- Text Size +
When they landed back in LA, Nick caught a cab to the dance studio where they would be rehearsing for the video, Brianna in a cab to pick up Mark at Howie and Leigh’s before Leigh dropped her off home. Brianna was going to be writing songs for her album. She often found herself writing when Mark was around, gave her the inspiration to write. Writing in a studio she felt as though she couldn’t concentrate on much.

Home she settled Mark in front of the TV watching a DVD with a snack while she went upstairs and had a long shower. To and from New York City in 24 hours with no shower or rest apart from on the bumpy flight tired her out and the shower helped her freshen up. As she settled herself on the patio in the backyard, Mark running around outside with the dogs playing she began to write again.

In full writing mode, hearing Mark in the background, she was startled when she heard the front door slam rather loudly. “Mommy will be back in a minute. You stay there.” She called out to Mark. Mark didn’t listen. Brianna went inside and saw Nick in a rage.

“What’s going on? Thought you would be at the studio.” She remarked closing the door to outside so Mark couldn’t hear.
“That was the plan. I got there and Brian and AJ and Howie were out the front of the studio unable to get in. We naturally got on our phones and were like, uh, what’s happening. No one answered for like an hour. Couldn’t get onto Management for 2 hours. The financial transaction didn’t come through or some crap like that. Being New Years Day no one had bothered to notify us as everyone is sleeping it off from last night. So we have a video to do but nothing to go with.” Nick explained angry.
“You were doing the song “Count on You” right?” Brianna asked.
“Yeah, what about it?” Nick replied.
“That’s the one that’s for the fans isn’t it?” Brianna asked.
“That’s the one.” Nick answered deep breathing trying to keep his cool.
“What about doing an updated version of the video, ‘The One’? You’ve got footage of tours, all the appearances you have done. I’m assuming with your legal team you can get some stuff off the internet. You show the fans the support they have done for you, like a mirage or something of posters, etc.” Brianna suggested.
“Forgetting one thing...money. We needed money today.” Nick reminded her.
“Alright sorry. Ok, what about doing a video with you and the girls and the kids in it? Each of us could take control of the video camera? We can do it at one of our places. We organise things today, video can be done by Monday at the latest. Count On You is also for the girls as well.” Brianna suggested. Nick was silent for a few minutes.
“I’ll call the guys.” Nick said giving her a hug and running upstairs to make the calls. Brianna got her phone and called the girls. Within an hour, everyone agreed on Brianna’s idea.

The video was going to be done in Brian and Leighanne’s backyard in a relaxed party atmosphere, a barbeque party, girls laughing, the guys at the barbeque, kids playing, then the guys cuddling the girls, everyone in the pool and finishing by the guys serenading the girls in candlelight.

Brian and Nick worked on the sound of the video with Alex and Howie on the editing of the video. The video was completely finished around 4am Monday morning. No one in the studio believed they had done all this on their own and with the short amount of time they had. The video was going to go straight to Youtube so all fans could see the video that night.