America - Backstreet Boys Style by Ozbsbgirl
Summary: Denise arrives in the United States of America after a 5 year long battle to live with her boyfriend Nick Carter. Between him, AJ McLean, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell and their families and loved ones, she experiences life in America the first time, good and bad......
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No Word count: 17849 Read: 24464 Published: 10/23/09 Updated: 11/29/09

1. Chapter 1 by Ozbsbgirl

2. Chapter 2 by Ozbsbgirl

3. Chapter 3 by Ozbsbgirl

4. Chapter 4 by Ozbsbgirl

5. Chapter 5 by Ozbsbgirl

6. Chapter 6 by Ozbsbgirl

7. Chapter 7 by Ozbsbgirl

8. Chapter 8 by Ozbsbgirl

9. Chapter 9 by Ozbsbgirl

10. Chapter 10 by Ozbsbgirl

11. Chapter 11 by Ozbsbgirl

12. Chapter 12 by Ozbsbgirl

13. Chapter 13 by Ozbsbgirl

14. Chapter 14 by Ozbsbgirl

Chapter 1 by Ozbsbgirl
It should have been a simple 17 hour flight from Melbourne, Australia to Los Angeles but it ended up being a long 24 hour flight with delays in Australia and having to stop in Asia for aircraft damage. All Denise wanted to do was land in Los Angeles and be in the arms of her lover, her boyfriend Nick Carter. Denise was moving from Australia to the United States after a 5 year battle from all angles. Finances, governments, family, friends. Denise started to send things over to the US and told Nick to leave everything until she arrived and just store it at his place.

When she landed at Los Angeles, she almost kissed the ground thanking herself for being on the ground. She turned on her phone to notify Nick she had arrived. Naturally his phone was switched off or he was on the phone. She left a voice message for him and when she hung up, discovered she had a voice mail. Nick.
“Babe, I would be there to meet ya and all but the guys and I are stuck in the studio. Blame Howie on this. He didn’t like how we all sounded on this one song and he wants us to do it again. I got a car waiting for ya when you get out. You can come straight to the studio or you can head to our place. Hehe that sounds funny, our place. C ya!” He said.
“Great, he’s not even here. Another let down.” She said to herself. After spending about 2 hours in customs, officials questioning her moving here because she was marrying Nick Carter and everything, she was free. Pushing the trolley of her luggage, she smiled. “I’m here.” She sighed.
Marcus, one of the boys bodyguards was there to meet her.
“Welcome to America. Land of the crazy.” He said.
“Thanks! Sorry about the delays and all.” Denise apologised.
“That’s LAX for ya. We’re used to it.” He laughed and he took her trolley and began to walk out to the car park.
“Nick still cooped up?” Denise asked.
“Yup, he ain’t liking it. He wants to be out there in the sun and all.” Marcus laughed as they approached the car.
“Hey you. So much for us guys standing you girls up.” Nick spoke as the car door opened and Nick got out.
“Nick!” She whined hitting him on the arm laughing and they hugged.

As Marcus drove back to the studio, Nick was allowed a break to go and meet Denise, Denise got used to being on the other side of the road while she and Nick talked.
“Oh yeah, you ain’t been on the other side of the road before have you?” Nick remembered.
“No.” She replied not wanting to look at the roads.
“Well babe, you gotta get used to it. Ya in America now. Everything’s reversed.” He laughed.
“Can’t you guys be in Europe or something?” She whined.
“That’s in what a couple of months or something.” He replied.

When they arrived at the studio, Marcus went on to their place to drop off Denise’s bags and come back to the studio. After they finished the song at the studio, Denise was going to join Nick, Brian, Brian’s wife Leighanne, Howie and his wife Leigh, AJ and his girlfriend Rebecca. Denise had never been to the United States and everything so simple was fascinating.

Denise managed to get a job at a radio station as a correspondent relaying information to fellow Australian’s around the US and was a correspondent for TV and radio to Australian TV shows after applying to Los Angeles TV and radio stations. She wasn’t meant to start work Monday, a whole week to adjust herself to American life.

As she walked into the studio, behind Nick she was given a surprise. The guys had decorated the studio with Australian flags, both of the boxing kangaroo and the actual Australian flag, green and yellow streamers, Australian food and a bit of music in the background.
“G’Day Mate!” AJ tried to say in an Australian accent that sounded British.
“Oh wow. This is fantastic.” Denise exclaimed shocked looking around.
“Good liars aren’t we?” Nick laughed, putting his arms around her waist, leaning down to kiss the left side of her neck.
“Yeah...too good.” She laughed.
“This is only just for this afternoon. Tonight you start becoming American.” Howie reminded her as she was getting hugs from him, Brian and AJ.
“No matter how much you brainwash me, I will always be Aussie. I will bring out the Aussie in you all.” Denise replied.
“Yeah whatever.” Brian laughed.

Arriving at Farmer Boys restaurant, just outside downtown Los Angeles, Leighanne, Rebecca and Leigh were there waiting for Denise and the guys to turn up. “Now you become American now.” AJ joked with Denise.
“To make things a whole lot easier for ya, we already pre ordered everything on the menu.” Brian said to Denise.
“Brian, you didn’t!” Leighanne shrieked at him.
“We did.” He laughed.
“We’ll eat it.” AJ piped up.
“We? Define we?” Rebecca asked him.
“Me and Nick of course. Howie maybe.” AJ laughed.
“Hey, no way dude. I’m outta this one.” Nick said as the waitress started to bring some of the food out.
“Now you have to have a French Fry. American’s do it best.” Howie told Denise as he gave her some fries. Throughout the night Denise tried almost everything.
“Good thing the airline food sucked and didn’t eat anything.” Denise laughed.
“Airline food often does. Reason why we sleep on long flights.” Howie replied.
“I thought that top chefs prepared meals on some flights?” Nick asked.
“In dreamland dude.” AJ told him.
“Actually, Nick is right.” Denise defended Nick.
“What? Nick right?” Howie laughed.
“Hey! Watch it!” Nick retaliated back.
“When I was booking the flight to come here, I went onto one site and if you were like in business/first class whatever, one Aussie chef has created meals and all. I didn’t look more into it as I would never get in there and all but it is true.” Denise explained.
“Ah, D, hate to be one to tell you this, but when we all fly, we all fly first class.” AJ sighed, an arm around Denise.
“No one told me that! That wasn’t in the brochure!” Denise laughed, then everyone laughed. One by one they all left. Brian and Leighanne had to get back home to their son Baylee, same with Leigh and Howie, Rebecca had an early start the next morning at work.

“So here we are.” Nick sighed as he drove up the driveway, gates shutting past behind him.
“Oh my god! You told me it was big but this is HUGE!” Denise said.
“Oops! Did I forget to tell ya?” Nick laughed.
“If I had known, I would have brought more stuff.” Denise laughed.
“You know on how much you brought? A whole room full!” Nick asked joking.
“Gimme time to add my stuff and we’ll be right.” Denise laughed.
“Oh please no fancy stuff and all.” Nick groaned.
“Mean all that frilly stuff! Hell no! No way! That ain’t me.” She laughed as Nick opened the front door, Denise following him inside.
“Oh thank god!” Nick sighed of relief.
“You should know that I am not that kind of girl. Frills and all, ugh!” Denise laughed. Nick showed Denise around his place, starting on the downstairs area first, lounge room, dining room, kitchen, entertaining area, movie room, game room. Outside with the lights on from inside he showed her the backyard, basketball court, outdoor swimming pool. “Now the main part of the house.” He laughed.

Up the stairs, he pointed to his room opening the door, then did the same to Denise’s room next to it, boxes stacked up. Next to their bedrooms was another spare bedroom, Nick’s office in the far corner, a gym/workout room, the bathroom and another movie room with a smaller TV screen than the one downstairs which was like a cinema screen.
“All this for you! Really?” She asked Nick as they went back down the stairs again to go into the kitchen to get a drink.
“Yeah I know. I like my space. I can afford it so why not? Anyway, you are here now.” Nick replied, laughing towards the end.
“Yup. All here.” Denise sighed as she looked out to the Los Angeles skyline.
“You still awake are ya?” He asked.
“Yeah, I’m on Australian time. It’s like late afternoon/early evening.” Denise replied.
“That’s the thing when you arrive in a country and all. Ya time zone is outta whack.” Nick sighed as he stood next to Denise.
“Isn’t it true that when you arrive in the morning you stay up all day or something and go to sleep at night or whatever?” She asked him.
“Don’t ask me. I sleep when I’m told to sleep.” He replied. Denise eventually went to sleep. Nick went to bed not long after they talked and Denise went into her room to start unpacking. She got as far as opening the first box and she fell asleep.
Chapter 2 by Ozbsbgirl
When Denise woke up in the morning it was 10am, Nick was still there. He was in his office on the computer. “Hey you.” He said pulling back from the desk, Denise going round to him.
“Morning.” She replied as they kissed.
“We don’t have to be in the studio til like 12 so just doing stuff online for the websites.” Nick explained what he was doing.
“That’s cool. What you putting on?” She asked as she got the other chair in front of Nick and sat next to him. He had a few screens open. “Hehe, your like me.” Denise laughed.
“Check this out.” Nick said as he clicked on a screen. Up showed his twitter page saying that he couldn’t be any happier than he is right now. Great friends, loved ones, family, fans. All the messages he was getting back.
“Go on, shock a few fans.” Denise dared him.
“Should I?” He asked.
“Yeah, send twitter into over drive.” Denise laughed. Denise sat back and watched at Nick tweeted back to some fans. When Nick wasn’t looking, she went into her room and grabbed her phone and took of a photo of Nick at the computer and tweeted from her account telling people it is actually Nick tweeting back.
“D HELP ME!” Nick shouted from the office, Denise was just getting dressed.
“Ya on your own.” She called back laughing.
“It’s your fault!” He said.
“I suggested it.” Denise laughed.
“I had no choice, you dared me. I didn’t want to be a chicken or whatever.” Nick replied as she walked into the office.
“Whatever. Anyway, it’s nearly 11.30.” Denise replied.
“Yikes, gotta go. We’ll just be organising dates and budgets for the upcoming tour. I’ll be home around 8ish or something all going well.” Nick told her.
“It’s cool. I will be just unpacking and all. Start getting prepped for Monday.” Denise replied.
“No worries. Ya know where everything is and all. Remember this is your place too.” Nick said.
“I know.” She replied. Nick got up from his chair, shared a kiss and he left.

When Nick left and made sure he was gone, she ran around the house screaming, and then jumping on her bed and screaming. Not believing this was happening. She found her iPod and connected it up to the dock that was beside her bed and let it play. It had nothing but Backstreet Boys plus the guys solo music.

Moving around and unpacking her things, organising on where she would place things, she found boxes she had packed but totally forgot including the things she had when she was a teenager. Memorabilia, posters, photos, CD’s, music of the guys. She took a break and started to read some of it. Denise didn’t realise that the sun was going down. She got off the floor against the wall and she began sorting out her wardrobe. With the music blasting she put away her wardrobe, not realising she had an audience.

