- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pretty long chapter
Leaving the hotel for the airport early in the morning to head to Chicago for a mid morning TV show appearance, Nick was on the phone to Aaron in Los Angeles and in their own weird world of talk. Nick got in the front of the back of the car, Brianna sitting next to Alex, Mark asleep still. Baylee was asleep in Brian’s arms and Mark in the middle of the back with Howie next to him.

“You alright?” Alex asked putting a hand on her knee.
“Fine why?” Brianna replied.
“We’re going to be in Chicago in a few hours.” Alex reminded her.
“I’ll be right.” Brianna lied.
“You haven’t told him have you?” He guessed.
“Told him what?” Leighanne asked leaning forward.
“No I haven’t said anything. I didn’t think the relationship would be this way and we haven’t had the time.” Brianna replied.
“What’s going on?” Brian piped up. Alex looked at Brianna.
“When we’re done for the day, I’ll tell you all.” Brianna sighed.
“Everything ok?” Howie asked.
“Yup. Everything is fine.” Brianna replied snuggling into Alex.

Arriving at JFK Airport, they checked in and made it to the gate with 5 minutes to spare. The kids were awake by now, Baylee and Alex trying to beat each other out in rock paper scissors and Mark with Brian on his shoulders. It was easier for Brian to take Mark into the airport and to the departure gate. Nick was on the phone to Aaron still.

On the plane, Nick and Brianna sat next to each other, Brian and Baylee sitting next to each other playing games with everyone keeping an eye on them. “You alright?” Brianna asked Nick.
“Yeah.” He sighed leaning back into his seat, his head resting back.
“What’s wrong?” Brianna asked turning to face him side on.
“It’s Aaron but it’s all good. Just had some dramas in the studio and needed my help.” Nick replied, a hand brushing her face.
“That’s alright. How’s the album coming?” Brianna asked.
“Couple months and be all set. About time.” Nick replied laughing.
“When we get to Chicago I was saying to the guys we gotta talk, but not til tonight”. She told him.
“All ok?” He asked concerned.
“Fine.” Brianna smiled as they were instructed to listen to the flight safety instructions.

Arriving in Chicago, on a cold winters day, fans were waiting at the gate, screaming for the guys. Leighanne and Brianna took hold of Mark and Baylee and going down to the baggage claim where they would be met by officials from the record company. This was the first time that Mark got scared of seeing everyone screaming for the guys.

Leighanne and Brianna went to the hotel with the kids to warm up and get them settled in, while the guys went on to the TV studios to do their appearances. Brianna didn’t need to appear with the boys until late that afternoon for radio shows.

With Mark and Baylee playing in the Brian and Leighanne’s hotel room on the computer, Leighanne and Brianna talked.
“What is going on?” Leighanne asked.
“I’m not saying anything til tonight. I haven’t even told Nick and I want to tell him before all of you.” Brianna replied.
“But AJ knows....” Leighanne pondered.
“Yeah he knows. I told him this when we met in Chicago at the club where I used to sing. I didn’t tell straight away and things kept happening, I was being shifty with him and the truth had to come out. He is the only one that knows and that’s the way it’s stayed. I wasn’t going to say anything, as I said earlier on the way here, as I didn’t know how this relationship with Nick would go and last. I didn’t want to scare him or something.” Brianna explained.
“Nick isn’t like that. If he loves you, which we all know he does, he won’t be scared or anything. Nick is incredible. I am actually surprised on how he has taken to Mark so well. He was never like this with Baylee. It’s all good now, back then it wasn’t a good time for him, we all know but now, things are just great. Apart from his family, I am the only woman that has known Nick properly the longest and when I mean that he loves you and Mark, I really mean it. You and Mark are the best thing for Nick in such a long time.” Leighanne told her. Brianna couldn’t reply, only just smile and shed a few tears.

