- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it and was able to get another chp done for you guys. I hope you continue to leave your thoughts and keep on reading and enjoying. :) Thanks again!

 

Alex McLean stepped from his black Porsche Cayenne and shut the door. He jiggled his keys in his hand and hummed a little bit as he strolled up the walk to his porch. Ainsley’s yellow Honda Civic sat in his drive which meant she was off today; a rarity in her line of work. Grinning at the thought, he climbed the porch steps and quickly unlocked his front door. His girlfriend was pretty good about making sure the house was locked if she was there alone. Though they didn’t live together yet, his beautiful, brunette bombshell would often meet him there after her shift, or stop by and let his dogs out in the backyard if he happened to be away for awhile. The longest they’d been apart though was three days when he’d had to fly to Florida for his friend’s father’s funeral. Ainsley had wanted to come along, but with her internship she rarely could get a day off. He wondered how they would juggle their relationship when he started touring and being away a lot more.

Stepping into the house and resetting the alarm system, Alex tossed his keys onto the end table and glanced towards the living room as laughter flowed his way. She wasn’t alone; he could hear another female voice chatting away about some hair design or wardrobe choice. With his curiosity piqued, he strolled down the entryway and stepped into the living room. Marley Walters was perched in his leather lazy boy, her long chestnut brown hair tied back in a simple ponytail. She wore a pair of jean shorts with a yellow tank top and had her bare feet tucked beneath her legs.

“Hey!” She greeted him as he came into her view.

“Hey, Marley.” He nodded her way then crossed over to where Ainsley was stretched out on the sofa. “Hey, baby.”

“Heeey!” His girlfriend greeted him as she pushed herself up and tugged her red short sleeved tee down over her midriff. She gave him a sweet kiss to the lips then tugged him down beside her. “Where have you been?”

“I had a few errands to run.” He slipped his arm behind her shoulders and pulled her into his side. “How long have you two been here?”

“Hours upon hours!” Marley teased from her spot.

Alex chuckled and kissed his girlfriend’s head. “What’s Nick up to today?” Marley and Nick Carter had been a couple for almost a year now. They had met at a local radio station where the bubbly brunette did the advertising and Nick had been in doing a guest spot for a popular DJ. And upon meeting Ainsley, the two girls had become fast friends. In their down time, Alex and his group members didn’t usually hang out but that wasn’t stopping the women. Whenever Ainsley had time off, or Marley wasn’t involved in some radio promotion, they’d be together. Which consequently then brought the boyfriends together more. No one was complaining yet.

“He went to meet Aaron for lunch. I was invited along, but I don’t really care to get in the middle of another of their sibling arguments.”

The handsome pop star chuckled. “I don’t blame you.”

Ainsley giggled low and snuggled herself into her boyfriend’s side. “And we didn’t want to stay at my place because my roommate was driving us crazy!” She spoke of the rather eccentric, and anal, Justin Banterfield; an openly gay intern that she had met in medical school and become friends with. While the two weren’t extremely close, they had studied together and both started the program at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles. That led to their getting an apartment together close to the hospital.

Alex laughed low. “What’s Justin doing now?”

“Rearranging the living room furniture…again.”

Marley nodded. “Yeah, he just changed it around like three days ago and now he insists on trying something new with it.”

“He should have gone into interior decorating.” Ainsley mused from her spot.

Her boyfriend just shook his head. “I told you that you could stay here whenever you needed to.” While he hadn’t asked her to move in with him yet, he had offered up his house for whatever she may need. Though after their love confessions two days ago, moving in together didn’t seem such a bad idea at the moment. It was definitely something he wanted to discuss with her when they were alone.

“I know, that’s why we came over here.” She kissed his cheek with a loud smack.

“We’re thinking about maybe swimming.”

“Ooh, swimming.” Alex lifted his brows. “The guys were out here cleaning the pool this morning too.”

“Ooh, even better!” Marley looked to her friend.

Ainsley chuckled. “Meh, that’d mean I’d have to get up and go change. I’m so comfortable.” She wiggled against her boyfriend’s side and pouted.

