My Mona Lisa by summer03
Summary:


Ramona hated everything about her and thought she was meant to live like that. What happens when someone shows her just how wrong she is... Read along as she finds love in the place less expected.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group
Genres: Dramedy, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 27 Completed: Yes Word count: 61000 Read: 38244 Published: 12/29/09 Updated: 01/07/11
Story Notes:
I had removed all my stories from here for personal reasons but I rethought it and decided to put back my completed stories so here is this one. It seems lot of people read it yet don't comment.:( I would love some feedback.

1. Chapter 1 by summer03

2. Chapter 2 by summer03

3. Chapter 3 by summer03

4. Chapter 4 by summer03

5. Chapter 5 by summer03

6. Chapter 6 by summer03

7. Chapter 7 by summer03

8. Chapter 8 by summer03

9. Chapter 9 by summer03

10. Chapter 10 by summer03

11. Chapter 11 by summer03

12. Chapter 12 by summer03

13. Chapter 13 by summer03

14. Chapter 14 by summer03

15. Chapter 15 by summer03

16. Chapter 16 by summer03

17. Chapter 17 by summer03

18. Chapter 18 by summer03

19. Chapter 19 by summer03

20. Chapter 20 by summer03

21. Chapter 21 by summer03

22. Chapter 22 by summer03

23. Chapter 23 by summer03

24. Chapter 24 by summer03

25. Chapter 25 by summer03

26. Chapter 26 by summer03

27. Epilogue by summer03

Chapter 1 by summer03
“Look there goes Ramona the loner!” she woke up in sweat, god she hated her childhood. She hated the stupid name her mother chose for her. She hated her life, she was the nerd and ugly girl in school and now at work she would be the weird dorky girl. Jenny was right ten years ago in the 6th grade when she crowned her, the loner. She looked at her nightstand and saw the time. Jenny what a bitch, made her life miserable for the remainder of her school years. God she was so lame, she looked around her room, she still had things from strawberry shortcake and pooh. Heck she still lived with her parents. She was twenty three and still had not experienced her first kiss. Well not if you count the awkward kiss from Gilbert her best friend, who years later came out of the closet! Then maybe she had received her first kiss. She shivered as she remembered that horrible day in the gym; Gilbert was not the cutest boy in school so he and she hung around becoming good friends. When Jenny appeared in hands of Jacob the hottest kid in school; everyone had a crush on him, even her. The point was she ran out of the gym after Jenny and her gang used her as a target for laughter. Gilbert caught up to her and after some sweet words he leaned in and gave her a kiss, but her lip ended caught with his braces. Finally she stopped torturing herself with her miserable past and decided to try and get some sleep again.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Hi, I’m Judy your new neighbor,” she smiled at the new owner of 2145 Melrose Dr., as she handed her, her triple Dutch chocolate cake.

“Oh, thank you for the cake, it looks delicious. I’m Denise, would you like to come in?” she opened the door all the way so her new friendly neighbor could come in.

“Thank you, I won’t stay long. Have you thought on how to decorate this palace yet? Mr. Roberts the old owner didn’t do much of a good job after his wife Betty died. I guess that’s why he sold it, when I first saw this house I told Bobby my husband, that if it wasn’t for the fact that I loved Betty, I would’ve done whatever it took to get this house.” She turned to face the short red headed woman as she finished her sentence. “I should go, I know you have a lot to do and I have to go get dinner ready for Bobby and Mona. Hope you like my cake it’s my secret recipe, oh and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask dear.”

She watched the tall woman with a heavy accent walk out, cross the road to her house, and swiftly disappearing from view. She smiled as she closed the door, this was a good neighborhood so far, no one would know who she was or most importantly no one would bother her son. This could be his little refuge when he was not out in the world doing what he did best, sing. She sighed as she remembered about her son; he would totally love a piece of this cake she thought.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Dad I think you’re a great entrepreneur and all but not me. I need another job, besides I can’t even command Hairy to do anything, what makes you think I can manage a department in your company! I am a loner dad; I need to do something I like. No offense dad but, mechanics was not my best subject in school remember? I know you want me to be like you dad but, I can’t I don’t even like cars. I prefer to walk, so please let me off the hook.” She gave her father the best sad puppy face.

“I tell you what Mona, give this a try and if by the end of November you’re not happy, I will put your cousin Jim in your position. I will personally then pay for whatever you want to study or do. All I want is your happiness sweetie.” He parked his car in the drive way and gently kissed his daughter’s forehead.

“Oh, and dad please don’t tell mom about this conversation yet, you know how she freaks!” she said as she slammed the door to the passengers side of car.

“Ok, I won’t I promise, as long as your remember honey that even though I work in the car business, I can’t keep getting a new one just cause you like to slam things shut for good,” he said more as a joke than scorn.

“Oh, I am sorry dad, I forgot about that.” She winced and made her way into her house followed by her father.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After dinner she made it to her favorite place in the house her art room. Her father had helped her convert one of the guest rooms into her own art shop, well sort of. She hadn’t sold any of her art work yet but, who cared, not her. She smiled as she felt Hairy’s tail hitting her from his happiness to see her. “Hey Hairy, want a kiss from mommy?” she leaned down to pet her golden retriever.

“Oh, honey I made your favorite dessert today,” said Judy as she walked in to Mona’s sanctuary. She smiled at her daughter as she saw her petting Hairy. She had always seen Mona sad, and deep inside it killed her to see her daughter not happy. She didn’t know where they gone wrong. Mona had everything she wanted and yet Mona never made an attempt to look like the rest of the girls her age. She preferred to wear jeans and a shirt, simple like that. Mona was a beautiful girl, shy and lonely but beautiful. When was she going to realize that? She sighed and politely dismissed herself. She hoped someday Mona would realize she had more going for her than what she thought.

After her mother left, she headed back to the kitchen for a piece of her mother’s heavenly delightful banana nut cake, her favorite. She sat on the kitchen table and delightfully cut a moderate size for her and the way she was feeling at the moment. She smiled and took the first bite, and as soon as she did she was in heaven. She was enjoying her piece of heaven when she heard the doorbell. She was closest to the door so, after debating to answer or not she left her spot to answer the door. “Coming,” she yelled as she made it to the door.
Chapter 2 by summer03
Chapter 2

She pushed her glasses up her nose as she shyly passed her employees. She could feel them stare at her and probably hate her already. She smiled at the receptionist, a blonde woman with the most beautiful smile. She was beautiful and it reminded her of Jenny her nightmare. She looked back down and walked into her new office. What made her father think she could handle this? She didn’t go to Harvard, Princeton or any other college for that reason she knew she would be the outsider. She just chose a nice home school class in art, for that reason. At least her dad remembered that and had put some paintings in her room; they were imitations but, nice ones. Andy Warhol, Picasso, and right in front was the copy of the Mona Lisa. She turned to see her name in a gold plate on her desk, “ok, I guess I should get to work then.” She walked and took a seat on her Herman Miller Aeron chair, very expensive and comfortable. She was looking through her desk when there was knocking in her door.

“Hi, Miss Vickers I’m Patsy Reynolds your receptionist slash assistant. I am sorry to bother you, but Mr. Vickers wanted me to tell you to call him when you arrived here. Here is the message,” she handed her the white paper with her father’s name and message written on it. Poor girl she looked lost, and it reminded her of her, well from many years ago. “If you need anything from coffee to whatever, just page me at extension 102 and I am here,” she said as she walked out the door.

She watched her walk out with such poise, so feminine. Her shoes were pretty high; she wondered how she could manage walking in those, demons. Just looking at her walking in them made her toes hurt. She looked down at her own shoes, so plain and comfortable. She shook away her negative thoughts and dialed the familiar number to.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


She was in her room looking out her window, at nothing in specific. She finally tried to focus on something that would make her forget her first day of hell in the office. Yeah she couldn’t wait for November to tell her father she was out!! She could not do this. She wished Mrs. Betty was still alive, she was her mentor she trusted her with everything. Remembering about her made her realize that the, for sale sign now had another one on top that said sold. Mrs. Betty’s memory would be erased forever from her house. It was the most beautiful house in the community. The largest also, she saw the new owner in the front yard watering the rose bushes that Mrs. Betty so deeply loved. Mrs. Betty would always bring her a batch of her roses for her to have; now she wouldn’t even have that anymore. She was startled as she saw the cheerful woman wave to her, did she know her? No, it was nobody from Clewiston, she knew everybody from this small town. Was she from the city? Palm Beach was only an hour away from Clewiston. She politely waved back and soon after decided she should stop looking out the window. Well at least she looked nice, she thought as she laid in her bed.

“Honey you have a visitor,” said Judy as she walked into her room. Only to find her daughter running into her bathroom, obviously she had been crying. “Your ok sweetie,” she asked in concern, why was her Mona so sad?

“I’m fine mom, my eyes just feel dry and that’s why they are red,” she lied as she wiped her eyes and tear stained cheeks. “Tell Gilbert to come up please,” she said to her mother. She stood by the bathroom door, just to listen to her mother walk out her room shutting the door behind her. She sighed and walked out her restroom and waited patiently for Gilbert to come up. She could hear his loud voice as he walked up the stairs, god she really needed to see Gilbert.

“Hey Lizzie,” he said as he opened the door to her best friends room. He knew something was bothering her as soon as he saw her. “Ok, precious tell me what’s bugging that genius mind of yours?”

She hugged his friend, feeling his muscles and strength as he hugged her back. See Gilbert was not the chubby, robust kid from high school. He had changed, he was fit and hot; only problem he was gay. He didn’t look gay, but he was. “You know me and my issues Gibbs,” she said as she took a seat on her bed.

“Well if you would let me do my magic, you would be as hot as me baby or maybe even better! You know, Gibbs does not sound good for a hot new Broadway actor.” He smiled as he saw her surprised look.

“You got the role?” she asked in a sad tone as she realized her only friend was going to leave her to realize his dreams.

“Yes I did baby! I head to New York on Friday night,” he said with excitement. He saw the sad look on her face, making his happiness die out. He was going to miss her too; she was his soul mate in the wrong body, of course. She was his only true friend since the beginning. Now he had realized that he was leaving his companion, “Lizzie, dear don’t get sad on me, no matter how far apart we are. NOTHING will change our friendship, and I will fly you out to see me in action. I will come down and visit, we’ll chat on Messenger. AND, every time you see Vin Diesel, Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp you’ll be reminded of me because we both think there super hot. Tell you what I just got the greatest idea, I need a stage name right? Well in honor of our friendship Gibbs will be my last name, I will be Johnny Gibbs. What you think?” he asked as he sat beside her.

“I will be the only one to call you Gibbs right?” she asked raising an eyebrow to her friend. He was right there friendship was much stronger than anything.

“Deal, Oh and you will get a makeover when you go see me, because I want everyone to see the beauty under the bushy eyebrows, mustache, thick glasses, and hairy legs.” He said as he touched her upper lip, to emphasize the mustache.

“I don’t have a mustache,” she said as she looked at her mirror. “Maybe someday I will take you up on that offer Gibbs,” she said and looked closely in the mirror to see the mustache.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Her week was hell at the office; sure enough she was the outsider. Even though she was suppose to be the manager of the department. No one liked her, well except Patsy she was sweet and fake literally! She had every imaginable plastic surgery available to look like she did. Patsy had told her about her past and how she was called Patsy the pasty pig. Finally getting empowered by some motivational speaker she got the nerves to loose weight and get all the surgeries she had. It had paid off too, she was hot and rumors were she was dating a famous person in the down low. She hadn’t confirmed it yet but, she was going to ask her soon. She looked at her watch and realized it was time to go say good-bye to the only good thing from her past, Gilbert. His plane would leave in exactly an hour in half, she had to hurry. Not saying a thing she ran out her house and told her driver where to go. Someday she would have the guts to drive a car, for god’s sakes she could have any car she wanted. What a big irony she thought, her father was CEO for the biggest dealership in town and yet she didn’t even drive. Kind of funny actually, she thought as she giggled.

She had dosed off on the fifteen minute drive to the airport, she didn’t even feel tired. She stretched and with caution straightened her blouse. She tried really hard to look good for her friend at least this one last time. She had actually tried to straighten her hair but it was all frizzy, and she wore her contacts for once. She wore a nice silk blouse a little too feminine for her, but it was for a good cause to see her friend smile one last time. She hated the contacts already; she rubbed her eyes forgetting she had put on some eyeliner.

He saw her walking in and smiled, she was a trying at least. Her hair reminded him of Hermione from Harry Potter, frizzy and puffed up. One day he will be able to make her look beautiful, he thought as he surprised her from behind. “I almost confused you with someone famous,” he said as he hugged her.

“Really, Who?” she asked enthusiastically.

“I know you have seen Harry Potter right? Well Hermione,” he said with a big grin on his face.

She grunted at his comment and changed conversation, “So my mom sends you this,” she handed over the topper ware container to him. Smiling as she saw his face light realizing that it was his favorite dessert. “Mom, wanted you to have some, so that you won’t forget easily of her cooking, besides she knows it’s your favorite. God knows when you will taste it again,” she said as her smile turned into a frown.

“Come on Lizzie, please don’t make this harder than it is,” he said as he started walking again.

She followed her friend to the waiting area, taking a seat beside him. “You’ll tell me if you get a boyfriend right?” she asked him as she looked down at the floor.

“Of course you will be the first to know,” he said as he took a bite of the Flan. He loved Flan especially Judy Vickers Flan. “You think your mom can make me a year supply of this stuff,” he asked with his mouth full savoring the delicious dessert.

She knew he was trying to lighten the mood, so she laughed at his silly question. “Gibbs I don’t think that’s possible, but I’ll ask mom she is capable of doing the impossible.”

He put away the dessert making mental note to devour it later. He turned to face his friend and spoke, “Remember in tenth grade, when we were at Woodworks park one night and we made a promise?” he asked as he grabbed his friend’s hand.

She smiled as she remembered the silly promise, “yeah I remember if I would of known then that you wouldn’t be attracted to girls I would of made that promise with Moe the buggy boy in Economics class!” she said as a joke.

“Please, he ate his boogers!” said Gilbert with despise. “Anyways, Lizzie I will keep that promise, if by age thirty five both of us are not happy with someone romantically, I will marry you. Because even though, I prefer men I have to admit I have always had a crush on you. You want to why Lizzie?” he asked her as he looked into her eyes.

She just nodded as she heard her friend speak. Was she hearing this right? Gibbs has had a crush on her; can gay men have crushes on women?

“Because, you’re different from all the girls I’ve met. You were my friend when I was nothing and you are the most romantic person I know. Your poems are so beautiful and you listen, you’re a beautiful woman Lizzie. You’re Lizzie and there is no one else like you out there.” He kissed her cheek and that’s when he heard the call for his flight. “I guess I have to go already.”

She was in shock her best friend was leaving her, she hugged him and whispered in his ear, “I will keep my side of the promise, Gibbs, I wouldn’t be happier with anyone else. Call me when you land and keep me informed ok?”

“Ok,” he said as he grabbed his stuff and walked away.

She watched him vanish into the corner and she quickly turned to walk away. She could barely hold her tears, she was a mess and her best friend was gone.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He put on his cap and glasses; he doubled checked to make sure no one would recognize him. After a heads up from his body guard Mark, he walked out as quickly and swiftly as possibly from the men’s room. Thank god it was night and the airport looked almost empty a few people here and there but not that crowded. He tried to blend in as much as possible he smiled as he saw the exit and he was still in one piece. He was going to surprise his mother, by arriving a few days earlier than expected. He wanted to see the beautiful home she so much talked to him about on the phone. He was so close to the exit he could feel the breeze of the ocean already when he lost balance and fell to the ground. “What the fuck,” he said as he realized someone had bumped into him. He quickly got help from Mark.

“Oh, I am so sorry I didn’t mean to I was just not paying attention. My best friend just left and I am melancholy…” she shut her mouth when she saw the look of anger and awkwardness on the man’s face.

Oh, my god he thought this was the most hideous person he had seen, she was just something else. She had black eyeliner smeared all over her face and her hair could be a bush. What was she wearing? “It’s ok,” he said as he dusted his pants. He picked up his cap and in it was this clear pinkish thing. He looked at it with disgust and was about to through it away when he heard the girl speak again.

“Oh, that’s my retainer,” she said and grabbed it putting in her pocket. She felt him staring at her and she knew exactly what he was thinking, what a horrible creature. She quickly controlled her nerves and ran out the exit not wanting to look back. That’s why she hated to go out she only caused people to feel disgusted.
Chapter 3 by summer03
She looked at her phone, her yahoo messenger, and she had even checked her mailbox twice since she had arrived from work. Yet there had been no call from Gilbert, had he forgotten about her already? She wanted to stay positive and think he had just been busy. Or maybe he was lost in that big city; she started to sign out of her messenger slowly trying to see any movement from her friends IM. She finally logged out and looked around her room; she was now truly a loner. She saw Hairy staring at her with sadness in his eyes; did he feel like she did? Could it be possible that he felt her pain, “oh, Hairy I miss Gibbs.” She petted the dog and came to a conclusion that she needed a walk. Grabbing Hairy’s leash she walked out the door, only to turn back around and grabbing her glasses from the computer desk. “Ok, now we can go Hairy” she said as she walked down the stairs followed by a very excited Hairy. “MOM, I am going for a walk with Hairy!” she yelled just to hear her echo in the huge house. Where could her mom be? She just shrugged it off and opened the door, instantly the breeze hitting her face.

Looking out the kitchen window, she saw her daughter leave in company of Hairy. Mona never did any walking unless she was really down, she knew she missed Gilbert. She was brought back from her thoughts, as Denise looked out the window in the direction of her stare.

“Is that your daughter?” asked Denise as she saw the young woman almost trip with the dog. Poor girl, she seemed tormented she had seen her looking out a window yesterday. She had noticed her there for a long time and feeling sorry for her, she had waved. “I think I might’ve scared her yesterday,” she told her new friend Judy.

“Yes, that’s my girl the only one,” she said with pride, a lump rising to her throat as she got the guilty feeling, that because of her, her daughter was like she was. “So you’ve met her already?”


“No, not really actually I was outside working on my new garden. I happen to glance to your house and caught her staring at the sold sign outside. So I waved hello, but I think I’ve might have startled her. I should tell Alex to take the sign out for me already.” She gestured Judy to have a seat on a stool, where she placed a glass of iced tea.

“Alex?” she asked as she took a seat. So she did have a husband after all.

“Oh, yeah my son, he came into town to see my house. He will be here for a few weeks.” She said as she took a glass of tea for herself. Grabbing the plate of cookies Judy had brought her over a couple of minutes ago. “These look delicious Judy,” she said as she grabbed one and took a bite.

“Thanks, I made them myself from scratch. I am a retired chef, so I am always cooking or baking something up. I hope you don’t mind me bringing you some of my desserts once in a while.” She said as she grabbed a cookie.

“Mom, have you seen-“he stopped in his tracks and was startled to see the tall woman sitting in the kitchen with his mother. Turning shades of red he ran back upstairs to put on some clothes. He had just been seen in boxers, by a strange woman which could be paparazzi.

“Oh, my you have a handsome boy, Denise,” said Judy looking down as the young man ran out of the kitchen. “He has the bad boy look going for him, huh?” she winked at her. Man was he built and nice looking, he looked friendly even if he did have quite a collection of body art.

“Yeah he likes to be different, but he is a sweetheart and a sap,” she said as she smiled at her. “He likes to stand out, make new friends and loves to talk. I love him and he is my baby even if he is twenty five. He has gone through so much and he is a fighter.” She said remembering the past few years of torture with her son’s problems.

“Well, I wish my daughter would at least once try something daring. She is so shy and always negative about her appearance,” said Judy as she told Denise her worry. “I just worry that she will never be happy you know. She is so beautiful, talented, and smart yet she always puts herself down. Especially now that her only friend moved away for god knows how long. You know they grew up inseparable, and I always knew she had grown to like him. But, Gilbert never saw her like a girlfriend; because it turns out he’s gay. Gilbert started to be conscious of his appearance, he lost 150 pounds. Only making my daughter feel guiltier of her appearance, she never told him that, she was jealous of his success in looking, good. You should see him now he’s a hottie. But, even though he started to get the attention from people that had never spoke to him before, he never left his best friend, they were like Jack and Jill always together.” She stopped talking when she saw the look of sadness on Denise. She didn’t want pity, and for sure neither did Mona. “I am so sorry, I shouldn’t be telling you this yet I mean we’ve only been neighbors for two weeks.”

“Its ok,” she said as she grabbed the woman’s hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. She looked like she needed reassurance that her daughter was going to be ok. Now she wished she could help in someway, maybe if the right person tried to talk to her. She was about to tell her about her idea when, her son returned fully clothed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So many things ran through her mind as she went through the paperwork on her desk. She couldn’t concentrate; she put down the papers and without hesitation walked out of her office. “Patsy want to go to lunch with me?” she asked her new and only friend at her job.

“I’d love too, but who will answer the phones while I’m gone?” she asked as she looked around to see who she could ask. “Hang on let me ask Glenda,” she walked away leaving Lisa waiting.

Five minutes later she was in the passenger side of Patsy’s Chevy Tahoe. She was nervous now; she usually never went out to eat. Her mother always had something made for her and thinking about it she didn’t like the city. Usually she would just arrive to her job and then ride back to Clewiston, never spending more time than necessary in the city. “Where are we going,” she asked trying to sound calm.


“Well, I know this little place just a few miles away that makes the best Greek food available! I haven’t been there in a while, so what do you think?” she said as she came to a red light.

“Greek food, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try it,” she said as she looked toward her friend.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She plopped herself on her bed as she saw the calendar, three moths till November. Maybe she could convince her father about getting Jim to come down now. She was interrupted by a soft knock on her door. “Come in,” she said as she put away her calendar.

“Hey sweetie, how you are feeling? Any news from Gilbert yet?” asked Judy as she took a seat on the big plush bed.

“Noooo, I think he just forgot about me, probably found better friends.” She said in a melancholic tone. She looked at her mother in curiosity; she knew she was in her room for a reason. “Ok spill what do you have to tell me,” she said as she looked at her mother.

“Oh, honey I just wanted to tell you dinner will be ready soon and I need you to dress suitable for the occasion because I invited our new neighbor over to have dinner with us. She is bringing her son along so, I would appreciate it if you could make him feel welcome. You know talk to him sweetie, don’t just sit at the table like a big… like a big – blob.” She smiled at her daughter and swiftly before she could hear a “but” from her daughter she exited her room. She sighed heavily as she heard her moan in disagreement. She was doing this for her own good, for god sakes Gilbert was not going to turn straight any time soon. Besides she just wanted her to make a new friend that’s all.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“I don’t know mom, I mean I don’t know if this is right. I mean the poor girl likes to be alone, that’s how it looks to me,” he said to his mother as he exhaled the cigarette smoke out into the dark breezy night. “To be honest, I am only going because I want a really good meal; I haven’t had an honest to good meal in a while.”

“Alex! She really could use a friend and you know how hard it is to find a good friend, that doesn’t want to use her for something.” She said as she looked at her son, “Look I am not asking for you to marry her or even be anything more than a friend. She’s lonely and shy, show her how to live in a healthy way.” She turned him to face her and kissed his forehead softly, “it will help you heal too,” she whispered.

He couldn’t say no to his mother’s pleading eyes, besides she was right he was in a process of healing and making someone who felt like he used to feel, feel better, would only make him feel like he was healing. He sighed, “Ok, you win but this might take time and I don’t want anyone to know about this, yet.” He looked at his mother with a demanding look as to tell her she better not open her mouth about this. He smiled as she pretended to zip her mouth and together crossed Melrose Dr. to the Vickers home.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She heard the doorbell, but did not go to it. She ran to the bathroom instead, her father could get it. How could her mom expect her to do this, she sighed and looked at her reflection on the mirror. Her hair was a mess, she quickly put it in a bun she didn’t know why she was trying to look good. It wasn’t like she was going to listen to her mother, she had everything planned already. She was going to pick the, I don’t feel good route and exit the dinning room. She looked at herself one more time and sighed heavily as she heard her mother’s voice welcoming her new friend. “Ok here goes nothing.”

“Oh great sweetie you’re here,” she told her daughter as she walked in the living room. She could tell her daughter was nervous, but she was glad she had decided to come down. “This is my girl, Denise,” she told Denise as she grabbed her daughter’s hand pulling her toward the guests. “Denise and – I am sorry I forgot your name, sweetie,” she said to Alex.

“It’s AJ,” he said as he extended his hand to the young woman. He felt like he had seen her before but where?

She took his hand, softly shook it, only then realizing he had tattoos all over his arms. What had gotten to her mother, she hated all that stuff she thought that was not correct. “Hi, I am Lisa,” she said shyly, quickly letting his hand go. She could feel his stare; on her she hadn’t yet made contact with his face. She slowly and almost forcing her will, looked up only to have a flashback. He was the guy that she had bumped to in the airport days ago; he was standing in her house. She quickly excused herself and literally sprinted to the bathroom again. She felt her lungs tightening; this couldn’t get any worse than it already was. Did he recognize her? She heard a soft knock on the door, bringing her back, “I’ll be right out,” she said as she heard her father outside the door.

“Ok, we will be waiting in the dinning room for you,” he said to his daughter. Why was Judy putting his angel through this, what was she up to. Usually she knew better than to invite people over especially strangers, so this lady was the new neighbor. She was still a stranger and her son he looked ghetto. He probably was some gang banger, maybe they worked in money laundering, how else could she buy that house? He stopped his brain from his wild thoughts, Judy knew better right? He walked into the dinning room where there visitors had already been seated. “Sorry, my daughter’s not feeling well today, but she will be here in a few minutes. So Ms. McLean what is that you do again?”

“Well, now I am actually studying to get my counseling license,” she told the tall man, he reminded her of a salesman, with the way he spoke. To think he was actually the president of a big dealership in Palm Beach “So, Judy told me that you could help me get a good deal, in a car.”

“Ah, I see Judy already told you about me huh? Yeah, sure just tell me when we can meet I’m sure I can get you something,” he smiled at the red head. “I am sorry son what was it that you did,” he eyed the young man who quietly sat listening to his and his mother’s conversation.

He was caught off guard, what was he going to say? “I uh, well I am in the business of traveling, I travel.” He said nervously, he didn’t want to say the truth; he wanted to feel normal for once.

“Dinner is ready!” said Judy as she came carrying a casserole in hand. “Bobby will you help me bring in the rest of the food please,” she told her husband as she set the casserole on the table.

She finally giggled after the couple left the dinning room, “so you’re in the business of traveling, very interesting,” she laughed harder. Her son sometimes did loose it.

“Well what was I suppose to say? Well sir I am a backstreet boy, you know I am in a boy band, I sing for a living. Yeah that would really help my anonymous life here when I come to visit you in this town.” He rolled his eyes to her mother, also not being able to hold his laughter. She was right though he had sounded so stupid, why couldn’t he say he was a marine or something. It was to late now. He stopped laughing when he saw her walking in slowly from the corner of his eye. He now knew from where he had seen her, she was the klutz that had bumped into him the day he had arrived at the airport. Now he understood her sudden departure to another part of the house, she was embarrassed or did she know who he was?

She wanted to turn right back out of the room, but it was too late she had been seen by both of them. Where was her mother, she smiled and slowly took a seat. “Sorry about the long wait,” she said as she fixed her glasses.

“No problem dear,” said Denise as she gave her a warm smile. Poor girl she looked scared, she really need to get her self-esteem up. She was about to say something when Judy and her husband arrived with the rest of the feast. She would try to talk to her later; she inhaled the aroma of the food that was being set on the table. Wow, she now had a friend who was a chef, she going to ask her for lessons.

“Ok, well lets not wait any longer, lets dig in,” said Mr. Vickers as he took a seat next to his wife.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She had to admit that the guy had done a 360 in the way he acted today, to the day she had bumped to him in the airport. He was a funny man, she had even laughed. She placed a piece of her mother’s New York style cheese cake in front of him and couldn’t help the feeling she felt run through her spine. Could she possibly carry a conversation with him, he was so different to Gilbert, he was for one straight. She shook away her thoughts and continued to place a piece of cake in front of everyone’s plate. He mother followed with the strawberry topping, she finally took a seat and without hesitation dived her fork into her piece of cake.

He watched her eat her cake; she had been quiet through dinner. He had caught her laugh at a couple of his jokes, which was a start. She was something new to him; she was weird and was that a mustache he saw on her upper lip? She definitely wasn’t his type, but he wasn’t going to date her. He was just going to be her friend and maybe help out with her wardrobe. Maybe with that he could help her find a date. He watched her excuse herself quick, and without hesitation he looked at Judy for permission to go after her. He was going to make her want to make friends, she was going to change Dam it if not he should not be called AJ or Alex. After getting an ok, he walked toward the kitchen where he had seen her walk into. He walked into the lovely kitchen only to notice that the backdoor was open. Perfect he thought that way he could smoke, he needed it. He walked through the door and spotted her sitting on a chair looking up at the sky. “Do you mind if I sit here with you? I just don’t want to smoke inside,” he said as he showed her his cigarette.

She just shrugged her shoulders and quickly wanted to leave, but she couldn’t she was not disrespectful. She watched him light up the cigarette inhaling as soon as it lit. “Uh, AJ right?” she asked him as she faced him. She saw him nod and spoke again, “look I know my mother like the palm of my hand, I know she put you up to this. I am sorry for that; I don’t want you to feel obligated to this torture. So let’s just end this thing before it even starts.” She said and got up to leave, only to feel a grip on her arm.

He grabbed her as she stood to leave; this girl was good she had hit the target. Now she was right to think that he was doing this as favor, but not after hearing her realize and admit she was loser. It made him feel bad now he did want to be her friend; get to know the girl behind those glasses. “Well, you’re wrong,” he said, “I do want to get to know you, I want to enjoy my stay here. I think you and me could be good friends so how about if we give each other that chance.”

She was caught off guard as she heard him, was he serious no man other than Gilbert ever told her that. Usually she was the freak, the only time she got talked to was, back in high school only to be used to pass some big exam. She had accepted that, so at least once in a while she could experience a new friend, even if it only lasted a few days. Why would he want to be her friend? “Why do you want to be my friend? Out of all the girls in this neighborhood why me? I am boring, I don’t party and I don’t drink…” she said with anger in her voice, now she was angry. She didn’t even know why but she was.