Nick just stood quietly at the edge of her door, leaning against the wall, quietly laughing. As ‘I Stand For You’ finished, Nick applauded her. Denise stopped and turned around.
“You weren’t meant to see that.” She laughed.
“Obviously!” Nick laughed back.
“What time is it?” She asked.
“After 9 or something. You must have had fun today.” Nick replied as Denise turned off the iPod and closing the blinds.
“Oh wow. Yeah, today was pretty good. Rediscovering what I have.” She replied shoving things on the floor.
“Like what? Gimme a look.” Nick said.
“I didn’t realise I had some of this packed, some of it is going in recycle.” Denise replied trying to get a book off Nick.
“Ah, what have we here...Fan fiction..Hehe, this should be funny.” Nick laughed.
“No, no way. That is off limits.” Denise laughed back trying to fight Nick for the book.
“What’s yours is mine and whats mine is yours. Now lemme see.” He said as he sat on the edge of the bed, Denise still begging and pleading, turning red by the second.
“Nick, please. I was a lovesick teenager, no life, nothing.” Denise whined.
“But aren’t you curious to see how lovesick you were?” Nick asked.
“No! As I said, I am going to get rid of this stuff.” She replied.
“Alright, ok, ok, BUT I wanna see what other stuff you have in here...Deal?” Nick compromised.

As they sorted through boxes and went through things, Nick laughed a few times, seeing things Denise collected over the years. “Oh man. What was I thinking!” He cracked up laughing as he saw read some interviews she had kept.

“Nick?” She asked him when she was putting CD’s on a shelf above her bed.
“Mmmm.” He replied reading some of the stuff.
“You haven’t heard from Aaron and your sisters have you?” Denise asked.
“Should I have?” Nick replied putting a folder back in the box he found it in and then sat on the edge of her bed.
“Take it you haven’t then.” She sighed.
“Doesn’t mean anything. We don’t call each other for a couple of days or so. Aaron and I. Angel well she knows where I am and we hook up when we’re in town, Leslie, well she’s um, Leslie, BJ she’s around.” Nick explained.
“Oh ok.” Denise replied as she got some more CD’s from the box.
“Hey, hey, come here.” Nick said as he took hold of Denise’s hand and she sat on his knees.
“It’s cool. Seriously.” Denise tried to say but Nick could sense she was lying.
“If you are wondering about you living here with me, don’t. I don’t have to answer to them. I only have to answer to me. They don’t know you like I know you. They don’t realise that we have been together on tour. And you know what they say when you are with someone on tour don’t ya?” Nick assured her.
“What?” She asked him.
“If you can put up with someone on tour, especially me for more than a week, it’s gonna be alright.” Nick replied. Denise smiled a bit.
“There, that my girl. Come on, I’m starving, I want food.” Nick said.

When they were downstairs, Nick showed Denise on the kitchen on how to work things.
“I didn’t know on how you were with our temperatures and all but I found a conversion thing for ya so it makes things easier for you for when you cook and all.” Nick told her.
“Ah, good ‘ol Celsius!” Denise sighed.
“It ain’t gonna be around for long. I thought it would be good for you to begin with so you don’t like undercook things or whatever.” Nick reminded her.
“I been learning, I been learning. You might be surprised.” Denise laughed.
“Aw man I did all this research and all for nothing!” Nick whined.
“You research?” Denise asked.
“Haha yeah I know, seems a lifetime since I did that. I was like what? 17?” Nick laughed as he was stripping fish making it into a stir fry, Denise preparing the vegetables to put in the wok which was slowly sizzling away.
“Haha funny!” Denise remarked.

“Hey, you wanna watch the game from earlier tonight? Bucs and Greenbay?” Nick asked as they got comfy in the lounge grabbing the TV remote.
“Bucs and Bay were playing today? Denise replied.
“I thought you would have watched it but didn’t want to tell me the score and all.” Nick laughed.
“I’m still on Australian time. I wanna be in LA time.” Denise whined moving her head backwards.
“Couple of days and you’ll be right.” He said putting a hand on her leg patting it.
“Hoping so.” She replied as they soon quietened down ready to watch the game.
Chapter 3 by Ozbsbgirl
Denise went to bed around midnight. She and Rebecca had plans to meet up. Rebecca was going to take Denise around Los Angeles and show her the sights and have a girls day out. Rebecca had the day off work.

“Ok, one place all girls should go to is Rodeo drive. A girl has to go to Rodeo Drive. Rodeo Drive is a woman’s heaven. “ Rebecca told her.
“I have always wanted to do the Pretty Woman thing.” Denise laughed.
“Let’s do it!” Rebecca said.
“What? Bec, I didn’t mean it like that! Just a small bit.” Denise replied.
“Ah, hello? Where are we? Rodeo Drive. Los Angeles. One has to shop big. Rodeo Drive expects you to shop big. Besides....AJ gave me his card. Well I have access to his card.” Bec stated.
“OMG! Bec, no, no way. I couldn’t!” Denise exclaimed.
“He insisted. He wants to get you all Americanised. If the boys didn’t have to work, they would be here. I have been given the duty to make you American.” Rebecca said.
“Well he never told me that.” Denise replied.
“Surprise! Welcome to LA and to AJ’s life.” She laughed.

Rebecca and Denise shopped all morning, the bags filling up in the car, having the time of their lives. Denise had never shopped so much or had so much fun shopping. “Ooooh, I know, have you got a black dress, plain, you know LBD?” Bec asked Denise.
“Nah, I’m more the jeans and shirt or pants and top kind of person.” Denise replied.
“This is an emergency...come on.” Rebecca said grabbing hold of Denise’s arm. “We gotta get LBD’s.” She added.
“Why?” Denise laughed as they walked across the road.
“Why? Oh my god. I can’t believe you asked why you needed a LBD! Every woman needs one. It’s essential. Besides, you know how much Nick loves them.” Rebecca explained as she moved closer to Denise so no one would hear what was being said.
“I just never needed the use for one. Times I have been with Nick it’s all been casual and all.” Denise replied.
“Well I can assure you, the dress I have planned for you, he’ll be wanting to rip it off ya.” Rebecca laughed.
“Bec!” Denise shrieked turning red.
“What? What did I say?” Bec asked. Denise said nothing.
“Nothing, nothing.” Denise replied quickly wanting the subject to change looking through the dresses in a shop on a rack. Bec stopped her.
“Don’t tell me....”Bec began to say.
“He’s cool with it.” Denise shrugged.
“Trust me, a guy is never ‘cool with it’ Just like us, they have needs to. Only they have more.” Bec replied quietly.
“I wanted it to be here in LA.” Denise said.
“And now you are here. Forget jetlag and crap. Tonight, you are gonna shock the hell outta him.” Bec told her. Within the hour, they had found the dress, Bec paid for it and then she was driving to the Beverly Hills Hotel Day Spa. Denise and Rebecca had waxes, massages, body wraps all afternoon and getting makeup done. Denise was being looked after head to toe.

By the time Denise and Rebecca had finished, it was 9pm, Alex had called and said he was heading home. “Do we know if Nick was heading straight home?” Rebecca asked winking at Denise while she was getting her nails done.
“Yeah he is, was going to get dinner for him and Denise and just chill out or something or other, he said.” AJ replied.
“No worries, be home soon.” Rebecca said and hung up.

“Yo, Aussie Chick, you here babe!” Nick called out when he got home opening the door. Nick always called Denise Aussie Chick. Denise was in her room waiting for him.
“Yeah I’m here.” Denise called back.
“Brought in dinner, couldn’t be bothered cooking, too late for me.” He said.
“It’s alright no worries.” She replied looking at herself in the mirror one more time and walking out.
“I got like a mixture of Japanese and Chinese. We ain’t had that together and...” Nick said stopping mid sentence looking at Denise.
“Hi.” Denise quietly said.
“You look hot!” Nick remarked, moving towards her to look at her more.
“Alright?” She asked.
“Alright! Ya one hot sexy woman.” Nick replied giving her a kiss.
“Thanks.” She replied.
“You want dinner or what?” He whispered in her ear.
“We could skip to dessert.” She suggested, putting her hands in his.
“Mmm, I think we can do that.” He grinned

Nick and Denise woke up watching the sunrise in Los Angeles. “Sweet or what?” He sighed.
“I know some places where there are better.” Denise replied.
“Oh yeah? Such as?” Nick asked as they sat up in his bed.
“Overlooking the oceans around the world.” Denise sighed.
“We’ll do that I promise you. We’ll start off here, then we’ll had down to Tampa, then to oh I don’t know, New York, cross over to London, then Paris...” Nick assured her.
“I’m just dreaming here.” Denise replied.
“Hey, who am I? Forget on who I am?” Nick asked putting his hands up in defence.
“No, course I haven’t. It would be great, just hope that it wouldn’t interfere with my work and all.” She replied.
“We have plenty of time. Could go down to Tampa one weekend, get you on the boat, get you out in the middle of nowhere. No one to disturb us.” He said giggling kissing her.
“That would be great.” She murmured enjoying Nick kissing her.

Once Nick had gone to the studio to meet up with the guys, Denise started to completely finish unpacking her things. She only had a couple of more days to completely get settled before she started work. On the weekend Nick and Denise along with AJ were going to go to the football game. Friday night after Nick finished at the studio, he and Denise were going to the sports store to get Denise fitted out in Tampa Bay Buc’s gear, without AJ knowing. The Bucs were going to be playing Denver Broncos in a special match outside of their respective towns.

“Now I don’t know what it’s like for your crazy football in Australia but for fans here for our awesome football, everyone needs a jersey, baseball cap, jacket, and those foam hands.” He said as they walked into Foot Locker.
“Excuse me....Our football is not crazy. Aussie Rules does not have padding, maybe a cushioned helmet for some players but we tackle and all just as bad and we don’t require all the protection.” Denise told him.
“Our football, our players have muscles.” He added.
“Our football, our players don’t need to be all muscley. Our players can jump in the air. Our players run around all around the ground. Very rare do all your players get more than a few meters.” Denise laughed as they got to the NFL gear.
“Muscley? That is so not a word!” He laughed.
“Well I’m calling it a word.” Denise stated.
“It’s not a word. You look it up.” Nick replied.
“I’m not going to. It’s my prerogative.” Denise told Nick.
“Whatever!” He sighed and found a Bucs Jersey. “Here.” He said handing her a jersey and walking off to find a jacket.