“Oh come on.” The other brunette rose to her feet. “You two can cuddle later, let’s go swim.”

“Alright, alright…” She slowly pushed herself up and looked to Alex. “Are you gonna join us?”

Alex shrugged some and smoothed his hand over one of her tanned legs. “Maybe in a little bit. I have some stuff to do first.”

“Oh?” She lifted a brow. “Like what?”

He stood as well, wiggling his brows down at her. “Like calling my manager and I have some emails to send.”

“Mmkay.” She slipped her arms around his waist. “Well be outside when you get done.”

“Oh, I know.” He smirked and kissed her mouth, one hand snaking down and squeezing her butt. “All wet and sexy in some skimpy bikini.”

Ainsley giggled low and pulled out of his grasp. “That’s right, so try to hurry.”

“Oh I will.” He gave a low grunt then chuckled and watched as she and her friend sashayed from the room. That woman was going to be the death of him; with her tight body and voracious sexual appetite. He was in his thirties now and wasn’t getting any younger. Their sex was life hot and though he wasn’t a young spry anymore, he wasn’t planning on changing a damn thing. Giving a visible shudder at that thought, he ran a hand over his face and headed towards his office. He wanted to hurry and get his things finished so he could join them. And then later, after Marley left, they’d have the whole house to themselves.

~*~*~*~*~

“Mmm, you’re insatiable.” Ainsley purred from Alex’s side, the following morning. Her hand smoothed lazily on his chest and her skin had that flushed and enticing look to it.

Her boyfriend gave a smirk and slipped both arms around her, hauling her body over his. He smoothed both hands down over her silky back, seeking out her naked rear. Upon finding it, he squeezed it firmly. “Mmm I know. But so are you.”

She giggled and pushed her long hair behind her shoulder, meeting his gaze. “Sometimes I can be.”

“Sometimes?” He arched a brow and leaned his head up, nibbling along her neck.

“Mmhmm.” She giggled again, wiggling atop him, knowing what kind of effect that had on him.

Alex gave a grunt and his grip on her butt tightened, his tongue laving over the pulse in her neck.

Ainsley shivered and smoothed a hand along his shoulder, squirming against him a little more.

“Damn woman,” he murmured against her skin. “You know what that does to me.”

“Oh, I know very well what that does to you,” she spoke with a grin. She enjoyed teasing him.

“Ooh, do ya?” Suddenly her back was pressing against the bed and he rose over her, cocking a brow and snaking a hand to her breast, rolling the nipple between his fingers. “Well I know a few things about you.”

The brunette giggled softly, shivering as his fingers continued to tease her breast. “Like what?”

“Hmm.” He cocked a brow then dipped his head and began placing soft, warm kisses to the velvety skin of her neck. “I know you like to have your neck kissed,” he murmured softly against it, flicking his tongue against her skin and smirking at the goosebumps that arose.

Ainsley gave a soft sound of content, smoothing a hand to the back of his head.

“And…” he slowly pulled back and looked her naked form over, “I know that it makes you crazy when I do this.” He smoothed his hand down along her thigh and drew it up some, seeking out that sensitive spot just behind her knee and tickling his fingers over it.

His girlfriend jerked and gave a laugh, squirming some in an attempt to pull her leg away. “Alex!”

He laughed and held her leg firmly in place, his fingers continuing to smooth in small circles in that spot. “What’s wrong, baby?”

“S…stop…” she stammered, squirming against him.

Alex chuckled and lowered her leg, his hand grazing up to her thigh. “Yes, ma’am.”

“Mm ma’am, I like that.”

He leaned over her once more and brushed his lips over hers. “And I like you.”

“Ooh, I like you too.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and drew his body back down to hers.

Alex gave a content sigh at the feel of her warmth against him. The way their bodies fit together was nearly perfect and he slipped his arms around her, holding her closer and rolling them to their sides.

“Mmm,” his girlfriend murmured as she held him close and chased kisses along his chest.