“I don’t drink – anymore,” he said as he let go of her hand. “Look, seriously I want to get to know you, I think you will be a great friend. Unless you think I am a freak or something that I can’t be part of your group of friends or maybe I am not worthy of meeting them.” He loved using reverse psychology, he felt guilty though having to pretend like he didn’t know she only had one friend, who had abandoned her. He smiled at her with a genuine smile, she looked up for once staring into his eyes. She had the prettiest hazel eyes, to bad the glasses didn’t let them shine to their fullest. Even in the dark, he could see them shine, “I am here on vacation and would love to learn more about this lovely little town that I never knew existed. And I was born here in Florida!”

She was trying so hard to look serious with this situation and she had to admit that it excited her to know someone wanted to be her friend. “I don’t know what to say, I never had friends, I have a friend but, I can’t present him to you because he’s in New York. He’s an actor in Broadway and he won’t be back in a very long time. I might never hear from him again…” she lowered her head as she finally had come to a conclusion that Gilbert had forgotten about her for good. “I think you should find someone who will show, you what popular people do. Like clubs, restaurants, and what not I can’t I am boring with a capital B.”

“To be honest with you, I am tired of clubs and popularity! I yearn for BORING! So befriending you will be perfect.” He wasn’t going to go down easily, beside it was true he wanted to experience something outside of what society thought was fun. “Tell you what you show me to be boring and I will show you fun!”

He wasn’t taking no for answer and she couldn’t help but laugh at his comment. “I don’t know why I am accepting your offer, but I am. I am warning you though I am beyond boring…”

He smiled as his persistence prevailed. “Ok good so what is it that you do after dinner?”
Chapter 4 by summer03
She looked at her watch again, she was about to leave with him and she felt sick. She was nervous what were they going to talk about? Sure the other night outside in the yard they talked, she just was so nervous she didn’t even remember about what. She wiped her sweaty hands over and over. What was she suppose to talk to him about? Apparently boring stuff, but what? She was startled when she heard her doorbell ring that was him. She ran down the stairs and beat her mother to the door. “I got it,” she told her mother shyly and shooing her away. She took a deep breath and was disappointed when there stood Jesse the mailman. “Hey Jesse,” she said with a disappointed tone.

“Hey, Lisa just the person I needed,” he smiled and handed an overnight package with her name on it.

She saw from where it was from and her heart jumped. “It’s from New York,” she said as she signed the green paper for Jesse.

“Yep, well I got to get going. I have a lot to do still, its Saturday I am trying to finish early. Say hi, to your mother for me and tell her those cookies were good,” he walked away slowly.

“Ok I will,” she said as she closed the door slowly not taking her stare away from the package. She felt angry and happy for Gilbert had finally remembered about her. She didn’t want to wait any longer and tore open the small package. In it was a short letter and tickets. A two way ticket to New York and a ticket to see his show, she put those back into the package and read the letter, she smiled as she recognized Gilbert’s handwriting.

Hey Precious,

I am sorry for the delay, but it has been so hard adapting to my new life. But, thoughts of you have kept me through it all. I am having the time of my life Lizzie, I met Kelly Preston! She is the best and I am just meeting so many people. I don’t want to bore you with it on paper; I will call you soon and spill it out all for you. So our show has been sold out so far, as you can see by now you have found the tickets. I promised you I would bring down here so I am. I am sorry though that they are dated for November, but it will be awesome. So how are you? I am missing you so much, but I do have to tell you about this guy I met – so cute! His name is Richard; we’ve been talking since I arrived! Nothing romantically but it’s a start. I really want to talk to you but I have been so busy I barely got time to send you this! I haven’t even seen my emails, but I will soon. Lizzie I love you and I am counting the days for you to come down. I have to go to rehearsals again so I will let you go, but not before telling you that I miss you and love you so much. Take care precious…

Johnny Gibbs

P.S. doesn’t my name sound awesome…? I will call you soon…

She removed her glasses to wipe away her tears, he hadn’t forgotten about her. Gilbert was still her friend… and he missed her. She re-read the letter again and again. She felt happy; at least she knew he was ok. She was startled again by the doorbell, she took a deep breath and put her glasses back on. She opened the door and there stood AJ, her new acquaintance.

He saw her red eyes and wondered why she was crying. “Hey, so are you ready for my first boring lesson?” he said trying to break the ice. He gave her a smile as he walked inside the house.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“I don’t think this is boring at all, it’s different to what I usually do though,” said AJ as he continued to make his bowl out of clay. Why did he get to make the bowl and not the piggy bank? “How come I get to make the bowl?” he asked her as he watched her hard at work on the piggy’s ears.

She looked up and laughed as she saw his face, “because you need to start easy then you can do more complicated things.” She continued to laugh though, he had clay on his nose and hair thank god he didn’t hesitate to wear the apron.

“What? Why are you laughing?” he asked her now wondering what had made her laugh.

She stopped her work and brought a mirror to him? “This,” she said as she showed him the mirror. “You’re a mess. Where did you not get clay on?” she asked.

“You,” he answered with an evil grin on his face. Before she could duck he flung a piece of clay to her smacking right on her forehead. He laughed as he saw her surprised face.

“Oh, it’s on,” she said and walked to where she kept her paints brushes and her paint. Taking out a bottle of red paint, opening it she turned and squirted it directly his way, hitting him on his back, since he had tried to run away.

“This is my favorite shirt! It was not cheap either,” he said as he turned around and ran right for her! Only she ran away, this was now a war zone.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

They looked around her workshop, only it was now pretty messy, the good thing was her paintings were not this room but in the one next to it. “Well, this is your entire fault!” she said as she wiped her face which now had paint all over it.

“My fault?” he asked in mockery. Ok so maybe it was but he had gotten her to go outside her boring routine. “Ok I have to admit it was, but who made me do it?”

“Oh, no you don’t, all I did was show you how sloppy you were. It’s not my fault you’re not an artist!” she said in defense, but she had to admit she had fun. Having fun was actually… - fun?

“For your information I am an artist! Just not a boring one.” He said back to her, how daring of her to tell him he was not an artist.

“Oh, yeah what kind of artist are you?” she asked him in a demanding tone.

“I am an artist I just can’t tell you what kind,” he said remembering that he must keep that to himself. “So, I am thirsty do you have anything to drink, besides water?”

“Hmm, why can’t you tell me? Cause your lying aren’t you?” she stared at him as she told him that. Even though his swift change of the conversation made her feel like he was hiding something. Something big, she was now curious to find out about. “I can make some lemonade if you want,” she offered as she opened a cupboard where there was some towels. She handed him one and grabbed one for herself.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After an intense cleaning session of her workshop, they were sitting in the back yard. “So I had fun, I thought you were suppose to show me how to be bored.” He said as he exhaled the smoke from his mouth, bringing his cigarette back into his mouth for a second time.

She shrugged her shoulders, “well I always thought that popular people thought art was boring,” she said with honesty, she really didn’t think he would have enjoyed his first session in clay so much. Well maybe they used more than clay, “I am glad to know that you actually had fun.”

“I did and your paintings are awesome,” he said as he finished his cigarette. Tossing away the cigarette butt, “have you ever thought about putting them up for sale?” he asked.

“No, but Gilbert always told me I should,” she said as looked up to the clear blue sky. “So are you going to tell me what talent you have that classifies you as an artist?” she asked him as she looked back to him.

“I could but then I would have to kill you,” he said as he smiled at her. She hadn’t forgotten about that. He was hoping she would’ve, could he trust her? She didn’t have friends to tell to anyway. He sighed and spoke, “Ok but can I trust you to keep it to yourself?”

“Yes, or you could always not tell me and then I will go with my dads theory,” she told him as she returned the smirk to him.

“What theory?” he asked as he looked at her questioningly.

“Well he said that you told him you were in the business of traveling. He thinks you just tell that to your mom and that you work for the mob or something. He said that maybe you might even be a gang banger” she answered.

He busted out laughing this was truly the best guess to his job position. “That’s a good one, but nope that’s not right. Ok I am going to tell you but to make this interesting I tell you little bit about me and in return you tell me more about you deal?” he said still laughing about what he had just heard.

“Ok,” she told him. This was going to be good, what could he possibly be, a singer or actor? He probably was some traveling agent. Besides she didn’t have anything interesting to share what could she loose?

“Ok, so my real job is…” he stopped and teased her by not saying a word. Making her look at him with great expectation. “I sing that’s it” he said slapping his hand on his lap.

“You sing, so your famous than right?” she asked more in a doubting tone than actually believing him.

“As a matter of fact I am,” he said as he remembered those days; the long tours and the crazy fans but, most of all the guys. He hadn’t seen them since he got out of rehab. He sighed heavily as he remembered it all.

She saw the sad face he got as he answered her. He too looked sad, “really, how come I don’t recognize you? What kind of music do you sing?” she asked hoping to lighten the mood he now seemed to be in.

“Pop, I guess… I really don’t know how to describe our genre, but I miss those days,” he said and once again sighed. “See I screwed up, it’s my fault that I am or we are not singing anymore. I screwed up and ended bringing down the greatest thing that ever happened to me and the rest of the band. I got dragged into the bad things in the industry and ended with the wrong crowd of friends. Forgetting who my real friends were, slowly I start to destroy myself till my real friends couldn’t take it anymore and gave me an ultimatum. But, I didn’t listen, so they threaten to through me out of the group, that’s when I realized I had screwed up. They showed me that they loved me, by stopping our touring for me, I willing checked into rehabilitation for alcohol and illegal substances. We then continued our tour and then we decided it was time for a break after so many years of hard work. We were all exhausted I guess, it’s been two years since that break and seems that all my band mates are not willing to give our band another try anymore,” he said with tears now in his eyes.

He was crying and she felt sad, he truly did want to be her friend. She didn’t know what to say to make him feel better. She just stared at him, “I am sorry I don’t know how to be a good friend, tell me what I am suppose to do?” she said with a concerned tone.

“I could use a hug,” he said as he looked at her.

“Ok,” she said as she leaned in to hug him. She was new to this friendship thing in way Gilbert counted as family, but so far it was liberating to her. She now knew she wasn’t the only one with issues; there were people like her suffering of something.
Chapter 5 by summer03
Two weeks ago, she didn’t think she could stand not having Gilbert here to help her out. Now she had AJ, he was different yet he was fun. She looked at her watch she couldn’t wait to leave her work. Now all she wanted was to spend more time with him, he was just so much fun to be with. He understood her and she understood him. He understood him and she was having a blast with him. His voice was incredible and he was teaching her to play the drums, she had always wanted to learn to play an instrument. She was teaching him how to paint. She knew he would soon leave, he had told her about his girlfriend Sarah. How great she was to him even before his rehab, he also had to face the media and see if he could do some shows with his alter ego Johnny No Name. She had even bought his CD’s to listen to his music. The Backstreet boys, she hadn’t really liked pop but, after hearing the group she had to admit they knew how sing. She was interrupted by a knock on her door.

“Hey, Lizzie, I have a message from some guy name CJ or was it AJ, I don’t remember but he told me to tell you to call him.” She said as she handed her the piece of paper to her. “I think he thought I was lying to him when I told him you were on the phone,” said Patsy as she took a seat in front of Lizzie’s desk. She smiled as she saw her face brighten at the mention of the guy’s name.

“Thanks Pat,” she said as she looked through her cell phone for his phone number. She noticed Pat staring at her with curiosity. “What? He’s just a friend,” she said to her.

“Nothing, it’s just nice to see you have other friends,” said Patsy as she stood and walked to the door. “Just promise me you will tell me later about this,” she said as she opened the door.

“I will soon, “she said as she found what she was looking for. She quickly dialed the number not even noticing that Patsy was now gone.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She walked slowly to big white door; with hesitation she rang the doorbell. She was about to run when the door opened and their stood a woman a little taller than her. She didn’t know what to say, but was surprised to learn that this strange woman knew her name.

“Oh, hi you must be Lisa! Come in please, “she moved out of the way to let the young woman in. Alex had filled her in on the situation and she was happy for her and him. “Gosh, I am so rude I am Sarah Martin,” she extended her hand to her.

She shyly shook her hand, she was gorgeous. She felt intimidated and felt jealous not because she was dating AJ, it was because she looked good and she radiated confidence. Something she very much lacked of, she was jealous of that right? She fixed her glasses again and looked down to the floor, “it’s nice to meet you, I am Lisa Vickers,” she said in almost a whisper. She was already thinking of what she was going to say to excuse herself away from there.

“Hey, Liz glad you made it,” he said as he walked in to the foyer. He greeted her with a smile. Then he intertwined his hand with Sarah’s, he knew she was uncomfortable but he knew Sarah would break that tension soon. “I see you met my girl, she gave me a surprise today when she showed up here at mom’s house.” He just felt like he needed to explain that to her, to let her know he had not planned this. He wanted her to trust him, he was her friend.

“Wow, well that’s good cause I had come to cancel our lesson for today,” she lied as she nervously played with her fingers. She was in the verge of crying, and she didn’t know why. Why was she having trouble with this, he had only been her friend for a little over two weeks. She had to get out of there soon, she knew if not she would break. “I have an appointment at the dentist and I had totally forgotten about it till I got the call to remind me!” Without waiting for a respond she walked to the door, opened the door and ran toward her house.

“Wow she really is shy isn’t she?” she looked at him who was still staring at the recently closed door. “So does that mean you can go with me?” she asked as she pulled his face toward her face and kissing him softly on the lips.

“Well, I kind of wanted to stay here and enjoy my last week of peace and serenity. If I go with you to Orlando I won’t get that and you know that baby,” he said as he caressed her cheek. “I am actually enjoying the normality,” he said.

“You sure it’s that only Alex?” she asked more as joke than a doubt. I mean why would he want anything more with that poor girl right? She had more chances of loosing him to one of her own friends than that poor rich girl. She laughed as she saw his face expression change after her question.

“What? Seriously babe you think I have a crush on her? Your kidding right I’ve only known her for two weeks and have you seen her? She is not my taste, I like hot and well endowed women like you,” he said as he gave her a grin. “I mean please she wears turtle necks on a beautiful sunny day in Florida! She hides herself in layers of clothes, stay assured sweetie you have nothing to worry about with her.” He laughed along as he realized she was just joking with him. “But since you are here right now how about we enjoy this day,” he raised his eyebrows as he pulled her toward him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He sighed heavily as he realized where he was, he was in front of the Vickers home. Two days had passed since Sarah had come and it seemed like since then Lisa was not available at all. It was bothering him; he wanted to know what was going on? Why had she all of sudden did not want to see him. He missed her company, in the past few weeks he had totally experienced a different world to his. He appreciated the new perspective and in some way yearned to learn more. Deep inside he felt a connection with her; she was showing him things he didn’t know existed. He had truly missed her the past two days. He felt she was ignoring him, why? He slowly pushed the doorbell, smiling as he heard Hairy barking.

She heard the door and hesitantly went to open it, it was Sunday and her parents were out. She had been tempted to go and see AJ, but she just couldn’t she was mad at him. She didn’t understand these feelings she was suddenly having. Who could it be at the door she thought as she quieted Hairy who hysterically barked at the door? She opened the door and felt like shutting it as soon as she saw who was there. She couldn’t do it though because it wasn’t his fault, it was hers, “Hey, come in.” She allowed him to come in.

“Hey, are you busy? Or can we talk?” he asked as he petted Hairy who was now wanting his attention. He noticed her body language, she was embarrassed but of what?

“I was about to take Hairy to the back and catch up on my reading for awhile,” she answered as she flashed him the book on her hand. She walked toward the back exit and waved for him to follow, as she let Hairy out. She smiled as she saw Hairy go wild in the back yard.

“You know, I like your back yard more than my mom’s, it’s bigger and has a pool,” he said as he walked out to the yard. He smiled as he got an idea in his head.

“What? Your mom has a pool too,” she said to him. She felt an awkward sensation as she saw him staring at her with a wicked smile. She didn’t like that look, he was up to something and she didn’t want to find out. “An indoor pool is so much better…”

“Nah, I still like your’s it allows you to feel the natural breeze,” he said as he swiftly stood behind her. He smiled as he realized this was going to be easier than he thought. He got really close to her and before she could realize what was going to happen he picked her up and threw into the pool. To his dismay she was strong enough and pulled him in as well. He was startled as he hit the cool water. Yeah it had been a big mistake…

She finally reached the top and exhaled, she knew he was up to something stupid…the good thing she was able to bring him down with her. “AJ?” she looked around but did not see him anywhere. She started to panic what if he didn’t know how to swim? She suddenly felt a hard tug on her feet and all she remembered was being submerged into the water again. Resurfacing quickly she caught her breath, “AJ, your so dead!” she said as she spotted him getting out of her pool. But, before she could pull him back he was already out and away from the edge of the pool. So without hesitation she got out too.

He was turned around and hadn’t seen her get out. When he did he was caught off guard, she was soaking wet and her loose clothes was stuck to her body showing it off. She had a gorgeous body, why did she hide it? She had a beautiful body all she needed was little makeover, then she didn’t have to worry about not having friends. He finally realized he was staring for to long and quickly turned around, “Uhm, I think we should change because today is my turn to show you some fun. Meet me at my mom’s after you get dressed, I am going to borrow my mom’s car.” With that he quickly disappeared, he didn’t know why but he just needed to leave.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Honestly AJ this was fun for you?” she said as she helped him bring all the shopping bags. She couldn’t believe she had actually accepted his offer of changing her look.

“Well, no and yes see the fun part will be your makeover,” he said as he winked at her. Now come on I have a lot of work to do. He opened the door to his room for her, “first off I think we need my mom’s assistance with the eyebrows and facial hair.” With that he disappeared and was back in a second with Denise by his side. “My mom used to tour with us back in the day, so she knows how to do the makeup and the waxing part. I leave you in good hands, I will be back in a few,” he looked at her and then at his mother. Then without hesitation he left, he knew exactly where he was going.

“I see my son told you about his vocation,” she smiled at her. She looked frightened, “I really do know what I am doing and you will look so gorgeous when I am done, not that you’re not already beautiful” she finished. “My son really does like your friendship; he tells me you’re a wonderful painter and writer. If you ever decide to publish your poems or if you need any help with your art work let me know, I know some people that can help you. Maybe you can show me one of this days some of your work.”

“Yeah, one of these days,” she said as she frowned feeling exposed since Denise had removed her glasses. “I am really not that good, AJ is just trying to be nice.” She did feel like her soul was glowing with happiness to learn that AJ was talking about her to other people. He liked her work, which made her feel important for once. Maybe she could sell her paintings, maybe open a small shop in town to sell them.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“NO!” she screamed as she stopped him from breaking her glasses. “I don’t have contacts, cause I can’t wear them!” she then took them from him and put them back on her face, she felt safe with them on.

“Fine, you can keep them but, we have to go get you cooler ones, that make you look sophisticated,” he smiled as he looked at her. “Wow mom, you did an awesome job,” he said as he looked at her.

“Thanks, it was my pleasure doing it, Mona you look great!” she gave her a hug and with that she dismissed herself. “Well I would love to keep helping you Alex but, I have to go study for my test. Oh, but don’t worry Mona, he is trustable and I am sure he will do a great job.”

“Oh, thanks Mrs. McLean, I don’t know how to thank you for this.” She smiled as she saw her disappear through the door. “Can I see myself now?” she asked as she turned to look at a curious faced AJ, staring at her.

“No, not yet we still have to do your hair and wardrobe! But tell me about your name I thought your name was Lisa? Is it not?” he asked as he looked through another shopping bag.

“Oh, nothing its – nothing my name is Lisa” she said as she looked away blushing. She didn’t like to talk about her first name; she hated it with a capital H.

“Oh, come on “Mona” tell me, I’ve told you my real name and a lot more of my shit! I promise I won’t laugh,” he pleaded to her with his eyes.

She sighed and spoke, “fine, but first I am not wearing that!” she said as she pointed to the shirt he was holding in his hand. She laughed as he hesitantly threw it on his bed and went back to the shopping bag. “My whole name is – “she paused and watched him bring out another shirt. She did like this one more, it was much more decent for her taste. “Ramona Lisa Vickers, but, I hate my first name for many reasons. My mother is the only one who calls me by my first name, I guess your mom heard her and now she too calls me Mona.” She made a gagging face as she said her first name. My daddy also calls me Mona when his frustrated with me. “You’re not allowed to call me by my first name, because I don’t like it!”

He smiled and spoke, “I think you have a rare and unique name! AND it fits you!” He smiled and handed her a shirt and pants. “Now try these on,” with that he stepped out the room closing the door behind him. “Don’t you dare take a look at the mirror or I will call you Ramona for the rest of your life!” he yelled from outside the door.
Chapter 6 by summer03
“No excuses we are going to the movies! Today I will show you that going out can be really fun! Is there a Starbucks around this town?” he asked as he looked around.

“I think its down Main, Gibbs was hooked to the frappucino’s. He would always have one in hand and he always brought me one.” She got a sad face as she remembered her best friend. She hadn’t told him about AJ yet, she was sure he wouldn’t believe her anyway. Why would he believe that a famous person would be her friend!

“Ok, I need directions to Main,” said AJ as he saw the sad look on her face. He really had outdone himself with her makeover. Well except for the horrible glasses and the braces. But, he had to admit she looked much better.

She looked up at him and forcing a smile gave him the directions to Starbucks. She was nervous; she looked very different to her usual wardrobe. What would the people in town say? Would they even notice? She wanted to run back to her sanctuary and never come out. She was to busy thinking about what people would think about her, she hadn’t realized that AJ had already parked.

“Ok, my Mona Lisa lets go!” he smiled and squeezed her shoulder for reassurance.

“AJ! What did I tell you? I don’t want you to call me that!” she frowned in disappointment.

“Hey I am keeping my promise,” he said as he looked at her. “I didn’t call you Ramona nor did I call you Mona! I did use your middle name Lisa! Come on quit being so negative and embrace your name with glory! Besides that’s what I will call you only. Because you do remind me of Mona Lisa, she never smiled and she thought she was ugly till Di’Vinci came along and was able to make her smile!” he said as he opened the door and got out.

She had to laugh at his explanation about the Mona Lisa painting. The truth was he did make her smile, she was smiling. He had called her his Mona Lisa, she had to admit that had sounded so real, but the truth was she wasn’t his; Sarah was his. She was just a friend that he had come to appreciate. She was surprised when she felt the door to her side open and a hand extended to her.

“Come on now, get off!” he said as he offered his hand. He smiled with pride as she stepped out, she looked so different to the first time he had seen her. The jeans accentuated her hips and made her look tall and slim. Yeah he had done a good job, now if he could only convince her to cut her hair and add color to it. He stopped staring and walked to the door with her by his side.

She stopped in her tracks and turned to walk the opposite way. Her nightmare was in the coffee house with her friends. She didn’t want to get seen by anybody especially them! She had to get out of there; she did not need Jenny’s opinion. She was stopped by a grip on her hand.

“Hey, where are you going? I don’t have my cup of coffee yet, that means we haven’t bought it yet? What’s wrong?” he asked her as he lifted her chin so she could face him.

“I can’t go in there! Can you just take me home I don’t think I handle anything else today!” she said as she looked into the coffee house again. Terror was being seen through her hazel eyes.

“Why? Tell me or else we won’t go,” he said as he stood in front of her.

“Well, Jenny is in there and I just - don’t think I can handle her at the moment.” She answered as she rolled her eyes in discomfort.

“Oh, don’t sweat her; she probably won’t even recognize you! And if she does don’t worry we will handle it, just promise to follow my lead ok?” he said as he grabbed her by the hand and without another word pulled into the coffee house.

She quickly went to a far corner taking a seat, “you go and get what you want, I will wait here,” she said with worry in her tone. She didn’t want to get seen by them, she would only be embarrassed in front of him.

“Ok, I can do that, what you want?” he asked as he took a seat next to her. He patted her on the leg to reassure her everything was going to be ok. He now realized how much damage some words can do. Made him realize he had some apologies to give out when he returned to California. Kevin really had gotten it from him when he had confronted him about his problem. He shook away his past and smiling left her alone to go get the coffee. “Excuse me ladies he said as he walked passed Jenny and her friends.”

“Who’s the hunk?” asked Jenny to her friends as they saw him pass by. “He must be new in town because I haven’t seen him before,” she whispered to her friends. “Maybe I should offer myself to show him around this lousy town. I mean I am staying here for a few weeks anyway. Why would a hottie like him choose to live here in this town? I am so glad I got accepted at Florida State, now I just come to visit!” she watched him as he ordered his coffee. “He ordered two,” she whispered to her group of friends. She watched him go through with the two cups in hand. “So are you new in town?”

He stopped in his tracks as he heard one of the girls speak. “As a matter of fact I am,” he smiled as she turned to face the group of girls. “I am here visiting family, this is a lovely little town, well I have to go, but nice meeting you ladies,” he turned to walk away.

“Oh, but we didn’t get your name,” said Jenny as she stood up.

“Oh, right, well I am James,” he said as he looked backed with a smile.

“Nice to meet you James, so who are visiting in this town? You know I was born and raised here so I know everyone in this town like the palm of my hand.” She got in front of him with a big smile on her face.

“Well, if you insist actually my mother she bought this house not to long ago, so here I am helping her get settled.” He smiled back at her; she was cute but not his type. To much makeup and well she looked like she got around often. He got around her and made his way to Lisa. “I got you a frappucino,” as he handed her the cup.

“What were they telling you? Did they see me? They did, didn’t they?” she said with nervousness as she looked toward them.

“Calm down, they didn’t even mention you. They just introduced themselves to me, wait no I introduced myself to them. He saw the look of horror on her face and knew exactly why, as he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and sure enough there they stood.

“Listen we are having this party at Kari’s house on Saturday night. She is heading back to college so we are throwing a goodbye bash for her. I am Jenny by the way,” she smiled and extended her hand.

“Thanks for the invitation but, I can’t go I have plans already,” he said he shook her hand. He then grabbed Lisa’s hand in his, “unless my girl prefers to go to your party,” he faced her with a grin on his face.

“Ramona?” she looked closer and saw the horrible glasses recognizing her. She laughed but quickly stopped, “Ramona, wow you’ve changed since last time I was here, right girls?” she turned to her little group of girls.

“We – I want to go,” she said as she stood up. She could feel all of them staring her at her. She felt his arm around her waist his voice close to her. She got the strength to walk and without looking at any of them walked toward the exit. The only thing she felt was his hand warm and comforting around her waist.

“I guess that’s a no, sorry ladies. It was nice meeting you all though.” He waved to them and opened the door to the coffee house. Once they were outside he sighed and laughed, “You did it my Mona Lisa you left them with there mouths wide open. Did you see the look on that Jenny girl?” He could see them still staring at them from the window and got an even better idea. He turned her to face him, “follow my lead, because we still have an audience,” he said as he put his cup of coffee on one the tables outside the coffee house. He then slowly cupped her face with his hand.

She felt his grip get tighter around her waist, she suddenly felt out of breath. “I don’t think – I can’t. I never kissed anyone before,” she said in a whisper as her eyes automatically closed when his face got near hers. “I don’t think this is rii – ght.” It was too late she felt his lips on hers. If it wouldn’t have been for the fact that his arm was around her she would have fallen. So many things ran through her head as she felt his mouth on hers, she didn’t think she could kiss, but with him it was like she knew. She willingly allowed him into her mouth, for a few seconds she wasn’t her. She was his girl, then as quick as it happened it came to an end. She opened her eyes and saw into his. They looked scared for the first time since she had met him.

He cleared his throat and grabbed his coffee, “I think that should work,” he said he walked with her by his side to the car. Once she was in the car he took a deep breath, he wasn’t supposed to French kiss her. He was only going to give her a friendly peck. Why couldn’t he stop himself from going that far? He shook away the weird feelings he had gotten from that kiss and got into the car. He silently turned the car on and drove away…
Chapter 7 by summer03
“Ok open them!” he said as he removed the handkerchief from around her face.

“You know I already knew we were at the beach,” she said as she looked around. “I am not deaf AJ I heard the waves splashing into the sand since we arrived. So what is so fun about the beach?” she said as she smiled at him. She had sensed a little awkwardness since that kiss at the coffee shop. She wanted to believe it was her but she knew it was him too.

“Well, since this is officially my last day in Florida, I wanted to come down here and sit with someone I can just be me with.” He said as he shrugged and started to take off his shoes. “We can watch the sunset and talk, today I just want to talk,” he said as he grabbed the bag he had brought with him and pulled her to a more secluded area of the beach. He took out a small blanket and placed it on the sand. “Well let’s have a seat,” he said as he sat down.

She smiled and stared down at him, he looked different to her. He definitely looked different from the first day they met. She finally sighed and took a seat beside him. “So what are we talking about?” she said as she turned to face him.

“I don’t know really, I just feel sad I guess. See, I am going to miss my Mona Lisa! I really had a great time with you, you’re a great friend. I think we both helped each other get over some harsh stuff in our pasts.” He looked at her and smiled as he saw her looking at him with a look of sadness. “Oh, I don’t mean to make this a sad moment though, I just thought I should let you know that in you I found a great friend. I am very grateful about that.”

“I have something to add to what you just said,” she said in a whisper. “I want to thank you for making me feel confidant about me. Thank you for making me feel pretty, I enjoyed your company and your critique on my art. I am going to miss you a lot; I will go back to being the loner.” She turned her face so he wouldn’t see her eyes fill with tears. She wished she could have the courage to tell him that he meant more to her than just a friend, but she couldn’t do that and risk loosing his friendship. Which was all he offered to her? “You know I really never liked the beach, I just couldn’t picture myself here in a swimsuit, but now I think I can, thanks to you and your mom of course.”

He smiled as he heard her speak with confidence, “I wish you would be a little bolder though and try to wear something sexy or sassy for once. You’re a beautiful girl; you just don’t want to accept it.” He sighed and stared out into the ocean, “you know I am scared to shit, because I know tomorrow when I leave this town, I will be heading back to my reality. To chaos, I need to apologize to some people for my behavior and then I want to speak to Nick, Howie, Brian and especially Kevin. I want to record another CD I just don’t think we are ready to let go of that dream we all had years ago in Orlando. I remember how excited we all were when we heard that our music was a hit. Sure it took a while to have hit in our country but, those tours in Europe were so great. To feel all the excited yet scary feeling when all this girls and people are screaming for us to sing, I miss that. To think this is all my fault…” he sighed and quickly got a pack of cigarettes from his pocket lighting one up with the speed of light.

