and think you can get away with it Carter!”

Nick could hear the fans screaming growing louder and louder.

He quick ran for the indoor stairs and saw an elevator, through the glass, but the venue was locked and that wasn’t going to help anything. Luckilly there was two garages next to each other, and since the fans were coming up the one he was on, he would lose them by climbing up the other one. He walked up to the edge and was getting ready to jump when someone yelled.

“Stop, please Nicky, don’t do it.”

Nick stopped and looked around, theat voice sounded familiar … he could still see her face, but he had forgotten her name.

“Nick, please there is a better way, don’t hurt yourself.”

She was even prettier than before, Hey we’ve met before right?. Nick asked.

“Yeah, its Lilian, you can call me Lil, come on Nick, we gotta go, those fans are coming for ya.”

Nick was happy to see her and was still in his own little daydream about her when she jolted him out of it. She was pulling him, and pulling him hard.

“Come on, Nick you can trust me, my sister works here, she gave me the key to the service elevator, none of those fans will be able to access it and we can stay in the venue until they all leave.”

Nick was shocked, he was sure, she was trying to kidnap him or something, pretty girls always brought trouble, at least that was his luck lately.

“Say Lil, why you being so nice to me?” Nick asked.

Lil was caught off guard, “I am a fan Nick, been a fan for a long time, I knew after what happened with Delia that Cel and I were partly responsible and Cel had a feeling that spiteful little bit^h would try something like this, and so she gave me the key to everything.”

Nick smiled, they had reached the basement, as the door opened it was really quiet, only the sounds of an old groaning furnace heating up. Wow, these are the parts we never get to see, this furnace has got to be like 50 years old. “

Lilian giggled. “I wouldn’t doubt it.” She said
Chapter 9: Too much Information. by stephiebaby_06
Author's Notes:
Author's Note: I have nothing against Paris Hilton, I just think she didn't appreciate Nick the way she should have.
They made their way up the stairs which led to the inside of the arena, the doors had been locked and so there was no reason to worry about the fans coming in.

Lilian walked over to a place where she had stood about 24 hours before, “I was right here, Nick. “ she said smiling.

Nick stopped and looked, “I never saw you, I only see the girls who are right by the stage, the ones who are in the lights and all.”

“ I know, its so sad, ya know.” Lilian replied, “All we want to do is see you and then there’s those girls who you go home to every night after the show and they treat you so bad and you sing about situations where you escape it and have better lives, but for real, you don’t live those lives, do you?”

Nick was blushing,
“ I am sorry Nicky.” Lilian started. “I didn’t mean to …”

Just then Nicky walked over and stopped Lilian mid sentence, he was kissing her, and she was liking it.

When he finally let her go, he looked at her and said “Well, them girls in the back got it going on.”

Lilian laughed. “Aw. See that’s what I am talking about , someone should make you wanna do that because you want to, not because you have to.”

Nick glanced a sideways glance at Lilian

“Do you want to go home now?” he asked her.

Lilian looked at him with sad eyes, “I guess it couldn’t last forever could it?”

Nick looked at her with a smirk, “Well it could, but … Umm hey why don’t I come and see you at Celia’s birthday party?”

“Aww .. you didn’t forget, you would really do that?” Lilian gushed.

“Yeah, I mean how could disappoint ya’ll, you practically saved me from the next Paris, I mean she was headed that way.”

Lilian frowned, she didn’t like Paris, not one bit. “I think she used you, and I don’t think she appreciated what she had,” Lilian repled back.

Nick caught a glance at her and saw her frown, “Aww , she meant well, I think. But she wasn’t all that if you know what I mean.” Nick joked.

“Eww … Nick, that’s too much information if you ask me.”

“Hey now I was just being honest. “ Nick laughed.

The two finally decided it was time to head on out, rising from the arena chairs which had only an hour earlier held some of the most loyal BSB fans of all time, they set out.

After finally reaching Nick’s car, they climbed in.
Chapter 10: Sweet Satellite. by stephiebaby_06
“Hey, ya wanna go somewhere?” Nick asked.

“Umm … yeah, I thought you were taking me home?” Lilian asked.

Nick smiled, “Well you don’t have to go home right now… do you? Or we could go to your place and hang out?”

Lilian was taken back, “Nick, I come from a humble beginning and that is still humble, I am not the least bit blessed with money. I live in a small house with my sister and my mom and we all pay the bills. We probably don’t even have anything for you to eat that you would like.” Lilian was almost in tears.

Nick looked over at her, “Aw. Come on, its alright, we don’t have to go there, but you know I came from a humble beginning too, I mean I wasn’t always a Backstreet Boy.”

“True.” Lilian answered.

“Say, what did you do before you were a Backstreet Boy?” Lilian asked.

Nick looked at her kind of funny. “ What do you mean, like before I was famous and had to hide from people and make up fake names and dress up to look like someone else?”

Lil frowned, she wasn’t sure if he was joking or being serious.

Nick laughed for her, “Sorry, I was kidding."

“I have an idea." Let’s go to McDonalds … you like Mceedees right?” Nick
bursted out.

Lilian laughed this time, “Yeah Nick, McDonalds is fine.”

Nick started the car and Set it Off came blaring through the radio, “Hey I love this song!” Lilian exclaimed.

“Huh?” Nick said surprised. “How can you love this song, we never even released it anywhere.”

Lilian laughed again, “Nicky, when are you going to learn, somehow someway it all finds a home on Youtube.” Nick laughed this time.

He backed out and began driving down the driveway to the bottom of the garage, as they neared the entrance, he thought he saw someone who he recognized. He looked at her a little more and sure enough it was Delia.

“Quick, get down!” he yelled. He attempted to make a quick drive by and not be noticed by her, but since his windows were down Delia heard clear as day when Get Down started playing on the speakers.

“Dam this sound system!” Nick yelled. “Can I get up now?” Lilian asked still hiding down below the view of any one who would look into the car.

“Ohh sorry, yeah she’s gone.” Nick laughed, “You know if you say the name of any song, my radio satellite will play it.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9812