Love will keep you up all night by Ozbsbgirl
Summary: What can go on behind closed doors
Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 6902 Read: 13466 Published: 09/22/09 Updated: 09/22/09

1. Chapter 1 by Ozbsbgirl

2. Chapter 2 by Ozbsbgirl

3. Chapter 3 by Ozbsbgirl

4. Chapter 4 by Ozbsbgirl

5. Chapter 5 by Ozbsbgirl

6. Chapter 6 by Ozbsbgirl

7. Chapter 7 by Ozbsbgirl

8. Chapter 8 by Ozbsbgirl

Chapter 1 by Ozbsbgirl
People thought that they knew practically everything about Nick Carter, member of Backstreet Boys. They thought that they knew his every move, his every emotion. But what they didn’t know was he had a double life. Only something that his immediate family, the other members of Backstreet Boys and their families knew of. Not even many of his closest friends knew. One little slip of the tongue and his big secret would be out.

Nick Carter partied with plenty of women when he was doing promotional things for the band and his solo album, mingled with all the beautiful women. Women were dropping at his feet. People thought he had the perfect life. Money, fame, security of a home, life security if one day everything suddenly changed. But Nick didn’t have the perfect life. He was far from having the perfect life.

Everyone asked him questions about his marital status, is he dating someone? Who is that woman that smiled at Nick in the street, who sat next to him on an airplane going somewhere. Nick always had to deny people, he thought he might as well have a tape recorder and save his voice. He felt he was wasting his breath.

Every night when he finished work, wherever he was in the world, either his home in Los Angeles, or Tampa or in a hotel somewhere around the world, he would be there alone, not wanting anyone to know, almost in tears because he wanted to have the life everyone else was having, like his best friend Brian Littrell and his family. Nick looked up to Brian so much and also with Howie Dorough and his family.

Every night, Nick would do his normal nightly thing, prepare dinner for himself, do some work on his solo album, watch a bit of TV, play his computer games and before he went to sleep....call his family. No, not Aaron, Angel, Leslie, BJ or his parents, his own family. His fiancé and son.

When Backstreet Boys were touring Australia on their Never Gone tour, each Backstreet Boy had a personal Australian assistant on top of their own personal assistant. Nick met Sarah at his hotel room and was informed of what she would do for him while he was in Australia. Sarah was the same age as Nick and they got along famously. Sarah thought that he would be demanding but he wasn’t. Sarah spent quite some with Nick and for some reason they clicked instantly. Wherever Nick went, Sarah went. She went to all the concerts, all the clubs where Nick made appearances along with the other members of the Backstreet Boys.

The entire two weeks Backstreet Boys were in Australia, Sarah was available to him. Brian saw them two click. Brian was always protective of Nick, ever since they met. They had been through a lot together. Brian saw the change in Nick in the week or so. Sarah had almost changed Nick’s life around. But Brian didn’t want to say it to Nick. Nick wouldn’t want the big brother talk as if Brian was stepping the mark.

Their final night in Sydney, 2nd last night in Australia, Nick and Sarah were in his hotel room talking, something that wasn’t meant to be happening but Nick didn’t care. He didn’t have anyone to talk to at night after the show when the others went to bed. After talking into the small hours of the morning, one thing lead to another and they slept together. Sarah had expected Nick to be up and gone early in the morning but he was still in bed, laying there next to her as she slept.

When Nick left Australia to head off to the next country, Sarah was with him. If Sarah could, she would have personally escorted him onto his flight but had to say goodbye at the departure gate for internationals. Before he left though, he gave Sarah his number and his contact details. Sarah in turn did the same, knowing that this was a 2 week fling and nothing would happen. But something did happen. Only hours later, that night when Sarah was home in her apartment in inner Melbourne, her phone rang, Nick calling. Sarah was surprised. As the days and weeks rolled on, she began to realise this was something.