Two hours later after they found things, went around the store and tried different equipment, having photos with fans, they walked out the store laughing. Waiting outside the store was AJ.
“Well, well. We have we got here hmm?” He asked trying to peer into the bags.
“Never you mind man. We just did some shopping, getting D set up for the sports season and just mucked around.” Nick laughed.
“He bought you Bucs?” AJ asked Denise nodding knowing full too well that it was true.
“We aren’t saying anything. Are we?” Denise replied as she looked up at Nick.
“I’m training her well!” Nick laughed.
“Oh no you aren’t training me. I’m my own woman. I’m no ones woman.” Denise replied.
“I think you better have a talk with her.” AJ joked.
“Don’t worry I will man, I will.” Nick laughed putting an arm around Denise’s shoulders, pecking her on the cheek.
“Where’s Bec?” Denise asked changing subject.
“She’s been stuck at work. Got some big deadline for the new fashion season. She was rambling going a million miles an hour, when she’s in that mood, you don’t ask questions. I’ll be going in around midnight and seeing how she’s going.” AJ replied.
“Yeah I know from experience.” Nick added.
“Oh yeah! Still getting over it?” AJ asked.
“Getting there.” Nick laughed.
“What happened?” Denise asked.
“It was heading towards Christmas, year before and Nick had to drop something off for Bec. I was outta town or something. Nick went in to drop whatever it was and Bec barked at him, not realising that it was Nick.” AJ replied.
“Oh my god!” Denise shrieked laughing.
“I made Bec pay me back big time.” Nick said.
“Why doesn’t that surprise me?” Denise replied.
“Say, what you say we get some dinner down by the beach?” AJ suggested.

“Awww AJ ya making me miss Australia more!” Denise whined as they sat on the sand at Venice Beach as they ate dinner.
“Why?” AJ mimicked whining.
“When one goes to the beach they have fish n chips.” Denise replied.
“Fish n what?” Nick asked confused.
“Ok, translation. Fries. England may do it and all but Aussies do it better. Just need to avoid the fish from being too greasy. Ugh!” Denise replied.
“Sounds fishy to me.” AJ laughed.
“Ok, how’s this...when you decide to see Australia next, I will make sure that there is a day free or even a few hours where we all go to the beach. Have fish n chips. Aussie tradition.” Denise said.
“I think you better talk to Jen about that. She may be cool but she can be a meanie at times.” AJ replied.
“Nah! Jen’s cool. Much better than other ones.” Denise said.
“True but when she’s ya boss, watch out!” Nick replied making a whipping sound and movement.

Nick and Denise left around 11.30pm, as AJ was leaving to go and see Bec and calm her down. “So, how ya liking Yankee land?” Nick asked as he drove home.
“Loving it. I don’t want it to end. I’ve only been here a few days. I wanna see so much. Do everything all at once.” She replied.
“You’ll do them. By hanging with us, you’ll do them. We’ll let you hang around.” Nick assured her.
“Oh you will, will you?” She joked.
“Yep...Aw man, I just realised something.” Nick replied.
“What?” Denise asked.
“You haven’t driven here in LA yet. You haven’t driven on American roads.” Nick replied.
“And?” She asked.
“And you start work on Monday. You don’t even know where you are working.” He replied.
“I can catch a cab or something.” Denise suggested.
“I can see who is free Monday morning. We’re flying out Sunday afternoon for stuff in New York Monday morning.” Nick replied.
“Hello? I can catch a cab.” Denise repeated.
“No, no cabs...Don’t worry. I’ll work something out. Next weekend we aren’t working or whatever. We’ll go out on the roads and all. Get you used to it.” Nick said.
“Not downtown Los Angeles.” Denise begged.
“Trust me on this one. It will be alright.” Nick replied.
Chapter 4 by Ozbsbgirl
Monday morning, Denise was ready for work waiting for Leighanne to pick her up. She was going to take Denise to work on the way to take Baylee shopping for a costume.
“Nick going to take you out on the roads on the weekend.” Leighanne giggled.
“Yeah...why?” Denise asked.
“Oh hun, Nick is fantastic but as for him helping you drive here, he ain’t that good. I’ll get Brian to help ya. “Leighanne replied.
“I don’t want to put anyone out. I feel bad for you doing this today.” Denise said.
“You aren’t putting anyone out. Tomorrow after you finish work, the boys will be home and Brian will pick you up and go from there. No if’s and but’s.” Leighanne insisted.
“Me come too.” Baylee piped up from the back.
“Not this time. Anyway besides you have class when Denise finishes work.” Leighanne replied.
“Another time alright kiddo?” Denise suggested to Baylee turning her around to him.
“Ok.” Baylee replied smiling.

Arriving at AMP 91.1 FM Radio Denise took a deep breath. She was only going to be on air for about half an hour but had to research and do all the preparations, meetings. Denise was given a tour of the building, met some of the staff, and was given a run down on how things were done here. The radio station were aware that around 2pm that Denise had to go to Burbank for her live cross to Australia for the broadcast to be at 9am, 3pm Los Angeles time. 4.30pm was air time.

The first day for both TV and radio broadcasts, Denise was going to have it as an open show, letting people she was around, who she was, etc. Both broadcasters were happy with that. Denise wanted to connect to people.

“G’Day Yankee Land. Denise Anderson here. From now on Monday to Friday at this time I will be hitting the airwaves to give all Aussie people out there a touch to keep them in touch with home a bit more. You will feel like ya back home. Not only news from home but Aussie music and much more.” Denise announced when she went to air. She went on to mention some of the news that was going back home. Sports especially with the cricket on at the moment, the Australian Open. Before she went off air she did confirm that she was dating Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys and saying that everyone was welcome to email, tweet her with suggestions or anything to say anytime.

When Denise walked out the radio station, Leighanne and Baylee were there to greet her.
“Congratulations!” Leighanne cheered.
“Thanks.” Denise replied smiling.
“You were awesome!” Baylee told her as he hugged her.
“Thanks sweetie.” Denise told him.
“Get your first day nerves over with?” Leighanne asked as she drove Denise home.
“I lost count how many times I was going to be sick. My stomach churned so many times. I felt more nervous on US radio than back when I first started in radio back home.” Denise replied.
“Probably because this is the US. More people listen to stuff and all.” Leighanne suggested.
“True, very true.” Denise laughed.

Home, Denise relaxed on her bed before starting to think of cooking dinner for herself. She had been in the United States for one week and was still coming to terms with things to what her life was like just a couple of weeks ago. She decided to cook her favourite meal and it was by chance that all the ingredients were in the kitchen for her.

Sitting at the kitchen table, her laptop in front of her eating dinner she decided to see the radio shows twitter account. A tweet from the guys, and then their personal accounts congratulating her for a excellent debut on the radio show. Brian added a tweet saying that Nick had downloaded it and was listening to it over and over again.

After dinner and she tidied up from cooking, Denise decided to totally finish working on her unpacking and finalise things. There were still some things were unpacked and she decided to do it tonight and feel completely settled in. Putting out the final box to recycle, Aaron drove in the driveway. “Hi.” He said as he got out of the car. Denise for some reason began to feel nervous even though she had no reason to feel nervous. She didn’t need to be nervous.

“Hi. How are you?” Denise asked as they walked inside together.
“Yeah good and you?” Aaron replied.
“Yeah same, getting there.” Denise said, lightly chuckling.
“Adjusting to everything in reverse?” He asked.
“Yeah, just gotta get the hang on driving.” Denise replied.
“Just don’t let Nick take you out on the road. Whatever you do. Angel, Leslie, BJ and I can tell you from personal experience.” He warned her.
“Thanks for the tip. When I finish work tomorrow night, Brian is gonna help me.” Denise replied.
“He’ll be good.” Aaron remarked.
“You had dinner?” Denise asked.
“Yeah I grabbed something earlier on. In this biz, you eat when you can. Anyway, I came here to see you.” Aaron replied.
“Oh.” Denise remarked.

“I just wanted to personally apologise to you for being a dickhead on how I’ve been towards you.” Aaron apologised.
“It’s understandable. You were looking out for your brother.” Denise replied before Aaron cut in.
“It’s not. I have known you for a few years now and I should know. I should know you wouldn’t be wanting to use Nick and the fellas. I know you are honest and you are making your own way in life.” Aaron cut in.
“It’s ok. Really it is.” Denise assured him.
“I just look out for him because he’s been through shit and he’s been there for me and all. For all of us. I just want Nick to be happy.” Aaron continued.
“I know all that. I have no intentions of hurting Nick. I have no intentions in hurting anyone.” Denise replied.
“Just letting you know that Nick didn’t put me up to this or anything. He doesn’t know I am here or whatever.” Aaron wanted to make the point across.
“Did I ask that?” Denise laughed.
“Just checking.” He replied laughing.
“We cool?” Denise asked.
“We’re cool.” Aaron smiled as he came over and hugged her. For the next hour she and Aaron played on the Playstation.
“Now, I can teach you this. Nick don’t know it but I am getting better at him. I’ll give you some tips and you can take the glory. No need to mention me at all.” Aaron told her.
Chapter 5 by Ozbsbgirl
Following afternoon Denise started her first TV cross. She felt even more nervous because she was going to be seen on live TV. Something being in the US did something to her being nervous. Fortunately the TV show she would be reporting for, she had already worked with them before.

“How’s life in Yankee land?” Kylie one of the hosts asked.
“It is unbelievable! I am still coming down to earth. The littlest things make me crack up laughing so much.” Denise replied.
“Have you driven on the roads?” Larry asked, the other host.
“I haven’t driven them myself but I will be out there. I am going to be given my first lesson. I am more nervous than when I first started to drive when I got my L’s.” Denise laughed.
“Are you getting used to all the different words and all?” Kylie asked.
“Getting there. The people I spend time with, we get lost in translation sometimes but we laugh about it.” Denise replied.
“Ah, do I have it on good authority you are living with a certain hotty?” Larry asked.
“Haha, yes. I am living with Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys. “Denise replied.
“You have been dating for a while now haven’t you?” Kylie asked.
“Yes a few years now and loving it. We couldn’t be happier.” Denise smiled.
“All the fans would want to know what’s it like living with a Backstreet Boy?” Larry asked.
“Interesting. That’s all I’m gonna say on that.” Denise replied laughing.
“Are you giving them the push to come down here?” Kylie asked.
“Oh definitely. Give me an excuse to come home.” Denise replied.
“So, getting back to you being in the US...why you there?” Larry laughed getting back on topic.
“Well I am here being a Aussie correspondent for the US and vice versa with you. I have radio show which I started yesterday in Los Angeles and it’s only half an hour at this stage. On here I will be informing you of the entertainment news from an Aussie perspective. For my radio show I will letting listeners in on what is happening back home.” Denise explained.
“Sounds like a dream job.” Kylie commented.
“So far it is yeah. Just don’t ask me at like 3am in the morning or whatever.” Denise laughed.

After the TV appearance, Denise was driven back to the radio station just in time for her to start her broadcast on the radio. She read some of the feedback she had received but went on to continue about the reason why she was there. Mention news that had been happening in Australia. She had mentioned about the bushfires exactly where abouts they were, the politics that were happening outside of Canberra, amusing things that had been happening and then the sports, mainly basketball, tennis and cricket. As Denise was going off air, she reminded everyone that they could go to the Country Fire Authority website and gave the website if they wanted to.

