- Text Size +
Next morning, things went on as normal. Monday morning. Heather was coming around lunchtime for her vocal lesson before she started looking after Mark around 2.30pm when Brianna went off to the club to rehearse for the nights show. Heather was wanting to get into the music business as well but as a songwriter. Using her own vocals would help a long way. Brianna made a deal with her that she would use her songs that Heather wrote. When Heather arrived, she was excited for this song she wrote. “I wrote this yesterday.” She told Brianna. Brianna let Heather take the piano, which she knew on how to play and listened to it.

It seems like only yesterday you were here
Here with your arms around me.
Your touch, your smell
I can still sense.
You are still my world, my everything.
I see your eyes looking at me.
I feel you are here with me.
Baby why did you have to go?

We finished each other sentences.
We were in sync with each other.
We were destined to be together.
You and I together forever.
It’s true.

But now your gone
I only have your memories.
I can only cry.
I can only cry.
The fun we had, the laughter we gave each other.
How do I go on in this world
Without you.
I love you so much.

I look at my life and where it will lead
But I see no leads
Because you aren’t here with me.
My life was for you.
I lived for you.

We finished each other sentences.
We were in sync with each other.
We were destined to be together.
You and I together forever.
It’s true.

The things we did
The things we planned
We lived
We loved
We dreamed
We had it baby
But now you aren’t here with me
And now I’m all alone.

Baby come and give me a sign
A sign that you haven’t left me
A sign you will always be here for me
A sign you will always love me for me

We were in sync with each other.
We were destined to be together.
You and I together forever.
It’s true.
I love you baby.

Brianna could do nothing but cry. The tears just flowed. “That is beautiful.” Brianna managed to say.
“I knew what yesterday was and thought of you.” Heather told her.
“Thankyou.” Brianna replied giving her a hug.

While Brianna was giving Heather her singing lesson, Mark was in his room playing with his toys that he got for his birthday. Heather’s voice was almost angelic and when wanted to, could be a rocker in an instant. Heather’s birthday was coming up soon and was going to give her a surprise.

At The Grape that afternoon, Brianna rehearsed her set with the band she had. The band was very accommodating to her and with her life on how Mark came first. At a very last resort, Mark came into rehearsals with Brianna. Mark was always a well behaved boy so she never had any problems with him.

“Ah, Brianna, I think we need to talk about tonight’s show.” Glen her drummer said as rehearsals was going to start.
“What’s wrong?” Brianna asked.
“Check the set list.” Barry her male backup singer replied. Brianna grabbed the set list and saw that her and Andrew’s song, was on the list, Faith Hill’s “Let’s Make Love.”
“Still wanna do it?” Glen asked.
“Yeah course I do.” Brianna replied as if it were a stupid question. She had sung the song many times. She was going to have a hard time singing it, she just didn’t want to let the band know.
“You want to rehearse it now?” Kenny the guitarist asked.
“Why not? Come on!” Brianna replied sounding cheering, deep down, crying inside.

The night was great. She sang some great songs, had 2 encores, the crowd at her feet. One noticeable person in the crowd, Alex. Not to let anyone know, she made no connection with Alex unlike she did with the crowd. She made connection with the crowd. Alex always stood further away and in a corner.

After the show, she helped the band pack their gear up and sign stuff off for management when Alex appeared. “Great set tonight.” He commented as they hugged.
“Thanks. Don’t know what it was tonight.” Brianna replied.
“Whatever it was, it was excellent. I gotta get the fellas here one night. Might have to drag one by one. We all can’t do it on one night. If Nick isn’t busy with Lauren, he’s got some appearance, same with the others.” Alex replied.
“How come your free then?” Brianna laughed.
“Well Karen’s at her Mom’s. Her parents wedding anniversary and I was like bored as. I called Mom. Caught up with a few friends and now just god damn bored.” Alex replied ending in a laugh as they walked out the exit of the club to Brianna’s car.
“Ugh, still rocky is it?” Brianna asked as she put her bag in the car.
“Yup. They still think every singer is a hobby and they need a real job. They even thought that Elvis was singing as a hobby.” Alex cracked up laughing.
“Oh boy! I know what you’d say to that.” Brianna laughed.
“Yup. Know me to well.” Alex replied as he leaned against her car.
“Ok, ok, come out with it. I know you wanna say something.” Brianna spoke a few minutes of laughter had faded away.
“This album, you are on it.” Alex said.
“Oh am I?” Brianna asked.
“Oh yeah. Your in the studio next week.” Alex replied simply.
“WHAT!” Brianna freaked out.
“Well that’s if you wanna be. We wanna do some rappin kinda stuff and I know how much you love to rap so, you wanna?” Alex asked.
“Yep for sure.” Brianna replied.
“Oh, better get your passports checked and start packing.” He commented.
“Sorry?” Brianna said.
“For some of this album we’ll mostly be away from home and then you have the tour.” Alex replied matter of factly.
“Alex, you can’t do this to me. I have Mark and.....” Brianna began to ramble on before he stopped her.
“Relax, he’s coming too. Heather can if you want her to come and all. We could arrange something.” Alex cut in. Brianna was lost for words. Too much to take in. “Relax, next week I’ll pick you up and we’ll go through everything.” He laughed, standing in front of her, his hands on her shoulder, smiling at her.
“Next week?” Brianna asked.
“One step at a time. It will be great.” Alex replied, leaning forward and giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking away.