Three months later Sarah and Nick were still communicating on the phone and also my email. Sarah worked as a Personal Assistant on a temporary basis working for people in the entertainment industry and it took her around Australia. This particular morning Sarah had just come out of the bathroom when her phone rang.
“Don’t let that be work.” Sarah groaned as she got her phone lying down on the couch.
“Hello.” She answered.
“Hey Sar how ya goin?” Nick asked.
“Yeah alright, how’s things are you? Where in the world are you?” She replied.
“Yeah I’m ya know. Where are we? I don’t know. It’s daylight, I know that for sure.” Nick laughed.
“Oh you. Such a blonde!” Sarah managed to laugh.
“Hey, you alright Sar? Sound a bit blah.” Nick asked.
“Gee thanks.” Sarah replied.
“So what’s wrong?” He asked.
“Oh god.” Sarah moaned.
“Sar what’s wrong?” Nick asked worried.
“I’m alright, seriously.” Sarah replied.
“Yeah right, pull the other one. It doesn’t even work with me. You know you can tell me anything. Nothing I’ve heard before.” Nick said.
“Believe me, you wouldn’t have heard this one before.” Sarah told him.
“Try me. I been around, I’m broad minded.” Nick continued.
“I’m pregnant.” Sarah said.
“That’s fantastic. Congrats!” Nick replied.
“Thanks.” Sarah said.
“Is it? Is it fantastic?” Nick asked worried.
“I don’t know.” She replied.
“Sar, what’s wrong? Anything I can do to help?” Nick pleaded. I couldn’t keep it any longer.
“You’re the Father.” She told him.
Chapter 2 by Ozbsbgirl
Nick couldn’t believe this. He was silent for a while. He had been told this many times that he had fathered a baby. Sometimes he was threatened with legal action for paternity tests. Most of the time he had evidence that he couldn’t possibly father a child such as an alibi, sometimes Nick’s lawyers would defend for him without making a court appearance. This is one reason why Nick didn’t want to be linked to any female. He was sick and tired of being told lies. He felt safe knowing that once he finished his work, whatever he was doing, he could be alone in his home or hotel room and not get into any mess, small or big.

When Sarah told him she was pregnant, Nick for some reason believed her. He didn’t know why.
“Nick, you there?” Sarah asked a few minutes later allowing Nick to digest the information.
“Yeah, yeah, I’m here. You know, this is the first time I actually believe it.” Nick replied amazed, not realising his words were coming out before he was thinking it.
“What you mean?” She asked him sitting up curled up in the corner of the couch.
“For years now, ever since I looked old enough or whatever, there are women coming out saying I fathered their children and want money off me. I was never the father. With you back in Sydney, the one and only time we were together, we bonded and all. I can’t explain it. Normally I just am like, yeah whatever. But when you told me Sar, I felt it. I really felt it.” Nick explained to her, opening up to her.
“You don’t think I am lying to you or anything?” She asked him hesitantly.
“No, nothing in the slightest. Sar this is fantastic. I am so happy.” Nick told her ecstatic.
“Are you sure?” Sarah asked cautiously.
“Yes. Sar this is the best news in such a long time! You don’t know how happy I am.” Nick almost cried of joy.
“You mean that?” Sarah asked.
“YES! Stop asking that. I am more than alright. I am over the moon. I am so happy. Oh Sar, if I could just be with ya right now.” Nick replied.
“I’m so glad you are happy.” Sarah informed him.

Unlike most men Sarah had known, Nick was by her side as much as he could. While he physically couldn’t be in Australia because of the new album commitments and being seen in Australia would cause trouble. Nick called every morning and night to see how Sarah was and if she needed anything.

While Nick couldn’t help out much he felt the only thing he could do was to provide her with a home. Nick totally insisted. Insisted that much that he had a lawyer come out and look at properties in the Melbourne city area for their child. Sarah didn’t have a say in the matter. It wasn’t forceful or anything like that. When she tried countless times to back out Nick always had the line “My baby too you know.”

When Nick had told his immediate family and everyone he wanted to tell about the pregnancy, he had to choose the right moment to tell people. Brian Littrell, Kevin Richardson, Howie Dorough and AJ McLean were fine and were excited for him. His family weren’t excited about the idea. His brother and sisters showed their support, especially Aaron.

Sarah had to quit her job at the agency when she was 6 months pregnant as she wasn’t able to handle the pressure of the job and being in the business, she had to give up. Without even asking Nick provided her with money and the top health cover. Sarah didn’t have to do a thing.