When Brianna arrived at the radio station that afternoon with the guys, they were told at the last minute that things would be changing. “Brianna will be giving you lyrics and you have to see if you can match the song.” Matty the DJ told them.
“Hehehe. Sounds goooood.” Alex laughed.
“I’ve been wanting to do this for so long.” Brianna joked.
“You have not.” Alex retorted laughing.
“Maybe I have, maybe I haven’t.” She grinned as they walked into the room where they would be. Nick pulled her aside.

“What’s this you wanna tell me?” He asked.
“Not here. It’ll have to be back at the hotel.” Brianna whispered.
“What is it?” He asked again.
“Nick, please not here. Come on, I wanna see you get your butt kicked on radio.” Brianna replied as she went ahead, Howie hurrying them in.

“Alright peoples. You all know that the Backstreet Boys have done hundreds of songs, sung them millions of times, heard their songs billions of times. Now here is the test. We’re gonna have a quick chat about the album obviously but we are gonna add some excitement. Get their blood boiling. Stay tuned.” Matty told the audience.
“I’m frickin freaking out.” Brian joked.
“He is. His legs are shaking. Yo AJ, hold his leg will ya.” Howie added. After a few questions about the album Matty introduced Brianna to the game.

“First one guys, we’ll ease into things... ‘I’d walk a thousand miles.’” Brianna spoke up.
“Nick?” Alex asked turning to look at him.
“Don’t look at me.” Nick laughed.
“Come on man, you sing this. I know that much.” Howie said.
“Dude come on, you can do this.” Brian said getting outta his chair and rubbing his shoulders.
“Help me out here.” Nick said.
“Oh geeze.” Alex groaned shaking his head.
“Oh yeah! All I have to give.” Nick remembered jokingly, everyone in the room laughing.
“Ok ok, next one... ‘My battery is low.” Brianna said.
“THE CALL!” They all shouted at once.
“I don’t care who you are, where your from, what you did...” Brianna said.
“As long as you love me.” Brian sang.
“Eyes of stone...” Brianna continued.
“Show me the meaning of being lonely.” Howie cut in.
“Man we choose long titles. No wonder people only use the first letters of the title to tell the song.” Nick commented.
“Shawty aint got cable.” Brianna said.
“She’s A Dream.” Alex sighed smiling thinking of Karen.
“Yo, everyone, you gotta know this. AJ is one lovesick puppy here.” Nick laughed.
“Well Karen is a dream.” Alex defended himself. “Karen I love you baby.” He added.
“Alright guys one more.” Matty interjected.
“This one is my favourite.... ‘Am I sexual?” Brianna concluded.
“Backstreet’s Back alright!” Howie answered.

After the radio interview, the guys had a further couple of phone interviews on the way back to hotel, Nick and Brian were doing them leaving Alex and Howie free. Howie was on the phone.

“You going to tell all tonight?” Alex asked.
“Looks like I have to. I have no choice.” Brianna sighed.
“Nick will be fine with it. He adores you.” Alex assured her.
“That’s what Leighanne told me. I just didn’t want to tell Nick so soon. It’s only been a few months.” Brianna replied.
“He will be fine. I’ll be there. We all will be.” Alex said, putting a hand on her knee.

Back at the hotel, Leighanne and Baylee were having dinner in their hotel room with Mark. Mark and Baylee were having some vegetarian pizza.
“Hey matey, how we doing? Having fun?” Brian asked as he and Brianna walked in.
“Why don’t you and Nick go out for dinner or something? Mark’s fine here. If you give us his pyjamas and stuff for bed, we’ll get Mark ready for bed then later tonight we’ll bring them around when they are asleep.” Leighanne suggested.
“I guess that would be alright. Gimme a few minutes.” Brianna replied. When Brianna got back to her and Nick’s hotel room to get Mark’s things, she found Nick talking on the phone over at the window overlooking the Chicago skyline. He acknowledged her as she walked in, grabbed Mark’s things, gave him some indication that she would be back and then she was gone.

