- Text Size +
For New Years Eve, Nick had an appearance at Time Square in New York. Just after midnight struck, he was going to be on a plane back to Los Angeles for the dance rehearsals. “Come with me. You have to do New Years at Times Square. Howie and Leigh are staying in, Mark will stay there.” Nick said as they woke up New Years Eve morning.
“Yeah right? Nick it’s NYE, an extra ticket to New York and leaving Mark with Howie and Leigh. That’s a bit too much don’t you think.” Brianna told him.
“All taken care of. Howie and James will be here in an hour. He’ll take us to the airport. No need to pack or anything. No hotels or whatever.” Nick explained. With that, Brianna flew out of bed and got ready. While Brianna showered and dressed, Nick got Mark ready to go to Howie’s for the night.

“I feel so guilty about leaving Mark all these times. Our lives have changed so much.” Brianna sighed as they were boarding their flight. Their relationship was no longer a secret, Alex broke the news just before Christmas when was asked what everyone was doing for Christmas. A few fans and the media came up and approached them for photos, wanting a photo of Nick and Brianna together or the fan and Nick. There was one fan who took a great photo of Nick and Brianna that Brianna actually asked the fan for a copy of it.
“Don’t feel guilty. Mark is having the time of his life. I know these few years haven’t been that great, you have been used to doing things on your own, being independent but you are entitled to have a life as well.” Nick told her.
“My life is Mark.” Brianna stated.
“And that’s fine but you do need to have something for your own. Soon we’ll be on the road for promo and then the tour. We’ll be together all the time. It will be alright. I promise you.” Nick replied, holding her hand, ducking his head to enter the plane.

Arriving in New York City, they were escorted to an awaiting car that was going to take them to Time Square. Nick was going to be performing some songs. For Brianna, she was thankful that she was going to be with Nick at the stroke of midnight. Amongst the front of the crowd, she saw Nick perform his few songs that he was going to do. He sang “Miss America”, “Help Me” and “I Stand For You”. Moving away from the crowd to meet up with Nick, Brianna saw Nick holding a couple of things and grinning.
“What?” She asked.
“I’ve just managed to get us into the New Years kissathon.” Nick said.
“Nick! You didn’t!” Brianna shrieked.
“Yup!” He laughed.
“You Carter’s!” Brianna cracked up laughing.
“Hey, what can I say? It’s a Carter thang.” Nick chuckled. At the stroke of midnight, Nick and Brianna began to kiss. This was their first public kiss as a couple. They lasted about 5 minutes before Nick broke out laughing. She playfully hit him. “I was enjoying that.” She laughed. Nick had seen themselves on the giant screens.

Within the hour they were on their way back to the airport. “New York was awesome.” Brianna commented as they were sitting on the plane back to LA.
“When we’re here in a few weeks, it will be better. Backstreet Mania. You’ll see.” Nick told her. Just after getting in the air, they both fell asleep.