Nick had tried to make the birth of his first born child but commitments with the band and the risk he would be taking coming to Australia would be greatly. Between everyone concerned, we arranged to do a link up from the birthing suite, Nick watching the other end, Sarah’s Mum and her sister with her every step of the way. Sarah knew the gender of the baby but Nick didn’t want to know. When she could talk to Nick after giving birth, Sarah allowed Nick to name their son. It wasn’t to hard to guess what the name would be, Aaron Brian. Aaron Brian Carter. He was going to be known as ABC.
Chapter 3 by Ozbsbgirl
“Aaron, Daddy’s on the phone.” Sarah called out to Aaron. Aaron was now 2 years old, almost turning 3. The three of them saw each other daily or spoke to each other, via the internet or through the phone. Aaron always knew who his Dad was.

The only reason why Sarah and Aaron weren’t with Nick as a family was because just after Sarah turned 21, she was in a car accident and was charged and convicted for driving recklessly under the influence of alcohol. She had served her time but because she was wanting to get a visa for the United States, either for holiday or permanent, she was denied and was excluded for 3 years from the date of application from entering the United States of America. Sarah was able to apply again just after Aaron turned 3 years old, 4 months away.

Nick had only been able to see them physically once in all that time, when Backstreet Boys toured on the Unbreakable tour. To make sure Sarah and Aaron weren’t seen, they were picked up in a unmarked police car and taken to the hotel in the early hours of the morning to the hotel where they would be staying. The remaining members had commitments after each show in each city. Nick would not be at them. Publicist saying that he needed to be rested as he was feeling unwell. Sarah and Aaron would be leaving at different times to Nick including flights. No one was the wiser.

“Hi Daddy.” Aaron said into the phone. Sarah was preparing Aaron’s dinner while Nick was on the phone to Aaron. Nick and Aaron bonded so well considering the circumstances. Seeing Aaron smile, his face light up when Nick was mentioned, talking about Nick, Sarah saw a lot of Nick in him. Nick’s siblings knew as well.

“How my boy doing?” Nick asked him, Nick in Los Angeles in the studio while the band was taking a break and wanted to make phone calls.
“Good. What ya doin?” Aaron asked.
“I’m on a break from working at the moment. I’m working with Rok, D and Bone.” Nick said. Aaron couldn’t quite get out the other bands names. He called Brian OK “OCK”, Howie just D and AJ McLean Bone.
“You singing Daddy?” Aaron asked.
“That’s right champ. Daddy’s singing. What you been doing?” Nick replied leaning back on his chair looking out into the Los Angeles sky line wishing he could be with Sarah and Aaron.
“You singing now. Mummy has you singing now.” Aaron told him.
“Hey champ, its MOMMY not MUMMY.” Nick laughed trying to teach Aaron the difference.
“No, here in Australia is Mummy. He ain’t American quite yet.” Sarah spoke up listening on the speaker phone. Nick could hear the song ‘Love Will Keep You Up All Night’ playing on in the background. He definitely was awake at 3am, no matter where he was in the world.
“When you coming here Daddy?” Aaron asked him.
“Soon champ. I mean it. Why Daddy, Uncle Brian, Uncle Howie and Uncle AJ are working so late. You know, the stars are shining outside where I am.” Nick replied.
“Sun’s awake here. Maybe sun should wake the sky there.” Aaron said, Nick chuckling.
“I think so.” Nick laughed.

“Aaron, here is your dinner sweetheart. Go sit down in front of the TV sweety. Mummy wants to talk to Daddy.” Sarah said emphasising the word Mummy.
“Bye Daddy, love you.” Aaron told Nick before blowing kisses through the phone. This cut Nick up so much. Whenever Aaron blew kisses to Nick, whether on the phone or seeing it through the camera on the computer, Nick would be almost crying.

“You alright?’ Sarah asked Nick turning the speaker off, phone to one ear while she was preparing her dinner, Aaron grabbing his bowl and taking it to the couch.
“You know you don’t have to ask me that. You know what the answer is. These next few months are cutting me up something bad.” Nick replied getting off the chair, walking over to the drum kit, running his fingers around it, looking outside the nightlife in Los Angeles. He didn’t feel he was missing out on it.
“What did you mean about you coming out here soon?” Sarah asked knowing to change subject.
“We have some time off in a few months and was wondering if you and Aaron want to spend it with me? I have seen this place in Queensland just off the mainland, no technology, only the basic phone equipment for the few hotel offices on the island. Totally deserted, no one on the island only the hotel staff. There is a no fly zone so no press or anyone can see.” Nick informed her.
“Are you serious? How do you know all this?” Sarah asked excitedly.
“I been doing my research. I wanted to spend a week with you two somewhere in Australia for Aaron’s birthday and wanted to do it different.” Nick replied.
“Wait up, Aaron’s birthday?” Sarah repeated several times.
“That’s what I said.” Nick told her laughing. Sarah couldn’t believe this.
“We would love that so much.” She replied excitedly.
“Don’t let Aaron know. I want it to be a surprise. Just say that ya going on holiday. Which is true.” Nick said.