“You shouldn’t be scared; you should be glad and confident. All those people that you have to apologize to love you and I am sure they are going to forgive you because all that stuff you said to them won’t matter. You know why? Because it was all worth it they got AJ or Alex back the one they knew and loved. The sweet, caring, sappy, and quirky guy that I was lucky to meet myself, your one of kind.” She thought for a second and then she did it she gave him a hug.

He was surprised to feel her arms wrap around his neck. He smiled and returned the hug; it was a genuine hug from someone he now cared for. He closed his eyes as their hug lingered, making him remember the kiss. He was glad he was about to leave, because he was starting to get scared of the feelings he was getting for her. He couldn’t love her, she was not for him. She deserved someone better and he couldn’t like her like that. Finally he released his grip making her do the same? “Thanks I needed that hug,” he then just stared out into the beach. “Are you thirsty? I brought some coke, cookies, crackers with cheese, and of course cigarettes, but I think you don’t want those.” He then opened a coke for himself and took a drink.

“Thanks but I’m not thirsty yet and I had a big lunch so I am ok right now. Are you serious we are staying till sundown?” she asked as she shivered a little. The breeze was getting a little cooler about as cold as it would get during fall.

“Well yeah of course, shit I forgot to bring another blanket I just didn’t think it would get cold.” He said as he looked at her rubbing her arms for warmth.

“It’s ok I think it’s just me, I am very cold person meaning I get cold easily. Its not like I am going to die, I will be fine,” she smiled at him.

He smiled and with that he took off his shirt, showing of his toned abs and arms. “Hear cover your arms I really don’t need it we are at the beach, besides I am not cold,” he handed the shirt to her and smiled as she hesitantly took it.

“She wrapped his shirt around her arms; she closed her eyes as the smell of his cologne hit her nose.” He smelled so good, she still shivered but, she knew it wasn’t because of the breeze it was because of him. She shook away her thoughts and spoke, “Do they hurt?”

“What?” he asked as he turned to face her.

“I mean does it hurt when you get a tattoo?” she said as she pointed to his arm.

“well it depends the ones on my arms were a piece of cake, but some were painful for a while but once they start working on the tattoo your skin gets numb and you don’t feel it anymore.” He said to her.

“Oh, I think I would die if I got one, I saw on T.V. how this one girl got one done on her lower back. Man that was bad she was bleeding like crazy and she looked like she was in pain. I said to myself after that to forget my idea of ever getting a tattoo!” she told him.

“Wait you wanted a tattoo? Really? When was this?” he asked her.

“Well one day I was watching an episode on Friends, where Rachel and Phoebe go get a tattoo and then I got this silly idea that one day I would also get a tattoo done on me. A heart or rose on my lower belly area like Rachel’s” she smiled at her stupid idea.

“I think you should do it. It would be something bold and sexy.” He said as he winked at her.

“No, it was just a silly idea I really don’t think I want one,” she rolled her eyes at him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“My mother is going to be freaked usually I am home before six and today I am still out. What time is it?” she asked as she put on her shoes, they had stayed way past sunset.
“Its, only nine don’t worry I am sure she knows your ok. You a big girl now you can take care of yourself. Tell you what call her,” he said as he handed her his cell phone. “Let her know that you’re ok and that you will be home by midnight.”

“What!” she asked as she looked at him with surprise. “Aren’t we going home already?”

“Well yeah but it’s an hour drive there and I want to pass and get something at a store. It might take me a little while to find what I need, so to be on the safe side, tell her by midnight. I promise we will try to get there before.” He gave her a grin and folded the blanket to put it back inside the bag.


“You know I don’t like your grin, it always involves you doing something crazy and getting me involved.” She gave him a serious look.

“What? Your just seeing to much, see I told you those glasses need to go.” He giggled and walked passed her to the car.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He smiled as he saw his target. He turned to look at her, she had dozed off. She looked so peaceful and she had a smile on her face. She was going to be ok; he had done a good thing. Tomorrow he would wipe his plate clean; his so called friends would be the first to leave. He had new friends and the looks didn’t matter. Finally he found a parking space and parked, “hey, wake up we’re here.” He stirred her and smiled as he saw her hazel eyes look at him.

She stretched and yawned, “Sorry, I must really be tired. All this going out has worn me out I guess. But you know what? It was all worth it, cause for the first time I actually had fun. So where are we?” she asked as she looked out the window only making her mouth open wide. “NO, no way!” she turned to face him with a surprise and scared face.

“Oh, come on I will get one too. I promise it won’t hurt. I will be with you through all the process if it hurts you can do whatever you want to me.” He smiled to her and opened the door to his side.

She couldn’t believe it she was going to do it. She sighed heavily and got out the car, the truth was if she was ever going to do anything bold it would have to be with someone like him by her side. She looked at him and sighed again, “Your bad influence AJ,” she pointed to him. “But, I think I need this kind of influence, so I will do this but you have to be there all the way. Because I am scared; that I am surprised I haven’t wet my pants. Ok let’s do this before I chicken out!” she grabbed his hand and felt fireworks at contact. She felt even bolder and pulled him toward the tattoo parlor.

He was caught off guard by her impulsive decision; he truly was the master of convincing. Her aggressiveness made her eyes glow and made his stomach feel uneasy. When he felt her hand on his, he could have sworn he felt electricity pass through his body. He put his thought aside as they walked in and there ears were invaded by the loud music. “First we have to choose what you want,” he said into her ear and at the same time pointing to the wall full of designs.

“Actually I have a design in mind I would like to have done,” she said as she smiled at him. She had it all down in her head what she wanted done. “I just need a pencil and paper,” she said and looked around the large room.

“Hey welcome to Mat’s tattoo parlor where we never say no to any challenge! My name is Pete but everyone around here calls me Sly. So what can I help you with today?” he asked as he pointed to the wall of designs.

“Well actually my friend here has her own design in mind can you do that for us?” he asked as he smiled to the big man.

“Of course just to let you know it will cost a little extra though,” he said as he used his hand to emphasize that money did the talking.

“That won’t be an issue; do you have a piece of paper and pencil?” he said as he squeezed her shoulder to reassure her everything would be ok. He accepted the pencil and paper from the man. “Thank you; just give us a few minutes she needs to put down her idea on this paper.” He handed her the paper and walked her to one of the plastic chairs.

She takes a seat and quickly started to sketch her idea onto the paper, “Don’t look yet, let me finish” she said as she felt him over her shoulder trying to take a look.

A few minutes later he saw her stand up and sigh. She was done, he smiled this was it she was going through with it. “Great, so can I see it?” he said as he snatched the paper from her hand. He felt a lump form on his throat as he saw the design it was nice and meaningful. “I think its awesome, you sure you want this done though its much bigger than that heart Rachel got on that episode on friends.” He said as he handed her the paper.

“Yeah I know but, I thought to myself I might as well get something worth the pain.” She said as she walked toward Sly. She wanted something that would remind her of this moment she had just experienced. She just had the feeling that after today she might never get to see him again. Even though he said he would stay in contact, she knew better. So why not at least have this tattoo to remind her of this unique friendship. “Hey Mr. Sly I am ready,” she said with confidence as she handed him the piece of paper.

“Its Sly only kid,” he said as he looked at the paper. “Nice your talented kid, so where will I be tattooing this?” he asked with a grin on his face.

“Well I thought about that and after thinking it through I think this would look good in two places. One my lower back or two my lower stomach area, now considering that I am coward when it comes to needles I choose one, my back. What do you think?” she asked AJ who was quiet.

“Lower back sounds good,” he said quickly not really wanting to give his opinion. He suddenly felt bad, was she having feelings for him? He couldn’t forgive himself if she did. She was not for him, besides she deserved someone better. He forced himself to pay attention to what was happening, he would think about this later.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He turned off the engine and pulled out the keys. “We’re home,” he said to her. “Come on I will walk you to your house,” with that he stepped out of the car. He then helped her out of the car.

“Thank you, for today” she told him as she walked toward the exit of the garage. “Oh, you were right it wasn’t painful, only for a few seconds than I didn’t feel a thing.” She laughed and rubbed her lower back.

“Don’t worry the swelling will come down just keep putting on that ointment Sly gave you.” He giggled too; he walked out of the garage too. “Now come on lets get you home,” he said as he started to walk toward her house.

“My parents are asleep by now,” she said in a whisper as she looked for her keys. “Hey, AJ I have something for you. I want to give it to you right now because I won’t be able to see you go tomorrow. I have to work, you know how that is.” She opened the door to her house letting herself in. She waited for him to come in, she then signaled for him to be quiet and to follow her. The house was dark except for the plug-ins her mother had place on the hall giving a dim light. She finally made it to the room she wanted and turned the light on. She pulled him in fast shutting the door behind them fast. “Sorry I just don’t want to wake my parents,” she said as she smiled to him. Wait here,” she told him as she went into the back of the room, she finally grabbed what she wanted. She got the painting and turned it around for him to see it. “I want you to have it,” she said as she handed it to him.

He took the painting and smiled as he remembered the first day they had hung out and she had shown him her work. He had really liked this one, it was abstract but it was mesmerizing, “wow, really? Thanks, my Mona Lisa I will hang it on my studio at home,” he put aside the painting and gave her a hug. “Thank you,” he told her as he let go of her.

“AJ?” she said and paused not really sure of what she was going to tell him. She just wanted him to stay; she just had this overwhelming feeling in her that she just couldn’t describe. She didn’t know what it was but she felt the urge to kiss him and to ask him to not go. For once if she could break out of the shell, she would fight for something she felt. She smiled to him and spoke, “thank you for tonight I had a blast. I will truly miss you, please stay in contact at least by email ok?” she said as she caressed his cheek. She closed her eyes as she traced his face with her hands. She could feel tears threatening to come out, when suddenly she felt his hand on her face.

He was about to leave but was stopped by her calling, now there he was staring at her. Something inside him told him to go now, but there was also something telling him to follow his instinct. He had lost his breath when he had felt her hand on his face and though he knew that he shouldn’t be there he couldn’t move. Something was holding him in place and he too let go of his reason. He too caressed her face and slowly removed her glasses making her open her eyes, exposing her charming eyes. He got his face closer to hers and he could see the tears forming inside her eyes. His bottom lip quivered or so he thought as he inched in and took her mouth with his. Her lips so soft and new to the sensation of a kiss, he knew he was the first man to have kissed her. The way she shivered told him she was new to this, he broke the kiss and looked into her eyes. They showed fear yet they told him it was ok; he kissed her again and then continued a trail of kisses down her neck.

She didn’t know what to do but it was like he told her what to do with the way he touched her. She was now pinned between him and the door only feeling like she was not her. Suddenly the room was super warm and his kisses were getting intense. She was in a subliminal bliss, she didn’t know why but she was loosing control of her own feet. She hadn’t realized that her shirt was now on the floor and that AJ was now staring at her intently. She opened her eyes after she couldn’t feel his touch or kisses, she suddenly became conscious of the situation and looked to the floor not wanting to look at him.

“Lisa, I can’t, I’m sorry,” he paused and handed her shirt back. He sighed out loud and turned around not wanting to see her.

She didn’t understand why, she wanted him to do it. Then she realized why, she was repulsive and ugly, no matter what she wore she was still ugly. She started to put her shirt back on and spoke, “No, I am sorry, I should have known better. I don’t deserve you or anyone’s love, I am a loner!” she said as she wiped away the tears rolling down her face. “Maybe you should go and really I am sorry. I’ve should’ve known better, why did I for a second think you would look at me in any other way right?” she grabbed the door knob but was stopped by his hand on hers.

He sighed as he squeezed her hand which was ready to open the door, “you’re wrong, I know that there is someone out there that will love you with their heart and soul. Someone that will appreciate and cherish every moment with you, which will look into your beautiful eyes smiling because he will know that he is one of the luckiest men in the world, but that person isn’t me. My dear Mona Lisa you deserve someone better than me, someone that will only love you. I can’t deny and say that lately I haven’t felt something more towards you, but I love Sarah. I love Sarah she is the one for me, that’s why I can’t do this because I love you enough to not want to hurt you like that, because at the end of it all I would still choose Sarah. She’s the one for me; you will find someone I know, someone that will love you profoundly.” He let go of her hand and grabbed his gift he could hear her soft moans.

She now had the door open waiting for him to get out, “it was nice meeting you and goodbye…” she said as she avoided his face. She walked out and quickly made it to the front door she quickly opened the door for him.

“I am sorry,” he whispered and looked back at her, “I will call you and I will never forget your friendship. Remember that in me you will always have a friend, please forgive me I didn’t mean for this to happen,” he leaned in and kissed her tear stained cheek. He walked away slowly, not knowing exactly why his heart felt pain.
Chapter 8 by summer03
She took a deep breath and with her head up walked to the door, without knocking she opened it. “Dad we need to talk,” she said as she walked in closing the door behind her. She took a seat on a chair and crossed her legs as she patiently waited for her dad to say something.

He was a little surprised by the way she spoke to him; she never had spoken like that before to him. He put away the papers he was going through and spoke, “ok, well let’s talk dear,” he stared at her.

“Ok,” she said and stood up, “I quit dad, I quit this job today! I don’t want to do this and I don’t want to wait for my cousin to come. I also I want to let you know that I am moving out, I’m going to New York. I need a change and why not New York? I leave tomorrow,” she finally took a deep breath.

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing his baby was ready to fly away. He didn’t know if he should be happy, sad, or mad the truth was he was all three. “I want to tell you that you’re not allowed to quit and that you can’t, but the truth is that I can’t stop you. I am sad because I didn’t think this day would come, where you – would tell me that you’re leaving my side. Sweetie, this is great but it’s hurting my heart,” he couldn’t hold it anymore tears were coming down his cheeks. “When? When did you come to this conclusion? Why?” he asked as he looked at his daughter, she looked so different to the Lisa he knew. She was a miserable sappy girl, but now he saw anger, hate and so many other emotions in her beautiful eyes.

“I don’t know why, but I got this idea in my head that I want to accomplish and to do so I have to get out of here. I am scared to death with my decision but, we all have to make life changing decisions right?” she said as she kissed her fathers cheek.

“Yes we all do Lisa, you already told your mother right?” he said as he patted her hand.

“Yeah, I was hoping you could help me with that one,” she giggled and hugged her dad.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“I promise hairy, I’ll come back for you,” she petted his head. It was like he knew she was leaving. She looked through her room one more time making sure she didn’t forget anything. She sat in her bed for the last time, if she could go back in time and change anything she would change meeting him. Because even though he helped, he also broke her heart, her heart was meant to be broken forever. She knew he was right when he told her he did not see her as more than a friend, since the beginning all he had offered was his friendship. Yet? She did not understand why she felt like he felt more than that toward her. Maybe it was her all along making things up in her head that weren’t there, he was engaged and to a beautiful woman. Why would he leave her, for a poor ugly girl? She took off her glasses and set them on her nightstand, this was the last time she would be seen with them, and she then got her contacts out. She sighed as she heard a soft knock on her door, “come in,” she said as she put her contacts case in her purse.

“Hey, your mom told me about your departure to New York. I thought it would be ok if I came by to say goodbye,” she smiled as she closed the door behind her. She could see her tense up; she could see the sadness in her eyes. “I’m going to miss you,” she told her as she gave a hug.

“Oh, Ms. McLean I am going to miss you too,” she said in a sad tone. She let go of her and walked toward the window in her room, looking out of it trying to ignore her stare. “I just realized I need to move on from my past and I think New York will help. Besides Gibbs my best friend is anxious to see me.”

“Well I think it’s a great idea, especially when you’re trying to forget someone that doesn’t see you the way you want them to see you. It’s better to not be around the places that remind you about that person,” she told her as she walked toward her. “Look Mona, Alex told me everything and he really loves you, as friend. It really hurt him to tell you no, but you have to understand, he loves Sarah. I have to admit though that you helped him realize there is more out there than he thought, you made him change in so many levels. I love my son and I support his decision, but at the same time I have come to love you, so please no matter how hurt you are about my son. I want you to know that I am here for anything,” she handed her a business card. “I think that you should give this person a call and show him some of your work; I know he will love it as much as I did. This will help you get over him and before you know it you will find Mr. Right.”

She didn’t know what to say, she took the card and put it in her pocket. She was in shock, she knew everything, and she didn’t know if she should cry or hide from her embarrassment. How could he tell her everything? “Thank you and I appreciate your help I might need it. I will take your word on being my friend and as so I would like to ask you for a favor?” she looked straight at her as she spoke.

“Yeah sure anything,” she smiled, fearing as she knew it wasn’t something good.

“I don’t want AJ to know anything about me; if he calls and asks please don’t say a thing. After that night I really don’t think I could ever face him again. Just if he asks let him know that I understand and wish him the uttermost happiness with Sarah. I want to move on like you said and for that I need time till then I don’t want him to know anything about me. I really am sorry for falling for him, I don’t know why and when it happened it just did…” she started to cry as she spoke.

“I won’t say a thing to him till your ready, I promise,” she said as she hugged her one more time.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She turned the volume to her ipod to the highest; as she secretly wished she could go back and forget her whole idea. Maybe she wasn’t cut off for this whole I am independent woman crap, the truth was she as afraid of heights and she was pretty high at the moment. The stewardess handed her the glass of water she had asked her for. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she could do this nothing could happen right? Maybe if she slept she wouldn’t think about the fact that she was on a plane flying from Florida to New York. She closed her eyes trying to get a little sleep.

He waited patiently for her arrival, what he didn’t understand how different she sounded. She had changed and now she sounded more confident he smiled thinking of her. His Lizzie was coming to live here with him; he had truly missed her during his first month apart from her. Now she was coming and be with him here at his most important time in his life.

“You’re going to make a hole on the ground” he told him as he grabbed his hand. “I’m sure she’s ok and will be landing here in a couple more minutes” he smiled to him.

“I know I just can’t help to worry, see you don’t know Lizzie like I do. This, which she is doing, is not like her at all, she has changed and it kind of scares me,” he said as he emphasized his worry.

“No your right I don’t know her but, I do know that by you walking around it won’t change the fact that she is coming.” He said as he sighed, “I just hope she likes me,” he looked down to the floor.

“She will Steve, I know she will. Lizzie will love you and your eccentric character,” he squeezed his hand. He hadn’t told her yet about Steve and him but she would understand him right? Yeah, she was she was his confidant and best friend almost sister.

She felt a light squeeze on her shoulder and fluttered her eyes open. She smiled as she heard the flight attendant say they had arrived to New York. She got anxious as she stood up to get out off the plane. She had so many things to tell Gilbert and what would he think of her new look, would he recognize her?

He waited searched through crowd for her; he suddenly panicked what if she hadn’t come after all. He knew that would happen Lizzie was not the type to be this spontaneous. He felt sad he was putting his own hopes down; he had so many things to tell her. He then felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around to see. He was perplexed as he saw the girl in front him, he hesitated for a second before he realized it as his Lizzie. Her hazel eyes had given her away, “oh my god, you look different but in a good way,” he said with a wide grin on his face. He hugged her tightly not wanting to let go, “you’re here with me,” he said as he finally let her go.

Once he let her go she took a deep breath, “I am,” she told him as she smiled back at him. She finally notice the man behind him, he looked emotional as he witnessed there encounter. She cleared her throat to get Gilberts attention toward him also.

“Oh, right sorry Steve! Lizzie this is Steve my partner,” he smiled at her as she presented him to her.

Why, did all the gay men she knew so hot? She thought to herself as she shook his hand. “Wow, nice to meet you,” she smiled to him trying not to make it obvious that she was a little awestruck by his physical appearance.

She definitely did not look like Gilbert had described her. He thought to himself as he shook her hand.
Chapter 9 by summer03
It had been over six months since he had left his mothers house yet he still yearned to go back. Things had gone exactly like he had expected his old friends were out and his real friends had forgiven him, just like his Mona Lisa had told him. He smiled as remembered his new friend, to his dismay she hadn’t answered his emails nor was he able to contact her at her house. It was like she had vanished, not even his mother knew where she was; apparently she stopped seeing her and when she asked about her she didn’t get a straight answer as to where she was. He sighed and thought about where she could be, why she had vanished from her sanctuary; that’s how she had described her home to him. Enough he thought to himself as he looked out of the building he was in down the busy street, this was LA he thought. He was interrupted by a tall red head, “hi, are you Dr. Dane?” he asked as he smiled at the gorgeous woman standing there.

“Yes, I am and you’re Mr. McLean correct?” She smiled showing her pearly whites, “now why don’t you have a seat on that black couch and get this session started,” she told him as she took a seat in front of the couch with a pad and pen in hand.

“Ok,” he said as he uncomfortably took a seat. He sort of felt intimidated by her beauty he started fidgeting his fingers as he waited for her to start. He didn’t know why but he felt trouble coming his way after one look at her. He sighed heavily waiting for her to start. He promised his mother he would see a shrink so here he was but, he had expected an old bald man in the late forties to be his shrink, not a red headed bombshell.

“Mr. McLean?” she waved her hand in front of his face. She couldn’t believe that her first patient today would be so out of shape emotionally, just by looking at him she could tell he had very mixed emotions. A Backstreet boy tormented by his fears and doubts that’s what he was, she had quite a few famous patients but this one was intriguing to her. “Are you ok? Please, feel free to tell me how you feel about seeing a shrink; I know it may feel awkward but, just for the first time. Then I promise it will be like having a best friend that listens to you without judging you unless you ask. I want you to think of me as a possible friend.”

He was brought back from lala land by her hand in front of his face. “I am sorry I am just a little tired and I have to admit I do feel awkward.” He smiled and took a deep breath to control his nervousness.

“Ok well let’s start by telling me about you. Let’s start from the beginning before you hit stardom, start from as far as you can remember in your childhood. We’ll take it slow and if you think you can’t tell me something let me know and I will help you get through it. Think of me as not being a therapist to you; think of me as the one thing or person you can tell anything to. Ok, I am all ears,” she said as she sat more comfortable on her chair.

“Ok, uhm, I was about five maybe, we as mom and me were staying at my grandparent’s house…I am showing my grandpa a magic trick I had just learned on TV…”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He smiled as he heard her voice, “hey, I just got out of the session with Dr. Dane.”

“How wonderful son, how did it go?” she asked her son. She was so happy to learn he had finally taken her advice and had seen a shrink.

“Well besides being captivated by Dr. Dane’s beauty I think it went well for the first session. She even gave me homework, Yay!” he said in a sarcastic voice. “So how are you? I really miss you and your house.” He said as he couldn’t get himself to say he missed her too. He fell silent and just listened to his mother’s heavy sigh.

“I miss you to honey and like I told you before if you think you’re not ready to face you normal life you always have my door open.” she felt sad as she could hear him start to cry softly, he was her baby.

“Sorry, I just still get emotional sometimes you know. I love you so much and I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have you to support me. But enough of that I also called you because I got this offer from Oprah, yes THE OPRAH, to go on her show and talk about my situation. I think it’s a good idea so that my fans can see that I have really changed, I Just need a right hand by my side and thought of you. Could you go with me on the Oprah show to talk about the horrible things and stress I put you through?” he waited for her to answer.

“Yes, I’ll be there when it is?” she asked as she got her planner out to right down the date.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She rubbed her temples fiercely hoping that would help the terrible headache she was having. She felt like crap and it was all do to all the partying she was doing. Ever since she arrived to New York it was all parties and shopping. She knew it had to stop soon cause her savings account was starting to show just how much she was partying, soon she would not have enough even for the rent. She had to admit she was enjoying it all though she had so many new friends and she really hadn’t thought much of him which was good. She knew that she needed to find a job soon, because one thing was for sure she was not going to ask her parents for help economically or would she ever move back in with them. She quickly swallowed the Tylenol in her hand and smiled as she looked at the mirror. Six months had gone by and with help from Gilbert and Steve she looked very different she no longer could be called Hermione. Today was the day she would go look for a job at this point it didn’t matter of what but she had to find something. Her bank account was crying for help. She picked up the card Denise had given her before she left Florida and for a second thought about seeing the person whose name was in fine print on the card. She just couldn’t she had to try on her own first, this was New York there had to be art galleries hiring right? She put the card back where she had before; with a sigh and one more look at the mirror; at the new Lisa she walked out of the apartment she shared with Gilbert.

She felt her confidence minimize as she walked out of the five floor building she now called home. She was again facing the old her the scary cat she used to be. “I can do this I know I can,” she said as she called for a cab. She smiled as she saw one pull up beside her, “yes, I know this may sound weird but could you help me? I want to go to every art gallery or museum there is in New York!” she smiled at the young man that was driving the cab. He was actually really young and cute.

“Sure no problem,” he said in his heavy Spanish accent. “Are you new to the Big Apple?” he asked with huge smile.

Feeling more confident with his friendliness she answered, “Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

“Oh, so art galleries? Do you enjoy art then? I am sorry I am asking you so many questions and haven’t even introduced myself. I am Marco Lopez, but my friends call me Marky and in case you’re wondering why I am cab driver. This is just temporary, I write and plan to one day just do that. But till I can get any of my novels or poems published I have to live out of something, so my uncle is a cab driver and he got me into it. There I go again giving out to much information, sorry I am a blabber mouth,” he blushed lightly as he smiled at her again.

“No its ok, actually I am glad your so friendly and nice. I was kind of afraid to go out on my own, usually I go out with my friend, but if I keep going out with him it will only be to party and I just can’t afford that. I need a job soon. He’s making the money, but not me I actually need to work soon,” she giggled nervously as she saw him staring at her with his green eyes through the mirror.

“So job searching, interesting? I would have thought you were a daddy’s little girl you know. I mean you do live in a really nice neighborhood. I am sorry I don’t mean to sound rude,” he said as he continued to drive.

“Well if you would have seen me a few months ago, you would have thought I was Shrek’s sister,” she blushed and giggled at her own comment seeing that he too thought it was funny.

“Really? I don’t think so, how could you say that? Because when I saw you calling for a cab and saw your beauty I thought you were some mirage. How could someone so beautiful be standing in the street alone on a Friday morning and be real. I mean your not ugly at all, I am sorry I still did not get your name?” he asked her subtly as he saw her blush.

She couldn’t believe it he had called her beautiful, but the truth was he had not seen her back when she was hideous. She cleared her throat and spoke, “it’s Lisa, so you said you write?” she had to change the conversation she just felt weird with the current conversation.

“Yes, I do its weird I know; my family thinks I am crazy for it. But, I just love it, arranging words to come out with a romantic or sad poem. Or a novel of things you hear while you take someone to there destination. I just know that’s my calling.”

She felt the car stop and looked out the window only to see a large building; she took a deep breath as she read it. It was an art gallery and it was gorgeous, “Wow, this building is huge and I just can imagine all that it stores inside.”

“Well, you’re here,” he turned and smiled at her. She was in awe as she looked out the window. He liked this girl she was definitely deep in emotions. Something he rarely found in women, “so are you going to get off or are you just going to stare at the building?”

“Oh, right no I’m going do you mind waiting I am just going to ask if they are hiring?” she said pleading with her eyes for him to say yes.

“Well of course didn’t you say you wanted to go to everything related with art? I thought I was taking you to all of them. Have you changed your mind?” he asked her as she opened the door to the cab.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


She closed the door and was surprised to find Gilbert just sitting on a couch. “Hey, I thought you had to work?” she asked him as she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Nah, I called in sick. I didn’t feel good especially after last night; I think I am catching the flu. So I get up and walked to your room thinking you were still sleeping but I only found your bed made?” he asked more as demand than he really wanted to sound like.

“Oh, yeah well I went looking for a job, I mean I’ve been here for six months and haven’t really been looking for one. I said I wanted to come down here because I wanted to be independent and free, do what I want to do. So today I woke up and went for it. I got two possibilities in two different places. An art museum and a gallery, but they are both internships.” She said with a sad tone. She knew that usually internships meant not getting paid for working. She just hoped that luck was by her side and that one offered a paycheck.

“I told you there was no rush Lizzie, I told you didn’t have to pay me rent either. But your so stubborn, I also offered a job through one of Steve’s friend remember?” he answered as he took a drink from the glass in his hand.

She looked at him tenderly and spoke, “I know you did but, I can’t do that to you. Please tell me that’s water you’re drinking?” She took the glass from his grip and smelled the liquid substance in it. “Alcohol? Gilbert, your not suppose to drink this when your sick only makes it worse. Drink water or Gatorade,” she took the glass with her and dumped the contents into the sink. Then she got another glass and filling it with water she took it to him.

“Sheesh, mom thanks for the advice, but really that vodka would have done the job. I am used to it you know, a little vodka when I am feeling under the weather works.” He hesitantly took the glass from her hand. Barely taking a sip he smiled at her, “happy? So, are we on for tonight? Steve says he can get us into this new club that just opened last night. I think it will be great don’t you think?”

“Uh, didn’t you just say you were feeling sick? I thought I could pamper you and cook my mom’s chicken soup recipe. Make you feel better, maybe read you a couple of my new poems. Gibbs, you’ve been partying too much and that’s not healthy. It’s already taking a toll on me! Lets just stay in today and try to get you feeling better?” she put a hand on his hand as she told him that.

“I’m just fine! Lizzie it was just a really bad hangover, it will pass! Quit being such a party pooper and besides I already told Steve I would go! If you don’t want to go fine don’t go stay here and do whatever you want, I am out. I will probably be back till late or I might stay at Steve’s. Make sure you lock up,” with that he walked out of the apartment without another word.