Coming out of the radio station, Brian met her downstairs in the car park underneath the station, leaning against the car on the drivers side. “Ready?” He asked throwing her the keys to Denise.
“Question is, are you ready?” Denise replied laughing as they briefly hugged and Brian got into the passenger side of the car.

“At least you know how to drive. In about 10 more years I’ll be teaching Baylee. Oh Lord!” Brian laughed.
“Oh gee, that’s not far away.” Denise reminded him.
“I’m getting old!” He remarked.
“Nah, you aint getting old.” She laughed as she turned on the engine. She drove around the car park a few times to get the feel of driving around on the opposite side before venturing out onto the main road. He guided her on the way back to her and Nick’s place and gave her plenty of notice to turn and what kind of roads they would be. When Denise drove in the driveway at home, Nick was out in the driveway getting a couple of things out of his car. He moved to lean against the garage door to try and not let Denise hit him.

“Ya know, for an Aussie she didn’t do too bad.” Brian remarked when they got out of the car and Denise gave the keys back to Brian.
“Aw come on, I think I did pretty well.” Denise replied.
“Think you know the way to work now?” Nick asked her.
“One more run and I should be right.” Denise told him.
“One more run hey?” Nick remarked looking at Brian.
“Yes...what’s going on you two?” Denise asked them looking at the both of them knowing that something was up.
“I’ll catch ya later you two.” Brian laughed as he got back in his car.
“Thanks for today. Owe ya.” Denise replied.
“Hold ya to that.” Brian said.

“Wanna do another?” Nick asked after they saw Brian drive off.
“You gonna let me behind the wheel of your car? You don’t even let Brian behind the wheel.” Denise replied.
“Who said anything about my car?” Nick asked as he turned around and lifted the 2nd garage door. “What about your car?” He added.
“WHAT!” Denise squealed looking at the black Mercedes facing her.
“Well ya gonna need to drive yourself to work don’t ya?” He said.
“Nick! Oh my god! Thankyou! Thank you!” She repeated over and over hugging him.
“Well come on already.” He said giving her the keys.

They drove around Los Angeles, including Rodeo Drive for a couple of hours before they headed back home. Nick had some work to do before going into the studio next morning. Denise was cooking dinner while Nick was making a start on the paperwork for the morning, when her phone rang. “Hello.” She answered.
“Denise, its Adam here in Sydney. We need you to get down to Rodeo Drive as soon as you can. We know you are the closest to get down there. We can’t reach anyone else. We are getting unconfirmed reports of a hostage siege in Rodeo Drive at this moment. We have a crew team coming to pick you up. Can you do this?” Adam, one of the producers in Sydney, Australia asked.
“Um, yeah sure. I was only driving past there about just over half an hour ago.” Denise replied.
“Sounds as though this happened not long after you left. The crew will fill you in on your way there. Thanks for doing this.” Adam said.
Chapter 6 by Ozbsbgirl
Within half an hour of the phone call, Denise was being connected back to Sydney for the latest on the siege. “Denise, what can you tell us where you are now?” Chris the journalist back in Sydney asked.
“Well Chris, there is definitely a siege at a Bridal shop just about 500 metres behind me here. From what we have been able to confirm and believe, a woman has come in and started harassing the staff about spending several thousand dollars on a dress that was not made correctly and not being fixed right. There have been gun shots fired since we have arrived. Unable to determine if anyone is injured. Authorities not informing us.” Denise explained.
“Do you know anything about the security of the store?” Chris asked.
“From talking to some locals while waiting to come on air and the crew here, it’s tight security here. Where you think there aren’t any cameras, there are. We do know that some cameras have been shot at to try and avoid anyone seeing anything of what is going on inside but for security reasons, Police aren’t letting the public know where these cameras are.” Denise replied.
“How many hostages are there?” Chris asked.
“We believe there are 5 trapped inside. The manager, sales assistant and 3 customers. That’s all we know.” Denise replied.
“Alright. What we’ll do is, come back to you if there are any more further developments. Take care.” Chris said.
“No worries.” Denise replied and nodded.

Denise went back in the van waiting on more developments on the siege. It was at least another hour before there was some movement at the store, more gun shots fired. The SWAT team was there and were ready to go in when it was safe. Denise started to feel uneasy with things but the crew she was with assured her that her safety was the most important thing. “If we become in any danger, we’re outta here. We don’t do no hero stuff.” Johnny the cameraman told her.

Around midnight, the SWAT team moved in. It had been about 4 hours since the siege began and gunshots were continuously being fired in the store. Police thought it was a deterrent but it was real gun shots from the equipment they had used. Nick had called a couple of times but she had to tell Nick she couldn’t talk and she would call him soon as she could. She had to keep her phone free in case of anything came through on her phone. The woman had shot all hostages and was shot down by the SWAT team for fear they would be targeted, in defence.

The crew drove Denise home around 1am. Nick was at the front door waiting impatiently for her, with worry. When Denise was walking up the steps, Nick opened the door. “She’s finally home now AJ. Just walking in the door now and in my arms now as I speak.” Nick said into the phone.
“Hey AJ.” Denise sighed leaning on Nick. Nick and AJ spoke for a couple of minutes before Nick got off the phone.
“You bed now.” He told her.
“I wanna have some dinner first. I never got to have dinner.” Denise replied about to walk into the kitchen.
“I’ll bring it up to you. Had a hell of a night, you upstairs now.” Nick ordered her too.
“I’m fine Nick. Just tired that’s all.” She replied as she let go of Nick’s arm who was trying to get her upstairs.
“Alright, but let me do it alright.” Nick sighed giving in.
“Don’t forget, I’m a Taurus...I’m a bull...stubborn.” Denise reminded him as they walked in the kitchen, Denise sitting at the kitchen bench while Nick went into the fridge and made her a sandwich.
“Don’t remind me.” Nick laughed.
“Hey, you’re the one that wanted to go out with me. You knew I was a Taurus. You met me on my birthday.” Denise reminded him.
“Gee that seems a lifetime ago.” He sighed as he was making the sandwich.
“Lifetime! To me it seems like yesterday.” Denise remarked.
“Oh for you it would.” He replied.

At the radio station Denise was giving the DJ’s the low down of the siege in Rodeo Drive last night and was being interviewed about it in between working on her shows for that afternoon. She talked briefly about the siege on both shows but moved onto other topics.

When she finished Friday afternoon and went home, Nick was there bags packed. “Where you off to?” She asked shocked.
“WE are going outta town for the weekend. No work, nothing. Leaving tonight, back here Monday morning in time for us to go to work on Monday. You have 20 minutes to pack your bag.” Nick replied.
“Where are WE going?” She asked.
“It’s a surprise.” He replied.
“Well I need to know what to pack.” Denise told him.
“Ah, casual, a little warmer than LA weather.” Nick replied laughing.
“I’ll get you!” Denise laughing running up to her bedroom and packing her bag.

Arriving at Los Angeles airport, Denise followed Nick through all the crowds to the US Airways terminal. “Vegas alright with ya?” Nick said.
“Vegas! Alright with me...sure.” Denise replied smiling as they stood in line for check in. Both on their phones tweeting people.
“Hey, get closer.” Nick said as he pulled her close to her, his hand out taking a photo with them two.
“Any crazier and people would be asking questions.” Denise laughed.
“Vegas baby!” Nick replied.
Chapter 7 by Ozbsbgirl
Eventually arriving in Las Vegas, a man was waiting for them with a sign saying Carter. “This is us.” Nick said as they got their bags from the arrivals gate.
“This is us, this is us.” Denise jokingly sang.
“Mr Carter.” A man asked holding the sign.
“That’s me.” Nick replied.
“If you will just follow me.” The man said, wheeling the trolley of Nick and Denise’s bags on them.
“Nick...what’s going on?” Denise asked worried.
“You’ll see.” Nick replied as they followed behind the man. Soon as they walked out of the terminal doors the man had a door opened waiting for them to get inside the limousine. “Only one way to do Vegas.” He told Denise.

Denise and Nick in the back, Nick was taking his time glancing at the sights, looking at Denise who was turning her head sidewards. “Here.” He said as he pressed a button and the top of the car mirror opened. Denise stood up and put her head out. “Go on, I know you wanna.” Nick laughed.
“VEGAS BABY!” Denise screamed. Nick just laughed, enjoying this.

Arriving at the MGM Grand Hotel, Denise’s faced dropped. “Nick, you didn’t!” She exclaimed.
“When in Vegas you gotta do it right. Ya coming.” Nick asked as he began to walk ahead, wheeling his suitcase in behind him.

When they got to their hotel room, the first thing Denise did was go to the window and open the curtains. “You like?” Nick asked standing behind her.
“I like? Nick I love it. Thank you.” She replied unable to remove the smile from her face.
“This weekend, you and me. Oh and a bit of fun along the way if you want it.” He grinned.
“What you wanna do first?” Denise asked him.
“Well, downstairs at 9 there is a show on. I got us tickets. Think you might like them. I’ve heard about them but haven’t seen them and all.” Nick replied.
Half an hour later they were downstairs at a Human Nature concert. “While not as good as you, they are fantastic. We called them the Aussie Backstreet Boys.” Denise told him as they walked into the venue. After the show, Nick and Denise went on to the clubs and partied the night away until about 3am when they wanted to go back to their hotel room and spend the rest of the night together.

Waking up around 9am Saturday morning Denise laid there on her back looking up at the ceiling. She had been in the United States two weeks but it only felt like yesterday that she had arrived. Life was perfect. She was living with the really only decent human being she had known all of her life and she had people that adored her. Life couldn’t be great. Denise just laid there and smiled content with life.
“What you smiling at?” Nick asked waking up.
“Life.” Denise simply replied.
“Life?” Nick asked as they turned to their sides to face each other.
“Yeah life. I am just so happy. Fantastic job, fantastic life, fantastic friends....” Denise replied sighing.
“What about me?” Nick asked.
“Oh yeah and you as well.” She replied humorously.
“Oh yeah. I better change your mind then.” He laughed as he began to tickle her. Nick knew that she was ticklish and began tickling her most ticklish spots.
“Nick!” She screamed laughing.

Once they were up and dressed, Nick and Denise set out for their day. “Where we going?” She asked him when they left the lobby.
“You trust me?” Nick asked.
“I’m here aren’t I?” Denise laughed, Nick taking her hand. Nick took Denise to all the day time tourist attractions that he thought would interest her and like. He was right. They went to the Guinness World of Records Museum, Hard Rock Hotel, King Tut’s Tomb, Shark Reed at Mandalay Bay, The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat finally finishing at the Sega Gamesworks.

That night for dinner Nick and Denise started with dinner at Sushi Roku at Caesars Palace.
“This is where I always get my Sushi from when we are here. The best in Vegas. You had Sushi?” Nick asked her when they were seated and looking through the menu.
“Nope, this is a first.” Denise replied. Nick looked up from his menu.
“Wait, you have NEVER had sushi before.” Nick remarked shocked.
“Nope.” Denise replied.
“You seriously haven’t been with me enough! I dig the stuff. Ok, so let’s do the selection trial then. A bit of everything minus the wasabi.” Nick said. While they waited for the sushi, Nick tried to get his head around the fact that Denise had never had sushi.
“I was brought up with meat and grew up on the stuff and all. I’ve been tempted to try it but I chicken out.” She laughed.
“Well, this is a new life you have here. Once you try sushi you won’t go back.” Nick stated smiling at her.