Nick was going to email Sarah all the details of their holiday and reunion. Sarah had to laugh that when Nick made accommodation bookings, it was always an extra day either way if Sarah and Aaron arrived early or were leaving late in the day.

Later that night, long after Aaron was in bed, Sarah was watching TV when her phone rang. Maybe it could have been Nick, calling to say goodnight but on her caller ID it said it was Brian.
Chapter 4 by Ozbsbgirl
“Hey Rok, how you going?” I answered.
“Goin good, goin good. No need to ask on how you are.” Brian laughed.
“Oh gee, that was outta left field. My jaw almost dropped to the ground. He hasn’t been able to make his birthdays or anything and for his 3rd birthday, and most of all a surprise. What have you done to Nick?” Sarah asked.
“We done nothing babe. Nothing at all. It’s what you’ve done to Nick. It’s all you. If you could physically see the difference in him.” Brian told her.
“Brian, don’t get me started.” She whined knowing that anything like that would make her so emotional.
“Alright, alright. Listen, when Nick’s gonna be there with you, we are going to be doing a surprise for him.” Brian mentioned to Sarah.
“Such as?” Sarah asked.
“Leighanne is going through a scrapbooking phase or whatever it is, really cool stuff she has done and she thought of this for Nick. We were wondering if you could send her pics of you and Aaron or the few of Nick and Aaron together. She is going to do some big photo frame or something, I don’t know. All I know is that she asked me to give you a call to ask about the photos.” Brian explained.
“That would be fantastic. He would love that so much. Just one question...why didn’t Leighanne ring me?” I asked.
“She didn’t want to wake you up or anything and yet she knew the time difference.” Brian laughed.
“I’ve been used to phone calls at all hours for 3 years now but at least she is considerate.” Sarah joked.
“Knew you wouldn’t mind that’s why I called ya.” Brian laughed.
“How’s Baylee doing?” Sarah asked.
“Being the crazy little guy he is.” He replied.
“Just like his Dad.” Sarah laughed. When Sarah and Brian got off the phone, she immediately began to go through photos and email them to Leighanne. Sarah had called Leighanne and warned her of the amount of photos that would be sent to her.

“Oh that’s nothing. I have loads more.” Leighanne laughed.
“Baylee is older though.” She giggled.
“I have more than you before he turned 3 years old.” Leighanne told me.
“Who took more though? You or Brian? Come on, admit it.” Sarah asked.
“Me, FOR Brian.” Leighanne emphasised.
“Poor Baylee was used to the paparazzi before the real paparazzi.” Sarah joked.
“Yeah I know. Hey Sar, how you going to be seriously? When all this is out? You and Aaron here in Australia?” Leighanne asked.
“I hadn’t thought of that. Not yet anyway.” Sarah replied.
“Does Nick know about how you are feeling and all?” Leighanne asked.
“I suppose so, in time.” Sarah answered as she continued to send photos of Aaron and herself to Leighanne.
“We’re all going to help you. I think you have got so much support and everything that you don’t even realise.” Leighanne told Sarah.
“I think I’m gonna need it. I’ve done well with the media so far haven’t I? Not even the slightest hint or anything out there.” Sarah replied.
“Us girls were talking about it the other day and we couldn’t have done it for this long. It was hard on Leigh at first, Kristin, well everyone sort of knew about that with her and Kevin on again off again thing and then Brian and I, we did kinda well I think, even if I do say so myself.” Leighanne said to Sarah.
“It hasn’t been easy. As each day closers I get excited and nervous at the same time.” Sarah told Leighanne.”
“Once things are out in the open, things have calmed down, it will be alright. Although, between us girls, I am not entirely happy then by the time you are able to come here, the guys will be on tour.” Leighanne added.
“We’ll see what happens.” Sarah sighed.
Chapter 5 by Ozbsbgirl
The morning that Sarah and Aaron were flying out to Queensland for their reunion with Nick, Sarah couldn’t be any more excited. Her parents and sister knew where she was going. The day before they had a little birthday party for Aaron as he would be in Queensland. Nick was going to be arriving late in the afternoon with Sarah and Aaron arriving around lunchtime. Both agreed they wanted Aaron to settle in.