She was still trying to regain herself, what was going on? Was the city affecting her friend’s prudence? She felt hurt for this was the first time he did not agree with her, but she let it pass. Maybe he was right and maybe she was just being too prudent on silly things as a hangover? But, he really didn’t look well in fact he was looking frail and pale. “I just hope he stays safe,” she whispered to know one in specific and with that she headed to her room.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He opened his eyes and knew he was awake for good. The first week of therapy had gone by pretty normal just getting to know his shrink. She was quite agreeable actually and she was right she did not judge him or anything he said. He smiled as her face flashed through his mind; the truth was her attractiveness had made this whole shrink experience even better. She was older than him but, not to old so he did not feel the awkwardness he was sure he would have felt had he gotten someone older. She was only few years older than him, but had she not told him that he would have thought that she was younger. He was brought back from his thoughts by a hand on his chest, he looked and saw the beautiful engagement ring he had given his fiancé. It sparkled with the light that now invaded their room. She was still asleep but had come closer to him laying her hand on him, he couldn’t help but smile. This was good he felt comfortable with her by his side; she had been with him through the hardest point of his life so far. That’s what made him feel she was it, the one that would share the rest of his life with him.

Sarah was one of a kind; he knew that since he first laid his eyes on her that fateful night. She had the voice that could hypnotize anybody; he also remembered how hard he had to struggle to get her to even look at him. This was right, her lying beside him and soon he would also wear a ring to symbolize his devotion to her. He looked at his left hand and just imagined the feeling of having the platinum ring around his finger. Yet as he looked as his hand he got what felt like a plunge on his stomach and a brief picture of him holding Lisa’s hand at the tattoo parlor came in his mind. He shook away the mental picture and tried to ignore why at exact moment he was thinking about his future wedding with the woman he loved right? The picture of her came in his mind and it wasn’t of her after his mother and he gave her the little mini-makeover. It was of Lisa, they way he had first seen her with the bushy eyebrows and mustache. He laughed more as a chuckle as he remembered it. He was just worried right? He hadn’t heard from her yet and he was afraid that his rejection was to blame. “Yeah that’s it,” he thought out loud.

“What’s it?” asked a groggily Sarah. She had just opened her eyes and had caught what he had said.

“Oh, hey did I wake you up?” he asked as he kissed her forehead. He was caught off guard as he felt her grab him and kiss him on the mouth.

“No, this is usually the time I get up,” she told him as she let go of him. She smiled in satisfaction as she saw the smirk on his face after her kiss. “The question is why you’re up this early? Usually your still sleeping at this time,” she arched her brow as she finished her comment.

He sighed slowly as he felt relieved knowing that he had successfully changed the conversation to more pleasant one. “I couldn’t sleep I had jet-leg,” he said as he smiled at her.

“Hmm,” she said in a suspicious way. “I know the world’s best cure for jet-leg,” she continued looking at him with a sly grin.

“Oh, yeah and what would that be?” he asked with a chuckle, he already knew what that cure was.

“How about I just give it to you?” she said as she sat on top of him. She grinned as he just nodded; she loved this man so much. He was it, the man of her dreams, well almost in her dreams he didn’t have so many tattoos and he didn’t sing in pop band. He was close though and he was a so romantic something that drove her crazy. She giggled as she kissed him in the mouth again, this time lingering. She broke the kiss to laugh as she felt his hands wrap around her waist as he turned her so he would be on top of her.

He kissed her again and broke the kiss just to tell her, “I really think this remedy will work!”
Chapter 10 by summer03
So here she was in a big city working her shift at Starbucks. She had two jobs one that only gave her experience and time with what she loved most in the world art. Then there was the coffee house her job the one that gave her money, she would have never thought to have to work in a coffee house. But when you’re trying to be independent you have to make sacrifices and working in this coffee house was her sacrifice. That and that now she lived on a strict budget; she had learned what needs were and what were wants. She now actually worried about every penny she made. Gilbert and she had grown apart in the past months it was like the Gilbert she knew had vanished; now this shallow and conceited one replaced him. She didn’t know what had really changed him but it was either his new career or Steve. She had learned that Steve was really not that cute, he was actually really demanding and hurtful. He treated Gilbert like a door mat and it pained her to see Gilbert not noticing it. She dreaded going home now; she knew exactly what was going to happen. Either she would be alone all night or she would get into another argument with Gilbert.

She finished cleaning the last table in the shop, she smiled at her accomplishment. It was just time to close up, “I am going to lock up,” she told her co-worker. She slowly turned off the open sign and locked the entrance. She smiled as she saw Marco and his cab waiting outside. Marco was incredible he had offered to pick her up every night from her jobs which ever she had that afternoon or night. She waved at him and gave him a sign that she would be out soon.

“So, you say he’s only your friend? Huh?” said the petite blond as she grinned at her.

“Yes, only my friend.” She rolled her eyes as she looked at her. “Tiffany, we’re just friends ok? Now lets finish so we can go home, I have to go to work early tomorrow,” she said in annoyance yet she chuckled to show her she was only playing around at the same time.

“Sure, but I know your rushing cause you want to go see mister Latin lover,” she let out a laugh as she Lisa blush. “You like him don’t you?” she asked her.

“Nooo,” she said more as a maybe than a real no. “Ok, maybe he is cute but, I’m not his type.” She finished with a sad tone.

“Please, Lizzie he totally digs you. I mean why would any man whose job is to take people to their destination not do it, to come and pick up someone he only thought as friend. Please, girl he likes you or if not he would be out there getting paid instead of waiting her for you. I think you two would make a great couple,” she finished subtly.

“You think?” was all she said as looked out to the street to watch him sit on the hood of his cab. She smiled as she saw him through out his cigarette stub as he finished his smoke. He was truly a cutie and his charisma was great. She now preferred his company more than Gilbert’s.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“It is so nice seeing all your sorry asses,” said Nick as he took a seat in one the chairs. “I guess I am no the only one who has gained weight here,” he said as he stared at AJ.

“Hey, at least I look good with the extra weight,” said AJ in return with a grin on his face. He knew Nick was only making the ambient more sociable. “I still can get the lady’s not that I am because I have already found the one,” he said as he too took a seat.

“I like your new look J, its healthy looking,” said Brian in his southern accent. “Unlike mister chubby cheeks here,” he went for Nicks cheeks only to have Nick jump from his chair. “I’m just messing with you man,” said Brian as he embraced the taller and younger man. He did the same with the other three men, “AJe, man you’re looking good, Howie it’s so nice to see you again, and Kev it’s definitely a pleasure seeing you again. Even though I did get to see a lot of you back in Kentucky.

Everyone finally after there hellos and compliments became quite, “So, I guess we are ready for another try right?” said Kevin as he looked at his other band mates.

“Yes, definitely I need to go back out there and give it my best, “said Nick automatically with a grin on his face.

“This time I won’t mess it up either,” said AJ subtly.

“You didn’t mess it up AJ; we all had problems going on,” said Brian as he patted AJ on his shoulder. “We are all glad to have you back though and this break did exactly that. It brought our pal back,” he gave his friend a genuine smile.

“His right AJ,” said Howie with a smile on his face also.

“There was no one to blame here we all had shit to deal with and this break gave us that chance. Now lets just focus on the now, which includes another record, am I right?” said Kevin in a fatherly tone.

“RIGHT,” they all said in unison.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She nervously looked at the business card as she sat there waiting. She had finally had enough, she enjoyed her internship at the Modern Art Gallery but, she wanted to do art herself she missed the feeling of a brush hitting a clean canvas, she missed the pastels blending at the touch of her fingers and she missed the clay being molded in her hands. Yeah she had been able to write more but, she what she really needed was to paint or something. She was tired of smelling like coffee 24/7 and most importantly it wasn’t paying enough. She knew that her friendship with Gilbert was so strained that she didn’t know how much longer she could stand it. She knew she had to move out soon, so here she was waiting on her turn to see Thomas Green.

“Miss Vickers?” said the secretary as she looked at her in concern.

“Oh, yes I am sorry,” she blushed as she looked up at the poise young lady.

“He’s ready to see you now follow me,” she turned and started walking.

“Right,” she followed in silence as she saw the many different names displayed by each door. Finally she saw her stop and knock on the door with Thomas Green on it. She heard his voice tell her to let her in. She obediently walked in and gasped as she the enormous room. She gawked as she saw the drawing on the walls and frames with book covers.

“It’s nice to finally meet you,” he said to her as he watched her gape in admiration to his walls. “Denise, told me to keep my eyes open for you, she said you were one of a kind. She also told you probably not show up at all, but, I am glad you did. Cause if Denise says you’re good you must be.”

She turned toward the voice and was met with a tall well dressed man. He looked in his late forties and his smile looked friendly. “Denise, told you about me?” she asked as she looked at him.

“Yeah she called me a few months ago and told me about you. She really must appreciate you, because she told me you were meant to stand out. Denise is a great friend of mine and I trust her judgment. I am Thomas Green and I work for this lovely agency where we find the future authors and artists. But, my friends call me Tommy,” he stood his hand out to shake hers.

She smiled and gladly shook his hand, “Nice to meet you.” Had she done the right thing by coming here? She hoped so; apparently Denise thought she had a good chance.

“Well, let’s see your portfolio,” he said as he saw her holding it.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“How do you feel about that?” she asked him as she caught herself checking him out. Lately she was seeing him more attractive. She was getting to the point of seeing him more than just his client and deep inside it worried her. She knew he was already confused enough. Especially today when he had finally told him about his worry toward this girl, he had not spoken of before. Yet she couldn’t stop staring at him, the way his vein popped out on his neck. His voice so sensual and his eyes it was getting hard for her to concentrate on just being his shrink.

“Hailey?” he smiled as he saw her checking him out. He had notice her, it was getting obvious that she was checking him out. He was human too and though he knew he shouldn’t think of it he did. He knew he was engaged to this wonderful woman, but seeing this gorgeous professional staring at him like she was made him wonder on what could be. How it would feel to be with a much older woman, he cleared his thoughts knowing that he shouldn’t let his mind wonder to that.

“Yes, so you have brought in to the picture this new girl. Why does she worry you?” she asked as she blushed knowing he had caught her gawking at him. She prayed inside to get through this session with out trouble. Later she would think about maybe recommending him to another shrink, because her reputation as a therapist was at stake.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Thanks for the movie and dinner,” she told Marco as she stood outside her door.

“Yeah, no problem I am glad you accepted my invitation.” He looked at her nervously, he had thought through this many times today. It was two months ago that he had pick this girl up and now here he was about to ask her to be his girlfriend. It was like they had so much in common, he believed in fate. So he blamed fate for there encounter to months ago, could she possibly be his soul mate?

“Yeah, it’s better than being stuck home alone,” she said nervously as she stumbled with the key in her hand. “So do you want to come in,” she asked as she finally was able to open the door. She blushed as she opened it for him to go through the door. She felt stupid struggling to open a stupid door.

He stepped in with caution as if he was entering a foreign country where he knew nothing about. “Nice place,” he managed to say as he gawked at the enormous space she called her living room.

“Thanks,” she said as she dropped her purse on the counter leading into the kitchen. She didn’t know what to do, but she managed to speak again, “well, take a seat, do you want anything to drink?” she asked nervously.

“Well, I still think we should celebrate your success! Lisa is now a new and upcoming modern art painter,” he smiled as he vowed toward her. “We should definitely celebrate don’t you think?”

“I think your right,” she said as she went into the kitchen only to appear a few minutes later with two glasses and Zinfandel bottle in hand. She started to fidget with the bottle to try and get opened. She sighed in frustration when she felt his hands on hers, she felt her heart jump. She started blushing thinking he had most likely felt her heart jump.

“Here let me try,” he said as he took the bottle from her hands. A few seconds later he was pouring it into the glasses. The peach colored liquid bubbled in the glasses as he rose his glass to the air, “to your success,” he then waited for her to rise hers.

“Ok, and to our new found friendship,” she smiled as she took a drink. She savored the taste in her mouth, how could she not be happy? She was finally going to do what she wanted.

He winced as he heard her say the word friendship, he definitely wanted more than her friendship. Of course she had not seen him wince, she just smiled at him. “So, I think I deserve to see some of your work,” he said as he sat beside her in the couch.

“I guess you can now look at it,” she said as she placed her glass on the coffee table. “Wait here,” she told him as she disappeared into her room.

She came back with a big portfolio, “these are just some sketches, my real work is back at home,” she told him as she took a seat next to him.

He took the portfolio from her hands and opened it, “Wow, these are really good,” he said in admiration to the black and white drawings. “Can I ask you a question?” he asked as he turned to face her.

“Yeah,” she said as she secretly said no, she didn’t know if she really wanted to be asked anything.

“How can someone as talented like you, think so low about yourself? Your – incredible,” he finally said. He looked into her hazel eyes and saw the surprise yet overwhelmed look in them. He didn’t know why but he inched closer to her face, not taking his green eyes from hers. He could smell her soft cologne hit his nostrils, she was so tempting.

She was shivering she thought as she saw him lean toward her, his face only inches from hers. His green eyes telling her exactly what he was thinking about at that exact moment, yet she kept repeating the word incredible in her head. He had called her incredible, she was incredible to him. She started to close her eyes as she felt one of his hands on the side of her face and then there it was. His soft yet firm lips on hers and she let him continue. He was very different to her first real kiss with – shall she dare think of him right at this moment. She pushed every memory of that and just enjoyed this kiss, genuine and his lips felt good on hers. This was a real kiss in which both had mutual feelings.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“What? No, I like you and I feel comfortable talking to you. You can’t just tell me you can’t see me anymore. What am I paying you too little?” he asked her as he took a stand. He sighed and looked into her eyes, pleading her to tell him why?

“Mr. McLean, I just think I am not capable of actually helping you. You need someone else,” she said as she looked away to try to avoid his stare.

“I don’t get it? I thought you said I was progressing well,” he said as he plopped back into the seat he was once sitting in. He grabbed the picture from her desk and inspected the picture of the golden retriever and little red haired girl that hugged the dog. He smiled as he saw it; the little girl looked so happy playing with her pet. He felt her pull the frame away from his grip and place it back on her desk.

“I just can’t ok? I know what I said, but your -,” she just quieted down and sat back on her chair behind her desk.

“I am what Hailey?” he asked as he arched his eyebrow at her.

“It’s Dr. Dane,” she said patiently as she ran her hand through her hair. “You’re an uncommon case I just can’t handle,” she said in annoyance as she felt his stare on her.

“I thought you said I could call you by Hailey. It was more comfortable that way and you would call me Alex,” he said in annoyance too. He knew there was more to the sudden change in her treating him. Yet he knew she was probably right, he somehow felt like he was being rejected. He didn’t want to feel like that, so instinctively he rejected her offer of finding him someone else to treat him. He didn’t like to be told no for answer but no one did right? He liked her, he did and he knew she really didn’t want to let go of him as his patient. But why was she doing it then? “Fine, but at least be honest with me and let me know the truth. Why?” he asked calmly.

She sighed heavily as she heard him demand the real reason for her change in heart. “I – I can’t treat you anymore Alex,” she said slowly as she looked up at him. A long pause went by before she continued, “because I am getting too involved with your feelings and I am starting to feel things I shouldn’t toward a patient,” she said and looked down quick.

There it was the truth and inside he felt his heart leap. He felt himself smile inwardly as he repeated her words in his head. For him, knowing this made him feel alive, he was back. The Alex he thought he had lost was back and with full force. Yet he also felt sad, he too felt what she was feeling. Because even though he loved Sarah, he felt something like what she felt for him for – he took a deep breath and spoke, “My Mona Lisa,” he had said that out loud and it was too late. Finally he had realized the truth, he got too involved in her feelings and now he knew why he felt like he needed to see her or talk to her. All those sleepless nights and daydreams had an answer.

She arched an eyebrow and looked at him in curiosity, “huh?” she managed to say.

“Well if you are still my shrink I can explain,” he said as he looked up to the confusing face that now stared at him. “Technically we are still in session,” he said as he looked at his watch. “Besides, I know you would at least like to know what that name means to me, its related to the girl I grimly spoke of last session.”
End Notes:
Ok so I posted five more chapters hopefully soon I will have all my stories back up... hope you all like.
Chapter 11 by summer03
“Oh my god!” she screamed as she hugged him. “Can you believe this; I am now going to be touring with my work around the country!”

“That’s right you and three more talented new comers are going to every modern art gallery in the U.S.” he smiled as he saw the excitement the news had caused her. She deserve it though, when they had shown her work to possible buyers they were surprised by how many loved her work. She was able to sell quite a few of her paintings and he knew that taking her with the other new comers would help her popularity in the art world.

“Wait! I can’t do this,” she turned to the older man with worry. She was finally hit with the reality of it all. She was going to travel and be around so many people she did not know. She had just gotten accustomed to the people she met since her move to New York. Now here she was facing her fear again, why was she so afraid of meeting people she was different now. Yet there crawled her old self making her regret her new life. “NO, I can do this, I always wanted this. Have people enjoy my creations.”

“Good, we leave in a week. We start from the east coast and end at the west coast. I have already made the arrangements to go get the rest of your drawings from Florida. They will arrive here just in time for our departure.” He smiled at the young woman who looked like she was having the debate of her life amongst herself. “Oh, by the way I have a surprise for you,” he flashed a key with a mini-picture of the Mona Lisa drawing as the key chain. “Come on lets go follow me,” and with that he opened the door for her.

“Where are we going?” she asked in curiosity as she followed him. She was perplexed at the idea of not knowing where she was going. What was the mystery with the key he held in his hand?

After sitting in a cab for ten minutes he finally spoke, “It’s the key to your new home!” The cab had come to a halt in gorgeous apartment complex. “With the profit from the auction we had two weeks ago and how well your work sold; I thought you could use a place to call your own. I actually got a good deal,” he winked at her and put the key in her hand. “Now, let’s go take a look!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Dr. Dane he said he isn’t leaving to till you talk to him.”

“Fine let him in Rose,” she was fuming at how he could be so stubborn. She was furious yet she felt happy after three weeks of not seeing him or hearing him. She would get to see him and to be honest she had missed him. She felt a smile crawl on her face as she saw the door to her office open.

“Hey Dr. Dane, or can I say Hailey?” he walked in slowly with a cheesy grin on his face.

“Hey Alex, now I ask myself what are you doing here harassing my receptionist. I thought you understood,” she stopped her talking; she knew there was no sense in arguing.

“I know what you said but, I had to come personally and give you this,” he flashed an envelope with gold writing in the front. “It’s your invitation to my wedding Sarah and I have finally decided on a date.”

She took the envelope from his hand and read the fancy print, Hailey M. Dane and family, “thanks for the invitation Alex but, why?” she looked at him with question.

“Cause I consider you my friend and to be honest doctor you helped me realize something the last time we spoke. Do you remember?” he looked at her with gratitude in his eyes. “You are a great woman and I feel that now that there is no reason to not be friends. I am no longer your patient and I would love to consider you my friend. Besides Sarah really wants to meet you, see she doesn’t know that for the last three weeks I’ve been seeing that guy you recommended me. Dr. Bryan, he’s great you were right he did understand me and just like you he doesn’t judge me. There is also no attraction what so ever,” he laughed as he finished his sentence.

She blushed at his comment there it was again this guy making her feel things she hadn’t in a very long time. “Alex, I am happy to know how you feel about your new shrink. He once was my shrink when Sam and I had really bad marital problems. He really is a good therapist, better than me. So this means you have cleared your head and separated your feelings?” she asked curiously as she opened the envelope and skimmed through the invitation.

“Uh, well you could say that. See one thing I know for sure Sarah is the one for me. She’s been with me through the worst times in my life. I owe it to her to finally settle down with her, besides I am happy with her…” he stopped talking and looked at his hands as if there was something interesting on them.

“Well it seems like your just doing it for pressure. Like you feel like you have to honor your words to her, but the truth Alex is that you don’t. Do you love her? What I mean when I ask if you love her, I mean do you see her like when you first met her. Do you see yourself getting old with her by your side? Do you feel that she treats you like she did in the beginning and do you? Do you feel the butterflies in your stomach every time you see her smile?” she looked at him as she asked him those questions.

“I – I think I do, at least some of them. What about you? Do you feel those things still for Sam?” he asked more to annoy her and have her stop talking about his situation. He was doing the right thing right? He did love Sarah she had a special place in his heart and she was passionate toward him. That’s all that mattered right that he was grateful to her and that he did feel love for her.

She was appalled by his question, how can he ask her that? He didn’t know her and if she once shared her personal information it was to help him. How could he bring that up? “I sure do I am still married to him Alex,” she forced a smile on her face as she put the invitation down on her desk. “Alex, I am honored by the invitation and I will most definitely consider in attending. Now if you excuse me, I am in expectance of a patient any minute now.” She looked at the huge calendar on her desk.

“Look, I know I shouldn’t have asked you that and I am sorry, it’s just that you described love so beautifully that I just thought that Sam was the reason you did. Apparently I was wrong and I know that marriage is a big step but, Sarah and I are different we’ve been living together for awhile. I know she’s the right one, yeah I know sometimes there is a moment in which I see myself with a different woman. But what can I say? I am only human and imperfect. I know I have been a very flirty person and I get tempted sometimes but at the end I see Sarah’s face. I then realized that I couldn’t do her like that and that I love her to much to do it. I think that feeling alone proves to me that I am making the right decision. I am sorry for bringing up your business, I had no right.” He stood up and extended his hand out to her. “See you at my wedding, Hailey.”

She stood up and slapped his hand, “I do love Sam like that, and he is the father of my children. We have our bad moments but, at the end of the day Alex we both realize that we love each other. I can’t believe you, you trying to be so cocky! You don’t know half of what Sam and I have, how you can say that I apparently don’t feel love toward my own husband?” she glared at him seeing the amusement her response had on his face.

“Then why did you let me go?” he arched his eye as he stared her straight in the eyes. He didn’t know what it was about Dr. Dane but she was just- so interesting to him. Even if she was mad, something about her made him fonder of her. It wasn’t the same as to the feelings he had for Sarah they were deeper, but he couldn’t help to feel what he did toward this woman. “You’re a very contradicting woman, Hailey Dane.”

She had a loss of words, she didn’t have an answer. He was right; she must have seen something that she definitely hadn’t seen in Sam for quite sometime. She knew exactly what that was. “You know Alex, sometimes love can become a very systematic routine. I have been married to Sam for over twenty years now and you want to know what attracted me to him? It was his way of treating me, the way he showed me he cared, his love for kids and his smile, you know he used to smile all the time! But time and other problems get in the way and the triple rope that you thought was your marriage starts to wear out. Till it becomes really thin and worn out, but deep very deep inside you still feel those sparks for that person and you work hard to get back what you once had. But there are always those hurdles that are thrown right at you, to get you to finally call it quits. That’s where you come in Alex, you’re my hurdle and just like a pebble in a shoe you have to remove it right? That’s what I did I removed you, cause I want my marriage to work out. Cause I love Sam! I can’t deny that you’re very attractive, sexy and full of life. But, that doesn’t make you the most important part of my life!” she raised her arms in annoyance, why did she have to say all that.

That was it, that’s all it took for him to grab her by surprise and without permission kiss on her lips. It was a very different feeling to Sarah’s yet, he felt sparks inside him. He inhaled her smell after he let go of her mouth, he was in trance as he looked into her eyes. He let go of her and walked away from her, closer to the exit and turned to see her still there touching her lips. “I-I don’t know what came into me, I really am sorry. I should go now,” with that he walked out of the office not once looking back.
Chapter 12 by summer03
She took a deep breath as she stepped out of the taxi cab. She felt tears forming in her eyes as she saw the stone trail toward her parent’s home. She had to beg to get this day and come see her parents, but it was something she needed to do, she felt guilty after only calling them once in a while. She was not that kind of daughter, she was very grateful to her parents and not being able to share with them her new self made her feel very guilty. She felt his hand grab hers as he stood beside her. She turned to smile at him, how lucky was she to have found him…Marco was incredible and now he was her boyfriend. That word was music to her ears. Her first real boyfriend, “ready to meet them, I mean you don’t have to though. I don’t want you to think that because of this I am insinuating anything!” she said as she faced him.

“Ok, Liz I know that, really I am just glad to be here with you. Come on lets go,” he caressed her hand with his as he initiated the walking.

She tried her key wanting to really give them the surprise and it worked just like always. She walked into the house and was hit with emotions; she wanted to cry so badly. So many memories in this house, her art room was just down the hall. She took a deep breath, called out for her parents, and then she heard the barking from the back of the house. She knew where they were, she pulled Marco so he could follow. She saw them on the patio her father like always reading the paper and her mother chatting with…Denise. She hadn’t expected to see her today; she really didn’t want to see her at all. She was thankful but she just didn’t want to see her, she needed more time. To her dismay she was seen by her father, who put down the newspaper and started walking to the glass doors. He looked confused, “hi, daddy,” she managed to say before she let out a cry. She could not hold her emotions any longer.

He was wondering how this stranger had gotten in and then as he opened the door he saw who it was. His baby, he too felt tears in his eyes as he heard her call him daddy. “Sweetie,” he hugged her for dear life. “Judy, come here darling,” he once again spoke finally getting the attention from the two women sitting in the patio.

“Actually dad we can go out there,” she told him as she stepped outside followed by Marco. She heard him clear his throat and knew instantly why, “Oh, I am so sorry dad this is Marco my boyfriend,” she smiled….

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He forced a smile on his face as Sarah and he posed for the photographer. They were taking pictures for the thank you notes they were going to send out to there guest. All he was thinking about was the horrible mistake he had done a few weeks ago. He could still feel Dr. Dane’s lips on his and see her beautiful face. He had received a couple of calls from her since then but he had ignored them all. Feeling too guilty for his outbreak and knowing that most likely she was calling to give him a piece of her mind being that he had run out of her office right after the kiss. He just didn’t know what had gotten to him, Dr. Dane was a very attractive woman and it just felt right. He felt Sarah’s hand on his shoulder and her breath right at his neck. He put away his thoughts and looked at her, her beautiful face just inches away from his.

“So, our session is almost done and after all this posing for the cameras I feel little…uhm how can I say this??? How about we go straight home and have some more fun?” she purred into his ear as she then laid a kiss on his neck. Lately he looked extra tensed and she just figured it was the wedding jitters, so she thought that maybe a little cheering up would come in handy and besides she too felt a little nervous. AJ would be a great pick me up, per say he was incredible to her.

He felt even more guilt as he heard his fiancé talk about love; Sarah really did not deserve any of what was happening? The truth was he did love Sarah right, he was probably just having wedding jitters everyone had those right? “I think that’s sound great, in fact I think our session has officially ended for me. I liked the first one we took!”

She started to laugh as she heard his response. “Fine I like that one too,” she rolled her eyes at him as she walked toward the photographer.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She smiled as she looked into the pool shining beneath the moonlight. Time was going by fast; it seemed like she had barely arrived at her house but actually it was almost time to leave. She had promised to be back in Orlando by tomorrow and it would be a long ride back. She took a drink of her glass; she never thought wine could taste so good. She closed her eyes and just tried to concentrate on everything going around her life. She was now an independent woman living out her dream. She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder, realizing who it was she smiled. “Hey, I have to thank you for Tommy he is such a great guy. He has helped me so much with this and I owe you for it,” she smiled at the woman standing beside her.

“There’s no need dear, I did what I wish someone would of done for me years ago when AJ told me he wanted to be famous. I know you didn’t want to be famous but you wanted to share your art with everyone and sometimes you need help to even get notice in the business. So Marco seems really sweet, how long have you known him, if I may ask?” she raised her eyebrows at the new beautiful girl in front of her.

“I met him in New York and we became friends. He is really nice and I can say that I am falling deeply for him. He fell for the real me and he also loves art, he is just great Denise.” She gushed to the woman that now faced her with content as she heard the happiness she was experiencing.

“I am very happy for you dear. I will also be at the art gallery in Orlando on Saturday, I will definitely see if I can get anything to hang in my remodeled living room. I actually have a hectic schedule coming up, with Alex’s wedding in just three months. I have a lot to do, Sarah wants me to help her with the planning, I personally think she should get a wedding planner,” she finished as she took a drink from the glass in her own hand.

Had she heard right? AJ was finally getting married and even though she knew that was what was supposed to happen she felt sad. It was like now there was no chance at all for her to ever think of AJ feeling anything other than friendship for her. She had Marco but still she had to admit that AJ was her first real crush, “Wow, so when is the big day? Is he getting married here in Florida?”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So he had lied, but it was needed. He threw his cell phone on the bed; he hated himself right at the moment and had left Sarah worried in the other room. He just couldn’t go through with it; as soon as he started to kiss her he saw her face. “What have you done Alex?” he then heard the light knock on his door. He took a deep breath and opened it, to find a worried face staring at him.

“Don’t worry Alex I understand,” she told him as she hugged him and kissed his face tenderly. She didn’t quite understand before she couldn’t keep him of her and now he couldn’t even touch her? She just kept telling herself it was the wedding jitters kicking in. Hell, she felt nervous herself. “Listen I am going over to Jen’s and look at some more wedding arrangements, just relax ok. I am not going to not marry for this ok, I understand. Go out and play some pool or something that will help you forget about this situation,” with that she left the room and out the house she shared with him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The phone rang several times and then he heard her voice it was her voice mail. He hung up before it finished; he took yet another cigarette and lit it up. He walked around the busy street, he could feel the staring from some fans, yet he was glad they did not dare to bother him. He saw the coffee shop from far and then decided that maybe caffeine would help him clear his mind. He finished his cigarette and that’s when he felt the tap on his shoulder, “Look guys I am sorry but today I am not up for signing autographs or pictures…” he stopped talking when he saw who it was.

“I think we need to talk Alex, I see you finally returned my calls,” she said in a subtle tone as she flashed her cell phone to him. “There’s an empty bench over there we can use,” she then started to walk, knowing he would follow.

He slowly took a seat and sighed heavily, “I don’t know where to start Hailey I normally don’t do this, well not when I am about to get married. I don’t know what came to me, I am really sorry about this.” He rubbed the back of his neck fiercely like it would make a miracle happen.

“I know and I should’ve of stopped you. I want to apologize also for getting all paranoid with you that day. I shouldn’t be talking about my personal life with you; I just don’t know how to explain what came to me either. So I want to propose this to you, I don’t want to see you ever again and I will never mention this to anybody. Do we have a deal?” she looked at him with desperation in her eyes. “I have a career that can be put in jeopardy because of this! You have to agree Alex you must, I love my husband I do…” tears now forming in her eyes she squeezed his hand waiting for his response.