“I hope you realise by us doing this tonight you are on babysitting duties on Valentine’s Day...In London.” Brian said when she came back.
“Fine by me.” Brianna replied.
“Brian! No. Don’t be that cruel. Honey, don’t listen to him.” Leighanne assured Brianna. She hugged Mark, thanked Brian and Leighanne again and said she would see them later on before going back to her hotel room.

“Carly, he isn’t tricking you or anything. He means it. Aaron wouldn’t do that kind of thing. Yeah he can be an asshole at times but he loves you. He wouldn’t have done what he did unless he didn’t want to.” Brianna heard Nick say as she walked in. Brianna hugged Nick from behind, walking off again, to go to the kitchenette for a bottle of water and sat on the sofa.
“Aaron isn’t playing games now. You and he are real. The moment he steps outta here, I’m there fixing it up and he knows it. You are supposed to be celebrating, not wondering. Relax alright. I’m ecstatic for you. You and Aaron have fun tonight ok.” Nick continued. After a few words and saying goodbye, Nick got off the phone.

“You right?” Brianna asked as he slumped on the couch next to her.
“Young love. I think its crazy when your younger, better when your older. Kinda less complicated.” Nick sighed.
“Haha, what you on about?” She asked.
“Swear you won’t say anything? I’m the only one that knows.” Nick replied turning to face her side on.
“Naturally. What is it?” She asked.
“Aaron has proposed to Carly. Did it last night at their place. She thinks it’s a trick or a stunt or something to get his name back into the spotlight with his album coming up. What Carly doesn’t know and will never know, Aaron almost proposed at Christmas.” Nick explained.
“Oh my god that is fantastic.” Brianna exclaimed.
“You would think so wouldn’t you? Carly doesn’t believe Aaron or I.” Nick replied.
“They’ve been going out for a while haven’t they?” Brianna asked.
“Yeah 2 years officially but known each other for 5 years. She was in a relationship with someone else.” Nick informed her.
“Has she given an answer?” Brianna asked.
“She hasn’t said anything. Aaron’s pissed off, she’s confused and she doesn’t know on what to say and do.” Nick replied.
“Do you think she will say yes, now or down the track?” Brianna asked.
“I reckon she will. They have been through a lot and shit. I think it just came as a complete shock and she didn’t know how to react. It will all be alright in a few days.” Nick replied.
“That’s good. Poor Aaron.” Brianna remarked.
“I think by morning, things will be fine.” Nick said.
“Let’s hope so.” Brianna agreed.
“So anyway, now to you...what’s this thing you are gonna tell us tonight? Why can’t you tell me first?” Nick asked changing subject.

“I only want to say this once as I don’t really want to talk about it. I do want to tell you but I didn’t know on how we were going in our relationship to tell you this. This has all been a whirlwind. It’s only been a few months. I just....” Brianna rambled on.
“Hey, hey, hey, it’s alright. I understand. Yeah I know it’s only been a few months properly that I have known you but it’s ok. If you don’t want to, that’s fine.” Nick said.
“No, I need to do it tonight. It needs to be told, especially if going out on tour and stuff like that.” Brianna told him.
“And AJ knows about this?” Nick inquired.
“Yes. Let’s drop it alright. Brian and Leighanne have Mark til they come over later on. Mark and Baylee were having fun when we got back so they suggested we spend some time alone. Have dinner together.” Brianna replied.
“Where you feel like going? I know a few good places.” Nick asked.
“You always know a few good places. I swear you would know where to go for some good food even in Australia.” Brianna joked.
“Actually seriously yeah I do.” Nick laughed.
“What you in the mood for?” Brianna asked.
“I’m actually in the mood for you.” Nick said getting up to where Brianna was at the dining table where local information on Chicago were, wrapping his arms around her from behind, kissing her neck and nibbling her ear.
“Me too.” Brianna grinned.