On the plane, Aaron sat in the seat and got excited. He had never been on a plane before and this was his first time. Before the plane taxied out, Sarah took a photo of Aaron in the seat all excited. She wanted Nick to have this photo. The smile on his face was priceless, this was a milestone for Aaron, being on a plane.

Arriving at Brisbane Airport, the weather couldn’t be any better. Sun shining, pure blue skies, not a single cloud in the sky, wasn’t too hot, wasn’t too cold. The only bad thing, the humidity. Once they had collected their luggage, a man was waiting for them to take them to an adjourning plane to take them directly to the island by sea plane.

“This is fun Mummy.” Aaron told her as they were up in the air again.
“It is isn’t it.” Sarah replied.
“Daddy coming? He know where we are?” Aaron asked.
“He knows we are going on holidays but he doesn’t know if he can make it sweetie.” Sarah told him.
“Hope so. I miss him.” Aaron sighed looking out the window. Me too. Sarah said to herself. She had craved to be with Nick.

Getting off the plane, Sarah wheeling the suitcases, Aaron ran in front, seeing all the sand and water. “Aaron not to fast ok. Don’t wanna lose sight of you.” Sarah called out to him.
“Alright Mummy.” Aaron called back, still running ahead, Sarah laughing to herself. Just like Nick. All excited about somewhere new.

Once Sarah and Aaron unpacked their luggage, Aaron was nagging Sarah to go down to the beach. “Please Mummy.” He pleaded, looking up at her, those bright blue eyes, gorgeous blond hair.
“Once you have settled down alright. I know you are excited but calm down a bit.” Sarah told him, trying to make an excuse. Sarah wanted to keep Aaron in the villa until Nick arrived. She knew when he would be arriving and would be only another 30 minutes away.

Sitting on the lounge, Sarah was reading to Aaron a book about the beach when she heard something. Glancing up, she saw Nick, backpack on his back, black sunglasses, his hair blonde like Aaron’s and had grown it more to what she fell in love with all those years ago when she was a teenager; a white collared casual shirt and faded blue jeans and sandals. The next few seconds, were going to be hard but she tried to continue on with the story.

“Hello.” Nick called out. Sarah stopped everything.
“Come on sweetie. Let’s see who’s here.” Sarah said to Aaron. Aaron running in front.
“DADDY!” Aaron squealed running to him.
“Hey buddy. How’s my man?” Nick asked kneeling down to Aaron, dumping his bag aside. Sarah couldn’t talk. She could only cry of excitement. Nick picked up Aaron, stood up and they hugged for so long. No one wanting to let go.

“I couldn’t miss your birthday buddy so I decided to come and see you.” Nick said to Aaron as they all sat down on the couch overlooking the ocean.
“I missed you Daddy.” Aaron told him.
“I missed you too.” Nick replied giving him a hug and then squeezing me tighter.

“No problems?” Sarah asked as they walked outside the villa, her hand in Nick’s, Aaron running ahead in his beach shorts and top carrying his bucket and spade.
“Nope none.” Nick replied looking at her.
“He has been itching to get out there.” Sarah laughed looking at Aaron who was in the sand getting a head start on the sandcastle.
“I think he needs to be taught on how to do it. Look at him.” Nick laughed as they approached the beach, Aaron having trouble turning over the bucket and the sand collapsing.
Sarah watched as Nick taught Aaron about sandcastle making and taking photos. The smiles didn’t erase from their faces for one second. This is what Nick craved for. No parties, mingling with the celebrities and gorgeous women. He wanted to be with his son. When Aaron wanted to go into the water, Nick put Aaron on his shoulders and went into the water. Lifting Aaron off his shoulders, Aaron giggled, Nick throwing Aaron up in the air and catching him, then swinging him around. This is who Nick was, Sarah said to herself.

Later that night, when Aaron had fallen asleep on Nick’s lap, they gently put him in his bed, leaving Nick and Sarah to have time to themselves for the first time. All they wanted to do was go to bed themselves and just be with each other. Feeling each other all over, touching, caressing one another. They didn’t fall asleep that night. Nick and Sarah stared into his other’s eyes, their eyes doing the talking for them.