Was it desperation in her voice? He had to admit that her proposal was great and he shouldn’t think about it twice, he should just accept. But that would be lying to himself, he knew that someone else knew about it and he would always make him feel guilty. Aside from Hailey and him there was god who had witness this whole mess. He knew that knowing that god knew would only make him feel more remorse. It was only a kiss though, he had kissed Lisa also why was he making a big deal with this one? He felt her grip on his hand and then realized why, he was falling for his therapist. Everything about her attracted him even more, he didn’t care that she was much older than him. “I think I am falling in love with you Hailey,” he said bluntly as he turned to look at the older woman dressed in casual clothing. She still looked good though, even with out her white coat or her name tag. He felt her grip loosen and her hand being removed from his.

“No, your not Alex remember what you told me last time you love Sarah,” she whispered in shock. How could she let this happen? She had allowed infatuation take over her and now this whole situation came out it. She should’ve recommended Alex to another therapist since day one. The truth was she was in some way happy to hear that someone still thought she was interesting, but she loved her job and kids to ruin her life. Besides she knew Alex really didn’t know what he wanted he was young and still discovering himself. “Alex nothing will ever happen between you and me, so just take my proposal and continue on. I know you’re confused and at the end you will see the light in your tunnel, but that light isn’t me,” she sighed heavily as she saw the young man stare at her with anticipation, like she would say ok then lets give a try. But, she wasn’t going to do that, she had always known what she wanted in life, leaving her family and career for a stupid infatuation was not one of them.

Just as he heard those words he remembered his response to Lisa on his last day in Florida. He now knew how she felt, when he told her he didn’t want to be more than friends. There he was being told he was not liked, it felt horrible. “I’m sorry, but I can’t hide my feelings toward you. At first I thought it was just a little crush but now I can’t seem to stop thinking about you. But, I understand how you feel; I just wish you would understand how I feel right at this moment. My heart has been shredded into the smallest pieces.” He looked at her one more time and smiled he had to let her go, well she was never anything to him anyway. He could handle this right? The truth is he did still love Sarah; she would win his heart back. “I accept you proposal Hailey, I just thought I should share how hard it will be for me to forget you.”

She leaned in and gave him a hug, “Alex, your young and a sweetheart you will definitely find the right gal. Just keep your eyes wide open,” with that she walked away leaving him there staring at her perplexed.
Chapter 13 by summer03
“Hello?” she asked in surprise, why was her son calling so early in the morning? He was not a morning person at all. She was awake though and now was worried; her son must be in some trouble if not he wouldn’t call her so early.

“Mom, hey listen I actually landed in Orlando just five minutes ago and wanted to call you to ask you to come on up. I want to see you,” he said fast. He knew that his mom would be surprised to hear that he was in Orlando with only weeks away from his wedding. He waited silently for her answer, it was only a few minutes but for him her silence seemed forever.

She held her breath and then let out a small laugh, “Alex you’re not going to guess where I am at right at this moment? I am actually in Orlando, I actually am staying at your house, and I thought you wouldn’t mind my stay here for the weekend.” This was incredible, but now the question was, why was he in Orlando with only weeks from his wedding. She smiled knowing that most likely it was, wedding jitters.

He had a loss of words, his mother was actually in Orlando that meant he would actually have the conversation in his head with his mother earlier than he had expected. He sighed heavily and spoke, “Mom, we need to talk he said subtly,” he shut his eyes as he waited for his mothers words.

“Ok, we can do that you know I am here for you. Are you on your way to your house?” she heard the worried tone on her sons voice something was definitely bothering him.

“Yeah,” he said as he grabbed his luggage and headed out of the airport.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She woke up to a smiling face staring at her. His gorgeous eyes felt like they were trying to search for her deep and darkest feelings.

“Good morning,” he leaned in and kissed her forehead. She looked gorgeous even if her hair was not straight at all; it showed its natural untamed state. He had to admit that he was falling hard for this girl, for god sakes he had left his New York to be with her. She was different and she drove him crazy. He had to come to her because he had missed her so much since she had left New York. Lisa was something else and seeing her made him feel complete. She was his muse, since he met her had started a novel just about her.

“Good morning; how long have you been sitting here watching me sleep?” she asked as she sat up aware of her appearance early in the morning. Had it been Gilbert she wouldn’t have cared, but it was her boyfriend. She felt her heart fall when she remembered of Gilbert, things between them were not good. She had walked out on him after she caught him shooting up in the bathroom. She after that had been staying with Tiffany the friend she had made at her job in Starbucks. But, now she had a place to call her own, she smiled and cleared away the horrible thoughts of her ex-friend. She looked at the clock that hung on a wall and realized she had slept longer than she had expected, “I’m sorry for sleeping till now, I – just need a few minutes to get ready,” with that she ran into the restroom.

“Ok, I will wait for you in the other room I also ordered room service!” he yelled as he smiled to see how much impact it had caused on Lisa for him to see her, without her makeup and hair made. He had been quite a while actually just watching her inhale and exhale air. Inspiration is what he got from it; he really did like this girl, could she be it?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She didn’t know exactly how she had done it, but she had successfully moved Judy Vickers out of her son’s house and in to a hotel. Just in time she thought as heard the door open again, “Is that you Alex?” she asked as she walked into the foyer. She smiled as she saw her son standing there.

“Yes it’s me,” he answered as he dropped his luggage on the floor, staring at his mother. He felt like running up to her and hugging her like he would do in his younger years. When he was scared to hell of the dark and would run to hug her in her room, not wanting to sleep alone. Yet he contained himself and just gave her a warm hug and kiss.

Yeah something was really wrong; she knew the moment she made eye contact with him. What could possibly be wrong? He was getting married to the love of his life right? Something told her there was something that was bothering him but what? “So you want some breakfast or lunch,” she said as she looked at the time.

“I don’t care anything is good, I’m not really hungry.” He followed his mother to his kitchen and was hit with the smell of breakfast. It was actually cool to see his kitchen being used, it rarely did. He really wanted to just spill it out, what was bothering him, his mother always knew how to make it better, or at least that’s what he wanted to believe right at that moment.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“That was good,” she said as she finished her piece of toast. She was in heaven at the moment; she was with Marco and she loved his company. Having him there with her made her go through this tour swiftly. The truth she felt safe and loved by him, he was what she had only dreamt of, he was her prince charming. She knew that probably this weekend would be the last one with him; he was heading back to New York. But it had helped though, now she was a little more adjusted with her routine of checking in and out of hotels. She couldn’t help it and just reached out to touch his face, he was adorable and clean cut compared to her first crush.

“Are you nervous?” he asked her as he kissed her outstretched hand. She was just the best girl he could ever have as a girlfriend. He saw the real her, the shy and creative person she was. “I mean with your mom coming to the gallery and all.”

“I think I am way past nervousness,” she said as she watched him kiss her hand, his soft lips touching each finger. She felt like butter as he did that, she hadn’t done anything more with him than make out, and in moments like this she wonder how it would feel to let him in completely. All she knew was she didn’t want to hurt ever again like she did last time she tried that.

“Well, I have an idea, come let’s go” he said as he pulled her up from her seat. “Let’s get all that tension out of you,” he said as he opened the door to hotel room.

“Where are we going?? Shouldn’t I be showing you around?” she giggled as he made funny faces to her. He was a great and lovable person, could he really be her prince charming.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She held on to her son like she never had before, hearing him feel so guilty made her wonder if he ever really loved Sarah. His cry was like a child’s after loosing his favorite toy, “Every thing will be fine Alex, and you’re just confused. I know that you can find and deviate your true feelings. Separate your feelings for each of them; I honestly think it’s not really that serious. I think your using that excuse to break off your engagement. Alex, is that it? Are you having second thoughts about Sarah being the right one?” she asked him with a stern voice as she forced her son to look at her straight in the eye.

For a second he thought about what his mother was telling him. Just for that instance he thought he had found the answer to his dilemma. Yet he couldn’t accept that was the truth to his guiltiness, it made sense but it also made him a very disgraceful person toward Sarah. “I don’t know mom, that’s why I need your help,” he said in a desperate tone.

She sighed and spoke, “Well I guess we have all weekend to figure this out, now go and rest.” She didn’t even ask if Sarah knew where he was, at the moment the only thing that mattered to her was her son and his apparent confusion in love. She would have to cancel her plans to go to the gallery, because at this moment her son needed her. She would have to call Judy and let her know…
Chapter 14 by summer03
“Tommy do you think they’ll like my work here in Orlando?” she just had to ask because she was too nervous just sitting there getting her hair done.

“Of course, I know for sure that Denise will be one of your fans, then there’s your mom which I am anxious to meet. They will love you, if not as long as Marco loves you who cares right?” he raised his brows at his comment, smiling insides as he saw Lisa laugh. Working with her was great; she wasn’t picky and was very humble. She was a gorgeous girl and he knew sooner or later they would get an offer for something else. He wanted that so bad, she needed more publicity. He was aiming in making her one of the biggest modern artist in the country; he knew she was capable of being just that.

Having Tommy around to help her get through the hectic events made her realize she wouldn’t mind doing this. Tommy was her mentor and practically presented her to everyone major or important at every gallery. He told her that doing that showed humbleness and at the same helped getting her work out to be known around the country.

Suddenly her room was filled with make-up and wardrobe people, she didn’t mind them but sometimes she thought it was too much. She saw Tommy looking at the possible clothes she would wear and with out hesitation chose a simple black dress. She wouldn’t have thought much about it but, after his explanation to her dresser about how it would make her look elegant yet not stuck up. He emphasized he wanted her to wear that and some nice black shoes. With that she saw him leave but not before smiling at her.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She checked her watch and saw that in an hour the gallery would start. She knew that Judy was already on her way and it killed her to know she was not going to go, but her son needed her.

“Mom?” he waved his hand in front of her face. With everything they had talked about he still hadn’t asked why she was in town. All he knew was all day today she kept looking at her watch; she must have something to do then. “So you never told me why you are in Orlando?” he asked as he got her attention.

She was caught of guard and didn’t know what to answer, “I was going to this art gallery show that Tommy is involved with, he called me told he would be in Orlando this weekend. He told me I would love to see some of the paintings,” she smiled at his son as she turned her face like she was looking for something.

“Great, I think we should go then,” he stood up and smiled at her mother. After all the talking they had done he wanted to do something else. An art gallery sounded good, he liked art any form.

“Its ok son, I don’t have to go besides I already called Tommy and told I wouldn’t make it,” she told him subtly hoping that he would then just let it go.

“That’s nonsense mom, I am sure Tommy would love to see you pop in. Besides I haven’t seen him a while I would love to see him. I think it will be good for both of us, I need to get out and forget about this situation for a little while at least.” He pulled his mother out of the love seat and spoke again, “so go get ready, I will do the same come on.”

“But, it’s to late the show has started,” she lied as she was being pushed by him to her room.

“Better late than never mom, come on I know how much you appreciate Tommy. I would feel very guilty if you didn’t go, because of me. No more excuses get ready,” with he walked to his room and started to change.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Oh, honey you look great,” said Judy as she hugged her daughter. To see her so happy and dressed like a girl brought tears to her eyes. Her daughter had done a complete 360 and it was for the better. Not only that, she had a gorgeous Latin man as a boyfriend.

“Thanks mom, I am actually nervous. Where’s Denise?” she asked her mother as she hugged her back.

She didn’t know what to tell her really so she just smile and drank some more champagne before answering. “She wasn’t feeling well so she sends you her apologies,” she said quickly and then turned to pretend and look at the different paintings.

“Oh, well I hope she feels better. Hey mom I’ll be right back, Tommy is calling me. If Marco gets back before I do tell him I’ll be back and please no stories to him about my childhood understand?” she looked at her mother in the eyes to emphasize she did not want her to embarrass her in front of Marco.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She got off nervously fearing of what Mona would say after seeing who came with her. She had told her about her coming but never did she say her son would too. She tried to think about what would happen, it was not like Mona hated her son. She just didn’t want to see him; she was still very embarrassed around him. What would her son say when he finds out about her and the fact that she had not told him about her. She had been lying to him about not knowing why Mona had not been answering his emails or phone calls. She was under stress she could feel it she just hoped she could get through with this night. Then something made more sense to her, “wait, Alex I think I need to tell you something first.” She paused as she told him to stop now she had his beautiful eyes staring at her.

“What mom?” he asked with concern seeing how nervous she looked. What could possibly be bothering her so much?

“Uhm, ok listen Alex I have to confess something to you. I been lying to you about something and I have a reason for it, but I can’t hide it anymore.” She sighed heavily as she told him that.

“Well then spill mom,” he said now very much interested in knowing.

“Ok, I have been lying to you about not knowing where Mona is. See after you know, she decided to move out. She moved to New York with Gilbert her friend and before leaving I offered her Tommy’s business card. She accepted it and then she asked me for a favor. That favor was for you not to know about her, she was very embarrassed of her behavior last time and did not want to see you. I didn’t know what to say but, when I saw the pain in her eyes I had too. I am so sorry son, but you have to understand,” she looked down trying to avoid his stare.

He was quiet just soaking in what his mother had told him, “Ok, so you’re telling me this because I am about to meet Tommy and you’re afraid he might tell me about meeting Lisa right?” he asked with curiosity.

“Well something like that, see what I didn’t tell you is this art gallery we are going to is a tour. Tommy is touring with some of his agency new talents and one of those is Mona…” she said calmly.

“I see, so that’s why you didn’t want me to come. I understand completely and don’t feel guilty I can leave and pick you up when the show is done. I’ll go find something to do; I don’t want to ruin her night. She deserves this you know she is very talented and if seeing me will ruin it for her I think I should not go in. You should though,” he squeezed her arm lightly and walked back to the driver’s side of his car.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She felt his hand on her back and felt more confident. “So what do you think?” she asked him as they stared at one of her paintings.

“I like it,” he said as he contemplated the drawing.

“Well this painting has a twin,” she told him as she took a drink.

“Really well I haven’t seen it, did already sell?” he asked in curiosity looking at the other paintings.

“No,” she said remembering very well who had the other painting. She had given it to him, that night. She wondered if he really had hung it in his studio. She wondered many things really; she wondered if she had kept contact with him would she be invited to the wedding? She wanted to talk to him sometimes, tell him how she felt and hear him tell her he was there for her. Sometimes she wondered why she couldn’t see him as a friend when that’s all they really ever were. She wondered if he even ever thought of her. She did as much as she wished she didn’t she did. She did miss spending time with him it was time stopped when they were together, even if it was just them talking. Those few months were the best of her life, she had to admit that. Not that Gilbert wasn’t fun, but at the moment she couldn’t think of him! Now there was Marco but he was more than a friend and so far every moment she spent with him was great.


“Then where is it?” he asked her curiously as he saw her, it seemed like she was reminiscing on her past or could it be her present. He had learned a lot about her, but she never told him much about her other best friend. Every time the subject came up she would vaguely say that he had helped get over her shyness. Yet about Gilbert she always talked about, how she was worried for his new lifestyle.

“I gave it to a friend,” she said with a tone as to tell him not to ask anymore questions. “Did my mother tell you any embarrassing stories about me while I was with Tommy?” she asked trying to divert the conversation.

“Well,” he shrugged with a smile on his face. “They were really cute stories none to have embarrassed you. Nothing can change my mind about you Lisa,” he told her as he leaned in and kissed her cheek.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Huh, Denise I thought you said you weren’t –,” she froze as she saw who accompanied her friend.

“It’s a long story Judy, I’ll explain later,” she mouthed to her friend. She didn’t quite know what she had done exactly. All she remembered is not allowing him to leave even when he willingly had offered to go. She just felt it was time for him and Mona to talk. Mona was happy and well she hoped that his son soon would be happy. She felt like this time Mona could help her son see the light in his dark tunnel. That was why she had convinced him to come in with her. He had admitted he would love to talk to her and get her say on his situation.

So here he was following his mother into the show. He didn’t know why but he was glad his mother convinced him to talk to her. The truth was he really could use his Mona Lisa’s advice. He didn’t know what to expect though remembering the words she had used that night. But, he had to try he really did need her friendship. In those few months he had really come to like her company. He missed her he couldn’t lie about that. “Hi, Judy how you been?” he asked the surprised woman that stood in front him and his mother.

“Alex, I am doing well. I heard about your wedding, early congratulations on my part son,” she smiled at the young man. As she looked into his eyes, she understood why her daughter could feel more than friendship toward him.

“Well look who decided to show up and make this even a better night!” he said as he approached Denise.

“Tommy,” she said as she recognized her friend. It was always a pleasure to see him. “Tommy do you remember my son Alex,” she asked as she gave her friend a warm hug.

“Yes of course I do, especially when you have a daughter that has a poster of him on her wall.” He said as he shook his hand, “so when will a new album come out? That way I can share that with my daughter, she’s been dying to know that,” he laughed as he said it.

He smiled at Tommy as he answered his question, “it’s in the works as we speak.” He hadn’t thought much about there coming album but, now he remembered they had a set date to go into the studio and work on it. Realizing that made him happy and knowing that there was people still waiting on them to come out and sing again made him feel a little happy. He really needed that at the moment.

“Great, I have good news for Emily then. Well Denise hope we can talk later we have a lot of catching up to do. Well ladies and gentleman please look around, see what you like,” with that he walked away and into another group of people.

Denise saw the opportunity she was waiting for and whispered into her son’s ear, “She’s over there,” she pointed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If his mother had not shown him where she was he wouldn’t have recognized her. She was different; she was wearing a dress for one. She had beautifully layered and darkened her hair than before. He could only see her back, but only that look good he wondered how she looked from the front. He was approaching slowly toward her and the man that stood with her. After reaching his destination he didn’t know what to really say he cleared his throat only then did he catch her attention along with the man beside her. “Hi,” he managed to say as he saw her face of surprise.

Suddenly her world was in a black hole, she felt her knees weaken when she heard him say hi. She didn’t know what to say or what to think. She only looked at him with surprise; he still looked good though that hadn’t changed. “Hi,” she finally managed to say.

“Hi, I’m AJ,” he said to the man that now stared at them both with confusion.

“I’m Marco,” he extended his hand. He didn’t understand the awkwardness between him and Lisa but he could definitely see it.

“Nice to meet you Marco, I was actually wondering if I could speak with Lisa for a moment.” He stared at her as he said her name, he knew better then start off in a bad way, so he didn’t dare call her Mona Lisa.

“Will you leave us alone for a moment Marco please,” she said to him, wondering how he had found out about this. Why was he here? The truth was she was a little happy, seeing him. She watched her boyfriend leave a little confused but she knew Marco would understand once she explained everything.
Chapter 15 by summer03
“Thanks, for accepting my invitation,” he said to her as she removed her shoes. She looked amazing, nothing compared to how she had looked the first day he had seen her.

She just smiled at his comment and continued to look out into the waves splashing into the sand. She didn’t know really why she had accepted his invitation but now here she was in his back yard, which by the way was amazing. “I love your back yard; you don’t need a pool when you have the beach as your back yard.” She smiled as she remembered the night at the beach with him back in Palm Beach.

He smiled at her comment, “thanks, and your welcome anytime you know that.” It was a dark clear night and the breeze was just right, he sighed as he looked at her silhouette just inches away from his. Yet it felt like miles away, he still hadn’t spoken to her well enough. Now he was glad she accepted to talk to him after her show. “I bought the other one. That way they won’t be apart,” he said trying to get the conversation going. She just looked like she didn’t want to talk; she just stood there looking in the night.

“I guess that’s good, you can hang it up next to the other one. But you didn’t have to,” she told him finally turning around to face him. He was only inches away and she couldn’t help but shiver. “So,” she said not really wanting to talk, but she knew that she was here instead of being with Marco. Besides it was late and she knew she had to head back to her hotel soon. Marco had been pretty comprehensive when she told him she was going to go somewhere else before going back to the hotel.

“Well where can I start really, I just need a friend right now. As I thought through my head which friend I should go to, I realized you’re the one I need. Because you understand the real me, I need a friend right at this moment,” he said as he fought the tears threatening to come out. He looked through his pocket till he found what he was looking for, without hesitation he lighted a cigarette. When he was caught of guard and felt her arms wrap around him. He discarded the lit cigarette and hugged her back. He felt relieved like a big weight had been lifted away from him, she had forgiven him. Or at least that’s what he took it as.

“Is preparing for a wedding really this stressful?” she asked as she finally let go of him. “I would think it would be more exciting you know,” she wrapped her arms around herself, feeling the breeze a little cool.

“It isn’t when you’re not sure anymore if you want to spend the rest of your life with that person,” he said as he took of his shirt and handed it to her. He saw her take it hesitantly, but smiled when she did use it.

She turned to him, was he trying to tell her something. Was it was she thought it was? She took a deep breath and spoke, “well if you want to talk about it I’m here.”

“Ok,” he said as he stared at her. He just stared at her for a while and finally seeing how uncomfortable she looked, he spoke, “I am screwed My Mona Lisa, I did a really bad thing…I kissed another woman that was not my fiancé!” he looked at her as he said it. “I think I am in love with her too,” he let out a sigh as he finished.

Was she hearing right? Had he said he had fallen in love with her? That sounded like music to her ears, but she also heard the pain as he said. She did not want to be the one that made him feel pain; she loved him well she thought she did. She could not do that to him, “I am sorry AJ and I don’t know what to say but that I am sorry…”

“I don’t want you to feel sorry for me Lisa; I want you to tell me what to do! I am lost, should I go through with the wedding or should I not? I know Sarah does not deserve this, but I know I have no chance with Hailey… she’s married. But, I do have really deep feelings for Sarah though. I have so much to thank her for she’s been with me through all my shit! Not any easy task when I was such a screw up.” He sighed in frustration, as he finished his explanation to her.

She had to breathe in deeper as she heard him, how could she be naïve and think AJ was talking about her. Of course AJ did not see her like that; he was talking about some other woman. She knew she shouldn’t have put her hopes up like that it was only her fault. She cleared her and spoke, “Wow, you’re in deep waters my friend.” She tried to lighten the situation; she wanted not to feel stupid. “I think you don’t love Sarah, your just trying to love her cause you think you owe it to her. I think that if she loves you like you say she does, she will understand you. I say you should postpone the wedding and just stay away from it all concentrate on that album you and your friends are working on. Don’t think about love and if Sarah is the one AJ she will wait. So who is Hailey?” she asked with caution, she wanted to know what that Hailey had that she didn’t. The truth was she was not all that jealous she had Marco right?

“That’s how my mother sees’s it. I guess you both are right, I should do that. Hailey was my therapist back in Cali, she’s just amazing. I don’t know how I fell for her but, I did. Talking about that I want to apologize for my actions, now I know how it feels to be rejected. I love you Lisa I do but like my friend and I don’t know what happened that time in your house. I really wasn’t thinking with my head, I just want you to know that I am really sorry.” He smiled at her, she was just quiet listening to his every word well at least he hoped she was.

“It’s not your fault AJ, I should have known better. How could someone like you even think of someone like me in any other way, besides you always told me I was just your friend.” She ran her hand through her hair as she continued on, “I now know that I really didn’t like you though, I actually have found someone. Like you told me remember?” she bit her lip she knew she was lying when she told him she did not love him, but he was tormented enough to not worry him more. The truth was she was in love though, Marco was an exceptional boyfriend.

He was caught of guard when he heard her say she had found someone. His Mona Lisa had found someone, he felt happy yet sad. He didn’t understand why, maybe it was just the fact that now he was not going to have her attention only. “I am glad, was it that Marco guy? By the way you look stunning my Mona Lisa, you truly have done a 360. I didn’t recognize you at the gallery; my mom actually had to point you out for me.” He laughed softly at his comment, how could he not recognize his own friend. The truth though was she had really changed, heck his mother and he had only helped her with the tip of the iceberg. But who ever had helped her now had done a complete head to toe makeover and she was hot. His Mona Lisa was a hottie, the good thing she did not let that go to her head.

“Yeah how you guess? Marco is a great guy and he is a writer!” she smiled at the thought of Marco, his kisses were amazing. She closed her eyes as she remembered his kisses, that man drove her a little crazy.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Ok Mr. Reynolds, I have your results in this folder. I am afraid I have bad news for you,” she looked the young man sitting the room. He looked worried and sick; no one was here with him for this. It made her sad; he didn’t look to old hell he looked like her son’s age. Young people not protecting themselves, she thought so many young men and woman getting this condemning disease.

He chewed on his lower lip, as he heard the words he had prayed not to hear. At that moment he finally thought of her, his Lizzie where could she be? How much he wished he could go back to when she had tried to stop him from going down this path. “Well just say it Doctor,” he said bluntly looking at the elderly lady with the results in hand.

“Honey, you are HIV positive,” she said slowly watching him start to cry. She hated giving bad news, but that was her job. “Now son, I am going to prescribe you four different antiviral drugs to start fighting this ok. You can continue with your normal life, just make sure you take this in the recommended amounts, I will have a nurse explain to you as well to the side effects of the antiviral medicines.” She went up to him and hugged the young man, as he continued to cry. “I know how you feel son, but don’t let this get you down, many people live for very long time with this disease, we live in America, and you will get all the treatment you need.

He was hearing what his doctor told him, but he just couldn’t accept that he had just heard the doctor say that. “Maybe those are not my lab test, you might have confused them with someone else’s do them again. This can’t happen to me I am in the best part of my life, I am in Broadway for crying out loud.” He cried harder and wished that the results really were not his and someone else’s. That his doctor would apologize and say that they had mistaken his results for someone else, god he needed Lizzie here with him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She awoke to the light breathing of someone beside her, and then she felt an arm on top of her. She smiled as she remembered where she was, “she looked at the arm around her and started to trace the tattoos on it. She couldn’t help but smile, she and AJ had now made peace, “AJ?” she asked softly at first, she saw his fingers move. She laughed when she heard him moan, “AJ get up, I need to go back to my hotel if not Tommy is going to get mad.”

He had felt her fingers on his arm, but he was too tired to open his eyes. It was a moment like this that he had been wanting. A sleepover, per say they had talked till they couldn’t anymore only to then realize that it was very late. He couldn’t let her go like that late so he offered her a room, little did he know that he would also stay in that room, but they had so much to talk about. He didn’t really remember who fell asleep first but, here they were sleeping in the same bed. “How long have you been awake?” he asked as he finally moved his hand away.

“Not long, I see you never made it back to your room,” she smiled as she sat up and tried to straighten he wrinkled dress. “I should get going, I still have to pack we leave tonight to Tennessee. Just call me after your talk with Sarah, I hope everything goes well. I know she will understand, she looks like she really loves you AJ.” She stood up and hesitantly looked into the mirror, to her dismay her hair was back to her untamed self.

“Wait, I’ll drive you to the hotel,” he said as he too stood up.

“No, it’s cool get some rest your going to need it.” With that she pushed him back into the bed.


“Fine, but now that your Latin lover is heading back to New York whose going to travel with you?” he asked as he sat on the bed.

“Nobody, I guess” she said she put her shoes back on. She looked at the watch and knew she better get going. “Hey can you call a cab for me?” she asked him as she continued to search for one of her shoes.

“Well can I join you; I mean after I go back and call the wedding off with Sarah. I just think I shouldn’t be in Cali for while after that.” he asked subtly hoping she would say yes. The truth was he was happy; he really had missed her company.

She stopped searching and stared at him with a questioned face. She felt her heart jump higher than usual. She had to admit that she loved his company, now he was her only friend. She smiled and spoke, “that’s fine with me,” she didn’t hide her excitement well. She was going to have AJ with her for god knew how long, she liked the idea. She was brought back out of her thoughts by the shoe being waved in front of her face.

“I had it all along I just wanted to see you search,” he said with a grin as he handed it to her, “besides if you would’ve declined my offer, well lets just say you would of left with out a shoe.” He laughed as he walked back to the bed and again sat down.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“So are you going to tell me who that was?” he asked her as they both sat in the airport waiting for there flights. He would head back to New York and she would head to Tennessee. The truth was he wasn’t jealous, it was just curiosity right. It was killing him though to know that she had not come back to the hotel till that morning.

“That is my friend AJ; he is going through a really bad time right now and wanted to talk. He’s Denise’s son, we haven’t had a good conversation since I moved to New York. He was there for me so I have to be there for him.” she said in a hurt tone, why was he so anxious to find out about who AJ was? Was he jealous? She had to admit that thought made her feel wanted for once. The truth was he had nothing to worry about right? AJ was clear like water about the type of relationship she wanted with her. Besides now that she had him she didn’t really care about AJ in any other way. Friends that’s what they were; she had to repeat that in her head though.

“He’s very different to what I would picture your friends to be. No offense though, I am glad you were able to help him though. Listen Lisa I’ve been meaning to give you something,” he reached into his pocket and flashed her, a simple silver ring with hearts on it. “I saw it before I left New York in this jewelry shop and well I knew you would like it. I just hadn’t found the right time to give it to you, I want you to wear it here,” he grabbed her left hand and put it on her ring finger. “It’s a promise ring Lisa and the promise is that I will only love you. I want you to remember me every time you see it on your beautiful hand.” He kissed her hand and then her lips.

She returned the kiss, as she felt fireworks he really did like her. Did he tell her that he loved her? She felt tears come done her cheeks, they were happy tears though. This was the most romantic thing to ever happen to her…”Its beautiful Marco, I will wear it with pride,” she told him after she broke the kiss.

“I’m glad you like it,” he said with a big smile on his face. That’s when he heard his call for the flight back to New York, “I guess that’s me, baby I will see you soon and I will call every night ok? Duty calls, I have people to drive around,” he said as he kissed his girlfriend good-bye.

“Bye,” she said as she watched him disappear from her sight. She was going to be alone for the Tennessee gallery, but now she had this ring to remind that someone was thinking of her. She walked back to where Tommy and the rest waited for the call.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He kissed her back trying to record her kisses in his head. Somehow he knew she would not understand him, “We need to talk Sarah,” he said as he went into his house his luggage still in hand. The truth was he wished the earth would just swallow him whole right then and there. He knew that his mother and his Mona Lisa were right he could not keep playing with her feelings when he didn’t know if she was the one for him.

She didn’t like the way he spoke, she knew something was up. Suddenly he was indifferent to her he was up to something and her heart told her it wasn’t something good. So many things ran through head, she loved this man and she just hoped that her intuition was wrong. “Ok, sure what do you want to talk about?”

