- Text Size +
Nick joined Brianna and Mark at the club that night. One thing that she always felt self conscious about was her car compared to the guys cars. Her car was never reliable and that afternoon it wasn’t. It wouldn’t turn on again. They got the car seat out of her car and put it in Nick’s car and he drove to the club.
“Never thought would see this in my car.” He chuckled.
“I never thought I would either but here we are.” Brianna replied, Nick putting a hand on Brianna’s.
“We so are.” He smiled at her, glancing at the back where Mark was, behind him making sure he was fine.
“Can you believe this is your first gig you have been to mine?” Brianna remarked as he drove on.
“I owe you big time. How many you been to ours?” Nick asked.
“Let’s say a few.” Brianna laughed.
“You seen Uncle AJ on stage have you Mark?” Nick asked Mark.
“No.” Mark replied.
“Well we gotta take care of that. Don’t you worry. You’ll see all of us on stage soon. Your Mommy and I will be doing our rap. You like that don’t you.” Nick said.
“Yeah. It good.” Mark replied.
“Nick.” Brianna whined.
“You’ll be right.” Nick assured her.

When they arrived at the club, Mark ran to Gabrielle who was working at the club as a waitress. “Hey Marky. How’s my favourite guy?” Gabrielle said.
“Good. Mommy brought a friend.” Mark replied. In walked Nick and Brianna.
“Hi, how are you?” Gabrielle asked shocked that Nick was there. She had seen the other guys and the girls before but never Nick.
“Yeah good thanks, yourself.” Nick replied as he watched Brianna head to the stage where the band was.
“Great now that my favourite guy is here.” She replied cuddling Mark and picking him up and tickling him.
“Me hungry.” Mark said.
“You hungry hey? What do you feel like? I got chicky sticks, cheese pizza...” Gabrielle went on.
“Chicky sticks, chicky sticks.” Mark cheered.
“Chicky sticks it is. Do you want to grab something to eat now or have it later with the guys?” Gabrielle replied looking up at Nick.
“Chicky sticks, chicky sticks.” Mark looked up at Nick.
“You want me to have some chicky sticks hey?” Nick asked Mark.
“Yeah. Chicky sticks.” Mark replied.
“Haha, chicky sticks it is.” Nick laughed.
“No worries, two chicky sticks it is.” Gabrielle laughed heading back out to the kitchen.

Nick and Mark moved towards the front of the stage and began to watch Brianna perform on stage. Nick had heard of how brilliant Brianna captured the stage and how great she performed but he never saw it for himself and tonight was the night. Brianna brought Nick up on stage and introduced him to the band.

By the time the show started, Mark had fallen asleep in Brianna’s dressing room, Gabrielle with him. Nick stood in the background, not to reveal himself to much the crowd and steal the attention away from Brianna. Brianna performed a fantastic set. Performing her crowd favourites, the bands favourites and ending with her signature cover song, Leanne Rimes’ “Can’t Fight The Moonlight.” With that song she went into the crowd and ending with Nick.

Getting in the car, Brianna gently put Mark in his seat, asleep. “He can sleep through all that, and then move into the car.” Nick remarked when Brianna sat in her seat.
“Yup. The show tires him out so much. He loves it here.” She replied.
“I know Howie and Leigh would be jealous. Tour with James first time he was difficult. Poor Howie hardly slept.” Nick said.
“Alex did mention that. I remember he was calling me a few times while trying to get James off to sleep.” Brianna joked.
“We did our bit.” Nick laughed.

Pulling in the driveway of the apartment, Brianna noticed Heather’s car outside on the street. “Is that Heather?” Brianna asked herself.
“I’ll get him inside. I’m a pro.” Nick told her. Brianna gave Nick her keys and went to Heather who was walking up the driveway.

“Hey, how you doing? What’s happening?” Brianna asked hugging Heather.
“Can we talk?” Heather asked, sounding upset.
“Sure hun, come on. Nick’s got Mark, come on.” Brianna replied putting an arm around Heather as they walked out to the court yard.

“I have to quit. I am so sorry for leaving you like this but I have no choice.” Heather said.
“What? What’s going on?” Brianna asked.
“The good news is that the court case has been dropped and that my name is cleared and getting compensation. Should come through in a couple of weeks. The bad news is that I’ve got to go into hospital. I’ve got cancer.” Heather replied in a rush trying to get everything out.
“What?” Brianna said shocked.
“Yeah.” Heather cried. Brianna didn’t know what to say. All she could do was just put her arms around Heather and hold her.
“I know he would be asleep but can I see him?” Heather asked a few minutes later composing herself.
“Sure hun, no worries. Also, get all that run of make up off you. Not a good look.” Brianna replied giving her a smile.

Heather and Brianna walked in, Nick acknowledging them as he sat on the sofa using his phone to catch up on messages from people. Heather walked to Mark’s room and stayed there for a few minutes. “She ok?” Nick asked concerned.
“Nope.” Brianna replied as Nick put his arms around her. Heather stayed for a minutes before she left.
“I’ll give you a call in a few days alright.” Brianna promised her.

Snuggled up on the sofa, Nick’s arms around Brianna, they sat in silence. “What’s up?” He asked.
“I dunno. I just feel weird for some reason.” Brianna replied.
“Worried about Heather?” Nick guessed.
“Yeah sure, but this is something else. It is, I dunno.” Brianna said.
“Define your weird.” He told her.
“While I’m happy about you and I, I guess I can’t help but feel as though that this is wrong. I never expected to be in a relationship again after Andrew. I’m sorry. I just...” Brianna explained quietly getting up from the sofa.
“Feel as though you are betraying him? Cheating on him?” Nick guessed.
“Yes.” Brianna replied upset.
“Andrew wouldn’t want you to be like this. You can’t go on with your life like this. You need to be loved like the way you were with Andrew. Me, nor anyone can replace the love you have for Andrew. Wouldn’t expect it but you do need happiness, need to be loved.” Nick said.
“I know, I know. It’s just that I had it in my mind that I would be a single Mom.” Brianna replied.
“It’s alright, really.” Nick assured her, putting his arms around her.