When the sun rose next morning Sarah was in Nick’s arms, not wanting to let her go. He gently stroked her body. This is how things should be, Nick thought to himself. When Nick gently kissed Sarah’s neck, Sarah snuggled further into Nick.

“It’s my birthday.” Aaron squealed running into their bedroom. Nick and Sarah laughing to each other as Aaron jumped on their bed.
“Technically not be me mate. I’m still in America time zone.” Nick laughed.
“Aw come on.” Sarah joked opening her arms out for Aaron who was wanting a cuddle.
“Happy Birthday champ.” Nick said scruffing Aaron’s hair and putting him a headlock laughing.
“You know the rules Aaron. Get up and get dressed then have breakfast and then its time for presents.” Sarah told Aaron.
“Aww Mummy.” Aaron whined.
“Aww Mummy.” Nick added.
“No, not breaking the rules.” Sarah told them, laughing.
“Please.” They begged together both using the bottom lip and sad faces. How could Sarah argue with that?
“Ok, ok. You win.” Sarah sighed knowing that she was going to have a hard time if she didn’t give up.
“Yay!” Aaron cheered as he got off the bed and running into the lounge.
“Love you.” Nick said kissing Sarah as they laid back down on the bed.
“MUMMY! DADDY!” Aaron called a few minutes later. Both just laughed.

Out in the living area, Aaron was surrounded by presents from everyone. The band, his Aunts and Uncle, his Grandparents. “Excess baggage?” Sarah laughed.
“Almost!” Nick replied putting his arms around her as they sat on the floor with Aaron.

Once all the presents were opened, Nick and Aaron played with the toys he was given while Sarah cleaned up. “Typical boys.” She laughed at them.
“What you mean?” Nick asked looking up at her while he was trying to set up some toys for Aaron on the floor.
“Boys make the mess and the girls clean up.” Sarah laughed.
“It’s true. Hey Aaron, what ya say we go down the beach and try these out hey?” Nick suggested to Aaron. Before Sarah could say bye, Nick and Aaron were out the door.

The days and nights seemed to go so quick. It wasn’t before long when Nick was saying good bye to Aaron and I.
“Daddy don’t go.” Aaron cried.
“I have to, I have to mate.” Nick said fighting his tears not to let Aaron see him.
“No.” Aaron cried latching onto Nick’s leg.
“Aaron, come on sweetie. Daddy has to go back to work. We’ll see him soon.” Sarah said trying not to show her emotions either.
Somehow Sarah managed to get Aaron off Nick’s leg, Sarah and Nick not being able to have their own goodbye hug. Nick couldn’t take it, he had to walk out, his backpack swung over the back of him. Aaron clung onto Sarah, both of them crying their hearts out watching Nick fade out of sight.

Aaron didn’t let go of Sarah at all. He clung onto her for so long, he cried until he could cry no more. Sarah didn’t bother to change his clothes into his pyjama’s. She just put him in her bed and watching Aaron sound asleep, crying herself to sleep.
Chapter 6 by Ozbsbgirl
Sarah and Aaron arrived back in Melbourne late the following night, Aaron asleep from the busy day she organised for him down the beach and then a ride on a plane around the ocean and a boat ride looking at the ocean. Aaron had always been a water baby, thanks to Nick. Nick and Sarah often talked about the things they would do when she and Aaron were in the US. Sarah had simple plans for a few things and Nick was going to let her do it. Carrying Aaron on her hip, coming out of the gates at Melbourne Airport, she saw her parents and she knew she was home. Her Dad took Aaron off her while she hugged her Mum.

Sarah told her parents what happened when Nick left. “We know. Nick called us before he boarded his flight back to LA last night. He felt so bad. He didn’t know what to do.” Her Mum told her.
“We didn’t know what to do. Nick and I were trying to have our goodbye but we were having trouble with Aaron.” Sarah replied.
“Why don’t you let Aaron have a few days with us, give you a break? We know you gotta start getting the preparations done for the Visa again.” Her Dad suggested.
“Don’t worry. We won’t be going anywhere. We want to spend time with Aaron before the move.” Her Mum added.
“Oh yeah, forgot about that.” Sarah mentioned quietly.

Sarah, home alone for the first time since Aaron was born, didn’t know what to do with herself. The place was clean and didn’t have Aaron around her. The only thing she could think of doing was make a start on the washing.