Alex couldn’t help the smile that formed on his face at that. He had no idea how he’d gotten so lucky or why a woman like Ainsley wanted to be with someone like him, but he wasn’t questioning it. This was just how it was and he couldn’t let negative thoughts start to seep in now.

The sound of his cell phone pulled him from his thoughts and the brunette in his arms gave a sigh.

“Damn,” he rolled to his back, pulling her gently across his chest and grabbed for the phone, lifting it to check the screen. His manager’s name flashed on it and he gently disentangled them. “It’s Jenn; I better take this.”

Ainsley pushed herself up and smoothed her long hair from her face. “Of course.”

Alex pushed the talk button and lifted the phone to his ear. “Talk to me.”

“AJ? Where are you?”

He blinked at that and glanced around at his surroundings. “I’m at home.” Had he not detected the slight annoyance in her voice he probably would have been a little more descriptive with his exact location. “What’s going on?”

“You’re at home? You do know that you have a conference call today with Jive, don’t you?”

Alex frowned and sat up next to his girlfriend. “Today? I thought that was tomorrow? Are you sure?”

“Oh yes, very sure. Everyone else is here and we’ve been waiting on you.”

“Shit, okay, I’ll be right there.” He tossed the covers back and scrambled from the bed. “Give me twenty minutes.”

“You have fifteen. See ya then.” And the call was severed.

Alex tossed his phone onto the bed and grabbed a clean pair of boxers. “I have to go. I’m sorry.” He glanced over towards Ainsley as he pulled the boxers on.

She gave a small laugh and hugged her knees to her chest, the blanket draped over her lap. “It’s okay. I hope you don’t get into trouble.”

“Nah, not much.” Now he was pulling on a shirt and soon his worn in jeans. “I’ll call you later, okay?”

“Sure thing.” She rested her chin atop her knees. “Drive carefully, okay?”

“Always.” He dropped a necklace chain over his head and let the skull pendant settle against his chest. Then he slipped on a couple rings and grabbed his wallet. Placing a quick kiss to her lips, he retrieved his phone from the bed and tugged his shoes on as he started from the room.

“Love you.” She called out to him as he scrambled down the hall towards the stairs.

“Love you more!” He yelled back then scurried down the stairs and plucked the keys to his Cayenne from the tray on the end table. There was no way he would make it across town in ten minutes; unless he wanted to risk his life. Before he’d met Ainsley, there’s no doubt he’d be driving like a bat out of hell, but something about her calmed him and he no longer felt the need to put his life on the line for anything other than her safety. If he was a few minutes late, then he was a few minutes late. Besides, it wasn’t like it would be the first time. Or the last.

~*~*~*~*~

It took Alex almost twenty minutes to get to the studio. It was nearly ten thirty when he parked and hauled ass for the entrance. The sun glinted off the double glass doors, causing him to squint and curse himself again for forgetting his shades. Just as he climbed the steps and reached for the handles, the door was pushed open and a figure rushed out, colliding smack into his chest and knocking them both backwards and down the stairs.

Alex landed on his back with a hard smack, the air in his lungs rushing out. His head fell back and smacked the concrete and pain suddenly filled his body.

“Ooh, I am so sorry,” A melodious female voice exclaimed from atop his chest where she had landed in their tumble down the steps. “Are you alright?”

The tattooed man gave a groan as he felt his head throbbing. Forcing his eyes open, he had to squint against the sun and found himself peering up into the beautiful face of Karis; the fountain dancer. No, it wasn’t possible; the sun had to be playing tricks with his eyes. Quickly, he closed them again and shook his head, immediately regretting it at the soreness he was already feeling.

“Yes, it’s really me, Sam I am.”

At that, Alex blinked his lids open again, finding her now peering into his face, merely inches away. Her blonde hair framed her face and shone like an angel’s halo in the sunlight. Those blue eyes pierced his soul and he felt what breath was left in his body, catch in his throat.

“Hello.” A grin tugged at the corner of her mouth and she tilted her head. “That was quite some tumble. Thank you for breaking my fall, you quite possibly saved my life.”

He wasn’t sure if he could find his voice yet, so instead he just gave a slight nod. The pain he had felt earlier was already melting away.

