- Text Size +
On Valentine’s Day everyone was in London. Karen, Leigh and James met up with everyone at the hotel. Leighanne was true to her word, Brianna didn’t have to babysitting duties. Everyone had plans for the night but Howie and Leigh’s got cancelled as James came down with a horrible fever and stayed in their hotel room to be with James. Between everyone they surprised Howie and Leigh with a Valentine’s Day dinner in the room, candles, balloons, music, in their room. It was able to do be done while the guys had press and Leigh was spending time with Leighanne and Brianna with the kids.

Nick and Brianna went to the Millennium wheel. It was a clear London night, with a great bit full moon. After a fantastic dinner, they walked the London streets taking in the sights, Brianna in full amazement of everything.

“You know, everyone and I mean everyone is expecting me to change tonight.” Nick commented as they walked into their carriage of the Millennium wheel.
“You change? Ha!” She laughed.
“It’s true. They are thinking that because how much I have fallen for you and adore Mark that tonight will be the night.” Nick replied.
“Boy are they wrong.” Brianna joked.
“That’s what I told the guys. I just went online while you were getting ready and there is a poll on twitter, I think Brian started it, asking who thinks I’m gonna make the big step.” Nick said.
“BRIAN!” Brianna remarked.
“Yeah Brian. He would be the last to do something like that.” Nick replied.
“That’s what I thought.” Brianna agreed.
“Can’t a couple be just that? A couple who care for each other be together?” Nick asked.
“Exactly.” Brianna replied as she looked at the view.
“I do love you though.” Nick casually said.
“You what?” Brianna asked shocked.
“I love you.” Nick repeated. Brianna tried to get words together but she couldn’t get anything to come out.
“I love you too.” She managed to say after a few minutes. Brianna knew he did love her but he showed and told it in his own ways. She longed for him to say it.

“Do you think we should fool them?” Nick asked as they walked back to the hotel. They had an early start with media before flying back out to the US to start preparations for the tour starting in May in the United States.
“How so?” Brianna replied.
“Well they were expecting me to change tonight, you know, expecting an engagement. What if we were to give them the impression that we were engaged? I had changed?” Nick explained.
“Aaaah! I like the sound of that. But, they will ask for a ring. I know they will want to see my hand.” Brianna replied.
“Got that covered.” Nick told her, going into his right pocket of his jacket and getting a small box.
“You haven’t?” Brianna gasped.
“I have.” Nick chuckled.
“This is one of those commitment ones isn’t it? I know you aren’t one for marriage and all.” Brianna asked.
“What do you think?” Nick asked as he took her left hand and placing it on the ring finger.
“Oh my god! NICK!” Brianna squealed.
“I know it’s been a few short months, you and Mark are incredible. This is no pressure or anything. We don’t have to rush things but I love you both so much and I don’t want to lose you two.” Nick said.
“Yes, yes I will.” Brianna replied smiling, a few tears streaming down her face. As they hugged, snow began to fall around them.

“How’s he doing?” Brianna asked when they got back to Howie and Leigh’s hotel room to get Mark.
“Really good no dramas. The travelling got to him and he was out by 8pm. James wasn’t too far out. And his fever has come down.” Leigh replied.
“And your night?” Brianna asked.
“Fantastic. You guys sure know how to please us. We had a fantastic night.” Leigh replied.
“Want us to look after James for a few hours? Nick and I are going to stay up anyway. Only be a few hours before we’re up again.” Brianna suggested.
“Please! We are so exhausted.” Howie begged. Brianna carried Mark and Howie carried James and went back to their hotel room where Nick was packing their bags. Brian was talking with Nick.

“Brianna is that some new bling I see?” Brian commented when she took off her coat.
“Yeah, Nick gave it to me for Valentine’s Day.” Brianna said.
“Can we see?” Howie asked coming back out from the bedroom where the kids were sound asleep.
Brianna brought her hand up for them to see. Nick standing behind Brianna.
“Er, Nick. Great one but you do know it’s an engagement ring?” Howie commented.
“Yup, I know.” Nick replied.
“Did you propose to her?” Brian asked.
“Ah, yeah I did. I wouldn’t have gotten it if I wasn’t going to.” Nick replied.
“I....I thought....” Howie tried to get the words out.
“He had me fooled all night. I wasn’t expecting it or anything.” Brianna spoke up.
“So it’s a yes is it? Millions or billions of girls hearts are broken forever?” Howie asked.
“Ah, yup.” Brianna chuckled. There was congratulations and hugs from them.
“Once I’ve told the fam, then it will be known publically.” Nick said.
“Scouts honour.” Brian told him. Within an hour, the guys and girls had known and were celebrating with Brianna and Nick for a little while before they went back to their rooms.

By morning, Nick’s family had known about the engagement. Nick’s parents weren’t entirely thrilled it was so soon. As they were boarding their flight back to Los Angeles, Nick decided to send a tweet out in the mysterious way as he does. “Some changes are gonna be happenin soon.” He sent out.

“You realise everyone is going to be thinking good and bad?” Alex commented.
“Yep.” Nick laughed as they boarded the plane, Mark on Nick’s shoulders.

Arriving Los Angeles they were flanked by the media wanting to know what was going on after what Nick had sent out. Mark got scared by everyone there, Baylee was unsure. “Alright guys. We aren’t going to get special treatment so we got a plan.” Alex told everyone.
“What’s that?” Nick asked holding Mark.
“We can handle ourselves. We’re gonna get security to take the kids and meet us at the cars.” Alex told them. There was some security for them. They all had cleared customs and got their bags and were ready to walk out. The kids were going last so when they got to the cars, which were out the front of the airport waiting for them, when they got there they wouldn’t be scared.

Mark and James were crying when they got to the car. Mark snuggled into Brianna, Nick’s arms around them. James just wanted Howie. “Shouldn’t have done that.” Nick muttered.
“We weren’t to know it was going to be like this.” Brianna tried to assure him.