With the washing on the go, Sarah sat down and went through the mail that had arrived while she was gone, thinking she should she call Nick. She wondered if he had arrived in LA and would it be safe for her to call him. She heard the voice messages that he had left on her mobile and her home phone. She decided to. He would either answer or it would go to voicemail.

“Hello.” Nick said.
“Hey its me.” Sarah replied.
“Get back alright?” Nick asked.
“Yeah, Aaron is at Mum and Dad’s for a few days. Suggested that he stay there for a few days. Gotta get things ready for the visa application. How you doing?” Sarah replied, getting up to go to the fridge to get a bottle of water.
“Yeah doing alright. I only got back home a few hours ago. The guys don’t know I’m back. I just got a cab.” Nick sighed.
“It won’t be long now. We have gone this far.” Sarah reminded him.
“True. You know how you and I were the other night, before Aaron’s birthday?” Nick asked.
“Yeah, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it.” She replied sighing remembering it all over again.
“Neither can I. I swear, when we are all together for good, there will be many days like that. Just the 3 of us.” Nick assured her.
“Can’t wait. When ya going back into the studio?” She asked changing subject not wanting to get the both of them upset again.
“Monday. I’m hanging with Aaron and the girls later on. Spend time with them, our only free time off.” Nick laughed.
“Be good for all of ya.” She commented.
“Yeah, we haven’t all seen each other for a while. I hang out more with Aaron and Angel as they are in LA more. Aaron’s got a show later in the week so the guys and I are going to that, only Aaron don’t know. Only knows I am going.” Nick said.
“Secret is safe with me. Speaking of Aaron, tell your brother to call his nephew! He hasn’t called for a bit.” Sarah joked.
“I’ll do one better. Tomorrow, I will grab his phone and program it in to call ya. When does Aaron get back from your Mom’s? Nick asked.
“Ah, probably Tuesday. Maybe earlier. Depends how bad I miss him.” Sarah replied.
“Knowing you, it will be by lunchtime. You two are inseparable.” Nick laughed.
“Probably.” Sarah laughed.
“You know I was going to ask something the other day but I never got around to it. Aaron interrupted us.” Nick said.
“What?” Sarah asked.
“I don’t wanna over the phone. I wanted to do it in person. It’s not gonna sound right.” Nick replied.
“What about doing web cam? That do?” Sarah suggested.
“Suppose so. Just getting onto the computer now for ya.” Nick replied.
“Me too. Going into my room.” Sarah added.
“What do ya know? I’m going in my room too.” Nick joked.
“We been bad?” Sarah laughed.
“Oh very bad. Very bad.” Nick cracked up laughing.

Within a few minutes we had gotten off the phone and we were on webcam with each other.
“So what was it that you wanted to ask me before we were interrupted by our kid.” Sarah asked sitting curled up on her bed, the laptop in front of her.
“Nice bed!” Nick commented.
“Thanks, it is nice. Be even better if you were in it with me.” Sarah giggled.
“What about mine? Mine’s bigger!” Nick laughed scanning the camera around his king size bed, the ocean themed doona cover set.
“Rub it in!” Sarah joked.
“Hey, you had the choice of wanting one too! Don’t knock it back!” Nick laughed.
“It only looks better because you are on it.” Sarah laughed.
“Haha.” Nick laughed back.

“So where were we?” Sarah asked.
“Ah, yeah. I was wondering, when you and Aaron come out here, do you ah, wanna get married? You know be a Carter.” Nick casually asked her. Sarah remained speechless. Only in her dreams would she be Mrs Nick Carter. Back when she was a teenager.
“You serious?” Sarah squealed.
“This serious enough?” Nick replied leaning over to his side table and opening a small box and showing the ring.
“Oh my god. Nick it’s beautiful. Yes. Yes I will marry you.” Sarah replied in delight. For some reason the next thing she saw Nick do was grab the phone, not knowing what he was going to do...He was calling her.
Chapter 7 by Ozbsbgirl
After a three and half year battle, Nick, Sarah and Aaron would be living together forever. Sarah’s Mum came over for the flight and to help settle Aaron into their new home in Los Angeles, living with Nick. Her family gave her and Aaron a send off the day before. Sarah, her Mum and Aaron were flying out to Los Angeles early the following morning and thought having a night party going into the small hours would help the flight be easy for all of them seeing as it was a long flight.

