- Text Size +
On the weekend, Mark had his 3rd birthday party with his few friends he had. Karen making an appearance as Alex didn’t want the occasion marked by paparazzi causing trouble at his birthday party. Heather was on hand to help out with the party that was at the local kids fun centre where the kids could run around and play on things.

As the final child left, Karen took the presents out to the car while Brianna carried a tired out Mark who was falling asleep on her hip. Settling Mark in the car seat, Brianna sat in the front next to Karen.

“Something’s wrong isn’t it?” Karen asked.
“What makes you say that?” Brianna replied.
“You and Heather were sort of distant and weren’t really making contact with each other. What is it?” Karen said.
“We were just busy with the kids. It’s all good.” Brianna lied.
“Yeah right. Ya giving me the look when you were having contractions. Spill.” Karen said.
“It’s about Heather, we’re fine honestly. Nothing is wrong with us.” Brianna replied.
“But...” Karen added.
“But, I gotta talk to Alex about it.” Brianna replied as Karen pulled outside Brianna’s place.
“Talk to him now about it.” Karen said, pointing out front to show Alex’s car. Karen got Mark out of the car and took Brianna’s keys to her apartment and put him down for a nap.

“Talk woman.” Alex said as they leaned against his car.
“Not here ok. We’ll go inside.” Brianna replied as she began to walk ahead of Alex.
Inside the apartment they all sat on around the kitchen table with drinks. “It’s the offer.” Brianna spoke up. She explained the situation with Alex about Heather.
“But the situation could change any time can’t it?” Alex asked her.
“It’s been pending for about 2 years now...Heather can travel anywhere here in the US no worries, just can’t go overseas. She has an idea though...” Brianna answered.
“Such as...” Alex asked curious.
“In case she can’t come over she was thinking about having the kids having some kind of play date to get to know each other. We know how Leigh and Leighanne are busy with everything and all...” Brianna began to say before Alex cut in.
“Play date...why didn’t I think of that?” He questioned himself.
“Haha yeah Alex, good one.” Brianna laughed.
“No seriously it is a great idea. I’ll get the girls thoughts on it. Then hoping all going well, IF Heather can’t make it, when you are working with us, Mark can be with the kids and all.” Alex said.
“Right on. Heather feels bad and all. She didn’t want me to tell you, wanted me to make up some excuse but I felt as though you needed to know the truth.” Brianna replied.
“Won’t go any further than here. Karen may have heard this but she won’t say anything. You know our lives. Like the Vegas saying.” Alex replied making a joke.
“Thanks.” Brianna smiled as he hugged her.

Monday morning she picked up Alex at his place, Karen was at work already. Alex’s car was at the mechanics getting services and was driving Alex around for the day. As they got through security, Alex’s phone rang and he answered it. Karen. Finding a car park, Brianna glanced at Nick who was sitting towards the bottom of the stair case on the phone and not in a good mood. Brianna and Alex got out of the car but Alex remained giving her the ok to go to the stairs where Nick was and enter there.

“That doesn’t sound too good.” Brianna remarked to Howie who was just walking in ahead of her.
“Yeah, word of warning, be careful of being around Nick today. I’m just about to warn everyone. AJ will know when he walks in.” Howie said who waited for Brianna to catch up.
“Thanks for the warning.” Brianna replied as she followed Howie to the meeting room. Brian was already there, writing already humming away.
“Hey B.” Brian said, getting out of his chair to greet Brianna with a hug.
“Hey, how are you?” Brianna replied.
“Going good. Writing down some stuff for a song. I’ve been buzzing since like 1am this morning. Drove Leigh crazy.” Brian laughed.
“Once you get Brian into a writing frenzy, you can’t stop him. He almost didn’t come on stage one night because he was writing right to the very second.” Alex piped up walking in the room.
“I can’t help it, you know me.” Brian joked.
“Glad you didn’t do it when you got married.” Howie laughed as they all sat down.
“Leighanne would have understood.” Brian answered.
“Yeah true.” Alex added.
“So we going to wait for Nick or what?” Howie asked.
“How things going out there?” Brian asked Alex turning to face him.
“Well let’s just say that if Nick is spaced out for a while, you know why.” Alex sighed leaning back.
“Still same problems?” Howie guessed.
“The one of her going behind his back, yup.” Alex sighed.
“Just to let you in so we aren’t confusing you, for a while Nick and Lauren have been rocky. She’s cheating on him, he wants her to admit it but she won’t. Howie actually caught her out. Lauren is trying to convince Nick that Howie is wrong and trying to make Nick believe her more than Howie.” Brian explained to Brianna.
“Naturally Nick is believing Howie.” Alex added. At that moment, they all could hear Nick walking down the hallway.
“Do me a favour, throw away this phone from me. I don’t want it.” Nick said to Brian throwing Brian the phone.
“Nick, if she is still denying it, then end it. She isn’t worth it. If she can’t tell you the truth...” Brian told him.
“Oh I told her. I told her alright. I’ve ordered her to get her things outta my place by tonight otherwise everything will be burnt. It’s over. I’m single again.” Nick snapped sitting down next to Brianna.

For the morning they spent the morning going over ideas for the album, what they wanted to achieve, who they wanted to work with, listening to the expectations of management and going through other details that needed to be dealt with.

Finishing at the studio around 6pm, Brianna drove Alex home.
“He likes ya.” Alex said.
“Who?” Brianna asked unsure who he was talking about.
“Nick of course.” Alex replied.
“Nick? But he hardly knows me and all. What have you said about me to him?” Brianna asked worried.
“Bri, he knows about you. He’s secretly been to a few gigs of yours. When you are around him, he has to remind himself he is, well was according to him, with Lauren. He thinks Mark is fantastic.” Alex informed her.
“But, but, but...” Were the only words coming out from Brianna.
“Just chill ok....things may happen.” He replied as Brianna pulled up outside the mechanics place.
“Gee thanks!” Brianna laughed sarcastically, Alex getting out of the car.
“I’m serious here. Just chill.” He replied shutting the door.