- Text Size +
Next morning when Brianna, Mark and Nick arrived at the studio, Mark was going to spend the day with Karen, they saw Brianna’s car on a tow truck. “WHAT?” Brianna freaked out.
“Relax. It’s ok. I called a mechanic and he’s going to fix the car today.” Alex told her.
“Alex, you know how I feel about this.” Brianna said.
“And I know how you feel about being independent.” Alex added. With a sigh that blew her hair that was in front of her behind her, she gave in. Karen soon turned up, Mark running to her and Alex and Nick fixing the car seat into Karen’s car.

Brianna didn’t have the gig at the show that night so she was able to spend the day with the guys in the studio. When Mark was with Alex and Karen she didn’t have to worry at all. She sometimes trusted them more than she trusted herself with Mark.

“Hey Nick, you know we got that movie premiere tonight.” Howie reminded Nick as they ate lunch out on the balcony.
“Which movie is it again?” Alex asked.
“Ah some vampire thing. Some comedy.” Brian replied.
“Vampire comedy...Mmm now that’s something you don’t here in one sentence.” Nick laughed.
“You going to take Brianna?” Howie asked.
“Aw geeze, she’s in the room Howie. Put the pressure on.” Brian laughed. Brianna slightly blushed.
“You know the ‘friends’ tag never goes with Nick when he is with a woman.” Brianna told the guys.
“That’s true.” Nick agreed.
“So you don’t wanna take me hey?” Brianna laughed, throwing Nick a piece of bread.
“Nup. Too much hassle.” Nick replied throwing it back to her.
“Aw gee thanks. Nice way to make a feel girl wanted.” She joked.
“You still laying low?” Brian asked.
“Yeah, not rushing things. Wanna take things slow.” Nick replied as he got up and stood behind Brianna bending down to give her a peck on the neck, then standing back up again, his hands on her shoulders.
“I don’t want to rush things, you know what I mean.” Brianna added.
“Yep, know what you mean.” Alex said putting a hand on her knee.

Back in the recording studio, Brianna listened as they recorded, Chris the producer with her. She wasn’t singing on this song but she was hanging around anyway. While they were recording, a message came on the computer from management asking the guys to stop recording. By the time they walked out of the room, Jen, their manager met them.

“What’s going on?” Howie asked as they stood next to each other.
“We’ve just had a phone call from the hospital here in Burbank. Karen and Mark have been in a car accident.” Jen said.
“What happened? How are they?” Alex asked shocked.
“Hospital wouldn’t say.” Jen replied.
“Come on guys.” Nick said as he walked out the door with Alex and Brianna behind him.

In what seemed like hours, was only a few minutes to the hospital, they arrived. Karen was next to Mark who were both being treated in the same room. Brianna rushed over to Mark to see him but the nursing staff wouldn’t allow that. After determination, they agreed to let her see Mark. He was covered in tubes, machines beeping at him. She stroked his little hand, crying to him over and over that she was here for him. A nurse then told her that he was going to have surgery, internal bleeding. Brianna signed the forms and watched her son being wheeled away.

Alex was holding Karen who couldn’t stop crying. Nick was outside, giving them some time together. “I’m so sorry.” Karen apologised through her tears.
“It’s alright, it really is.” Brianna cried hugging her. Orderlies then came and took Karen off for some scans to make sure she had no further injuries. Alex and Brianna walked out of the room, hand in hand, her head resting on his shoulder.
“What’s going on?” Nick asked.
“Mark’s got internal bleeding and is in surgery. Karen seems alright, just taking her for scans to make sure.” Alex sighed.
“Do you know what happened?” Nick asked.
“Karen hasn’t mentioned anything.” Alex replied.
“I just need to be on my own.” Brianna quietly spoke, letting go of Alex’s hand and walking off.
“You ok?” Nick asked. Brianna didn’t answer.

Brianna sat under a tree and just stared into space. She already lost the father to their child in a car accident, she didn’t want to lose her son in a car accident as well. Andrew’s parents weren’t all that well either she found out. The only blood family Mark had was Brianna. After Mark’s 3rd birthday they never called to see how he was doing.

“He’s out of surgery.” Alex said sitting down on the ground next to her. It had been some hours later.
“How is he?” Brianna asked, not looking at him.
“He’s alright. He still has a lot of tubes but that’s alright. They’ve sedated him so the swelling can go down but he is good considering. Come on, let’s go.” Alex replied getting up, holding out his hand for her to take. She took his hand and they went to Mark’s room where Nick was. Nick was holding his hand, humming some songs.
“He likes that one.” Brianna commented when she heard Nick hum ‘Backstreet’s Back’.
“Every kid does.” Nick chuckled quietly.
“How’s Karen?” Brianna asked.
“She’s fine. Resting at the moment. Keeping her in 24 hours for observation but alright.” Alex replied. Brianna sat with Mark the entire time, not leaving his bedside until he opened his eyes the following afternoon.