- Text Size +
The weekend that Nick and Aaron went to the Florida Keys to have the weekend fishing with their dad, Brianna was working both the Saturday and Sunday nights. On the Saturday night Mark was having a sleepover at Brian and Leighanne’s with Baylee. Brian, Howie and Alex going to the Saturday night show to see Brianna. Brianna was nervous about leaving Mark with Leighanne and Baylee, being Mark’s first sleepover but once Mark saw Baylee and James he was fine.

Brianna stole the show again with her set that she did as always, encore after encore, enjoying the adrenalin that she always received from performing. Her band was better than ever tonight, probably because their contract at the club was extended for another 2 years with a pay rise. It would be in the next week or so where she would have to tell them that she will need to leave the band/club to continue on with the recording of the guys album and then tour. Management at the club knew and weren’t saying a thing.

Brianna’s final song for the night was going to be a Backstreet Boys song, she taking Nick’s part. She convinced Brian, Howie and Alex to come up on stage, the crowd going even wild. The band started to play ‘Shape of My Heart.’

Once the crowd had left, the guys stayed around and kept Brianna and the band company while they packed up for the night. Leaving the club, Brianna’s phone rang. Naturally her first instinct thought it would be Leighanne about Mark. It was the local police asking her to come to her house as soon as she could. Brian and Howie got in their cars and drove off, Brianna getting in Alex’s and going to her place. As Alex drove into the street, cars, emergency services were there and a glow. The apartments were on fire. Someone had set the whole building on fire.

There was nothing that was salvageable. Everything was gone. Everything that Brianna had struggled to get had gone. All in an instant. “How do I tell Mark?” Brianna asked Alex as they got back in the car, Alex driving back to his place.
“Tell him the truth. He’s a smart kid. In the mean time you and he are staying with us. No questions about it. Don’t you worry about anything. In the morning we’ll start again.” Alex explained.
“Don’t tell Nick, not yet.” Brianna pleaded.
“I wouldn’t even if I could. When Nick, Aaron and their Dad go out to sea, they go out to sea. No communication of any kind until like a few miles from civilisation. I’ve been with them once and couldn’t believe it but it’s beautiful on where they go. I am not going to leave a message as he will be concerned even more.” Alex informed her, driving in the driveway to his place. Karen greeted them at the door, Karen taking Brianna upstairs to freshen up, Alex making the calls to Brian and Howie.

Come morning and things were on the go for starting up again. Karen and Alex had made a list of things that needed to be done, things needed to get, etc. Brian and Leighanne said Mark could stay over the night again to help Brianna out. Brianna spent the morning on the phone with the insurance company in regards to getting money from them and then was being interviewed by the police in regards to the fire.

The show that night was the only thing that kept Brianna going for the day at least. Mark was having a great time with Baylee, Howie and Leigh taking James over for a play. Brianna wanted to do a different set of songs that night, powerful ‘in your face’ songs to let her anger out.

As she was settling down for the night in the spare bedroom at Alex and Karen’s, her phone rang.
“Where are you? Are you alright? I just got back into LA, see your place burnt down?” Nick asked full of questions.
“Relax, I’m fine. Mark’s at Brian and Leighanne’s. I get back from the gig last night and the police call and tell me to get there ASAP. I get there and the whole place is burnt down obviously. Lost everything. I’m staying at Alex and Karen’s.” Brianna informed him.
“Are you sure you are alright? Why didn’t you call me?” Nick asked.
“Nick, you were in Florida. You couldn’t have gotten back til now anyway. It’s all under control.” Brianna replied.
“But still. You want me over or something?” He asked not knowing what to say.
“I’ll see you in the morning after you’ve had a shower at the studio.” Brianna replied ending with a joke.
“Hey, I’ve had a shower. Had to have one before I stepped onto the plane.” Nick laughed.
“See you in the morning.” Brianna said.

In the studio, Brianna and Alex were talking with Howie and Nick when Mark ran in followed by Brian. “Mommy!” Mark squealed running to hug her.
“Hey baby. Have fun with Baylee and James?” Brianna asked, cuddling him tight.
“Yeah, Baylee is so cool!” Mark replied.
“Were you a good boy for Brian and Leighanne?” Brianna asked.
“He sure was. Baylee and Mark were running around non stop all day yesterday. Tired themselves out.” Brian laughed.
“Thanks for the weekend.” Brianna said.
“No worries.” He replied as he gave her a hug. The guys went in the studio, Brianna and Mark watching from the control booth where Chris was as they began to do their next song on the album.

Having lunch Nick suggested that Brianna and Mark move in with him. “Well it makes sense doesn’t it? We’re spending a lot of time together and that you and Mark need a place to live. I have plenty of bedrooms, Mark can run around the backyard with the dogs and I was spending a bit of time at your place anyway. Why not?” Nick explained.
“Alright, let’s do it.” Brianna replied.
“Really?” Nick asked shocked.
“Yes, really.” Brianna smiled.

Arriving at Nick’s place, Brianna was overwhelmed. “This is all of your place?” She remarked getting out of the car.
“Um, yeah.” Nick replied.
“This is like bigger than the whole apartment complex.” Brianna stated.
“You’ll get used to it.” He grinned as he put am arm around her waist, Mark running to the front door. As they walked in the front door, Nick put Mark on his shoulders and showed them around the house. Mark marvelling at everything.