- Text Size +
By the time Alex’s birthday arrived a week later, there were going to be surprises in store for everyone. Brianna was working with Alex on the side to organise his birthday and Karen wanted to surprise Alex with a big birthday surprise. The thing was, Karen was keeping something secret but Brianna still had to organise something. Alex had managed to organise Karen’s parents come to the party, Brianna picking them up at the airport and playing tour guide til it was time to go to Alex and Karen’s for the party.

On Karen’s part, Brianna contacted Alex’s Mom, Denise and got her and her family from around the US to be in LA. They were all staying in hotels and were being picked up in a Hummer just before the party.

Nick, Brian and Howie were all suspicious on what was happening as Brianna was busier than normal and it was nothing to do with the album. Brianna had recorded the 3 songs with the guys and her part was done. They all expected Brianna to be relaxing but she was always doing something and making something up or acting strangely which she tried not to do.

“You won’t give any clues?” Nick asked as they were getting ready for the party.
“Nope. Not so long to go. I don’t know what is going on, I was just asked to do these things and that was it. With Alex and Karen being busy with work I was their only option to get things done right.” Brianna replied.
“AJ has been kinda weird lately, I have to admit that. He has been mysterious with phone calls, sneaking out for something for a while but it seems to be a good thing.” Nick remarked.
“Well not too long to go.” Brianna sighed walking out the room to see what Mark was up to.

Inside Alex and Karen’s place the party was in full swing. Their families weren’t there as yet, weren’t being brought out til just before the surprises. Baylee and James were playing together when Nick, Brianna and Mark walked in, Mark running off to them. “What’s going on?” Nick asked Alex and Karen when they hugged them.
“What’s going on? Just a party for me. I’m the birthday boy after all.” Alex cheekily replied.
“Yup, just a party.” Karen added. Once everyone had arrived, Brianna made the call for both families to arrive, in 5 minutes. They hid in the back corner waiting for their cue.

“Alright guys. Guys.” Alex called out a while later on. A few minutes later, everything went quiet.
“Geeze, if I were on tour, this wouldn’t happen. Get even louder.” Alex joked, everyone laughed.
“I want to thankyou for all being here tonight. Means a great deal to Kaz and I. Especially to me. I know I don’t get much time off but when I have it, I just wanna sleep! The fellas will back me up here. Having you here tonight is just fantastic. Thank you.” Alex said before everyone went into applause, Alex taking Karen’s hand facing her.

“Karen, I am the luckiest man alive. I know everyone says that but I truly am. I love you so much. You are my everything. You know me almost more than I know my own self. I can’t bear my life without you. Karen, will you spend the rest of my life with me? Be my wife?” He proposed on one knee. Everyone was gasping, in shock.
“Yes. Yes I will marry you.” Karen answered between her tears. Alex hugged her tightly, everyone applauding.
“I guess now is as good timing. I have been waiting for the right time, guess it’s now.” Karen said.
“What?” Alex asked, unable to take the smile off his face.
“I’m pregnant.” Karen blurted. Another set of gasps filled the room.
“You serious!” Alex shrieked.
“Very.” Karen smiled, Alex putting his arms around her.
“I’m gonna be a Daddy.” Alex shouted out loud. At that moment amongst all the cheers Alex and Karen’s parents came out in front.

“You have any idea?” Brian asked Brianna when they caught up during the party.
“None whatsoever. I was blown away just as much as you.” Brianna replied.
“What about this women’s intuition thing about especially when one is pregnant?” Brian asked.
“Brian, I swear I didn’t know anything.” She laughed.
“Guys, she had no idea. Only we knew our things.” Alex chimed in, Karen by his side.
“HEY!!” Howie, Leigh, Brian, Leighanne, Nick and Brianna said all at once and hugging them.
“AJ’s right. Bri didn’t know. “ Karen added.
“I was doing this with all these cryptic clues.” Brianna laughed.
“Well she’s definitely a Backstreet Girl.” Howie commented.

Back home, Mark sound asleep in the car, Brianna carried him inside. She changed him into his pyjamas and then went into the bedroom where Nick was, getting ready for bed.
“You aren’t planning anything that big for my birthday are you?” Nick asked.
“What?” Brianna replied.
“Coming out with something like that?” Nick asked.
“I can assure you, nothing like that. I promise you.” Brianna assured him.
“AJ will be so cool as a Dad.” Nick pointed out.
“I’ll feel for Karen when she has the baby. I remember when she and Alex were with me when Mark was born. He was so funny.” Brianna laughed reminiscing.
“I can just see him do the breathing and all.” Nick cracked up laughing.
“It was so funny.” Brianna added.