Karis slipped from over him and Alex felt a shock of tingles as she gently checked him over for any broken bones. “I don’t think you’ve broken anything.”

Carefully, he pushed himself up and bit back a wave of nauseas that threatened him.

“Whoa, you okay there?” She pressed a cool hand to his cheek and a flood of warmth washed through him.

“I…” his throat felt dry, almost as if he’d swallowed a handful of sawdust.

The blonde, with the soul captivating eyes, gently took hold of his arm. “Okay, let’s get you onto your feet; nice and easy.”

Slowly, Alex shifted and rose up onto his feet, Karis supporting him, maintaining her hold on his arm in case his legs happened to give way. His head felt thick and his mouth parched, a dull thud now occupied his head and his joints were already becoming stiff. If he hadn’t just taken a fall down a flight of stairs, he’d seriously think he was growing old. And tomorrow he was sure to be sore.

“You okay?” She moved one hand to his chest and smoothed out some wrinkles in his shirt.

“Hm, yeah,” he gave a nod and rolled his shoulders some, checking himself over, “just sore.”

“Well, that’s to be expected. I’m sorry for knocking you down the steps.”

He lifted his gaze to hers and found himself mesmerized once again by the power of her sapphire blues.

“You uh, it’s um…” he struggled to form a coherent thought. “It’s no problem.”

Karis reached and straightened his shirt. “Thank you for being understanding. A lot of people wouldn’t be.”

“Well,” a quirky grin curved over his lips, “I’m not like most people.”

“Neither am I.” Her eyes twinkled and her hand rested a moment longer than necessary on his chest before she drew it back. “Were you in a rush somewhere?”

“Yeah, I have this meeting wi-” Alex stopped, his eyes widening at the meeting completely slipping from his mind. “Shit, I have to go!” He started to pull away, but the blonde reached and caught his wrist in her hand.

“Wait, you can’t go into a meeting looking like that.”

“What’s wrong with how I look?” He glanced himself over, noting nothing indifferent about his clothing.

“For starters, you have a tear in the back of your shirt,” she fingered the hole that had been ripped in the tumble, “and there’s dirt and gravel all over back here, too.”

Alex tugged his shirt some and peered to the back, sighing as he took in the ripped and dirty fabric. “Damn.”

Karis pressed her lips together then took his hand. “Okay, c’mon.” She started to lead him back towards the parking lot.

“Wait, what? I have a meeting; I’m already late as is.”

“Just c’mon. You aren’t going to miss your meeting.”

Alex gave a sigh and fell in step with her, their hands still intertwined. The feel of her delicate hand in his was comforting for some unexplainable reason and he didn’t try to pull away.

The blonde led him across the parking lot to a deep green Jeep. She released his hand to take out a set of keys and unlock the door then she pushed the seat forward and pulled a thin, brown leather jacket from the back seat. “Here, wear this. Just leave it on and no one will even know about your shirt.” She thrust it into his arms then shifted the driver’s seat back into position.

Alex looked the jacket over, noting it was a men’s style and and seemed about his size. “Um…where did you get this?”

She shrugged and turned back to him. “Someone left it. Just wear it, okay? You’re already late as is.” She sent him a teasing grin as she quoted him from earlier.

He sighed and watched her, feeling his tummy fluttering some as their eyes met. “Okay, thank you,” he finally relented.

Karis patted his arm then turned him and gently nudged him towards the building. “Now go.”

Alex took a few steps then looked back to her. “How do I return this to you? I can’t keep it.”

“Oh, don’t worry,” she flashed him a dazzling smile, “I’ll get it back.”

He blinked some at that, watching her for a moment then turned and headed back towards the building, shrugging the jacket on and smoothing it some. A hundred questions were already racing through his mind; what she was doing there? How had they happened to run into each other again? Just who was she? Who the jacket belonged to? Why he was agreeing to wear it? However, at the moment, he didn’t have time to ponder them, he was really late and Jenn was going to have his head. Besides, he had a strange feeling he would be seeing Karis again very soon.