He looked at her and felt his heart sink could he really do this? She was beautiful and was just one of a kind really. She knew how to please him in every way yet apparently not if his heart made him come to this conclusion. The truth is Hailey had put a spell on him and he could just not continue to hurt people he cared for. Sarah was one of those people he may not feel love for her but, he really respected and cared for her. He felt a huge lump form on his throat but, he knew there was no turning back, “I – want to call off the wedding. I can’t marry you Sarah,” he felt his tears come down this was harder than he had thought. Then he felt it, the burning sensation on his left cheek all he did was bring his hand to the stinging on his face. He deserved that and more he knew that, “I am sorry…I just need time Sarah I want to be sure you’re the one for me,” he finished.

“More time?? How much time do you need Alex? I’ve been with you since…” she sighed as she felt her heart hurt. She was in pain she had given herself completely to this man and it all came back stabbing her right in the heart. She let out a cry, her tears started to flow nonstop. “I love you,” she said between sobs, god her heart ached to know that the man she thought was as crazy as her in love wasn’t? “What are you looking for Alex? Dam it! Love is right in front of you and your letting it go…Just answer me one thing. Does that Lisa girl have anything to do with this??” she had to ask that, the truth was she just felt that since his return from his mother’s house he wasn’t the same.

“Nooo, god Sarah it has nothing to do with her, it has to do with me! I am the one that can’t decide what I want. If you want to blame someone blame me…” he sighed and spoke again, “I have to tell you something else though. I have to so I can feel sane, I kissed my therapist and after that I started to have doubts,” he said slowly as it would help in someway. That’s when he felt it again another burning sensation, he knew he deserved it though, he saw the pain this was causing her.

“Get out Alex, get out! I know this is your fucking house, but leave me here alone come back in a few hours I will be completely gone by then!” she pushed him and punched never had she felt so much anger. She was angry, sad, hurt and destroyed. How could this happen to her??

He just let her hit him, she needed to release the anger and deception she felt at that moment. He too was disappointed in his lack of maturity; Sarah really was a great girl why couldn’t he just accept her. He knew he wouldn’t have to worry about her not loving him back, she truly did he had always known that. “Don’t worry Sarah take your time, I am leaving again and won’t be back in a while so take your time in leaving,” with that he grabbed his luggage again and walked out of his own house. He sighed as he knew exactly where he was heading.
Chapter 16 by summer03
Author's Notes:
So I added three more chapters please let me know what you think..
She was tired for some reason so right after the gallery she was changed into her pajamas and crashed on the bed. She was also happy, AJ would join her and that just put a smile on her face. She was dozing off when she heard the desperate knock on her door, “who could it be at this time?” she walked to the door clueless to whom it could be. Could it be AJ already??

He ran to her arms and started to cry. All he wanted was her to be there for him, “I am so sorry Lizzie, I was a fool to not listening to your advices.” He still held her tight and all he wanted was to here call him Gibbs.

She was in surprise as she felt Gilbert’s strong arms around her. She felt tears come down her face as she heard his friend apologize, “I forgive you Gibbs.” He looked horrible and he looked like he had been crying for days.

“I am so stupid Lizzie, I am really stupid… I think that’s why karma kicked me in the ass!” he said as he took a seat on the couch. He couldn’t keep it in him any longer so he just blurted it out, “I am dieing Lizzie,” he began to cry again.

She felt her breathing stop as she heard his words…was she hearing right? Her Gibbs was dieing? No this couldn’t be right… this was all a joke from him it had to be. “What are you talking about Gibbs?” she asked with desperation.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She watched him sleep on her bed, it reminded her of those days in which he would stay over and talk about his dreams. She hadn’t stopped crying yet; still his words echoed through her head, her Gibbs had HIV. She just couldn’t get it through her head, how could this of happened? She wiped her tears as she sat there looking at her friend almost brother finally asleep. She looked at the clock and saw the time, she couldn’t sleep. Tomorrow she would board another plane and would be in another city, but what would she do about AJ and Gibbs? The truth was she needed both, Gibbs was her brother and AJ was her friend. God knew just how much she needed a friend right then, maybe he could help her find Gibbs help. She heard the light knock on her door for the second time, this night, not really wanting to answer again, she tried to ignore it. The knocking persisted and she then realized she should go see who it was.

He knew better than to be knocking at such hours but he needed her, he was in pain. He had just arrived here and needed a friend. He waited patiently hoping she would wake up, after realizing she was not coming to the door he hesitantly headed for the number on the key he held in his hand. He would just wait till the morning to see her.

The knocking had ceased when she made it to the door, so frustrated she was that she didn’t even looked through the peephole, she opened the door in time to see AJ walking away. “AJ?” she asked as she tried to see correctly she didn’t have her contacts on.

He smiled when he heard her voice, she had opened the door. He made a quick turn and headed back to the open door. Without asking so he walked into the room dropping his luggage and hugging his friend. “I did it I put the wedding off,” he said as he held on to her.

“That’s good AJ I am very proud of you now if I can breathe again it would be nice,” she said as she pulled away from him. It wasn’t that she didn’t like his hugs it was just, she felt weird; Gilbert was just in the other room. “I thought you were going to meet in Chicago tomorrow?”

“Change of plans, I just couldn’t stay home.” He then noticed her eyes were red, “hey what’s wrong my Mona Lisa?” he asked in concern as he touched her tear stained face.

She felt his hands on her face and couldn’t help but close her eyes; he just had that affect on her. Then just like that she began to sob she couldn’t help the sadness she felt. “I feel so helpless,” she managed to say.

He now knew something was wrong and hugged his friend again, “you know I am here for anything right?” he told her as he wiped away her tears. He couldn’t help but smell her soft cologne and just for an instant remember the kiss they had shared back at the coffee shop a while back.

She nodded as she hugged him back, “I – received the worst news ever AJ. Gilbert my best friend is in big trouble he has…”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Don’t worry he will get the help he needs there for his addiction,” he told her as all three waited in the airport.

“Thanks so much AJ, I mean you don’t even know me and you are helping me. What I still don’t get is how Lizzie never told me about you.” He said as he gave a questionable look at her.

“Well I was but I just didn’t know if you would believe me, I mean he’s a Backstreet boy,” she told him as she blushed. She couldn’t believe how great Gilbert liked AJ and to her surprise he had been a closet fan of the Backstreet boys. She felt jealous a little by all the questions that Gibbs asked AJ that she wished she knew.

“I hope this place can really help me with my addiction, I need to live healthier if I am going to survive this decease.” He suddenly felt his heart stop he knew no matter how much he tried to quit his addiction to heroine he still had a good reminder of his stupid choices…HIV.

“It will help you Gibbs I know, it helped me. Besides I spoke to them and they know your situation and they are positive you will be healthy in no time. They are actually ready to meet you,” he smiled the man. This Gilbert guy was actually quite a good guy; except for his little crush on Howie he was pretty nice. It was a little creepy though, knowing he was a fan, but if his Mona Lisa trusted him he could too. It also killed him to know what he had contracted by using needles that had already been used. He was so glad he hadn’t gotten to that extent and got help before if not who knew where he’d be.

“Hey I am the only one who can call him Gibbs,” she said quick trying to lighten the situation. She didn’t have the words to explain what she felt at that moment; she was sad cause of Gibbs but was excited because thanks to AJ he would get some help. She had been very busy, finding ways to help her friend she hadn’t even thought about Marco, till she saw the ring. She felt a tug in her heart and made a mental note to call him as soon as she arrived to Chicago.

He heard his call and knew he had to leave, afraid but confidant he could do this he hugged his friend and AJ his new friend. “I guess this it, I am heading to Arizona and I promise I will do all I can to leave this habit.” With that he walked away only hoping that this would help feel at least a little better. The truth was his hopes weren’t high, but he had to try right?
Chapter 17 by summer03
New York was a very interesting city and being a small town girl it intimidated her to be alone in this city. Soon she would be married and she deserved one more trip on her own right? She signaled for a cab to stop, sure enough one came to a halt right beside her. She opened the door the cab and when she entered she was faced with the most handsome cab driver ever. She was starting to like New York after all. “Hi, I actually wanted to go shopping but I really don’t know how to go about in this big city,” she said as she smiled to the young man. His green eyes just making her feel all mushy inside.

“No problem ma’am I know exactly where to take you,” he answered to the friendly lady. He had gotten back to New York and put himself back to work, he was saving for his girlfriend’s surprise party. He was going to through her big party, to show her how just how proud he was of her success.

“Please call me Jenny,” she told the cab driver as she batted her eyelashes. He was hot and had an accent, a Latin accent only made him more attractive. “So what’s your name?” she asked him as she got comfortable in the backseat.

He had to admit the girl was hot, but she nothing compared to his Lisa. Lisa was genuine and smart, this girl looked ditzy, not his style at all. “Marco,” he said in a serious tone seeing how flirty the girl was getting toward him. Maybe if he would have been single, he would have thought about hitting on her, but he wasn’t.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“NO! AJ don’t let go…”she screamed as she held on tight to his arms pulling herself closer to him. How could she of listened to him about going ice skating she had never in her life done this before and it was horrible…as she held tightly around him she could smell his cologne and it just felt right and without noticing put her arms around his neck allowing him to guide her around the ice.

He didn’t know what it was but, he felt good just having the time of his life with his Mona Lisa. He didn’t know how to explain the feeling he got as he had her so close to him, her face so close to his. “Ok, I won’t do it again till I know your ready,” he said as he put his arms around her waist.

She could hear his light breathing as he guided her through the ice ring, she started to feel relaxed as she got the hang of the ice-skates. She felt him release his grip on her waist and slowly removed her arms from around his neck, “No, I am not ready,” she said in panic.

“Yes, you are,” he said as he held on to her hands and slowly helped her accustomed to the new position. He smiled as he felt her confidence change as she felt more comfortable skating.

She still held tight to his hands as she followed his pace around the ring. She did feel a little more confident though and was starting to get the hang of it. She was getting a little cold though, than all of a sudden she felt his grip go away, “NOO AJ I don’t think I can do this….” She said in panic but then realized that she was skating all on her own. She smiled as she followed a much faster AJ, “wait for me you know I am just learning.”

He smiled as he saw how well she was doing on her own, he regretted it though. He felt cold again not having her right by him. “Your doing great, soon you will be a pro,” he said only to regret it. He watched as she hit the ice fast, he couldn’t make it to her in time.

She felt the cold ice hit her butt, she felt so embarrassed but soon it went away as she saw him by her side. She felt his stare as he kneeled down to see her. “I told you I wasn’t ready,” she said as she laughed trying not to be embarrassed.

He giggled and lifted her head so she would see his, “I think we had enough skating for one day,” he said and helped her up. “Now come on lets go I am hungry,” he held onto her and together the made it to the exit of the ice ring.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Many drinks later, he awoke in a bed that was not his. He turned around to find a blond woman by his side, naked? He didn’t remember much he just knew he had a horrible headache.

She stirred as she felt him get out of the bed; she smiled as she remembered the events from the night before. She cringed when she heard the nauseating noises coming from the restroom, “you got to love hangovers,” she said as she too got out of bed.

“What happened last night,” he asked as he came out of the restroom collecting his clothes from the ground. He felt like crap but he knew he needed to get out there fast, he knew exactly what had happened and he just didn’t want to believe it. How could he let this girl do this to him, when he was single he wouldn’t have mind but now he was not.

“You don’t remember the great things we did yesterday? You really must’ve drunk a lot, I remember perfectly...” she said she walked toward the young man and gave him a kiss.

He stopped and gave her a serious look. “I know what happened but what I don’t understand is why would you dare come on to me after how drunk I was, I told you I was not single, I have a girlfriend,” he said as he put his pants back on.

“Maybe your right Marco but you shouldn’t have accepted to go with me to the club then; it’s much my fault as yours.” She said with anger after his rejection.

“Just stay away from me ok,” he said as he walked out the hotel room and into his cab.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“So I wouldn’t of ever known how fun Chicago is if it wasn’t for you,” she told him as they made to the hotel. “I guess your days as a big pop star helped, you got to travel well,” she took another spoonful of her vanilla ice cream.

“Yeah, I guess that helped,” he said as he took a spoon full of her ice cream. “Why vanilla its so plain, on the other hand strawberry cheesecake is tastier...” he said as he grabbed a spoon full his ice cream. “Hey talking about that by the time your tour makes it to LA, it will be time for me and the guys to get together and work on our new material. I would like it if you could stay a little why with me in LA and maybe even if you would meet the guys. They are the best,” he said as he opened to the lobby of the hotel.

She had to smile as she heard him say that he wanted her to be with him in this very big moment for him. “Well, I can try I can always tell Marco to come down you don’t mind do you?” she asked as she finished her ice cream. She pushed the button the elevator and walked in as the doors opened followed by AJ.

He didn’t know what to say really the truth was he did mind. But it wasn’t because he was jealous it was because he wanted to spend time alone with her as friend’s right? Or could Sarah be right did Lisa find a bizarre way into his heart…no that couldn’t be right? “I don’t mind,” he said in a questionable tone. He was brought back from his thoughts by the abrupt stop of the elevator and the lights going off. “sh*t the elevators stopped,” he said as he realized what happened.

“NO, I hate being inside small spaces,” she said and reached out for AJ. Finding him she grabbed on to him for life.

“Don’t worry I will call the hotel,” he said as he took out his cell phone only to see it had no signal. “Crap no signal,” he said as he too then started to worry…

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was furious who did he think he was? No one ever made her this mad and her not get her revenge; she didn’t just get mad she got even. “I am going to get him, how can he leave like this!” she grabbed her clothes and walked into the restroom.

He closed the door to his cab and closed his eyes what had he done? How could he, he should’ve denied her invitation. He normally knew how to control himself yet he lost it last night. He felt horrible and pictures of Lisa popped in his, how could he do this? Lisa was an incredible woman and did not deserve this at all. Maybe he could just for forget about this and make sure to never see this woman again. What Lisa doesn’t know won’t hurt her right? No he just couldn’t keep this to himself but he also couldn’t loose Lisa. “I have to find a solution,” he said to himself as he started the cab.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“How much longer do you think we’ll be here?” she asked in a panic tone. It had only been fifteen minutes ago that the elevators had stopped yet it felt like forever to her. She just hung onto AJ for support she was starting to feel very dizzy. “I don’t feel so well, I am starting to get dizzy…” she said in an almost whisper.

He felt her loose her balance and held on to her, slowly bringing her to the floor with him. He let her rest her head on his shoulder as he looked as his phone again but still no luck, “don’t worry my Mona Lisa, I bet they are already fixing the elevators, just relax ok your not alone I am here.” He grabbed her hand in his and sighed, he never really had problems being stuck in an elevator but with someone like her it was different. He didn’t like the fact that she was suffering. He too was getting worried.

She felt the numbness on her feet start and knew that if she didn’t get out soon she would pass out. “I am sorry I know I may sound stupid, but I really can’t stand small spaces for to long, especially since its dark,” she said with trouble she was starting to loose her breath.

He began to worry as he felt that her hand was now very sweaty. “Just relax think of good things, like last night’s gallery and how everyone loved your work.” He tried hard to get her to concentrate on other things.

“Yeah, I remember. I have an idea,” she said shyly as she smiled at the tone of worry AJ had as he spoke. “I have heard your music, but yet I have never heard you sing,” she said as she leaned in more closer to him.

He laughed as he heard her talk, “ok, yeah this is not the best place to sing in,” he responded as he felt her get nearer. He could feel her panting breath on his neck. he could of swore he felt electricity through his body, but he just ignored and spoke again, “if it will make you feel better, I will gladly do it,” he said as he closed his eyes to think of a song.

“Yes it will and it doesn’t have to be one of yours… I just want to hear you sing,” she finished just as she felt the first palpitation in her chest. She tried hard to not worry AJ though, she did not want to scare him away, the truth was she was enjoying his company.

“Hmm ok well let me think,” he said as he thought of a song to sing. He giggled and spoke, “I haven’t sung this song in a while, lets see if I still can do it…” he cleared his throat and started to sing.

Something about the way you moved
That caught my eye
I really did have to try it, yes
I can't deny it
The way your body swayed
As I watched you from behind
That got me so excited
How could I fight it
Baby let me be the one to hold you
To give you the things I know you need
You know that we could wait another life time
And we can never find a love just like this

If you lay down, lay down beside me
You can get all inside me
And I can get all inside you too
If you lay down, lay down beside me
You can wake up beside me, forever
Forever and ever
Forever and ever, baby

Let's take this chance to get to know each other better
Baby we will discover that we can be more than lovers
I'll give you what you need
Just come to me and get it
Baby you won't regret it

He stopped singing when he felt her grip on his hand loosen. “Are you ok?” he asked as he grabbed her and tried to see her in the darkness. He felt her limp body just move and knew exactly what had happened. “No, come on my Mona Lisa wake up they are already opening the doors” he lied as he panicked. He laid her softly on the ground, stood up and began to bang on the walls. Someone had to find them, for his Mona Lisa sake.

She could barely hear his voice and the banging going around her. She was too weak and dizzy she hated this feeling so bad and her body was really numb. She couldn’t even speak to tell AJ how beautiful his song was.

Nothing, no one came and his damn cell did not work. He was getting frustrated with it all. A good thirty minutes had passed and here they were still in this elevator, which now seemed to suffocate him also. But he had to be strong for her, she just laid on the floor with heavy breathing and sweaty. He was about to scream again when the lights to the elevator came on and a few seconds later the door opened. There stood some hotel personnel, “oh, my god thank you,” he said as she went to her and slowly picked her up. With out listening to the staff he carried her to her room and just turned around to the staff that followed, “Look, just get a doctor ok?” with that he opened the door to her room and laid her on her bed. He then ran to the restroom and wet a cloth with cold water; he put it on her head. “There my Mona Lisa we’re out come on, take deep breaths everything’s fine.

She started to feel much better and she knew she wasn’t in the elevator anymore. She started to calm down as she felt him by his side talking to her softly, he really did sound worried. Finally managing to speak, “thank you,” she said in a soft panting voice. She weakly grabbed his hand and brought it to her face, not knowing why she kissed it.

He felt her lips on his hand, felt his stomach churn he didn’t know what to say. “Anytime, you know I am here for you,” he said to her softly as he bent down to kiss her cheek, little did he know just at that time, she turned her face. He realized then that he instead had kissed her lips.

She was feeling better and then she felt it his kiss on her lips and suddenly she felt even better. She didn’t know why but, it was the cure she needed.
Chapter 18 by summer03
He watched her with his side view, something about her had changed. He was starting to feel something for her that he hadn’t before. The truth is he knew he had always thought she was different and she was very interesting.

He knew the real her, her makeover made her look hot, but he wouldn’t care to see her like before. She was just something else; he knew it since the first time he spoke to her. He was really confused though, he was starting to see her as more than just his friend. But, he also knew that he couldn’t do that to her, she deserved better. He didn’t know since when he had these feelings for her, were they new? Or had they been there from before? “What are you thinking about?” he asked her as he saw her just lost in her thought.

“That, I am on a plane on the way to another city and I haven’t talked to Marco once. This is really weird; usually he calls me every day. Maybe I should call him, he’s probably sick…” she said sympathetically. The truth was she was curious on why she hadn’t received a call from Marco, but was also not complaining. She also kept thinking about the kiss, AJ had kissed her again. It was an unexpected kiss and she couldn’t deny that she had her feelings for him come back. She never really forgot him, she was more in denial. She was confused that was for sure, she really liked Marco, but AJ was different she felt like she needed him. Every time she had him near her she felt safe, AJ was her guardian angel. Especially now after the incident in the elevator, it was a very scary moment for her, yet it was one of her greatest times. She was able to be with him alone, to hear him worry for her made this, what she felt for him stronger… she had to admit she was very attracted to him.

He felt his heart ache as he heard her bring her boyfriend into to subject. Sure he had no right to feel like this but he was and he hated it. Not to long ago he was head over heels for Hailey, now here he was with Lisa and he was falling for her? He was just confused right? “Well here give him a call,” he said as he handed her the phone. He had to be a good friend and a good friend doesn’t not put his feelings in first place right? The truth was he didn’t care much if Marco was not calling her, but if it bothered her he knew he should try to make her feel better. She loved that guy and he loved her back…she deserved to be happy and if being happy meant being with that guy than he had to accept it. Besides he wasn’t so sure of his feelings for her or was he?

She looked up at him and smiled, “thanks I should give him a call,” she told him as she started to dial a very familiar number. She waited patiently for his answer and was surprised to hear the female voice answer the phone. “Oh, I am sorry I think I must’ve dialed the wrong number,” she said as she checked the number she had dialed only realizing it was correct.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was walking into the station where they told her she would find him. She was going to get back at him in the worst way possible; no one made her feel like he did. That’s when she felt it the vibrating of the phone; he had left at the hotel that day. Her smile widened when she heard the female voice on the other side. “Hold on don’t hang up, are you looking for Marco?”

“Yes I am, is this his sister?” she asked as she heard the female’s voice in the other side. Even thought it was obvious the woman on the side had no Spanish accent.

“No, actually he spent the night with last night and left his cell phone in the hotel. You know he had to hurry and get back to work, I am Jenny by the way who am I speaking with,” she asked as she heard the long pause. Just as she walked into the building spotting the tall young man talking to someone else, she walked toward him and smiled widely as she saw him spot her.

“This is Lisa I must go now, just could you tell him I called,” she stuttered as she felt her eyes fill with tears. Her heart was pounding so hard and she felt pain. She wanted to cry but, she tried hard to stay calm as she heard the woman on the other side. Jenny, why did the entire Jenny’s in the world have to make her life impossible?

“Oh, well hang on he’s right here actually,” she said to the girl as she finally reached him. “Hey Marky its some girl named Lisa, she called asking for you,” she said in mockery as she handed the phone to him.

He felt his heart stop as he heard who was on the phone, how could he forget his phone. He knew there was no way around it so he took the phone and walked away from her, “baby, how are you?” he said knowing nothing was going to make this situation any better. He could hear her sobs and felt his heart break, how could he do this to her. “I am sorry baby; I need to explain to you how it happened. I love you and I never wanted to something like this to you,” he stopped talking when he heard the dial tone in the other end. He shut his cell phone and with anger walked to the culprit of his pain. “How could you answer my phone, why?” he screamed he didn’t care what anyone else thought he was angry.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She handed him his phone quick and ran to the restroom. Her tears ran down her face like waterfalls, her heart ached so bad. She didn’t want to think it was true, but hearing him break down and tell her that he didn’t mean to. She knew then it was exactly what had come to her head when she heard the woman’s voice. She just cried and she didn’t care if her eyeliner smeared or not. She felt anger and sadness as she broke down in tears; she suddenly realized that she was just meant to never be happy. She had been in her own thoughts that hadn’t notice the knocking on the door and the voice outside calling her name. “Just leave me alone AJ, please…” she said in sobs.

“Fine, I will leave if you can assure me that you will be ok,” he spoke as he heard her crying. He knew something was very wrong and he wanted to be there for her. He slowly stepped away from the restroom and was about to leave when he heard the door open.

“No wait,” she said as she wiped her face. “I need you, I need a friend…” she said as she hugged him.

He smiled a little as he heard her say that she needed him. He turned around and walked up to her and with hesitation gave her a hug, only then did she begin to cry again. “Its ok just cry…you know I am here for you if you want to talk.”
Chapter 19 by summer03
“Dallas what a city to be stuck in when you feel like crap” she said to no one in specific. She was a mess and had requested to be left alone, even AJ was not welcome. He had been a great friend but right at this moment she wanted to be alone. Just her and the bottle of vodka, she had learned from Gilbert that sometimes to forget you just needed a little liquor. She swallowed the liquid and just listened to her ipod tears just falling down her face. How could Marco hurt her like that? She was glad she had found out now than later though, because the truth was she was really starting to feel very deep feelings toward that man. She played with the promise ring he had given her, such a beautiful ring but with such shallow meanings from him. “'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all,” she sang as she poured more vodka into her glass. She heard the knock finally since the song had just finished in her ipod. She tried to stand and then realized she was a tad bit tipsy, she couldn’t help but laugh. Finally after several attempts she was able to make to the door. “I said I wanted to be alone, I will be ok for tomorrow’s event,” she became quiet when she saw him standing there with a worried look.

“Yeah, I know what you said but I just don’t think it’s healthy,” he said as he went into her room not caring what she said. “I see that you’ve been drinking,” he said as he looked at the empty bottle of hypnotic and the almost empty bottle of vodka. “Why?” he asked as he threw both into the waste basket.

“Because I want to forget,” she said in a slur, “I want to forget about love and how painful it is,” she said as she began to sob.

“oh, come on my Mona Lisa I told you already he is not worth all this your doing,” he went to hug her only to have her push him away.

“NO! You’re a liar, you lied to me,” she said in anger. “you told me that I was not meant for you cause I was going to find someone better and look what I got!” she threw her hands up in the air letting the ring fall to the floor. “you didn’t want me because I am ugly and you put my hopes up about finding Mr. right and yeah he sure was Mr. right up the –“ she stopped herself from saying something she would regret and sighed instead. She turned away and walked to her bed plopping to it, “I deserve this AJ, I am not worthy of ever finding love.”

“I did not lie to you my Mona Lisa, you will find Mr. Right. I do have to apologize though for making you think I did not like you, the truth is I am super attracted to you. You are super talented and I feel so comfortable around you, at that moment when you know, I really did not know what I was thinking, I thought I loved Sarah,” he told her and smiled as he realized she had fallen asleep. He leaned in and whispered into her ear, “the truth my Mona Lisa is I think I am in love with you and it makes me so happy to know that you and Marco are no more.” He knew she was not listening and that made it ok to confess his new found emotions. He was too much of a wimp to tell her that, well just yet anyway. Besides she was super wasted and most likely not remember this conversation tomorrow.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She awoke to the horrible pain inside her head. She suddenly panicked as she felt an arm around her but then she recognized the soft breathing and light snore, it was AJ. She didn’t remember much except the drinking, because now she had the side affects. She ran to the bathroom and without too much effort began to empty her stomach contents. She was there just spilling out whatever she had for lunch the day before, she was panting for air when she felt someone rubbing her back for comfort.

“That’s it just let it out,” he told her as she continued to hurl. It reminded him so much of his days when all he did was get wasted. “Here let me put hair in a bun so it won’t bother you,” he grabbed her hair and loosely tied it. After a few more hurls he heard her flush and stand up he helped her to the sink, “get cleaned up I will go get you the best hangover remedy available.”

She couldn’t help but smile; lately he had come to be very attentive of her. It was like he was her boyfriend more than Marco himself. Well either way Marco was no more, she splashed the cold water on her face when she heard the knocking at her door. “That was quick,” she said as she walked to the door. Only then did she see who was at the door, “what are you doing here?” she asked as she saw his green eyes.

“We need to talk baby, you can’t judge without hearing the whole story.” He said as he walked in without her permission. “I didn’t do it on purpose she came on to me; I was only her cab driver. She asked me to show her around New York and I did. She told me that it was her first time in New York and that she wanted to see everything that made that city special. I just showed her around and that’s when she offered me some drinks, I may have had a few and got a little drunk. Ok well a lot drunk and I don’t remember the rest all I remember is waking up beside her. I know I am so stupid for even accepting a drink from her, I am so sorry baby please you have to forgive me I can’t live without you.” He said as he cried and went to hug her.

She pushed him away and spoke, “I don’t care if she was not familiar with New York or not. I thought we were made for each other I trusted you, only then did you break my heart. I can’t forgive you Marco, because I won’t be happy. Because every time I kiss you I will think of you with her, every time you hug me I will think of you with her, and every time you tell me that you love me I will think of you also telling her. I can’t do that to you nor me, so it’s better if we just don’t ever see each other again.”

“No Lisa you can’t do this to me, I love you. I am deeply madly in love with you, I know I screwed up but I love you,” he said as he begged for forgiveness.

She was about to answer when AJ came in with a can of red bull in hand. She looked at him with pleading eyes, “help,” she mouth to him.

He cleared his throat as he saw who was in the room. “I think she already said its final dude, just go.” He said as he approached him and Mona.

He turned to the voice that spoke and recognized the man, “You don’t have any say in this, it’s between Lisa and me,” he told him as he got defensive.

“No, I do have a say in this if she wants me to,” he told the man that now looked like he was ready to fight whoever. “Look you screwed up ok, she needs space if she really loves you she will forgive you just give her the opportunity to clear her head.”

“I need her and you’re not anyone to tell me what to do,” he said back to him. Who the hell did he think he was this conversation was between him and Lisa.

“But, I don’t want to be with you anymore,” she said as she saw the anger in Marco’s eyes. “I want you to leave me alone, go back to Jenny,” she said with disdain.

“You heard it from her own mouth, now just leave,” he said as he opened the door for him. “She will call you if she’s interested,” he said in anger now. How stupid could he be, he got what he deserved.

She watched him leave without another world just hurt in his eyes. She for a second felt bad for him but he deserved it, she got really hurt by him. “Thank you” she told him as she took a seat on a chair.
Chapter 20 by summer03
“Wow…” she said in awe of the huge house. She just stared at the beautiful décor he had, she didn’t know if she liked this house better than the one in Florida they both were gorgeous. She smiled when she heard the ocean, again he had the ocean as his backyard, “you’re one lucky son of gun AJ, and how much are these houses worth?” she asked as she followed him to the back of the house.

He smiled at her as she followed, “this will be your room,” he said as he opened the door.
“I actually got a good deal on this house, cause of Howie…” he said as he led her into the large guest room.

She was in awe of the room, it was huge and it had a glass door that led to the beautiful beach. “I love it,” she said as she dropped her luggage to the floor. “I definitely would like to go swimming,” she said as she looked out into the ocean.

“Yeah doesn’t the view just make you want to go swim,” he said as he stood beside her. “Hey listen you’re welcome to stay here as long as you want, since I know you want to avoid you know who,” he said as he turned to face her.

“Thanks for being a great friend AJ, I am so lucky to have you as a friend.” She told him as she gave him a hug, a hug she needed. His arms around her made her feel safe yet weak, she wanted to kiss him but she knew better.