After dinner, Denise and Nick walked around Caesars Palace before they went to Madame Tussaud’s and finally the Sirens of TI. To finish the night they went back to the MGM Grand and go to Casino and just walked around. When they came across the poker table, Denise let Nick play a few games of poker while she watched on.

Sunday morning Nick drove Denise to Lake Tahoe. Arriving around lunchtime they had a picnic lunch with the pine trees behind them. “This is so beautiful.” Denise marvelled as she overlooked the crystal clear water.
“Next time when we come here, we’ll go fishing and stuff like that. Fish here are awesome. Diving is pretty good too.” Nick replied.
“But nothing as good as they Keys right?” Denise asked.
“Oooh yeah baby! Nothing is as good as the keys. You will so love it there. Almost like Queensland islands and all.” Nick replied.
“You loved it up there didn’t you?” She commented.
“Yeah I did. I want to check it out next time. Be so awesome to go and actually dive there.” Nick replied.

Denise and Nick left for the airport around 5pm to get the 7pm flight back to Los Angeles. They would be back home by 10pm, at which stage Denise was almost asleep when they got into Howie’s car who was picking them up.
Chapter 8 by Ozbsbgirl
Back at work on Monday Denise got back into the groove of things again. In her morning meeting, Denise mentioned that her broadcast was going to be about the bushfires happening on the eastern side of Australia that was dominating the news back in Australia. “By doing this, this will give information to everyone. When bushfires hit Australia, it hits home and it becomes personal for everyone. People get misinformed from sources and I think by getting it from people who are in the situation, it will be better.” Denise explained.
“What is the situation there?” Gary, her manager asked.
“Catastrophic. This is one of the worst ones in the world. The government has declared basically two states natural disasters, reinforcements flying in from overseas, even as far as here in the US and the UK.” Denise replied.
“Really? That bad?” Mark, her technician assistant asked.
“Oh yeah. It’s incredible.” Denise answered.
“Do it then. Go for it.” Gary told her.

Because of the bushfires happening in Australia, Denise wasn’t doing any entertainment news for the TV shows, she was relaying what information the United States was saying about the bushfires and what was their response onto this. After coming off the air and getting back to the radio station, she received a phone call from a reporter from People magazine.

“We are interested in doing an article on you about your life, how you met Nick Carter and how you are adjusting to your life here in America. Also it would be great if Nick could be in it too.” Holly the reporter asked.
“Oh ok...Can I get back to you on that?” Denise replied.
“Yeah sure. I’ll give you a call in a few days and see what you say.” Holly replied. Denise finished off a few things at the studio and left, heading for the studio where the guys were.

“Oh good...Denise, check this out. We need an opinion and no one is around.” Howie said as she walked into the dance studio where she found the guys.
“What is it?” Denise asked as she put her bag against the corner of the mirror.
“We are working on this new routine for As Long As You Love Me, we are doing it ourselves. Wanna personalise it more. We all have our own versions. We know it and all but we can’t decide which one to use.” Brian explained.
“Yo, Rok, you know that Denise will choose Nick’s one.” AJ said.
“She will not. She will pick the best one.” Nick spoke up.
“Um, why you let her make the decision?” Denise laughed. Denise watched as they performed their versions, Howie, Brian, AJ and Nick in turn.
“Well?” AJ asked as they collapsed on the ground, stretching out.
“Personally, I love them all. All too damn good.” Denise replied.
“Professionally?” Brian asked.
“Professionally? Um, Howie’s.” Denise replied.
“Fan wise?” Nick asked.
“Aw geez guys...you are torturing me here!” Denise whined.
“Come on. Decide woman. Decide.” AJ said.
“Fan wise....Nick’s.” Denise replied.
“I knew it! I knew it!” AJ said.
“What was it about Nick’s? The serenade thing?” Howie asked.
“It’s always the serenade guys.” Nick laughed.
“Is it because you were looking at him all the time?” Brian joked.
“Nope. Not at all.” She laughed as Nick lifted his arm up for Denise to hold and have her sit on the floor with him.
“It was always going to be Nick wasn’t it?” AJ asked.
“Nope, seriously and I mean it. Professionally, Howie’s was awesome. Yours was a close second.” Denise replied.
“Cool, no worries. So what ya wanna do?” Brian said changing subject.
“We hit the other side of the building and make some noise?” Nick asked.
“Oh yeah. Big time...you are so gonna love this new track.” Brian replied then turning to Denise.
“Well let’s go and make some noise then.” Denise said as they all got up and went to the other side of the building into the music studio.

Nick and Denise got home around 10pm after having dinner with Bec and AJ at their place. “I got a phone call today.” Denise said as they were relaxing on the couch, Nick channel surfing.
“Oh wow a phone call.” Nick joked sounding exciting.
“Ha ha, funny. Nah, it was a chick from People magazine wanting to do an interview on us. About my life, how I met you, how I got here and all that.” Denise replied throwing a cushion at him.
“And what you say?” Nick asked.
“I said I would get back to them. I didn’t know what to do.” Denise replied.
“It’s up to you. You know I will go along with whatever you want to do.” Nick told her.
“I just don’t know if I want to do everything of what they want in the interview.” Denise said.
“I’ve learnt that no matter what, eventually somewhere along the line, someone will come out and mention something. If someone wants the inside scoop on things, they will go to any lengths to get it. They have their ways and means.” Nick explained to her.
“If you were in my situation, what would you do?” Denise asked.
“You know I don’t do those ‘if you were in my situation’ things.” Nick replied.
“Please Nick.” Denise begged.
“Given the situation of things back home for you, I would mention it but not everything. I’d get your agent to get some contract lined up stipulating that certain things be off limits and if leaked, they can be prosecuted. If you want to, that is.” Nick told her.
“I want to, but I don’t want to.” Denise sighed.
“Do whatever you want to do. You are going to be the one doing this.” Nick said, a hand going on her lap.

All night, Denise tossed and turned wondering what to do. In the end, she decided to go along with it, with the suggestions Nick made. In the morning she called Holly back and she and Nick would do the interview the following weekend, when Nick would be home.

Before calling it a night around midnight, Denise’s phone rang. “I so wish I could turn off my phone.” She whined answering the phone, Nick yawning.
“Hello.” Denise answered.
“Denise, it’s Mark in Sydney at the 7 newsroom. I know you aren’t meant to be on call tonight but I can’t raise anyone else. We need you to go to New York. We’ve got a chartered flight waiting for you as soon as you can. A car is on its way to pick you up now.” Mark the night time producer said.
“What’s in New York?’ Denise asked.
“Turn on NBC.” Mark replied.
“Nick, turn on NBC.” Denise told Nick. He grabbed the remote, turned it on and saw CNN but went to NBC.
“Holy crap!” Nick shrieked as Denise stood next to Nick. On the news were reports of an Australian actor dying in a shooting rampage in Times Square.
“It’s not him is it? It’s not...” Denise said shocked.
“Yes it is. We need you to go there and report. I’ll call the radio station and let them know you will be reporting on this as well for them.” Mark informed her. Soon as Mark got off the phone, Denise ran upstairs and began to pack a bag. Ten minutes later Denise was out the door.
Chapter 9 by Ozbsbgirl
In New York near the subway, Denise was being connected to Sydney by link up. She was reporting on the death of a actor Liam Bell who was in Times Square when a gunman went on a shooting rampage, killing many people. Liam, a popular Australian actor, Denise knew personally after interviewing him several times when she was working.

“Denise, what reports are you hearing in regards to Liam?” Melissa the host of the TV show asked when Denise was on air.
“Melissa, I just want to say that while Australia is in shock about Liam, I am even more. Liam’s been a wonderful friend to me. As you would know, I’ve interviewed him many times and we formed a friendship. I feel honoured to have been apart of his life and doing this and my thoughts go out to his parents Julie and Harold, his brother Glen and his sister Beth. From what I am being told, Liam had just stepped out of the subway, behind me here, walked out into Times Square to go to the MTV studios where Nelson Aspen who is standing by now with reports. Liam was just walking with his manager Scott Harrison and the gunman appeared. Nelson, do you have any more?” Denise informed.
“I do Denise, from eyewitness accounts, and we are saying eyewitness accounts, we aren’t confirming or denying at this stage, when the shots were fired, Liam went in front of people to shield them. When the unknown gunman recognised Liam, Liam was tragically next in line.” Nelson continued.
“Wow, ah Denise, obviously the mood would be quite eerie?” Melissa asked.
“Eerie is the word. I landed in New York about an hour ago. Even arriving at the airport, it was eerie. I’ve been in cities when someone popular has died and this is really at the top of the list. New York is so quiet.” Denise replied.
“I would say it’s something similar to when Heath Ledger died.” Nelson came in.
“Nelson, Liam was in New York for his movie Freaks of Nature. You were at the premiere last night your time. What was the movie like?” Melissa asked.
“It is fantastic. I actually had a few moments with Liam on the red carpet for you and we are just at the moment working on that now to show.” Nelson reported.
“In fact Nelson, we have it now, let’s go and watch it.” Melissa said. While they were off air, Denise collected her thoughts.

“Denise, what are the police doing now?” Melissa asked.
“Right now, police have closed Times Square off, redirecting traffic. They are also naturally interviewing witnesses, taking photos, fingerprints, sniffer dogs are around. I will be staying here for the day here in New York and will let you know of any updates as they come to hand.” Denise replied. Nelson continued on with the report, going through Liam’s career both in the United States and home in Australia. After the cross to Sydney, Nelson and Denise met up, catching up and collaborating stories for channel 7 in Australia.

“Hard for you isn’t it?” Nelson asked as they waited for their meal at John’s Pizzeria on West 44th Street.
“Yeah, Liam and I got to know each other pretty well. We watched each of our career’s blossom and all.” Denise replied.
“This is what happens when you are in the entertainment industry. You become close to many people and when you have to be the one to tell the world something tragic happens, it’s hard to set aside your feelings from reporting. You want to be all personal and all but you have to be professional at the time. It doesn’t get easier, it gets harder.” Nelson told her.
“Thanks. That’s all I wanted to hear.” Denise laughed.
“Just telling you the truth.” He said.
“That’s what you don’t hear a lot of in this business. The truth.” Denise answered.
“It’s up to the real reporters to tell the truth. You would have no idea how many people aren’t telling the truth.” Nelson said.
“I can believe that for sure. Personally and professionally.” Denise replied.
“How so?” Nelson asked.
“Oh, just everyone wanting to know the truth about my and relationship with Nick. Actually yesterday we agreed to do an interview with People magazine. Set the record straight on things.” Denise replied.
“I don’t know if you would be interested and this is just an idea I just came up with but what about one for Australia? Your home?” Nelson asked.
“You know, I never thought about that. I haven’t had a chance to think like that at all. It’s been a whirlwind since I arrived here a few months ago.” Denise replied.
“Just you on your own.” Nelson added.
“That would be good. Only you though. For Australia.” Denise agreed.
“Good. We’ll organise things for a couple of weeks alright.” Nelson suggested.