The guys were rehearsing for their tour when Sarah, Melanie (Sarah’s Mum) and Aaron arrived so Nick arranged to have Q, Nick’s bodyguard meet them at the airport. This was all their first time travelling overseas and were a bit lost when arriving in Los Angeles. A further two hours in customs and collecting their baggage and they were out the doors. On American soil. Q informed them they would be at the rehearsal studio in about half an hour give or take. Melanie sat in the backseat with Aaron pointing to things for Aaron to look at, Sarah trying to remain calm. “He’s just as bad.” Q laughed to Sarah trying to calm her down.

Arriving at the dance studio where they all were, Sarah became excited. She didn’t want to just walk on in. She wanted to see Nick and the boys rehearsing before she made an appearance. But that didn’t go according to plan. Aaron heard Nick singing and he ran on in.

Nick scooped Aaron into his arms hugging him tight, giving him heaps and kisses when Sarah walked into the room, Melanie not far behind standing in the corner to be out of the way for this reunion.
“Hey.” Nick said to Sarah.
“Hey you.” Sarah replied kissing Nick, for the first time in such a long time.
“Daddy dance?” Aaron spoke up interrupting the two of them.
“Yeah Daddy dance?” AJ spoke up. Nick and Sarah laughing uncontrollably.
“What?” Brian asked coming up to them, hugging Sarah.
“Oh man, Rok, why didn’t you tell me you gotta lock the kids up when ya wanna smooch ya woman?” Nick whined.
“Hey, you didn’t ask me or anything. Besides, I wanted you to find out for yourself. Right D?” Brian laughed looking at Howie.
“Yup. Once they are here, no love life.” Howie spoke up. Brian, AJ and Howie all hugged Melanie, Sarah and Aaron before Nick took Sarah by the hand.

“Remember a few months ago? Just after you got back from Queensland and I asked you something.” Nick asked Sarah. Sarah couldn’t believe that he had kept this a secret.
“Yes.” Sarah replied looking into Nick’s eyes, watching him bend down on one knee, a hand going into his pocket to get something.
“Do you still mean that? Will you marry me?” Nick proposed opening the box.
“Yes. I will still marry you.” Sarah replied in between her tears. It felt more real as Nick put the ring on Sarah’s finger.
After all the congratulations, Howie broke things up. “Aaron, what you say about doing some Back hey?” Howie asked Aaron who knew could do the Backstreet’s Back dance, Aaron only able to say Back.

Nick took Aaron’s hand and had him next to him, the guys behind them as the music started for ‘Backstreet’s Back’. Sarah and her Mum stood in the corner watching this. After a few hours, Q drove Melanie and Sarah back to Nick’s place, leaving Nick and Aaron to spend time with the guys.
“He won’t be much trouble?” Sarah asked Q as they were on their way to Nick’s place.
“Nah, remember Nick is in there. Trouble all the time.” Q laughed.

When Nick and Aaron returned later that day around 7pm, Nick’s brother Aaron and his sisters were there. Nick and Sarah knew that Aaron’s sleep patterns would be out of whack because of the excitement and the time zone difference. One of the reasons why Melanie was here.

Nick’s brother and sisters all fell in love with Aaron all over again. Aaron enjoying all the attention. Leslie and Angel kept looking at my engagement ring. “We knew about it. He dragged me outta the studio to come shopping. Wanted a chick’s opinion.” Leslie laughed.
“That wouldn’t surprise me.” Sarah laughed.

A few days later once things had calmed down and Aaron was settling into his new routine, realising that Daddy was coming home each night, plans were being made. Nick had scored tickets to a Tampa Bucs football game. The tour was going to start in America going to every state and had plans for most of them. Everything was becoming perfect.
Chapter 8 by Ozbsbgirl
By the time the tour started 3 weeks later, Melanie had gone back home to Australia, leaving Sarah and Nick alone, adjusting to their life. The world knew of Sarah and Aaron and they publically announced their engagement. Preparing for the tour, Leighanne and Leigh helped her with everything that needed to be done.

With touring around the US with Backstreet Boys Nick showed Sarah all the best places to go. Sarah never knew the United States like this before. After the tour in the US finished, 3 months of touring, Nick and Sarah got married, with Sarah’s family, Nick’s family and the rest of the band and family.

“Now, Love won’t keep me up all night.” Nick laughed as we had our first dance as husband and wife.
“Oh boy.” Sarah laughed rolling her eyes.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9856