“It’s Alex,” he spoke softly into her ear. “My real friends call me Alex,” he repeated.
“Are you hungry?” he finally asked as he broke the hug. He couldn’t handle it anymore to have her so close to him and not touch her in any other way.

“A little,” she said as she cleared her head from the thoughts she had. “I want to cook something, may I borough your kitchen…Alex?” she said as she felt her face turn red, this was the first time she ever had used Alex.

“Of course if you can cook like your mother, heck yeah.” He said as he led her to his huge kitchen. “Wait first we might need to go shopping for groceries,” he said as he stopped.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Ok so you know how to draw and cook,” he said as he finished his last piece of chicken. “You know I could use a roommate that can cook like this,” he said.

She laughed as she watched him clean his plate, “I am glad you liked it,” she picked up both of the plates and took them to the sink. She began to wash them and saw how he stared at her, “what?” she asked.

“Nothing, just admiring the fact that my kitchen is actually being used…” he lied as he rubbed the back of his neck. He was actually imagining her as his wife cleaning after dinner; the kids in there play room somewhere. He had never seen Sarah or any of his other girls like he was seeing her at that exact moment. She was real and it was starting to get really hard for him to just see her as his friend. How could he be so naïve to think he could not fall in love with someone who did not look hot? Now he knew that it didn’t matter how she looked it was the way she was inside, now don’t think he didn’t think she was hot now. She was gorgeous, “I say we should take a walk to the beach, what do you think?” he said.

“Oh, yeah that’s sounds cool besides I need to try and get my inspiration going again. I need to start painting some new paintings especially with my new aspiration.” She said as she wiped her hands dry, she knew there was more to AJ’s stare but she shrugged it off.

“Ok good then lets go…wait should we change into more suitable beach clothes?” he asked as he looked at what he was wearing.

“Yeah maybe your right she said as she looked at herself.” She didn’t wait for more and walked into her room.

He watched her disappear into the guest room and he finally sighed. How did it happen he asked himself as he walked to his room, when had she crept into his heart? All he knew is that he couldn’t control his feelings for much longer. He did deserve her and she deserved to be happy. He could definitely make her happy and she could be his everything. She was perfect to him, yeah she may be a little shy and clumsy but she was incredible. Suddenly his taste in women had changed, could he handle her presence without confessing his feelings? He was afraid after what happened with Hailey, but Hailey was married. He stopped torturing himself and grabbed something to wear.


/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“I love your dogs, makes me miss my hairy…” she said as she bent down to pet the dogs.

He saw how good she played with his dogs and smiled as he saw the tattoo on her back. It looked good, he then realized he was staring too hard but he couldn’t help but see, her shirt went up when she bent down. “I see that they like you,” he said as he stood beside her and his two dogs.

“Yeah well I am an animal lover,” she said as she put her hair into a bun. The breeze was pretty and was just making her hair fly around her face. “So are we going to walk or what?”

“Yeah let’s get going,” he said as he threw the ball and watched his dogs run after it. He smiled as he felt her arm brush against him. He swore he felt shivers run down his spine.

She felt a little awkward to the silence that lingered between them. But she could see him stare at her often. “So I am nervous in meeting the rest of your friends,” she said to break the silence.

“You shouldn’t be they are pretty cool guys nothing out of the ordinary. Well except the fact that they sing with me,” he said as he realized that they had been in silence. “I think they will actually ask me why I am only your friend.” Before he could stop himself he had said it.

She stopped walking when she heard him, “what do you mean with that?” she asked.

He stopped and turned to look at her, “Well, what I mean is that look at you. You’re like super hot now and you’re an artist so they will wonder why I am only your friend. They would expect more from me, see I have sort of acquired a certain reputation from my formative years…but trust me they have changed, but the guys still think of me that way I suppose more as a joke.” He said half stuttering.

She had to giggle at the way he put it and the fact that he had turned shades of red made it funnier. “I’m sorry it’s just you sounded pretty funny there...” she continued to laugh.

He felt so stupid for a moment and too started to giggle. He then felt the nudge from his dog and bent down to get the ball from his mouth, successfully did and threw it back out into the air, that’s when he felt the push that made him land on his butt. He could see her running laughing at him, “Oh no you didn’t your so dead!” he said as he stood back up and ran after her.

She ran as fast as she could and could feel him catching up, “No,” she managed to say before she fell into the sand with him on top of her. Suddenly her laughter stopped and everything went silent again. She just stared at him still on top of her pinning her between him and the sand. She started to feel weird as she felt his stare, his eyes penetrating her that’s what she felt. Finally she looked at him and that’s all she needed to see exactly what was going to happen. His eyes said everything as he inched his face to hers and she too wanted this. She felt a sudden loss of breath as his lips brushed hers at first and then there it was it started as a sweet soft kiss…but then it turned into a battle of tongues.

He just couldn’t resist kissing her she was there her body so close to his, her lips naturally pink just calling to his. He didn’t care anymore he wanted to be with her that was the truth he was no longer confused. He just kissed and smiled as he saw that she had allowed it to continue. She kissed him back and it felt great, her kisses were what he wanted. He finally broke the kiss and looked at her straight in the eyes, “I am sorry for not realizing sooner that you’re the one for me,” he said he kissed her again.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This time she woke with an arm around her but it was different; she smiled as she remembered the events of last night. She didn’t know how to feel, except than to be happy and enjoy the fact that Alex had told her that she was the one for him. She felt his body so close to hers and only made her want to be there forever. She traced his tattooed arm as she took all this in.

He had felt her light touch on his arm and smiled. It finally had happened something he should have done a while back, she was it. “I see you’re awake,” he said in a groggy voice.

“Yeah, I just woke up actually,” she said as she turned to face him. He looked cuter now knowing that it was ok to feel the way she felt for him. That it was ok to think of him as more than just a good friend. She kissed his lips softly and traced his face with her finger, just trying to never forget this moment even if there were to be more of these moments. She wanted to always remember her first one, “I never stopped loving you even after that night at my house,” she told him in an almost whisper.

He smiled at her confession, “I am glad you didn’t,” he said as he pinned her down on the bed. “You know I like waking up like this,” he kissed her lips and then slowly kissed every inch of her face.

“Yeah me too,” she told him as she brought his mouth back to hers. “To bad you have a meeting to attend too,” she told him after that and pushed him off her.

“Crap, that’s right, but your coming with me remember?” he said smiling to her.
Chapter 21 by summer03
They drove silently his hand intertwined with hers; she just smiled as she realized that this time she wasn’t just his friend. She had this overwhelming feeling inside her and she couldn’t help but smile. “I’m so nervous,” she finally spoke as she turned to face him.

He gently kissed her hand as he held it in his, “don’t be they are going to like you,” he smiled as he came to a red light. He still couldn’t believe it; she had accepted him even after knowing about Hailey and Sarah. But the truth was he was being honest when he said he was in love with her. She had won his heart in a very sneaky and honest way, by being herself all along. He was anxious to present her to his friends; they were in for a shock they knew he was going to bring along a friend not his girlfriend. He finally got to the big building in downtown LA, “we’re here,” he said as he looked for a parking space.

She felt her heart speed up as he put his car in park, she felt like she had lost her breath when the engine died and he took the keys off the ignition. “I can’t,” she said as she closed her eyes.

He smiled and exited the car, after a few steps he was on the passenger side, “come on my Mona Lisa your not alone here, I will be with all the way.” He smiled at her hesitation but she finally got out of his car, “maybe this will help,” he said he kissed her softly on the lips.

“Just a little,” she said as held on to his arm. She really was nervous because she didn’t know how they would react to her. The truth was he had just broken off the wedding with Sarah; she had become really good friends with them. She feared that maybe they would blame her for his decision, even though she knew it wasn’t. To be honest she was still hoping to wake up from this dream, it was too good to be true for her. Then there were the feelings he claimed he had for that Doctor. But she also felt last night while, his words and touches so real. She knew they had to be true; he loved her it just took him longer to find out. She cleared her thoughts as she entered the cool hallway of the huge building.

“Come on they are just waiting on us,” he said as he but his hand on her back. He didn’t know how they would react to the fact that only a couple of months ago he was getting ready to marry Sarah, which she now was really good friends with guys. Sarah was especially good friend with Brian and Leighanne. He feared Brian’s opinion more then the rest of the guys, but he knew that Howie would understand him. Finally reaching the double glass doors he stopped, “Wait here just let me go in there and give them a heads up ok? I will be right back,” he kissed her cheek and walked in.

She nodded and watched him go throw the glass doors, she watched him greet everyone in the room with a hug. She smiled as she saw just how much the guys meant to him, he had told her so many times that they meant a lot to him, they had saved his life. Now there she was witnessing exactly how much. “I just hope they like me,” she whispered to no one in particular.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Man look who finally decides to get here,” said Nick as he looked at his watch.

“It’s nice to see you to Nicky boy,” he said as he smiled at the young blond man. He then walked up to Kevin and gave him a warm hug; he did the same to the rest. “You guys I know when we spoke last time I told you, I would bring my friend so you guys could meet her, well there has been a slight change of plans,” he paused and grinned from ear to ear.

“Ok that look scares me,” said Brian as he raised his brow. “Wait then who’s that outside in the hallway?” he asked he stared at the young woman who looked lost.

“Yeah who’s that she’s hot,” said Nick as he stretched his neck to try to get a better view of the young woman.

He cleared his throat and spoke, “yeah she’s hot and my girlfriend,” he said looking at Nick.

“What?” said a surprised Howie he had stayed quiet till now but this was just to shocking for him.

“Yeah what, is a good word,” said Kevin as he looked out to the young woman.

“Alexxxx, you have some explaining to do,” said Brian doing his best Ricky Ricardo impression.

“Well that is Lisa, the girl I so much talked to you guys about.” He said as he turned to look out, he smiled as he saw her. Yeah, he needed to this because she was it, there would be no more girls in his life, just his Mona Lisa.

“I thought you said she was not hot?” said Nick in confusion.

“Do you ever listen to the whole story Nick?” asked Brian as he smacked his young friend in the back of his head. “She got a makeover remember?”

“Will you two just…shut up so he can finish his explanation,” said a subtle Kevin.

“Thank you Kev,” he smiled to him and continued, “I don’t know what happened really but, I have realized that I have been drowning in a glass of water for too long. I loved Sarah, I did but there was something missing I always felt it, something just didn’t click all the way. But, with my Mona Lisa…I found everything I was looking for. I just want you all to give her a chance; she is what I have been looking for all these years.” He sighed and spoke again, “she is my Leighanne or my Kristin,” he said as he looked at both Kevin and Brian. “I was so close to losing her too, but god smacked me right in the face in time to realize why I kept thinking of her after I left my mom’s house. I just want you to look at her as a friend and not like someone that is just replacing an ex-girlfriend in my heart. She is the sole owner of this heart,” he said as he touched his chest to emphasize his statement.

When he heard the comparison to his wife he understood, he knew how he felt. Kristin meant so much to him, “Well, what are you waiting for lets meet this girl,” he said as he patted his friends back.

“Yeah bring her in,” said Brian still trying to comprehend what he had just heard. If it was true that this girl was like what he thought of Leighanne, than he had no choice but respect his friend’s choice. He loved Sarah very much, but he would always support his friend and that meant accepting that he had found true love in someone else.

He smiled as he saw that Nick and Howie nodded in agreement to the other two had said. “Ok, but she is a little shy so, don’t scare her off,” he said pointing to Brian and Nick.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It felt like forever to her, so she had started to look at the picture frames on the wall. So many pictures of artist’s, she smiled as she looked at a picture of Prince. She just kept looking at the so many pictures when she came upon one that made her stomach sink; there it was a picture of all five smiling. Then there in at the end right was him, smiling with his sunglasses pushed down to show off his gorgeous eyes, she subconsciously traced his body. There they were so proud, how could she never have listened to them? How could Gibbs know about them and not tell her about them? She didn’t realize that he behind her watching her admire the picture frame of them.

“Why touch his body on the frame? When he’s right here?” he asked as he touched her back.

“How long have you been here watching me?” she asked him as she smiled at his comment.

“Not to long don’t worry, I didn’t hear you flirt with my picture; though it would have been nice…” he said giggling. “Now come on they want to meet you,” he said she took her hand and led her back to the glass doors.

“Hi I’m Kevin Richardson,” he said as he hugged the young woman. “This right here is my cousin Brian, Nick, and Howie, “he finished; he just took the liberty to introduce them all.

“That’s my cousin Kevin for you, always the one to do the talking first,” said Brian as he also greeted her, she was pretty.

“Well my Mona Lisa these are my friends, they are not all that like you thought they would be. There more like my brothers, guys this is my Mona Lisa,” said an excited AJ as he held tighter to her hand, to reassure her that everything would be ok.

“Nice to meet you all, it’s an honor to meet you…” she said in an almost whisper if it weren’t for AJ’s grip on her hand she would of ran. She could feel her cheeks turn red as she felt all of them staring at her.
Chapter 22 by summer03
She smiled as she continued to cook, she just loved his kitchen. She was a little nervous she had to make sure everything came out perfect. She wanted all of them to like her cooking, she looked at the watch. Soon her Alex would arrive with the rest of the guys; they were celebrating the soon to be released new album. Three months had gone by since she met them and she still felt the need to show that she was good enough for Alex. They actually were really good guys, they really were like a family. She had just come back from New York, where she finally sold her home and finish a few more events from her contract with Tommy. Now, her plans were to head back to Palm Beach and find the perfect place to turn into an art shop, but her plans were changed when Alex asked her to move in with him. She actually got caught off guard they had only been dating for a few months, were they both ready for such a big step? Was Alex moving to fast? Was she moving to fast? No, this was real honest to good love; the ones you would think only existed in fairytales. She loved that man, he had made her into what she was now. She was honest enough to accept that she was where she was in life because of her Alex. She was brought back to reality with the sound of the oven bell, “Yes the cake is ready,” she said to the two dogs that followed her every move.

She knew she need to hurry up, the guys would be here any second. Just a few more details and her dinner would be ready. She then heard the doorbell and jumped in surprise, “there here,” she quickly removed the apron that protected her clothes. She ran to answer the door and nearly fainted at the sight in front of her. There stood Sarah Martin, the girl that had been so nice to her back in Florida when she claimed her Alex as hers.

“I’m sorry is Alex here? Don’t tell me he sold this house already.” She said to the young woman that stood in front of her. She actually was starting to get scared by the sudden loss of color in the girls face. “Look I am sorry, I just didn’t think he’d get rid of this house, it was his pride and joy…” she turned to walk away when she saw the black Mercedes drive up the driveway. That was his car, which meant he still lived there and then it sunk in, that girl must be his new girlfriend.

He froze in the driver’s seat as he saw who was just outside his door. He knew there was no way around it and slowly opened his door, “Sarah…” he said as he walked toward her.

“Alex,” she said in a sad tone. “I was going through my stuff and found a few things that belong to you, so I just came by to drop them off…” she said as she looked down to the floor not wanting to see him in the eyes.

“You didn’t have to bother with that,” he told her as he looked at her and then at his Mona Lisa who was still standing at the door. “I’m sorry do you remember Lisa my mother’s neighbor?” he said as he pointed to Lisa.

She finally looked up and stared back to the open door where the young woman stood. “That’s the girl I met at your mothers? Wow she looks different I didn’t recognize her,” she said as she turned to face him.

“So, how are you?” he asked as he swallowed hard. He didn’t know why but he felt bad, after the last time they had spoken. It hadn’t gone to well; besides how was he going to tell her that she was right. He had fallen in love with her?

“Well, I could be better, but I will survive how’s the new album coming?” she asked when she really wanted to ask why Lisa was there.

“It comes out in a few weeks actually, didn’t Brian tell you? He told me he saw you a few weeks ago,” he answered trying to find the words he needed to tell Sarah that she was right he had fallen for Lisa.

“Yeah, he did but he didn’t tell it was so soon. Well do you want your stuff, I mean I already brought it all the way over here…” she said slowly and then looked back to where Lisa stood.

“Uhm, yeah sure I’ll take it,” he said as he looked towards her car. He saw her motion for him to follow her and he did. “Listen Sarah, I really am sorry we didn’t…”he was caught off by her look.

She looked at him with the just shut up look, “you don’t have to apologize, you don’t feel anything for me anymore. I actually am glad you were honest enough to tell me and not got through with the wedding. You know how unhappy we both would be?” she took a deep sigh as she opened the trunk to her car. She pointed to the box sitting in there, “that’s it all your stuff,” she told him “oh and you might want this back,” she said as she took the engagement ring off her finger.

He stopped her from removing it completely and spoke, “No you keep it, it’s rightfully yours. I did feel love for you when I gave it to you it was an honest ring of engagement. You can do whatever you want with it, I also have to be honest with you. Besides I want you to hear it from me and no one else, Lisa and I are now together. I didn’t know when I finally realized that she was who I really wanted, but I think it has to do with that night in the house when you asked me if she had anything to do with my doubts. I think Hailey knew and it made me think I liked her, but who I really wanted was Lisa. I really am sorry for hurting you, but I wish you the best and I hope that someday we can be friends.” He finished and swallowed hard as he saw her eyes get teary.

She sighed heavily as she heard him; the truth was she had known all along that, that girl had done something to her Alex. She had changed him and it was a good change but, also a bad one because she lost him because of her. “I wish I could say that I understand which I do but I still can’t accept it cause I still…” she paused and wiped her tears. “I don’t know what to say but that I do hope you find happiness and maybe someday we can see each other as friends.” She finished, closed the trunk, made it to her car door and drove off without another word.

He looked as the car disappeared and slowly walked up the driveway with his box. He saw that Lisa was no longer standing at the door, “Hey babe, where are you?” he asked as he walked in putting the box down.

“In here,” she told him as she finished putting the frosting on her cake. She smiled as she saw him look at her. “So, when will they get here?” she asked trying not to sound hurt or mad about the situation that had just happened outside.

“They should be here any minute,” he told her as he walked up to her and gave her peck on the cheek. “You know I love you right?” he asked her as he tasted the frosting on the spatula.

“Yeah, I think you say it enough for me to know,” she smiled at him and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. She smiled as he intensified it but she pushed him off, “No we can’t we have company coming soon.”

“Ok, you win but you owe me…” he said as he was bombarded by his two dogs wanting his attention. “Oh, sorry daddy is here,” he said as he played with his dogs.

She laughed as she saw him struggle with his dogs. That’s when the doorbell rang again, “that must be them,” she told him as she walked to the door.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Thanks for not telling Sarah about Lisa and I,” he told the man that sat by him.

“Hey that wasn’t my duty; I knew that you would tell her when you felt it was right.” He said he looked the paintings on his studio wall. “These are amazing they make you want to just stare at them,” he said he touched the canvas.

“I know that’s why I have them, my Mona Lisa is great isn’t she?” he said as he stood beside him, “Brian do you think I am going to fast?” he asked as he showed him the black velvet box and the ring that was inside.

He eyes widened as he saw the gorgeous princess cut diamond ring inside, “its gorgeous Alex,” he said as he looked at it again. “Now, I could say you are but then, if you feel like I did when I first laid eyes on Leighanne I totally understand. But you have to really think about her, do you think she feels the same for you, or will this scare her?” he said as he put the ring back in the velvet box.

“I just feel like we are ready, she’s it for me. I don’t want to mess up with her, I know I can make her really happy Brian,” he said as he put the little velvet box back into the cabinet he had it in, locking the cabinet after he did.

“Well, then I only wish you the best,” he smiled to his friend as he gave him a sincere hug. “Hold since you two have been dating, does your mom know?” he asked in curiosity.

“Well not exactly, I made Lisa not tell her parents till we both go down there and tell them. But my plan is to then pop the question in front of them all. What do you think?” he asked his friend.

“I would wait a little, let your mom and her parents absorb it in. I don’t think she will go anywhere Alex, if she loves you like you love her.” He hushed down his voice when he heard the other guys calling for them.

“Ok, no more talking about this lets go see what the other guys want,” said Alex as he opened the door to his studio.
End Notes:
ok two more chapters let me know what you think.
Chapter 23 by summer03
She looked at the shop all done with the wooden floors and all, she was in heaven or so she felt, “all I need is Alex and I can be completely happy,” she said to no one.

“Well I see you finally decided to go through with it,” he said in a happy voice. He had just arrived back from Arizona and heard about it. He had to come down right away and see it.

“Gibbs,” she said as she went to hug her friend. He looked descent but you could see sadness in his eyes. “I’ve missed you so much, but wow you look great.”

He put a weak smile on his face as he heard her comment, “Thanks but we both know that I will actually start getting uglier as my illness advances.”

“No, Gibbs we won’t let it,” she told him as she kissed cheek. “We live in the U.S.A where many people live with it and live a normal life,” she told him as she hugged him harder.

He sighed and spoke, “I’m just scared,” he finally said it he was afraid of dieing. “Ok enough of this and what is this I heard about you and AJ?” he said as he cleared his throat and wiped the tears forming in his eyes.

“Well it’s a pretty long story that I think I am ready to share with my best friend,” she smiled.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He checked his watch again he was getting impatient, “why is our flight getting delayed again?”

“Relax Alex you’ll make it back to Palm Beach to be there,” said a calm Brian.

“Yeah we’ll make it, remember we are cutting that bow they hold when inaugurating some store,” said Nick as he went through his comic book.

“Wasn’t this exciting guys? I mean our fans responded to this CD like all other’s it was like we had never taken a break, “ said Howie as he still looked at some pictures he had taken. “I think it was a great idea to start this tour in Mexico,” he smiled as he looked up and saw AJ’s annoyed look. “What?”

“Fella’s I think that was our cue,” said Kevin as they finally were called to head to the boarding section. “I feel good too, I think this is one of our best CD’s,” he finally said in remarks to Howie's comment.

They were again greeted with screaming fans asking for them to stay longer in Mexico, “Ladies, we will be back I promise in behalf of all the fella’s” said Nick as he winked to the girls. He stopped his speech when he saw the look AJ gave him. “Talk about PMS your worse than my sisters and I have quite a few of those,” he said in a whisper to AJ.

He rolled his eyes and ignored the young mans comment as he felt Brian’s gentle squeeze on his shoulder, “I’m just nervous I guess,” he told him.

“I know just how you feel, but don’t take it out on us, now…” he said as he smiled to his friend. “This is the first time I actually see you this nervous, I mean with Sarah you were calmer,” he told him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She lay on her bed and closed her eyes; it had been so long since she had been in her room. It was intact just like she had left it, that fateful day. She felt Hairy’s presence on the floor his tail just wagging away. “Hey baby mommy missed you so much, but this time mommy is taking you with her. Come here, come on mommy is ok with you jumping on her bed,” she told him as he stopped himself from jumping onto the bed. He knew better than to jump onto beds, she grabbed him and helped him up. “There you go mommy isn’t mad,” she told him as she petted him. She had asked her mother if she could stay here until everything was ready in her new apartment, she felt so comfortable. She had missed this part of her old life; if her room could talk it would tell the sad story. The horrible sad story about her and the many times she got humiliated in school. She would run to her room and just cry till she had no more tears. This room knew so much about her, “home, sweet home,” she said to Hairy that now lay on her bed just staring at her.

“So it’s true your home,” she told the young woman as she peaked through the open door. She was so excited to see her, “Can I come in?”

“Denise, of course come in,” she told her as she went to hug her.

“I didn’t think you would come down here, I thought you were going to stay in Palm Beach. So are you ready for tomorrow?” she asked her.

“Yes, even though my partner won’t be there for the inauguration,” she said in a sad tone. It had been exactly two months ago that he had surprised her, first with the building he personally thought would help her business flourish and then with the beautiful dinner he had at his mother’s to announce that they were officially a couple. She felt her eyes water as she remembered how he asked her father for permission to date her, she definitely did not feel worthy of everything that was happening to her.

“Oh, sweetie he will be there in spirit, besides I will be there; you know he got his good looks from me,” she laughed. She hugged her again and just couldn’t believe that this young woman was now not only her friend but future daughter in law. She knew everything and had everything planned out for his arrival. “Wait till go to one of there concerts,” she told her. She knew she had to be extra quiet to not tell her what really was going to happen.

“Yeah, he told me to go with him and just wait on my shop, but I really wanted this to get done. It’s really something I want, besides I don’t think I really wanted to leave the country yet…I’ll just wait till they have a concert in Florida,” she said as she smiled to woman.

“So I just wanted to see if you needed any more help with the grand opening tomorrow?” she asked as she looked at the new woman that stood in front of her, so different to the time she had talked to her in this same room. She remembered it like it was yesterday when she came in to see her packing her things to move to New York.

“No, I think I got it, all I am missing is…Alex,” she said finally. He was the Co-owner of “Mona Lisa’s Art Shoppe” her own art shop, where she would sell her work among others. I just miss him I guess, but I understand he’s working just like I am.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He had made it in time, everything was coming out like he had planned and the best part was that she did not know a thing. He took a deep breath as he knocked on the door anxious to see her, “Hi Judy is she still asleep?” he asked as hugged the woman that stood in front.

“AJ! I thought you were in Mexico?” she smiled at him as she let him in.

“I was but I just had to be here for this, may I?” he asked as he pointed into the direction where his Mona Lisa slept. There he stood just outside her door debating on how he was going to surprise her, when the door suddenly opened and there she stood.

She stopped dead on her tracks as she saw who stood in front of her, “oh my god Alex,” she said while she turned around trying to fix her hair which was not fixed, she still had her pajamas.

He smiled it had been a while since he had actually seen the old Lisa; she even was wearing the dreadful glasses he once tried to break. “Don’t,” he said as he reached for her stopping her from running into her restroom. “I like this look,” he said as he went in to kiss her.

She smiled inside when she felt his lips on hers; he didn’t cringe with they way she looked. Finally breaking the kiss, “So, I thought you said you couldn’t be here for the opening because of the tour?” she asked as she arched a brow.

“Well the guys couldn’t stand my mood, so they let me off the hook as long as I head back by Monday,” he said smiling. He was lying but it was necessary to go through with the big surprise he had for her. “So lets go get breakfast, we have a lot of planning to do before the opening tonight,” he said as he grabbed her hand and started to pull her toward the door.

She cleared her throat, “I’m not quite ready here,” she said as she did a spin for him. “Give me a few minutes,” she told him as she pushed him out the door.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He lingered in the kiss and didn’t really want to stop but he smiled as she pushed him. “Ok I got it but give me a break I haven’t seen you in a while,” he told her as he went in to kiss her again.

She kissed him again and almost got caught again in his kisses. She loved his kisses, she loved the way his kissed her so gentle yet passionate. “I really need to finish up here,” she told as she pushed him again softly only kissing his nose. “But we can continue this way later tonight,” she winked at him and walked away. She still needed to check the shop make sure everything was put in its right place, for its grand opening.

“Ok I won’t forget,” he told her as he watched her walk away. He then looked for his accomplice he didn’t know yet but he was sure he wouldn’t mind. He finally saw him and smiled as he walked to him, “You look great,” he told him as he smiled at him.

“Oh my god AJ what are you doing here I thought Lizzie said you were in México or something,” he finished blushing he couldn’t help it AJ was a very sexy man.

“I was which brings to what I wanted to talk to you about,” he told the man that stood in front of him blushing like crazy. “See during this shindig or event I am going to propose to Lisa and I need you to distract or take her away for a while why my people come in. See me and the guys are going to serenade her and then I will pop the question but, she doesn’t know that I actually brought all the guys with me…its sort of a surprise. Can I count on you with this?” he asked the man that now had a surprise look on his face.

“What!” he covered his mouth as he had just screamed of happiness of course. “I mean yes, don’t worry I will find a way for her to leave with me or something…wow the rest of you are going to be here? Oh my I need to find something extra special to wear. Don’t worry my plan is in the works when do you need her to be out?” he asked in an excited voice yet reprimanding himself from screaming.

He had to giggle at him as he heard his last sentence, “in another fifteen minutes I need her out the guys will be coming from the hotel,” he told him as he looked at his watch. “Thanks Gibbs I knew I could count on you,” he smiled at him one more time before heading to his next accomplice his mother. “Oh, Gibbs please don’t spoil the surprise,” he said as he put his finger on his mouth to emphasize just how important it was for him not spill out the news to his Mona Lisa.

“Oh, of course my lips are sealed,” he told him in a whisper.
Chapter 24 by summer03
She looked at her friend he looked so weak, “how are you feeling Gibbs?” she asked with worry in her voice.

He felt a little guilty but he had done what he was told, get Lizzie out of the shop. “Yes I just need to drink my pills and just relax a few minutes,” he said as he fanned himself with a folder.

“Gibbs if you don’t feel well I don’t want you to feel obligated to be there today,” she told him in a worried and caring tone.

“No, I will be fine just let my medications settle in and I also decided that I need to change,” he told her as he pulled her into the couch with him.

She smiled at him as she hugged him, “I really have missed you,” she told him. He had been with her through all her crazy weird life and she knew she could always rely on him. They were best friends and nothing could separate there friendship even this disease that now plagued him.

“I have too; I don’t know why I thought that my so called new friend really cared about me. The only person I can trust and I always will is you,” he told her.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He stood in the back of the huge crowd that stood outside waiting for the doors to the art shop to open. He knew he would probably not be welcomed but he had come in peace, AJ had won fair and squared. He looked at the book he held in his hand and smiled with confidence; he wanted her to have the first copy before it went out to bookstores around the world. He still had to find her but he would wait for the right moment.

Finally her dream was only a few seconds from coming true she stood there holding the hand of the man she loved and the hand of the man she considered her brother. Finally it was time to cut the ribbon she turned to Alex and spoke, “I want you to cut for good luck,” she told him.

He smiled and cleared his throat, “actually I have a better idea,” with that the rest of his band mates came out of nowhere joining them. The crowd went crazy and he loved it he wanted this to be the talk in all the news shows and everywhere; what a better way than to have themselves come and cut the ribbon.

“Wow talk about publicity,” she whispered into his ears.

“Hey I know a few things on business you know,” with that he joined them and slowly cut the red ribbon.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was over excited as she looked at the crowded shop; people were actually buying her art work.

“I must say you have done a great job,” he said to her as he finally saw her standing alone.

She froze when she heard his voice, not today she thought not her perfect day. “Thanks,” she told him hoping he would leave.