That weekend, Nick and Denise were being interviewed with People magazine. Denise didn’t have time to think about anything for the interview. Her agent organised everything with contracts. Denise was so involved with the death of Liam and covering the bushfires were. Nick and the guys were busy that the interview had to be at the studio.

Sitting down in one of the meeting rooms, Nick and Denise began the interview.
“Well the first question will obviously have to be, how did you two meet?” Jessica, the interviewer asked.
“I actually was at a Backstreet Boys concert. Been a diehard fan from way back. Work had sent me to the press conference just before the sound check and when Nick realised it was me at sound check he somehow, don’t ask me, gave me an indication to hold back and wait for him after the sound check had finished. I hung back and we started chatting and then it took off from there.” Denise explained.
“Nick, how did you get her attention?” Jessica asked.
“It wasn’t easy believe me. I got my bodyguard Q to ask her to stay behind. I had a quick word with him while doing sound check and that was it.” Nick replied.
“Is that how it went?” Denise asked Nick.
“You were too busy swooning at all of us.” He laughed.
“Maybe.” Denise laughed back.

“So what happened then? You would have left for the next city straight afterwards wouldn’t you?” Jessica asked.
“Practically yeah. We kept in touch and it wasn’t until actually a few months later in May, her birthday actually that we met in London.” Nick replied.
“You remember that?” Denise asked him.
“Sure do. I don’t forget these things.” Nick replied.
“Were you working in London?” Jessica asked Denise.
“Yeah. I was doing some report for something and I was at a bar having a drink and Nick came and sat next to me. I didn’t know he sneaked into town and all. He told me he was in New York.” Denise replied.
“And from there?” Jessica asked.
“We kinda hooked up more or less and started dating seriously. Because of my job as a journalist I was being sent around the world all the time and more times or not, Nick and I would see each other. It may have only been for a few hours but it was better than nothing.” Denise explained.
“How did you cope with the distance?” Jessica asked.
“We just managed to cope. For me personally it was ok as I knew she would be travelling around the world and I was too. When we had vacation time, we would spend it with each other, I was mainly flying to see her.” Nick explained.

“You had some dramas coming out to live here in the United States, is that right?” Jessica asked.
“That’s right. I had financial difficulties to raise the finances to get to the US. Then I had some personal problems within the family that had to be dealt with. Legal loopholes kept coming up for me to travel to the United States. It was a 5 year battle but I’m here now and that’s the main thing that counts.” Denise replied looking to Nick, hands on top of each other.
“Did it take it’s toll on you?” Jessica asked.
“We did have our moments, mainly when we were given the setbacks, but at the same time we were stronger and more determined than ever.” Denise replied.
“We knew we would be together but it just took a bit longer than we had both hoped but now, we couldn’t be happier.” Nick added.

“How are you handling things with your careers now?” Jessica asked.
“It’s getting there. I only have to work no later than 6pm and then I am free unless I am needed by the news station back in Australia.” Denise replied.
“How will it be when Backstreet Boys go on tour?” Jessica asked.
“We don’t know, we gotta see what happens with tour and that. Even we don’t really know ourselves. I do know a tour is being set in motion.”Nick answered.
“I guess we’ll have to wait and see.” Denise added.

“Denise, do you miss being away from your family and friends?” Jessica asked. Denise went silent for a few moments.
“We all have our moments when we are away from family and friends but if you have a dream, you are meant to go for it and that’s what I have done. Gone for it. I’m at a content part of my life and things are falling into place.” Denise replied. Nick giving her a smile.

“How are you adjusting to American life?” Jessica asked.
“Getting there. It’s been fun so far and getting even better by the day. When I first moved here, it took ages getting to know things. Sometimes I confused the guys when I said something, it was meaning the same thing but in different words.” Denise laughed.
“Driving in the beginning was so funny. She didn’t dare look at the road for the first few days. She was freaked out.” Nick laughed.
“It’s easy for you, you don’t drive yourself around in other countries.” Denise told him.
“True, true, I give you that.” Nick replied. After the interview, Denise and Nick had a few photos for the interview before it was over.

“You did brilliant.” He told her when they went back to the guys who were working on songs in the control booth.
“Thanks. It felt weird, being on the other end of the interview, being interviewed.” She replied as she shut the door.
“Survive?” AJ asked.
“With flying colours.” Nick replied giving her a squeeze.
Chapter 10 by Ozbsbgirl
Denise and Nick’s anniversary was on Denise’s birthday. Denise was working only til mid afternoon as the radio station had technical difficulties for her broadcast. Leighanne, Leigh, and Rebecca had planned the afternoon of nothing for surprises for her birthday. Denise unsure what was in store.

They first off went and had lunch at a restaurant, where they wined and dined, except for Rebecca who was 3 months pregnant. After finishing lunch, they went down to Rodeo Drive and what was lead to believe window shopping and gazing at the fashion, ended up being a shopping expedition. “I don’t care what you say but we say you need something from Rodeo Drive on your birthday. Especially your first birthday here in the US.” Rebecca told her.

“You don’t have any idea what he’s got planned?” Denise asked them while they were walking back to Leighanne’s car.
“No.” They all replied in unison.
“What does he have planned?” Denise asked.
“We aren’t saying anything.” Leighanne replied.
“Do I need to go back and pack a bag or something?” Denise asked.
“All we were told was that we had to have you at the studio at 5pm. That was it.” Leigh answered as she sat next to Denise in the backseat of the car.
“5pm...that’s strange for Nick.” Denise commented.
“That’s what he told us.” Rebecca replied.
“The guys aren’t working this weekend?” Denise asked.
“All weekend long. Basically from sun up to sun down.” Leighanne replied.
“Just wait to you do a tour with them. We may be on the road with them but that’s about it.” Leigh added.
“Are you going on the tour? AJ hasn’t mentioned anything of you going on the road with them.” Rebecca asked.
“I’m trying to work it with the radio station. Sydney has given the ok for it as there are studios and all. Just see what happens.” Denise replied.
“When you mentioned the radio station, you went sort of quiet...what’s going on?” Leigh asked.
“Nothing, nothing at all.” Denise replied, lying.
“When one says that, something is up. Come on fess up.” Rebecca spoke.
“Ratings are down. That’s all. If nothing improves by summer break, I will be on hiatus.” Denise confessed.
“But it’s such an awesome show! You bring Australia to us.” Leigh commented.
“Thanks, but I gotta go with what the radio station wants. Do me a favour and don’t mention this to anyone, especially Nick.” Denise replied as Leighanne turned into the studio car park.
“No worries. Anyway, have fun tonight.” Rebecca replied as Denise got out of the car.
“Thanks so much. Call you over the weekend.” She replied hugging the girls.

Denise went up to the studio and saw the guys mucking around in the dance rehearsal room, Nick and Brian dodging each other. “Hey! The birthday girl!” They all cheered.
“Am I interrupting something?” Denise asked as she walked closer to the guys.
“You are actually saving us.” AJ laughed.
“How so?” Denise asked.
“Brian and Nick were just about to go into a wrestle with each other, Howie and I would have to separate them. They were going on about some game or something or other.” AJ explained as they hugged.
“Not again!” Denise whined.
“Yes again!” Nick spoke up jogging over to her.
“Thankyou!” Brian exclaimed to her sighing of relief.
“Glad to be of service.” She laughed.
“So what’s the birthday girl been up to?” Howie asked.
“Ah the usual. Work and then caught up with the girls. How’s it been here?” Denise replied, Nick putting his arms around her.
“Did Bec buy anything more for the baby?” AJ asked.
“AJ, you know the saying, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?” Denise replied.
“Yeah, who hasn’t?” He answered.
“Well it’s a bit like that with the girls. What happens with the girls, stays with the girls.” She told him.
“Damn it!” He said stamping his foot.
“Well, as of now, it what happens with the lover stays with the lovers.” Nick spoke up, his head nestling on Denise’s neck.
“Calm down you two. Calm down.” Howie laughed.
“Have fun whatever you do. Oh before you go, come on.” Brian said as he, AJ and Howie walked out of the room, Nick having Denise follow her out of the room and down the corridor to a room.

“These are from us.” AJ said when she and Nick walked in the room, the guys next to boxes wrapped up.
“Guys, you didn’t need to. Just being here is enough.” Denise replied hugging them all.
“What’s a birthday without birthday presents?” Howie asked her. Nick stood behind Denise, his hands on her waist as she opened box by box. Denise received presents from the guys favourite sports teams convincing her to follow them and not Nick’s.
“Also, as I was leaving for work this morning, Baylee asked me to give you this. He knew I would be seeing you today but didn’t know if Leigh would.” Brian spoke up as he grabbed a photo frame from behind him.
“Aww, that is so adorable.” Denise marvelled looking at the photo frame of a drawing Baylee did for Denise, a picture of her and Nick together holding hands.
“Haha, he’s good. I like it.” Nick laughed.
“Tell him thanks from me. It’s so cute.” Denise said.
“And on that note, we gotta go. Come on.” Nick added as he started to collect the boxes.

Everything in the backseat, Nick and Denise got in the car and he drove off. “So, where we off to?” Denise asked.
“We are going somewhere. We gotta go home first. Wanna change. Didn’t have time down there.” Nick replied.
“Mmm, you got me all mysterious here.” Denise admitted.
“Good. Relax, we aren’t flying anywhere. It’s here in LA.” Nick said.
“Phew!” She sighed of relief laughing.

Home, Nick got in the shower first, leaving Denise to choose several clothes quickly on what she was going to wear. She laid out 3 sets for dining, casual and in between. As she sat on one of the chairs near the window she went through her tweets on her phone, everyone wishing her a happy birthday and her and Nick a happy anniversary. When Nick walked out of the bathroom, she dropped her phone. “Happy Birthday.” He smirked coming out of the bathroom, wearing only wearing a white thick towel around his waist, holding a single red rose.
“Thank you.” She whispered admiring Nick as he came closer to her.
“Want your birthday present?” He grimaced.
“Oh I do. I do.” She laughed. Nick took his hand out and waited for Denise to take his hand.
“Happy anniversary too.” He whispered kissing her.