Brianna walked inside her apartment about half an hour later dazed with the news that he gave her. Europe. A Backstreet Boys album. Tour. This was just too much for her. Walking inside she saw that Mark was lying on the sofa in only his pyjama pants next to Heather.
“What’s wrong?” Brianna asked worried sitting next to him, picking him up.
“He’s ok now. Just a little fever but we have it under control now. He’s almost asleep.” Heather replied, Brianna cradling Mark in her arms. She got up and put him in his bed.
“Why didn’t you call me?” Brianna whispered as they stood next to Mark’s bed.
“I didn’t want to bother you at work and I had it under control.” Heather replied as they walked out of the bedroom.
“Heather, you know me.” Brianna whined.
“Reason why I didn’t call you. If things were bad I would have.” Heather replied as she began to put on her jacket.
“Stay for a few minutes, I need to talk to you.” Brianna said.
“What is it?” Heather asked removing her jacket and sitting on the sofa opposite Brianna.

“After work tonight, Alex saw me. We got talking after the show and he gave me a proposition and it includes you.” Brianna began to explain.
“Me? Alex mentioned me?” Heather asked surprised.
“Yeah, but we might have to work something out.” Brianna replied subdued.
“What you mean?” Heather asked.
“Alex wants me to be on the guys next album. Rapping and stuff. Thing is....they want me in Europe for when we record it. Alex mentioned you for if you wanna come and all. Mark will be coming. Alex was thinking being first time spending time with the kids he might be apprehensive and all that. I didn’t have the heart to tell Alex about a few years ago.” Brianna explained.

Five years ago, Heather was involved in an international drug cover up which she was framed for and she was banned from flying overseas for 10 years, despite her charges being dropped and which was being dealt with in the courts at the moment.

“You go for it! I am so happy for you. This is your big break!” Heather exclaimed excited, giving Brianna a hug.
“But what about....?” Brianna began to say.
“Bri, we knew one day this would happen. I’m fine with it. It’s really fine.” Heather replied, Brianna knowing she was lying.
“Heath, you know we are a team.” Brianna said.
“But this is your chance. This is your chance at taking on the world. Your dream. I wouldn’t want you to give up on it because of me.” Heather told her.
“Lemme see what I can do. I’ll talk to Alex on the side.
“Don’t make a big deal of it.” Heather assured her. Heather got up and put her jacket on and began to walk out the door.
“We’ll see.” Brianna sighed as the hugged and she watched Heather go down the stairs.

Next morning Brianna thought more about the situation on what she could do. Brianna had given Heather the day off work as Heather had some things to attend to. She played with Mark during the day and was about to get ready to take Mark into work when Alex and Karen appeared on her door step.

“Can we borrow Mark?” Karen asked.
“You wanna borrow my son?” Brianna laughed.
“Yeah, see we wanna see a movie, kid movie of course and one adult gets in free if a child comes and their tix are like half price.” Alex explained.
“You want to borrow Mark for cheap movie tickets! Alex! You of all people.” Brianna laughed as they followed her in.
“Ok, fess up. We know Heather has the day off and you gotta work tonight so we’ll look after him. Spend the night with us.” Alex told Brianna.
“Karen, you know you will be with 2 kids don’t you?” Brianna asked Karen.
“If I can handle Alex on his own, Mark will be easy.” Karen laughed.
“Gee thanks!” Alex remarked.
“Anytime.” Karen replied as she kissed him on his neck.
“Mark, you want to spend time with Uncle Alex and Karen?” Brianna called out to Mark who was in his room.
“Yay!” Mark cheered running out of his room.