- Text Size +
A year had gone by. The world tour finished a few weeks and were taking extended time off so they could all work on their solo projects. Alex and Karen had welcome their son Jason into the world and was just about to celebrate his first birthday. Howie and Leigh were happy with their lives, Leigh setting up her own small business as a financial advisor. Brian wanted to do another album, Leighanne working on Wylee and working with Brian. As for Brianna and Nick, things were estranged but they weren’t letting it show to anyone. Brianna’s career as a singer was on hold but she was happy to be song writing and getting an income through that, occasionally working with Leighanne for a while.

Nick and Mark were out in the backyard with Scruffy – Mark’s dog that Nick’s bought him when they got back from the tour. Brianna and Nick were fine as a couple but there was one topic that wouldn’t be mentioned in front of no one, having another child. Nick was wanting to have a child with Brianna but she didn’t want to. She wasn’t ready. Also, she really couldn’t. But she didn’t tell anyone. Not even Alex knew and she told him everything. Nick was teaching Mark about football and was showing him on how to tackle, Scruffy trying to get into the middle of them.

“Mark, bed time!” Brianna called out.
“Aw Mommy!” He called back.
“Sun’s going to sleep soon and so should you.” Brianna told him.
“Ooooh, I always hated that excuse.” Nick commented.
“Shut up you!” Brianna laughed.
“But it’s not asleep yet.” Mark asked.
“It’s getting ready for bed, having its bath, brushing its teeth, putting its pyjamas on...” Brianna said.
“The sun doesn’t do that silly.” Mark giggled.
“Tell you what, you have your bath alright and we’ll watch some football together.” Nick suggested.
“YAY!” Mark cheered running inside.
“Nick, what have you done?” Brianna asked.
“You always know after his bath and is ready for bed and when he starts to watch TV he falls asleep.” Nick replied.
“But I ALWAYS KNOW it doesn’t work. Remember Sydney?” Brianna reminded him.
“We just landed there from here. He was bound to be awake all night, he slept all flight.” Nick said.
“Whatever. Just go and run his bath alright, we’ll be there in a bit.” Brianna told him as she went up the stairs to Mark’s room, Scruffy walking behind him.

Once Mark eventually went to sleep, Brianna and Nick talked about what Nick wanted to do while he was on vacation. Nick wanted to spend time with his friends in California and also in Florida as well. The way Nick was talking, it was sounding as though Brianna and Mark weren’t going to go. Brianna did give Nick allowances and stuff letting him live the single life a little bit because of being so busy with the band but pulled him in line every so often.

“I was talking to Andy today and he was thinking about us guys go away camping for the weekend. Kelly is working her ass off and isn’t seeing much of her, so thinking of going away with him.” Nick stated.
“Where to?” Brianna asked as she tidied the kitchen up.
“See where the high road takes us. We always do this. Haven’t done it for a while.” Nick replied.
“That’s alright.” Brianna said.
“Yeah also Chris was saying earlier that Jason’s getting married in a couple of weeks and that he wants to go away for a week with the boys. One long buck’s party, think Chris was saying that Jason was wanting it in like Miami or something.” Nick laughed.
“Jason does seem to be the wild one out of the Florida crew.” Brianna remarked.
“Awww, I wouldn’t say that. I would say that Scotty is, but hey, look at him. Got 2 kids and another due in a month.” Nick replied.
“What else do you have planned?” Brianna asked.
“Just see what happens I guess. It is the summer after all. Anything happens in summer.” Nick replied.
“Oh alright.” Brianna said.
“What?” Nick asked as he stood opposite her at the kitchen bench, Brianna wiping it down with a cloth.
“You got no plans for us? Just see what happens are we in are we?” Brianna replied.
“Well we have been back a few weeks and you haven’t mentioned anything either. You haven’t said what you wanted to do.” Nick retorted back.
“You know what I am doing, spending time with my son. We’ve been back from tour for 3 weeks now and all you have been doing is being with your friends. You haven’t wanted to spend some time with us here at home. You are gone majority of the day. It’s a good think Mark is used to you working long hours and all. Least I don’t have to try and find excuses.” Brianna replied.
“Well I am sorry that I am spending so much time with my friends. I haven’t seen them in like forever. I’ll just throw away the keys to the car and house and lock the doors shall I? Be a prisoner here and spend time with you and Mark.” Nick smartly said.
“I’m sorry we are an inconvenience to you.” Brianna replied as she stormed upstairs to their bedroom.

“Bri, come on, open the door. Let’s talk about this.” Nick pleaded knocking on the door.
“Now you want to talk?” Brianna asked.
“What is it with you?” Nick snapped.
“My problem is with you. Yes you.” Brianna replied opening the door, walking past Nick going down the stairs.
“Me? What about me?” Nick asked running after her.
“While on tour you said you wanted to have a child with me. Nick, you have hardly paid attention to Mark since we have been back and me for that matter. Towards the end of the tour, I know we were all tired and cranky and just wanting the tour to be over but it was a bit much. Not touching me, nothing, only when out in public when people would be wanting it. I have had no affection, real affection from you in so long.” Brianna blurted out.
“Only because when I said I wanted a child with you, and you told me you weren’t ready you went shifty on me so I thought stuff you.” Nick yelled.
“Did it occur to you to ask why and stuff?” Brianna asked.
“I wasn’t going to push it further when you said you weren’t ready.” Nick replied.
“So you thought you would turn the other cheek. Great, thanks!” Brianna replied.
“Bri, come on.” Nick said.
“Nick, no. I can’t do this. I can’t. I’m taking Mark and we are going now.” Brianna snapped racing up the stairs to get Mark out of his bed and get him in the car. Nick tried to get words out but she wouldn’t let him.

In the car, Mark sound asleep in the backseat, she turned left when she got to the end of the driveway. She didn’t know where she would end up. One place she didn’t want to be, at their place.