Denise and Nick woke up next morning the sun in their eyes. “Shoot! I gotta be at the studio now.” Nick said.
“I’ll get ya some breakfast.” She told him as they leapt out of bed.
“It’s cool, I’ll get something later.” Nick replied.
“You won’t eat til this afternoon, late this afternoon.” She told him as he jumped in the shower.
“Yes I will. I swear!” He said.
“I don’t believe ya. “ She laughed.
“Come down and spend the day with us. The girls have some stuff on.” Nick suggested as he got out and was putting on some clothes.
“Sure?” She asked.
“Why not?” He shrugged tying up his shoe laces.
“Gimme five.” Denise replied.
Chapter 11 by Ozbsbgirl
Nick and Denise rushed into the studio 20 minutes later, knowing that Kevin would be annoyed that they were late, mainly Nick.
“Sorry we’re late man. Slept through alarm.” Nick tried to apologise.
“Nick, come on, you know the rules.” Kevin warned him.
“Kev, give him a break man. This is their first anniversary together.” AJ defended Nick and Denise.
“I don’t care. We got a deadline and we gotta stick to it.” Kevin replied.
“Longer you talk about it, the longer we will be here.” Howie quietly said. Denise sat in the corner of the studio as she saw the guys go through their dance routines for the tour. With the radio station giving her show the hiatus practically, Denise was almost certain of joining the guys on the tour. She just didn’t want to let Nick know about the show almost close to being cancelled. She didn’t want to let him down. She wanted to try something different but she didn’t know what.

A few hours into rehearsals, the guys had to stop while they went and did a phone interview for a radio station, Denise staying behind. She connected her iPod to the stereo and put the music on. Denise began moving to the music and before she knew it, she was singing and dancing to the guys songs. Fifteen minutes later, she was sprung. Denise was dancing to Straight Through My Heart when AJ wolf whistled.

“WOW! WOW! WOW!” They all said shocked. Denise turned to her left and saw all guys standing there.
“Guys!” She whined embarrassed putting her head in her hands, her head down.
“That was fantastic!” Brian remarked.
“Nah it ain’t. I was just fooling around.” Denise played off.
“You’re pretty good.” Kevin said.
“Ain’t she awesome huh guys?” Nick said as he put his arms around her waist, standing from behind.
“Thought of singing and all as a career?” Howie asked.
“Nope. Now come on, you need to get back to work.” Denise replied changing the subject.

Sunday afternoon, they were all in the studio having a late lunch when Denise had to go to the car and get something she wanted for the afternoon. When she got back, Nick was holding her phone, moving it around in his hands, with a confused and concern look on his face.
“Ah got it. Now I can go on with things this afternoon.” She remarked walking in the eating area. One look from Nick and she knew something was wrong. “What?” She asked him as she sat back down and continued with her lunch.
“Ah, the radio Michael from the radio station. He said that your radio show is definitely on hiatus. He’s sorry.” Nick replied.
“WHAT!” Howie, AJ, Brian and Kevin freaked out.
“Yeah, the decision was finally made.” Nick said curious looking at Denise.
“We’ll leave you to it.” Kevin spoke up as he got up, the others following him out.

“So, ah, when were you going to tell me hey?” He asked.
“I didn’t want to say anything in case the show was saved, less worry for you.” Denise replied.
“You know you tell me everything.” Nick told her, sounding threatening.
“I’m sorry, I just didn’t want to worry you.” She apologised.
“So what does this mean now?” He asked.
“I still have the channel 7 job back in Australia so it’s all good. I’ll get something somewhere soon.” Denise replied positive.
“You are lucky with that job.” He said.
“Nick, what is wrong with you? I forgot or didn’t want you to worry about this until you had to. I’m sorry alright.” Denise asked.
“Just don’t do it again alright.” He replied, his eyes making Denise feel scared, then he walked off to catch up with the guys. Denise began wondering what gotten into Nick all of a sudden.

“Hey, D you wanna join us?” AJ asked Denise when she entered the room and they were back at dance rehearsals .
“Nah, nah, it’s all good. You go on. I wanna capture all this.” Denise replied.
“Hey, I got an idea. Gimme your phone.” Brian suggested as he jogged over to her, Denise getting her blackberry out. “Here is the twitter account for us, tweet from here.” He added as he was setting up the account.
“Oooh look at Mr Technology guy.” AJ cracked up laughing.
“Here ya go.” He said as he gave her the phone back, seeing the tweet Brian put in.
“And don’t just take pics of Nick’s ass either.” AJ warned her.
“Ah damn!” Denise laughed. Denise tweeted what was happening and began answering tweets to some fans.

Home that night, Denise was cooking dinner while Nick was upstairs on the phone to Aaron. She thought cooking a decent meal would get him out of his mood. She knew he would get moody and everything towards the start of the tour and would put up with his moods. Instead of calling Nick down when dinner was ready, she sent him a message saying dinner was ready.
“What the hell is this huh?” Nick asked as he sat down at the kitchen table.
“I couldn’t find anything to get me in the mood to cook dinner apart from the spag bol.” Denise replied.
“Oh ok.” His only words were and for the rest of the meal ate in silence.

As they were getting ready for bed, Nick taking a shower, Denise thought she would start organising on the packing for when she went with the guys to Europe in about a weeks time.
“Man this is gonna be awesome.” She remarked as she put some tops on a chair to sort out.
“While it’s good it’s not all that cracked up. Sleep deprived, no peace and quiet when out of our hotel rooms or anywhere.” He warned her.
“So be it. Sleep deprivement bring it on. I want it all.” Denise replied.
“Whatever.” He sighed as he got into bed.
“I’ll continue with this tomorrow.” Denise said as she turned off the light near the bedroom door.
“Good. I want sleep.” Nick replied as he snuggled underneath the sheets.

Next morning while Denise was doing the dishes, Nick was having his breakfast before he was off for the day finishing the final touches for the tour and also starting with the US media for the album promos. “What time do you think you will be finishing tonight?” Denise asked him.
“Not sure really. See what happens when we get to the studio.” Nick replied not looking up from his breakfast.
“That’s cool no worries. I got a few things to do today, got the show this afternoon and get things ready for the end of the week.” Denise told him.
“Yeah alright no worries.” Nick said as he got up to put his breakfast dishes in the sink for Denise to wash.
“You alright Nick?” She asked worried.
“Yes I’m fine alright.” He snapped grabbing a wrist of Denise’s and put her against the fridge, then grabbing the other wrist and holding them tight.
“Ok, ok. I’m sorry.” She apologised. Nick let go of her and then he walked off, leaving the house to go to the studio.

For the day, Denise was wondering what was going on, she didn’t want to tell anyone, thinking she was over reacting but she knew what she experienced.

When Nick got back home around 10pm, she was lying on the bed, her laptop with her when he walked up the stairs. She could sense that Nick was in a bad mood and knew not to say anything. “What ya doing there?” He asked angry.
“Doing a bit of research for the interview I have tomorrow with someone for the show.” Denise replied.
“Well go and do it somewhere else.” He snapped grabbing the laptop off her and throwing it out the room.
“Nick!” She shrieked when the computer crashed.
“What?” He snapped.
“I was going to shut up but come on, snap out of this. Snap out of whatever is wrong with you. Work it out whoever you have fought with.” Denise asked getting angry herself.
“Fuck off.” He yelled and slapped her on her left cheek.
Chapter 12 by Ozbsbgirl
Day 1 of the tour, everyone was all excited. First stop on the tour was London. It was just the guys and Denise. Behind closed doors, Nick and Denise weren’t talking but to everyone, everything was fine between them. As they boarded the plane for London, Denise shrieked “LONDON BABY!” The guys just laughed at her, AJ taking her by the hand and running down the gate to the plane.

Once in the air, they settled into what they normally do on flights. All had their laptops on all doing various things, writing, watching a DVD or other things. Denise had managed to conceal her bruise on her cheek where Nick slapped her with foundation makeup. Denise and Nick went to sleep together, Denise leaning on Nick’s chest, an arm around his waist.

Arriving in London, Denise stayed close with Nick as they were going through customs. They were warned about fans outside in the lounge waiting for them. “Good thing we had our beauty sleep.” Brian joked.
“Does my hair look alright?” AJ mimicked a girl.
“AJ come on!” Denise whined at him as she wheeled her luggage trolley.
“Let’s get out there.” Howie said as he walked out first followed by Brian, AJ, Kevin and Nick. Denise was last to walk out.
“WASSUP LONDON!” AJ said to the crowd of fans that were there in a part of the airport to allow the other travellers past through. After about half an hour of photos they went out to the car that was awaiting them.

“You know you are going to be fun with this tour?” Brian told Denise as they were leaving Heathrow.
“How so?” Denise asked.
“This is your first time here. We get to show you around places that we can get to while we are here.” Brian replied.
“I got your shopping needs later this afternoon.” AJ told her.
“I got the music scene.” Howie added.
“I got the cultural.” Kevin spoke up.
“KEV!” They all groaned.
“I got you for the food.” Nick laughed at her.
“What have you got me for?” She asked Brian.
“I got the surprise.” Brian laughed.
“You guys are meant to be working aren’t ya?” Denise asked.
“Yep but sometimes us just being somewhere is working and we don’t even know it. Some interviews we got are here at the hotel room. Just not your room. Nick keeps his room messy.” AJ laughed.
“Whatever! Anyway, I’m bunking now.” Nick replied.

After checking into the hotel, Denise tweeted they were in London. She was going to be tweeting for the boys account and her personal account for the whole tour. During the interviews she watched from a distance. Deep inside after all this time she was still shrieking inside that she was seeing all this happen.

Finishing mid afternoon for lunch, they meals arrived in the hotel room. Underneath the dome was paper. “Please let this be fish n chips!” Denise begged.
“How’d you know?” Nick asked.
“I had a hunch. This is what England is known for and it was a hit at home. I’ve been craving this for so long!” Denise replied excitedly. She unwrapped her paper and found fries and fish.
“Aw man! I forgot about that. Back in Australia it’s popular. Damn!” Nick commented as he sat back in his chair, his lunch on his lap.
“Sometimes we say that we created the fish n chips.” Denise laughed.
“Can you guess anything for the rest of the day then?” AJ asked.
“Mmmm, don’t wanna say. I’ll tell ya as we go.” She replied.

Back in the interviews, she observed what the guys were up to. The things they were asked, things they were being asked to do, in Denise’s opinion thought were crazy and so back in the early days. After the hotel interviews finished they had interviews separately for magazines and other media outlets.

Downstairs at the lobby, Denise thought they would get into a private car and go off to where AJ was taking her too but they went in a black cab. “Well we are in London.” He said as they got in the back. Denise’s head moved from side to side watching everything go by. It wasn’t too long before AJ spoke. “We’re here.” She stepped out of the cab and realised she was at Harrods.

“When we come back here next time we’ll go through here more but wanna show you some of these.” AJ said. AJ bought her Harrod’s merchandise and bought some things for the baby. Press photographed them. “Only thing about that is if I wanna surprise someone I gotta do it online and that like totally sucks.” AJ laughed.
“No worries.” Denise replied.
“We could always say that you are the one that s pregnant.” He joked.
“Trust me! Not for a while or ever.” Denise replied.
“Nick is just enough.” AJ agreed.
“You said it not me.” Denise said.