“Look, I just came to apologize for my crazy behavior and to give you this,” he told her as he handed her a book.

“The Girl from the Cab,” she read the title out loud. “It’s yours, wow congratulations,” she told in an honest voice.

“Thanks but I owe it to you, thank you for showing up in my life. This book is about you I just wanted you to have the first copy before it hits the bookstores.” He said as he looked down to the floor trying not to show her how intimidating she was to him now.

“Wow, I don’t know what to say… I mean me? Wow I am flattered,” she told him.

“Well I did change the names though, but when you read it you will see,” he smiled finally looking at her. “I hope you don’t mind me buying a frame I just love your work. Oh and I hope one day you can at least see me as your friend, congratulations Lisa,” he leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. He walked away slowly and just was happy to know she had accepted his apology and his book.

She smiled as she watched him disappear into the crowd, “I will send you my review,” she told before she lost him into the crowd.

He smiled to her and with that he disappeared into the crowd, “at least she’s happy,” he said to no one in specific.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was satisfied and looked around the room most of the people were gone now; just a few still looked around. She smiled as she saw Gibbs come to her, “hey so what did you think is it a hit or what?” she asked.

“Oh my god people loved it, me as the manager of the store will make sure it stays up and running.” He hugged her and twirled her around in happiness.

“Ok you can be the manager but what about Broadway?” she asked.

“Nah, I think I like to be normal, besides if I don’t stay who will make sure your business does not crash and burn?” he said in a subtle tone. The truth was he just didn’t think he could handle Broadway anymore, besides he knew his living days were counted he wanted to enjoy them with the people he loved.

“Ahem, can I please have your attention,” she told everyone that was still in the shop. It wasn’t as crowded as before so this would make this surprise even better, “Mona can you please come over here,” she walked up to her and Gibbs grabbing her and taking to the center of the room. The room suddenly became filled with a melody and slowly came out Howie with a microphone in hand…

You don't run with the crowd
You go your own way
You don't play after dark
You light up my day
Got your own kind of style
That sets you apart
Baby, that's why you captured my heart


I know sometimes you feel like you don't fit in
And this world doesn't know what you have within
When I look at you, I see something rare
A rose that can grow anywhere (grow anywhere)
And there's no one I know that can compare

What makes you different, (alright) makes you beautiful (alright)
What's there inside you, (alright) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful to me

Hey, yeah yeah yeah
You got something so real
You touched me so deep (touched me so deep)
See material things
Don't matter to me
So come as you are
You've got nothing to prove
You won me with all that you do
And I wanna take this chance to say to you

What makes you different, (alright, yeah yeah) makes you beautiful (alright)
What's there inside you, (alright) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful

She was in shock but yet she like it, she continued to listen to the song yet she wondered where Alex was… she had counted only four stood in front of her singing…that’s when she felt an hand grab hers. There stood Alex beside her just in time for his part of the song…

You don't know (you don't know) how you touched my life (touched my life)
Oh in so many ways (so many ways) I just can't describe
You taught me what love is supposed to be
You saw the little things that make you beautiful to me (so beautiful)
Oh yeah, yeah

What makes you,
What makes you different, (what makes) makes you beautiful (to me)
What's there inside you, (there shines) shines through to me
In your eyes I see, all the love I'll ever need
You're all I need, oh girl
What makes you different, makes you beautiful to me

Everything you do is beautiful (so beautiful)
Love you give shines right through me (shines right through to me)
Everything you do is beautiful (ooh, ooh ooh ooh oh)
Oh, you're beautiful to me (to me)

She began to cry softly when she saw him kneel down on one knee as the song ended. She couldn’t breathe not because she didn’t want what was going to happen but because she just never thought this would happen to her. She was used to being the ugly duckling and now here she was.

“Did I surprise you?” he asked as he dug out the small velvet box from his pocket. “My Mona Lisa, I love you and wish to be with you forever will you do me the honor of marrying me?” he opened the box for her to see the ring.

She looked at him in silence and then she just began to cry, “Yes I want to marry you,” she finally said. She felt him grab her hand and gently place the ring on her, “I love you,” she mouth to him. He finally stood up hugging her and of course giving her kiss, she kissed him back as she heard the small crowd clap. She still felt like she would wake up from this wonderful dream soon, it was too good to be true.

Finally they both were bombarded with congratulations from both family and friends. “I hope you make my daughter very happy,” he told the man.

“You know I will Mr. Vickers, thank you for allowing this to happen. Without your consent this wouldn’t have been a good success I know how much you mean to her.” He told him as he hugged the man.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Finally alone,” he told her as sat beside her. He put his hand on hers and sighed, “I love you,” he said after a short silence.

She turned to face him, “I love you too,” she caressed his cheek before leaning in to kiss him. “I want a small wedding definitely in the beach,” she finally said after the kiss.

“It’s whatever you want; I just want the ending result… Let’s take a walk,” he said standing up letting his feet feel the sand. He helped her up and together started down toward the waves. “Do you think they’ve notice we are no longer in the house?” he asked as they continued to walk.

“Probably not, they are to busy partying on our behalf. I feel sorry for you though because they are trashing your house,” she said as she laughed.

“Don’t you mean our house now?” he asked as he playfully pushed her.

“Not yet, so it’s all you…” she told him as she stopped to look at him.

“You’re going to help you fiancé right?” he asked as he gave her the sad puppy face.

“Awe, that’s not fair…you win I will help you,” she told him as she kissed him softly.
End Notes:
Ok two more chapters... hope you like. Please review.
Chapter 25 by summer03
She waited patiently for him in the nearly silent airport, a few people here and there but for most part she was alone. She was so happy to be back in California but this time she was here shopping for her wedding and to surprise her fiancé by being there for his arrival. Just as she thought she could wait no longer the plane landed and her heart almost stopped it she had been a long time away from her Alex. She finally went to where he was bound to come out from. She could feel her heart beat go faster as saw him walk out with Nick beside him. Smiling she cleared her throat hoping to catch his attention, but before she could even call to him her eyes met his. “Hey,” she mouth to him as he quicken his pace.

He was tired yet he was determined to fly out to Florida the next day to go see his Mona Lisa. To his surprise she was standing in the airport waiting for him, he felt a wave of electricity come over him as he saw her stand there. How could she even think she was worthless if she had given him so much. “Hey,” he said quickly before going in for a kiss that brought him goose bumps. “I thought I was going to Florida tomorrow?” he said after the kiss.

“Yeah not true I just didn’t want you to know I would be here to surprise you,” she said shyly as she saw the sly smile Nick was giving AJ and her. “Hi Nick,” she said as she went in to give him a hug.

“Well hello Lisa,” he returned the warm hug. “How’s your shop going?”

“Good Gibbs is an awesome help, especially right now that I am planning my wedding,” she blushed as she finished her sentence. Never in her mind would she be doing this, well at least that’s what she thought. Then she met him, Alex somehow she still felt like Mrs. Betty had something to do with this. She smiled as the memory of Mrs. Betty came in she would always tell her that she would find someone that would see how beautiful she really was. Mrs. Betty was probably watching her from heaven and smiling at her. She shook away her memories and spoke, “So I know you’re tired and want to rest so how about I cook you something. Then you can rest, because tomorrow we have shopping to do.”

“A home cooked meal I’m in,” said Nick as he smiled at Lisa’s suggestion.

“Hold on Nicky boy that’s only for me, sorry no tag alongs…” he smiled evilly.

“Oh quit being mean McLean, your welcome to join us Nick,” she giggled at the face Nick had made.

“Yeah Nick you can tag along…I just wanted to see your priceless face expression,” said AJ as he grabbed his luggage.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
She held tight to his arm as they ran into the coffee shop, it had been a wonderful morning to till the rain came. “Darn my hair, why did it have to rain?” she said as she put her hair into a messy bun.

“You look beautiful with you hair in any style including its original curls,” he told her as he handed her a napkin. “So what do you want to drink? After all that shopping we did, I definitely need a well caffeinated drink,” he smiled at her as he finished his sentence.

“Uhm, whatever has chocolate in it and cold, surprise me,” she told him as she took a seat. “Hopefully the rain stops so we can continue our shopping.” She told him as he leaned in and kissed her. She smiled as he walked away to get there drinks. She looked at him just browsing the list of drinks and smiled. She was so happy and nothing could ruin that for her, that’s when she noticed the woman staring at her with a smile. She tried to play it off but she wasn’t good enough, she began to wonder why the woman kept staring at her.

“Here you go, I hope you like it,” he told her as he sat next to her. He saw the look on her face and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Ok act subtle and look to your left at the far end. There’s a woman that just won’t stop staring at me and now she’s looking at both of us.” She told him in almost whisper.

He never could be a subtle person so he turned and looked. He froze as he saw the red hair and beautiful smile. “Hailey,” he said as he continued to stare making eye contact with her. He saw her stand up and knew exactly where she was going, “That’s the therapist I told you about,” he told his Mona Lisa.

“What? The one you…” she stopped herself from speaking as she saw who approached there table. She couldn’t help but feel jealous she was gorgeous, so poised and sophisticated.

“Well hello, Mr. McLean,” she told the young man smiling. “I knew it was you since I saw you come in,” she told him as she extended her hand.

“Hailey, I mean Dr. Dane…” he took her hand in his and smiled. “I would like you to meet my fiancée Lisa,” he told her.

“Oh, wow nice to meet you,” she extended her hand to the young woman that sat beside her former patient. “But its Dr. White, I went back to my maiden name…” she finished as she smiled to them.

“Oh, I’m sorry Dr. White,” he said as he held on to his Mona Lisa’s hand.

“No don’t be I am happier now. Listen Alex I Actually wanted to know if there was a way for you and the guys to help me out with a surprise for my eldest daughter. I was going to call you but since we didn’t leave in good terms I didn’t know if you would actually answer my call. Look at me how could I; I’m sorry. I should leave you two…” she said as she looked at the way they held hands.

“Don’t go Hailey I actually am happy of the way our last conversation ended, I found the real thing now,” he said as he smiled to the woman. “So tell me what exactly it is that you need? I can try to see what we can do…” he told her.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Was she wrong in feeling the way she felt? She heard him tell her he had found the real thing yet… she clearly remembered what he had told her the day at the beach. Was she making to much of the situation? He had been very clear with her about the relationship between her and him, yet something about the smile that lady gave him made her doubt her words. What could she do? She could trust him right? She was brought back to reality by the light kisses on her neck. “Good morning,” she said as she smiled at him.

“Good morning gorgeous,” he said as he continued to kiss her. He was pretty happy at the moment she was with him and it seemed like she trusted him. She didn’t show any type of anger or doubts after she heard that he and boys had accepted in singing a couple of songs for Hailey’s daughter on her birthday. It had been short notice but the guys had agreed, the bad thing was she wouldn’t be going to the party. “Come on babe go with me?” he asked again as he kissed her lips this time.

“I told you I can’t I have the appointment to try on my dress. I can’t cancel that besides your mother is flying all the way over here to accompany me…I can’t.” she said as she giggled to his touch.

“I know I just would love you if you did,” he said as he faced her with a serious face. “Can I ask you something?” he finally said.

“Hmm,” she smiled as she faced him. She loved waking up with him on her side.

“Are you ok with what I am doing? I mean I know you said you are but I want to be sure. I mean I did tell you how I felt about Hailey before, now of course I feel nothing for her. You haven’t said anything and I appreciate it but if you do have any doubts or anything please tell me…” he finished as he caressed her cheek.

She smiled before answering, “The truth is I am a little jealous because she is really hot, like you told me. I am jealous Alex, I am but I know that you love me and that lets me know I have nothing to worry about.” She leaned in and kissed him softly to assure him she was ok even if deep inside she really wasn’t.

“I am so in love with you,” he said after breaking the kiss.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Mom you’ve made me the happiest daughter in America!” she hugged the older woman and then went in for another hug with each of them. Of course she wanted a picture with them and definitely one with only Nick her favorite.

“You deserve this and more sweetie,” she told the young redhead that was overwhelmed with her birthday gift. Her daughter was now eighteen, yet she was still a little girl. Just by the way she reacted to her surprise she had so much still to learn. “Well guys thanks for this, especially you Alex. I don’t know how to thank you for convincing the other guys. You all just made a few teenage girls so happy,” she said as she laughed lightly. “May I please speak to you Alex?” she asked as she saw his daughter was busy interrogating the other guys.

“Sure what is it?” he asked as he looked at the woman.

“Not here please, follow me…” she told him as she walked into another room. She smiled when she heard him follow, once inside the room she spoke, “how much do I owe you?” she asked him.

“Oh Hailey it’s nothing really, I actually feel like I owe you for the last time. If you wouldn’t have told me what you did I wouldn’t have found my true path…” he said smiling.

She stopped smiling for a second and then spoke again, “what if I told you that I regret telling you what I did…” she said subtly as she got closer to the young man.

He could feel that trouble was coming his way and the truth was Hailey was hot. But he was not into her like that anymore, “I wouldn’t believe you because I felt like you spoke honestly that day,” he said as he took a few steps back.

“But you were right I didn’t love Sam anymore, now I am single and I still seem to be very attracted to you.” She said as she got closer to him again and without hesitation went in for a kiss only to have him stop her.

“No, Hailey I can’t,” he told her as he pushed her away softly. Only then did he feel bad, seeing the tears forming in her eyes. He felt his heart break when he heard her begin to cry, “Oh Hailey please you know you have a friend me and like you told me once you’ll find someone in you path that’s right for you.”

“No I won’t look at me! I am an old hag,” she said crying and wrapped her arms around him.

He hesitantly hugged her for moral support yet regretted it as soon as she got so close to him. Just then Howie walked in only to turn abruptly, “Howie,” he screamed before he left the room. He sighed with relief when her grip loosened and she wiped her eyes, “Hailey here wanted to pay us for our singing,” he said after catching Howie’s attention.

“Yes I do,” she said wiping her eyes and smiling at the other man.

“You don’t have to we did it with pleasure,” said Howie as he eyed his friend.

“That’s what I told her, why we don’t just go enjoy the party,” he said fast as he started to walk out the room. He smiled with relief and for Howie’s timing, he would have to explain this to Howie later.
Chapter 26 by summer03
She stared at her new creation, something was missing. But what? She started to pack her belongings she needed to leave soon now if possible, things had gone wrong. She didn’t tell anyone but she was hurt and she was mad. But what she had heard a while ago had really disturbed her. Why would Howie confront Alex like that? “AJ I thought you said Lisa was it for you? Why are you doing this to her and with her that doctor?” She kept repeating the phrase in her head, she ran out before hearing more she was afraid to hear the rest. She knew exactly what Howie was talking about Hailey, had he…she stopped tormenting herself and continued to stuff her suitcase. She wanted out now, she knew this was to good to be true.

“Hey babe thought you were in bed already?” he said in a surprise tone. He was surprised to find her packing to his understanding she was still going to be here for a couple of more days.

She was startled when she heard him talk; no longer could she hold her feelings. Tears started to come down her face and no matter how much she tried to stop them they had a will of their own. “How was the party?” she managed to ask still not facing him. She didn’t really want to know yet it felt like a good start, to break the ice.

“She loved the surprise,” he said a little confused by the rush she had in packing. He approached and gently touched her arm, “is something wrong?” he asked oblivious to her knowledge of the talk he had just had with Howie.

She managed to fake laugh and then she couldn’t handle it anymore, “Yes, something is wrong AJ,” she said as she pulled away from his touch. “I woke up and felt thirsty so I walk down to the kitchen to get some water and happen to hear some talking. I automatically thought it was you so I thought it was good idea to go and say hi. I just couldn’t when I realized what Howie was doing…” she managed to say before she lost control and ran to the restroom.

He sighed heavily as he realized what she was talking about. “Exactly what did you hear?” he asked through the outside of the restroom. It was apparent to him that she must have not heard all the conversation.

“Enough to know that I should leave…” she said with anger and hurt. She looked at herself in the mirror, how pathetic was she? To think that he would love her instead of someone as good looking as Hailey?

He tried to open the door and realized it was locked. He smiled he’d never seen the jealous side of his Mona Lisa, he liked it. Not in a mean way but it meant that she had told him the truth she did love him. “Babe no you didn’t if you would’ve listened a little longer you would’ve heard me tell Howie that…” he stopped talking and waited patiently. He smiled when his plan worked and she slowly opened the door.

She opened the door and walked out slowly, she wanted to know the rest. “Tell him what?” she asked as she stood looking at him with sadness.

He smiled and approached her again…only to have her move away, “that Hailey came on to me, but that I told her I wasn’t interested. She told me that now she could be with me and that she wanted us to give it a try. I couldn’t though because I love you, then she began to cry and well she hugged me. By the way I felt really awkward with the hug she was to clingy. That’s when Howie walked in and saved me from being rude to her. I wasn’t going to ever be with her because I only have eyes for you. I used Howie as a way to get out of that situation. I just didn’t give him an explanation till he told me he needed to talk to me and actually followed me home.” He finish his explanation and sighed he didn’t like to see her sad.

She could see the honesty in his eyes and felt so stupid at that moment. “I don’t know what came to me Alex…I” she was stopped by his lips on hers. She returned the kiss and held on to him like she couldn’t stand without him.

“I actually liked you being jealous…ok maybe just a little. I could never do that to you my Mona. I was going to tell you too,” he said before kissing her again. Only breaking the kiss for a second to ask, “This means your not leaving right?” he smiled as he kissed her again.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Wow I love it,” he said as he twirled her around. “It’s simple yet you look hot,” he continued to say as he admired his friend. She deserved this, “Wow Lizzie I thought I would never see this day, at least now I can die happy. I know you will be in greats hands and will have a great lover,” he said as he giggled giving her a sly smile.

She blushed at her friend’s comment, “Gibbs you’re not allowed to die you understand?” she hugged him and memories of there life long journey went through her head. “I love you so much Gibbs, you’re the brother I never had.” They were interrupted by a knock on the door…

“Hey babe can I come in?” he asked as he knocked on the door to her room. He was excited tomorrow was the big day.
“NO!” he said as he ran toward the door. “Its bad luck to see the brides dress before the wedding,” he told the man that stood outside the door. “Sorry but you have to come back later,” with that he pushed the bewildered Alex away.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He turned off the car and silently waited he was told to stay away till tomorrow, “technically its tomorrow,” he said to know one in specific. It was 12:01 so it was Saturday already; he just needed to see her. He was anxious, besides he needed reassurance and who else can convince him that he was doing the right thing than his wife to be. They both had agreed to not see each other till the wedding day but it was killing him to not see her when she was staying in his house. He had been sent to his mother’s house till the wedding leaving his house all to his Mona and Gibbs. He stopped trying to convince himself that he shouldn’t go and slowly stepped out of the car. He knew exactly what room she was staying in…his. He knew his house like the palm of his hand.

She was so nervous that she couldn’t even close her eyes. She had already checked on Gibbs who was snoring like a baby in one of the guest rooms. “Today is the day,” she said to herself as she lay in bed. She was startled by the small tap on the window. At first she wanted to pretend she was hearing things but after two more taps she began to panic. That’s when she heard his voice low but raspy, she felt her heart jump. She had been hoping to see him…Gibbs had made sure that they didn’t see each other till the wedding. “Alex?” she asked softly as she approached the window.

“Yes, open it…please,” he said as he heard her say his name. He smiled when he saw her open the window for him. He crawled in and hugged her, “I just had to see you,” he said softly as he kissed her lips.

“Shhh,” she managed to say. “I thought we weren’t going to see each other till tomorrow,” she said after she broke the kiss. She walked to the door and made sure it was locked. “Just making sure Gibbs doesn’t come in and finds out you’re here,” she told him as she hugged him.

“Well technically it’s tomorrow,” he said as he kissed her again. “I had to see you,” he whispered into her ear.

“I have to confess I did too,” she told him as she dragged him with her toward the bed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She hummed to her new favorite song; it became her favorite after her Alex used it to propose to her. She was smiling to herself as she had managed to get Alex out of the house before Gibbs found out. Her timing had been right, not even five minutes after Alex had left did Gibbs come in. “Gibbs I am so happy nothing could make me feel sad today,” she said as she headed into the bathroom.
“Yeah, yeah whatever,” he said pretending to be annoyed by her happiness. “Did you night feel long?” he asked as he heard her turn on the faucet to the bath tub.

“At first I was a little edgy but then something came to me and made me realize that everything was going to be alright,” she said smiling wider, remembering herself cuddled next to Alex just a few minutes ago.

“That’s good cause today is your day missy and we need to get going,” he yelled from outside the bathroom door. “Your mother is soon to arrive…while you finish your bath I will go see how the decorating is going.”

“Ok,” she answered as she sunk into the warm bath…she could feel herself relax. Today she would change her awful last name, “Lisa McLean,” she said to know one… “Wait Alex won’t like me not using my whole name. Mona Lisa McLean, ok it sounds ok.” She continued to find ways to say her name; she was to excited to think right. She had time to think of a way to say her name. Instead she continued to hum her favorite new song…

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Where were you at?” she asked her son as she found him tip toeing in the foyer. He looked like he had just seen a ghost, made her smile. Her son was finally settling down and with such a wonderful girl.

He rubbed the back of his neck as he heard his mother’s question, “I was….I was, I went for a walk to calm my nerves down,” he finished. He didn’t dare to stare at her as he lied.

She pretended to believe her son, “Well I’m glad your back cause you have a wedding to get to.” She smiled and hugged her son, “Alex my Alex is getting married after all,” she kissed his forehead. “How’s Mona,” she asked subtly as she let go of her son.

“She’s as nervous as…” he stopped as he realized what had just happened. “How did you know?” he asked his mother as he followed her into her kitchen.

She faced him again and smiled, “Well I have been in love before dear child.” She touched his face and admired his face, “Once long time ago I was crazy for your father he made me feel things that I still can’t explain. Now though I have…no comment,” she said as she smiled to him again. “Come on we have a long day before us!”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Everything looked great, simple but great. He could feel the breeze in hit his hair as he stood with his mother by his side. In just a few seconds they would walk down the isle toward the priest, “I am so nervous right now I can’t feel my legs, what if I fall?” he asked his mother.

“You won’t trust me honey,” she told him as they got the cue to start walking. She had already seen Mona and she looked just gorgeous, she couldn’t be happier. She always thought a big wedding was the way to go for her son, but now looking at the small crowd of friends that watched and the simple decorations made her realize that was the ending result her sons happiness.

As he walked with his mother by his side and his friends all watching him, he knew this was right. Finally married and soon he would want to start a family, he for sure wanted kids. As he finally got to the altar he turned and kissed his mother tenderly, “Mom your always will be my girl, I love and I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve taught me. Especially for everything you tolerated from me,” he smiled to her as she left to her seat. In moments he would get to see her come down the isle, he smiled as he remembered that just earlier he had been with her. This was it, the girl he less expected to be the right one for him was the one. He remembered the first day he met her and how awful he had been to her, but now it was different. He stopped his thinking when he saw her coming down the isle her father holding on to her. She looked amazing that’s all he knew and it wasn’t a big fancy dress either, it was appropriate for a beach wedding. Her dark hair just moving around her face to the breeze and the small smile she always carried when she was happy was spread on her face. She looked better than he had imagined….

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Mrs. McLean what are you thinking about?” he asked her as he kissed his wife. Yes his wife he repeated in his head as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I am thinking about you and how much you mean to me,” she told him as cuddled with him.

“Hey babe, can I tell you something?” he asked as he played with her hair making the smell of her shampoo invade his nostrils.

“Yeah,” she told him as she closed her eyes. She could here the music and laughter of the guests yet she was just happy right there with her husband.

“Ok, well I want kids…a good two or three maybe four…” he told her as he turned her to face him. He couldn’t help but smile as he saw the look of shock on her face, “Not all at once now…I am not that crazy but it would be nice don’t you think,” he asked as he kissed her softly.

“Kids? Ok…why not but not just yet…I want to enjoy you to myself for a while,” she told him as she kissed him this time.

“Well I don’t want you to get pregnant too soon either…but maybe in the next few months we can start trying…” he said to her.

“Your just something else Mr. McLean,” she told him as she giggled.

“There you are, we’ve been looking for you two,” she told her son and now daughter in law. “We want to toast,” she said smiling.

“Oh, then lets head back to the party,” he told his two beautiful girls.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was having the time of her life with the people she loved sharing her happiness. She sipped her glass again the taste of ginger ale hitting her taste buds, she also had agreed to toast with ginger ale instead of champagne. She looked at him and smiled he was her husband. It felt surreal yet she knew this time it was real. She was elated as she felt his hand holding on to hers, not wanting to let go. She was having so much fun yet she wanted it to be over soon. She was never a party person except for the times back in New York…but that stage didn’t last long either.

He could tell this celebrating was getting to his now wife. To think of it he was too…he wanted to enjoy the few days they would get of honeymoon, then he would go away for a few weeks. “Do you think they’ll notice we’re gone?” he asked into her ear.

She smiled as she heard his question… “Who cares it’s our party we could do what we want to,” she said to him.

He smiled at her comment and discreetly stood up pulling her with him. “Lets go then we have to pretend like we are actually talking to our guests and then we bail,” he told her in her ear as they approached Brian’s family. “Thanks for being here Brian,” he said as he came in contact with Brian’s eyes.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was smiling as she felt the sun rays hitting face, his hand like always on her…Being with him was incredible yet last night topped them all. She looked the silver ring he now wore on his finger matching hers she wasn’t dreaming. She just continued to listen to his light breathing, she loved him. She was in love and man everything that she had experienced before was nothing to her, she now had proof that anyone can be happy. Looks actually didn’t matter, Alex had shown her that. Suddenly she felt his lips on her neck, “Good morning my husband,” she said smiling.

“Good morning my wife,” he answered as he continued to kiss her. “By the way my dear wife last night I happen to notice something on your stomach…. Can you please elaborate?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

She began to giggle, “Oh that well I told you I wanted one,” she told him as she kissed his mouth.

“I’m not complaining…I like it. Can I see it again?” he said with a sly smile. Without her answer he began to unwrap her from the tangled blankets.

She began to laugh hard as she tried to fight him to stop, “Please stop, I can show you no need to tickle,” she said panting.

“Ok,” he stopped and stared at her.

She hesitantly and slowly removed the blankets, “There see?” she said after finally showing him her new tattoo. It was just like Rachel's, from the show Friends only difference it had a date on it.

He looked at it and smiled, “I must touch,” he said and without permission touched. He smiled as he recognized the date, it was the day he first met her. He remembered the conversation they had that day…now here he was married to her. “I love it.” That’s all he could say.

“I do too,” she told him as she pulled his face towards hers. She kissed him passionately, “I knew you would like it,” she told him after the kiss.

He smiled at her as he continued to stare into her eyes, how could he not love her? “I love you My Mona Lisa...” he said before going in for another kiss.

She opened her eyes right after his lips left hers, “no I need another kiss just as a toast to our new life as husband and wife,” she told him as she pulled him toward her again.

He smiled and before kissing her he said, “Two finding my true love,” he then kissed her again…..
Epilogue by summer03
*****Seven years later******

He smiled as he looked at the kids faces, “Now that’s a true love story,” he said to them.

“Uncle Gibbs is that really how my mom and dad met?” asked the little boy with a smile on his face.

“Yes, isn’t it just so beautiful, so remember it’s not about how you look? It’s about how you are,” he said as he messed with the little girl’s hair. That’s when he heard his name being called, “I guess your mommy is here to pick you up.”

“There you guys are,” she told her two kids. “What did your uncle Gibbs tell you this time, another horror story? So you guys wont sleep all night?” she asked them as she hugged them.

“No mom, he told us a love story,” said the little girl.

She smiled at her friend and asked, “really what story was it Gibbs?”

“Oh just the one of a girl I know and how she found her prince,” he said.

“Oh, boy…I think I know her. Well I must get going Alex gets home today from Europe and I promised to have something cooked for him. Come on Judy and Dennis let’s go, say goodbye to your Uncle Gibbs.”

After so many goodbyes and a promise to get better soon, he watched her leave. He knew his days were counted, but at least he knew his Lizzie would be ok. He looked at the white room and the bed he lay in. He really was not ready to leave this earth but he knew there was nothing he could do; his disease had finally taken a toll on him. He hadn't dared to look at himself in the mirror because he was afraid he would not recognize himself. The only thing that kept him going was that he knew Lizzie would be coming soon or if not her kids. AJ also visited him along with one or two of the other guys. He truly was happy with the accomplishments he had done, his Lizzie’s store was a hit and knowing he helped made him happy. He wasn’t ready to go, he was young still… “God if its time for me to go please make it painless…” he blurted out to know one. He hated being in this home, having nurses come in a check on him every half hour. He wanted to live, but his body had lost the will to continue…

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She hadn't cried so much like she had today. She stood there reading the plaque over and over. Her Gibbs was gone; her confidant was now gone for good. She knew he had been very ill lately but she also new that her Gibbs was strong, yet here she was saying goodbye without really wanting to. She was glad that he was able to meet her kids and that her kids met him. Both of them had bonded with him he was there Uncle Gibbs, now he wouldn’t be there. Her years of marriage were great but, she always had Gibbs to go to when she couldn’t handle Alex, it was rare but still. When Alex was in tour Gibbs would be there, now he wouldn’t. Gibbs was her brother her best friend, so many years of friendship and now he had left her. “Goodbye Gibbs and don’t you think I wont be coming out here to see you. Please continue to protect me from wherever you are, especially my kids you understand me?” she smiled in between her sobs. So many good memories with him…then the one that change both there lives forever. But none she regretted because she knew Gibbs didn’t, she closed her eyes as she felt his warm hug.

“Come on babe, we have to go,” he whispered into her ear. He felt horrible too and he knew just how awful the loss of someone could be. “He still lives inside you babe, you know he wouldn’t want you to be like this.”

“I know Alex; I know…” she told her husband as she hugged him. “Let’s go home,” she told him as she finally rested the yellow rose she held on the fresh pile of dirt.

“I made a promise to him and I will keep it. Even though I didn’t need to, I intend to always take care of you. I love you,” he said as he held her hand.

She looked at him and smiled, “I love you too.”
End Notes:
The End.. that's it.... please let me know what you think... this was my first FF. please comment :)
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9966