Half hour later, Denise and AJ were out the front of Harrods with Kevin meeting her. “Time to culture.” Kevin said. AJ went off in another car to go to a radio station for an interview. Kevin took Denise to the London Museum. Coming out of the Museum, Howie met her.

Back at the hotel later that night with Brian, both laughing from the lobby all the way to their hotel room. Brian and Denise always connected from the first time they made contact. When Denise walked in the hotel room, Nick was waiting for her. “Have fun?” He asked as he continued watching the TV.
“Yeah it was great. Howie took me to some club, forgot the name of it. Before we went to the Millennium wheel overlooking everything. How was the rest of your day?” Denise asked sitting down next to him.
“Been ok. Just been sitting here chilling and all. Would have been nice to hear from you.” He answered.
“It was crazy out there, if I had called it would have been hard to hear you and all. Besides, I am sure you would have known where I was and all.” Denise replied.
“You just don’t get it do you?” Nick questioned her.
“Get what?” She asked.
“I’m supposed to be your fiancé here.” Nick told her.
“Ah Nick, you don’t own me. I own myself. I’m not some thing. I am a human being.” Denise said.
“Don’t give me that crap.” He said.
“Nick it’s true. I don’t care who I am marrying. No one owns me. Ring or not.” She warned him as she was about to get off the sofa but he stopped her and pulled her back down. He cornered her into the sofa and began hitting her stomach. Hitting until his hands were sore. Denise not making a sound.

After London they went onto Berlin, Munich, Madrid, Vienna, Stockholm and Ireland before flying back to Los Angeles. The month flew by.
Chapter 13 by Ozbsbgirl
“Denise, it’s Bec.” They had only been back a few days from their tour, Denise with more hitting but still no one knew.
“Hey, Bec how are you?” She asked when Bec said.
“Um, yeah pretty good for someone who’s having a baby.” Bec replied.
“How long now?” Denise asked.
“Um, now. Can’t get in touch with the guys and your closer to me. Think you can handle a whale about to give birth?” Bec asked.
“Yup sure. On my way.” Denise replied.

At the hospital, Denise stayed with Rebecca the whole time. “We didn’t want to say anything but AJ and I wanted you here at the birth.” Rebecca mentioned to Denise as she finally got settled on the bed.
“Really?” Denise asked shocked.
“Yeah. After all you are this kids first Godmother.” Rebecca replied casually.
“I’m what?” Denise said.
“Yup. After all you were the one that us into this position. If it weren’t for me crashing at the hotel in Sydney when the guys were there and AJ and I staying up all night long, getting to know each other over 6 years ago now, I would be somewhere.” Rebecca explained just as another contraction started. Rebecca only wanted AJ at the hospital, no one waiting around.

An hour later AJ walked in. “Hey baby.” He said walking in and giving her a hug.
“Don’t baby me.” She growled at him.
“Another one is about to happen.” Denise said. AJ took Rebecca’s other hand, Denise helping her through the contraction and with her breathing.
“Sorry.” Bec apologised as he let go of AJ’s hand after the contraction.
“It’s alright, it’s still there. For now anyway.” He replied brushing her hair away from her face and kissing her forehead.
“Thank god for the drugs. Denise, when you have a kid, demand drugs!” Bec laughed to Denise.
“Thanks for the tip.” Denise replied.
“Everyone know?” AJ asked.
“Yup, all standing by. Don’t know why, this kid won’t come out for ages yet. I want it out now.” Rebecca replied.
“Me too.” AJ commented, making a face at Denise which Rebecca didn’t see.
“The kid is coming tonight.” Rebecca warned them.
“It will honey, it will.” AJ said. At that moment another contraction.

Rebecca was right, they became parents by dinnertime. A boy, 9lb 8oz Denniz Alexander. AJ wanted the Z after Denniz Pop who died of cancer around the time of when Millennium was released. One by one everyone came in. “Now, we have four boy kids. The pressure is on you and Nick now.” AJ joked to Denise and Nick as Denniz was being held by Leighanne.
“You know me man. No kids.” Nick laughed.
“Awww.” Baylee said.
“That’s what we think too.” Howie added.
“All in good time kid, all in good time.” Nick told Baylee as Nick took hold of Denniz.

Home later that night, Denise went up to the gym room and went on the treadmill while Nick was downstairs. Behind closed doors, they were just housemates. Denise moved out of the bedroom and back into the spare room, Of a night she would block the doorway with a chair or something to try and Nick stop from getting into her room if he wanted to attack her.

A few days later Rebecca was home from hospital with Denniz, AJ could only pick them up from the hospital and take them back home. Denise was staying with Rebecca to get her adjusted to motherhood. Denise knew that she would never a mother to Nick’s children as he didn’t want any children so she found herself attached to Denniz more than what she thought she would be.
“You so would be a fantastic mother.” Rebecca commented as Denise walked around the nursery room settling Denniz down for a sleep.
“That’s what people tell me.” She sighed rubbing his back.
“If it can happen for AJ, it can happen for anyone.” Rebecca said.
“Nick has sworn off kids for himself. Can’t blame him when you look at his past.” Denise replied.
“Yeah I suppose but still. AJ wanted kids, he was desperate for kids. He wants to give Denniz the childhood that he never had with a real father. I know he had his grandfather but father, father.” Rebecca agreed.
“I know where you are coming from. I’ve always said that the guys would be and are over protective of the kids. Can’t blame them.” Denise added.
“True, very true.” Rebecca replied as Denise laid Denniz in his crib.

“You know the number one rule about newborns?” Denise asked Rebecca as they walked out of his room and were walking past Rebecca and AJ’s bedroom.
“What?” Rebecca replied.
“When baby sleeps, Mummy sleeps.” Denise told her opening the bedroom door, gesturing for Rebecca to lie down.
“But...” Rebecca tried to say.
“But nothing, come on. I got the baby monitor, Denniz is sound asleep. You sleep too.” Denise cut in as she lead Rebecca into the room and closing the curtains.
With Denniz and Rebecca sleeping, Denise unpacked their bags and got the laundry started and began to cook meals. Denise was taking vacation from the TV show for a month so she had plenty of time on her hands.

“Hey.” Denise was startled. She turned around and saw AJ.
“What are you doing here? You are meant to be working.” Denise asked as she was sorting out the washing.
“Thought would come home for lunch. How they doing?” AJ replied.
“Both sound asleep. Your Mum called, flight has been delayed and will be arriving tonight. Didn’t say a time.” Denise told him.
“Damn I love how you say Mom.” He chuckled.
“I love how you try to speak Aussie but always comes out English.” Denise laughed.
“I’ve been trying. I swear!” He said.
“Whatever.” Denise replied and lifted a basket of washing and was going outside.
“Hey D?” AJ stopped her.
“Yeah what?” She replied.
“Nothin, it’s ok. Thanks for helping out.” AJ said.
Chapter 14 by Ozbsbgirl
Denise was at home while Nick was out with Aaron at an appearance at a movie premiere a few nights later when Brian called in. “Pizza?” He asked coming in.
“Read my mind! I was just about to call some in.” Denise replied as they went into the lounge.
“Where’s Nick?” Brian asked.
“He and Aaron are at a movie premiere tonight. Don’t know which one. There’s a few on tonight.” Denise replied.
“Oh, well if he and Aaron are together, who knows what time they will be back. You know how when the finish things they always end up in the studio.” Brian said.
“Yeah, take it your by your lonesome tonight.” Denise replied.
“Yeah, Baylee wanted to go shopping to get something for me or whatever. Over at the mall now. Well that’s what I was told. With Bay, who knows?” Brian laughed.
“I swear he’s you all over again.” Denise commented.
“More and more by the day.” He added.
“That scare you?” She asked.
“Yep for sure. One of me is enough thankyou very much.” Brian laughed. After sharing a laugh, Brian went quiet.
“What?” Denise asked.
“Nothin, it’s all good.” Brian replied.
“Bri, come on. Something is bugging you. You got that look on your face. I know Leighanne and Baylee aren’t shopping. I was just on the phone to Baylee.” Denise asked.

“You know if something was wrong you can tell me.” Brian said.
“Yeah I know.” Denise replied.
“Well good. I just wanted to make that clear.” Brian stated.
“Ok, this is weird here. AJ was weird on me the other day for some strange reason and now you are. What is going on?” Denise demanded to know.
“How’s everything with you and Nick?” Brian asked.
“Fine, going good.” Denise replied quickly.
“You sure? For someone that says that, they are hiding something.” Brian told her.
“Things are fine. I promise.” Denise assured Brian.
“Don’t lie to me please. I know something is wrong. I can tell.” Brian pleaded.
“Brian don’t.” She begged.
“Has Nick hurt you?” He asked worried. Denise got up and took the pizza box to the kitchen. “Denise?” He asked again. She froze, Brian stood in front of her.
“It’s not as bad as what it sound.” She whispered.

“Why didn’t you say something?” He gasped in shock.
“Because I didn’t want anything to happen to the group.” Denise replied.
“Your leaving here now. You are staying at our place.” Brian told her.
“No. Brian no. It’s ok, really.” Denise reasoned with him.
“Please...for me.” He asked.

When Denise and Brian arrived at Brian’s place, Howie’s car was there, along with Kevin and AJ’s. “You didn’t?” She asked.
“You are family Denise. When something happens to one of us, we are all involved.” Brian informed her as they got out of the car. As they entered the door, everyone stood up.
“What’s wrong?” Kevin asked.
“Leigh?” Brian called out to Leighanne. Leighanne came forward, put an arm around Denise’s shoulder and walked out of the room.

“Tell me the truth.” Leighanne asked as Denise sat on the bed in the bottom downstairs room, Leighanne shutting the door.
“I can’t.” She whimpered.
“How long?” Leighanne asked.
“Few months.” Denise whispered, turning her body away from Leighanne.
“Where?” She asked.
“No one can see it, don’t worry.” Denise replied leaning forward clutching her stomach.
“Please?” She asked. Denise stood up and slowly removed her shirt.
“I’m taking you to the hospital.” Leighanne told her.
“No, no hospitals. They are going down.” Denise tried to tell her.
“You aren’t going near Nick. The boys will make sure of that.” Leighanne told her.
“I wanna have everything as normal.” Denise replied.
“Nothing will ever be normal again you know.” Leighanne said.
“This is what I didn’t want.” Denise sighed. The door knocked. Denise nodded.
“Come in.” Leighanne answered.
“Can you come out? We wanna talk to you?” Brian asked. Denise nodded, Leighanne behind her.

When Denise walked out, Kevin, AJ and Howie all got up in unison. “I’m ok.” She told them.”
“We have been talking. You aren’t going to go back there. We’ll go and get your stuff and have it out with Nick. Truth is coming out.” Kevin told her.
“Do one thing for me please?” Denise asked.
“What?” AJ asked.
“Don’t let Rebecca find out. Not yet.” She pleaded.
“No worries.” AJ assured her.
That night once Kevin, Howie and AJ left, Brian and Leighanne sat with Denise and talked what would be happening.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9910